• Pros

• "Ease of use. It is fairly simple to navigate throughout Visual Lease."

• "The software is intuitive. Each screeen is logical and easy to navigate. Everyday I find something new feature I can use in the adminstrative section along with projects."

• "Able to view leases and abstracts quickly. Since I pay the rent for over 100 locations I look at the financials and this is very helpful."

• Cons

• "Creating reports can be confusing at first, but once they are created reports are easy to generate when you need them."

• "I can't think of anything I dislike about the product or vendor. I have worked for 25 years implementing various types of property management software. Visual Lease is by far the best."

• "It's not able to do all of the custom reports our team needs. We have to manipulate some of the standard reports and portfolio reports."

Browse Visual Lease Reviews

William from Health Management Systems, Inc.

Great integration of Lease Admin and Accounting

We have only just begun our journey, but I am very impressed with the customer service and knowledge of our implementation manager and our account manager. It gives me great confidence that we will get the support we need going forward.

Pros

Visual Lease is exactly what we were looking for. We had an existing lease administration system, but were still doing the accounting manually. The lease administration functions are much easier to use and there is a seamless flow into the lease accounting functions. Our implementation manager was amazing. She was able to walk us through the setup process and answered all of our questions. I am confident that I can find the right data quickly in Visual Lease where I just stopped going into the old database because it was much too cumbersome to extract the data in the format I needed it. I also have the confidence that our accounting team is getting the correct data now that we are no longer manually sending reports.

Cons

They have some side features like project management that are limited in nature. Although not a primary purpose of the software, some additional improvements in these areas would make it that much better of a product. Also, the mapping had some inaccuracies that we were able to manually overcome, but should continue to be improved.

Reasons for Choosing Visual Lease

Visual lease was the product that we felt had the best integration of both the lease administration and lease accounting functions. Other software systems said they could do both but upon further review they were strong in either admin or accounting but not both.

Reasons for Switching to Visual Lease

We did not have a lease accounting system that was tied to our lease admin system. We conducted an RFP for a system with both capabilities and through that process chose Visual Lease.

Danilo from Azadea Group

How Visual Lease simplify the way to run reports

Preparing reports become much easier than before. Nowadays it is not required to communicate with all different departments, which very often they are not based in the same country.

Pros

For the Real Estate prospective the most useful feature is the report field. It is very useful and easy to use because you can review and check all the info (General and Financial) for all the units.

Cons

Overall the system works very well and one of the best feature that Visual Lease offers is the financial reporting. At the moment Visual Lease gives you the possibility to run financial reports with simple steps and various options such as customize by month and year. The additional feature that can be add value on these reports could be if the system automatically gives the amount based on the Lease year for all units despite the fact that they have different Lease periods.

Karen from Electrocomponents plc

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

first lease admin & accounting software for the company

positive experience with sales during request for proposal, very knowledgeable and patient implementation team led by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] allowing us to complete implementation on time, some hiccups with trying to have more customised info built into the accounting feed without having to incur additional costs but otherwise have appreciated being put in touch with technical expert [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to understand how the system does or does not accommodate for IFRS 16 specifics

Pros

ability to apply more than one accounting standard to a lease, ease of running reports and creating ad-hoc rpeorts, clear and easy to follow journal entries and lease amortisation schedules, clean user interface

Cons

very US-centric whereas we are UK company applying IFRS and would like more of the US terminology turned off and more of the IFRS 16 accounting rules evident and labelled as such in the application so that users can make direct correlation to what is in the IFRS rules

Response from Visual Lease

Replied June 2020

Hi Karen! Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. We would like to learn more about the specifics of how we can improve our lease accounting nomenclature and usability for clients focused on IFRS 16. I will reach out directly to see if you'd be willing to connect with our Product Team. Thanks again for taking the time to share your input. It is much appreciated.

Lorraine from Lincoln Educational Services Corp.

Overall

Great customer service and training thru videos.

Pros

Very intuitive. I like the idea you can create new Lease ID's as a test to "play around" with the software and test out the calculations before they go live.

Cons

User manual very confusing to read. Sometimes input key (especially for dates) doesn't work and have to retype many times to get date in.

Ease of use and cost.

Ben from Blackhawk Network

Industry: Facilities Services

User Experience

From the beginning to the end VL has been most accomidating and eager to help. Customer service is hard to come by these days. It's refreshing to have companies work with you on business objectives.

Pros

Cons

When it comes to putting dates there is sometimes a different way to put them in. Depending on the country your are working with dates can be misleading . the first set of number are either the day or the moth. Dates should be 09-MAR-2019 = 99-MMM-9999. Sometimed the drop down date is not as intuitive as you would think. this is a small thing but I have made a mistake or two because of not paying attention.

Reasons for Choosing Visual Lease

Demonstration of its abilities and education from the vaious teams from VL

Wendy from One Medical

Exceptional Product

Reporting was a huge issue with our previous system. That problem has been solved with the fantastic functionality and ease of use. We can add as many users as we want or need and anyone can generate a report from the system to meet their needs. Our lease information can now be shared throughout the company wherever it is needed.

Pros

For me, the best feature of Visual Lease is the report generation. It is so user friendly! There is no point in maintaining a database of information if you are not able to access that information by clicking a few keys! You can literally create a report with any data points from the system in minutes. It has changed the way we do our jobs.

Cons

I can't think of a single thing I would change.

Reasons for Choosing Visual Lease

Functionality and price. We're a small company with under 100 leases so the system was well suited to our needs and budget.

Reasons for Switching to Visual Lease

The previous system could not meet our reporting needs or future financial reporting requirements.

Visual Lease

Overall experience with Visual Lease as a Portfolio Index of properties has been favorable.

Pros

Ease of use. It is fairly simple to navigate throughout Visual Lease.

Cons

Setting up Ad Hoc reports can be a little difficult. Understanding how to get the filtering to work is not as easy as some systems I have worked with. To be fair, I have not taken the time to go through any of the tutorials, but it is not as intuitive as other systems.

Reasons for Switching to Visual Lease

Visual Lease is a better Lease Administration system and was less expensive.

Kelsey from Paragon Services

Efficient Program

Visual Lease has saved our company so much money, and has made many of our jobs much easier.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that I am able to keep all of our corporate leases organized with all critical dates and monthly financials. I also utilize the reporting system, making monthly rent payments easier and efficient.

Jeffrey from Curo Financial Technologies Corp

Visual Lease is an effective solution

Recording, tracking and reporting of approximately 450 leases. Has been an effective and robust solution for us.

Pros

Allows us to track and report on all our leases, tie in with Accounting for rent payments and FASB compliance.

Cons

Would like a more robust method to track CAM/OpEx expenses, but that's a minor issue.

Sheree from Asurion

Everyone has been very helpful with any issues I have ran in to. My overall experience has been very good.

Pros

Cons

As of now I have not found anything I do not like about Visual Lease

Reasons for Switching to Visual Lease

In order to get more information that is needed for our real estate group

Ray from Interface Systems

Industry: Security and Investigations

New Visual Lease User

We have enough leases to justify a software solution versus sticking with Excel. The process starting with demonstrations, through contract discussions and negotiation, to implementation to go-live, were generally smooth. The implementation was simple and was managed in such an excellent way, we were able to go-live two weeks earlier than expected. Customer success is quick to respond to questions. Although we don't always like the responses where the system does not handle a particular situation, we are pleased with the professionalism and care taken to respond.

Pros

The software is very straightforward and easy to use. This solution allows us to stay organized and provides us the platform to be in compliance with ASC 842 Leases. In addition to this we were able to provide our auditors access to read-only documents and calculations and the audit was significantly smoother because of this capability.

Cons

There are some challenges to disposals/terminations of agreements. Improvements are needed to manage the entire life cycle of a leased asset, especially when it comes to accounting and compliance with the new lease standard.

Reasons for Choosing Visual Lease

Perceived ease of use and costs

Response from Visual Lease

Replied June 2020

Hi Ray! Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It is much appreciated. Our Product Team would love to speak with you further re: your needs around life cycle management and how we can simplify that process. We will be in touch to follow up with you shortly! -Andrea - Manager, Product at Visual Lease

March 2011

Gerri from Bingham McCutchen LLP

March 2011

Comprehensive Program/Great Customer Service

I can highly recommend VisualLease with no qualifications. They listen to their customers, and frequent updates to the leasing program are largely in direct response to customer needs. The company is very reliable, and offers other leasing services in addition to administering the lease management program.

Pros

We have been using VisualLease as our exclusive leasing program for almost seven years, and it has never failed to fulfill our leasing neeeds. Having all of our office leases easily accessible from anywhere by multiple users has allowed us to respond to every leasing question in a matter of minutes. The abstract function is extremely valuable in accessing quick information on specific topics, and the financial tracking function has cut our annual budgeting process time in half. I don't know how we'd manage our leases without Visual Lease. The best feature of VisualLease is the company's customer service. There is always a person available to respond immediately to every question and to find a solution to an issue in very short order. The new web version has virtually eliminated all technical issues, and new updates are frequent and well announced.

Cons

If there are any "cons," it might be that although the program is ultimately very user-friendly, it does takes some training at the begninning in order to learn all that the program has to offer. This is not really a "con" - it's just a simple learning experience which is to be expected with any new program.

Betty from Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC d/b/a Planet Fitness

Very Functional & User Friendly

Pros

Ease of use and the capability to pull many different reports for rent and other clauses.

Cons

Better functionality in retrieving data for special reports -- such as an Option Notice Report that has more detailed information for our needs. Too detailed to explain here. When entering "increase" dates for rents, can put in notes but not all notes appear even though they are there. Thus, enter increases separately. However, if entered in this fashion and an "increase" report is pulled these entries do not pull up.

Tim from Core & Main LP

Industry: Utilities

Core & Main

Pros

Allows us to modify fields as needed and houses information in a very user friendly way.

Cons

As of now we have yet to run into anything that we do not care for.

n/a

March 2015

Darlene from Smith & Nephew

March 2015

4 year Visual Lease user

Pros

Visual Lease is a great product. I think what I like most is the constant improvement they make to the product to meet the needs of their clients. Training is offered on each new version or module that is being introduced.

Cons

There is really nothing that I don't like about the product or vendor. Until recently, it would have been the fact that they were not able to offer translation services when abstracting leases; however, that has been resolved and can now be provided.

John from Lake Health

My Review

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use and adaptable to our needs.

Cons

Some of the features and reporting are a little counterintuitive.

Easier end user experience

Sunny from National Fitness Partners / Planet Fitness

NFP Review

VLC definitely is helping us keep our store lease data all in one place and easy to track. Maintaining this information as it changes is what we are trying to figure out. Overall it is very helpful in organization.

Pros

Ease of use. Very user friendly and intuitive.

Cons

Implementation was tough. Have a lot of abstraction documents that are rolling so trying to figure out how we can send new documents coming in to VLC to abstract and upload. Trying to figure out a process for that.

Reasons for Choosing Visual Lease

Most user friendly and intuitive to use for all employees (even those with no real estate experience).

Caryn from Tavistock Restaurants

I love Visual Lease

Pros

The software is very logical and easy to use. Visual Lease places a high priority on responding to client requests/suggestions to improve the process. Any time I find myself wishing I could do something, I email my idea to support. Many of my suggestions have made their way into upgrade releases.

Cons

This is a tough one to answer. To be fair, I'm trying to come up with something. Nothing is coming to mind.

Nick from IMManagers.com

Virtual Lease - Great Features/Functionalities. Comprehensive Program

Pros

This is a good web-based real estate lease accounting and management system. User can customize data fields according to requirements for contracts and the integrated accounting system is great for keeping track of the companies finances. It pretty much covers the bases as a software solution for leaseholders and corporate real estate. And its FASB and IASB compliant.

Cons

Not really a con: Needs a bit of a learning curve, but totally understandable- same as with everything.

Kevin from Memorial Hermann

Kevin's Review

Pros

It's easy to use, and it makes it easy to organize and visualize the lease information. We are able not only to utilize the lease records for information, but also to start using the Project Module for projects that are in progress. It helps keeps the information in one place for everyone to read for updates instead of emailing back and forth.

Cons

Richard from Youth Advocate Programs, Inc.

Comprehensive solution

We are able to better manage our lease renewals and financial reporting requirements now that we've adopted a platform that allows us to share lease information to each responsible department. Implementation was easy.

Pros

It is a comprehensive software solution that brought together out leases in a manageable platform while accommodating current and future lease reporting obligations. Lease calculations, including transition calculations, are easy to understand and accomplish.

Cons

After about the first few leases processed through the system the flow and understanding of the required items become routine and all complications are overcome.

Reasons for Choosing Visual Lease

The flow and use of this platform was well thought out and developed.

June 2011

Mark from Sevell Realty Partners, Inc.

June 2011

Visual Lease Administration Review

Visual Lease's professional and knowledgeable personnel from the first inquiry about the system to customer service are their greatest asset. The 24/7 accessibility of the system is extremely beneficial to real estate and operation professionals that are constantly on the move. The comfort of knowing that there is a daily backup of the system off-site and records can be easily retrieved should the need arise.

Pros

This is one of the easiest systems to understand and to operate once you start working with the system. The updates often reflect items that we have discussed with Visual Lease. The Training videos are very helpful and customer service has been outstanding.

Cons

Are usually taken care of in the latest update.

April 2011

Darlene from Smith & Nephew, Inc.

VL Product/Service Review

Because we are trying to centralize the lease management process for our global company, we must obtain leases from a great many different people/locations. Our inability to translate some of these leases in-house is difficult. It would be ideal if Visual Lease could also provide translation services.

Pros

Great product! Support is fantastic, with knowledgable, easy-to-work with reps. Training has been offered with each software version update released.

Cons

For us the only con that I can offer is the need to send leases in for data entry and abstraction in batches of 10-20, but I totally understand this requirement.

Response from Visual Lease

Replied June 2011

Visual Lease now offers lease translation and abstracting services.

JOSH from SPICER PAPER, INC.

Saves Time and Money

Visual lease helps me to stay on top of the key dates in our leases such as expiration dates, rent increases, etc. It also helps save time with our month end accounting. The integration in to our ERP system is great and saves me hours during month end.

Pros

Tracking lease terms, contacts and key dates is most important to me.

Cons

We chose to enter our own lease information in to the system. The bulk upload was nice but entering the data that could not be uploaded took a good deal of time. It was worth it!

May 2014

Edward from Jackson Lewis P.C.

Jackson Lewis recommends Visual Lease to multi-location organizations

Pros

Visual Lease automatically generates our ACH feed for monthly rent payments of $1.8M over 56 lease locations. Visual Lease generates reports in a matter of minutes, when I previously devoted a day to complete the same task. The cloud-based software is easy to access on the road.

Cons

We look forward to the day when Visual Lease adds the ability to see 20-30 thumbnail images for each lease location.

June 2014

Marsha from John L. Scott Real Estate

June 2014

Visual Lease is an intuitive product

Pros

The product is very intuitive and easy to use. The vendor is attentive and works to make every member of our team feel included and like their own special needs are met.

Charlotte from Youth Advocate Programs, Inc

Use & need of Visual Lease

So far there is a lot to learn, but in the end it will do what we are looking for.

Pros

Keeping track of our leases expiration dates and 842 payments

Cons

Setting up all the leases in Visual Lease

April 2011

Thomas from Source Interlink Cos.

Visual Lease Comments

I would heartlly recommend this product to all corporate real estate departments.

Pros

Customer Service is excellent, prompt and efficient. The value given for the cost is very attractive; Visual Lease is very cost efficient

Cons

Whenever I have one, they find a way to solve it.

ANNETTE from American Red Cross

Visual Lease

Pros

The features that are most impracticable is being able to find information on building locations

Cons

Landlord information is not always listed