All Microsoft 365 Reviews

Microsoft 365 User Review

Blair

Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2019

A must have for any office

Overall, this is excellent software that's well worth the annual fee that Microsoft charges. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an Office suite of software, whether a small office or larger organization.

PROS

Office 365 is packed with great software at a great annual price. It's simple to use, but also very powerful. I primarily use Word and PowerPoint for my job and I find it quick, easy and effective. The new feature where PowerPoint makes suggestions to improve your slide is really nice and often spurs ideas in me. Outlook is a powerful email, contact and calendar that you can use across multiple platforms and share with co-workers and family. One more than one occasion it has helped me remember important dates and appointments as well as keeping on track regarding my work responsibilities. I don't use excel, but people I know who do speak highly of it and how flexible and powerful it is.

CONS

There is very little about Office 365 I don't like. Outlook could use an aesthetic overhaul in my opinion, but that's a pretty minor gripe for software as powerful as this.

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

Office 365 is superior in every way and well worth the money.

Claudia

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Easy to use and manage all your working tools

Good experience, using it daily to edit, share and store files

PROS

360 Working tool, easy to use. Great for file and content sharing.

CONS

Lost files and lacking some useful features

lyndsey

Medical Practice, 10,000+ employees

Microsoft Office Review

My overall experience is good, I am still learning new things daily.

PROS

I like using it for mail, calendar and also as a way to keep all of my documents together.

CONS

I sometimes have trouble with it closing randomly

Reviewed March 2020

It feels so old and boring!

Office 365, has a lot of benefits, in the sense that it's easy to use most of it. I understand Microsoft wanting to push their own products, but they are annoying when they try to force you to use Microsoft's cloud, when I personally have everything set to Google. It's so annoying, when having to save as everything, rather than being able to save directly to my Google drive. It just looks desperate and needy, a ploy, a very childish move from Microsoft. If you want people to use Microsoft cloud, make it better, price wise and feature wise. Another reason I don't use the cloud to save files on Office 365, is because Microsoft changes their mind like the weather. I started off the cloud storage with a 12 month free trial, after three months it said there was a policy change and they change the agreement, extremely bad way to start a new cloud platform. When that happened I decided to switch to Google, and ditch Microsoft cloud storage. as far as Office 365 goes, I still use PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Microsoft word, and other software programs daily. For scheduling, however our team has found more efficient, easier layout, for projects, than Outlook. I like Office 365, but my biggest complaint, is that it feels so outdated and boring. Some of the new changes are helpful, but they always feel two or three years behind the modern technology software applications. I wish Microsoft word grade their features, and to make it more fun to use, and advanced it more.

PROS

Microsoft word, unfortunately doesn't really have any competition, everything seems monopolized. So when I say it's good, it's because there's not much to compare it to. It's not that I'm super happy with the product. The overall Office suite, is of course useful and helpful, I just wish it was more advanced and modern.

CONS

Many powerful editing tools, helpful in document creation, but feels like it lacks common sense in so many features! The plugins on the MS Word update were a downgrade! the dictionary and thesaurus used to be instant, extremely fast and well built into the system, now with the stupid silly apps, it's slow, doesn't work half the time, and gives you hardly any context or words, the thesaurus works like the old one to a degree, but why ruin such a good thing? Only Microsoft would do that. I understand having the option as an add-on, but it should not have replaced the built-in features, with the downloaded dictionary, now it feels tacky and many of the words are too simple to use in print.

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

Because it's the only choice. If a true competitor comes, I will gladly switch, if it feels more modern and intuitive. Most of Office 365 feels like it's stuck in the 1990s, with a little facelift. For all the intelligent people working at Microsoft, can't they design something better than this? I use apps with better intuition, I hope they improve, or have a competitor that forces them to become innovative.

Tucker

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Suite of full service solutions

Good experience, ability to use multiple products to service many needs

PROS

Vast suite of products that can be used to supplement my business

CONS

Inbox management can be better, search can be much more efficient and easier to navigate

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

Part of my suite of products available to me

Waldo

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

Easy Sharing & Collaboration

PROS

What stands out to me is the flexibility of the software to be used by staff at any technical level. The multi features that are available make the use of the software super-easy and functional. Friendly user-interface that is intuitive.

CONS

Nothing to add here at the moment; while the user interface is intuitive it may be overwhelming to some beginners, but this is not a fault of the software but rather the user.

Michelle

Computer & Network Security, 1 employee

Overview of Microsoft Office the Pros and Cons

My overall experience with Microsoft has been positive. I have used this suite for years. I have no intention of changing to anything else. I would recommend this package to others.

PROS

I like that Microsoft 365 allows me the freedom to work from various devices. I believe this is the most powerful suite. I like the Outlook email as it simplifies access to multiple email addresses. Word and PowerPoint are my favorite. I use them easily and I was never trained for use either of them. I do believe the cost of Microsoft Office is reasonable for everything in the suite. I also like that there are intense security features. I love the cloud based storage and overall flexibility of Microsoft 365.

CONS

If Microsoft 365 and Google tools streamlined their processes to allow for smooth integration it would be even more valuable to me. I will be finishing my Doctorate next year. As such I have played with Teams because I will have team assignments. I do not find it to be user friendly. Although I like the flexibility of Outlook, it does not have the best notification process. The inability to install each application on it own is a bit inconvenient.

Vigdalia

Legal Services, 2-10 employees

No competition for Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365 has all that I need to be productive and organized. I love that I can save whatever I do in the cloud and use it whenever I need it. I love that I get all that I want from it, such as creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations, you name it! And now I have Copilot, so my mind is blowing up.

PROS

Oh My Dog! I've been using Microsoft for a long time, and this is one of the best inventions ever. I changed to Microsoft 365 from the very beginning when it was launched, and I wouldn't change it at all.

CONS

Microsoft 365 is one of my favorite things to work with, and so far I have found no difficulties managing it.

Reviewed April 2024

The standard for pretty much everything

PROS

It's the most well-known system out there, nearly everyone has grown up on it. One can't be doing anything digital without using a Microsoft system daily.

CONS

It's still got its old clunky ways, making you click all the time for simple actions, not always the fastest, best-designed, or most fun to use.

Quishea

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Awesome service! One of my favorites!

Overall, I love Microsoft 365. I am loving the updated systems and the how more features are integrated into the applications like Word and Excel.

PROS

It’s easy to use and there are many resources available in 365. I use majority of those resources like Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Emails, and more. They are all great!

CONS

Sometimes the email system can be confusing to navigate since it have the navigation tools that are similar to word and PowerPoint.

Elena

Construction, 11-50 employees

Good software

Excellent, great product and great tools.

PROS

Easy to organize, manage documents and emails. Good for excel and word documents. Power point is must for anyone who builds slide shows. User friendly.

CONS

A little expensive, and sometimes outlook is difficult or crashes.

BELINDA

Research, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Microsoft 365, the best, safe and convenient way to create and store documents and and files

I've been using Microsoft 365 on a daily basis for some time, and it's been a great help.

PROS

This software makes it easier to create, store and transfer files. It also supports working offline. With this software, one is able to access files from anywhere and on any device.

CONS

Microsoft 365 is a great software but recently, it can take too long to open, which can sometimes cause delay in projects...

Shana

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

A daily luxury 365 days a year!

PROS

I enjoy all of the apps this program has. They help me stay organized and simplifies my life. Microsoft 365 is a must have if you are a busy person.

CONS

There is nothing I can think of. It has everything necessary for managing daily tasks.

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

A usefull productivity suite

PROS

The array of critical software works as you expect it to. Microsoft Teams can be quite useful and should not be ignored.

CONS

I prefer the functionality of Google Mail over Outlook.

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Probably The Best Software For Enterprise Email

It has been a great product and let all of us in IT sleep a little easier at night. The uptime and bulk management work has been offloaded to Microsoft, and this makes it easier to deal with.

PROS

I love that it's easy to use and takes the burden of managing an Exchange server or other mail server off our plate. It's easy to manage, assign licenses, and in some ways easier to navigate administrative tasks. In addition, you get a bunch of extra features that you wouldn't have if you ran Exchange on-prem.

CONS

The two things I least like about the software is support and documentation. Support is either really good or really bad. For big items (e.g. email is down), they shine or keep in constant communication about the issue. For little issues that only affect you or "nuanced" support issues you might have, the support is less than great. What makes things more difficult is the documentation and UI are constantly changing. You might find a KB or article that's only a few months old to find out that the "fix" in the article no longer works.

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

We are already a Microsoft shop using Active Directory and MS Office.

Karthikeyan

Airlines/Aviation, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Office 365 allows users to access email and documents anywhere

I can say this is the best tool as per my overall Experience because it has plenty of features to utilize office 365 so better to suit for all users who using emails and document and archives the emails.

PROS

Office 365 is the best tool or email account to allow users to access the emails and documents anywhere. The other tools are limited features but office 365 is unlimited features and upgraded at all the times based on various situations. The storage data is more memory space and less vulnerable and will avoid security threats by comparing other tools. It has seamless collaboration of maintaining productivity. I urge my company to migrate to office 365 and now we are all using office 365 .

CONS

If I see any internet issues then there is no offline email access so it has to fix this scenario. Also, we can see few comptability issues but Microsoft is fixing it now.

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

We can say that office 365 has plenty of features to secure the account than G suite and it had low price then G suite so we considered to move to office 365.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

I felt office 365 has better innovation than G suite so we migrated to office 365

1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

I preferred the old school version of Office (and by Office I mean Excel)

It would be easy to use in lots of places on different devices, but I only wish to use it on my desktop PC. As a result I feel that functionality has been sacrificed for networking features, which I broadly don't use or care for. If there were a downloadable hard drive resident version I would jump at it. So as a power user of Excel I'm disappointed.

PROS

I don't know that there is anything I like about this version compared to the previously installed version on my hard drive. I suppose sharing and being up to date with the latest version but that was never something I had a problem with before.

CONS

It (Excel) struggles to handle complicated formatting, for example, and I had to ditch some files with complex visual presentation, and in my view their are now over-simplified, and that's so they don't hang or crash. This is the sort of thing the hard drive resident application never struggled with. Conditional formatting layered up is the sort of thing that causes problems. So I'd say I'm not using all the features because it's not possible if you want a stable file. (I have a high spec set up and high speed ISP so I don't expect performance problems)

Reason for choosing Microsoft 365

Familiarity as an existing user, plus the free storage space on One Drive. I chose it over Google Sheets (Excel being 99% of my use of Office365) because I want a hard copy on my computer that I'd be able to open if the internet was down, although I'm not sure now that it would actually do that. So it was a lack of choice really, and line of least resistance. Bring back the installed version!

Brent

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Incredible productivity tool for a distributed team

PROS

Office document @mentions allows for very efficient asynchronous collaboration, combined with OneDrive central store, we have "one source of truth". Ability to use web app as well as well synchronized local OneDrive store for full-featured desktop apps is a game changer. Local store saves time & keeps the central filestore integrity by avoiding "create local & upload..."

CONS

OneDrive for Mac is lacking & has produced a lot of frustration among the team - they end up not using. NEEDS to be as robust as Windows. Microsoft Bookings needs to evolve to be a proper personal & team calendar management tool (like calend.ly) - right now it is very narrowly focused on providing bookings for places like hair salons (weird given Office 365 prime clientele!) - huge missed opportunity. Teams could use some simpler navigation ala Slack. Ctrl-keys to cycle through unread messages. Sort teams alphabetically. Also, default teams to internal and have permissions to external to be specific channels (all specific team members have access to "general")

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

Greater integration across the entire Microsoft suite of products

Kelly