All CloudTalk Reviews

Why I use Cloud Talk

Béla

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Great tool with lots of features

We needed a tool that is capable to handle both inbound and outbound calls and SMS messaging including traffic to China from a Chinese virtual number. We have tried several solutions but CloudTalk was the only one that fulfils all our requirements for a very affordable price. It is one of the best and easiest tools I've ever used.

PROS

This tool has a lot of features and it is very easy to use without having to have any specific knowledge. The setup was relatively quick and very user friendly. Call quality is great, we have tested with international calls to several countries including China, where most providers usually fail to provide a good service. CloudTalk has prebuilt integrations with most CRM systems including Zendesk and the price is very affordable compering to some other competitors.

CONS

So far it's bee working great. The only negative I can mention is that we have been unable to install the CloudTalk client app from the Zendesk Marketplace. However, their phone and desktop clients are working great.

Frederico

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Great product and fantastic support!

I can say 10/10. They have all that we need, and, in addition, they offered me great opportunities. a recent one was an article in their customer experience section.

PROS

The integration process was enjoyable, as we had a dedicated Sales manager taking care of our implementation. As we are already integrated, my favorite features are the interactive voice replies, missed calls, and the statistics we can use to improve our decisions.

CONS

The cloudtalk team is improving along the way. We have experienced some temporary bugs.

Reason for choosing CloudTalk

Cloudtalk team was more responsive and quickly introduced us to all the features we were looking for.

Reasons for switching to CloudTalk

The hardness to communicate with Twillio and to obtain support for our desirable functions.

Adam

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Looks good from a distance, but they're a mess internally

PROS

The idea of the software being able to tie remote-access cell phones together is wonderful, but not fully fleshed out. Their IVR interface seems great on the webpage, but it often glitches, and calls just get dumped to a voicemail void with no message.

CONS

CloudTalk is a young system that promises more than it can deliver. They offer apps for all sorts of connection points, and integrated systems for automation... but once you get signed up, you learn that most of it is beta software and it's SUPER glitchy. The marketing team is propping up a half-built software system. The iPhone and Desktop apps do not work reliably (if-at-all). The Phone app cannot transfer calls or take SMS messages properly. It often just quits in the background on your phone so you don't even know that your phone cannot receive calls. The system also drops entire call processes and never lets you know that someone tried to call. I've tried calling our own office phone and not been able to get through to my own desk through cloudtalk. Their support chat service says "average response time is 5 minutes" but it usually is 2-4 hours, or a couple days. No explanation why. They REFUSE to get on the phone to solve issues unless you pay 2x as much for an Expert account, which is just a sign that they do not care about anyone but their premium customers. They will NOT go out of their way to help you. I had a lot of faith in this company when we first saw a demo of CloudTalk, and thought that it would be perfect for us, but they just put too many roadblocks in the way for us to continue using their service. I don't feel like a valued customer, and I don't see any improvement in a year.

Reasons for switching to CloudTalk

Their sales team made it seem like it would be easy to move over, but it has been fraught with problems and their support team is almost inaccessible and will not help.

Iliana

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Cloudtalk is the many tools in one

It's a really great app especially because you can do more things than just call a contact. Top point the dashboard they provide is perfect and it gives you the control you need in order to analyze better your calls and get better results.

PROS

The features me and my team like the most are the possibility to send SMS and get replies, from your contacts, the possibility to use tags in order to categorize your calls, and leave notes at any time even when the call is over or maybe you have forgotten to write something and you can go back to the call history. I like it because it gives you the idea of a real phone so you can do more things with one app. Plus, the statistics dashboard is excellent.

CONS

The thing I liked the least at the beginning was some technical problems we faced with the integration with our CRM.

Reason for choosing CloudTalk

Because the moment I talked with the sales manager I understood immediately that they are flexible on adapting to the needs of the customer, present everything they can provide and helo with whatever the customer needs and that is something great because there are tools (similar and not) that you need a lot of time before you have an answer from the support team.

Reasons for switching to CloudTalk

Because we had limited feautres with the old program and we didn't have the maximum control of the inbound or outbound calls.

Santhosh

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Light weight telephony with easy integration

Easy to start off and get it to the team. Easy for users to understand and use it. Overall my team was able to outbound and inbound calls on their programs.

PROS

Quick to start. You have a telephony system set up in less than an hour. Add new users on the fly.

CONS

Integrations with home grown CRM's can get better.

Reason for choosing CloudTalk

Free trial, ease of integration with softwares

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Great Product, Better Customer Service

Great so far. Minor hiccups, but the team has been great about addressing them honsetly.

PROS

The customer support team. They are extremely responsive and very friendly.

CONS

No ability to put the extension in before making the call, it is also not possible for a supervisor to listen live without the user knowing.

Reasons for switching to CloudTalk

Lack of customer support. Frequent dropped calls.

Philipp

Logistics and Supply Chain, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Simple cloud phone system with a reasonable pricing

Using CloudTalk as a could-based phone system for our sales and customer support.

PROS

1. Providing local phone numbers in our country (not many competitors do that) for a reasonable initial payment and monthly fee. 2. Overall reasonable pricing. 3. All features we require were available in the basic plan.

CONS

1. Mobile app functionality is a bit outdated 2. Interface could be more intuitive 3. Outbound calls are expensive in our region (though this is typical for all products on the market)

Reason for choosing CloudTalk

Availability of local numbers + competitive pricing.

Fabrizio

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

PBX solution really simple to implement

During the initial phase, an operator follows you giving support. So you can start almost immediately. So far everything works well.

PROS

PBX solution really simple to implement and extremely powerful and flexible. It is also possible to port your own telephone number

CONS

Sometimes there are delays, but causes can be various from our web speed connection to the caller.

Reason for choosing CloudTalk

It was possible to port our number and more value for the money.

Reviewed October 2020

Great software

Good experience, easy to use and setup.

PROS

Pretty cheap, easy setup and a good free tier. The other products are really lacking that.

CONS

They need an app for phone too that is good.

Reason for choosing CloudTalk

They were more expensive and harder to set up and especially freshcaller were so annoying in their onboarding and lied a lot.

Anthony

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Huge call lag causing customer to ring multiple times just to speak with support

Poor. We signed up for a monthly plan only to see that we had been billed for a full 12 months.

PROS

Its would be cost-effective it it worked properly

CONS

Call connection lag time was unacceptable. Dropped calls created an extra administrative burden for us to call back for our customers to try and call us back. We spent more time playing phone tag and asking "why cant we hear the caller" than we did resolving the customer call. Not good enough. We signed up for a monthly plan only to find on our first bill we had paid for both call credits of $30 USD and 12 months of plan costs. Not what we were expecting given we had signed up for a monthly plan. When we reached out to customer support we were quickly referred to the TOS and told "no refunds for unused terms". This is ridiculous in today's day and age. Technology companies are using their reach into a worldwide customer base to enable their growth then applying less than stellar customer support. Go to a shop (in person) and hand them some money for a good or service. If they don't deliver what you have paid for then proceed to tell you "bad luck, you handed your money over" and "no refunds" you would punch that person in the face and never use them again. Or you would take punitive remedial action against them. If you don't treat people the same as you would in person then you should not be in business. I don't care who you are or what you think you are, treat people like people (and how you expect to be treated yourself) and you will be respected. Treat people like idiots, numbers, and hide behind bullshit then expect the mirror to shine back on you.

Reason for choosing CloudTalk

Looked like a cost-effective solution

Plan ended

Ciaran

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Promised loads - sadly failed to deliver in many ways

Cloudtalk started ok for us - sadly the system was not the easiest to use for some team members and the app was pretty rough to use on mobiles devices - which was a bit of a pain. The sync feature into CRM's was nice - but call quality did drop and suffer from time to time - which was a real pain for us. We tried a few different things with the company - but in the end left. The worst thing is their cancellation terms - zero refund - no matter what! I would not touch them - quality issues, really bad app experience and then brutal support/refund policy. Run!!! There are loads more options out there. Run run run. Sad to have to write this - but very disappointed in the company today.

PROS

The call recording & integration into our CRM was a really nice feature for us

CONS

We always missed calls - the apps were awful - which was a killer for us. Finally when we left the awful refund policy - zero refund. I got billed for 1 year the day I left - within hours! Refused to refund the payment - morally and ethically incredibly wrong - awful for all of these reasons. Really disappointed.

Reason for choosing CloudTalk

Good sales pitch....disappointing delivery.

Reasons for switching to CloudTalk

Needed a better service that linked into our CRM, recorded and scaled.

Alan

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Great product, highly recommended.

With our CRM being the "hub" of everything, having a product that allowed for very quick, simple and "IT free" integration has been fantastic. Couldtalk itself is great - intuitive user interface, easy to use, great call quality - try it yourself, you will not regret it!

PROS

Ease of use, quick and simple integration and great call quality.

CONS

Conference calls sometimes do not seem to work properly - the additional party cannot be added to the call. There have been some issues with the mobile app, however there has been a recent update to the app so these issues will hopefully be a thing of the past.

Reasons for switching to CloudTalk

Cost, ease of use, CRM integration.

Reviewed June 2019

Great business phone system, awesome quality!

Our whole phone communications runs using CloudTalk. We have sales and support team using it. Love their customer support team.

PROS

CloudTalk is very easy to setup with smooth integrations, which really helps with productivity. We use Pipedrive integration for sales and Help Scout integration for support team. After couple of weeks we have really benefited from using it - saved us a lot of time, which we invest into better customer support and helps us focus on growing our business.

CONS

None, so far it's been very smooth ride without any hassles.

Dear client, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this review. We understand that the time is money for our customers. To save their time, CloudTalk focuses on the providing many advanced features and integrations for customers and we are really happy that you appreciate it. Thanks! Kris from CloudTalk

Replied June 2019

Vismantas

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Great call centre software for sales activities

We use it for outbound and inbound sales. Our organization is data-driven, all calls are tracked and recorded, hence we have all data we need to track our sales activities. Cloudtalk is integrated with Salesforce which is also very convenient. Furthermore, we have different phone numbers for different regions that we are targeting.

PROS

Software is extemely convenient and very easy to use. I have it integrated with Salesforce, as an app on my computer and as an app on my phone. Thus, calling is super easy with this software.

CONS

Currently, I did not face any problems with this software. We looked for other alternatives and it was the one that fit our needs. We'll see how it goes when our team will grow.

Reason for choosing CloudTalk

Price and functionality matched our needs.

Debora

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Run Away

Terrible.

PROS

The system works properly in most cases, but there are a lot of connection issues

CONS

I have been without a customer support number in my company for 4 days, and I have had close to zero assitance to solve my issue. They are not commited to problem solving, and give standard responses that in the end, does not get the issue resolved. I do not recommend this product

Bianca

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2021

OVERPRICED, misleading pricing, harassment and bad customer service

Misleading price guides, everything is US dollars but they don't clearly state that. Even top up credit is in US dollars. I thought I was topping up with $20 AUD, when I checked my account and converted the money manually I realised I was paying closer to $30 each time I topped up. The trial credit lasted longer than any of my top ups. There's no clear itemised call charge list, when I asked for one they never got back to me. I've tried repeatedly to get this information but to no avail. They also harass for business information and personal photo identification to prove business legitimacy. Despite providing several forms of business identification, they have emailed me multiple times a day for more.

PROS

the demo, after that everything was overcharged, fees were misleading and harassment for more identification got out of control

CONS

no itemized call list to show charges per call. Credit runs out much more quickly when you pay for a plan that it does in the trial version. It would almost be cheaper to use a landline or good mobile phone call plan

Reason for choosing CloudTalk

because I was already using them, my enquiries with other products lapsed

ease of sign up