• Pros

• "Easy to use, very complete and dynamic. Great tool, platform to take advantage of sales opportunities and business administration."

• "I love the data tracking and the integration with many other software products. I also like the ability to add custom fields and report on those fields."

• "This product was great for connecting myself and other employees through one integrated system to manage and conduct sales activity."

• Cons

• "The software is so specific in its data entry that it is frustrating when small mistakes impact the data."

• "Often, you must adapt your process to the tool, not the tool to your process and that's the hardest part of Salesforce implementation. Also, multiple administrators can destroy your organization."

• "Sometimes I wouldn't get the notifications about the sales and it was hard to learn right away."

Browse Salesforce Service Cloud Reviews

Jordan from Doctolib

Awesome Ticketing System

Users are really more productive than previous tool

Pros

With Service Cloud, we have a complete overview on our Customers. From Lead to Case, we can log all customers activities and be proactive for their needs.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Service Cloud

Weak reporting capabilities, weak Salesforce integration

Shalom from El Lazo Juventud Judía

Sales Business brand

Pros

You can manage all your needs according to your company and needs. and mainly it is that all the information is unified together in the same place

Cons

Like all other systems, this is a platform that requires training to really know how to use it and get the most out of it.

This system is more complete and many more details

This system is more complete and many more details

Govindraj from Yapsody

Complex customer support software

We tried our best to customise Salesforce and for a year we used it but we found that the kind of features we needed it required a Salesforce consultant team to build it however with an extra cost with a dependency so we moved to Zendesk because they provided exactly what we needed at a much less cost and without needing a consultant. Mid-size companies should never use Salesforce cloud unless if their requirements are very high which cannot be fulliled by a out of box customizated product like Zendesk.

Pros

Only reports. They have a very good Reports which can be used to build a Dashboard which are very easily customised.

Cons

It is highly complex and it doesn't come with out of box customization. For every single feature implementation u will need a. Consultant. It is only suitable for big call center provided if they maintain a Salesforce engineering team to create and implement all the features as per the Support departments requirements.

We Directly moved to Salesforce from Zendesk as it was a Management decisions

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Service Cloud

It was a Management decisions they wanted to try Salesforce as we were scaling up.

mohsin from HCSS

Salesforce service cloud

Overall, it's a great product and I'd highly encourage it.

Pros

Salesforce is a crm that's really easy to use and adapt to. It's really impactful and has great interaction with quite a few products.

Cons

Some of the features such as logged calls are working intermittently.

Jennifer from A/R Funding

Everything I need on one page

I love that I can manage our sales team's goals vs. actuals all in one place. I can see exactly where each prospect/opportunity is in the sales process, who the contact is and information about the company all on one screen. With the links that let me get more information about each of those areas, it's a seamless process.

Pros

I love that, compared to Salesforce Classic, I can see all of the information about the Prospect or Client that I need all on one page. I don't have to go from one page to another

Cons

It's not like any of the other CRMs that our sales team has used so there was a bit of a training curve for some of them.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Service Cloud

Salesforce is much more sophisticated, yet easier to use. It has a lot more features and allows the sales team to follow their prospects/opportunities from start to finish very easily.

Patrick from CAVU Securities, LLC

Salesforce makes it easy to maintain a large group of sales prospects and integrates with outlook

I really like the ease of use with this CRM and the fact that it integrates with our other softwares. We operate as a sales unit, so it is essential that we are aware of what other members of the team are doing at all times, and where they stand on different leads, territories, etc. It eliminates the need for additional forms of communication, documents, spreadsheets, you name it. This is essential for any sales team out there, regardless of industry.

Pros

We are a sales and distribution company for a number of investment companies that run mutual funds, hedge funds etc. We have a GIANT list of prospects and trying to manage all of that in excel spreadsheets would be a nightmare when you consider that we operate as a team and not on an individual basis. It's easy enough to use and integrates well with outside software, such as outlook and excel. Great product for sales teams**.

Cons

I'm really not a fan of the lack of a genuine support system. If you have any issues, your only option is to email the support team and they have not been very helpful in my experience. Unless you pay for the top tier of salesforce, there's no phone number that you can call. I wish they had a decent tutorial and moreover, there are some no brainer adjustments that could really improve the CRM, such as mass email integration. Perhaps there is a way, but the fact that I have not been able to figure it out or get a decent answer from support speaks to their support system.

Outstanding Customer Service Platform

Excellent tool ,easy to configure and setup with minimal code.

Pros

Salesforce Service cloud comes with all the required out of the box functionality required for customer support, which includes below mentioned features which are required for setting up customer service . 1) Receiving the cases through multiple channels like Web and emails. 2) Auto assigning the cases to respective group based on the type of issue. 3)SLA definitions and escalation rules, 4)Assigning the knowledge articles to cases. 5)Self service portals. 6)Chatbots and Einstein analytics. 7)Configuring knowledge base. 8)reports and dashboards. 9)Easy API integrations. 10)Rich UI.

Cons

Some of the limitations associated with API limits ,Storage limitations. Cost associated with licensing .

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Service Cloud

Out of the box functionality and brand value, customer reviews.

Does what we need it to

Overall this feature is great and allows us to easily report on and keep track of cases rather than using a typical help desk email feature. Having everything in Salesforce is extremely beneficial.

Pros

Overall, I like that with Salesforce Service Cloud we can easily set up queues and routing especially if someone is out of the office for a few days it is easy to manage who should own the case in their absense.

Cons

There are some limitations when it comes to setting alerts or escalations especially with business hours requirements- you can use business hours in escalations/milestone but its very minimal and you cannot choose additional criteria to filter on. It's also necessary if you use service cloud frequently to purchase add ons like Email to Case Premium to make service cloud more user friendly and customizable

James from OpenTempo

Salesforce is a great CRM

Pros

I use Salesforce on a daily basis in my Business Development/Sales Ops role. Salesforce integrates with our softphone (RingCentral), which makes logging calls much easier. I have also set up different workflows in the system to make daily tasks more efficient. There are endless apps and integrations you can use with Salesforce.

Cons

I don't have many negative things to say about Salesforce. I think it is pretty user friendly. There could be some better documentation on how to do specific things in the system. Also, Salesforce is only as good as the data you enter into it. This is not a flaw of Salesforce, but rather any data management system. I highly recommend making a constitution and training your team to abide by rules of entry and management.

Complete solution for after-sales service management

It is ideal for stable, time-tested customer-facing workflows that can benefit the most from automation.

Pros

Salesforce is a powerful swiss army knife, with plenty of features and capabilities to cover a multitude of use cases. We use it to track interactions with customers reaching out to our After Sales Service division, and it works very well from the small scale to the macro-organization level.

Cons

Despite the interface being intuitive for end users, there is a pretty steep learning curve in setting the system up to fit our needs and processes, which we achieved through a third-party system integrator. For the same reason, changing a configuration or adjusting to a new process takes time and effort.

Anoosha from Taashee Linux services

One of most popular help desk solutions is Desk.com

Pros

If you are thinking about choosing Desk.com as a help desk software solution for your company then this article is for you. Our B2B experts prepared a thorough review of Desk.com pros and cons and analyzed what it has to offer to help you make an informed decision before you spend your money. Email to Ticket Conversion Knowledge Base Self Service Portal Multiple Service Level Agreement policies Automations – Ticket routing, scenario automations Multi-channel support, including Facebook & Twitter Community Portal with Idea Management & Voting Multi-product/multi-brand Support Integrations: Freshbooks, Google Apps, Harvest, CapsuleCRM Multi-language & multi-time zone support Satisfaction Surveys Leaderboard & gamification Support Channels Both services use various channels for customer interaction and support such as email, Facebook, Twitter, and community forums. The messages from all these services are gathered in a combined queue of support work. Freshdesk is better than Desk.com in this area as it offers ticket support in addition to phone support, while Desk.com offers only phone support. Canned Responses Both Freshdesk and Desk.com provide a way to use a library of snippets that can be re-used. If you need to describe certain features regularly to users, you can use canned responses to speed up writing the responses. This can help your agents save time and focus more on query resolution. Third-Party Integrations Both Desk.com and Freshdesk offer a range of integrations with other services like CRMs, bug tracking, e-commerce and more. Top integrations for Desk.com include Salesforce, MailChimp, CampFire, and TalkDesk. Top integrations for Freshdesk include SugarCRM, Capsule, Harvest, and JIRA. Both apps also offer REST APIs to integrate your own apps. Devices Supported Both Freshdesk and Desk.com support a range of devices including Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone/iPad, and Blackberry. Customizations Available Freshdesk beats Desk.com in this category as it offers a wider range of customizations including templates, fonts, button images, fields, and backgrounds. In comparison, Desk.com offers customization of fields only.

Cons

Desk.com’s new analytics dashboard lacks some basic functionalities and is not an upgrade compared to the older version. The company can also improve its customer support, and the Salesforce integation also needs some fine tuning. Freshdesk customers say the product is mostly good, but it can improve by extending multi-language support to the Solutions pages.

Salesforce is one of the best CRM out there!

Salesforce is the best platform out there to help you resolve your business problems! It is the best CRM that you can access anywhere; anytime!

Pros

Salesforce helped us resolve one of the major problems in our firm. At first, we were using Excel as our Candidate and Client database, and most of the time we get troubles because of this. There are times that we reach out a candidate who then turns out to be our client. There are times as well that we reach out to a candidate more than 5 times a day, and because of that we get a lot of "do-not-contact" requests. With Salesforce, it helped us to create tailor-fit solution to our business problem. We were able to import all of our candidates and clients to Salesforce by just uploading our excel databases in the system. We were able to put do not contact provisioning to our clients, to candidates that are currently in process, and also those candidates who indicated that they are not actively looking. Now, we were able to make a great relationship with our candidates and clients through Salesforce.

Cons

What I least like about Salesforce is their customer support. Sometimes they are not that very good in resolving tech problems. Well, we seldom get problems so we barely need their help, but I hope Salesforce trains them well.

Salesforce Service Cloud - Ready to go out-of-the-box

We have a service desk that was tracking their work through email and spreadsheets and it wasn't working for us. Salesforce Service Cloud let us move all of that to the cloud with easy case logging and tracking. We were able to integrate with Outlook so that support request emails get logged automatically and assigned to support personnel based on assignment rules we configured. We are responding to work requests and closing cases 47% faster than before and nothing gets lost or overlooked because the dashboards clearly show the status of cases and requests.

Pros

Salesforce Service Cloud has so many features ready to use as soon as you get access. For basic service needs you could easily start using it day one and build out enhancements over time. Basic configuration is simple and quick and everything you need to track work requests and cases is pretty much there.

Cons

Salesforce releases updates three times a year and they are huge. Release notes are getting over 600 pages per release and, at least for my work, we've had to change some of our custom configuration and code so that our system would work after the release came out. It's nice that they are working on enhancements but you definitely have to plan in time to thoroughly regression test everything when a release hits your lower level sandboxes.

New Business Owner Tool!

I learned through this experience with Salesforce how to convert potential customers into regular customers. I always wondered how some small businesses stay afloat during economic times. They know how to connect with customers and they built a rapport with them overtime that they became a staple in the community. I used that knowledge and applied it to the platform and was blown away by the results.

Pros

I could run my employers business from anywhere. This is what sold me on the job in the first place, and this software is what made it possible. It's a one-stop shop of everything you need to know about your business. I can view potential customers, how to win over current customers, get insights into how I can approve the customer experience, and so much more. I really thought this software was going to be hard to figure out or stop me from getting the job, but this software made it possible for someone to land a job and keep it. So, I applaud Salesforce for creating an amazing product and service for businesses.

Cons

The only con I have about my experience with this software is the pricing, or at least what my boss have a problem with. My bosses infrastructure requires a lot of different products to make her business run more smoothly. I think it will help if there was a bundle deal for all the services she needs. I'm not exactly sure how she went about it, but I do know she wished she asked more questions as far as pricing and getting a better deal.

Romy from PSG Global Solutions

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

SalesForce is the best web-based platform to do Sales, BD and Recruiting!

SalesForce is a great tool that will help small to big companies in driving revenue, and helping each company drive results and performance to each client in their business development, recruiting and lead generation efforts in just a short span of time.

Pros

We've been using SalesForce for roughly 3 years now, and it helped us drive great ROIs due to its easy usage in terms of data entry, categorizing each client or candidate, and also the functionality it provides such as mass emails that we can add HTML codes to make it look personalized or targeted, and also the option that let us see if a client or candidate already opened the email we sent. Our Academy, BD, and Recruiting department drove great revenue because of this, and SalesForce did a great job in helping us drive sales, and place candidates to our clients in a short span of time.

Cons

What I least like about SalesForce is its downtimes. The only drawback I experience from SalesForce is the time to time down time it causes, but that was just minimal and not often so no harm really made.

Ideal CRM for efficient operations

Email integration, access to leads and customer information, sales functions, data on clients, ability to review sales data, generation of leads, customization, organization

Pros

Perhaps my favorite aspect of Salesforce is the ability to use email within the software. This integration is key for interaction with both my servicemen and clients. I also really enjoy how many features Salesforce offers. The software is competitively priced and is packed with feautures that I'm still continuing to use. Salesforce is also great in that I use it as a cloud-based software. This helps eliminate the need for extra storage on my system. Overall, Salesforce has a nice layout as well.

Cons

Although Salesforce is an incredible piece of software and many features, it can seem as though there are too many features at times. Personally, it is difficult to continue to learn these new features and make sure I'm up-to-date with everything. I know there is definitely more functionality within Salesforce than what I'm currently using, but it can be quite daunting to try and learn the full abilities of the system. I wish that there was a some better training provided for using the software, as I've seen with some other software I've used.

Eman from The Results Companies

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

SalesForce is the best company database or CRM that lives on browsers!

If you are planning to create a database of candidates or any system or tool that you need to use in your office, try SalesForce and you will never go wrong!

Pros

SalesForce is the best company tool that I have used so far, because you don't need to install it anymore. All you need to do is to put the url of SalesForce, and log in your credentials then presto you are now ready to work. With this, it helps you save time especially when you need to transfer computer stations or you are using your home laptop in working from home. SalesForce is also the best applicant tracking system so far that we have used in our company because it is easy to use, and no need for long trainings to teach you on how to use SalesForce platform because it is very self-explanatory and easy!

Cons

What I least like about SalesForce is their incompetent customer service or technical support. They can't resolve downtimes, system errors, and queries via email or phone call in a snap. It takes more than 24 hours to create a resolution for a complicated problem.

Nadia from Doors R Us

Industry: Building Materials

VERY user friendly!! Awesome Program for Customer Management!

It's an EXCELLENT software to manage your customer data base. Take the time to figure it out, take it for a trial, ask questions. Im sort of a nerd, but it gave me the tingles when I first learned how to use it ... theres a way for you to organize your entire business & track the status of the job from contact to completion. It will benefit soooooo many people if you're growing your business or looking to become more organized. I LOVE IT!!

Pros

I fell in LOVE with SalesForce when I began using it in 2013. I worked for a home remodeling company and we used it to track our prospected customers. Had a small hand in getting it set-up, was a lot easier to use after you understand how it works. Very organized, detailed information, quick & to the point.

Cons

The set-up process. Having to manually enter customer info in the very beginning. I do remember one our tech guys finishing the set up though ... great guys! Also recently had issues connecting with apps, have a screen shot below that I emailed to the tech guys. The app was Adobe I believe, and one other. Probably just a user error! : )

March 2016

March 2016

Salesforce Service Cloud as Help Desk

Salesforce Service Cloud across a wide range of social media sites. The data is then presented in an easy to digest form showing how many people had positive and negative experience with Salesforce Service Cloud. With that information at hand you should be equipped to make an informed buying decision that you won’t regret.

Pros

Salesforce Service Cloud clearly changes the way you address customer issues and provide resolutions. Listed are just some of the good things that make Salesforce Service Cloud a good choice: Offers users with a single platform which they could use to deliver immediate and reliable customer service. Allows companies to engage their customers and deal with their issues on a multitude of platforms (knowledgebase, service centers, social media, etc.) Mobile connectivity lets users access Salesforce Service cloud from almost anywhere at anytime of the day. Personalized service gives your customers a topnotch experience that is not offered by other customer service platforms and solutions. Predictive support helps the system resolve issues even before they happen. Agent collaboration allows customer service staff to collaborate and discuss problems and escalate matters to the experts to close cases faster. Service Cloud Communities redefine

Cons

The Service Cloud, like other Salesforce.com solutions, can be relatively expensive compared to other Software-as-a-Service CRM products available on the market. Salesforce.com does not offer a Service Level Agreement unless the customer requests one, and SLAs often fall behind the guarantees of other CRM providers. If businesses are seeking a broader solution that covers other back office processes, such as accounting, Salesforce.com products like the Service Cloud lack such features.

Charles from Damka Properties Consultants

Innovative tool to grow your business

I love working with Salesforce. I bet my team and business partners like it too. Its revolutionary and I would recommend it.

Pros

Unlike other similar platforms, Salesforce makes customization easy and painless. With Salesforce, I can bring my business wherever I go because it’s could-based. Our employees and business partners can also access it from anywhere around the world and contribute to the business’s overall productivity. Also, it doesn’t matter which browser you and your team use, the CRM will run smoothly. The software also makes it for users to use chatter and other social media functions, which make it easy for businesses to take advantage of social networking. The platform also has features that help us keep tabs on our purchase funnel. The platform also gives us a clear multidimensional picture of our progress.

Cons

This platform can be overwhelming for Small businesses that have dedicated marketing or sales team. It’s also very difficult to get in touch with customer care. I guess they are only available during the working hrs and you might be stuck for a while if you encounter a major problem using this tool.

Kirsten from Deluxe Corporation

A Great Software For Team Collaborations

Overall, I think Salesforce is great! It’s an amazing multi-purpose tool!

Pros

It’s super easy to use and understand. Yo i love the Chatter feature because you can reach out to and keep anyone in the loop with any issues or important matters. It’s always great that your Chatter messages are always available to look back on which is helpful for keeping track of everything. I also love that you can create tasks and reminders for yourself. It’s a great multi purpose tool.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of anything I have had any issues with so far. If I had to pick something, and it could possibly have just been a glitch I’m not sure, is that originally your feed would only show you relevant posts for account you follow. Now it seems to show you everything even if you aren’t involved, chattered, or following an account.

Sal from Capco

Best CRM tool available right now

The overall user experience depends greatly on how the system is set up from the beginning by architects and developers. For example, if there is a company merge, which Salesforce paradigm will the company use if both designs were efficient for the users?

Pros

The Salesforce Sales Cloud product provides clear visibility to the status of sales revenue. I really enjoy the Chatter feature so I don't have to necessarily have to explain to another colleague where to find the account or opportunity. They also provide a Sandbox called Trailhead that allows anyone to learn how to best utilize the product for their business purposes.

Cons

It is not a BI tool Software. When you look at the reporting features available, it does not have the ability to manipulate data like MicroStrategy, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, and Qlik products.

Salesforce Review

Massively helped our sales team with accurate forecasting and reporting. The quoting engine is amazing, and you can easily build api's to connect salesforce to your other systems.

Pros

-Very easily customizable even for people who don't know to code. However if you are able to code using apex (Salesforce's OOP), then you can virtually do anything. -The whole user interface was revamped by the new lightining version, very easy to use and excellent reporting and dashboard. -The 3 releases in the year have massive improvements each time -Massive online community, any question or issues you have would have already been posted and solved on the internet. Just do a simple google search.

Cons

- Not easy to transition end users who are already on classic version to lightning

Desirae from ClientsFirst Consulting

Salesforce for all

I have worked with Salesforce for a number of years, both from a support side as well as an admin side. It is very nice out of the box and very easy to customize where needed. The automation features were always great. I have watched them evolve into some truly amazing features and become easier to use for the masses. I have recommended several companies purchase the platform, including but not limited to the company I currently work for. Each time they make the investment and see all that it can do for them, not just in sales and marketing areas, but also in HR, Project Management and so on, they are amazed and thrilled with their decision. The app exchange just adds the cherry on top of this magnificent sundae.

Pros

I like the flexibility it offers in customizations and configurations. The appexchange also is a huge plus. You can find just about any addon you may need, and often times can even find a suitable solution for free.

Cons

The two biggest drawbacks I have noticed are the following: The inability to use custom fiscal years in the new forecasting. The inability to keep the side panel open when choosing a new contact in the lightning version of Salesforce for Outlook.

Claire from LivelyHoods

The most sophisticated CRM out there

Pros

Salesforce allows you to do just about anything, and is famed for offering a wealth of data capture, visualization and processing options. As a small organization we create dour Salesforce architecture quite early on, probably before we needed it! It gives us a lot of credibility as an organization and we can magic up reports in no time. Many other apps now provide Salesforce integration which makes it easier when managing many different processes.

Cons

The one disadvantage is that it's certainly not the easiest system to use, and there's no way the average Jo can set themselves up on it alone. We worked with external consultants to set up our whole architecture and are constantly making changes to it.

Leads Organized

Overall Saleforce has been a great addition to our sales team. I like the ability to see closure rates and compare organic leads to purchase vs generated or sourced leads to purchase. Again if it were easier for me to distribute these leads to coworkers without have to email them outside of Salesforce that would make it so much easier. Maybe they have this as a feature and I just haven't been able to set it up yet, or I don't have the "status" to set up this feature.

Pros

Salesforce makes it easy to track leads. The ability to store and edit information about a lead is great, and it's easy to change a lead status from contacted to purchased.

Cons

I wish they had a way to create an admin function that would allow for the admin to send coworkers leads but still be able to track of them to ensure they are being contacted.

The best CRM on the market for a reason

very good, aside from using it for day to day use I am able and proficient at building reports and adding a layer of analytics to my day to day work flow.

Pros

Really more than anything it is the flexibility. I've used Salesforce at different companies and each instance was configured uniquely and had functionality that was needed by the sales organization of that company. There are so many good tools that can be easily plugged into the solution from dialers to direct mail fulfillment services.

Cons

If anything, it can be overwhelming. The individual records can be deluged with unneeded sections and fields. Being used to salesforce, i know where to go and how to use it but if I was new to the solution this can be overwhelming.

Bob from Altair Global

Salesforce for B2B Sales

Pros

Salesforce helps streamline the sales process for B2B sales. The ability to document the communication history with the prospect gives us valuable insight without having to rely on email. Along with that, we can keep track the RFP process, upload old RFPs, or anything relevant to the prospect on one platform. Having all the information on one platform is highly valuable, as it keeps us away from relying on old emails.

Cons

Salesforce as a base platform is a good tool, but to really take advantage of its features, you will need someone else with in-depth knowledge to make it a great tool. Someone will have to add a whole new skill-set or you're going to have to hire someone.

Katherine from G-Form

Short learning curve, good basic service

Overall, it's a great program for managing all of the emails and social media requests from customers (except instagram).

Pros

The user interface is attractive and easy-to-navigate making on-boarding new customer service reps easier. Also (unlimited?) macros make it easier to answer frequent questions/comments in minimal time. They can even be answered in mass. With labels, you can track types of comments and concerns. The program also integrates with LiveChat, however, the execution is cumbersome.

Cons

When there are technical issues, they are large technical issues. In the few months that I have used the program, I have experienced issues with facebook messages from the last 3 years suddenly reappearing in my inbox. This has happened twice. I've also experienced where the program stopped sending or receiving messages. There is a daily (or hourly depending on setup) desk event notification. However, it does not have any useful or actionable information. Also, I've called Customer Support a few times when I could not find an answer to a problem. Each time they asked me to go search for the problem in their help articles. That's not very helpful. I like the reporting function so I can get a view of how busy the group is. However, I wish there was a way to compare the metrics to others. In other words, it gives me a lot of data but it's not easy to turn that into information.

Jun from Genu Insurance Services

Well worth the money!

I started using Salesforce when I first started my insurance business about 3 years ago. While shopping around for CRM's, I came upon it and selected the Manager version, which was the cheapest at the time. This is WAY lower than the other insurance CRM's on the market. So far it's working for my office and I would recommend it to anyone needing a CRM (just Salesforce Manager version)

Pros

Accessibility: both on desktop and mobile app, very reliable User management: easy to add user Tech Support: very friendly and professional (too technical sometimes)

Cons

Set up: features are hard to set up. I had to Tech Support a couple of times for help. Reliabilitly: This is just one example. My producer changed one field for one client and it changed that same field all the clients. Don't know why. Has yet to call tech support to fix it. Task management: monitoring tasks assigned to users requires running a report. If I assign recurring tasks to my user the report will return the recurring tasks in the future which isn't very useful. It'd be great if there's a quick popup where I can see the reminders/incomplete tasks of my user. Tech Support: respond time too long

Irfan from CREATIVE ZONE Dubai

Best CRM option available

As a developer during my last three years I have worked in two different companies and they both were using salesforce and I have learnt a lot and its been great experience.

Pros

As a developer I love how flexible the system is we can customize it to a great level according to our needs. Not so many of bugs in the system it's stable and very mature Our sales team is very happy to manage sales and get insights of data They are changing to new layout which is advance look and feel and looks great

Cons

One can take a bit more time to learn salesforce because the system is too big and its not easy to keep track of things Its expensive but considering the features it provides a I think price is fine

Customized Salesforce user

From a business perspective, I have used Salesforce mainly to create reports on clients and their spend (based on attributed dollars on a contract) and also update different contact pages.

Pros

I think Salesforce allows for considerable customization for its users. At my company, I've used it for operational, commercial and research purposes, which is awesome.

Cons

Salesforce is not intuitively easy to use, at least at my company. Some of the field names can be misleading; I think the reporting feature is also difficult if you don't have training or teaching. Also, I don't find the individual pages (contacts, contracts, memberships) pleasing to the eye. The content isn't laid out nicely in my opinion.

The best cloud CRM available to successfully manage your customers

Salesforce is fast gaining popularity.. I have been using it at my current workplace as well as my previous workplace. Using Salesforce has been a treat. I can track leads, send out marketing material for selected groups as well as track sales- an end to end solution. I recently discovered the Data import wizard and it has made life so much easier. The customer service team is also very responsive. It is a win-win!

Pros

The best feature of Salesforce is its easy setup- its objects and associated processes are intuitive and come with an interactive platform. Lead management is seamless and the ability to automate marketing is a cherry on the top.

Cons

Price might be a tipping point (as always is) but the services offered are worth paying for.

Greg from Envera Systems

Industry: Security and Investigations

Multiple deployments of Service Cloud and all successful

We have gone from a 30 day history of generic cases to a 360 view across all functions for all time on every customer. We now manage our data instead of it managing us.

Pros

This is the easiest case tracking solution I've worked with over the years and on a second deployment at a different business and meeting 110% of our requirements. We are handling more processes in Service Cloud than we originally planned. The interface works. The ability to define our business processes and very easy deployment.

Cons

We have been patient waiting for Service Cloud Lightning to be 100%. Getting very close now. We still need better email integration and more control of email management.

Salesforce - the networking tool

I have used salesforce in three different roles and companies for over a decade. I am a tried and true user and appreciate it's growth over the years.

Pros

It is an easy and efficient way to keep track of contacts, opportunities, and organizations. I love that everything is housed in a top-down approach and it is easily accessible from anywhere. I can be on my mobile or on my computer and have access to all of my files.

Cons

I do not have a complaint about the software. I believe some of the restrictions are limited to the organizations that have their own set up, but all in all the software is intuitive and easy to navigate.

Dan from RingCentral

Manage your leads, opportunities and sales pipeline all in one console - Salesforce!

Keep an eye on your deals, prospects and accounts with Salesforce.

Pros

We use this every day, it houses all our leads, accounts, prospects, deals and account-related history. As a sales organization we not only rely on Salesforce for tracking our numbers we also use it to communicate with other departments for customer issues and concerns. It's the one sole platform where our clients' data lives.

Cons

It has the tendency to be buggy when it is integrated with other apps. We've customized it to create quotes for us and sometimes it would not show the right margin amount on the quote.

Luke from Dority Roofing & Solar

Complex and high learning curve

In the construction business, one contractor can work on several different homes owned by different people. For that basic information, we can track that hierarchy and sales and bids given.

Pros

I can see that the software is very deep in its potential capabilities. Very large companies use it to manage people and data that all needs to relate to itself. My feeling is that with enough modification, it can do whatever you need it to.

Cons

It is extremely complex, too complex, for an average person to sit down and just make work. Even with all the forums and Trailhead, there is so much literature there that much of it doesn't relate to what you are trying to find. The lightning version seems to be cool, but doesn't function quickly like classic. You can't even print a lead. That's right. You can't print a lead. That's why there are separate SFDC implementation teams - because you can't figure it out o n your own.

Pieter from Vituity

Sync our Marketing activities to it. Also push data for Sales team on sales readiness.

I can send sales ready leads to the sales team in a great way. We can also reroute leads who don't qualify. It has the best syncs with Marketo.

Pros

Very robust, you can create many objects that sync to your Marketing automation platform. I've also heard of people using it to manage inventory. Very easy to view campaign members and activities they've done. Also the activities sync over to our marketing automation tool as well as object information like an opportunity.

Cons

Same old UI. Importing leads can be troublesome with creating duplicates. Using an import tool is must.

Jeremiah from DowntownDC Business Improvement District (BID)

An amazing CRM resource

we maintain a large portion of the nations capital and especially the business district, having salesforce allows us to keep track of not only extensive building details but potentinal funding sources

Pros

my favorite thing about this software is its ease of use and the wide range of practical usage regardless of the industry . we use the Non profit version and i dont know how we ever got business done without it

Cons

I think the biggest con to me is building stuff on the back end and mapping. sometimes what im trying to map does not connect well with salesforce and it throws my report off

April from Non-Profit Organization Management

Salesforce requires extensive training but is a very powerful tool.

Pros

The basic features are easy to navigate and conveniently store mass amounts of information. We are a medium sized non-profit using the software to manage our donors, clients and contacts. While the software has capabilities far beyond our needs, it offers us the option of one tool for tracking a variety of aspects of our organization.

Cons

The software is so specific in its data entry that it is frustrating when small mistakes impact the data. Things as simple as making sure all addresses are consistent in spelling out the street type versus abbreviating can skew the reports. In order to use the software effectively, it requires extensive training that isn't easily taught to other coworkers. For an organization of our size, it becomes cumbersome to keep up with training employees on the software while maintaining workplace efficiency.

Easy to use sales rep essential!

Pros

Salesforce makes working in a CRM so easy! I am able to keep an easy to view report of my accounts and see the most updated activity as well as be as detailed as needed within each account. The customization makes the platform incredibly convenient. I have experience with several CRM's but Salesforce has been the easiest to use yet!

Cons

The reporting functionality is AWESOME once you master it. It is be a little tricky but after getting experience with it and knowing what fields you want to pull it makes it easy.

Jesus from Computer & Network Security

Great ticketing system

Benefits are great had video chatting and a small rectangle to show the calls coming in and out. sometimes worked sucked and hope salesforce to crash so i wouldnt have to work lol

Pros

Salesforce was great had very little redundant lags compared to other ticketing systems like sibeial orcale (reason why my previous job upgraded). Creating and closing cases was simple with also messages on errors to correct them. Personally like it since i got very comfortable since its user friendly. Worked great with a online cisco phone and wireless headset.

Cons

Cant say i dislike anything maybe sometimes i would have to clear all cache and cookies then restart the page to get it working again.

Jen from Clearlink

Keep All Your Clients in One Place

Pros

It's super easy to see exactly what is going on with each of your clients, what opportunities you are working on and who has been interacting with which clients. That kind of transparency is super important to keep your team on the same page.

Cons

It can start to fall apart if your team doesn't continually update information about each client. There are a lot of opportunities to make mistakes, that's not all on the software, but if you have a big team working with a lot of the same clients then it can cause problems.

Krishna Kashyap from Smith & Nephew Inc

Industry: Medical Devices

Best cloud CRM tool in the marlet.

Major help is that it helps to streamline workflows with customers and in turn helps us to deliver fast and efficiently.

Pros

Service cloud helps us to automate the service process, streamline workflows and improve the sales rep experience. The best part is that it connects one-to-one with every customer and easily accessible by the mobile devices on the field or anywhere.

Cons

There is a little bit of leanring curve involved in it but other than that this is great to have insights of customer and better deliver.

Rachel from The Standard

Salesforce - Review 2018

Overall Salesforce is easy to use, it helps keep me organized when working on multiple projects, and it lets me generate ad hoc reports so I am able to collect necessary data. Salesforce is a helpful tool in the workplace.

Pros

I am able to view important account information at a glance and run detailed reports in order do track data.

Cons

If someone somewhere in the company does not input data or they input inaccurate data the information will be skewed. There is a possibility for human error that can change the results of important data, so you have to account for that.

The best CRM in the industry

Pros

Salesforce is completely customizable for any organization and very easy to use. Users / Admins / Developers find the software very easy to use/manage/develop and the support team at Salesforce is the best in the industry! If you are using any other CRM for your business I would recommend getting a demo from Salesforce! It will completely change the way you do business

Cons

There is NOTHING that I like least about this software! I've had nothing but positive experiences with this software!

Kathryn from Stage and Screen Travel

When set up correctly it's very helpful

A great tool for active salespeople. Overall I'm happy with Salesforce and would recommend it.

Pros

Keeps everything very organized. I can schedule tasks to complete and will get a notification on my dashboard of what must be completed that day. There are many ways to configure Salesforce to customize it for your workforce.

Cons

It can be slow at times since it's sifting through a ton of data. Also on our platform, some searches don't return all results and some searches return far too many results that are not relevant.

George from Schoox, Inc.

The most complete CRM software

Salesforce can do everything you want to. However, it will probably be difficult to do so without spending a lot of time researching it. I would definitely recommend getting a full onboarding experience or specialist to setup the system you if you can afford it. We did not do so, and while we can achieve everything we currently need, I feel that we are missing on a lot of opportunities to utilize it further, as well as possibly doing some things inefficiently.

Pros

Industry leader in terms of CRM A complete platform with extensive solutions for each need one might have Very extensive reporting capabilities; extremely customizable A lot of integrations with external platforms

Cons

Very steep learning curve (it comes with the fact that it has such a wide range of functionalities ) The lightning experience is vastly better than the Salesforce Classic skin, however, sometimes we get lost in the former and cannot find what we are looking for unless we change to the latter Some of the things that we have looked into doing can only be addressed with writing complex queries and/or hiring experts

Kevin from Salesforce Consultant

Service Cloud is next level service for your team!

Pros

Fantastic extras on top of a great platform. You can enact SLA's for cases based on accounts, set rules for escalations and paths for intervention with case management. Service Cloud also has a fantastic console that allows for easy customization to enhance user experience.

Cons

Service Cloud components are a little tricky to build at first. And a lot of the cool configuration stuff does require a bit of super admin skills. But once you have this up and running it's fantastic.

Cream of the Crop

Pros

Salesforce is the the tool that everyone should use. You name it it can do it. The data that it can produce can take business to new levels, the insights between sales and support systems again help massively when integrated together. No copying, no syncing its just there.

Cons

Getting setup isn't something you do yourself it needs experts to get the most from it so can get costly fast. For inexperienced users it can be tough to get used to how it works and its "quirks".