Five9

Five9 Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Very complete software package, having an integrated dialer, lead management and reporting tool is awesome."
  • icon"It was good to handle the information and the disposition was easy to do with keyboard shortcuts."
  • icon"Their support is second to none, I dealt with their support team many times and I have to say I was very pleased with their willingness to help."
  • icon"I wouldn't be able to log in sometimes for 15 minute increments and that was frustrating have to troubleshoot the problem."
  • icon"There was a 2-3 second delay between patient answering and connecting to the agent. We lost quite a few prospects b/c of this."
  • icon"It's horrible to implement, the support is awful, it also uses mechanics that are impossible to understand with minimal documentation."

Have you used Five9 and would like to share your experience with others?

All Five9 Reviews

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

February 2022

Solid VoIP with some quirks

Angelina

Industry: Restaurants

Very Useful

Five9 works excellent for incoming calls, voicemail, call records, ability to leave notes on calls, set callbacks, and search session history. Caller ID is a plus as well. When incoming calls come in the callers info I'd populated and set location configured with other software to link up with.

Pros

What I like most about five9 is its reliability. I don't have to worry about its software glitching or failing on me. I love how easy it is and it allows you to set call backs.

Cons

I can't think about any con's with using this software. I have zero complaints. I reccomend using this software to anyone.

Response from Five9

Hi Angelina, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others on this peer review site. We are happy to hear you have had such a great experience with us at Five9. Thank you again for your time. Best regards, Cindy

Replied December 2019

Kimber

If you want the best...

The overall experience is great as you can focus on running your business rather than fighting with software. The multiple modes of dialer is extremely helpful too.

Pros

After several trials with other dialer systems and getting out of a contract with another dialer company, Five9 is simply one of the best systems for large organizations. Not only is it user friendly and easy to set up and management, the reporting functions are great and customizable. So easy to add/remove users and update skills. Uploading leads is a synch.

Cons

The ability to view agent chat sessions needs to be improved. It appears there is functionality there but in fact, you must log on as the agent to view. Upon doing so, you must kick the agent out of production.

Reasons for switching to Five9

Nice didn't function properly with issues from lead management, to user functionality.

Response from Five9

Hi Kimber, thank you for taking the time to share your review here on Capterra. We are so happy to hear that you are having a great user experience, thank you for being part of the Five9 family. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of any further service. Best Regards, Cindy Seto Customer Advocacy Manager

Replied October 2019

Cora

Easy to use but Crashes Constantly

Overall there is more reliable call center software out there besides Five9. I would prefer to use software that was more difficult to use and would require more instruction than an easy to use software like Five9 that is less reliable with its glitching, freezing and shutting down.

Pros

The software itself is easy to use after some brief training time. It is very easy to receive inbound calls and there is a easy to recognize sound when a call is coming in and outbound calls are easy to make in the dialer. There are many ways to customize the user experience by adding different 'roles" for employees that are using the software. This way you can customize which employees receive what calls based on their department and what they are trained to handle.

Cons

The software crashes A LOT. As a user I have had the software crash multiple times while I was in a chat, on a phone call with a customer or in the middle of writing an email. I have had the software freeze during a chat and then log me out of the system.

Reasons for switching to Five9

Truly was harder to use for our agents but was more reliable.

Response from Five9

Hi Cora, thank you for sharing your feedback. I've notified your enterprise sales director and he should be reaching out to you shortly to see if he can assist.

Replied February 2020

Kristianna

August 2022

Telesales, auto dialer, live monitoring, the list is endless!

My overall experience with Five9 has been positive. I have used other applications for these same business operations and experienced consistent service interruptions and crashing. But, Five9 has not had those same issues in my experience and allows our operations to run smoothly for telesales agents, customer service, and leadership alike.

Pros

Five9 allows remote agents and call centers alike to track their inbound calls, outbound calls, auto dial out, record those calls for quality and regulatory purposes, live monitoring, live coaching, etc. It truly makes all telesales operations possible AND support operations run smoothly.

Cons

When pulling a call recording in Five9, I do wish there was a way to adjust the speed of the recording and jump to timestamps in a more efficient way.

Farah

Five9 - for me it’s rating at 9

Amazing experience as an agent Supervisor desktop is great for real-time monitoring As an admin it’s straight forward and easy to setup

Pros

Easy to use, easy to setup, features & functionality, cloud solution, supervisor desktop, browser adaptor

Cons

Wallboard feature to share data as a link is required New Integrations with newer brands are required customizations take longer to build

Reasons for choosing Five9

Standards of operations Security Service

Cloud contact center solutions are better in five9

Osman

July 2022

Use Five9 as a solution for your company

Pros

How easy it is to get started and the tools that they offer you to customize the skills, teams that you need, to keep it organized and generate better reports.

Cons

It would be better if Five9 could add some options to keep the historical data for more time or at least select what set of data can be stored longer.

Reasons for choosing Five9

It offered what we needed at the moment, the flexibility on how to setup the users and the price.

Kimberly

Industry: Fund-Raising

I really enjoyed the simplicity of use. I think once the bugs are worked out it will be a fantastic software.

Pros

The concept that you get the calls automatically and it keeps track of every call and time on the calls.

Cons

even if I was receiving calls regularly the page would keep timing out and expiring. I had to keep logging out and unplugging my softphone and plugging it back in before logging back into five9 in order to keep receiving more calls.

Reasons for switching to Five9

I'm an independent contractor and I use what the company I'm contracted to uses. usually they use liveops.

Sigmund

August 2022

Works for Small Businesses

It works well if you don't need to deep-dive on call and ticket data in the future, in which case you would need to shell out additional payment per agent to be able to have your data stored for longer within the ecosystem

Pros

Easy to use as a standalone, web-based inbound and outbound calling tool, good reporting capability and monitoring

Cons

Records are only retained for 60 days and this encompass both reports as well as recording databases. Even downloaded record data is erased remotely!

September 2022

One of the Best CTI solutions for your support center

Pros

Live agent Agent status monitoring and call distribution based on rules.

Cons

Slight delay in call recording and transcript linkage to cases.

Kathy

Pretty pleased overall!

Pros

Reliable software for handling our incoming calls, like the fact that I can define campaigns and see where each call is coming from, like the reporting features for the most part (see one drawback below in "cons"). Connection is pretty good most of the time if using a hard-wired headset. Good customer service, very responsive and good at following up.

Cons

Don't like the fact that since we've installed Skuid we cannot get Five9 to sync records with Salesforce, which has created numerous issues with duplicate records. Was working with you all to get this situated, but the attempted fix created a massive crash in the middle of our business day and I haven't been able to revisit for fear of doing that again. Maybe we can plan to work on it with you after hours... Also don't like the fact that the reporting reports "ready state" whether in "ready voice" or "ready VM" or "ready voice and VM." Would like to have a separate reporting for "ready VM," which is a state we would not like to pay our agents for b/c it does not result in live answers, and "ready voice" or "ready voice + VM," which are states we do want to pay our agents for b/c the calls are answered live when those are the choices (unless all agents busy, of course).

Response from Kristin

Kathy, thanks for writing your review. I have reached out to your account manager who will reach out to you shortly. Please do let us know if you have any questions about Five9 features or reports; we’re here to help.

Replied December 2017

Corbin

4 year customer. Five9 is simple yet robust, meeting most of our needs.

Pros

Robust reporting, simple agent interface, no expensive software or equipment required, very supportive and available customer service. Quickly Scaleable. Great for small, medium, and large call centers.

Cons

Agent script requires HTML to write and is only one page. If call flow can be complicated, this is a problem. Dynamic scripting is a need for us as we grow, so this is becoming a problem. If a feature does not exist, if you put in a feature request. It is highly unlikely that they will develop the future you need though. We have experienced 3-5 service outages over there almost 4 years we have used them. This has lost us money. If they had a good interface for texting, emailing, and chatting with customers, that would be nice as well.

Response from Five9

Hello Corbin, Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We're glad to hear Five9 is working well for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager with any questions or feedback about the features we offer. We're here to help.

Replied August 2017

Take Your Call Center to the Next Level

Five9 was a huge investment into our call center.

Pros

The reporting features impress me daily. There is a wealth of information coming through your call center each day. If you're not capturing it properly or tracking it, you losing revenue and productivity. Five9 helps you grow your business by not just collecting the data, but understanding it. You'll be able to identify time waste and increase the quality of caller experience

Cons

If you're not going to do anything with the data, don't collect it. The reporting features are awesome, so if you're not into that, this may not be right for you. It's also more expensive that other entry-level systems. I wish Five9 would offer phone #s and extensions.

Response from Kristin

Thank you for posting this great review, Michael. We’re excited to hear that our reports are helping you increase your review and productivity. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if we can ever be of service.

Replied May 2018

Five9 is an easy to use web-based call center platform

Much better view of what our call center was doing. Recorded calls are awesome.

Pros

Five 9 is easy to us. You can customize it however you want. Adding additional phone numbers or agents is a snap. The account managers we have been assigned have been great. The people they assign to you durning deployment were extremely knowledgeable.

Cons

Call statistic data only saved for 60 days. Should have a way to save all data locally or keep it on their server for at least 2 years. Makes trending difficult. You can export reports but if you didn't know you need something and then the 60 days have elapsed you are out of luck. There should also be a way to use the administrator functions on the web via a java applet. It would help out being able to make emergency changes on a cell phone.

Response from Five9

David, Thank you for posting your great review. Providing "great customer experiences every time" is our vision, and we're excited to hear that your customer experience has been excellent. We're here to help, so please don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager should you ever need anything.

Replied November 2017

Tracy

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Five9 meets our Call Center needs

Custom service is helpful and goes above & beyond to help get my questions answered.

Pros

We have multiple options for selection and Five9 makes it easy to triage the calls & record the incoming calls in a professional and timely fashion. We are able to access a recording minutes after it is recorded. We can also run monthly metric reports.

Cons

Outbound calls are not recorded. System does not integrate with our current intake database (salesforce).

Response from Kristin

Hi Tracy, Thanks for posting your review. We pride ourselves with our excellent 24/7 customer support and are happy to hear our call recording and reporting features are working well for you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your account manager if you ever have questions about any other features or integrations we offer.

Replied September 2017

Lisa M.

It's so easy!

I really enjoy using this software. I have had a lot of great experience with customer service.

Pros

I like that you can customize this software to meet your individual needs. It's very easy to set up a campaign, customize reports and to train the agents on using the software. I work in a correctional industry and I was very surprised at how easy it was to secure the software to meet the Department of Corrections security needs.

Cons

This software price is on the high end of the spectrum.

Response from Five9

Hi Lisa, Thank you very much for your review and sharing how Five9 has made you more successful in your job and in your industry. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can ever be of service.

Replied May 2019

Aleesha

Five9 is the Go-To in Call Center Software

Five9 is awesome, I will forever be a fan of this call center program! Keep up the good work!

Pros

Five9 provides the best ease of use I have seen in call center software. I love the monitoring features and ability to pull reports on all of my representatives. Another pro of Five9 is the reliability, this program almost never crashes!! Even when we are performing with full capacity, it never lets us down.

Cons

As with any program there is always room for improvement. When pulling reports in the program, sometimes the numbers seem to be skewed. I wish it had an explanation on how it computes the metrics.

Response from Kristin

Hi Aleesha, thank you for taking the time post this excellent review. We’re very glad to hear that Five9 is working so well for you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions.

Replied January 2018