What are Gong.io users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Gong.io software through verified user reviews

• icon"Easy to use and helpful for our sales reps. The analytics and tracking are also very helpful to improve quality of our team."
  • icon"It helps me as a team lead to see how my teams calls are going and what to train on. Helps me as a sales person also know how I can increase my efficiency."
  • icon"It was also an amazing tool for me to be trained and getting up to speed quickly."
  • icon"D prefer to not be bothered when I'm not at work and it's annoying to have my phone buzzing with something I don't need at 10pm on a Saturday."
  • icon"Gong blocks out numbers during calls, making it difficult to capture info that had been lost in technical issues."
  • icon"It's been tough onboarding some of my teammates to the software. That's been the biggest, and only, struggle."

Browse all Gong.io Reviews

• Have you used Gong.io and would like to share your experience with others?

Jackie

Company size: 501 - 1,000 employees

Key Platform for Measuring Enablement Success

Kunal

Great tool, even for SMBs

I feel like I'm part of the Gong community already 2 months into our journey. I'm learning a lot from their team and excited to be a customer.

Pros

The Gong.io team creates a great experience, from learning and buying, all the way to onboarding and and helping you be successful in using their product to hit your goals. Even as a small customer, I feel like I got white-glove service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (sales) and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (CS). Already in week 1, we're getting so many insights from our call recordings. As we figure out how to sell better to our six new buyer personas, Gong will be invaluable in figuring out our sales playbook.

Cons

The only con in buying is that we didn't have enough people to meet the minimum seats. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped us work through this and still get enough value to justify the cost.

Reasons for choosing Gong.io

Gong seems to be the winner in their space. With the trajectory they are on and the story they tell, I'm confident Gong will be great long-term partners for us.

Jon

Lots of greatness in this product

Gong has really helped our sales team grow by getting our AEs on the same page and continuing to build them into stronger Sales People.

Pros

Gong offers a great recording system that you can do a whole lot more from. We have weekly reviews and the functionality makes it easy to get through in a quick time. The assessments also let us know how we're doing and from a manager to peer aspect review the calls.

Cons

Some time search functionality seems off and logging in has a slow lag to start. Other than that I can't really complain. Those 2 things are really nit-picking too.

Reasons for switching to Gong.io

We still used zoom but we switched from their recordings to gong because it was not robust at all

AE Manager uses and depends on Gong more than Salesforce

I brought Gong to my company when we were only 10 employees and 2 AEs. Gong has been perhaps the most critical tool in our sales tech as we have scaled from 2 AEs to 30+ AEs, a sales team of 6 to 100+, and as a company, from 10 employees to nearly 400 in 3 years.

Pros

Hard to choose one thing I like the most about Gong, but as an AE Manager, it would be Deals. The ability to filter to my team, to any individual AE, to month, quarter, and year, and instantly seeing every deal in pipeline is game changing. The ability to see what deals have the most two way activity, see deal warnings that you can customize, and even pull other fields on the Salesforce object all while being able to deep dive into a deal and listen to the demo or recent calls allows me to run 1:1s effectively, forecast accurately, and get the context I lack in CRM.

Cons

We use Clari for forecasting internally. If there was to marry Clari and Gong together, and I can forecast to my VP within Gong, that would be great.

Eirik

Gong is great for sales, but not the best for startups

Gong leaves you alone to do your work after you sign up and they don't market too heavily post signup which is fantastic! We currently use Gong to do three things: - Record user interviews from our product team - Record introductory calls with prospective clients (we don't have any follow-up calls since our service is transactional) - Facilitate coaching of our team since our service is coaching based on zoom

Pros

The major thing for our team is unlimited transcription and having a transcription quality that is good enough. Our team benchmarked the software against Google and AWS, and we found out that Gong uses their proprietary transcription software. And it looks like Gong's transcription software has been trained mainly on meeting recordings (zoom) and on telephone calls. We also love the video playback feature in Gong is enjoyable to use. They have features like highlighting works as the speaker talks, seeing each speaker's talk tracks below the player, speed control up to 2.5x for the playback, and a way to minimize the video view to the bottom right of the screen.

Cons

I hate the way gong displays upcoming calls. It's a pain to navigate, and there are no additional details on the upcoming calls. You would think Gong would show the meeting details, especially when you're working with your team and organization, but they don't! Another frustrating thing we found out after signing up was that all our historical recorded calls were not assigned a speaker. Gong does not allow you to assign speakers to calls that you upload to their system. It will automatically assign the speakers as "Phone caller #1" / #2 / #3, etc. All recorded calls before you start using Gong, and any call the Gong recorder does not join (happens a lot) will not be assigned to a team member.

Reasons for choosing Gong.io

We use Gong to do three things: - Record our user interviews from our product team - Record any introductory calls with prospective clients (we don't have any follow-up calls since our service is transactional) - Facilitate coaching of our team since our service is coaching based on zoom

Danial

March 2022

The best option for documenting customer calls with all their details

Gong.io Help document all communication processes, and this documentation has become an inspiring reference for us, as it works to better follow up on customers and understand their problems and requests in depth.

Pros

You need Gong.io if your job involves listening to clients' issues and requests over the telephone, especially if you spend so much time doing this you don't have the capacity for precise note-taking. Listen to the chat again and read the transcript. Gong.io allows you to do all of this in one place. Gong.io's search capabilities make it easy to locate certain areas of discussion. it's wonderful that calls are categorized so that they include information like the customer's name, who spoke to him and what the subject was, and the time and date of their call, as well as the full conversation.

Cons

Recording features are great, but transcription processes can be inaccurate because conversations often contain slang words or from other languages and always need human review, which is sometimes distracting.

Allison

Makes me more efficient in my day to day

Pros

Call record, call grading, etc. Call recording is most helpful for me as I often am unable to take notes in real time, so I listen to my calls afterwards and can take the proper notes, document action items, follow ups, etc.

Cons

I really can't think of anything! I personally use Gong.io most commonly for call recordings

Reasons for switching to Gong.io

No idea, that's not a decision I'm involved in

Easy and reliable

Pros

This software is SUPER reliable. All of my meetings(and my colleagues') are automatically recorded and broken down to be really easy to engage with and speed through to important pieces of the meetings. It's also really easy to search for meetings with clients even if you weren't in attendance

Cons

I legitimately can't think of anything that bums me out. There is nothing about my Gong experience that has been disappointing or slowed down my daily workflow. I've been very pleasantly surprised with the experience after using a competitor at my last job

Reasons for switching to Gong.io

I just moved companies and the last one had Chorus, this one has Gong. It's been a very seamless and intuitive transition. I haven't looked back or felt like I'm missing anything at all

Lindsay

April 2022

Every Sales Org NEEDS Gong!

I use Gong on a daily basis to re-listen to not only my calls, but also previous customer calls other reps have run. It's very helpful for providing additional context if any notes are missing from Salesforce. Highly recomend!

Pros

This has been the absolute best way for our team to get up to speed with learning product knowledge, industry jargon, and just overall flow of how we communicate with out customers. It's really been a saving grace over Covid as it's the easiest way to learn in a remote environment where you can't shadow peers calls in real life. I also love the transcript function because I never worry about having to take notes because it's so easy to recall the entire conversation.

Cons

The transcript isn't perfect....but that's a very small price to pay for such a fantastic product.

Chelsea

Gong is the best!

Gong has been a game changer for me and my team! Absolutely recommend this software for better coaching, training, and general reporting to help improve our calls.

Pros

I absolutely love Gong. We implemented it just over a year ago and it is a complete game changer. As a manager, I can't be on every call, but this has enabled me an avenue to rewatch my team's calls, provide feedback, and review exactly where the feedback was directed. It's also been hugely critical in onboarding so new people have way more calls to shadow! All the other features are huge as well (being able to see the amount each participant talked, what words were used, etc.) Can't say enough great stuff about Gong!

Cons

I think the search functionality can be improved when looking for contributors in a call, but that's about it!

Ken

Can't Imagine Life without Gong as a Sales Person

Gong has saved my skin more than once as it provides a safety net for me as a sales rep, that way I don't have to be taking notes during calls all the time - I can focus on what my prospects are saying and go back to listen to important parts of the call afterwards and structure my follow-up in that regard.

Pros

The ability to look at what other colleagues wrote to my customers The ability to listen back on important calls The ability to search by keywords within a recording Transcribed recordings

Cons

I don't think there are a lot of cons with this software. If anything maybe it has gotten too complex as they released more and more features.

Gabriel

April 2022

Game changer for sales forecasting and pipeline management

Pros

We love the deal board and call recording with tips

Cons

Customer success team does not think outside the box and look for ways to continually improve.

Romina

December 2021

Amazing platform- great for training, analysis, and automatic recording of prospect calls/demos/etc.

Gong helps me with discovery, cold calls, and learning from successful counterparts who have promoted to higher roles.

Pros

Gong is very easy to use. I rely on it heavily for recording my own calls with prospects automatically. When a Zoom meeting happens or when I dial out of Outreach, these calls record. If it is a Zoom call, any visuals record as well. It is automatic unless I purposefully choose to not record for certain prospects that request no recording, so it is not another thing to worry about clicking or selecting. I have years of Outreach and Zoom meetings that I can go back and listen to or watch in Gong, which is extremely useful when revisiting lost opportunities/old prospects, and for training purposes. Even as a senior in my role, listening to other discovery calls a few times a week keeps me sharper. It is easy to filter calls based on what type of call I want to listen to. There are countless customization options here, pulling tags/dispositions from Outreach and Zoom to filter in Gong. The call transcripts are nice too. While not perfect, it helps when I need to listen to something in a long call again and can refer to the transcript to see what time I need to start at to get the information I am looking for in that call.

Cons

-Love the transcript feature, but as with most transcriptions it could be improved.

Joey

One of the most valuable investments our team has made

Excellent. I would give up just about any other tool in our GTM-specific stack before I gave up Gong.

Pros

As an individual contributor, I can't think of another piece of software our team has brought on that is more valuable to me than Gong (excluding the table-stakes Salesforce or Slack type stuff). Gong is my insurance policy when my notes don't capture everything and I need to relisten to a call before the next stage meeting. Gong gives me insight into the quality of a conversation based on the metrics it provides (how long did I spend talking in comparison to the prospect? What does that say about the pitch, or this customer fit?) Gong is also invaluable to our new team members (across many teams, not just sales) who want to get exposed to customer and prospect conversations fast, and on-demand. The interface isn't the prettiest but is easy enough to navigate, and I love being able to speed up calls 1-2X speed in .25 increments. The call transcript search is handy when I want to find a specific thing I remember discussing on a call. I like that Gong provides industry benchmarks for the metrics it measures.

Cons

Having Gong has made me a little bit more of a careless notetaker, because I know Gong is my insurance policy. At times this has burned me if some Zoom difficulty means the call doesn't get properly recorded because the Gong bot didn't get invited. If there are better categorization methods for calls, our team isn't using them. But it may be helpful to be able to quickly designate calls by type (prospect vs current customer) and use case / vertical (eCommerce vs SaaS for example). Salesforce data is pulled into Gong so maybe there's a way we just aren't utilizing.

Mason

Could Not Live Without Gong

Nothing short of exceptional. Gong also has a strong presence on social mediums and continues to come across as a thought-leader.

Pros

As an Account Executive in the Software Space, I could not do my job as effectively without it. I use Gong's mobile and web-based solutions every day. Mobile App: In order to stay on top of my funnel in a detailed fashion, I am referencing prior conversations with my customer base every day. Gong's mobile application is the best way for me to reference prior conversations or demos on-the-go. Whether I am commuting to/from work or rushing through the office with headphones in, Gong's mobile application is a reliable way to leverage SSO and access my customer conversations from wherever my work takes me. Truly a life saver. Sharing Calls/Demos w/ Customers: One of the easiest ways to hold my customers accountable and accelerate my deal velocity as a rep is the ability to share recordings with my customers. Without Gong, I am certain I would not have the deal velocity I have today nor the ability to multi-thread behind the scenes as easily as Gong allows me to today.

Cons

Some analytics/call coaching capabilities are not available in my mobile instance of Gong. I am not sure if this is something my company does not pay for, however, this would be a "nice to have" as a rep while on-the-go.

Julia

One of my favorite tools as a Sales Rep

Awesome!

Pros

I was nervous when we first purchased this to have so much visibility, but it's been an amazing help for: 1) remembering what happened in a call whether that was yesterday or months ago 2) getting specific/contextual coaching feedback 3) seeing which deals need helps based on activity 4) flagging conversations by words that are said (especially when seeing how customers/prospects like new features or how other reps are selling those) 5) passing along feature requests or coaching notes to others on my team and in the business

Cons

It took us a bit longer than we anticipated to get fully ramped in a way where we were really leveraging it and able to do all of the above. No other major complaints, but worth noting I haven't tried any of the competitor solutions out there.

functionality, price, ui/ux

Rachel

Gong provides the visibility needed to up-level your organization

Gong's customer support is phenomenal. The product is easy to use and you want to use it. It's been invaluable to getting each of the employees who touch an account on the same page.

Pros

It's easy to share calls internally and externally. If you set it up properly, you don't have to do anything for Gong to work. It just shows up in the background without any additional steps required from you. The reporting is robust and is presented in a way that makes it easy to know on what areas to coach your employees. The reporting, searching abilities, and transcripts make it easy to find best in class calls to add to the library so that the employees can learn from one another. It is especially helpful that you can highlight a "snippet" that is especially powerful or to reiterate the best next actions agreed to with the client. They can hear their agreement in their own words.

Cons

Some challenges are the way that our company uses Salesforce doesn't match the way that Gong set up their Gong to Salesforce integration. This restricts how accurate some of the forecasting is, due to multiple opportunities within one account. That's our biggest issue as well as challenges getting single sign-on connected. They are addressing both of these issues, but they have prevented us from getting the most out of Gong.

Natalie

The Most Valuable Innovative Tool of the Decade

I am a raving fan. I don't know if I've ever really been a raving fan of a tool, besides the company I work at (Copper CRM!). I love their UI, their marketing emails which are NOT annoying (how?!?!), and their friendly support team. But mostly- this incredible tool allows me to become a better salesperson. Faster.

Pros

So novel. Yes, other demo softwares allow you to get insights. But Gong takes it to a whole different level. The tips are a prime example of artificial intelligence of the future. I can see exactly what I need to improve immediately after a call- and I check after each one. I set realistic goals that I can actually measure based on recommended best practices that are outlined to me from research that Gong makes available to me- average amount of patience, interactivity, and more that's necessary for a successful sales call.

Cons

The only thing I would change is that I'd like to be able to search more words within demos I've completed. The search functionality is already incredible, as it can pinpoint certain filler words and I can search a variety of terms. If it could capture more, which it likely will as they progress, I'd be thrilled.

Brian

It takes a Village

It has been a game changer for our entire sales org, as we grow as a company, and especially while we work to align our Global messaging across disparate offices. The Tribal knowledge we can now share is critical to our growth in 2020.

Pros

It creates true accountability across our customer facing teams that we are all properly taking the handoff from one another and moving our narrative forward. It’s the ONLY tool that everyone in our sales org asks for others feedback.

Cons

I’d like to see alerts anytime a specific chosen phrase or word is used by my team so that I can move quicker to resolution and feedback.

Lily

Great for client facing teams!

I would rate my overall experience with Gong.io a 10. It is solving the problem of reps being distracted on calls trying to talk to clients, fully listen, and also take detailed notes!

Pros

What I love most about Gong.io is that it transcribes your calls for you! I no longer have to worry about taking notes during my calls and being distracted as I know I can rely on Gong to record every single piece of information and transcribe it back to me via a script I can read through and pull from as if I took free handed notes. I also love that it captures how often you say a specific word (for example: my filler word is "so") to ensure that you can work on your presentation skills and realize how often you may say particular words that you should tweak in your talk track and/or overall call skills.

Cons

This isn't really a "con", but there are so many features that when I first started using it I felt overwhelmed. However, now that I use it every day, I feel really comfortable with the solution and it no longer feels like there is too much I should look at/do in terms of recapping my calls.

Cassandra

Gong for biz dev

I use gong to listen to recordings of sales calls to look for patterns, areas of improvement, and possible areas of training

Pros

I love the idea that I can get alerts for certain types of calls to review but have yet to do this. I also like that I can read a transcript alongside the recording for extra clarity.

Cons

I do have some difficulty setting up the filters to get alerts for certain calls. I also think the user experience could be a LOT simpler.

Reasons for switching to Gong.io

Enablement thought it was not robust enough

Myles

Gong's Awesome

My experience has been great. I watch a recorded gong video everyday. It's great for educational training and being able to observe other peoples conversations, understanding where they're having an impact conversations.

Pros

Gong gives me easy insight into conversations that I'm having and where the conversation is having a big impact based on the topics being discussed. It show's me how much I'm speaking, how much the client is speaking and whether or not the time is allocated appropriately to have a selling opportunity move forward. It's a great platform to learn and educate yourself based on recorded meetings of my co-workers

Cons

There haven't been many cons, if any at all. It's been a great tool to be using and has provided great insight into our conversations with customers/prospects at our organization.

Jason

The only software I would pay for out of my own pocket if I needed to

Call coaching Call scoring Call library Keyword spotting for objection handling, comp intel, analyzing trends, etc

Pros

Ease of set up Ease of use Value Customer service Features & Functionality

Cons

If I am forced to put something down, I have had I think 3 or 4 different CSMs in the past year. That being said, we are not needy at all.

Sam

Loaded with functionality - very easy to learn

I've had a very positive experience. It's been a key data source for feeding the competitive intelligence process, and many other users have pulled great insights across a variety of topics from it.

Pros

It's very simple to learn at a basic level, which makes it easy to dive deeper into the functionality. Within a few minutes you can start to unlock insights about what kinds of topics are coming up in calls, how prospects are reacting to certain methods, etc. The interface for setting up automation is straightforward as well, and that gives you access to a host of use-cases for automatically extracting insights from your call data. It integrates pretty seamlessly with different CRM providers - including Salesforce and HubSpot. Using it to trigger workflows in tools like Zapier is a great feature.

Cons

While there's a lot you can do to analyze the data within the application - the manual data export feature isn't as great. If you just want to cut and filter a spreadsheet, it's a pretty cumbersome process. That being said, if you connect it to another tool for analyzing the data it's not a problem.

Joe

A Must-Have for Sales Teams

Me and my management are able to dive into calls, both early and deep into sales cycles, and see what I could be doing better, and what areas I am particularly strong in, to give me the most relevant training and support going forward. I started at my current company in the middle of their evaluation of Gong and immediately pushed management to get the tool for us because of how much it brought to my last sales organization.

Pros

I've now used Gong at two organizations and, as a sales professional, I get a ton of value from the transcriptions and keyword searches I can do on my calls. I often have hours of conversations, demos, and proof of concepts per client and Gong allows me to focus on the current moment not taking notes and highlighting the most important requirements.

Cons

The timeline style view of each sales/engagement cycle can be a bit confusing, but there is an easy way to skip to the list of all recorded calls per account in chronological order.

Gong.io