• Pros

• "Easy to use; great to track my calls and be able to get better at my job!"

• "Easy to navigate, intuitive, allows me to focus on the call at hand instead of worrying about writing everything down."

• "The user interface is pleasing and easy to understand/navigate. The search abilities are pretty good too. "

• Cons

• "It sometimes takes a little bit of time for calls to load. But other than that, it's great!"

• "The timeline style view of each sales/engagement cycle can be a bit confusing, but there is an easy way to skip to the list of all recorded calls per account in chronological order."

• "The app could be better but it's definitely improved alot since they released it"

Browse Gong.io Reviews

Kunal from SlidesUp

Great tool, even for SMBs

I feel like I'm part of the Gong community already 2 months into our journey. I'm learning a lot from their team and excited to be a customer.

Pros

The Gong.io team creates a great experience, from learning and buying, all the way to onboarding and and helping you be successful in using their product to hit your goals. Even as a small customer, I feel like I got white-glove service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (sales) and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (CS). Already in week 1, we're getting so many insights from our call recordings. As we figure out how to sell better to our six new buyer personas, Gong will be invaluable in figuring out our sales playbook.

Cons

The only con in buying is that we didn't have enough people to meet the minimum seats. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped us work through this and still get enough value to justify the cost.

Reasons for Choosing Gong.io

Gong seems to be the winner in their space. With the trajectory they are on and the story they tell, I'm confident Gong will be great long-term partners for us.

Steven from Playvox

Great tool to discover valuable insights!

It has been an excellent addition to our product management stack. Having the ability to connect with different systems for virtual calls it's really helpful. The UX of the product is great.

Pros

In our customer-centric approach listen to our customers it's religious. I really like the ability to quickly identify who is talking in the conversation, general areas and interact with my coworkers based on the findings for every call.

Cons

This is a great tool but kinda expensive compared with other similar tools. You should consider your budget first before making the decision. If you can afford it, it will pay the price.

Reasons for Choosing Gong.io

-General UX is more efficient. -Audio calls waves differentiation between the customer and the internal user it's awesome. -Collaboration and notes system. -Integration with different vendors for audio calls.

Adam from NinjaCat

Great tool for small & medium sized sales teams

Gong.io is always used by our new employees to listen to sales and customer success calls to learn the lay of the land. Super useful.

Pros

My favorite part of Gong is it's unique, advanced technology that listens to the call and automatically inputs timestamps with talking points and who is speaking for your recorded conversations. GREAT for sales teams and customer success teams to go back and listen and easily find any vital information that was discussed on the call.

Cons

At the current time I can truly say I have no problems or complaints with the Gong.io platform. I'm just surprised it isn't used by more sales teams.

Madeline from Marketing and Advertising

Maddie's Review

It has been pleasant overall!

Pros

Being able to listen to reps that are performing well's calls

Cons

I cannot figure out how to find Closed Won calls anymore like I used to. Those are the calls I am most interested in to learn more

Rebekah from ThoughtSpot

Gong: developing sales orgs into world class teams

10/10 Easy, useful and overall necessary in an inside sales role in which young professionals are hoping to learn.

Pros

Gong is a phenomenal product. As an SDR and someone who is semi-new to the workforce, I am constantly looking for ways to improve and grow within my career. Having the ability to record each conversation, get a transcript version and be able to share this with my team has made it easy for training, feedback and constant growth.

Cons

Gong really doesn't have any issues in my opinion. There may be room for improvement in the search bar - as you type it makes recommendations and then maps you to the one it thinks you're referring to, but sometimes I am just trying to search a generic word and it makes it difficult.

Mili from Clearbanc

Product-first, intuitive revenue intelligence software

Excellent and customer first.

Pros

Ease of use, salesforce integration, great brand and strong product innovation.

Cons

Sometimes our dialing software doesn't get tracked in Gong from other applications. This is an integration piece.

Captures everything!

Pros

I love that Gong automatically records, transcribes and coaches each call. It is super intuitive and is great for self-review, peer review, and coaching. I love that it's super easy to share segments of calls for review, collaboration, and feedback. The mobile app is super user friendly and makes it easy to record in person meetings as well.

Cons

I don't like how it shows up as it's own "person" on Zoom calls.

Nate from SaltStack

Gong is an amazing tool...

My experience with Gong has been great! I highly recommend it.

Pros

I love being able to record my calls and review the audio or transcript to ensure I'm picking up all the important information on the calls

Cons

I haven't really found anything I don't like. There is a process to learn all of the functionality. I think the thing I like least is I don't yet know how to fully take advantage of all its' features.

James from Bizzabo

A must have tool for sales and customer success

Pros

Gong gives our team the ability to gain actionable insights into how well we are handling calls with clients. Do we repeat words too often? Do we allow enough time between our sentences? This is also an amazing system of record for calls so I can go back and review what was discussed previously. Clients love to receive the recordings as well, especially when they are instructional training calls.

Cons

I wish there would be the ability to cater the insights much more to Customer Success. It's very sales focused.

Ashley from Greenhouse Software

Great calling tool

Great experience, always (most of the time) my calls sound clear.

Pros

One thing I can say is I've never been disconnected while on a Gong call.

Cons

One thing I don't like (rarely happens) is when my prospect can't hear me on the call.

Joey from Heap

One of the most valuable investments our team has made

Excellent. I would give up just about any other tool in our GTM-specific stack before I gave up Gong.

Pros

As an individual contributor, I can't think of another piece of software our team has brought on that is more valuable to me than Gong (excluding the table-stakes Salesforce or Slack type stuff). Gong is my insurance policy when my notes don't capture everything and I need to relisten to a call before the next stage meeting. Gong gives me insight into the quality of a conversation based on the metrics it provides (how long did I spend talking in comparison to the prospect? What does that say about the pitch, or this customer fit?) Gong is also invaluable to our new team members (across many teams, not just sales) who want to get exposed to customer and prospect conversations fast, and on-demand. The interface isn't the prettiest but is easy enough to navigate, and I love being able to speed up calls 1-2X speed in .25 increments. The call transcript search is handy when I want to find a specific thing I remember discussing on a call. I like that Gong provides industry benchmarks for the metrics it measures.

Cons

Having Gong has made me a little bit more of a careless notetaker, because I know Gong is my insurance policy. At times this has burned me if some Zoom difficulty means the call doesn't get properly recorded because the Gong bot didn't get invited. If there are better categorization methods for calls, our team isn't using them. But it may be helpful to be able to quickly designate calls by type (prospect vs current customer) and use case / vertical (eCommerce vs SaaS for example). Salesforce data is pulled into Gong so maybe there's a way we just aren't utilizing.

Mason from Highspot

Could Not Live Without Gong

Nothing short of exceptional. Gong also has a strong presence on social mediums and continues to come across as a thought-leader.

Pros

As an Account Executive in the Software Space, I could not do my job as effectively without it. I use Gong's mobile and web-based solutions every day. Mobile App: In order to stay on top of my funnel in a detailed fashion, I am referencing prior conversations with my customer base every day. Gong's mobile application is the best way for me to reference prior conversations or demos on-the-go. Whether I am commuting to/from work or rushing through the office with headphones in, Gong's mobile application is a reliable way to leverage SSO and access my customer conversations from wherever my work takes me. Truly a life saver. Sharing Calls/Demos w/ Customers: One of the easiest ways to hold my customers accountable and accelerate my deal velocity as a rep is the ability to share recordings with my customers. Without Gong, I am certain I would not have the deal velocity I have today nor the ability to multi-thread behind the scenes as easily as Gong allows me to today.

Cons

Some analytics/call coaching capabilities are not available in my mobile instance of Gong. I am not sure if this is something my company does not pay for, however, this would be a "nice to have" as a rep while on-the-go.

Rachel from Workfront

Gong provides the visibility needed to up-level your organization

Gong's customer support is phenomenal. The product is easy to use and you want to use it. It's been invaluable to getting each of the employees who touch an account on the same page.

Pros

It's easy to share calls internally and externally. If you set it up properly, you don't have to do anything for Gong to work. It just shows up in the background without any additional steps required from you. The reporting is robust and is presented in a way that makes it easy to know on what areas to coach your employees. The reporting, searching abilities, and transcripts make it easy to find best in class calls to add to the library so that the employees can learn from one another. It is especially helpful that you can highlight a "snippet" that is especially powerful or to reiterate the best next actions agreed to with the client. They can hear their agreement in their own words.

Cons

Some challenges are the way that our company uses Salesforce doesn't match the way that Gong set up their Gong to Salesforce integration. This restricts how accurate some of the forecasting is, due to multiple opportunities within one account. That's our biggest issue as well as challenges getting single sign-on connected. They are addressing both of these issues, but they have prevented us from getting the most out of Gong.

Natalie from Copper, Inc.

The Most Valuable Innovative Tool of the Decade

I am a raving fan. I don't know if I've ever really been a raving fan of a tool, besides the company I work at (Copper CRM!). I love their UI, their marketing emails which are NOT annoying (how?!?!), and their friendly support team. But mostly- this incredible tool allows me to become a better salesperson. Faster.

Pros

So novel. Yes, other demo softwares allow you to get insights. But Gong takes it to a whole different level. The tips are a prime example of artificial intelligence of the future. I can see exactly what I need to improve immediately after a call- and I check after each one. I set realistic goals that I can actually measure based on recommended best practices that are outlined to me from research that Gong makes available to me- average amount of patience, interactivity, and more that's necessary for a successful sales call.

Cons

The only thing I would change is that I'd like to be able to search more words within demos I've completed. The search functionality is already incredible, as it can pinpoint certain filler words and I can search a variety of terms. If it could capture more, which it likely will as they progress, I'd be thrilled.

Brian from Skedulo

It takes a Village

It has been a game changer for our entire sales org, as we grow as a company, and especially while we work to align our Global messaging across disparate offices. The Tribal knowledge we can now share is critical to our growth in 2020.

Pros

It creates true accountability across our customer facing teams that we are all properly taking the handoff from one another and moving our narrative forward. It’s the ONLY tool that everyone in our sales org asks for others feedback.

Cons

I’d like to see alerts anytime a specific chosen phrase or word is used by my team so that I can move quicker to resolution and feedback.

Cassandra from League

Gong for biz dev

I use gong to listen to recordings of sales calls to look for patterns, areas of improvement, and possible areas of training

Pros

I love the idea that I can get alerts for certain types of calls to review but have yet to do this. I also like that I can read a transcript alongside the recording for extra clarity.

Cons

I do have some difficulty setting up the filters to get alerts for certain calls. I also think the user experience could be a LOT simpler.

Myles from Zywave

Gong's Awesome

My experience has been great. I watch a recorded gong video everyday. It's great for educational training and being able to observe other peoples conversations, understanding where they're having an impact conversations.

Pros

Gong gives me easy insight into conversations that I'm having and where the conversation is having a big impact based on the topics being discussed. It show's me how much I'm speaking, how much the client is speaking and whether or not the time is allocated appropriately to have a selling opportunity move forward. It's a great platform to learn and educate yourself based on recorded meetings of my co-workers

Cons

There haven't been many cons, if any at all. It's been a great tool to be using and has provided great insight into our conversations with customers/prospects at our organization.

Jason from CallRail

The only software I would pay for out of my own pocket if I needed to

Call coaching Call scoring Call library Keyword spotting for objection handling, comp intel, analyzing trends, etc

Pros

Ease of set up Ease of use Value Customer service Features & Functionality

Cons

If I am forced to put something down, I have had I think 3 or 4 different CSMs in the past year. That being said, we are not needy at all.

Sam from HubSpot

Loaded with functionality - very easy to learn

I've had a very positive experience. It's been a key data source for feeding the competitive intelligence process, and many other users have pulled great insights across a variety of topics from it.

Pros

It's very simple to learn at a basic level, which makes it easy to dive deeper into the functionality. Within a few minutes you can start to unlock insights about what kinds of topics are coming up in calls, how prospects are reacting to certain methods, etc. The interface for setting up automation is straightforward as well, and that gives you access to a host of use-cases for automatically extracting insights from your call data. It integrates pretty seamlessly with different CRM providers - including Salesforce and HubSpot. Using it to trigger workflows in tools like Zapier is a great feature.

Cons

While there's a lot you can do to analyze the data within the application - the manual data export feature isn't as great. If you just want to cut and filter a spreadsheet, it's a pretty cumbersome process. That being said, if you connect it to another tool for analyzing the data it's not a problem.

Lily from Yello

Great for client facing teams!

I would rate my overall experience with Gong.io a 10. It is solving the problem of reps being distracted on calls trying to talk to clients, fully listen, and also take detailed notes!

Pros

What I love most about Gong.io is that it transcribes your calls for you! I no longer have to worry about taking notes during my calls and being distracted as I know I can rely on Gong to record every single piece of information and transcribe it back to me via a script I can read through and pull from as if I took free handed notes. I also love that it captures how often you say a specific word (for example: my filler word is "so") to ensure that you can work on your presentation skills and realize how often you may say particular words that you should tweak in your talk track and/or overall call skills.

Cons

This isn't really a "con", but there are so many features that when I first started using it I felt overwhelmed. However, now that I use it every day, I feel really comfortable with the solution and it no longer feels like there is too much I should look at/do in terms of recapping my calls.

Joe from Domo, Inc.

A Must-Have for Sales Teams

Me and my management are able to dive into calls, both early and deep into sales cycles, and see what I could be doing better, and what areas I am particularly strong in, to give me the most relevant training and support going forward. I started at my current company in the middle of their evaluation of Gong and immediately pushed management to get the tool for us because of how much it brought to my last sales organization.

Pros

I've now used Gong at two organizations and, as a sales professional, I get a ton of value from the transcriptions and keyword searches I can do on my calls. I often have hours of conversations, demos, and proof of concepts per client and Gong allows me to focus on the current moment not taking notes and highlighting the most important requirements.

Lisa from LinkedIn

Closing more deals with Gong

My overall experience has been great. I have used other call recordings, but never found them intuitive or easy to use. Gong's platform makes me want to use it and learn more. There isn't a day that goes by that I am not using Gong. I can't say the same for other call recordings I used in the past.

Pros

I am new to my company and Gong has been a real game changer. I love listening to demos/calls on my commute to work from top performers. I also love that I can tag my manager in parts of my calls and have her give me feedback. Gong has helped me ramp up a lot quicker with the ability to search for all of our product offerings and listen specific parts of those calls where reps are pitching that product line. This has allowed me to resort to Gong for a lot of my sales related questions versus asking people on my team what they would say in certain situations.

Cons

There is nothing I don't love about the software, only a little minor technical issue. I wish I could easily move the date on calls I schedule in Gong without having to delete them and reschedule them.

kelly from Motivosity

Sales or Customer Success/Support - Why haven't you purchased already?!

We needed a way to review snippets of calls to hone our craft and get better at the simple things within calls. Before, we would record everything in Zoom and have to sit and listen to basically the entire call to figure out what was going on. Now, everything is uploaded, you can search (The voice analytics has come a LONG way) and tag those around you to get added insight and feedback. It's been incredible in helping new BDR's along the way.

Pros

It's VERY easy to navigate, use, administer, and help those around that need coaching. I appreciate the fact that I can tag people within the org easily and clip certain parts of the call for us to review in 1:1 sessions or as a team.

Cons

Clipping can be a little hard to figure out. When first launching Gong - I wish there was better functionality to bulk add previous calls from VoIP or other sources to specific folders instead of manually doing it one at a time.

Reasons for Choosing Gong.io

None - Gong is the best. Period.

Nancy from Sisense

Gong is a Gamechanger

Benefits, my prospects often relay technical terms or have difficult accents that I don't need to stop our conversation and ask to repeat, knowing I can listen again later. Overall gamechanger in the sales process I used to be under pressure to type notes, now I have time and information at my fingertips long after the call. I know have the ability to timely respond to prospects objections and close any gaps in the sales process. I love GONG.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to look for key words and not have to listen to an entire call to find what you are looking for. Ability to search the database for past or multiple calls and use in a sales strategy to focus on clients needs not only by words but by tone. Ability to drill down to key points and close more sales. Speed at which calls are analyzed.

Cons

There is nothing I can find wrong with Gong. New options and features are constantly added to improve the product.

Daniel from HubSpot

Gong for your everyday needs

Pros

I love how intuitive the software is on the back end. Their AI tech which records, analyses, and transcribes calls seems like magic. Gong makes it so easy to follow up with people and improve my calls Im not sure what I ever did without it

Cons

At times there are snags in usability. The problem with a software that can do as much as going is that it can be tough to organizer it all in a way that is super user friendly. Not a terrible problem to have, better than an easy to use UI that does nothing you want it to I guess!

derek from Clio

Great for Feedback and Skill Building

Pros

Love using Gong to listen to my own calls and be able to find things to improve. Oftentimes, when I'm on a call, I don't realize what I'm doing or saying so Gong is great for me to go back and do some self-reflection on what I can improve. Great for my boss to listen and give feedback as well. He and I aren't in the same office so he can't listen to live calls with me but Gong gives him the option to listen to calls and provide feedback.

Cons

I have no bad feedback. Gong does what is says it does. Records calls, identifies points of a call, tags them, etc. Does exactly what I need it to do and doesn't stretch itself thin with all sorts of weird features.

Judah from DiscoverOrg

Gong changes the way you work

Pros

Gong is a game changer. Not everyone has to be a pro on your team to analyze a call anymore. Anyone can use Gong to recognize keywords, themes, and areas for improvement with their call analytics. Also, a major time saver because you can search for those keywords instead of listening to an entire hour or more of conversation. I particularly enjoy any study that Gong publishes. By analyzing themes in the industry, they provide incredible insights around word choice and timing. Timing is everything, isn't it? Gong changes the way you work, for the better.

Cons

I can't think of a single downside to using Gong.

Pleasantly surprised!

Its a solid product and our Sales Ops team have seen immediate value from a coaching and training perspective and the sales staff are finally seeing the value in reviewing their sales calls with better context. As I mentioned earlier, it helps me in my role to engage more quickly and bring value faster to the sales cycle.

Pros

I am not a front line sales person, rather I am a strategic resource that the sales team leans on when meeting with a prospect's executives and other leaders during the sales process. When they are ready for me to engage, they can send me a call recording and I can see who is talking, what they are talking about and make specific notes based on discussion topics. It empowers me to get up to speed with a new prospect much faster than in the past, which in turn keeps momentum and excitement in the sales process.

Cons

It wasn't introduced to our sales org with a very clear "why" we need to use Gong. So immediately it created a misperception that leadership bought it as an employee watchdog which led to poor adoption. It didn't help that it was introduced as a stiff mandate from leadership to use Gong. In short, no complaints with the software, but more of a warning for new Gong users to make sure you tell your users the benefits that THEY will get out of Gong and the benefits the extended teams will gain from their use of Gong.

Michael from Sisense, Inc

Incredibly Valuable Product

Can't say enough the product is incredible. They should raise license prices! In addition, their CEO, is the man! Loves his pizza :)

Pros

I truly love the product. From day one it was clear the amount of value it can bring to any sales team and the fact that the integrations with communication platforms like Goto Meeting make it so easy to work with. In addition, I'm able to actually listen to my clients further, ask deeper questions because I don't have to worry about taking so many notes during calls. I can actually have conversations with prospects/clients rather than interviews. Lastly, the AI is continuing to get better and better. The fact that I can see talking tracks, various topics helps educate where I can improve in my game

Cons

Not that it's a big deal but I'd love to be able to share calls in a less cumbersome process. Rather than copying a link, I'd like a way to share a call with just a click of a button. Having said that, sharing calls is still pretty dam easy

Josh from Workfront

Easy way to review calls and get great insights.

Pros

I like the features that come along with Gong like being able to view a transcript of the conversation rather than re-listening to the entire call. It's easy to navigate and saves us all a lot of time. The reporting and metrics it can track are really helpful as well.

Cons

Depending on how the calls are logged into the system it can be a little tricky to find some specific calls, especially if your name is not associated with them.

Paul from PayScale

Extremely helpful software - saves us so much time

We used to store recorded calls in some weird folder that existed in some bizarre shared server thing-a-majig and it was honestly a nightmare to find things and play back calls. We had zero visibility into things like talk time. Now I'm able to easily asses the health of an account by pin-pointing my own listening to only what the client has said on a call. We are much better off with gong, and it helps us with more focused follow up for our clients, as we're able to recall more granular detail of what was said.

Pros

Very quickly asses a call, what happened, who said what. Also ability to very quickly focus on a portion of a call, or something a client has said. Has significantly improved our ability to give feedback to our team, train and build upon weaknesses and strengths.

Cons

I wish the transcript was more accurate. This is certainly an extra cherry on top type of feature, as it's not always needed but there are times where it would be amazing to be able to copy paste or search for certain terms, and the AI just isn't quite there.

Sally from ComplyAdvantage

Great tool for Marketers

Overall I find the tool extremely useful from a marketing perspective and will continue to use the tool.

Pros

I love the ability to save calls in the listen later function to listen back whilst commuting. I am mostly stuck in meeting throughout the week and do not always have time to listen to Gong calls during work hours. The main use for my role is to get closer to our prospects and clients. Really listen to the pain points and challenges of the person on the call, as well as the initial reason they decided to come looking for our solution. To help stay across the sentiment across sectors and company sizes of what people need from a solution.

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind immediately, but will continue to test the functionality.

Michael from Terminus

Gong is a Sales Essential

Gong has enabled me to be able to quickly assess a rep's performance on calls and easily share improvement points. Also, their blog is one of the best I've ever read.

Pros

Gong has increased my ability to coach my team on their calls exponentially. I love the ability to quickly and efficiently learn what I need to know about the calls and the various ways the Gong platform allows me to understand my team's skill level and coach to that. I also love the ability to create custom scoring rubrics and use them to benchmark the team's progress.

Cons

I have no cons really. Gong is an awesome tool.

Jessica from PayScale

Gong is a salesperson's dream

Pros

It's so important to identify your prospects needs, but it can be difficult to absorb everything they are relaying. Having access to a tool like gong, gives me the ability to revisit my calls, dissect my prospect's responses and identify their needs. Gong makes this easier by filtering by keyword, offering graphs so you can click into specific parts of each call, compiles key words used throughout and gives my co-workers a place to listen and make suggestions.

Cons

I haven't found anything negative when using gong.

Michael from Hootsuite

Gong for Managers

Managing a larger team made it difficult to address all calls, and decide which calls to pull from. GONG makes it easy to focus my strengths on the calls that matter. It also helps my team listen to their own calls, to prepare for demos in a more timely manner.

Pros

Being able to play back calls at higher speeds, and read the transcript. Gives me the ability to go through many calls throughout my day. Even better, I can set alerts for key words or phrases, so I can only focus on those calls.

Cons

It is hard to pick what not to like about GONG, but sometimes the transcript doesn't do the best job of translating, and you would need to listen again in order to understand the translation it made.

Reasons for Choosing Gong.io

Apart from the product, the buying experience was superb. Our sales rep did a fantastic job of understand our needs and presented this in a way that made it easier to champion.

Tripp from Skyword

Great for sales coaching

Overall we are very happy with Gong. I would recommend Gong to anyone considering it for sales coaching

Pros

-Enables sales coaching - helps AEs listen to what their customers are saying during conversations, instead of taking notes - helps with handoffs from sales to customer success - quickly search through calls to find key moments

Cons

- some of the recent feature additions have made it over-complicated.

Reasons for Choosing Gong.io

Gong's sales process was superior

Ken from Drift

Gong may not be the best fit for everyone, but here is why I like it.

It's been great so far. I don't have a problem with it. If anything I probably rely on it too much. I find that I don't always have to log notes b/c it is recorded in Gong, and since it integrates with Salesforce the recording automatically gets linked into my records.

Pros

What I love about Gong is the ease of use. I can easily find the section that I need on a certain call without having to listen to the entire call. It also has transcripts so I can read along with those. Lastly, I love the fact that I can send certain segments of the recording out to individuals who were not on the call.

Cons

I wish there was an AI component where it can analysis and recommend next steps as CTA. That would make it very intuitive.

Immediate insight into my calls

Immediate insight into my calls and what I'm doing right & what I can improve upon. It's great to have an easy to use repository for all of my sales conversations.

Pros

The #1 most valuable aspect of Gong for me is that I no longer have to worry about diligently taking notes while on a call with a prospect. I have the best conversations and can listen most effectively when I am walking around the sales floor and fully engaged. When I have to take notes, I miss key things the prospect is saying. With Gong, I can simply go back to the call after and finish up my notes.

Cons

You really have to put in the time and effort with the tool to see results/improvements. As expected with anything though.

Brad from Influitive

I'm a genuine fan of Gong

Pros

It enables me to focus fully on the customer. I don't worry about taking notes, toggling between screens, or making sure to remember salient points. I am wholly dedicated to the conversation I am involved it with the customer, because I know that later I'll be able to review the call in many different ways: I can review only what I said, only what another individual said, I can drill down by topic or next steps. For me it saves me from the worst parts of myself.

Cons

They were once doing some kind of software update in the middle of the night, right when I had a meeting with an overseas company. I was livid but they were great about it.

Dave from Twilio

Love Gong! So helpful!

Pros

I'm a Solutions Engineer..I'm on calls all day long, and many are video calls. I can't always type or write notes while i'm handling calls. It's imperative to be able to go back and listen to some of my meetings and be able to quickly find a certain topic that a certain person was speaking about. Not only does Gong record and transcribe calls, but being able to differentiate between who is talking and sort the call by topics/questions/etc. is super helpful when you need to go back for quick notes.

Cons

I don't really dislike anything...hard to say.

I don't know what we would do without Gong

Great!

Pros

Gong is awesome! It allows every call to be recorded, analyzed and sent to the correct people. Gong allows managers to make comments on specific parts of the calls, speed up or slow down the pace and send feedback to the reps. One of the coolest parts about Gong is how the platform analyzes each call, letting the manager and caller know how much he/she talks compared to the customer/prospect, what topics were discussed, and even what words you are repeating many times.

Cons

I think that the only thing that could be considered negative about Gong is that anyone at your company can listen to the call/recording

Didn't know what I was missing until I had it

we purchased it for conversational tracking, as well as for training purposes.

Pros

I love the call tracking, the account insights as well as the screen capture. It does a great job of transcription of calls as well as identifying the next steps based on their own internal AI. I have been able to streamline my reviewing and aggregate the call reviews that used to take me a full day to do now takes seconds. when looking at companies to support, I ask specifically if they have Gong, and if they don't I look and think less of them. It means that they don't have a dedicated need for quality or for training their sales and support people.

Cons

That there can be data double-dipping if call recording is done inconsistently across teams. This is a case by case basis for the end-user.

Carole-Ann from Forrester Research

Industry: Market Research

Game Changer

Outstanding way to retain information discussed, study my own and other behaviors to improve. It's quickened our new hire on-boarding and improves direct coaching. This tool is a game changer.

Pros

Easily integrated with existing tools to optimize efforts and capabilities. I'm an avid note taker, but this tool makes me so much more effective at maximizing conversations held and ensures I retain important information. This tool also allows me to learn from my peers on my time by providing a library of knowledge.

Cons

The call scripts/voice to text are not as accurate as one might hope. (Sometimes downright comical) You would not be able to read a call's script alone and understand the call. However, the Gong website and app is easy to use that listening to the calls anywhere is simple without this feature being pristine.

Mark from Sprout Social

Life Changing Tech

Excellent. It has allowed me and my org become more customer centric. We can listen and engage in calls more effectively, we can revisit previous calls, and we can analyze what's working, what's not, how we can improve and makes it easy to share with others.

Pros

It allows me to be more engaged with my customers in conversations. Instead of spending time scribbling notes, I can have a conversation, and review later to add proper notes and allow me to revisit conversations before a call to add important context.

Cons

No real cons. It would be great if it could transpose notes for me from the call or an "executive summary" but I realize that's asking alot. Love it as is.

Excellent sales tool that allows for self improvement through call review and knowledge sharing.

I use Gong for two different things, both of which the platform excels at: keeping track of customer conversations during long sales cycles and as a tool for self-improvement in my own calls. The first one is self-explanatory, having the capability to go back to any previous customer conversation and easily pull the "highlights" from previous calls - allowing me a level of preparedness I wouldn't have by just relying on my own notes. The second, as a tool for self-improvement, is probably where Gong has provided the biggest value ad towards my own selling capabilities. Being able to go back, review any of my calls and look at areas that could benefit from improvement, has been hugely beneficial in identifying my own weak points. This, paired with the ability to break down and listen to some incredibly successful calls from others in the organization, has made me stronger at selling our companies product.

Pros

Having a library of all the calls in your organization, organized and broken down with recommendations and stats, is a powerful tool to have for sales self-improvement (specifically for onboarding new employees learning the product and sales cycle).

Cons

Not much to dislike - maybe the voice to text translation (being able to pull transcripts of your calls).. it never seems to work for me very well.

Fantastic software that's critical to any sales organization

Gong.io helps us to review calls and better follow-up with prospects. It's also great for training, identifying areas of improvement and managing sales teams.

Pros

The best part is that the solution seamlessly integrates with your existing apps and is super easy to use. All your calls are right there in the home dashboard and its very easy to find what you're looking for in calls. Overall great user experience and product.

Cons

The mobile app needs improvements, but overall not a big deal.

Peter from OneLogin

Must have for remote sales calls

Pros

Gong is an intuitive platform that syncs seamlessly with our calendars and meeting software (Gsuite and Zoom). The ability to review calls to make sure I have all the details of an opportunity tracked has become absolutely essential to my process, and I love the AI breakdowns of interactivity, topics covered, etc.

Cons

Occasionally Gong will not automatically connect to the Zoom meeting, but luckily I can addd it manually on the fly

I wouldn't want to do my job without this tool!

I have had a great overall experience using gong!

Pros

Gong allows me to focus on my calls knowing that I can rely on the recordings for note taking. It's extremely beneficial to be able to share comments/feedback with my teammates. Additionally, I like to include demonstration recordings in my proposals to prospective clients which is always received well.

Cons

The search function to filter through call library doesn't always appear to work.

Sadie from HIRED

MUST have tool for sales

Gong is allowing our team to learn from each other, which is especially helpful as we are located across the globe. Futher more its allowing for self reflection with all the data and analytics that come from each call.

Pros

I LOVE this tool for learning! The recordings are great so go and listen to again so you can pick up the little nuances that you didn't catch during your call. This makes your future calls way more effective. It's also great to learn from your co-workers and listen to their calls. Furthermore, the level of data and metrics that it gives on calls is amazing. I now know my filler words and have been able to actively work on removing them from my calls.

Cons

I don't like how it chimes in awkwardly during the call to announce that it is being recorded.

Florin from Loopio

Gong should be an essential part of every sales rep's tech stack

Pros

Apart from maybe Salesforce, Gong is the second most important tool in my stack as an AE. It's easy to use (almost no set up), allows me to listen to my calls and most importantly gives me the opportunity to use analytics to see how I can improve with every call.

Cons

I don't have any negative feedback as of now, the platform does exactly what we wanted it to do. I can see the future of gong being a virtual assistant to sales reps, that not only transcribes notes, but logs them for you and set's up tasks for you automatically in your CRM based on what it heard on the call.