What are NICE CXone users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using NICE CXone software through verified user reviews

• icon"NICE offers the ability to integrate most communication channels in to a single agent interface."
  • icon"The most important thing that I like about this software is that it is tracking everything you do."
  • icon"The software delivers on the promises. Easy to use, priced right and user friendly."
  • icon"When there is an outage it can be very difficult as the whole system typically fails at the same time. This has been very rare fortunately."
  • icon"Nothing at this time that I dislike about this software."
  • icon"Also difficult to receive support...everything has to go through me (the admin) and it's been very disruptive to my day to day."

Browse all NICE CXone Reviews

• Have you used NICE CXone and would like to share your experience with others?

Bernard

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

December 2021

Excellent CCaaS Leader

Ryan

Excellent VOIP Service

We've had a great experience with NICE inContact CXone so far, I'm very glad that we switched over from our previous VOIP provider.

Pros

I really appreciate the level of customization NICE inContact has, we have many different profiles for phone agents and the ability to tune everything in to exactly what each agent does has been really great.

Cons

The biggest issue we've had was in setting up supervisor dashboards, anyone with privileges can set one up and the menus start to get cluttered after awhile. We're able to occasionally prune down the views and get things looking reasonable again though.

Reasons for switching to NICE CXone

We made a decision based on cost and agent count, inContact also had additional prebuilt features that we were interested in

Response from NICE inContact

We appreciate the feedback, Ryan! We'll share your feedback with the appropriate teams.

Emily

InContact Review

Pros

Very user friendly. We very rarely need help from our IT team to make any changes or updates. Most reports and tools can be figured out. Training tools are great. Integration very simple, using Skybox to assist. TAM, Garland Bailey, is excellent.

Cons

Analytics are hard to use and are not accurate based on what I know. InView does not match InContact reporting. We have asked for support/assistance resolving issues and we have not received resolution in over 3 months. We need additional widgets in the dashboard but can't get them.

Reasons for choosing NICE CXone

We had already done our due diligence by the time we started evaluating Five9 and they seemed very comparable.

Reasons for switching to NICE CXone

InContact was more user friendly. Enghouse required IT support for us to make any changes, with additional cost associated for their support. Cloud based. Ability to add additional users easily, all over the country.

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks for your detailed review, Emily!

Tarell

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

June 2022

Best Contact Software

I've been using this software for over 2 years taking inbound and making Outbound calls. The audio quality is the best I've ever used. I'm glad we were able to switch from our previous contact resolution software.

Pros

What I enjoy most about Nice is that it's pretty easy to use. The distributing feature for multiple agents to use the software handling each call is unbelievable.

Cons

The biggest challenge I've faced is setting up a new profile w/dashboard etc. After over and hour we were able to have it set up.

Reasons for switching to NICE CXone

There was too much challenges with loosing a customer while in the middle of the interaction.

Omnichannel, Multi-site, International Contact Center

InContact has allowed us to increase flexibility in handling contacts across multiple sites. We have been able to utilize functionality that allows our agents to know the guest who is calling and the reason for their contact. Like any tool, there is pros and cons. We have had to adapt some of our business practices to the tool. It is nice, no pun intended, to have all of our tools in one platform (ACD, Quality, Reporting, WFM, etc.).

Pros

InContact allows us to utilize our global staff to ensure our guests receive prompt response time to their phone calls, emails, and chats. We are able to skill and staff our agents across multiple sites to increase efficiency. The software was easy to learn and adapt to for our users when we switched. The tool gives us access to data both real-time and historical needed to make decisions and operate effectively. We are able to have multiple tools (WFM, Quality, ACD, Reporting, etc.) in one platform.

Cons

We skill agents with both voice and digital (email and chat) skills. Because InContact treats chat as a digital media type, it will route both chats and phone calls at the same time which is challenging and limits our ability to utilize the omnichannel feature as we would want to. Without case ownership on email, each reply after the initial email may route to a different agent, which creates challenges with continuity of the communication. Email reporting has been and continues to be a challenge. It is difficult for us to see how many emails were handled on a certain day if the email was handled on a different day than when it came into the system.

Response from NICE inContact

Thank you for your detailed review. We are always working to improve our software. We will pass along your valuable insight to our development teams.

June 2022

User friendly support center platform

We've been using Nice CXone for last few years and the overall experience is generally positive. The software contains all the support center functionality that you need and can be administered easily. The team likes to use the platform because it's straightforward and user friendly. We are happy with the choice

Pros

User intuitive application with easy navigation experience for both agents and administrators Length and breadth of reports - inbuilt reports are mostly sufficient. It's easy to create your own custom reports and it does not require any special skill Can be used for inbound and outbound calls Call recordings can be easily saved on the cloud Excellent integration capabilities, we've integrated with Salesforce with good results

Cons

Call clarity when you configure cell phone to receive calls Long drawn process of procuring toll free numbers for some regions Occasional connectivity issues, however it's a thing of past and lot more reliable now

Shelly

Dec.2019_3M_US_Admin_Support_inContact

Fast to learn Efficient to setup Good training documentation Wonderful tech support Great experience

Pros

The details offered to discover path of contacts, simple process of escalating issues, and efficiency of setup of users and ACD elements are the best I've dealt with in my 25 years of ACD phone support. Our TAM is amazing & knows her stuff. Reports are capable of great detail

Cons

Because of the open structure to access so much detail, it takes time to analyze what everything means. The integration with Salesforce is wonderful, but seems a challenge to avoid daily errors; often clearing cache and cookies...I know this has much more to do with 3M's network and Salesforce, but everyone thinks it is the phone that causes the problem. We tried to standardize ACD routing setup, however, the cleanup from each deployment sent us down custom paths again; I understand the goal to eventually streamline with the Global Scripts - this is the right thing to do and will make things better, it will just take awhile to get there.

unknown

Reasons for switching to NICE CXone

We needed a company to help us go Global with the interfacing with SFDC for Customer Relationship Management

Response from NICE inContact

We're so happy to hear about your great experience! Thank you, Shelly!

Replied January 2020

Travis

Swiss Army Knife

They are a fair and firm company that says what they will do, and they do what they say.

Pros

There are a broad range of features that are combined to make a symbiotic platform with tons and tons of options.

Cons

I wish that there were sentiment analysis for the SMS side of the omnichannel.

Reasons for choosing NICE CXone

It had all of the products ready to go for omnichannel.

Reasons for switching to NICE CXone

I needed HIPAA compliance and a 99.99% SLA.

How "Nice" of You to Read My "inContact" Review!!

I am using this platform as a call center management system. Our Service Desk employees all use this and it has made a world of difference on everyone being on the same page and being able to quickly adapt to changes.

Pros

I most enjoy the ability to utilize the platform how you best see fit. It's very easy to customize to your specific preference and that helps a lot with being organized.

Cons

I dislike the recurring instances of the platform 'dropping' and me having to restart my computer before being able to sign back in and start working again.

Reasons for choosing NICE CXone

NICE inContact was the only product that was considered to my knowledge.

Reasons for switching to NICE CXone

Needed an upgrade to a dying out infrastructure and NICE inContact was the best fit for the hole to fill.

Ron

inContact Phone and Chat systems.

Overall it was a mediocre experience. Support and the Tams were great. The call system was great. The chat is garbage.

Pros

Multiple API's for SalesForce integration, data export, you name it. Phone system works great with good call audio. Caring Customer Support team that is knowledgeable and quick to take care of you. A WONDERFUL reporting system. You can create custom reports or use their canned reports which have almost all of the information you could ask for. Their TAMS are great to work with.

Cons

The chat system has had issue after issue. It has only recently started working correctly and our contract is almost up. Tech support is one of the worst I've dealt with. They are uncaring/unsympathetic. They are quick to point the finger elsewhere rather than address the actual issue and help get it resolved.

Reasons for choosing NICE CXone

Price and Promised full software suite.

Reasons for switching to NICE CXone

Five9 had compatibility issues with any form of Java outside 8u45. Which is very outdated.

Response from NICE inContact

Hi Ron, We're glad that you have had some positive experiences. We are working with our tech support staff to improve.

Replied October 2019

Lilia

July 2022

How may I help you?

So far I think is a very good software that works perfectly integrated with other communication system we need to work with at the same time

Pros

This software is pretty friendly and easy to use. Kepts you connected all the journal.

Cons

There are some features that I still dont know how to use, but I think is because of the very basic training.

Reasons for switching to NICE CXone

Because I am working with another company

Warren

Have been using NICE inContact since 2009

My overall experience with NICE inContact has been fantastic. I enjoy working with my reps as we together try to find the best solution to our problems. I feel they have truly been our partner.

Pros

I worked as an end user of NICE inContact in FamilySearch Support and for the past 4 years I have been working as the FamilySearch Telecommunications Product Engineer. As an end user I found the product to be easy to use and reliable. I was able to seamlessly take chats and calls up to 30 in a day. As the Administrator CXOne/inContact Central is easy to use creating skills, users, and security profiles. As the Engineer working in Studio and creating call flows with Salesforce integration I find the product robust and basically if you can think of it, there is most likely a way to make it happen using APIs and the inContact Studio. I was able to learn the basics and build from there with little training. And what I don't know NICE inContact engineers and account managers are there to help.

Cons

In Salesforce there is a feature that you can login as the user to see what the user is seeing. inContact doesn't have that feature. To troubleshoot a user issue I have to go to some lengths to change the users password and login as them to see if I can see what they are reporting. Speaking of reporting, I know the CXOne platform has addons for better reporting but I feel the dashboards and basic reporting could be made better. For example to be able to drill down on a dashboard to specifics even on the user level.

Reasons for choosing NICE CXone

It was hands down a better solution than Siebel. Back then UCN then inContact and now NICE inContact was willing to help out in any way they could. When we first started we needed more languages than what they initially offered and they went out of their way to add those languages to their platform.

Reasons for switching to NICE CXone

Siebel was problematic and not user friendly. As an end user I hated it.

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks for your feedback, Warren!

Shelli

Review of NICE inContact May 2020

Business problem is routing calls and cases to appropriately skilled reps. It works great! Love how we can integrate with Salesforce and Service Now

Pros

Easy to get going in Studio and training for Agents to use MAX or the Salesforce AgentConsole. Basic scripting tasks are easy to do. Complex tasks have been achievable with the help of PSOD where most techs are amazingly helpful and brilliant! The help pages are ok, provide basic info.

Cons

1. API Documentation is terrible. Hitting F1 on a Studio action for an API returns 'file not found' - there is no documentation on the API. Going into the developer console and looking at the APIs, also lacking info. Date fields provide the ISO regulation, examples would be extremely helpful. 2. In Central, most of the UI is too small to see the full names. Sometimes hovering over each name shows the name, but when looking at a list of 20 per page of POCs or skills the name field is too short to show the full name. There is plenty of white space where the names could be given more spaces. 3. Reporting a defect to tech support (opening a case) requires three or four meetings where I share my screen and reproduce the error again and again. It would be nice if they could use the original video and data to investigate. If they need additional config info, it would be good to ask for it. 4. Reporting call quality issues also requires much going back and forth, even when I've provided data from a quality testing vendor (Spearline). Would be ideal to be able to work with inContact to create a streamlined process where I report the issue, backed with data, and inContact uses the data as leverage with the carrier as proof of quality issues.

Response from NICE inContact

Shelli, thank you for your feedback. We want to help you with some of the issues you've outlined in your comments. Could you please reach out to us at corporatecommunications@niceincontact .com? Thank you.

Lindsay

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Overall a good product

Overall, I'm happy with InContact. The only thing I wish is that support was more helpful when it comes to using the features, and why the glaring discrepancy in reporting numbers from 2 separate reports that seems like they should be reporting on the same metric. (See Cons response, above) Aside from that issue, I've been very happy.

Pros

It's relatively simple to train my staff on how to use it. Most features are user friendly. The layout looks good and is functional. it's reliable and consistent. I cannot recall the software crashing or having issues that impacted our ability to help clients at any time. This is a lot more than I can say for other software programs we use. I feel like I'm kept informed of upcoming maintenance or issues and expected resolution time frames.

Cons

When I think about what I dislike about InContact, only one thing comes to mind. I have tried to find a way to pull an accurate report on abandoned calls. There used to be an abandon rate compliance report, but that is gone. So, I used the Skill Performance report. But the numbers seemed wrong. So I pull Contact History, and select for abandons to show. And on the particular dates I was looking at, the numbers were so very different. Skill Performance showed something like 80 abandons, which would be grossly high. Contact History showed something like 5 abandons. This number seemed low. I still don't know which, if either, report is correct and why they would be so different. I called for help and the representative couldn't really tell me why the difference of which was correct. So I went to my internal IT person, who also didn't know. So this is only one issue, but it is SO frustrating. I also cannot figure out how to find pre-que abandons and nobody has been able to help me with that either.

Response from NICE inContact

Thank you Lindsay. We're glad to hear about your positive experiences as well as your challenges with reporting. We will pass your comments along to the support team.

Replied January 2020

Rob

Incontact has features but requires commitment of time and learning

We had a VERY rocky start. I believe that most of the issues were with our implementation manager. I have mostly re-written and fixed the studio scripts and eliminated most of the routing issues. I do very much like the universal availability of Soft phone to be used from anywhere and that you can use it with most browsers and operating systems. The auto dialer is definitely the best program in the product. List penetration and reporting make it easy to reach more patients/clients with no lag/delay between reaching the person and speaking with them.

Pros

The available features are great. Hands down, the best auto dialer I have experienced but the set up and testing will take several weeks to tweak to your preference. Logging in from anywhere is very beneficial. Always updated to make the product new and innovative. All-in-one products available. One stop shop for QR, WFM, softphone and Forecasting. Although the program requires a lot of troubleshooting and upkeep, I will admit that it does not go all the way down very often.

Cons

Implementation fees for anything you want to do. For something as simple as SMS response to advance chat. There are costs and fees for everything down to the nickel and dime. This caused us to develop our own server to store calls (due to storage costs), our QR program is 3rd party and our chat program now. We started with Uptivity which is being discontinued 12/31/2019. The new program they suggested was a very large increase in price. So we went with separate company for our QR needs. Turn around is very slow for add-ons and requested changes/features. I highly recommend a well versed main contact with knowledge in building programs, telephony/studio, and user access/security to be a go to person. This will save you time and money in the long run. A program that is always being tweaked requires several updates. The updates can take away from business and cause errors/issues for several users. I typically set my week aside whenever a new release is upcoming so that I can help troubleshoot.

Reasons for choosing NICE CXone

Our decision was based mostly on the "all-in-one" package with everything in one place. Unfortunately that didn't pan out for us but the auto dialer has been excellent for our purposes.

Aspect went bankrupt

Response from NICE inContact

Thank you for the detailed review, Rob! We are always striving to improve and will make sure to pass along your comments to our development team. We are happy to hear the auto dialer is working well.

BRANDON

USERHUB Review - RentPath

Pros

I work with InContact very intimately from agent facing to back end routing. This software provides a very likable GUI, ease of use, and never fails to deliver quality and overall performance across the board. Being able to truly rely on a contact center solution to deliver as promised is non existent... unless you use InContact. Quality Plans within QM are a life saver! Having our QA team and Supervisors not have to go through calls manually will save us so much time, ultimately allowing us to spend time in other areas that are just as important. We love the Analytics of being able to see sentiment on calls! The accuracy is beyond impressive and is really going to set us ahead of the competition now that we are able to see specific keywords and/or phrases that our agents and our clients are saying. We'd love to be able to report on these key phrases and words to help us grow further! The biggest advantage we were able to gain as an organization was coming from Central with 18,000+ skills and reducing them within USERHUB to 14. This will help us immensely with WFM to be able to forecast accurately knowing that we aren't having to add new queues on a daily basis with the potential of huge error over time.

Cons

As we have come from Central to USERHUB, there has been a lack in QM Reporting ( only 3 reports ) and we have been challenged with Quality Plans not being able to replace calls if they are not a fit for that form designated to that plan. There is an upcoming release that is slated for our cluster on Oct 10th that will give us that function which is great. There is also no Print function for completed QA's. If the Evaluator made a mistake and the agent acknowledges the QA, there is no way to delete a completed or acknowledged QA which creates headaches for our staff. It would make sense to be able to edit a completed QA outside of an agent challenging it. We have also noticed that same calls can be pulled across different Quality Plans - some may not see this as an issue but we like to QA unique phone calls vs ones that have been already scored by someone else. When doing evaluations through the quality plans, there is no call details to look up within a CRM as an example (disposition,callID,DNIS,ANI) Also in the Evaluation Report, if there is a Yes/No question that is score-able with N/A and N/A is selected on the QA form, the Maximum Score Possible column in that report does not remove the total points for that question, which provides inaccurate scores. Also, it seems that the QA Average that is shown in Performance Monitoring is taking an average of the QA's by the percentage when it should be total sum score column / total sum maximu etcm possible score column.

Response from NICE inContact

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We are happy to hear it is working for you and appreciate you bringing the challenges to our attention. We are always striving to make improvements and will pass along your comments to the appropriate teams.

Replied October 2019

Industry: Medical Devices

Call Center software with great functionality

Before utilizing a call center software we provided our individual teams members phone numbers to the customers. This created multiple issues that were unsustainable as the organization grew. Customer complaints started to rise that we were not reachable via phone, that voicemails were not returned in a timely fashion or at all, and there was no data available to evaluate staffing performance and additional resource requirements. InContact solved the majority of these issues and we are now able to not only evaluate the points above, but also categorize the calls through dispositions used to improve call routings. However, there is no report that actually includes all three disposition fields. Only the primary disposition and the disposition comments are available in canned or custom data reports, the secondary disposition can only be reviewed for each call individually in the contact history report.

Pros

Our company upgraded to InContact a few years ago from TASKE. As the local system administrator for one of our sites that uses this software, I provide data reports to all teams tailored to their specific needs. The amount of raw data that can be extracted from InContact is enormous and is very helpful for operation and individual performance evaluation and optimization.

Cons

For our business unit having to transfer calls is not only inefficient, but also not seen as good customer service. There are no easy to use reports available, neither canned nor custom, that would allow simple evaluation of transferred calls that can be reviewed. Additionally, our main business unit running InContact is located in another time zone. Working with InContact Support, there is no way around some time zone issues when setting hours of operations for our local units. When I try to override our normal hours of operations to close the queues for lets say one hour between 2 pm and 3 pm CST, I have to set the end time to 4 pm EST. This would be less confusing if the override wouldn't display the close time incorrectly on my end then, as the notification and countdown will say that it is currently 2 pm and that the business unit is closed for 2 hours until 4 pm.

Clinton

CXOne reminds me of a shiny, sleek, sports car powered by a go-cart engine.

It was much better several years ago but with every recent "upgrade" it has gotten worse. Latency is extreme to the point that all managers within our Contact Center have pleaded with our technology department to be removed from Single Sign On which we were only granted several weeks. As of late, we are constantly being told to clear cache, delete temp internet files, shut down and restart our computers, etc. The ACD screen freezes consistently and we are DAILY reaching out to our WFM team and asking them to move agents in and out of skills due to our timeouts and latency. These are truly daily occurrences and not the ramblings of a disgruntled user that is inconvenienced on an occasional basis.

Pros

The Dashboards are easy to configure and provide a nice view that you can tailor to both your department and/or individual needs.

Cons

As mentioned above, the Dashboards are very nice but I am often 2-3 minutes behind from a "real-time" view. Additionally, the most basic enhancements seem near impossible to consider as I'm regularly told "the system wasn't built that way". The Real Time Adherence view is a great example of this as I'll be monitoring 50 agents with an additional 10-15 that aren't even in a working state (in some case, even employees that do NOT work within the Contact Center). Basically, I'm looking at a bunch of "white noise" on the RTA screen instead of agents solely within my department. The issues may very well be concerns with my employer's technology team but since they are the ones in direct discussion with inContact, I just have to go by what they are saying.

Jim

Gold standard of contact center software & management

Pros

Technical Customer Support manager is top-notch ACD / IVR configuration was a snap. We were up and running in almost no time

Cons

Workforce Management module configuration is a bit tricky

Reasons for choosing NICE CXone

CX One features were more comprehensive

Reasons for switching to NICE CXone

We decided to move to a cloud based solution to add levels of resiliency that we didn't have. Also, the benefits of flexibility were tremendous.

Response from NICE inContact

Thank you for your review!

Nathan

Unsatisfied with the support

Very little though it is simple enough to get setup and having the agents use it when needed.

Pros

The ease of use to setup and have an agent use the platform with very little training or other hand holding.

Cons

The reporting is in need of some help. The reports are intuitive and at times seem to report data different than what we would see in real time.

Reasons for choosing NICE CXone

Decision was made by other business units. I would have preferred to extend our current Cisco CUCM to support the needs of the business.

Response from NICE inContact

Nathan, thanks for your feedback. We certainly want you to have a better experience with Support and we'll forward your feedback to the appropriate team members for attention. Please contact us at corporatecommunications@niceincontact.com if you have any additional feedback. Thank you.

Replied April 2020

Industry: Sporting Goods

InContact it has it all

Pros

I really like the option to I can change the IVR on the fly which is important with our software if it goes down we can notify the customer very quickly which helps drive calls down. I also like the reporting that it can produce.

Cons

I think as a company they should give each of their customer 2 hours of technical time because I would like to switch up my IVR but there are some situations where it to technical for me. Also it is expensive for smaller companies to get all the option the InContact brings.

More Functionality

Response from NICE inContact

David, thanks so much for your feedback. We encourage you to provide these suggestions on our customer community portal. They will be taken into consideration if other customers have a similar need as yours.

Ashton

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Great product

Pros

I love the IVR system that they have. It makes routing calls and playing messages really easy and it also has great scripting opportunities. I also like how easy it is to use CXone on the agents computers.

Cons

The call quality is high but if you have headsets that aren't very good it can create issues with audio.

Reasons for choosing NICE CXone

Nice Incontact is a local company to us and we wanted to focus on inbound calls not outbound.

Reasons for switching to NICE CXone

Overall CX one is a better product by far.

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks for your review, Ashton! Glad to know about your experience!

Replied April 2020

Erik

Industry: Renewables & Environment

It works great, with very few cons

Pros

We like it because it's solid VoIP product that uses a low bandwidth codec, without sacrificing quality.

Cons

A few of the settings aren't advertised that they're only configurable on the server-side. For example, the Auto-Answer doesn't always stick when the agent changes the setting themselves. We have to engage inContact's customer support to make that change on the Server config settings. That's annoying.

Reasons for switching to NICE CXone

Ease of configuration. It's all Cloud-based, so we can fiddle with it with any device, and you don't have to be on-premise or on a VPN to get it working.

Response from NICE inContact

Erik, we appreciate the specific feedback. We will pass it on to the our product teams. Thank you for the review.

Dana

So Easy to Use

Pros

It is so easy to set up new users, make adjustments to hours of operations, add users to skills, change proficiency, and access call recordings. The reporting capabilities are endless. The support site is very helpful and provides a resource to find solutions in lieu of calling the support center. When I need to contact the support center, all calls are answered quickly and are almost always resolved during the first call.

Cons

The integrated softphone does not have an option to ring through the computer speakers. Unless you have a wireless headset, you cannot hear the phone ringing if you are just a few feet away from your desk.

Response from NICE inContact

Thanks for the detailed review, Dana.

Anallyn

NICE inContact for Call Center Management

At first I was skeptical with NICE inContact since I am used to using the other NICE application. After several updates made with NICE inContact collaborating with our Voice Team, the experience has been better especially loved the web player option :).

Pros

Since we started using NiC in March due to the global pandemic, we have since observed several upgrades in the functionalities/capabilities. 1. We have the option to remove download capabilities to certain users for InfoSec compliance since our company is a financial organization. 2. We no longer need 8x8 to play the call as it now has the web player functionality thus makes it easier to listen to calls. 3. We can now track the actual dead air and hold time which is critical to the call center as part of us monitoring the AHT and efficiency of our associates. 4. Clear definition of why a call was disconnected such as Agent Hung Up, Contact Hung Up, Agent Phone Disconnected, OB call interrupted and so on.

Cons

Some of the thing s I least like with the software are. 1. NiC tends to run into an error when agent is on high avail then a call suddenly comes in, it gives an agent leg error. 2. There are times that customer could not hear agent on the other line yet or vv. We did a test in the past where we listen to the call live and listened to the call after being recorded.

Reasons for switching to NICE CXone

It seemed like our organization was due to move platforms and one of them is NICE inContact.

NICE CXone