MiCloud Connect

MiCloud Connect Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The user client is easy to use and looks great. The system has been rock solid and I love the architecture with resiliency and cheap redundancy built in from the ground up."
  • icon"Loved the reports it generates, lots of informations and is customizeable to get the info that you are needing."
  • icon"I especially love the ability to setup call forwarding automatically. I am by no means a power user, and have only scratched the surface of the utility."
  • icon"I hate the fact that it goes through the internet, because if your internet goes out, you lose your phone, or if your phones goes out, you lose your other programs."
  • icon"I have tried to chat several times and either the agents don't know how to solve the problem or I keep getting kicked off the chat."
  • icon"I've had complaints from colleagues that have been unable to figure out how to add contacts. When they try to set it up, they end up accidentally calling people."

Browse all MiCloud Connect Reviews

• Have you used MiCloud Connect and would like to share your experience with others?

Bernard

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Excellent solution for legacy Mitel customers.

Julie

Industry: Law Practice

Everything I need.

I'd say we've had a seamless integration of ShortTel at our firm. I love the added features and how easy they are to use. Fits very well in my day-to-day operations.

Pros

Our company switched to ShoreTel a few years ago, and I've noticed a significant difference in how I use my phone and voice services. The desktop application makes it extremely easy to track missed calls, know the status of people I'm trying to get a hold of, and forward any calls when I'm out of the office.

Cons

Only one complaint - when voicemails get sent to my email, I have to listen to them through my external phone speakers instead of the earpiece. Sometimes I get confidential calls, so I can't be discreet about checking my messages.

Shae

Complex Implementation - Low Key Day-to-Day Maintenance

Pros

We were lacking quite a bit with our prior phone system. So the transition to shoretel was much needed. I was involved with the RFP and pricing discussion with a multitude of vendors. In all cases, Shoretel offered the greatest amount of features, including integration with our CRM (Dynamics) all while having the lowest price point. As the Director of HR, I am able to act as system admin with zero technical background, which is also greatly appreciated.

Cons

Reporting analytics are limited. Requires integration with third-party product to get the analytics we prefer. That being said, we dive more into our call details as we are a call center and execute performance metrics at the agent-level based on said data.

Laura

Industry: Building Materials

November 2022

Buh-Bye Mitel!

Not good. The only upside - I was forced to learn how to program a phone system - create auto-attendants, troubleshoot issues, etc. Therefore, when Mitel decided to sell to RingCentral I was extremely knowledgeable as it pertained to what to consider during the vetting process to replace the Mitel system. We vetted 4 different companies. Super happy with our selection - G12.

Pros

The concept and features it offered were really good... when it operated correctly... It was an IP phone system (new technology being offered at the time). It had a softphone feature via your computer which was a bonus when Covid19 hit - allowed us to work remote using the company telephone system.

Cons

We had more trouble with it than you can imagine. I spent more time troubleshooting issues with various employees than doing anything else. I became a full-time Mitel troubleshooter for our company of 65 employees. There were issues all the time - poor audio... dropped calls... cannot make a call... Didn't operate correctly on a new laptop (Windows 11)... Whenever an issue occurred, a case ticket was required which the administrator had to issue it - an employee couldn't call Mitel directly for assistance - which was an overall hassle and you could end up talking and rehashing the issue with 3 different people.

Reasons for choosing MiCloud Connect

We thought that because Mitel was buying ShoreTel we'd be getting a combination of the best of both systems. Not so - example - we used ShoreTel's workgroup feature, Mitel didn't offer a "workgroup" - we had to customize Mitel's Call Center to make it work for us - major hassle! Mitel should have incorporated ShoreTel's workgroup feature into their system. Lesson learned...

Reasons for switching to MiCloud Connect

Mitel purchased ShoreTel. We loved the ShoreTel product and willing went with Mitel assuming we would be getting an advanced ShoreTel product. Not so... Lesson learned.

William

Shoretel Communicator: Making Communication Easy

Shoretel has really helped to streamline and make our communication efforts more effective. I rarely type in anyone's phone number; I simply look them up in the system or reference my saved contacts.

Pros

I like the line redirection feature the most. You can configure and redirect your line to your mobile phone with one click, which is great and convenient for remote or offsite days. I also like the messaging feature because not everyone in my company uses Skype, but most everyone uses Shoretel. Shoretel also replaced all of our physical phone directory sheets, which is a nice step into the 21st century.

Cons

The call history feature doesn't always update in real time. I've seen instances of a missed call not showing up immediately in my call history, making it impossible to promptly return the missed call.

I use ShoreTel Connect as our company's main method of communication for outside candidates/clients.

ShoreTel allows me to connect quickly and efficiently with candidates and colleagues.

Pros

ShoreTel Connect integrates seamlessly with our Salesforce databases, allowing me to quickly call candidates and clients by simply clicking the number on the screen. When making 100+ calls per day, this small quality of life assist is very welcome.

Cons

I have experienced some issues while attempting to use ShoreTel when not connected to our company's network. When connected via home/public Wi-Fi, there will be intermittent issues with maintaining a connection to ShoreTel.

Patty

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

My employer currently uses shoretel for our call center it works great for the most part

I get to do my job as a support agent without interuption for the most part, for a while we had alot of problems but now we seem to be doing good with no problems in the last couple of months.

Pros

usually on most days it works great, the call quality is good and their are no issues. i like the ease of use and it connects instantly. I like how it gives us options to break, without having to log out and the timer helps me know how long i have been on my break or lunch break,

Cons

sometimes we have issues with the phone still rings while we are still on a call with the customer and sometimes the customer cannot hear us when we are answering the phone and vice versa, the support people keep blaming it on our computers but it is clearly not our computers when we havent had these issues with our older system.

February 2022

Great product but back end a bit combersome

Overall it works well for what we need it for.

Pros

Real time reporting of inbound/outbound calls. Being able to customize inbound calling and pull daily reports on several metrics with the calling.

Cons

Backend setup and customization is a bit more cumbersome that other software used in the past.

A Great Cisco Alternative

Cisco Agent didn't do enough for us, so we decided to use ShoreTel. Great change, you can type names and extensions straight into the softphone and instantly dial anyone.

Pros

Easy to use, great management of devices, users, and admin. Easy dialing, ShoreTel phones can also take a BEATING.

Cons

The software could be a little cleaner on the side. The UI needs a bit of a change, especially the back end which just looks old.

Lucy

July 2022

No brainer

Pros

It is user friendly and innovative. Highly recommend

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about software

Works great!

Pros

I like how you have a GUI interface for dialing, answering, seeing call logs etc.. It is much nicer to navigate vs having to do that on the phone itself. I especially love the ability to setup call forwarding automatically. I am by no means a power user, and have only scratched the surface of the utility.

Cons

my only complaint, if i needed one, would be the GUI is a bit dated feeling and does not feel like a modern UI. However, it works great so I can overlook this!

Chase

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

From the perspective of a Call Center Quality Assurance Specialist.

If you are a business who is not concerned about Quality Assurance for their call center, or if cost is an immediate issue, then this is a great, affordable option for you with some awesome features (silent monitor, silent coaching, call barging) that some other business VOIP systems don't allow/offer (note: costs may be an issue right away, but it can be more costly to have to switch your businesses entire VOIP system later). If you're concerned about the quality of your customer service or sales reps for your call center, or plan to grow big enough to have the need for a Quality Assurance department, it would be wise to look into other options that will streamline that department and work in tandem with your customer service/sales telephony system.

Pros

This product has a lot of great features that make it worthwhile to businesses: - the lowest price on the market (they guarantee the lowest price for their service) - option to "barge" calls (3-way the call without being transferred in) - option to silent monitor reps (monitor the reps with your phone on mute) - option to silent coach reps (talk to or coach your reps without the customer hearing) - see who is not on the phone, on a call, or has their phone set to do not disturb/busy/etc.

Cons

Mono recordings for calls; this is especially limiting for my job function (Call Center Quality Assurance), as to transcribe conversations you need dual stereo recordings to be able to differentiate your customer service rep from the consumer/customer. It is also such an old platform that it's difficult to find any 3rd Party Quality Assurance programs that are compatible with daily monitoring of our businesses customer service/sales reps.

Jeff

Enterprise class VOIP phone system at a much lower cost than competitors

We needed a VOIP system that was powerful, yet easy to setup and use without having to hire someone full time to operate it. ShoreTel gave us exactly that and now with over 350 phones, we rarely ever have any issues.

Pros

Although its a hardware and software VOIP telephone system, the software is extremely powerful and flexible, yet very easy to setup and use. Once it's programmed, it simply works. There are a lot of hardware options when selecting phones and enterprise required devices that making simple connections to remote offices and mobile users possible. You will also notice Mitel has acquired ShoreTel, but same high quality software and hardware support available.

Cons

Tech support is great, but extremely expensive and only available through VAR's or primary vendor you purchased hardware through. Trade off is that if not too complex of implementation, instruction manuals provided make for fairly easy install and setup.

Reasons for choosing MiCloud Connect

East of implementation, hardware components available, features available, including ability to have multiple 50's and 90's controllers at remote office for redundancy.

Reasons for switching to MiCloud Connect

Branch connectivity with circuits was costing to much, therefor we needed a VOIP system across internet to reduce cost when we opened offices in multiple geographical areas and ShoreTel gave us just that.

Easy to Use Phone System and Cost Effective

Pros

I found this product to have a user-friendly interface when managing the phones in our organization. What I liked the most about the product is the ease in knowing which phone blocks are available for use, as well as the number of phone numbers available in that specific block. Additionally (unlike Cisco Call Manager) it shows the full phone number. This is VERY useful if you are forced to have different call blocks with different prefixes. Not to mention, the call communicator for each user was AMAZING. We could easily make calls to other extensions (or outside numbers) from our desktop using the communicator. Also, if you wanted to call someone in your organization, it will indicate if the person is available (green) or on a call (red). Also great for our call center that had a call queue available.

Cons

Nothing that I could think of that I liked least about the product. I think this is a very user friendly interface and we had no complaints when using.

Very intuitive to use - very little training required

Overall works very well, is easy to use and is a good business tool.

Pros

It is an easy program to learn - very little, if any training needed. We use the system for calls in general but also for sales and support lines with rollovers. It is easy to call people via the PC, conference and transfer calls. It also displays extensions, if people are already on calls, etc. which is very helpful when trying to route customers to an available rep.

Cons

It seems like it sometimes conflicts with some programs and auto-logs people out. Maybe this is sometime we have setup incorrectly, but we have had it happen with a few different users. It will auto-log them out, but yet appear, on their screen that they are logged in.

chris

Solid Phones & Sturdy products

I like that they are up to date on technology. I like the dial from keyboard function rather than dialing phone numbers all day. We have had many vendors, Shoretel/Mitel products have outlasted most other hardwares if not all.

Pros

I have used Shoretel/Mitel for 10 years now, i have been using the same phone since implementation. These are sturdy and well put together phones.

Cons

The initial sales rep was kind of a shark. Needless to say he is no longer doing sales for shoretel. Shoretlel did the right thing and made good on his promises.

Reasons for choosing MiCloud Connect

Newer Voip technology and PC integration as well as we had a manager with experience that loved the system.

Reasons for switching to MiCloud Connect

outdated technology in our older system

It Works

This allows me to keep using my office phone number while working remotely.

Pros

What can I say. This is a straightforward softphone solution allowing me to work remotely. It is simple enough to customize to my needs. For example, call routing, contacts, voicemails, etc.

Cons

I'm struggling to find a negative, but if I had to pick something I would say I wish there were more integrations available. E.g. integrations with Zoom. This may be possible and just not configured.. I don'tknow.

Amber

Shoretel Review

My over all experience with ShoreTel has been mostly positive. There have been no major issues.

Pros

Shoretel has decent support and this product makes things easy for our company. We have had the phone system for quite a few years and have not had much difficulty with it when we had it. We did switch over to a new phone system because it had much more versatilely for our growing company.

Cons

The client could be more user specific I wish there were a theme and more general updates. The web interface is could use some more work as well.

Reasons for choosing MiCloud Connect

At the time it was the best option for our company we were not on a global scale.

Great phone system and management tools

Great solution for dispersed call centers with complex organization. Enables us to manage the entire call process, but did not communicate well with our other data strategies.

Pros

Great all around flexible phone system, enables many of our trusted call center associated to work remotely and yet still be tied into the main platform. Great at capturing data.

Cons

Hard to pull the data out as the instance is localized inside our firewall, making it difficult to grant access to some but not all departments using the tool. Would have loved a better way to get the data out and leverage our BI rather than only have Brightmetrics to assess it.

Mekesha