What are 8x8 Contact Center users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using 8x8 Contact Center software through verified user reviews

• icon"Audio quality is very good. Log in credentials easy to follow."
  • icon"We reach out to support once in a blue moon since 8x8 is so easy to use. Although we primarily use the desktop account center, we have been increasingly been using the phone app to work from home."
  • icon"I like that it is internet-based so no need for expensive wiring, easy to move, the ability to forward the phones to a cell phone especially in an emergency, and it allows me to track calls."
  • icon"What they won't tell you when you buy is clicking to accept locks you into a perpetual contract that renews every year with no provision for customers to leave even if the service is terrible."
  • icon"Our main line number was suddenly ringing on 1 person's extension instead of going through call distribution. Service people had no clue and gave instructions based on a different platform."
  • icon"Customer service was worse than horrible. Always offshore call centers reading scripts."

Browse all 8x8 Contact Center Reviews

• Have you used 8x8 Contact Center and would like to share your experience with others?

Annie

Industry: Building Materials

Well rounded program

Pros

I love the voicemail feature. Made it easy when you are on the go. And the fax feature. No need for a fax machine with that!

Cons

We had some issues with the phone system but the overall web features were great

Amit

March 2022

Reliable Platform for your OTP Deliverability & IVR!

I would rate 8X8 7/10. It's a good & reliable platform with a wide range of offerings in a single roof.

Pros

They have high deliverability percentages for OTP, that too at a reasonable cost. Logs and analytics to see your usage add to transparency. Cheer on the top is their active & supportive customer success team!

Cons

The integration process takes a lot of time and is certainly not hassle-free, as claimed by the salesperson. They experience a lot of small outages on a day-to-day basis. I would recommend subscribing to their Status Page to keep yourself & your team updated on the outages

Reasons for choosing 8x8 Contact Center

Pricing was high for the same offerings on the alternative products!

Reasons for switching to 8x8 Contact Center

Deliverability, Reliability & Transparency are the reasons for the switch.

Rohan

July 2022

One of the best calling tools

Pros

Easy to use. User friendly. Quality of software.

Cons

Since it's a really good dialling tool I would only say it's a bit heavy software that's all. Not much of a con though.

Mathew

June 2022

A tad expensive for what it is and technical / relationship support is terrible

Pretty good kit overall but it is expensive and not necessarily worth the extra expense unless you fully utilise all the capability and get proper support, which is where it does fall down - terrible support team.

Pros

So many good features like pre-recorded script playback, speech analytics, cloud call recording and playback with speech to text, IVR set up and flexibility is good, skillset management is good, MI reporting is pretty good.

Cons

Goes down from time to time but not as often as prior software we used, releases seem to break things, for example they depricated key functionality with no recognition or knowledge when escalated (not addressed after 6 months), terrible support team who know nothing about their product, silly desktop app not fully integrated with browser interface.

Reasons for choosing 8x8 Contact Center

Primarily down to speech analytics (which we haven't fully exploited yet) and pre-recorded scripts (agents own voice) for post-sale regulatory wrap up which has since been broken for 6 months!

Reasons for switching to 8x8 Contact Center

Switched in March 2021 as we wanted something with better technical capability and Horizon was quite old technology with limited investment and poor record of down time.

Vito

June 2022

8x8 Review

Pros

I use 8x8 daily at my job to provide support to our companies users. It is very easy to use and I love how obvious the notifications are when a call comes in. I can be working on anything at any time and 8x8 does a great job of letting me know when a call comes in. It is a great option for providing technical support.

Cons

I have found that from time to time my audio gets very quiet to the person I am speaking to and I need to make an adjustment to the volume mid call. That can be frustrating.

Natalie

Best VOIP option

We use the 8x8 Contact Center for all of our phone needs in all of our offices. We use it to pull call reports, forward our calls to our answering service, and to forward calls to external cell phones in case of an emergency. We are very pleased!

Pros

It is so easy to use! The virtual account center is so easy to use and troubleshoot. I can pull call reports for any phone extension or ring group in seconds. Customer support is easy to get a hold of and our sales rep always answers back within 24 hours. We reach out to support once in a blue moon since 8x8 is so easy to use. Although we primarily use the desktop account center, we have been increasingly been using the phone app to work from home. It is so simple to use. Lastly, the cost is also unbeatable. We've enjoyed a years long business relationship with 8x8 and will continue to do so.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative to say about this software. The cost, support, and platform are everything we need.

Best in class service, but they gouge you over time

Pros

The service is great, and the mobile app was best in class

Cons

We had outages more than other services and we they quietly hiked out prices overtime and it ended up as a rip off.

Reasons for choosing 8x8 Contact Center

We ultimately chose jive for pricing

Hardik

Virtual Mobile Phone and Best tool for NOC or ITO

We have been using this software from past 10 months. We were using Bria and the application was hanging a lot and our NOC team was missing call which was not accepted. We switched to 8x8 and now number of drop calls has been reduced to extent.

Pros

The functionality on this software is same as mobile phone. Makes calling ease. Best android and ios application compare to other soft phones available in market.

Cons

Nothing major. The setup size of windows applications is very large, can be reduced. Because the Android and iOS application sizes are small.

Danny

Terrible Customer Service and They Won't Let You Cancel

I'm just so glad we're not using it anymore. Now, we're fighting them on the $8,000 ransom. They are threatening to send us to collections. Do you want to go through this?

Pros

It worked OK for us for nearly 10 years but was always clunky, requiring separate logins to different apps.

Cons

Customer service was worse than horrible! Always offshore call centers reading scripts. Our main line number was suddenly ringing on 1 person's extension instead of going through call distribution. Service people had no clue and gave instructions based on a different platform. They promised call backs or resolutions that never came. It went on for a WEEK of a major disruption for our business. We decided that was the last straw and switched to a different (MUCH BETTER) system. Now they want to charge us an $8,000 ransom to "buy out" the rest of our contract. What they won't tell you when you buy is clicking to accept locks you into a perpetual contract that renews every year with no provision for customers to leave even if the service is terrible.

Reasons for switching to 8x8 Contact Center

InContact no longer served companies our size.

Response from 8X8

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry you had a bad experience. We'll strive to do better.

Replied December 2021

CHERI

8X8 REVIEW

Overall, the issues that we have had outweigh the positives and I don't think we will continue to use them once our contract is up.

Pros

I like that I am able to have calls forwarded to my cell while I am not in the office and that I can call clients from the app and it displays our office number and not my cell.

Cons

I have had several issues with this software that after multiple contacts with customer support have still not been resolved.

Christine

Industry: Law Practice

Good phone alternative

Yesterday I went on the chat to get help in something I messed up. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Customer Support Representative fixed it immediately, she was professional, pleasant and helpful. It was a pleasure to deal with her.

Pros

We first started using 8x8 when we got away from the high price of traditional phone companies. I like that it is internet-based so no need for expensive wiring, easy to move, the ability to forward the phones to a cell phone especially in an emergency, and it allows me to track calls.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to figure out the features. Sometimes the phone has to be reset because of noise interference.

Reasons for choosing 8x8 Contact Center

Really at the time, they were the only alternative, so we stayed loyal to them

Reasons for switching to 8x8 Contact Center

The high price of our phone bills

Stephanie

Industry: Building Materials

8x8 Contact Center: Less than Perfect Customer Service

8x8 Contact Center helped us a lot when we began working remotely, setting up the application on our personal use computer and cell phone, etc. In the months since the pandemic began it has become increasingly difficult to speak to a person at the contact center however and the tier system they use to escalate issues is inefficient.

Pros

8x8 is great to use to facilitate communication between techs and office staff and office staff and customers.

Cons

The system is glitchy and customer service is not always responsive- due in part to the pandemic and also because support staff work from overseas.

Response from 8X8

We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. If anything related to technical issues, please do not hesitate to email us on reviews@8x8.com thanks!

Replied December 2021

Becky

Industry: Mental Health Care

Finally found our solution

No more having to switch to personal cell use for business purposes due to current provider down time.

Pros

This VoIP software is what will solve our glitches with what product we are currently using. 99.997% up time, only pay per user, free phone with contract. Mobile office, multiple phones ringing to reach each employee, additional voice mail boxes, and many other features.

Cons

A bit tricky learning a new interface/ order of things to adjust the settings, but can be learned.

Lisa

Industry: Market Research

8x8 Review

The contact center helped me with my settings and I was able to turn on and off my camera after every meeting

Pros

Ease of use. Audio quality is very good. Log in credentials easy to follow

Cons

Getting my camera to turn off after a meeting. I’ve had to restart my computer a few times to get it to turn off

Corporate change

Whitney

Great communication throughout our company

Faster communication, You can text SMS from 8x8, clear notifications

Pros

Our company uses 8x8 messaging and I really enjoy it. It's seamless, there is an app, it's easy to use.

Cons

When connecting from the app, it can take a minute to connect. Some times there are connectivity issues.

Mike

Industry: Environmental Services

8x8 Software

Pros

The system allows us to answer calls from a desk phone, mobile phone or software.

Cons

There were some connection issues in the beginning and we had to work through them.

Cheri

8x8 review

Overall, I have not been satisfied with 8x8 and we plan to use a different system once our contract is up.

Pros

I like that with 8x8 you have the ability to not only access from the office but also from your home computer or the mobile app.

Cons

I have had many issues with 8x8. We have periods where our phone system stops working and I've had to contact the contact center and they have not been able to resolve the issues we have been having.

Jessica

Excellent System for Low Price

Pros

The ease of using the virtual desktop app without the hassel that other phone systems have. Users are able to set their own caller id which is a huge help when needing to change numbers

Cons

The biggest con of all, is the difficulty to add or change virtual numbers. In a call center that has to change numbers often, it is a huge hassle to have to go through the sales rep every time there is a need to make a change.

Albert

March 2016

Excellent Solution

We are a large, global company (over 8,000 employees) with multi location call centers where we have blended agents (inbound, outboud) leveraging 8x8's multi channel VCC solution for IVR, Chat, Email, Screensharing & Video Virtual Agents. We tried a few solutions before 8x8 but none of them lived to expectations. Pros - Scale of solution - Global reach - Reliability - Security - Compliance - Ease of use - Integration with Saleaforce, Oracle, SAP, Zendesk, SugarCRM, Microsoft - Quick, easy implementation - Support (rarely needed) - ACD - Multi Channel (dare I say Omni-Channel) - API with 3rd party data systems - Call recordings - Work Force Management Cons - none

Nick

Helps Keep Up With Calls

Pros

Helps receive and monitor calls on mobile even after hours. This way you can do call backs to keep clients happy. Very good for small business with a lot of time on mobile, busy office or fieldwork.

Cons

Lag in call re-direct to mobile which may be frustrating to clients calling in as well as poor call quality.

Jan

8x8 is ok but FOnality is better

Pros

easy to use as plug and play. can easily set up voicemails. can log in remotely even if outside the network

Cons

very limited features compared to Fonality. Does not have hud software where you can easily chat with other colleagues.

Pretty Good

We use 8x8 in our office and it has been a good experience. We have run into connectivity problems in the past and the support was a bit slow to get things fixed. Typically they would just tell us what the issue was with no solution, but that also is a rarity. Overall it has been a great product and service for our company.

Chase

Used for a while.

Pros

Used this product for a while and overall it worked well but wasnt as fully featured as some products

Cons

Other competitors products have more features and function better when combined with other softwares.

Alan