• Pros

• "The service is great, and the mobile app was best in class"

• "Used this product for a while and overall it worked well but wasnt as fully featured as some products"

• "The functionality on this software is same as mobile phone. Makes calling ease. Best android and ios application compare to other soft phones available in market. "

• Cons

• "Nothing major. The setup size of windows applications is very large, can be reduced. Because the Android and iOS application sizes are small. "

• "There is no 24/7 support and limited phone selection. The queing option is also limited. Other additional features can cost."

• "Other competitors products have more features and function better when combined with other softwares."

Browse Virtual Contact Center by 8x8 Reviews

Annie from Creative Materials Corporation

Industry: Building Materials

Well rounded program

Pros

I love the voicemail feature. Made it easy when you are on the go. And the fax feature. No need for a fax machine with that!

Cons

We had some issues with the phone system but the overall web features were great

Christine from Robert J. Adams & Assocoates

Industry: Law Practice

Good phone alternative

Yesterday I went on the chat to get help in something I messed up. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Customer Support Representative fixed it immediately, she was professional, pleasant and helpful. It was a pleasure to deal with her.

Pros

We first started using 8x8 when we got away from the high price of traditional phone companies. I like that it is internet-based so no need for expensive wiring, easy to move, the ability to forward the phones to a cell phone especially in an emergency, and it allows me to track calls.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to figure out the features. Sometimes the phone has to be reset because of noise interference.

Reasons for Choosing Virtual Contact Center by 8x8

Really at the time, they were the only alternative, so we stayed loyal to them

CHERI from Rancho Del Sur Insurance

8X8 REVIEW

Overall, the issues that we have had outweigh the positives and I don't think we will continue to use them once our contract is up.

Pros

I like that I am able to have calls forwarded to my cell while I am not in the office and that I can call clients from the app and it displays our office number and not my cell.

Cons

I have had several issues with this software that after multiple contacts with customer support have still not been resolved.

Whitney from InSource Solutions

Great communication throughout our company

Faster communication, You can text SMS from 8x8, clear notifications

Pros

Our company uses 8x8 messaging and I really enjoy it. It's seamless, there is an app, it's easy to use.

Cons

When connecting from the app, it can take a minute to connect. Some times there are connectivity issues.

Best in class service, but they gouge you over time

Pros

The service is great, and the mobile app was best in class

Cons

We had outages more than other services and we they quietly hiked out prices overtime and it ended up as a rip off.

Reasons for Choosing Virtual Contact Center by 8x8

We ultimately chose jive for pricing

Hardik from Rahi Systems India Pvt ltd

Virtual Mobile Phone and Best tool for NOC or ITO

We have been using this software from past 10 months. We were using Bria and the application was hanging a lot and our NOC team was missing call which was not accepted. We switched to 8x8 and now number of drop calls has been reduced to extent.

Mike from Momentum Solar

Industry: Environmental Services

8x8 Software

Pros

The system allows us to answer calls from a desk phone, mobile phone or software.

Cons

There were some connection issues in the beginning and we had to work through them.

Cheri from Rancho Del Sur Insurance

8x8 review

Overall, I have not been satisfied with 8x8 and we plan to use a different system once our contract is up.

Pros

I like that with 8x8 you have the ability to not only access from the office but also from your home computer or the mobile app.

Cons

I have had many issues with 8x8. We have periods where our phone system stops working and I've had to contact the contact center and they have not been able to resolve the issues we have been having.

Jessica from Education

Excellent System for Low Price

Pros

The ease of using the virtual desktop app without the hassel that other phone systems have. Users are able to set their own caller id which is a huge help when needing to change numbers

Cons

The biggest con of all, is the difficulty to add or change virtual numbers. In a call center that has to change numbers often, it is a huge hassle to have to go through the sales rep every time there is a need to make a change.

Nick from IMManagers.com

Helps Keep Up With Calls

Pros

Helps receive and monitor calls on mobile even after hours. This way you can do call backs to keep clients happy. Very good for small business with a lot of time on mobile, busy office or fieldwork.

Cons

Lag in call re-direct to mobile which may be frustrating to clients calling in as well as poor call quality.

Tatyanna from Counsel On Call

Very Convenient!

Overall I love 8x8 I truly enjoy the conference calls, the fact I can arrange calls choose the host for other people not only myself! I arrange for my boss to have calls, I receive real time confirmation as to who accepts the invite to join her conference call as well! 8x8 is very convenient, when I hover over an employee's name I am able to tell if they are away, busy , or available. I am also supplied with extension and direct dial. I highly recommend this program, especially for businesses with multiple offices.

Pros

I have caller ID on my computer when a call comes through. It offers the option to video chat. I am able to schedule calls for my director. The calls have the option to be recurring! Super Cool features!

Cons

I do not like that the software rings my computer and my phone simultaneously. There probably is a feature to disable however. I also do not like that when I forward my calls, I do not have a caller Id to know that I am receiving a forwarded call from the office. However, again this could be user error and or my phone's setting. :)

kim from vanguard organization

Perfect Product for our needs

I would recommend them highly for businesses.

Pros

After much research we went with 8x8. Their customer support and ease of use was the deciding factor. After getting everything was imported I had 90 days of unlimited support. They helped me set up the call flows and explained all the terminology that you need to know when going digital.

Cons

We wanted to add out on music on hold. as I have different music for different lines, after much searching by both myself ans support it was determined that the system does not allow for this.

Jonathan from Partner Hero Inc.

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Solid Voice Software

Great overall, the platform allows for some solid customer service and overall voice service, just needs some tweaking when it comes to compatibility but other than that it is a great platform.

Pros

This is great software for voice and customer service, I used it for more than 2 years on a daily basis and it delivered especially when it comes to Out-of-office hours since it records the voicemails and sends them directly into your email's inbox.

Cons

It was a bit clunky during my years of usage but by the tail end of my relationship with this platform it became lighter and lighter, hopefully, the developers have made it a smoother software by this date and time.

Candace from Teacher's Pension

Easy to communicate with my coworkers

Pros

I found that this is nice when working in an office setting. Transferring and tracking calls while working in an office at at home has been easy and reliable. I like that the fax, phone, and messaging are all located in a place where I can see the icons and if they need my attention.

Cons

I wish there way a way for me to take notes in the phone call management screen.

Larry from Mehaffy Weber, PC.

Industry: Law Practice

8x8 is a very reliable program to streamline office communication

Pros

Like that everything (email, fax, telephone) is accessible from you desktop.

Cons

We have only been using 8x8 for a little over a year but I can not recall and negative issues.

it's ok

Pros

Helpful to use on phone, desktop. they just updated the interface which is better than the previous one. looks nice

Cons

Bad quality, dropped calls, not intuitive software

Becky from Principle Skills Relationship Center

Industry: Mental Health Care

Finally found our solution

No more having to switch to personal cell use for business purposes due to current provider down time.

Pros

This VoIP software is what will solve our glitches with what product we are currently using. 99.997% up time, only pay per user, free phone with contract. Mobile office, multiple phones ringing to reach each employee, additional voice mail boxes, and many other features.

Cons

A bit tricky learning a new interface/ order of things to adjust the settings, but can be learned.

used as tool for interoffice communication

Pros

it connected to our phones and made it easy to talk and chat with coworkers. Could click on coworker's name just to call them.

Cons

It seemed like it worked well for the most part. Every now and again it would crash and we wouldn't be able to access our phones or chat.

March 2016

Albert from Copart

March 2016

Excellent Solution

We are a large, global company (over 8,000 employees) with multi location call centers where we have blended agents (inbound, outboud) leveraging 8x8's multi channel VCC solution for IVR, Chat, Email, Screensharing & Video Virtual Agents. We tried a few solutions before 8x8 but none of them lived to expectations. Pros - Scale of solution - Global reach - Reliability - Security - Compliance - Ease of use - Integration with Saleaforce, Oracle, SAP, Zendesk, SugarCRM, Microsoft - Quick, easy implementation - Support (rarely needed) - ACD - Multi Channel (dare I say Omni-Channel) - API with 3rd party data systems - Call recordings - Work Force Management Cons - none

Allows you to take office calls on your mobile on the go

Pros

Using 8x8 means there isn't a need for an office mobile, and it's great for conference calling.

Cons

The settings and lay out take some time to navigate and get used to.

Jan from Fonality

8x8 is ok but FOnality is better

Pros

easy to use as plug and play. can easily set up voicemails. can log in remotely even if outside the network

Cons

very limited features compared to Fonality. Does not have hud software where you can easily chat with other colleagues.

Very glitchy

Pros

In the few occasions this was properly functioning, it was easy to use for our company's internal communications. The messenger portion works fine for what it is.

Cons

The phone portion is extremely glitchy. Calls are often dropped and when they are not there is poor quality for the person on the other end. I had issues where I could not answer calls and if I tried my entire computer would freeze. After multiple times reaching out to the customer service I gave up and stopped trying to use it.

John from Power2Practice

Pretty Good

We use 8x8 in our office and it has been a good experience. We have run into connectivity problems in the past and the support was a bit slow to get things fixed. Typically they would just tell us what the issue was with no solution, but that also is a rarity. Overall it has been a great product and service for our company.

Chase from Firewalls.com Inc.

Used for a while.

Alan

Charlie

jet from Fonality

8x8 a reliable phone solution

Pros

It is also affordable and flexible in terms of pricing. 8x8 is easy to operate and is very scalable. It integrates with a variety of office tools.