Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I love the customer service and the ease of using the product. I use it all day for all sorts of reasons."
  • icon"Our parents love the streamlined process, the features being all in one place from forms/documents to photos, and options for different payment plans."
  • icon"I also like being able to do the billing through the program. The program is so good that it saves my employer money because they only need a part-time registrar."
  • icon"The occasional time it does not work and sometimes I struggle with the custom fields."
  • icon"It will be harder to fight for this product with all the cuts going to happen for next year."

Have you used CampMinder and would like to share your experience with others?

All CampMinder Reviews

Beth

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

CampMinder Rocks!

Kristin

Why I love CampMinder

My overall experience with CampMinder has been A++. I became director in April, so even during the Summer I did not quite know what I was doing on CampMinder and definitely did NOT feel comfortable using it (SO thankful for my tech savvy assistant director). As soon as Summer Sessions ended I started using CampMinder daily and calling when I had questions, whether it's that I have called so much and they have completely walked me through how to use it by now or I just spent time figuring it out myself, I am completely dialed in on this deal and can navigate almost as well as anyone else. A big shoutout is due to the CampMinder staff. So grateful for them. I have recommended CampMinder over and over to Camps on a popular Facebook page "Summer Camp Pros", making sure they know this is THE Camp System of America, no doubt. Thank you CampMinder for all you do for us, Happy Campers here at Kiowa because of you.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the bulletin board full of information I want to see without having to navigate through different tabs. Another HUGE pro is how comfortable I feel to Call customer service/support when I do not know how to do something, they are so nice and soooo helpful.

Cons

This is not an actual con but something I need to improve for myself...There are so many settings I don't remember what to do sometimes to receive the information I am looking for.

Beth

CampMinder Rocks!

My Client Success Manager was extremely helpful and patient during my training. The entire customer service team is friendly, efficient and helpful. When I have a challenging question, they work with me to get an answer. The customer service availability...especially during season, is unbelievable. They are always there to help. The system is easy to use and navigate. We have saved hours of work in organizing and filing paperwork.

Pros

I love that we were able to eliminate paper registration. It was life changing to get rid of paper! No more shuffling through binders of paper to access information. Everything we need to know about a camper is at our fingertips. The parents were thrilled...and next year they just have to update.

Cons

I was able to work around it...but two things I find challenging are... 1. You cannot send more than one or large attachments through CampMinder emails. 2. There is a bit of a steep learning curve in creating reports with the correct selection criteria.

Reasons for choosing CampMinder

I liked that everything was included in the package. I didn't need to choose which modules I wanted to purchase. It's all there and can use any part of it I want. My sales rep was extremely helpful in making sure all my needs were met. The pricing was very competitive.

Reasons for switching to CampMinder

We had an old version of EZ Camp that was not worth updating because of the expense and they were not very responsive in helping with the possible transition. We were looking to move to online registration which our old EZCamp software did not have.

Davis

A Review

Displeased. It has taken several years to get just the beta version of adult registration despite many promises. The greatly advertised unified person record came to be years after other companies had done the same thing. After attending CampMinder Camp two years ago, I felt that the company really likes to talk about how cool and first rate they are but I've just not seen that in reality.

Pros

Customer support is incredible. Probably to the frustration of CampMinder, we very rarely use the built in ticket or community forum features because a phone call always gets the job done in minutes. CampMinder support is willing to walk me through unique reports and troubleshooting very quickly. Seasonal staff on boarding is great.

Cons

On the program side of things, the cabin assignment module is pretty clunky and many of the simple reports require too many steps to be easily taught to seasonal staff. Overall, I think that the program looks and acts like it was made 10 years ago. One of my biggest disappointments is the mobile app. It is so limited in functionality and crashes often. When it works, all it is really able to do is act as a super slow contact information database.

The software that changed everything for the better

It has been phenomenal!

Pros

Prior to CampMinder we had constant complaints from parents about our registration process. More times than not, they would end up calling us to register by phone. Our parents love the streamlined process, the features being all in one place from forms/documents to photos, and options for different payment plans. Our camp fills every year and this would not have been possible without CM. Do you have an amazing program but awful registration process? CampMinder is for you! Our Directors LOVE and rely upon the accessible and extremely helpful customer service and data-ops team. This customer service experience is simply unparalleled.

Cons

I would love to see: -More options for gender -Simply capacity limits for additional options -Better photo options

Reasons for choosing CampMinder

Better all around product but customer service and financial porting options were the real deciding factor.

Reasons for switching to CampMinder

This software was not and could not do what we needed it to.

Krystian

Industry: Individual & Family Services

WOW WOW WOW

We came to CampMinder a few months ago needing a big change in the way we were running our program. CampMinder has completely changed the game and my families are already loving it!

Pros

I love how this software shows me everything I want to know when registering my campers and hiring staff. I feel like I finally know what's going on at all times.

Cons

Nothing, everything so far has been wonderful.

Reasons for choosing CampMinder

I loved the dashboard and reporting features

Reasons for switching to CampMinder

Sandbox did not run reports we needed and was really only compatible for daycares, not a camp like ours.

Lucy

CampMinder does it all!

CampMinder has made our back-end work much more efficient and smooth.

Pros

Applications Forms Campanion - photos and push notifications to families Financial management

Cons

Staff management & hiring - not robust enough. Campanion vs. Camp-In-Touch is confusing to parents.

Reasons for switching to CampMinder

CampMinder had an app for us to use with our families!

Ron

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

CampMinder is the complete product!

As mentioned before, CampMinder covers most all of our needs with applications and forms from our families and staff. The customer support is excellent as well. Not a long wait to talk with someone live most any time, and you can also fill out tickets for support online.

Pros

CampMinder takes care of most of our needs seamlessly. From camper and staff applications to medical forms (and other forms), to skill signups, it does it all! There are even options we don't use, since we are owned by a parent company, but it will do things like background checks for your staff.

Cons

It doesn't yet do other events well, other than summer camp. For example, we have a Father & Son event, a Mother & Daughter event, and a Family Camp event, and although CampMinder has provided us a workaround so that we can schedule those events through CampMinder, it is not a perfect interface. However, I understand they are working on it!

Response from CampMinder

Hi Ron, Thank you for taking the time to review us as we work on updates throughout the system. As you know, we are working on events and Family options and will hopefully be able to make your experience even better in the future.

Replied October 2018

greg

July 2022

I like CampMinder

it's been great!

Pros

i like the ease in whicj i can track financials.

Cons

i like it all. everything is so easy to use. I can find what i need very quickly even on my phone app.

wasnt good enough

Josh

March 2022

CampMinder is a game changer

CampMinder has world class Customer Service. You always get a person, never an automated service or voicemail. During our busy season, they are available 24/7 to everyone on my staff and OUR customers. Can't say enough how impactful this is.

Pros

This software impacts every aspect of our camp business. The ease of registration for parents, the collection and processing of payments and overall interface is great. Throw in their robust reporting platform, new Campanion App and it's everything we need (and more that we didn't know that we needed).

Cons

That we didn't start using it sooner!!!!

Everything listed above.

Dan

Campminder User

Pros

As the Executive Director of a non-profit summer camp and retreat center, I am constantly pulling up data from one of our camper families or donor families (i.e. last time they were here, what programs do they attend or which services they purchase. We have used Campminder as for our registration software for about 10 years now. It is reliable and provides me with the relevant information I need. As with all software, it takes a little bit to learn how to navigate, but we have had excellent customer service and it is a good value for a mid-sized operation. In addition to using their software to register over 3000 campers each summer. We also make good use of their staff onboarding and management tools. We process over 150 applications for seasonal summer jobs through Campminder. Applicants submit their application, W-2s, I-9, and background screening forms, etc., all online through Campminder. If someone is missing paperwork it notifies them. This saves us so much staff time and headache.

Cons

If we could improve one thing about CampMinder: we really wish it would integrate with Zapier to further streamline our marketing and social media efforts.

Dottie

Easy to use platform

Overall, I have enjoyed my experience with Campminder because of how responsive they are to customer feedback. As stated above, the consistency with which they seem to upgrade and fine tune the operational aspects of the program says a lot about them as a company. Every year it gets better or smarter. This is helpful and something that I've come to expect from them now. That there will always be a new feature or two to learn each new season.

Pros

For us in the office the program is great. Easy to use report features, for custom information and camper issues, etc. I get quite a bit of feedback from parents that they find the Campminder system easy to use as well which is important. I love that the folks in charge are consistently working to improve all aspects of the system.

Cons

It doesn't allow us to register our volunteers each week so they are "in the system". It is nice to have all participants print on the same documents and in one place for insurance and other record keeping. I keep working on ways around it...and will figure it out someday.

Response from CampMinder

Dottie, thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy that our customer service is meeting your needs.

Replied August 2020

Phyllis

You Need CampMinder!

Overall CampMinder has been fabulous to use on a daily basis! This software helps us to be efficient, organized, and able to work with our clients to serve their needs. Every aspect of CampMinder is so helpful. It makes my job so easy !

Pros

CampMinder is so intuitive to navigate ! Everything that you need is readily available on this platform to make management of campers, staff, and all of the information that goes with camp life very easy. What I like most is how all of a camper's account is on one screen and you have access to so much information quickly.

Cons

When you do find something that might be missing or needed, you can put in a ticket and CampMinder will address your specific needs. They are available to listening to our organizational issues and always working to make changes that will support.

Response from CampMinder

Phyllis, Making your job easier is absolutely our goal, and it's great to hear that feedback. We can't thank you enough for taking time to share this review. Here's to many more summers together!

Replied September 2021

Samantha

CampMinder is top tier!

Pros

This software is easy for admin use and provides excellent customer service for when you are stuck or just need help. Parents say its easy to use and it provides lots of features like medical, billing, photos, and communication that are essential to making sure our camp runs smoothly.

Cons

Forms to be mobile friendly and be able to upload jpeg and not just pdf.

Reasons for choosing CampMinder

I was not involved in this decision.

Richard

Camp Playland of Redding

The online registration portion of the CampMinder software and our ability to easily accept credit card payments from camp families has helped us manage the registration process. The report writing feature has helped us manage camper rosters. The staff management segments of the program have helped us streamline the hiring process.

Pros

The CampMinder report writing capabilities are very powerful. If there is a field for information, you can generate a report that will access it. The customer support team is exceptional. They know the product and are able to help us utilize it to better manage our camp program.

Cons

At times, it seems like the program was written with residential camps in mind. Over time, though, our requests for more day camp functionality have been heard and acted upon.

Response from CampMinder

Hi Richard, Thanks for your feedback. We're glad to hear the sysetm works well for you and your day camp and we hope we can continue to make more improvements for you and your team.

Replied October 2018