• icon"Our DAM houses all of the images we use in our catalogs and online. I love it's ability to organize and tag image in order to search for them with ease."
  • icon"Ability to convert assets to other formats. Cost is based on space not users, which is helpful in a many-user environment."
  • icon"The DAM interface is quick and easy to use, the reporting capabilities are robust, and the security allows a lot of flexibility."
  • icon"Occasionally can be tricky to find things unless you have the exact product code or if you are looking for some lifestyle shoot imagery of a particular shoe."
  • icon"Finding documentation seems to be difficult. Not sure if it the actual software or if it is the manner is which our company set it up."
  • icon"It is difficult to customize fields and search for previous items could be simplified."

All Widen Collective Reviews

Stewart

I don't know how we lived without Widen's DAM solution before!

This software completely changed our office workflow. Finding assets used to be very painful, but with all of our assets in one location and users connected to the DAM it makes finding things easy for our office, as well as external clients. By empowering our users to find their own assets it frees up our designer time, for things like DESIGN!

Pros

Ease of use, ease of empowerment for the user. I LOVE being able to share collections with clients. And I LOVE when someone asks for an asset, I just add them as a user on Widen, and tell them to find it themselves!

Cons

I'm still waiting for drag and drop functionality with Indesign. A small workflow addition that would make things easier!

Lydia

Industry: Environmental Services

September 2022

Great Digital Asset Management system

Customer service is top notch and we love the software for every day use. Simple to train employees to use it.

Pros

The searchable option and the ability to organize all of our thousands of assets. As well as the ability to download these assets in different file formats.

Cons

If spelling isn’t accurate in the metadata or search bar, it will not be able to find what you are looking for.

Reasons for choosing Widen Collective

Functionality seemed more smooth and easier to personalize

Kala

Time used: Free Trial

November 2010

Widen Collective

The Digital Asset System was put in place to provide easy access to assets owned by Trek Bicycle Corporation for those internally and externally. These assets can be ordered and downloaded at any time of day or night. It's an invaluable tool for our dealers, distributors, and international offices. ' The Media Template is an online ad, and media builder. It allows Trek to control brand consistency, while it allows our users to build media in minutes using pre-approved images and text without the need of expensive software programs. We use this portion of the site to provide promotional items and in store signage to our large dealer base. Overall, I think the Widen collective is a great product and I really enjoy working with Widen.

Pros

Good customer support Robust reporting features Assets can be downloaded in a variety of file formats Various types of file formats are supported Permissions can be setup to protect assets Users can access the site through a standard web browser Media can be built in minutes without needing expensive software programs Assets/media can be ordered and downloaded at any time of day or night Software updates made throughout the year

Cons

Pages can be slow to load at times Reporting tools can be confusing Custom enhancements to the site can be expensive Some education is needed for new users of the site The site is not setup for printing on demand Home page can be confusing if your site includes the DAM and the media builder

Levi

Widen Media Collective (DAM) Review

Pros

Its searchable content. As long as metadata is used, searching for assets is relatively easy.

Cons

Upload process. The Drag/Drop feature was nice! Now I'm forced to go through a wizard. Too time consuming for my liking.

Reasons for switching to Widen Collective

Couldn't search for assets and global collaboration was lacking as a result.

Tanesha

Industry: Restaurants

Great hub for storing and sharing content

We are using it as a one stop shop for our field team to have access to training, resources, selling collateral, company news and other helpful things. We also love that we can quickly update the versions when needed. The team has been less frustrated now that they have 1 place to go.

Pros

I love that I can easily store all of my content in the system, then make a website like portal to share and organize my content in a neat way.

Cons

I wish there was a way to add hyperlinks to Asset Collections so that I can link out to other internal websites within my company or to an eCourse within Workday.

Reasons for switching to Widen Collective

It was hard to give Sharepoint the website like feel that we can get with the portals. It was also cumbersome to update documents to different versions.

Brandon

Industry: Building Materials

The Best Bang for your Buck

My overall experience with Widen has been great. The customer support is always responsive to my needs, and the tool has been a game changer for the marketing team. Widen continually improves the end-user experience, instilling confidence that the program will evolve and get even better with time.

Pros

The marketing team loves the portals, collections, and asset version control.

Cons

The search/filter functionality and the lack of styling on the standard portals.

Reasons for choosing Widen Collective

Widen provided more features at a lower cost compared to Adobe DAM.

Fabio

Industry: Chemicals

Widen Collective - very satisfied

Pros

Product is very easy to use, If i have to send documentation to customer i have just to click on "share" and send the link, avoiding send big attachments by mail. Also search engine is very good!

Cons

At the moment Widen is not integrated with Salesforce, i don't know if is a decision of my Company or if is not possible the integration

Abbas

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Invaluable Resource for Digital Asset Management

Pros

Digital assets are organized very intuitively and can be accessed/downloaded with great ease.

Cons

Searching for specific assets would be made easier if end-users could include additional criteria to narrow down their search (i.e. duration of video assets, file format)

Vipin

Industry: Graphic Design

September 2022

Widen is time saver

Overall experience is good

Pros

The function of drag assets from server and link create automatically is very good option we don't need to download the assets

Cons

Some time it takes too much time when drag the images

Kamlin

Industry: Building Materials

a user

I use all the time to build content for customers.

Pros

I need access to our images in one location. And I need it at any hour, so I don't have to wait on anyone.

Cons

sometimes accurate words entered into the search function don't pull the right files. I'm fine if they pull to much, but when images that should be there are missing, it's frustrating.

Reasons for switching to Widen Collective

Don't know. Corporate decided.

Jeanne

Widen

Overall it has become a great tool for our users and the expansion to house storing certain documenttation in one place is great.

Pros

Widen is a great receptical to all of our imagery for our products. Downloading images from the portal is easy as well

Tommy

Widen Collective is the best Digital Asset Management system I have ever worked with.

Pros

I've used quite a few DAM solutions in the past and Widen is by far the best one I have worked with. The thing that I like the best is the ability to manage the metadata just as easy as it is to manage the assets themselves. On top of that, the ability to assign permissions to access and administer assets by role has proven to be very valuable. We have assets that are only applicable to certain customers, so I can easily manage that through the admin tool. The time that we spent managing assets went from a full-time person's job before implementing Widen to only an hour or so a week once it is up and running. My team has to manage over 15 different categories of assets. Most of those categories are individual brands within our company. Some are segments of the brands. All of that to say that we have sliced up our asset offering in many ways to best serve our customers. By being able to segment those brands, we are able to get the right asset served up quickly in a variety of formats to fit most every need. In addition to that, we can make it so only certain assets can be served to certain customers. All through the use of Widen's "role" and "asset group" functions. We have well over 1000 end-users that we can easily manage.

Cons

The only thing I have an issue with is my inability to customize the home page. From what I can tell, you have to be pretty savvy at HTML to do it right. But, I can say that there are some basic things that you can customize that will make your page on brand by adding logos and customizing the colors of fonts, buttons, etc.

Shelby

Widen is a responsive and powerful DAM with bonus features and very attentive customer service

We are able to archive and distribute thousands of marketing assets to a global audience very efficiently and with a sufficient amount of protection and guidance about proper usage. Portals have allowed teams to communicate out about curated groups of assets and instructions with a single url which has helped their ability to promote the most valuable and up to date marketing assets.

Pros

Assets are served up quickly around the world and it is a very stable platform. When technical issues do arise, they are very communicative about their progress of solving the issue. I like the dedicated customer rep as well as access to new features and feedback through their Trello boards. I also like the ability to extract metadata from image IPTC metadata and map it to our custom fields.

Cons

I like the ability to create portals in order to highlight and add info to curated groups of assets, but there are some weaknesses in portal functionality and portal creation capabilities. It would be ideal to be able to create custom dashboards/homepage without extensive use of html. The current wysiwyg is extremely limited in design/layout capability. We'd like a better way for our users to be able to search for portals.

Reasons for switching to Widen Collective

AEM was not a "real" DAM. It was extremely slow and unreliable, and even with a large amount of customization, was not an acceptable DAM solution. Widen is heads and shoulders better than AEM in every possible sense of DAM--speed, reliability, customer service, admin perspective, user perspective--you name it!

Kelly

Widen Collective Review

From the beginning, I have 100% loved every experience I have encountered with Widen. I absolutely love everything about your company's history and philosophy. Because of such wonderful management, you know how to treat a customer! I always know I can count on your team to help me with my problems and offer solutions in a quick manner. I have attended 2 years of the Widen Summit and get SO much out of the experience. I learn so much and always go home with a notebook full of notes on how to improve my own DAM and my own user's experiences. You all energize me is a way that I never though was possible with image organization and metadata knowledge. LOL! Keep doing what you're doing, this customer is very satisfied.

Pros

Cons

I think the one thing that I struggle with was the update on how to upload images. My retouch artist and I are usually the main uploads, and we enjoyed the drag and drop feature that used to be on our main page instead of having to click through the Upload Wizard.

Reasons for choosing Widen Collective

Widen's presentation of how the service worked connected all the dots on what we were looking for. It seemed so much more user friendly than the other presentations we sampled. The search feature blew us away and we knew because of that - that we needed to go with Widen.

Barbara

Widen Collective - a True Leader in the Field!

Our challenge was that duplicate files were everywhere. Our employees had no idea what assets were current or expired - so image and logo requests were constantly directed to the Creative Department cutting into valuable time for designing. By purchasing a DAM system, we were able to centralize our assets, and provide users, controlled access to the most current files which, in turn, maximized productivity and efficiencies. In addition – our global offices are now connected with the most up-to-date materials they need, in any time zone, which has improved the current process. You will find that the customer service is amazing. Widen's team will help guide you through all of your challenges to ensure you build a successful DAM. In addition, once your system is built – Widen continues to build a relationship with you - providing full support even after the on-boarding process is complete. They are dependable, accountable and extremely customer focused.

Pros

The DAM interface is quick and easy to use, the reporting capabilities are robust, and the security allows a lot of flexibility. In addition - we love the Portals - which allows us to provide assets to our non users.

Cons

Knowing that a DAM is customized to your company’s needs, I'm not going to lie – implementing a DAM system can be grueling and a lot of work. But that’s the beauty of a DAM – as your company grows, your DAM can also grow and be customized to reflect changes and future needs.

Nick

September 2016

We love WIDEN

We've been using WIDEN's DAM for about three years now to organize and distribute marketing deliverables to other internal departments like sales, development, etc. It makes it so easy to have a single, definitive location to find marketing-related assets. People don't have to wonder where to look to see if they have the latest version of an asset. And we don't have to worry about people accessing things they shouldn't. It also cuts down a lot on the requests we get day to day, because folks know where to go to find things themselves. And the support team at WIDEN is awesome and super friendly and helpful whenever we do have to reach out to them (which isn't that often because their product is great!).

Pros

It makes keeping things organized (which is a complicated job) super easy.

Cons

It works really, really well, but as with any asset management tool, there is ongoing maintenance and auditing that has to take place. That can get tedious at times, but we realize that it has to be done to keep things current, delete outdated/redundant assets, or just to check things that might have been uploaded with incorrect metadata, for instance.

Lauren

September 2016

Great DAM solution!

One of the best things about Widen is their customer support. Every team member I've interacted with has been incredibly knowledgable and genuinely wants to help me. For example, I had a vision for our Dashboard page, and I wasn't sure how to achieve it myself because it involved a fair amount of coding. One of the customer support staff worked (very patiently) with me to literally build my vision. I even hand drew a picture and emailed it to him so he could see what I wanted. Thank you Tyson Purcell! So whether it's through the vast information on the Support Page, the direct chat, or emailing or talking with very responsive Widen staff, I have found a solution to just about all of the problems I have encountered. It's not just admin who love Widen, our users have told us how easy it is to use to search and share assets.

Pros

I love that it is cloud-based and you can access it from any computer, phone or tablet. It's super easy to create collections and share media with internal and external clients.

Cons

Some of the features need updating in my opinion. I have asked several times for certain changes that I'm sure I'm not the only one to encounter.