• icon"Also, it gives the chance for customizing orders for the kitchen and invoices for the customers."
  • icon"The separate Private, Invoice, and BEO Notes sections are very helpful. The Banquet Event Order Report is perfect to give our kitchen to prep for events."
  • icon"This package encompassed all of our needs without being as bulky and expensive as competitors. Better Cater's support staff have always listened and made quick modifications to better suit our needs."
  • icon"There's no report for total number of events in a custom time period (for example is the events list report had a sum at the bottom). Have to manually count up number of events."
  • icon"The lack of features my company needed. Needed more reports/better reporting."
  • icon"There is no customer facing side, so customers must be emailed all invoices and BEOs separately."

Browse all Better Cater Reviews

• Have you used Better Cater and would like to share your experience with others?

Tim

Better than the others

Been using it for three years and we do a ton of catering and special events. It works great for us! Don't spend a ton of cash on others when better cater is a great option and cost effective

Pros

Ease of use and simplicity for smaller companies that don't need something as intense as caterease.

Cons

I wish there was a mobile app and a better way to sync the calendar

Cost and ease of use

Cara

Good, Easy to Use Product

We can very easily track a project from proposal to completion with seeing proposals sent, checking email bounce backs, payments made, remaining balances due, and closing out the event.

Pros

It's a very easy product to use. You can either build the back-end completely with menus or build as you go. We like the customize functions that you can create any menu item while you're creating a new project (you don't have to leave and go back to the home page). The calendar function with color key and filter is great to see the big picture and upcoming events. It also connects to our Gmail calendar. Better Cater is willing to add custom fields such as Manage Rooms. The separate Private, Invoice, and BEO Notes sections are very helpful. The Banquet Event Order Report is perfect to give our kitchen to prep for events. There are so many features that we don't utilize all of them. Overall it has great value.

Cons

We have several locations so we have to create separate accounts for each location. It would be great if we could toggle between locations without needing to log out and log into a different account. There's no report for total number of events in a custom time period (for example is the events list report had a sum at the bottom). Have to manually count up number of events. Would love if a spellcheck function was added on. Wish there was an option to send a final invoice without the contract language (without needing to delete it from the event). The pre-discount calculation is very confusing in how it's implemented. Our customers would love a digital signature feature added on the proposal. If Better Cater had a method for accepting credit card payments it would be perfect.

Reasons for choosing Better Cater

BetterCater had more functions at a better price point than other products.

Great for beginners, lacks features for pros

It was great for getting me started. The cost is lower than competitors, which made it an easy choice for using while launching our business. We grew out of it, though, and their support and dev team really showed no signs of advancing the product any time soon.

Pros

Overall ease of use. There's not much to the application, and what is there is very easy to navigate through and use. Well worth the price if what they offer is what you need.

Cons

The lack of features my company needed. Needed more reports/better reporting. Emailing and customizing proposals from the system was not easy and didn't look that great. Needs a more comprehensive recipe/ingredient management program.

The price was right

Jodi

Made the switch

We made the switch from Caterease to Better Cater about 2 1/2 years ago. The system was easy to learn and use. It is great- I can sign on from any computer or phone and access all of my accounts. They are great to work with for any questions you may have. They are constantly implementing updates for ease of use. We are happy with Better Cater- the yearly fee is much more realistic then the larger companies out there who offer the same or less.

Pros

Ease of use and mobile ability. Cost effective

Cons

The only con I have about Better Cater is that I would like to be able to move around the (change the order) of the Event Menus.

Price point

Reasons for switching to Better Cater

Caterease was pricy for the same options

Sullivan

Industry: Restaurants

This site stands for its name "Better Cater"

To make this short I will say this way, Better Cater is my main tool to communicate customer with the kitchen staff, and it does it smoothly.

Pros

As a daily user of this software, I can surely say I like the fact of how easy is to organize and communicate with customers. Also, it gives the chance for customizing orders for the kitchen and invoices for the customers.

Cons

There is not an app. Yikes! I would love to have this thing on my phone also or at least the website to be mobile friendly. I would love to have Better Cater with me everywhere I go

Jerry

Better Cater Review

I don't know what I would have done without this incredible software! Trust me, I searched them all & was so happy Better Cater was available. It's the best & easiest way to streamline your catering jobs.

Pros

The ease and ability to enter, price, invoice, email & print my catering jobs.

Cons

My only dislike was in the Quantity section - it was a little hard to keep then consistent.

Reasons for choosing Better Cater

The ease of use, the price and the almost immediate service techs.

Mary

Great Program, easy to use

Pros

This program has been so valuable for our busy golf course along with many small and large catering events that we do. It has been so helpful in staying organized and sending emails back and forth with clients along with the invoices is incredibly easy.

Cons

I am not sure there is anything that I am not happy with about this software, it has taken care of all our needs.

Responsive and flexible

Pros

Cons

The software will log me out even if one of my staff just checks our availability or schedule on another platform. Maybe the user count should be based upon on ability to modify.

Dawn

Catering Software Review

Everything has been easier, less time consuming with Better Cater, I did purchase caterese it was not easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use, ease customer support, menus and lists are available at your finger tips

Cons

Would like Kitchen Report to include beverages or notes rentals should be a check off list instead of trying to remember everything.

Shahen

Good product, easy to use!

Pros

It's very streamlined and easy to use. Very user friendly.

Cons

I would like the option to change the status of multiple events at the same time. I don't like that I have to sit and do it one by one. Very time consuming.

Carol

Good service

I like better cater. It has helped me streamline my business and really give it the total professional look. I like that I can access it from anywhere, whether I am out shopping to putting together a bid for a client on the spot - its very convenient. There have been some issues though with the delivery of my proposals - their software if often sensed as spam and I have had NUMEROUS instances where my bids are not being received in a timely manner. This has been a detriment to me. I also wish I could get it to be synced with my quick books, which would make bookkeeping much easier and faster.

Pros

It is easy to use

Cons

cant sync with quickbooks

Joshua

Took our catering business to the next level.

Pros

Great way to organize our job calendar. Works great to organize and categorize all of our menu options, customers and invoices.

Cons

Invoices are professional looking but it would be nice to customize the look more. It would also be nice to have an app to quickly check the calendar without have to log in on a mobile browser.

Yolanda

I have had a wonderful experience with BC. I have been with them for over a year and I love them.

Central location for my clients information, Recipes, Quotes and product database

Pros

Easy to use, professional quotes and the ability to add attachments and store all of my clients in one place. I can also look back on past orders which make it easy when a client requests a duplicate order.

Cons

I wish they had suggestions on measurements in the recipe sections and the ability for clients to respond directly into the program instead of a separate email.

Beth

Efficiency

Pros

This program is so easy to use and very explainable to customers. I really like the way it is broken down into sections for their review.

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like. I like the software

Lauren

Organized my daily routine

Better cater has benefited our business in multiple ways.

Pros

Better Cater has helped organize my daily routine and my ordering for my restaurant. It’s streamed line my daily, weekly, and monthly procedures.

Cons

Better cater takes time to set up, but once you have it set up initially it’s not hard to edit

Sirota

It seemed great at first, but lack of customization and flexibility is frustrating.

Pros

Very easy to set up and get started on it. Had cancelled Caterease as it was too clunky and difficult by comparison. I like being able to message a question and get a quick reply if the hours are right.

Cons

NO CUSTOMIZATION AT ALL. I have been asking for the ability to make event specific modifications to menu items for a while but have not seen any updates. Report generating is very lackluster - Kitchen Report doesn't include beverages or notes (BTW - Customer Support told me I can print beverages on the shopping list. Thanks, but we make out lemonade from scratch). I don't like the rental interface as I have to remember everything to include vs. looking off a list and checking a box, etc. I miss a lot of items this way. You can't apply a percentage discount... why? Makes no sense. These all seem like relatively simple fixes but when asked customer support, they tell me it will be discussed with the development team. Every time I notice an issue like the ones listed (there are many others), I mention it to customer support and get the same canned response. When I asked if they are working on any of the issues I have been bringing up, this was the reply: "those features have been mentioned to our development team but we develop features based on what most customers need and I can't guarantee those features will be chosen by our development team." I don't think anything I have asked about is out of line.

Chad

Time used: Free Trial

April 2015

Better Cater - The best software system for growing catering operations, hands down!

The user friendliness of Better Cater is amazing! I was able to prepare professional proposals in minutes vs hours from my previous in house process, on the first day I started using Better Cater. This in turn allowed me to generate more business with less effort and time. My business was just myself and my assistant and now we have a staff of 20 including an Executive Chef, Special Events Manager and Business Manager. As a matter of fact, Dash and a Handful Catering is running so smoothly, I just bought a restaurant! Also, I can not say enough about the tech support. As I starting using Better Cater, I found I had a need for certain information to further streamline my business and gather information. I would pose my need to the support team and they were amazing! They would literally go to work and generate another report that offered me the information I requested. Better Cater listens to the needs of their clients and reacts! I would recommend their software system to any catering operation, from a startup to an existing operation looking to streamline the proposal and reporting process. Thanks Better Cater Team!

Kevin