• icon"I really like the ability to customize the program for your unique needs."
  • icon"Awesome customer service and great training available. Video tips are always accessible to learn a new feature or to review how to do something."
  • icon"It is easy to use and reports are easy to obtain. I really love this software."
  • icon"Because I use the prints templates, I am limited to the customization of them. I know I could make my own prints so this is a very small inconvenience."
  • icon"Logging in and lack of mobile availability: From a PC, you have to log into a citrix client before accessing your application."

Browse all Caterease Reviews

• Have you used Caterease and would like to share your experience with others?

Mary-Louise

Enhance your Inhouse System by using Caterease

Software has enabled me to double my business without adding extra support staff. It forces me to answer questions about my events ahead of time so when the event date arrives, I am fully prepared.

Pros

Well thought out! Software can be customized to do just about anything. It is easy to use - learning curve is approximately 6 weeks to become very comfortable with it. A myriad of reports to choose from and customize. Absolutely the best customer service of any software I've purchased. Very quick and clear response time, Questions are answered within a day. Phone and email support unrivaled. Developer is willing to work with End user.

Cons

1. Mouse scroll! I use this program at least 6 hours/day; finding those hiding scroll bars and scrolling is continually frustrating and annoying, especially when the detail grids are expanded. The program looks like Outlook and acts like Outlook with the exception of this feature. 2. Recommendation for data entry: In some places 'tab' gets you to the next column, and in some places it's 'down/up' arrow. Often frustrating to remember which to use. It's a waste of time to use your mouse when the 'tab' would do. I would recommend that this feature be streamlined so it's always either 'tab' or 'arrow' key (mouse still available, of course).

Response from Caterease

Mary-Louise - thank you for the wonderful review. I just wanted to tell you that you can disable the hidden scrollbar feature in your local preferences window. So sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused you.

Replied August 2018

Melissa

The name says it all! Caterease has put the Ease into our Catering Operations

One of the biggest benefits to Caterease is all there integrations. From credit card processing with Vantiv to event staff scheduling and communication with Nowsta to EASY, STRESS FREE online ordering setup through Zuppler, Caterease has centralized multiple outside operations of our catering company into one place. This alone has cut our time it takes to prepare, schedule and collect payment for every event we create in half, if not more. Caterease has boosted our business operations and continues to help in our growth on a daily basis.

Pros

The customization of EVERY ASPECT of Caterease is one of the reasons why we love it so much. Everything can be made to suit your individual businesses needs. You can use their basic templates for prints such as contracts, receipts, billing statements and more or create your own with whatever information you would like. Every single bit of information can be displayed or removed from prints. Anything!! You can even customize your screen views. We have 6 different users linked to our Caterease and each users desktop/window views are customized down to the theme color. We have 2 divisions to our catering company, one is rather simple and the other is very complex. We have one user set up for the simple division and have cut out 80% of the features Caterease offers from that users display because we do not use them with that division so now, those features that we use for the complex catering side don't clutter up or confuse our simple home meal delivery user. The reports and query features are amazing. You can pull a report or query for literally any piece of information the you want. Want a query of all events that had more than 20 peoples worth of rice pilaf in the month of June 2 years ago, its one click away with Caterease. I've been in the catering business for 10+ years and Caterease is hands down the best Catering Software out there if you want to make things your own and customized to your business. I could go on for days about why I love Caterease!

Cons

Because it is so big and customizable, it does take a while to set up. You can come into it new and work off templates and be just fine but if you want to really take advantage of all the great features Caterease has, be ready to spend some time setting it up. Although it may take some time to setup, once you do, you are all set! With the endless video tutorials and help center articles, you have everything you will need to set things up your way.

Reasons for switching to Caterease

TPP did not even come close to the customization ability or integrations that Caterease has. We worked with TPP for many frustrating years and I am so happy that we switched to Caterease. One of the worst parts of TPP is the fact that you can not delete anything. Once its entered into an event, its there, in the system forever. This, over the years, created a huge jumbled crazy mess of a program that became beyond annoying to work with. Businesses grow and menus change and TPP just did not get that memo.

Outdated and not worth the money

I found over my two years with Caterease, the very tool I purchased had become more of a chore than a tool. Nothing about the application made my job easier. I spent more time inputting ingredients, menus, recipes, events, emails, and clients than I'd ever like to admit, and at the end of two years nothing ingredients didn't calculate on menus correctly, menus didn't calculate recipes correctly, and all of their templates for emails/prints/reports look like garbage.

Pros

Not much, really. Other than than storing contacts, there was not a single facet in Caterease that made the system easy to use for the end user what-so-ever. I would have been better off tracking events, ingredients, and inventory in Google Sheets for free instead of paying $1800 a year for Caterease.

Cons

From the top: Logging in and lack of mobile availability: From a PC, you have to log into a citrix client before accessing your application. You can have the fastest PC on the planet and still have to rely on the speed of their Citrix server to get anything done (which isn't the best.) There is also a VERY bare-bones mobile "companion" app that is almost useless. You cannot add clients or events, adjust the calendar, etc. The only thing you can do is view your current calendar and contact list. And to make it worse, it doesn't store your password AND they have a forced password reset EVERY TWO WEEKS. The application itself: It's very dated and not user friendly. What should take minutes takes upwards of an hour. Want to copy and paste inside the app? That's going to cost you $600 more a year for the "professional" version. Yes, you cannot copy, duplicate, or paste an event without paying for premium service. I already was paying $1800 a year, that's an insane markup for basic functionality. Everything looks like it was made in the Windows 98 era, and hasn't been updated since. Reporting: Reporting is a joke. Very limited, very complicated, and overall useless. Again, unless you pay more! Printing and emailing: Because the application runs through Citrix, printing is very complicated (even worse with wireless printing). Emails, you can create emails directly from Caterease, but it's a gamble if the email sends the caterease-generated attachment.

Reasons for choosing Caterease

I don't know, but it was a mistake.

Reasons for switching to Caterease

I switched from Better Cater to Caterease hoping to spend less time and effort on admin tasks. Better Cater worked fine for what it was, but lacked features. Caterease promised more features, and then managed to mess up every single one of them to the point of being useless. I've switched to Curate and will never look back. It was a lateral move, I didn't spend any more or less money moving from Caterease to Curate. However, Curate is intuitive, user friendly, and the product support staff is on point.

Response from Caterease

Unfortunately, there is a lot of inaccuracy in this post. First, Caterease utilizes the most current Windows technology. While this customer might not like Windows in general, a quick look at any video on our website shows that program screens perfectly reflect Windows 10 design. More importantly, there is no truth to the description here of features: passwords are controlled by the user and NEVER reset; copying is indeed included and offers more options than any other program; reporting is robust and the most substantial in the industry; printing and emailing are seamless. Obviously, in his frustration with Windows this customer just assumed facts that are not true. Please visit our website or contact our team to see the real program in action. We have only 1000 words to reply here, but a 5 minute webinar can demonstrate that all of these assertions are categorically false. We hope you'll see for yourself.

Replied March 2020

Todd

Very Powerful, can do a lot, but too much for my needs

Caterease kept all of my work schedule running smoothly, it was a bit of a pain for inventory tracking but it can be done.

Pros

Caterease has a ton of options and easy to get information out of it as long as you are a subscriber. The Subscription is pretty steep but if you are doing 6 and 7 figures in sales it is worth it. I am a small shop it was too much for what i needed.

Cons

The Price is too steep for my shop. I have found other software providers but there are some short comings i have to deal with.

Reasons for choosing Caterease

I used Caterease for 8 years then switched mostly because the price was getting to be too much for what it returned.

Kristen

July 2022

Good Event Management Tool

Pros

Easy to enter prospects, create proposals and manage clients.

Cons

Some of the reporting tools are lacking, email blasts to groups are limited and the software doesn't seem to be able to evolve as quickly as it should.

Niklaus

Caterease is powerful and there's a lot to it.

Pros

The sheer amount of features with Caterease is astounding. There is so much it can do from scheduling and pricing events to inputting menu items, and much more! The integrated tutorials are helpful.

Cons

The interface isn't as intuitive as I would like. It seems like it's in need of a facelift. I feel like we maybe use 20% of all the features we're able to use.

Response from Caterease

Niklaus, Thank you for your comments about our program. We pride ourselves in the robust collection of features we offer to satisfy the needs of any catering and event planning operation. We also deliberately design our program to mirror the functionality of the most common Office applications ¿ to keep the learning curve small. From our records, it seems you are using a version of Caterease that is many years old. There is no charge at all for your company to update ¿ and take advantage of new design options as well as a host of powerful new features! I think you will really like the look and feel of this latest version, which reflects the modern design of other Windows 10 applications. Feel free to contact our help desk today and anyone there will be able to assist you.

Replied July 2018

Marie

Caterease is customizable and easy to use on the go!

Pros

How customizable it is! We were really able to take the software and use it how it best suited and helped our company. And each of our Sales Team can customize their screens and views to how it best suits their day-to-day needs. The Caterease team constantly provides updates and strives to better fit everyone's needs. We recently switched to the web-based server and it makes a huge difference for our Sales Team.

Cons

As with any software, there are bugs/glitches, etc. but the support teams works quick to fix them and update the software with changes.

Danielle

Industry: Restaurants

Caterease in Event Planning

Overall, Caterease is a blessing in the event planning industry. From detailed client reports, to custom event prints, it truly covers all the bases and helps things to run more smoothly!

Pros

I like the fact that you can practically customize your Caterease; meaning you can easily add, subtract, and adjust drop-down menu options, event prints, and filters. It helps in making it more user-friendly according to my specific restaurant. Caterease also keeps me organized and helps me to avoid making costly mistakes such as double-booking or forgetting a menu item. I also enjoy it being directly linked to my email, to promptly send clients necessary documents.

Cons

I feel that the Caterease program tends to be a lot to look at and can get overwhelming if you do not know how to use it to its fullest potential. There are many tips and tricks you might not know about without reading through the large user's manual or getting proper training.

Elise

The Caterease software is easy to use and perfect for our needs at Indian Ridge Country Club.

The ability to clearly communicate while standardizing information that is distributed to a number of departments within our country club.

Pros

Ease of use. I also appreciated the responsiveness of the sales team when our Club requested to update from outdated version to current version 18.

Cons

I am pleased with the software, which I use daily. If I could make one change, I wish all the fields allowed us to change font style and size.

Monica

April 2022

HR's perspective

Caterers is the hub of the business. All staff have access to the platform and use it to improve communication. Can't do business without Caterease!

Pros

I use Catereasr daily to add and archive staff, verify schedules and presence, pulling reports and communicating with all team members at the same time. Caterers is easy to use, intuitive and customer service is superior!

Cons

More customized views, staff information options

Customer service, referrals

sarah

Industry: Restaurants

Not User Friendly

It helps to create a proposal to send to the client for the bagged lunches we sell and to create a kitchen detail that gives them the quantities and information they need to make the food.

Pros

There is not really that I like much about this software. I think that there are some benefits for our catering sales team (some kind of link between staffing/labor and the software or other features for ease of use) but they generally do not apply to the way I use the software. I normally use it at least once a month but I am not as familiar as them with the ins and outs. It does make a decent looking proposal to send to the client and creating it on my end is simple.

Cons

It is not intuitive at all. The buttons are in weird place and very small with tiny little icons. It opens so many windows at a time just to complete a simple task and in general with everything you do there are so many steps involved. Within the windows there are more windows with little scroll bars everywhere and everything is cut off unless you enlarge the window and it just gets confusing and messy. You have to save everything you do along the way so if you accidentally close out one of your 5 windows you loose your work. Even starting the program takes about 6 different steps. Every screen just looks really outdated and isn't user friendly. It is not easy to search for events. You can't put in the actual date. You just have to click next week or next month so if your company has lots of events you will be scrolling for awhile. Creating your event details menu lines is also annoying. If you don't put them in exactly the order you want the first time dragging and moving them later is much harder than you would think.

Reasons for switching to Caterease

The company thought it would integrate better with staffing/labor reports I believe

Response from Caterease

We wanted to contact you, but cannot find any company or user with the name you have listed. Please contact us and we can absolutely help you out. Screen displays and tool bars can be customized by each company using the program. If you are experiencing scrollbars, etc., someone on your team likely redesigned screens in a way that doesn't suit you. This can be changed and locked down. Caterease also DOES NOT make you save things along the way. We are renowned in the industry for how we handle multi-tasking. Contact us with examples and we can help! You are also able to search by a specific date and drag/drop menu items (and other details!). We also offer customizable wizard tools that even make the entire event-booking process three simple steps. Candidly, after reading your post and not being able to find your company in our records, I was almost wondering you were talking about be a completely different program! Please contact us and we can transform your experience!

Replied August 2019

Danny

I Never Want For Anything

I really do love this system. You can check overlapping of events.. it has flags that identify each event as "Tentative" if they have not yet committed, "Definite" if they have and other important markers. You can customize HOW you want to see or view most things. I really could not imagine that anyone would not just love this system.

Pros

It covers just about anything you could want it to do. There have only been a few things ever I wished it could do and it couldn't. It is easy to use and reports are easy to obtain. I really love this software.

Cons

No Quickbooks interface. It would be nice to be able to transfer an invoice into the accounting system. Instead, I literally have to re-type every event over again into Quickbooks. This can be frustrating when you are receiving deposits or payments on events that are two or three years down the road and need to enter the event to apply the payment to it; along with all of the other daily invoices you have to do. And then keep up with all the menu / rental / room changes and updating THOSE in quickbooks. I do wish the notes and comments section on events would automatically place the initials of whom ever made the comment and the DATE . This could be tied to your log in. Often times there could be 3 or 4 people working on an event and if they forget to put their name.. and the date.. you dont know who they are. Also anyone can CHANGE or EDIT another persons notes or comments which I dont like. There is an "audit report" you can produce that will tell you who did what... but its not that easy to read and it takes some experience of looking at it to understand what the report is telling you.

Response from Caterease

Danny, thank you for the nice review. I do want you to know that we DO have an awesome interface with both Quickbooks desktop and Quickbooks online. One click and you can send information to Quickbooks one event at a time or in batch. Please call your sales representative and they will set you up with it.

Replied August 2018

Sol

The program has revolutionized the ability to move from Mom & Pop to Corporate Seamlessly.

The software has changed my life and given me thousands of hours of time to better manage my business and my employees. Caterease has allowed me to take many companies from paper and pen to the cloud. Caterease has put many of my clients businesses back in their control.

Pros

The ease of use and windows familiar aspects of Caterease are perfect. Mark and the sales team have helped me as a food service consultant serve many of my clients needs. Customer Support is always available and knowledgeable. The software is not just a program but a catering operational system. I am able to customize so many parts that makes the system adapt to any company with comfort. I started using caterease years ago and the company has made updates many times and has made it exciting to look forward to. Years ago i would spend countless days and weeks making complex spreadsheets to calculate so many informational needs that i had to repeat weekly. Caterease has been built with so much functionality that my weekly repetitive work has dropped down to almost zero and my time as well as my employees time has spiked in productivity. This Software is priceless!!!!

Cons

What i like least about the software was that i had little access to information on events without my computer!! BUT they recently released the Caterease APP.... Now me and my team access event info on our phones and cant be happier.

Clarence

Caterease has the best customer service!!

This software produces professional proposals, contracts, and invoices with ease that my staff and the clients love. It also produces very specific paperwork that helps my culinary team and event staff produce and orchestrate the best events possible. The friendly, efficient customer service at Caterease is exceptional!

Pros

We have used this amazing catering software for over 24 years! It has grown and evolved with the industry over the years and remains the best catering software on the market - that I have ever seen. This product pays for itself and the cloud based version allows my staff to work on the fly from any venue, which saves time and money. My staff loves using the Caterease program. The help desk is always friendly, efficient, knowledgeable, and far exceed my expectations of customer service in today's market. They truly go the extra mile!!

Cons

I do not have any cons for this product or the support staff - give it a try - you, your staff and your clients will be glad you did!

Response from Caterease

Thank you, Clarence, for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with Caterease. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. You get five stars in our book, as well!

Replied May 2018

Candi

Makes my job so much easier!

Pros

This software is fabulous - you can access your program from anywhere in the world when you have Caterease Connect. The reports/queries are easy to manipulate to find the requested data. The engineers listen to our specific needs - requests show up in the next build! The software is VERY simple to use and can be customized for specific needs. The mobile app is great to check upcoming events on the fly. You can run a query to see how much of each item on your menu you've sold for a certain period of time, the forecast what the change in revenue would be if pricing increases/decreases. You can compare sales for a certain month /period to previous years, forecast future time periods and more. The time savings is phenomenal. What used to take hours can be produced in minutes. Our company has used Caterease for so long, I don't know how we would function without it.

Cons

The ONLY problem I have is sometimes tech support doesn't answer the phone because they are tied up on another call. BUT, emailing the support desk usually gets an answer quickly.

Caterease Connect helped bring our events process into the 21st century!

Pros

I love the versatility of this software. It allows you to input information once and send it to many. It also provides real time reports, invoicing and event orders with one click! Because we use the web based software, I can access it anywhere I have internet connection or phone service. It allows smooth exporting to the calendar that our entire organization uses and allows others to read or print any set up information they need. Since it is similar to Microsoft office in it's layout, it is very user friendly from the beginning. Service has been outstanding. with the chat feature and emails and FAQ sections for technical assistance there is virtually no wait time when you need help.

Cons

Only 2 things I don't like: There is sometimes a lag when Google updates are released for Caterease to catch up. This causes headaches with my public event calendar. To run caterease you have to have citrix installed and that can conflict with some programs causing your computer operation to slow down. (Especially with older models.)

Great product that makes business easier.

It makes our work easier.

Pros

The software is great overall! It interfaces with so many different programs, and it's been a huge help that makes our job easier. There is always more to learn about the software, so it's nice to keep adding to the list of abilities. In the past, we used two different programs for booking and invoicing, so it's a huge time saver. Our team only has to make updates once, so it minimizes potential for error.

Cons

I've had a support ticket for what seems like a simple fix in for a few months, and haven't really received much feedback on it. Also, if there is an issue with the interface, the support staff for each different software says that it is a problem with the other software, so that has been a little difficult.

Response from Caterease

David - Thank you for the kind words! According to our records, you seem to be using a fairly old version of our program. As you probably know, your updates are completely free - and I have confirmed that the feature you requested will indeed be included in our next release (in testing now). As a matter of fact, we improved upon the request by adding a couple of options! Thanks again! Chris Kopriva Caterease Software

Replied March 2018