• Pros

• "This saves so much time and basically pays for itself in the end! I love all the customizable features available and I recommend this to any event company/coordinator!"

• "It is incredibly convenient to help run my business out of. Having everything in one place makes life so much easier."

• "I love the ability to pull simple reports quickly and permission settings. "

• Cons

• "As with any software, there are bugs/glitches, etc. but the support teams works quick to fix them and update the software with changes."

• "the tracing function was in need of improving but the programs itself updates and adapts frequently "

• "On site training is very expensive. However, we have found the website and support desk can help us through most questions and training for free."

Browse Caterease Reviews

Mary-Louise from Helvi's Catering

Enhance your Inhouse System by using Caterease

Software has enabled me to double my business without adding extra support staff. It forces me to answer questions about my events ahead of time so when the event date arrives, I am fully prepared.

Pros

Well thought out! Software can be customized to do just about anything. It is easy to use - learning curve is approximately 6 weeks to become very comfortable with it. A myriad of reports to choose from and customize. Absolutely the best customer service of any software I've purchased. Very quick and clear response time, Questions are answered within a day. Phone and email support unrivaled. Developer is willing to work with End user.

Cons

1. Mouse scroll! I use this program at least 6 hours/day; finding those hiding scroll bars and scrolling is continually frustrating and annoying, especially when the detail grids are expanded. The program looks like Outlook and acts like Outlook with the exception of this feature. 2. Recommendation for data entry: In some places 'tab' gets you to the next column, and in some places it's 'down/up' arrow. Often frustrating to remember which to use. It's a waste of time to use your mouse when the 'tab' would do. I would recommend that this feature be streamlined so it's always either 'tab' or 'arrow' key (mouse still available, of course).

Response from Caterease

Replied August 2018

Mary-Louise - thank you for the wonderful review. I just wanted to tell you that you can disable the hidden scrollbar feature in your local preferences window. So sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused you.

Melissa from Everyday Gourmet, LLC

The name says it all! Caterease has put the Ease into our Catering Operations

One of the biggest benefits to Caterease is all there integrations. From credit card processing with Vantiv to event staff scheduling and communication with Nowsta to EASY, STRESS FREE online ordering setup through Zuppler, Caterease has centralized multiple outside operations of our catering company into one place. This alone has cut our time it takes to prepare, schedule and collect payment for every event we create in half, if not more. Caterease has boosted our business operations and continues to help in our growth on a daily basis.

Pros

The customization of EVERY ASPECT of Caterease is one of the reasons why we love it so much. Everything can be made to suit your individual businesses needs. You can use their basic templates for prints such as contracts, receipts, billing statements and more or create your own with whatever information you would like. Every single bit of information can be displayed or removed from prints. Anything!! You can even customize your screen views. We have 6 different users linked to our Caterease and each users desktop/window views are customized down to the theme color. We have 2 divisions to our catering company, one is rather simple and the other is very complex. We have one user set up for the simple division and have cut out 80% of the features Caterease offers from that users display because we do not use them with that division so now, those features that we use for the complex catering side don't clutter up or confuse our simple home meal delivery user. The reports and query features are amazing. You can pull a report or query for literally any piece of information the you want. Want a query of all events that had more than 20 peoples worth of rice pilaf in the month of June 2 years ago, its one click away with Caterease. I've been in the catering business for 10+ years and Caterease is hands down the best Catering Software out there if you want to make things your own and customized to your business. I could go on for days about why I love Caterease!

Cons

Because it is so big and customizable, it does take a while to set up. You can come into it new and work off templates and be just fine but if you want to really take advantage of all the great features Caterease has, be ready to spend some time setting it up. Although it may take some time to setup, once you do, you are all set! With the endless video tutorials and help center articles, you have everything you will need to set things up your way.

Brent from Douglas Production Group

Effective Management Tool

CataerEase is an all in one tool to manage every part of your business.

Pros

The ability to manage all aspects of an organization through one tool is a valuable feature that sets CaterEase apart from the rest.

Cons

Learning curve to get started was a bit more than I expected but through trial and error, training and provided resources, I was up and running in no time.

Reasons for Choosing Caterease

Price, ability to have multiple users, inventory features, contract features.

Mark from Catering by Katherine

Outdated and not worth the money

I found over my two years with Caterease, the very tool I purchased had become more of a chore than a tool. Nothing about the application made my job easier. I spent more time inputting ingredients, menus, recipes, events, emails, and clients than I'd ever like to admit, and at the end of two years nothing ingredients didn't calculate on menus correctly, menus didn't calculate recipes correctly, and all of their templates for emails/prints/reports look like garbage.

Pros

Not much, really. Other than than storing contacts, there was not a single facet in Caterease that made the system easy to use for the end user what-so-ever. I would have been better off tracking events, ingredients, and inventory in Google Sheets for free instead of paying $1800 a year for Caterease.

Cons

From the top: Logging in and lack of mobile availability: From a PC, you have to log into a citrix client before accessing your application. You can have the fastest PC on the planet and still have to rely on the speed of their Citrix server to get anything done (which isn't the best.) There is also a VERY bare-bones mobile "companion" app that is almost useless. You cannot add clients or events, adjust the calendar, etc. The only thing you can do is view your current calendar and contact list. And to make it worse, it doesn't store your password AND they have a forced password reset EVERY TWO WEEKS. The application itself: It's very dated and not user friendly. What should take minutes takes upwards of an hour. Want to copy and paste inside the app? That's going to cost you $600 more a year for the "professional" version. Yes, you cannot copy, duplicate, or paste an event without paying for premium service. I already was paying $1800 a year, that's an insane markup for basic functionality. Everything looks like it was made in the Windows 98 era, and hasn't been updated since. Reporting: Reporting is a joke. Very limited, very complicated, and overall useless. Again, unless you pay more! Printing and emailing: Because the application runs through Citrix, printing is very complicated (even worse with wireless printing). Emails, you can create emails directly from Caterease, but it's a gamble if the email sends the caterease-generated attachment.

Reasons for Choosing Caterease

I don't know, but it was a mistake.

Response from Caterease

Replied March 2020

Unfortunately, there is a lot of inaccuracy in this post. First, Caterease utilizes the most current Windows technology. While this customer might not like Windows in general, a quick look at any video on our website shows that program screens perfectly reflect Windows 10 design. More importantly, there is no truth to the description here of features: passwords are controlled by the user and NEVER reset; copying is indeed included and offers more options than any other program; reporting is robust and the most substantial in the industry; printing and emailing are seamless. Obviously, in his frustration with Windows this customer just assumed facts that are not true. Please visit our website or contact our team to see the real program in action. We have only 1000 words to reply here, but a 5 minute webinar can demonstrate that all of these assertions are categorically false. We hope you'll see for yourself.

Expensive, old, clunky

It's just not the best. I eventually moved to Gather, which as much better sales/lead management, event/team communication, and estimate sharing tools. Anything Gather doesn't do, I can fairly easily replicate manually.

Pros

Caterease offers some good basic tools for caterers, and expanded functionality for scheduling and pack lists that other events software lacks (it is really geared to offsite and large catering operations).

Cons

It is just OLD. Layered and complex software that inelegantly tied together in unintuitive ways. Took so much time to set up, and perhaps longer to train even clever people to use it.

Todd from Cover Girlz of Northeast Ohio

Very Powerful, can do a lot, but too much for my needs

Caterease kept all of my work schedule running smoothly, it was a bit of a pain for inventory tracking but it can be done.

Pros

Caterease has a ton of options and easy to get information out of it as long as you are a subscriber. The Subscription is pretty steep but if you are doing 6 and 7 figures in sales it is worth it. I am a small shop it was too much for what i needed.

Cons

The Price is too steep for my shop. I have found other software providers but there are some short comings i have to deal with.

Reasons for Choosing Caterease

I used Caterease for 8 years then switched mostly because the price was getting to be too much for what it returned.

David from Culinaire

Caterease Is Aptly Named

Pros

It is very intuitive, and once you put in the pertinent data, you can create many different and useful documents. Also the reporting options are outstanding.

Cons

I can't think of anything, it really does satisfy all of our needs.

Reasons for Choosing Caterease

It was a superior product

Andrea from Trinity College in the University of Toronto

Caterease

Pros

I really like the ability to customize the program for your unique needs. I like that I am not relying on the IT department and I can make changes myself. It is user-friendly and has streamlined our operations improving our overall efficiency.

Cons

Because I use the prints templates, I am limited to the customization of them. I know I could make my own prints so this is a very small inconvenience.

Danielle from Steak 48

Caterease in Event Planning

Overall, Caterease is a blessing in the event planning industry. From detailed client reports, to custom event prints, it truly covers all the bases and helps things to run more smoothly!

Pros

I like the fact that you can practically customize your Caterease; meaning you can easily add, subtract, and adjust drop-down menu options, event prints, and filters. It helps in making it more user-friendly according to my specific restaurant. Caterease also keeps me organized and helps me to avoid making costly mistakes such as double-booking or forgetting a menu item. I also enjoy it being directly linked to my email, to promptly send clients necessary documents.

Cons

I feel that the Caterease program tends to be a lot to look at and can get overwhelming if you do not know how to use it to its fullest potential. There are many tips and tricks you might not know about without reading through the large user's manual or getting proper training.

Jay from Freson Bros.

Very happy

I am impressed, not only with the program but your customer service. The program is everything I could have hoped for and continually saves me time and money, also your customer service is impeccable!!

Pros

Its user friendliness and ease of access

Cons

Unless you get the whole package, you miss out on some benefits

sarah from daily planet cafe

Not User Friendly

It helps to create a proposal to send to the client for the bagged lunches we sell and to create a kitchen detail that gives them the quantities and information they need to make the food.

Pros

There is not really that I like much about this software. I think that there are some benefits for our catering sales team (some kind of link between staffing/labor and the software or other features for ease of use) but they generally do not apply to the way I use the software. I normally use it at least once a month but I am not as familiar as them with the ins and outs. It does make a decent looking proposal to send to the client and creating it on my end is simple.

Cons

It is not intuitive at all. The buttons are in weird place and very small with tiny little icons. It opens so many windows at a time just to complete a simple task and in general with everything you do there are so many steps involved. Within the windows there are more windows with little scroll bars everywhere and everything is cut off unless you enlarge the window and it just gets confusing and messy. You have to save everything you do along the way so if you accidentally close out one of your 5 windows you loose your work. Even starting the program takes about 6 different steps. Every screen just looks really outdated and isn't user friendly. It is not easy to search for events. You can't put in the actual date. You just have to click next week or next month so if your company has lots of events you will be scrolling for awhile. Creating your event details menu lines is also annoying. If you don't put them in exactly the order you want the first time dragging and moving them later is much harder than you would think.

Response from Caterease

Replied August 2019

We wanted to contact you, but cannot find any company or user with the name you have listed. Please contact us and we can absolutely help you out. Screen displays and tool bars can be customized by each company using the program. If you are experiencing scrollbars, etc., someone on your team likely redesigned screens in a way that doesn't suit you. This can be changed and locked down. Caterease also DOES NOT make you save things along the way. We are renowned in the industry for how we handle multi-tasking. Contact us with examples and we can help! You are also able to search by a specific date and drag/drop menu items (and other details!). We also offer customizable wizard tools that even make the entire event-booking process three simple steps. Candidly, after reading your post and not being able to find your company in our records, I was almost wondering you were talking about be a completely different program! Please contact us and we can transform your experience!

Danny from The John Marshall Ballrooms and Homemades by Suzanne

I Never Want For Anything

I really do love this system. You can check overlapping of events.. it has flags that identify each event as "Tentative" if they have not yet committed, "Definite" if they have and other important markers. You can customize HOW you want to see or view most things. I really could not imagine that anyone would not just love this system.

Pros

It covers just about anything you could want it to do. There have only been a few things ever I wished it could do and it couldn't. It is easy to use and reports are easy to obtain. I really love this software.

Cons

No Quickbooks interface. It would be nice to be able to transfer an invoice into the accounting system. Instead, I literally have to re-type every event over again into Quickbooks. This can be frustrating when you are receiving deposits or payments on events that are two or three years down the road and need to enter the event to apply the payment to it; along with all of the other daily invoices you have to do. And then keep up with all the menu / rental / room changes and updating THOSE in quickbooks. I do wish the notes and comments section on events would automatically place the initials of whom ever made the comment and the DATE . This could be tied to your log in. Often times there could be 3 or 4 people working on an event and if they forget to put their name.. and the date.. you dont know who they are. Also anyone can CHANGE or EDIT another persons notes or comments which I dont like. There is an "audit report" you can produce that will tell you who did what... but its not that easy to read and it takes some experience of looking at it to understand what the report is telling you.

Response from Caterease

Replied August 2018

Danny, thank you for the nice review. I do want you to know that we DO have an awesome interface with both Quickbooks desktop and Quickbooks online. One click and you can send information to Quickbooks one event at a time or in batch. Please call your sales representative and they will set you up with it.

Sol from Pure Solutions Consulting - chefsol.net

The program has revolutionized the ability to move from Mom & Pop to Corporate Seamlessly.

The software has changed my life and given me thousands of hours of time to better manage my business and my employees. Caterease has allowed me to take many companies from paper and pen to the cloud. Caterease has put many of my clients businesses back in their control.

Pros

The ease of use and windows familiar aspects of Caterease are perfect. Mark and the sales team have helped me as a food service consultant serve many of my clients needs. Customer Support is always available and knowledgeable. The software is not just a program but a catering operational system. I am able to customize so many parts that makes the system adapt to any company with comfort. I started using caterease years ago and the company has made updates many times and has made it exciting to look forward to. Years ago i would spend countless days and weeks making complex spreadsheets to calculate so many informational needs that i had to repeat weekly. Caterease has been built with so much functionality that my weekly repetitive work has dropped down to almost zero and my time as well as my employees time has spiked in productivity. This Software is priceless!!!!

Cons

What i like least about the software was that i had little access to information on events without my computer!! BUT they recently released the Caterease APP.... Now me and my team access event info on our phones and cant be happier.

Clarence from Commonwealth Caterers, Inc

Caterease has the best customer service!!

This software produces professional proposals, contracts, and invoices with ease that my staff and the clients love. It also produces very specific paperwork that helps my culinary team and event staff produce and orchestrate the best events possible. The friendly, efficient customer service at Caterease is exceptional!

Pros

We have used this amazing catering software for over 24 years! It has grown and evolved with the industry over the years and remains the best catering software on the market - that I have ever seen. This product pays for itself and the cloud based version allows my staff to work on the fly from any venue, which saves time and money. My staff loves using the Caterease program. The help desk is always friendly, efficient, knowledgeable, and far exceed my expectations of customer service in today's market. They truly go the extra mile!!

Cons

I do not have any cons for this product or the support staff - give it a try - you, your staff and your clients will be glad you did!

Response from Caterease

Replied May 2018

Thank you, Clarence, for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with Caterease. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. You get five stars in our book, as well!

Candi from Turf Catering Company

Makes my job so much easier!

Pros

This software is fabulous - you can access your program from anywhere in the world when you have Caterease Connect. The reports/queries are easy to manipulate to find the requested data. The engineers listen to our specific needs - requests show up in the next build! The software is VERY simple to use and can be customized for specific needs. The mobile app is great to check upcoming events on the fly. You can run a query to see how much of each item on your menu you've sold for a certain period of time, the forecast what the change in revenue would be if pricing increases/decreases. You can compare sales for a certain month /period to previous years, forecast future time periods and more. The time savings is phenomenal. What used to take hours can be produced in minutes. Our company has used Caterease for so long, I don't know how we would function without it.

Cons

The ONLY problem I have is sometimes tech support doesn't answer the phone because they are tied up on another call. BUT, emailing the support desk usually gets an answer quickly.

Caterease Connect helped bring our events process into the 21st century!

Pros

I love the versatility of this software. It allows you to input information once and send it to many. It also provides real time reports, invoicing and event orders with one click! Because we use the web based software, I can access it anywhere I have internet connection or phone service. It allows smooth exporting to the calendar that our entire organization uses and allows others to read or print any set up information they need. Since it is similar to Microsoft office in it's layout, it is very user friendly from the beginning. Service has been outstanding. with the chat feature and emails and FAQ sections for technical assistance there is virtually no wait time when you need help.

Cons

Only 2 things I don't like: There is sometimes a lag when Google updates are released for Caterease to catch up. This causes headaches with my public event calendar. To run caterease you have to have citrix installed and that can conflict with some programs causing your computer operation to slow down. (Especially with older models.)

David from Blue Plate Catering

Great product that makes business easier.

It makes our work easier.

Pros

The software is great overall! It interfaces with so many different programs, and it's been a huge help that makes our job easier. There is always more to learn about the software, so it's nice to keep adding to the list of abilities. In the past, we used two different programs for booking and invoicing, so it's a huge time saver. Our team only has to make updates once, so it minimizes potential for error.

Cons

I've had a support ticket for what seems like a simple fix in for a few months, and haven't really received much feedback on it. Also, if there is an issue with the interface, the support staff for each different software says that it is a problem with the other software, so that has been a little difficult.

Response from Caterease

Replied March 2018

David - Thank you for the kind words! According to our records, you seem to be using a fairly old version of our program. As you probably know, your updates are completely free - and I have confirmed that the feature you requested will indeed be included in our next release (in testing now). As a matter of fact, we improved upon the request by adding a couple of options! Thanks again! Chris Kopriva Caterease Software

Samantha from catering company

Contracts are easy than ever to put together.

This product pays for itself. It is so easy to use and I love that it is cloud based.

Pros

I love that we are able to save line items such as our most popular menu items and their prices. It saves a ton of time being able to select the menu items from a list instead of retyping the product and price every single time. We write up about 100 contracts a day and about 40% of them have similar items so it saves a ton of time.

Cons

While lots of menu items and venues can be saved in the program, it would be helpful if we could also save the tax for the certain county. Each time we need to go and recheck what the tax is for certain areas.

Response from Chris

Replied February 2018

Samantha, Thanks for the review - it's great to hear how much time Caterease is saving you! Just so you know, there actually is a way in the program to save a limitless list of tax schedules. You can even link individual schedules to specific clients or off premise site locations, so the taxes update automatically each time. It's another huge timesaver! Please feel free to contact our help desk and someone there will be more than happy to walk you through the specifics. Thanks again! Chris Kopriva Caterease Software

Tera from Service Systems Associates

I would recommend Caterease to any catering company

Pros

We use Caterease in over 20 of our accounts and it has been a great relationship from Mark in the sales department to Theo and the other tech support crew in the tech support department. The program itself offers all the tools we need to build proposals, beo's, contracts, invoices, etc. It helps us manage our financial viability with the reporting tools it offers as well as prospecting new clients. Caterease offers ongoing training and new tips to help maximize the program to its fullest potential. I would recommend Caterease to any company offering catering services from an off-site caterer to any on site facility.

Cons

We haven't found anything that we don't like. It does everything we've wanted it to do as far as a software is concerned.

Caterease is a very detailed software for catering facilities but not the most user friendly

A lot of events/venues to have access to the same information/database

Pros

The possibilities are endless (Creating kitchen prep list, cost, ordering, budgetting, creating BEO's, templates, financial possibilities)

Cons

The software is a little archaic and is not the most user friendly. A lot of the functionality would certainly be used more often if the software was easier to use. A lot of duplicate information has to be entered

Response from Caterease

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the kind words. We've just released a brand new, cutting-edge version of Caterease. Please call our offices so we can arrange training on it for you. We want you to feel fully comfortable with all facets of the software. You will find that there is never "duplicate information" that needs to be entered into Caterease. Again - thank you for your kind words.

CLB from SAVOR...Peoria

Have used Caterease in various positions with 2 employers. Have used one other catering system

Pros

Ease of use across systems (adding an event, account or client is all done with the same + / - icon )

Cons

Unable to batch print or email documents as one attachment Unable to view the content of sent emails from within Caterease Unable to pull up an "outstanding invoice list" across accounts

Response from Caterease

Replied May 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our software. Just to clarify: You can batch print and email documents. You can also view the contents of sent emails from within Caterease. You can also review outstanding invoice lists across accounts. In fact, you can combine all three and batch email attached invoices to all accounts with outstanding balances. Please call our help desk and we'll be happy to show you how. Thanks again for your review.

Kris from Bon Appetit at Washington Univeristy St Louis

Caterease is easy to use and set up. For our daily use it provides most of the needed functions.

Pros

Online login function and can be used anywhere. Easy to copy multiple events, but pricing doesn't always copy. Query funtions for reports, finance and daily events.

Cons

When updates are made it takes too long to work out the kinks and get our individual set ups back to our settings. Would like better ways to compare year to year financials.

Response from Caterease

Replied May 2018

Kris, Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, some settings need to be reset during major updates - otherwise, you will not see some of the new features. We do try to keep this to a minimum and notify customers ahead of time. Also, try the "Yearly Sales Comparison" report. It offers a flexible way to compare year to year financials. Thanks again for your review.

Niklaus from Anderson Hospitality Management

Caterease is powerful and there's a lot to it.

Pros

The sheer amount of features with Caterease is astounding. There is so much it can do from scheduling and pricing events to inputting menu items, and much more! The integrated tutorials are helpful.

Cons

The interface isn't as intuitive as I would like. It seems like it's in need of a facelift. I feel like we maybe use 20% of all the features we're able to use.

Response from Caterease

Replied July 2018

Niklaus, Thank you for your comments about our program. We pride ourselves in the robust collection of features we offer to satisfy the needs of any catering and event planning operation. We also deliberately design our program to mirror the functionality of the most common Office applications ¿ to keep the learning curve small. From our records, it seems you are using a version of Caterease that is many years old. There is no charge at all for your company to update ¿ and take advantage of new design options as well as a host of powerful new features! I think you will really like the look and feel of this latest version, which reflects the modern design of other Windows 10 applications. Feel free to contact our help desk today and anyone there will be able to assist you.

Marie from Marigold Catering

Caterease is customizable and easy to use on the go!

Pros

How customizable it is! We were really able to take the software and use it how it best suited and helped our company. And each of our Sales Team can customize their screens and views to how it best suits their day-to-day needs. The Caterease team constantly provides updates and strives to better fit everyone's needs. We recently switched to the web-based server and it makes a huge difference for our Sales Team.

Wendy from Commonwealth Caterers

Caterease is simply the BEST!

Because we love this software so much, there isn't much we don't like about it. Try it out and you'll understand what we mean.

Pros

I have been using this amazing program for over 24 years. It is the most versatile and user friendly software I have ever used. The prints are flexible - yet SO professional. Anytime I call or email, the response time is amazing, their customer service far exceeds today's standard! I always appreciate the friendly, patient, & efficient support staff, they have an awesome product and an amazing staff to support it.

Great Concept but Very Buggy. Slow customer service.

If it was operational 100% there be many but every week there something going wrong

Pros

The concept is great tool for caterers, though you have to pay for every add on When its operational - i love it

Cons

- Very over priced!!! - Forever having issues with the program not working. I lose too much time having to followup with customer service to fix issues. - Is hosted on a 3rd party platform and its forcing a new download access everytime. this make it slow as.. Other CRMs have been smoother operationally. - You have to pay for every addon... completely stupid idea and makes for costly program. the Web forms are hosted on a separate website which means you cannot customise without using customer service. - every update seems to create more issues - its slow in operation to change to different screens - it doesnt communicate with zapier so creating external forms or merging data is all manual

Response from Caterease

Replied May 2018

While we're glad you love the program features and concept, we¿re sorry to hear you've had problems. Please know we¿re extremely focused on the performance of our program, and developers work tirelessly to shave precious seconds off of features and ensure a positive experience for every user. Unfortunately, with variables such as internet speed, hardware and more it can be necessary for our team to work with you to troubleshoot your environment. I realize you are a relatively new user, but I want to encourage you to not accept anything less than exceptional performance, and not assume that any slowdown is the norm for our program. Please contact our support team and we will do we all we can to bring your program's performance up to par with our thousands of other satisfied users. Regarding price, please know our program has a huge list of features no other software offers, all for no extra price, and advanced modules with unique additional functionality are all purely optional.

mindy from Have Party Will Travel

We love Caterease

We have used Caterease for over 10 years. We couldn't run our business without it. Thank you for your support.

Pros

The software is easy to use. It keeps track of all of my events. The support team is always great to help me with any question that I have. I am not very good with technology and they always answer my questions in terms that I understand. They stay on the phone with me until my problem is resolved.

Cons

I wish the e mails through Caterease would hold an attachment.

Jet from Holiday Inn Express North Platte

We use Caterease for our Hotel Conference Center booking and catering.

Time savings and a great way for staff to stay up-to-date on scheduled events. Prevents double booking and overbooking for staff available.

Pros

Makes scheduling easy & can customize to fit our needs. Mobile app makes checking on schedule while out of the office a breeze! Awesome customer service and great training available. Video tips are always accessible to learn a new feature or to review how to do something.

Cons

So many components to learn the function of and some features are added cost. Would like more "side by side" function of having multiple managers (ie: scheduler & event manager) on screen at once.

Jr from RKC

Very easy to use and great support and training available!

Pros

Ease of use, dependability, easy training, fast support, extensive thought put in to each aspect of program.

Cons

Response from Caterease

Replied May 2018

Thanks Jr for your kind words. Just to let you know, we have many different options besides onsite training - many of which are free. Give us a call and we'd be happy to go over all of them with you and your team.

Shirley from Kimble¿s Events by Design

Caterease has helped make Kimble's Events by Design the successful company we are today!

Pros

We do love our Caterease package!! We have been users since 2000 so we have grown up with Caterease!! It is efficient and easy to use and gives us all that data and management tools we need to make our events a success!! We also just decided to research the mobile version of the program as we are going to have a sales person in the field in a couple of months! It truly is a great partnership!

James from epicure catering

Wonderful Program

my office really loved this program ,

Pros

Caterease makes a smooth and functional job entering and viewing of catring data , easy for both clients and staff to use . The program is constantly adapting to the needs of the clients and listens to the needs of catering professionals

Travis from Wilshire Caterers

Caterease and its support staff is AWESOME

Pros

Ease of use, our entire team from FOH to BOH, chefs and sales team are huge fans of using this software!

Cons

nothing! this software is really fantastic! it is easy to use, user friendly and the customer service is amazing!

Response from Caterease

Replied May 2018

Thank you Travis for such an nice review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours and your teams and we don't take anything for granted. Cheers..

Shirley from Kimbles Food By Design Inc

We have used this software since 2000 and LOVE the ease of use and customer support

Happy Customers!!!

Pros

Ease of use, professional quality documents for our customers, Customer service is always very helpful

Cons

I can't think of a thing we don't like about the software we use it daily and have never had any issues - this is truly the easiest and most complete software to manager our catering business

chris from Steamers Catering

Buyer Beware

The sales team did not really describe the complexity in setting up this program. Basically you get a complete catering program that must be built up from ground floor by the client. I spent months trying to switching from my current catering software program and never was able to get the program to work. Finally after a few months we took a loss on the money and abandoned the program all together. I could only see the program working for a large company with an IT department that could handle programming the systems to fit the organization. NOT for any form of a small business.

Pros

Caterease has a ton of options. But all must be programmed by the client. High level of computer knowledge and time required.

Cons

Everything is very complex and must be programmed. Our team went from spending hours booking clients to hours learning and programming Caterease. Very very complex and requires a ton of hours to set-up. We even started losing money because all our time was spent setting-up the program. Nothing with this program is "Ready To GO". Very bloated. Many systems are listed in different areas creating a very congested and bloated feel to the UI

Response from Caterease

Replied December 2018

Chris, I¿m very sorry you¿re having a tough time transitioning to your new Caterease program. We are well-known for our extreme ease-of-use, but sometimes people who are not used to common Office Products have a slightly tougher time adjusting. Please stick with it ¿ and know that our entire team is here to assist however we can! Caterease is also known for its amazing flexibility ¿ so much of the program, from screens to prints, can be completely customized. Of course, we deploy the program ¿ready to go¿ with default settings. However, if a user like you wants to completely customize things to his particular needs, that does require a little setup on your part. Most programs don¿t let you customize anything at all. With Caterease, you can simply use the robust, complete program we send you straight out of the box or choose to customize it yourself!

Great for conference center use!

I enjoy working with it daily and it enables my team to access the information they need to successfully book catered events.

Pros

I love the ability to pull simple reports quickly and permission settings.

Cons

It's not very user-friendly and can be slow. Pulling detailed reports is difficult because of limited search functions.

Sheryl from K08 Sounds

Customization is amazing!!!!!

Pros

Cons

They charge for training which I am not a fan of. And also the customer service isn’t very accessible.

Elise from Indian Ridge Country Club

The Caterease software is easy to use and perfect for our needs at Indian Ridge Country Club.

The ability to clearly communicate while standardizing information that is distributed to a number of departments within our country club.

Pros

Ease of use. I also appreciated the responsiveness of the sales team when our Club requested to update from outdated version to current version 18.

Cons

I am pleased with the software, which I use daily. If I could make one change, I wish all the fields allowed us to change font style and size.

Kim from Six Star Events LLC

The customer service was great. They helped us get the most out of the software.

Pros

Cons

I did have to go through many tutorials to understand how to use a lot of it. However, the tutorials helped so much.

Bought the desktop version, was not told that it could only be run on one computer at a time.

We now own this catering software forever-more, so if anything happens with whatever else we're doing, I know we can at least fall back on this.

Pros

The Vantiv credit card processor was good value, it dropped out processing fees a bit... But that's a different company. The Caterease customer service started out okay; they were friendly at least.

Cons

Very convoluted software, difficult to use, leaves you wondering 'why would they do that??' when looking at the way it was designed. If you buy one of the 'cheaper' versions, they lock most of the useful features (unlike a service like Total Party Planner). The customer service was OKAY at first, but once I realized we were not told of the restrictions the desktop version has, I asked for a refund as we had not even owned it for 6 months yet. You know that didn't happen. I've been told we'll get a refund for the unused maintenance service.

Response from Caterease

Replied May 2018

We're so sorry that you had a bad experience with our software. The desktop version certainly can work on more than one computer at a time. I'm sorry you were told otherwise. We've just released a new web-based version that is quite cutting edge. We'd love to give you a trial run on it if you would like to see all the new stuff. In any case, please call our offices so we can properly review your account and see what we can do for you.. Again - we're sincerely sorry for your bad experience.

Loved using Caterease, was a bit of a struggle to learn

Loved having all info in one digital and accessible place.

Pros

I love how you can implement other software with it like Allseated and Constant Contact. It is also so detailed and allows you to keep all your info into one digital place!

Cons

I will say that it is a challenge to learn and because of the viewing settings, all users can customize their views which makes t nearly impossible to use any one else's.

Kimberly from Campisi's Restaurants

Caterease

Pros

The email capabilities and the customer service.

Cons

That you do not have access to the historical date after you discontinue service.

Response from Caterease

Replied June 2019

Kimberly, Thank you for your kind words about our hard-working support team! I'm sorry you seem to have had trouble learning the program. As you know, in addition to free support we have several online and live training options available to help ensure our customers are comfortable. I'll admit I am very surprised to see you did not view Caterease as extraordinary when it comes to features and functionality. We are renowned for our incredible feature set - which far surpasses any other software in the industry. I imagine your opinion here is connected to your comfort level with the program - which is completely understandable. Of course, we are always sorry when any customer discontinues service. Nonetheless, we go out of our way to make this transition easier for customers - even extending access for a period of time. Of course, as with any subscription service, we obviously cannot continue to provide access indefinitely - as I'm sure you can understand.

Kara from The SweetSide

Good, but hard to setup

I know this is the best software out there for me at this point, but I just wish it was a little better.

Pros

There are so many layers to this program, it can do so many different things... CRM, email templates, invoicing, etc. The setup process is very time-consuming and difficult at times... but the guys at the help desk are typically VERY helpful! Thanks!

Cons

The training through the setup process. The software is a big investment and there is not a great place to watch videos from start to finish on getting everything setup. There are videos, but they are not comprehensive for the VERY beginner... For instance, I really wasn't even sure how to launch the program the first time I wanted to work on it! The other thing is that it is pretty buggy on macs. I have A LOT of time waiting between windows, etc.

Nickia from John Ed's Cafe & Catering

Not user friendly for everyone

Pros

Purchased this product because it had such good reviews and felt that it made my job easier as a small catering business we someone usually books an event with us while attending someone else event and having a moblie app handy was really nice.

Cons

My co-owner did not find this product useful. We were not able to interface our Quickbooks online with this software which caused me to double work.

Caterease Review

Pros

It was very functional for catering management. I liked how everyone could update it in live time.

Cons

It was a little clunky in some places. But I also think it could have been set up better on management end.

Stewart from Events at Independence Grove, A Catering by Michaels Company, Inc

June 2015

Michael from NEXT

June 2015

Caterease is indispensable

Having been in the business for over 30 years and having worked on three continents. I have seen and worked with many event management systems. In 2013 I started my own business and was challenged by looking for event software that would be scalable and grow with me, Caterease hit all the notes for my business. Now 2 years in, I have been able to add the modules to match the demands of my flourishing business. Best satisfaction is when you get a cold call from a guest and inside of a10 minute conversation I'm able to send off a professional proposal along with a detailed email covering all my business can offer to a client.' Time and time again, clients state''You won the contract chef because you're not only talented in the kitchen but your speed to send all documentation shows how much you care about your guests' Whether you are just starting out in Hospitality or have decided to start up your own business after working for others. Caterease is indispensable and will make your business purr with a professional edge!

Al from Drinks On me Catering

Nice App

Pros

Caterease helped with keeping me organized and efficient. It was easy to search clients, message them, and set up Proposals.

Cons

It would be better if I could link my payroll to the app for a seamless transition.

April 2013

Caryn Roland, Heirloom Cuisine

April 2013

Caterease requires a stronger connection

The problem with Caterease is that I office out of my home and live in an area with satellite only internet connection. Caterease requires a stronger connection. This was never told to me in the beginning and not until I had paid for the software and tried to begin using it. After months and months and months of problems, I am finally starting to use the software (I purchased the software in September. This is now April.) They system is slow, at best, and I have to reboot it several times a day. I have to quit using it around 3 pm when apparently my satellite gets too busy. Had the Sales Manager told me the requirements of the system, I would not have purchased the system. The requirements listed in the original set up stuff is vague. My IT guy assures me that we comply with all the requirements. AT&T does not service my area. The only landline internet connection is through a shabby cable company who wants to charge me $$$$. I still believe the proper thing to do would have been to refund my money. I am using the software now because I paid for it and am going to make it work. I remain disappointed in the sales department, the customer service department and in the whole process. The software is slow and hard to learn. The tech support Caterease offers is great and I have so appreciated their assistance. But there is not training available with purchase (unless you pay more), everything is an upgrade and the whole experience has been less than pleasant.

Pros

Cons

no training available with purchase (unless you pay more), everything is an upgrade and the whole experience has been less than pleasant

Justin from Night Owl Brands

Industry: Restaurants

Great features, but a major learning curve

The program will work for us and help achieve our goals, but it takes far more work to get the framework in place than we anticipated.

Pros

The system is very robust and offers a tremendous amount of personalization. I love the incorporation of our menus and various options to streamline the process.

Cons

The system boasts windows like usability. This is an exaggeration - it takes a ton of building the framework and learning the processes. Very complicated.

Jason from Windsor Arms Hotel

Buyer Beware! Deceptive Pricing & Salespeople

It's been absolutely horrible.

Pros

Caterease seems to be a very full featured program... unfortunately we never really got the opportunity to use it

Cons

Their sales reps and pitches are extremely deceptive! - They advertise a monthly price, but that is for 1 user with a fairly limited feature set. If you were one user, there would be no need for a program like this. - They have "teaser" pricing -- give you a discount in year 1 (which they make up for with an implementation fee) -- and then scale it up in subsequent years. They're not stupid -- they know that this platform would be very hard to transition away from. - They will say anything (including lie right to you, over email) to get you to sign up. When you call them out on their lie on day 1 of implementation, sorry, no refunds. STAY FAR AWAY

Response from Caterease

Replied June 2019

Jason, I'm very sorry you were confused by our pricing - but please know that it is never - ever - our intention to be deceptive. Indeed, we couldn't mislead you if we wanted to; every piece of information about Caterease, from video tours to detailed pricing, is all easily available on our website. Please also know that our pricing is structured for the exact OPPOSITE reason than you assumed. Rather than trying to "tease" anyone, we have deliberately arranged less expensive ways for smaller companies to get into the program more affordably - and then their program can grow along with them as it helps their business grow. In any event, we regret that you misunderstood - and of course we are more than willing to work with you. Give our office a call. I'm confident we can work this out. Caterease Sales Management