• Pros

• "This is the best decision I have ever made for my business. It is easy to use and the customer has been great. I would recommend giving it a try."

• "How much time it saves and the reduction of human error. Love the recipe building and that it does all the math for me. Love that I can do flower orders and supply orders with just one simple click!"

• "Recipe function and shopping list. My ordering used to take me hours when I have three+ weddings a weekend, Now its so easy and Accurate to get my orders ready. "

• Cons

• "The monthly fee seemed a little steep at first. But still well worth the time it saves me. "

• "It's hard to use at times for me but other than that it's a really great software. One thing I wish it had was a running total of all the weddings in the upcoming events."

• "I wish I could add optional items at the end in a separate section after the totals. Other than that it pretty much meets all of my needs."

Browse Curate Reviews

Stacey from Roots Flowers and Events

Time saving program!

I have had more leads turn into proposals, which have then turned into bookings. This was my number one concern. I would get a lead that would then fizzle out because I had no way for clients to fill out an online questionnaire. With the form section I was able to create a simple questionnaire that leads could fill out on their computer or phone easily. I can then automatically create a proposal for them based off of one of my templates.

Pros

This has been the best decision I have ever made for my business! Not only does this program save me time and energy, but it looks professional and is easy to use. My clients love it as well! The entire process from start to finish with my clients is now seamless. The proposals look clean and modern and clients can e-sign the proposal once they approve it. letting me know that they would like to book. No more guessing if it was received or not, or if it was even viewed. This program has been a lifesaver! I have booked more weddings than ever before and I still get to have a life!

Cons

I wish I had more time to explore the program more in depth. I'm discovering new things every day that are great tools. Luckily the Curate team has been fantastic about answering questions or concerns and the onboarding sessions were super helpful to get started.

Mark from Catering by Katherine

Excellent product for the money

So far, so great! It's very easy to use. It is 100% multi-device friendly, from phone & tablet to PC. The proposal system is stellar. The staff are amazing and helpful whenever I need them via chat or phone. I couldn't have picked a better product to work with. Once they iron out some of the kinks, they will get all 5 stars across the board and a 10/10 referral from me.

Pros

Its very user friendly by looks and functionality. It has almost every feature I'm looking for in catering software.

Cons

It seems a little buggy sometimes. Adding/editing ingredients can be tedious and time consuming due to the structuring they have for adding/editing them en masse.

Reasons for Choosing Curate

Honestly? I did the demo for each, and they were pretty much neck and neck. The proposals look better on Curate, and when I did the demo for TPP I found out you couldn't tab through a bunch of fields when working, you had to mouse-click to the next field. Tabbing was literally the show stopper, it showed me TPP hadn't given much thought to the end user. If I caught that on the demo, what else was I missing that I'd find out after purchasing?

Reasons for Switching to Curate

Because Caterease was a garbage product I was dumping more time and money into than use and functionality I was getting from it.

Response from Curate

Replied March 2020

Thanks so much Mark! We love making an impact in catering organizations like yours and hearing your feedback just encourages us to keep making it better for you! Ryan - Founder

Laura from Lux & Union

Such a time-saver!

Curate is my favorite business investment so far. It's easy to implement and use and it saves me hours! As a wedding florist, I'm happiest fiddling with flowers. The emails and invoices and quantities, etc is not what I like to spend my time doing. Curate does most of this for me and makes the parts I do need to do myself, much more efficient than my previous system.

Pros

I love how quickly I can generate a personalized proposal to a new client. I used to spend so much time customizing a sad little template I had made in Microsoft Word and the formatting issues drove me crazy. Curate lets me focus on what I'm offering my clients while the organization, formatting, and aesthetics are all done for me.

Cons

I've had a few minor troubles getting changes saved or a photo uploaded but they've also been quickly remedied by the folks available in the chat window. I've been using this software in Safari not realizing it was designed to best function in Google Chrome - so these problems are mostly my own fault.

Reasons for Choosing Curate

Curate seemed to have a better user interface as well as the presentation to clients looking more polished than technical. I took pride in my customized proposals and was hesitant to use a software that wouldn't look as pretty and "wedding-y". Curate looks clean and professional and I can customize it as I see fit.

Dana from DellaBlooms and Events

Feeling confident on my pricing has been such a huge boost since I've subscribed to Ularas!

Individual pricing per stem in arrangements is a confidence booster and knowing my proposals are clean and professional when delivered to the end client.

Pros

The client support has been fabulous and super responsive whenever I've had a crisis question or needed clarification.

Cons

It's a bit complicated and I'm not sure I'd say the last few upgrades have been intuitive. If there's been an offseason and I have not used the software, it's a huge learning curve to catch up to the updates. Again, the intuitiveness of the software is lacking and needs improvement.

Response from Ularas

Replied May 2017

Thank you Dana, Sorry it's not feeling intuitive! Please come to same Jams in your down time so we can clear up any issues you're having. And if you get stuck, make use of Ularians! We've got some very helpful users in our forum and I'm always lurking in the wings. Also, if you'd like to schedule a private session, I'm always open. Reach out anytime, I'd like to make sure your feeling as confident as possible!

Julie from Southern Florals And drapes

Game Changer, working to perfect

I honestly love this software because I feel like I’m probably making money at what we’re doing for the very first time in three years and I love the fact that it does produce beautiful proposals. There are some quirks but I really believe the company is working hard on makingThose changes and fixes and getting this software faster. I honestly believe it will be perfect very soon. It takes a good bit of time to set up and learn so I do not advise starting in your busy season. It’s a little pricey compared to other software is out there but for the detail that it gives you based on the industry that we are in and how customizable it is very much worth the money.

Pros

This software has completely opened my eyes to ordering what I need with little or no wasted product and making the money that we deserve as well as how much we were under charging before this software.

Cons

This software can tend to run slow at times and the quantities pre installed are sometimes confusing or need to be changed. When you make changes within a proposal you have to remember that it does not make overall changes to all previously made proposals you must go in line by line and change every proposal that you have open for a change to take affect. This can be kind of frustrating and I have not found an easy fix for this yet. It’s just like any software when you see a problem go fix it immediately or else they will pile up on you and it’ll just make a big mess. Other than that I like the chat feature but sometimes you just want to call and be able to talk to someone. There are a few quirks that you need to remember like anytime you add a payment even though you have a percentage charge for a credit card if you add anything new to her proposal you have to remember all the things that That you have set up for that proposal and go make those changes to any additions. I think they are working hard on this software and it will soon be perfect but there’s lots of things to remember right now.

Reasons for Choosing Curate

This software came highly recommended by Sarah Campbell of intrigue and after doing research and contacting other companies this one seemed very eager to not only have my business but to work with the software to make the changes that best suits me and our industry.

Response from Curate

Replied May 2019

Hey Julie! We love that we've been able to help turn the corner into profitability for your company! Music to our ears. :) To your point about making an adjustment to a flower price and it affecting only new proposals, that is correct. We do that to protect all your dozens or hundreds of old proposals from years past to ensure the data is saved appropriately. That said, there are some cool tricks in the software for quickly updating the prices of those events that you'd like to. We really appreciate your feedback!!

Lisa from Sometheme to Talk About

Best Decision I Made For My Business

Bloomtrac has been great and saves me so much time. Its easy to use and keeps all event info organized. I am in love with bloomtrac...been with you from the beginning when it was ularas. I don’t use all of the functions but the ones I do have been a game changer. And being able to produce proposals and contracts right at the consultation has made my life SO much easier and increased same day bookings by 100%. Bc before bloomtrac I never got same day bookings bc I had to go back and put all my notes together, now I input everything at consultation. I created a reusable template with the typical info and just plug in the specific details as we discuss their events. I ❤️ Bloomtrac!!!

Pros

It automates proposal writing, allows me to write proposals at the time if consultation which increases sales.

Reasons for Choosing Curate

It offered more functions and seemed much easier and more thorough.

JULIE from JULIET LE FLEUR

Curate is a game changer

Oh my gosh, the time it saves, it puts together shopping lists, recipes, hardgood lists, does all of the math, and so much more!

Pros

I cannot say enough great things about Curate! It has 100 percent changed my life and my business! All of the amazing features save me months worth of time! I can't imagine running my business without it! I have used their software since it was first released, and it keeps me ahead of my competition.

Cons

Occasionally there are a few glitches that are fixed immediately.

Reasons for Choosing Curate

Because of the ease of use, and the customer support.

Carla from Capital Florist

GAME CHANGER!!

a game changer!

Pros

everything! honestly, I rarely review products/services because for the most part I feel like if they do the job there's not much more I can say about it, but Curate has blown my mind and it's a product that has done it's job 10 times more efficient that I thought it would! It's such an incredible tool! It is easy to use, it is ever improving with new features, etc. and it has helped me realize the value of what I do! With over 125 events a year it has completely changed the way I do business!

Cons

sometimes it's a little slow! But nothing I can't live with!

Reasons for Choosing Curate

The customer services I received from day one! The have a great team who helped me set up over multiple calls and shared very useful tips to make it easy to use!

Nancy from Nancy Lobo Designs

Made my business better

Awesome! I always recommend it to all my industry friends

Pros

The ease of entering information and then forwarding that to the client. Efficient, user-friendly

Cons

The way the mood board is set up, but this is coming a designer's point of view so I'll always want more

Because Honeybook wasn't as detailed in their presentation like Curate

Zara from Stems Brooklyn

Curate Review

We have much simpler and effective client interactions with Curate.

Pros

The amount of customization and options available when creating client proposals.

Cons

Sometimes it glitches within the proposal, and some of the features are complicated to get used to.

Reasons for Switching to Curate

We weren't able to customize proposals on Honeybooks.

Heather from Eclectic Sage

Stem Counter Review

I have really enjoyed using this software. I started using this initially as a better tester and have seen it develop and grow. They are working out the kinks and I think anyone using it now will really enjoy the experience, especially as new features are added and developed.

Pros

Stem counter has helped me feel more organized in my design process and allows me to keep track with my events and flower orders. When a client has updates or changes I can make them and Stem Counter updates my shopping list and hard goods list at the same time, therefor saving me valuable time and energy. As I become more comfortable in the process I can spit out estimates much quicker based on previous designs and then add more details once someone decides to book. I use it daily and it is a huge and helpful part of how I operate my business.

Cons

Since it is a newer product that is continually being developed there are sometimes a few hiccups that occur. However these are solved really quickly and the team is quick to jump on any problems that arise and give you a temporary fix to your problems in the mean time and then often have the solution in a day or two which is not too bad.

Response from Stemcounter.com

Replied June 2016

Thanks so much for the review Heather! You've been an incredible asset to our team in giving feedback to help drive the product. I appreciate your understanding of any hiccups as well. :) We go by the motto "every software has bugs...every company just doesn't admit it." We know that issues arise in a growing software so we seek to resolve those very quickly.

Jessica from Royal Bee Flower Co.

BEST EVENT FLORAL SOFTWARE ON THE MARKET

It’s been a wonderful trip. It’s by far the best investment I made in my company. When I first started I spend 4-6 hours trying to figure out how to make a gorgeous proposal. And that was just the proposal. Getting word to work, sizing and moving photos around, fighting with text to be where I wanted it to be. It was the worst. After two proposals I knew something had to change. Little did I know how easy Curate would make the whole process including stem oh tings and placing orders. It’s truly amazing, and the customer service is awesome. I’ve become almost friends with the employees and owner, because they are so easily accessible and active. Over the years I have “played” with other software that friends use, and none have such a straight forward interface, that is almost intuitive to use, or come with the amount of tools and services Curate provides.

Pros

Everything! I love the beautiful proposals it creates effortlessly, I love how easy it is to create recipes, and order flowers with a couple clicks of a button. It does ALL their heavy lifting for you. I can pump out a quick proposal in 15-30 minutes or spend hours on one searching for the perfect photos on Pinterest creating a visual masterpiece, but in the end, what the software does is always fast and easy. I love that they are always updating and adding more amazing features.

Cons

I use it on my iphone 99% of the time, and it works pretty good, there are some features that work better in chrome and I’d love for those features to work well in safari. I’m sure that will be coming soon

It’s far superior.

Leah from Black Sheep Gardens

Saved my life

I love using bloomtrac. I didn't realize all the extra time I was spending writing, re-writing, adjusting, re-calculating proposals until I got this program. It has saved me an immense amount of time, keeps me extremely organized, and looks great when I'm sending it to clients. I have been able to expand my business and feel confident in my pricing by using all the tools available. Also, I can't even tell you how amazing the owner is. She is available for customer support ALL THE TIME. I can send an email asking a quick question, and I have a response within the day. I haven't worked with any other company that offers that kind of support. If you're looking for a proposal program, look no further, this was one of the best investments I ever made!

Pros

Best customer service around Easy to use Keeps me incredibly organized allowed me to see areas I was losing money in saved me tons of time looks beautiful and professional for my clients

Cons

Wepay does not offer any customer service

Reasons for Choosing Curate

Cost is always a concern (especially in the beginning when you're picking and choosing where to spend your money), Bloomtrac was very reasonable and offered a free trial. I also liked how it felt like a small business, rather than an automated company.

Response from Ularas

Replied September 2019

Leah it is a pleasure working with you! Thank you for embracing the technology so fully. You did the work and you get the benefits! Cheers to more growth and more creativity!

Kelly from The Crimson Petal

Floral Game Changer

I had been complaining and whining about the lack of product on the market to help me run my business. I needed a way to make a beautiful proposal and do the numbers for ordering and pricing at the same time. Stemcounter has done this in spades. It took a very menacing task, which would take me hours and has cut it down to a matter of minutes. The best part, is that the time saved is not just on the proposal side, or stem counting side - it's also in ordering, being able to reallocate tasks to employees, and customer transparency. Ryan has taken the time to talk to me in depth about changes and updates, and implemented so many of them. I cannot honestly imagine how my business would be running without it at this point.

Pros

Ease of use, low learning curve to get the hang of, constant updates on the back end that keep the frontend user experience running smoothly, and easy in which the customer sees the final product.

Cons

The only complaint I have is in the recipe section. To print out the arrangement recipes to hand to my employees, it takes a lot of paper, as one recipe prints per sheet. I'd love if there were a smaller version of this that took less paper - but that is only because I try to be as paper conscious as possible.

Response from Stemcounter.com

Replied June 2016

Thanks so much Kelly!! You've provided such great feedback on the product that has helped us continue to move forward. We are in the process of upgrading our recipe sheet and hopefully we should provide something that will make it easier on you!

chantelle from Pure Flowers

Curate

great experience, helpful and patient tutoring when I first got the software. On going support is excellent. Time saving, money saving enabling me to spend more time on other areas of my business.

Pros

The software ensures that all costs are included so you have a clear overview of your profit margins. The shpping list facilty is such a great time saver as I can email this directly to my suppliers. It also makes you aware of any leftover stock which enables me to adjust my shop orders to reduce waste. The software looks best on a mobile device but in all forms looks professional.

Cons

It takes a while to get your images and designs built into the software. One feature that would be beneficial would be to add a photo option to recipes to enable you to find them at a glance

Response from Curate

Replied May 2019

Hey Chantelle! So glad to hear that we're able to make a difference in your business! So you know, you can see all the photos you've attached to your library items. In the recipe module, just click the little image icon next to the drop down menu and you can start to create a recipe based on the pictures in your library. Feel free to chat us if you need a video of how to do that.

Samantha from Harmon’s Floral Company

Helps keep me organized!

Pros

Love the streamline process Love having the payment reminders

Cons

Wish it was linked with a floral photo guide Wish it was cheaper

Seemed easier to navigate

Reasons for Switching to Curate

Wanted something that was a bit more up to date

Bonnie from Dragonfly Floral

A great product for florists!

Being able to order for multiple events is a huge help. I had gone with Curate for that reason but then the​ cost went up. Bloomtrac includes all of the features in one price and as new features are added, the price stays the same.

Pros

I have tried a number of different software and at first Bloomtrac seemed intimidating. There is a learning​ curve with all of these products but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was incredibly responsive and helped me get up and running as quickly as possible. When I left Curate, I knew​ I would have to rewrite all of my proposals in Bloomtrac. What I hadn't anticipated-and hadn't been informed of, was that the proposals I had emailed to clients and to myself would disappear. Fortunately I had printed everything . One​ of the many things I love about Bloomtrac is the ability to truly customize the look of my proposals. This hadn't been possible with Curate.

Cons

I am a slow learner when it comes to technology and there is a lot to learn here- with new features on the horizon as well. Looking forward to being​ able to take the time now that wedding season is slowing down to really get a grasp on all that this software has to offer.

Reasons for Switching to Curate

There was no control over fonts, layouts and other design aspects. Product was too expensive. Seemed every time a feature was added the cost went up.

KENNETH from YORK FLOWERS

An indispensable software for florists

In planning for 2 stores' holidays, events, or even everyday designs, I make a spreadsheet with the menus that takes more than a day. With curate, that has changed exponentially. I take just a couple of hours once I load my menus. You have your hard goods separate from flowers. You have menus, shopping list, break down, right at your fingertips. We have lowered the percentage of unused flowers because we are buying better. We don't have a ton of non-menued items lying around. We have also used this for proposals to big companies re: their interiorscapes and weekly designs. It made us look very professional. Changes to the proposal are instant and we don't even need to resend another pdf. I love that you can add pictures with your menu that can be enlarged if the clients wish to. Overall, curate has been a great investment for our business. We are now 76 yo and still finding ways to be more efficient with softwares like this.

Pros

-good tracking system -can be accessed anywhere with an internet connection -easy to use -proposals look very professional when presented to the client -can easily be used to plan everyday and holiday designs, weddings, and special events

Cons

-duplicate items with the same name can be confusing but can be easily fixed -would be great if other wholesalers can be added in the system

Brooke from Treasured Blossoms

An Event Florist's dream software!

saves me so much time and I no longer make mistakes which in turn increases profitability!

Pros

This software has changed my life as an event floral designer. I can not say enough great things about it. It saves me hours of work at the computer! Prior to using Ularas I did everything by hand - designs, crunching numbers, you name it. Mistakes were made and now with Ularas I never have that problem. I think my clients are impressed with the overall look and feel of the proposals we provide to them and in turn we book more events. The personal customer service, our rep and her team behind Ularas provides, is outstanding. I can't imagine any other software owner taking any given moment out of their day to help you with whatever you need and personally walk to you through how to work the software. The Ularas team is always listening to my suggestions and feedback and working hard to continue to make the software fit my personal preferences and needs. As long as I'm in the floral design field I plan to be a Ularian for life! ~Treasured Blossoms

Response from Ularas

Replied May 2017

I blush! Thank you, Brooke! You made my week. I'm so happy Ularas is working so beautifully for you. Thank you for taking the time to learn it so well! Please take advantage of our new updates! And if you'd like me to customize your proposal layout, call me! Happy flowering!

Becky from Haute Blossoms Floral

Professionally Polished!

I can feel how badly the folks at Curate want their clients to succeed! Any time I have spoken with someone, they have been knowledgeable, kind and not once have I felt like I've asked a stupid question. Their response time is impeccable, they're open to suggestions and actually listen to my needs. I have put off trying a software for many reasons, especially the cost, but I could see after writing my first two proposals that I will never regret the money I am spending. I completely feel like this is elevating my business and going to save me time, while helping me stay organized and conscious of what I need to buy to execute my events, write recipes, etc. I am really pleased with Curate.

Pros

Curate has created a platform that is helping me to be so much more efficient! It does everything I was already doing in six different places, in one location. I can write the proposal, add recipe's, even notes all in the same area. It's greatly reduced the margin for error and I am only getting started! I love the consistency the proposals have established, so that a wedding planner asking for a proposal from me, will know what to expect. I have already had feedback from clients and planners that they are impressed with the presentation of the proposal. I can't wait to see what this has done for me in a year.

Cons

My only Con thus far, and this is merely because I am a creative individual, is that I wish there were some more font options and a few other design tweaks to the proposal aspect of it.

Response from Curate

Replied December 2018

Awe!! That means so much to us Becky! We love having you on the software and are THRILLED that we're going to be a part of a huge 2019!

Christine from Love In Bloom Floral Design & Gifts

It's like Having a "tech" right next to you

Time is my biggest issue in preparing professional looking proposals for events. Curate helps keep my time in check. I have been with them over a year & truly enjoy doing proposals. I can do as many as the client needs without having to to "recalc" as the software does it so easily. It even allows me to "take payments" and the end of year work is so much easier.

Pros

I am not a computer techie person. I'm an artist (florist). Curate has been a great assistant . The more I ask questions and they answer them so quickly, the more I use the software. Customer service is so great. They walk me through every area I don't understand and make sure I do understand it. I sometime ask the same questions later in the year & they are just fine with that. I can check my questions from before to help me remember the hows.

Cons

There are no " least's" with this software. It meets my needs & more.

Response from Curate

Replied August 2018

Thanks Christine!! We love that we can make your life easier. You're our favorite! (Pst...don't tell any of our other favorites we told you so)

Bri from Robertson's Flowers & Events

This program has changed my life! I know that sounds extreme, but it's true!

I already mentioned this.

Pros

The ease of use, intuitiveness, beauty of the output, ability to write notes for the "front of the house"... i.e. the client" and "back of the house"... i.e. our staff, organizational capabilities and price are all on point. the founder, has been invaluable and more helpful than I can say. She helps trouble shoot, is responsive, takes constructive criticism and implements it, and is open to feedback. She also is authentic, relatable, and has a great sense of witticism. Love the program, love the support and would never go back.

Cons

There are a few tweaks that could make it easier to add groom or MOB or other clients and timing. Its also so comprehensive that I haven't had a chance to really delve in and push it to the limits (not a bad thing). I just have other more pressing issues.

Response from Ularas

Replied August 2017

Bri thank you! I appreciate always the honest feedback. I'm so thrilled Ularas is working for you! Yes, we're always working to improve functionality and will continue to do so. When we get to working on our CRM, I'll ping you for thoughts on adding contact to client files/events. Thank you Bri! You are a pleasure to work with. Happy Flowering!

Angie from Angilily Floral Studio

Curate revue

Benefits- Clear proposals, ease of change, photos, professional proposals I would like more access to voice instruction/tutorial

Pros

I like the speed of calculations, ease of changing proposals, filing, templates

Cons

Things keep changing so steep learning curve, lack of phone help, I would like more individual tutorials to explain updates and make the most out of the software

Reasons for Choosing Curate

The price was about to go up so I felt that the time was right to join curate

Rachel from Floral & Bloom Designs

Industry: Fine Art

What I love about curate

How to charge my clients correctly.

Pros

I really liked how easy the program was and how fast my turnover time is for proposals. The faster I am able to communicate with clients the better and also helps create more time in my personal life. The pricing calculator is also really helpful and saves time as well. My profit's have also increased!

Cons

At first the photos I was uploading would take a decent amount of time to fully upload.

Rachel from Sweet Root Village

Revolutionary

We are just LOVING Stem Counter. We are a weddings and events floral company (no daily deliveries) and we hand write our proposal and make meticulous spreadsheets to order our flowers which can get pretty complicated when ordering for five events in one weekend. Stem Counter is more or less going to change our lives. I think we have had daily freak outs about new features we are discovering and realizing will be insane game changers. Honestly. It's taking the tedious out of proposal writing and the rest of our designers are actually sounding excited to write proposals for clients (what!). So many amazing ways that this program will change how we do things in all the best ways and save us so much time and money. We are all extremely happy that we jumped in on this and that it exists at all. It is absolutely going to be revolutionary for us and the floral industry in general and we can't thank Ryan and the Stem Counter team enough for all the hard work that has been put into this. We hadn't even got to a point where we had used all the features in real life scenarios (like preparing a flower order or printing recipe sheets) and we were already singing their praises to fellow designers. Hah!! We 100% recommend giving Stem Counter a try. It's easy to learn and use and will be insanely beneficial to your business.

Pros

Cons

No major complaints. We notice a few things that could be better, but the exciting thing about it is that it's constantly being updated and made better and the Stem Counter team is always taking notes on anything we mention.

Tammy from Blythe & Co Wedding and Event Floral Designs

Amazing tool for floral Designers.

Pros

I absolutely love this software! It's an all in one tool... customers review, approve and pay! It also allows me to create invoices so billing is really easy. I create invoices in advance. Meaning when a Customers approves the contract I create their invoices with payment due dates and options of how to make a payment. So billing is seamless. I love the recipe tool. It's so easy to utilize when creating a design and it saves time when building the same or similar design. Tell us about your wedding is an option for New Customers to enter their contact information and tell us about the vision for their event or wedding. Talk about time savior!! The number one reason to purchase this solftware is the Ulara's Customer Service is amazing!! They go above and beyond to set it up and always willing to help.

Response from Ularas

Replied June 2017

Tammy, thank you! You are working it so well! Happy its going so well and you are getting so much out of it. And thank you for the customer service shout out... definitely one of our main objectives in the world of technology support... to remain human and available! Happy flowering!

Sarah from Hilltop Florist and Greenhouse

EXCELLENT customer service, prompt and very helpful. Anytime I need somrthing they are right there.

Pros

The ability to produce a recipe for my bridal bouquets. It saves a ton of time. I also love the flower library and that all my flowers are in there with their cost. Plus, it creates beautiful looking proposals that my Brides love and mobile friendly is huge! Brides love to open the proposal up right away and look on their mobile device.

Cons

It is difficult when anytime you make a change it creates a new version of the proposal. With some weddings we have 20-30 changes from the time they first meet with us to the end so it gets a bit daunting to have that many versions. Also trying to mark and item as paid and having to create a new version of the proposal.

Response from Curate

Replied May 2018

Thanks so much Sarah! We've loved that we've been able to make things so much better for you. Totally understand the headache of clients who need so many versions of the proposals. Would love to hear if you have any ideas on how to keep up with so many changes without having to keep up with different versions reflecting them.

Michelle from Unveiled Weddings & Events

Unveiled Weddings & Events

Pros

I love the ease of use and the library to estimate my costs while meeting with clients.

Cons

I had an issue with a client entry that does business with me on a personal leave and a business level. It gets billed to two separate addresses. But the software would not let me duplicate the entry with the same email but different street address. I have to adjust every time I invoice.

Ease of use

Mary from Country Garden Florist

I love the ease of creating professional proposals in record time.

Pros

Saving, duplicating, proposals and recipes. Along with mood boards and inventory images, this software is a great fit for my needs.

Cons

The initial set up while customizing your items is a bit time consuming. I also base my labor on percentages and would love to see a feature that could add in different percentages for each proposal item. For instance, my bouquet and corsage work have very different labor percentages and I would like to be able to change those in recipes with ease.

Response from Ularas

Replied May 2017

Thank you for your review Mary! I hear you on the flower library customization. I think your subscription may have predated our export/import feature for aiding in just that. But still... making sure your prices are accurate is a chore but critical to solid margin management. On the percentage markup... it's on our production list, we have a few clients that add labor that way. We have some logistics to work out but I'll keep you posted! Thank you again for taking time to review Ularas!

Anne from Anne Griggs Productions

Industry: Defense & Space

Makes floral design more mathematical and paperwork more finished looking.

Like I said it helps me keep everything in one place that I can access from any computer. It helps me maintain my margins

Pros

Helps me to realize how much I am spending on product, so helps me mantain my margins. Love having flower library and also able to insert items in the library. Also like the side, the client sees, it is all the same logo and has a professional cohesive

Cons

If you email a client and it doesn't go through, you have no way of knowing. Also you can not go into an order and reassign a vendor.

Response from Ularas

Replied May 2017

Hi Anne! Thanks for reviewing Ularas! I'm thrilled your margins are improving. That was a huge help when I was running my business as well. You can actually go in and reassign an item on an order to another vendor. I'll email you instructions! I'm glad you like the professional layout. We are just about to launch a suite of customization options so that you can modify the layout of the client pdf. I'll announce after final testing, hopefully this week!

Emma from EmmaRose Floral

Easy to Use Floral Software

My overall experience has been wonderful, I can’t imgaine running my business without it!

Pros

Curate is a great product, I originally signed up when it was stem counter. The functionality has greatly improved since I first joined and the customer service is really truly one of the best I have experienced as far as support goes.

Cons

It’s a blessing and a curse that it does so much!! Haha, I feel like I am only using 1/2 of it sometimes! But that’s on me :).

Reasons for Choosing Curate

I had a very nice and informative call with the rep and he sealed the deal. For a business owner to take time like he did really showed me that he stands behind his product.

Shaya from Stella Event Design

Curate Rocks

Curate help me translate the language of flowers to my brides that speak Pintrest and Instagram!! Quick and detailed.

Pros

What I most like??? There is too much! Customer service is amazing!! I havent had a question that they havent been able to address. They are timly and on the ball. The software itself is a time saver and makes me look so professional!! Its neat and clean, and so easy for my brides to understand. When flowers aren't your first language Curate help me translate to my brides!!

Cons

Least?? I cant really think of anything, maybe the fact that I can tell when a new update is coming, I have a few glitches before it comes out?? But who can complain about that?

Melissa from Poppytree Floral

Curate Rocks

The overall experience with curate has been great. I've been with the company for a while and you've done a great job in updating the software, making it easier on us. The customer support is a also a tremendous plus. Any question or concern I've had has been addressed and it a very timely manner. It's also great to have a company listen to the customers feedback and suggestions on what might be great to be added.

Pros

This software gives me the ability to quickly develop a proposal, even when I'm in the middle of a consultation with a client.

Cons

There aren't many drawbacks to the software at the current moment. It is meeting all of my needs at this time.

Response from Curate

Replied December 2018

Awe! Thanks Melissa! It's been great having you on board and giving feedback. We love that we've made such an impact!

Karen from Lily Greenthumb's

Incredible product!

Efficiency efficiency efficiency! It is the BEST!

Pros

This product has changed how we do business! Our operation is so much more streamlined and we have far less waste. I cannot believe we operated without Ularas for so many years!

Cons

The back end takes a while to set up (mostly floral library) but it is WELL worth the time investment.

Response from Ularas

Replied May 2017

Hello Karen and thank you! I am so happy you're getting so much out of Ularas... that's my dream! To help designers make more, stress, less and streamline the entire planning process so you ultimately spend less time at the computer. Sounds like it's working for you! Yes... the customization of the flower library is the most painful part but so good for margins and ordering. Thanks for doing the homework necessary to make it work for you! As you know, there's no such thing as 'average pricing' in this business. Not if you want to have solid margin management! As always if you need help, holler! I'm an email away. Happy flowering!

Laurie from Fab Floral

Finally! Software really designed for florists who do weddings & events!

I have been searching for 3-4 years for software that actually has the functionality wedding and event florists need! Especially the ability for the software to allow you to create individual recipes for each item of the wedding, keeping track of each stem, hard good, and rental item and tracking how many stems overall you have and how that relates to your stems per bunch count. The headache of doing this manually within excel with it's potential for error and the amount of time it took to do that step and then either use word, or another online system to create the proposal, (I had started using Honeybook to generate and track my proposals) was making me want to quit doing weddings! This software allows you to do both in one step and generate nice looking proposals for your brides. Like all software these days it is continually under development, and it doesn't have some of the bells and whistles yet that Honeybook did for communicating and tracking your proposal and payment, but the absolute fundamental functionally that I so desperately needed is there! What a relief and a godsend. I can't believe this didn't exist in the market before. It took the husband of a florist to finally develop the software. Overall I really like the software and feel confident that they will continue to add more and more functionality and make it better and better over time. I still don't like doing proposals, but they don't make me feel like I want to quit doing weddings anymore! I like the software so much, that I now use it to generate all the recipes for my studio as it gives me a shopping list at the end too, which super handy! If you are wavering about signing up and you are a wedding and event florist, this is the one that actually has the functionality you need!

Response from Stemcounter.com

Replied December 2016

Thanks so much for the comments Laurie! Love having you on the software. We do have some really cool new features in the works that you're going to love!! Keep watching. :)

Sherry from Blumengarten Florist

Efficient and Easy

This program has increased efficiency greatly. I've also drastically reduced the amount of paper I use to prepare proposals.

Pros

I have enjoyed using a program that lets me do almost all of the work and planning needed for an event in one place. Curate has really simplified the proposal process.

Cons

As with most programs, there are occasional glitches but they seem to be becoming few and far between and customer service is very quick and responsive and any issues are resolved almost immediately

Response from Curate

Replied October 2018

Awe!! Thanks so much Sherry! We love being able to help simplify the entire work and planning process into one place. And we appreciate you noticing how much effort we put into giving you a great experience! Having a team of 10 full-time employees (at this point) allows us to focus more on getting stuff right than when we were just 2 people. Thanks for helping us grow and recommending us so that we can give an even better experience.

Ashley from Flowers Decor & More

Love this program!

Ease of use and making weddings less of a dreaded task.

Pros

I have been using this program for less then a month and can already see the impact it will/is having on our business! Its super easy to send proposals and make changes when needed without having to redo it. This is a game changer for us! Their customer service is amazing too! They always respond and its faster then I even expect. I love the clean layout for proposals and the ability to create recipes and add photos. This makes it way easier for our team to all be on the same page with each bride. You can even create a proposal from your phone, which is super nice for those times you cant access your desktop but need to respond to a bride. Amazing!

Cons

Maybe someway to add team calendars/notification where you can tell your team when weddings get booked. This would be helpful for us to keep everyone on the same page especially for those big weddings when everyone needs to be there. A team side would also be helpful for when you have booked a bridal consultation. Just one more way to keep everyone on the same page with each new bride/wedding.

Response from Stemcounter.com

Replied June 2017

You're too kind Ashley! We love having you on the software and glad that you've been able to dive in so quickly. :) We do anticipate introducing additional tools for multi-user accounts by the end of the year so hopefully that will help out in planning!

April from April Flowers

Industry: Fine Art

Helped streamline my business

This software has helped streamline my business in several areas including writing proposals and recipes, to ordering. I used to spend hours completing these tasks and Curate has significantly reduced the amount of time I spend on those alone. Time is money, as they say and the time saved through this software is where the biggest value comes into play. Curate is easy to use, has terrific customer support and has simplified my POS process as customers are able to electronically sign the contract and make a payment using their cell phone, iPad or computer. Curate continually seeks to add features that make my job easier.

Pros

I like that everything is integrated to streamline my business processes. Being able to integrate the library of flowers into my proposals through recipe building while simultaneously creating an order list, event breakdown and cost analysis.

Cons

This software is not 100% compatible with my iPad . I work from my iPad often, but there are many glitches that I have encountered that make it impossible to complete my proposals using my iPad.

Leanie from Floom Floral Design

Best software for florists

Fabulous. Great support and great product.

Pros

I cannot imagine my business without Curate. Curate helps me to organize, plan and visually show my clients what I envision for their big day. Also, making changes is super easy and clients can sign my contract right away and make payments.

Cons

It is quite pricey for a small business, but still worth every cent.

Reasons for Switching to Curate

I first used Curate when I started my business, but after a few months of no events, I had to end my subscription as I didn't have the money to continue paying for the software. I tried Lobiloo as it was much cheaper, but missed the features of Curate. As my business picked up, I could afford to switch over to Curate again.

Sunny from stylish events

OFTEN HAS A GLITCH. COULD BE STREAMLINED MORE.

IT MAKES SENDING PROPOSALS AND CONTRACTS VERY EASY.

Pros

THE PRODUCT IS HELPFUL AND EASY TO MAKE A CONTRACT. IT GIVES OUR PROPOSALS AND CONTRACTS A VERY PROFESSIONAL FEEL. ONCE WE SET UP THE TEMPLATES IT CUT OUR TIME DRAFTING CONTRACTS AND PROPOSALS SIGNIFICANTLY.

Cons

NOT TOO MUCH FUNCTIONALITY BEYOND THAT. IMPUTING FLOWERS WOULD TAKE TOO LONG ALONG WITH OTHER INVENTORY.

Response from Ularas

Replied May 2017

Hello Sunny, Thank you for your review and comments. I would love to have you attend some more training sessions with me... sounds like we have layers of functionality yet to explore! And customizing the flower library... yes, it does take some time but ultimately makes to the penny margin management possible and highly valuable. Are you using the export/import tool to minimize the data entry time? I'll email and see if we can set up some time to work through some of your concerns! And please! Anytime your experience a glitch, email me immediately! We are very responsive to client concerns and unless you tell me what's not working properly for you, I can't fix it. Please reach out anytime. I am readily available!

Maggie from Thistles Flower Market

Great system, even better customer support!

I've saved so much time with Curate. It has completely streamlined how I do my proposals and wedding management. My Bride's love the software and it works great on my end of things. Before I spent hours pouring over a spreadsheet only to find constant accounting errors or issues with formatting. Curate takes all of the pain out of proposals and has made our wedding business grow more profitable.

Pros

The software is visually clean, easy to use, and has provided ease of time and energy to create proposals. Bride's love it too! The customer support chat bar is amazing. I've had it where I send a message and within a minute receive a personal and detailed response.

Cons

The only change I would like to see made to the software is before a scheduled email is sent out, that I receive a confirmation if I want to send the email. I've had it a couple of times where I'm in constant contact with the Bride and somewhat forget about the scheduled email and they get a random checking-in message.

Jeri from Bella Bloom Florals

Could not live without it

I have been working with this software for over two years and they are constantly working to make the product better. At any time if I have a question I know I can reach out to them and have an answer within minutes.

Pros

Curate allows me access, update and share client information from anywhere (with internet). I can share floral proposals, recipes and inspiration images quickly from my phone or computer.

Cons

I would like different levels of authorization. In my perfect world my team could get into the software, see client files and see recipes… But not make adjustments to the proposal.

Annie from Floral Sunshine

I have been generally happy with this offered to help with our weddings.

Organization.

Pros

I love how the inquiries come in, and keep us organized as to who we have talk to you and can convert to customers. I also love that the proposals look professional and can't be as detailed or vague. I also like the way events can be combined so I can order efficiently.

Cons

Sometimes there are weird glitches. Too many random ones to explain. I know that many people like the new upgraded version, I liked the older version plus now it's REALLY hard to use it on my iPhone.

Response from Ularas

Replied May 2017

Hi Annie, Thank you for reviewing! I appreciate it, I know how crammed every hour of your days are. I'm surprised to hear it's not working as well for you on your phone. The new version is far more mobile friendly. When you get time in your schedule, let's try for a call to get through some of what's not working for you. I made some tweaks in your account that I hope are helping! Let's phone date during some business hours and work through your concerns. I hate that you're not running smoothly with it!

Sylvia from Dreamweavers, LLC

I have been extremely pleased with Ularas. Love this product!

Ularas allows me to create fully customizable, professional looking proposals, which has improved my business presence. Having everything organized and consolidated into one system, accessible from my mobile device as well as my notebook, is a great asset. I have better control of ordering now, as Ularas combines all recipes in an event and creates a total order, based on those quantities, which leads to far less over-ordering on my part, which in turn, means greater profitability.

Pros

Ularas enables me to create professional, customized proposals for my clients. It also provides a complete system of tracking events, creating and storing recipes, ordering product, emailing, and archiving past events. Ularas also incorporates a payment system, making it easy for clients to make payments on their account.They are extremely open to suggestions and are constantly adding new features.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like. Perhaps the built-in help section could be a little stronger.

Response from Ularas

Replied May 2017

Thank you Sylvia! I appreciate you taking time to write such a thoughtful review. Love having you as a client! And you're very clever... thanks for working so hard in Ularas, you help us make it better! Cheers to a profitable wedding season!

Jacque from TWW Events

Best choice I ever made

Overall, I would and DO tell all my florist friends that this a winner! I was on hand form the ground up in the building of this site and the team really worked with REAL florists to build Curate/Stemcounter. I actually still call it S/C lol. The team at S/C is most always on hand to answer and help whenever I need it and I am a lifer!

Pros

What I LOVE most is the time I save with this program! It has literally taken HOURS off my work week!

Cons

I really wish we had a mass email function. for sales, promos, and even reach outs. and if you are a bit technologically challenged some of the features are hard to figure out.

Nicole from The Arrangement Floral Design

Ularas has worked great for my business model of event only work

Pros

Sending a work order and contract in one, payment links for clients to pay directly

Cons

I would like the recipe and flower info to be easier to use and change. The price of each flower changes from season and vendor so I'm not able to use recipes to my full advantage.

Response from Ularas

Replied May 2017

Hi Nicole, thank you for the review! I have a couple of different mechanisms in place to handle seasonal pricing fluctuations and vendor pricing. When you have time we can spend a few minutes going through how to easiest and most accurately handle those. The next step after accurate recipes is margin management which is life changing if you're not already using it. Reach out anytime you have a minute and let me help you through the flower library management. It's less a bear than it seems! Thanks again, please let me know how I can help!

Rachel from Liz Stewart Floral Design

New to the program, love it but still has a way to go for full functionality

New to the program - signed up in October. I am also new to the floral industry so I am a good "test" subject! I like the software overall but there still things that could be added to make it much more user-friendly.... A few examples are... 1. Integrate with QB - I have to double enter any payments made from a Steam counter invoice into QB in order to account for sales properly. 2. Would like to "name" deposits vs just assigning a date - i.e. "save the date" deposit, "50% deposit" etc... 3. Should include place for Grooms Name when entering new customer info 4. Would be nice for stem counter to create a recipe for you based on input of flowers being used and the overall budget for the arrangement - i.e. fill in the number of specific blooms needed based on price per bloom and overall budget 5. Would like a more consolidated, printable version for back office printing 6. Love the idea of the ability for clients to electronically sign and execute a contract from their mobile device rather than print, sign and scan the signed Steam counter proposal...

Pros

Love the ease of totally arrangement costs once you have a solid "master list" of flowers.

Cons

The inability to integrate with Quickbooks.

Response from Stemcounter.com

Replied December 2016

Thanks for the feedback Rachel! We have a few of these pieces of functionality being built out in the next month. Clients can currently sign via their mobile device, but I'll shoot you a message to let you know!

Ami from Little Miss Lovely, LLC

Curate has saved me so much time and has made my business profit

I love Curate. Because of Curate, I now know exactly how much of a profit I am pulling from each and every event I take on. The "shopping list" feature makes my communication with the flower wholesalers more efficient and the "recipe" feature makes it easier for me to create my arrangements once the products have arrived.

Pros

Curate makes my life so much easier. I used to spend hours pulling pricing for individual floral pieces and putting together estimates for clients. Curate does all of the hard work for me by pulling integrated pricing, creating beautiful proposals, and accepting payments.

Cons

Curates "uploading" feature for images can be a little off sometimes. I have a hard time locating images that I have uploaded or Curate makes new folders and files the images elsewhere.

Reasons for Switching to Curate

I wanted to save time and try to simplify the way I was running my business.

Lynn from Lasting Impressions of Tulsa, LLC

We're have tried several types of software. Stemcounter has been a real time saver.

Pros

The learning curve was simple and practical. Instead of spending lots of time learning the software, I was able to dig right in and get events out there in proposal form. The shopping list is very useful and I use it for our own rental items as well as ordering the fresh flowers from my wholesaler. I like the ability to save recipes so we're not recreating the wheel again and again. We can pull up what we've done, tweak it and show it to the client. Plus price it out. Our events frequently grow in number after most of the plans are set but we can add tables easily and the software calculates how many more fresh flowers and supplies we need.

Cons

I would LOVE a full floral catalogue of flower pics. And of course, with thousands of inventory items, we spend a lot of time entering the rental items. Being able to upload a list of our inventory would be super efficient.

Response from Stemcounter.com

Replied September 2017

Thanks so much for your comments, Lynn! We're so happy to have you as part of the Stemcounter community! If you'd like a full catalogue of flowers and flower pics, head over to your profile tab and check off the box to access the Mayesh Floral Library from your proposals. You can copy whatever you need into your own library. :)

Jody from An Affair To Remember

Love it! Life is easier with Stemcounter.com

See my pros; I love this software. It makes the business of running a floral/event design company so much more efficient.

Pros

1. Ease of creating and changing arrangements 2. Ability to add my own rental items 3. Professional looking proposal 4. Streamlined experience so that any of my employees can learn as input data and create the same proposal (that does the work for you) 5. It's always being updated with new features 6. Populating the flower order, the estimated cost and the excess....that's worth every penny by itself

Response from Stemcounter.com

Replied June 2016

Thanks Jody!! We're a big fan of An Affair To Remember as well. :) So glad that we can help make your company more efficient and your life a little less stressful!