• Pros

• "All the parents and students love it. It is extremely user friendly and the fact it has different languages to accommodate parents."

• "This is a great app/program to use to communicate with parents, especially at the elementary level. I can add announcements, pictures, and even keep track of parent contact. "

• "Great interface; variety of features customized for the teachers' daily use; admin features allow for the school admin to control communication levels (teacher-parents; teacher-classroom mom, etc)."

• Cons

• "There are times when parents are having difficulties with not receiving messages; however, tech support is there to help."

• "My only con would be page does not always load correctly on my computer or app. These are features the developer is working on and I can always find a work around so not a deterrent at all."

• "I wish there was a feature to assign 2 parents to a child for conferences. I have a few students with dual households that this would be helpful for...I do hear this feature is coming though."

Browse Bloomz Reviews

Tonya from MSD Decatur Township

Simplified My Life!!

My parent communication is so good. Before I used this app there would be miscommunications occasionally with parents. Students would forget homework or tell their parents they didn't have any. I used to do a parent newsletter that took quite a bit of time each week and I don't think anyone read. Now it is all on Bloomz. Scheduling parent-teacher conferences is a breeze. I have higher attendance and don't have a mess of papers to contend with and chase down. I post pictures of all the things we do in class and this gives a window into the classroom for the parents. I know this sounds a little odd. But I think parents like me better because I have so many positive interactions before any problems arise. So when one does we work together as a team. I think by providing so much information and being there to answer questions it just builds good relationships. I am a parent as well and my children have a couple of teachers that use another app similar but it just isn't as user-friendly. I wish my kid's teachers used Bloomz. It has saved me so much time and brought me teacher street cred with the parents. That's a win-win!

Pros

Bloomz takes the multiple things we juggle as teachers and puts them in one wonderful place. I used to keep a paper file to document all my parent communication. Not to mention the multitude of notes that I had to keep track of. This app helps parents and teachers. I can communicate with parents on their time and not have to worry about a note getting home to them. Parents have access to homework that may not make it home in the backpack. I could go on and on!

Laura from LCPS

Bloomz - The Most Effective Teacher-Parent Communication App

After comparing many parent communication apps, I have found Bloomz to be the most effective for all my needs as a classroom teacher. I am able to share photos and videos of our daily activities with parents so they can take part in our day. Using one-to-one and one-to-many messaging, I am able to keep close contact with parents. They can also private message me as well just like a text within the app and they do not need my phone number. Parents really like getting reminders from the calendar on which I post class and school events. It is really easy to create a volunteer sign-up schedule as well as a sign-up for needed supplies for the classroom. One of my favorite features is the parent-teacher conference scheduler. My parents have never signed up so fast and no notes got lost in the backpacks. My students love adding work samples to their individual timelines. I approve and add comments and then the item posts and parents can view and comment. My students also love the behavior management feature where they are able to grow their flowers for earning points for accomplishing behavior and classroom goals. I had 14 different languages in my classroom last year and parents really liked being able to choose their preferred language for translation as the app would translate my posts into over 80 languages. The ease of use and Facebook-like interface continues to make Bloomz the most effective app for parent communication and stduent digital portfilios. Bloomz is the All in One App as everything I need can be found in Bloomz! Using Bloomz saves me so much time and effort. It has helped me with assessment as I can review student work on their timeline with their photos, videos, or annotations. Bloomz also helps me have more instructional time in the classroom as students can record assessment items rather than being called over to my table to do the assessment individually. Student love practicing reading sight words and practicing skip counting as they record. These are just a few items for which I sue Bloomz for assessment. Parents are able to see what students are working on and help them review if needed. This keeping in close contact with the parents is very easy and is a pleasure to do as using Bloomz helps me, my students and my parents. Students work harder and put more effort into their work and projects when they know we will be adding them to their digital portfolios. Bloomz has helped my class become a real community that works together!

Pros

I really like the ease of use when scheduling parent teacher conferences and supply requests. Parents sign up immediately and there is no need for papers to go home.

Cons

Several new features are in development and I am eagerly awaiting their release!

Libby from Howard ECC, AHISD

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Bloomz makes my class parents stay informed of all things kindergarten.

I am a total Bloomz fan! The new updates make it so much better and user friendly.

Pros

Everything you need for classroom dissemination of information. I use Bloomz for all my class parents to keep informed of everything going on in class and at school. I also use it to post pictures of the children in school and for sign up for conferences and volunteering. My parents LOVE this tool for communication.

Cons

I’d like to be able to have more creativity with BOLD print and text looks. I’d like to use different text colors and different fonts.

Response from Bloomz

Replied April 2021

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Jessie from International Montessori Academy

Still a ways to go to make this app and effective and user friendly tool.

It really does focus on building a community through communication and allows you to create classrooms and track attendance.

Pros

In comparing Brightwheel and Bloomz, I found that Bloomz focuses more on building a community within classrooms for parents. The app seems to be designed to bring parents together to get to know one another and share information.

Cons

The functionality to track students and move them to various through transitions to different classrooms throughout the day wasn't quite there. Our school decided to go with Brightwheel based on customer service and application design. Getting our questions answered took a few days because our rep was traveling to India and we found that the overall demo of the product didn't wow us. In terms of it's functionality, it should probably be a free app until they have an app truly serves school needs besides building a community. Essentially, it's an for parent communication but not much else.

Jude from West Seattle Montessori

Parents Using Bloomz Help Children Succeed in School

Pros

It is important to attend back to school night at the beginning of the year to understand the teacher's expectations as well as school-wide programs and policies. Parents can easily sign up for conferences right inside the Bloomz app. Sometimes parents aren't sure what to talk about with their children when it comes to school. Parents using Bloomz just check the Bloomz classroom page! Teachers post noteworthy happenings on the newsfeed every day. You might find flyers for upcoming events, curriculum updates, or photos of student artwork. These are all great conversation starters. When parents are inquisitive it motivates children to take their education seriously because they know it is important to their family. This three way communication (parent, teacher, student) nurtures a meaningful bond between school and family life.

Cons

One update I might like to see in Bloomz digital portfolios is subcategories for each subject within the portfolio feature. For example, math could be one subcategory. I would upload all math work samples in the math portfolio so that users can scroll down and see just the math progress.  Time will tell how these digital portfolios evolve. The tool helps keep parents aware of specific learning targets in my classroom. The communication is constantly flowing. I am excited to see where the technology leads and how it continues to change parent teacher communication and assessment.

Diana from Auburn SD

Bloomz has increased my teacher parent communication tremendously!

Pros

Bloomz is easy to use and I love that I can access it via my computer, tablet or the app. It is easy to join and my classroom parents love that it is available in multiple languages. I can share pictures and daily updates in a quick second and the text messaging feature allows parents to communicate with me quickly, easily and efficiently. I really like the calendar feature as well, at the beginning of the year I input all my crucial dates and times and set up the reminders so I don't have to think about it again or worry that I am forgetting to communicate with my classroom parents. My favorite feature as a teacher, besides the texting, is the parent-teacher conference scheduler. My parents were all scheduled within 3 days and they chose the time that worked for them, they can also re-schedule on their own. It is amazing!!! No more back and forth, they can see what is available and choose a time that works for them. Since using this feature I have had 100% participation in parent teacher conferences. Bloomz is AMZING. It is a time saver and really brings parent-teacher communication to a higher level!

Stephanie from Elmwood Elementary School

Love the app and have used it for 2+ years in my classroom with parents. My audience is very appreciative of the timely responses that they receive. I am happy that I am able to use the application on a mobile device and smartphone so that I am able to help parents and/or students at all times even when I am not at home. I would highly recommend using this product!

Pros

Love the ease of use of the app to communicate quickly with parents while teaching. It takes the distraction out of trying to run back and forth to the telephone. Parents appreciate the timely responses as well!

Reasons for Switching to Bloomz

I was limited to the characters I could type and/or text. However, using Bloomz, I am not limited to my conversations. I am able to type as much as is needed.

Melissa from Sandia Preparatory School

Bloomz messages make my day - I love being able to see photos of my preschooler during the day!

Thank you! Thank you!

Pros

The teachers at my daughter's school use Bloomz to share snack calendars, classroom updates, and pictures. I truly love when the Bloomz emails/notifications pop-up on my phone, I love receiving updates and appreciate the connection Bloomz allows me to share with my daughter's teachers.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the Bloomz program and only wish that it were around when my older two were in preschool.

Michael from Pivot Staffing & HR Services

Wish this would have been around for my two older kiddos!

Pros

I love having the Bloomz app on my phone so that I can send and receive messages from my daughter's preschool teachers. In addition to having access to the classroom snack calendar, etc., I often receive pictures and videos. I can't help but smile whenever I receive Bloomz notifications, it's great having access to my daughter during the day.

Cons

I don't have any issues with Bloomz and wish it would have been around for my two older kiddos. Please keep up the good work!

Camesha from Miramonte School

Bloomz Software

Bloom is an overall excellent tool used in communication.

Pros

Bloomz is a very effective tool for communication. it connects the entire school on one platform for easy dissemination of information.

Cons

Bloomz will integrate everyone and highlights displayed as per classroom. If a notice is placed as an announcement it disappears after sometime so you cannot refer to the information again.

Dee from NUSD

Bloomz is Great for Teacher to Parent Communication

As an elementary school teacher I have been using Bloomz for 3 years for parent communication.

Pros

Bloomz basically functions like a private Facebook feed for teachers to communicate with their students' families, but also has much more! Teachers can post info, photos, and videos on the feed, schedule those posts in advance, message parents as a group or privately, create photo albums that all can share to, upload documents, create sign-ups for volunteers, items needed, and conferences, post assignments to student portfolios, import and share class/school/district calendars, and award points for behavior. Parents can upload photos, videos, and documents to student portfolios, message the teacher or other parents, and the Room Parent can create sign-ups for items and volunteers. Bloomz is accessible as a webpage on a computer and in the app for mobile phones and tablets.

Cons

The free version of Bloomz limits photo/video storage, so a teacher that posts lots of images of student work may run out of space and need to delete images. While creating a post, if you leave that window (for example: to go to your photo gallery to check a photo) you lose anything you've typed. Bloomz sometimes lags during uploading.

Danielle from Lakewood Elementary School

Bloomz has completely changed parent communication and participation in my classroom.

Pros

I love that Bloomz has so many features found in one space. It is easy to communicate with parents from any mobile device in seconds. This app makes it so easy to send out a request to parents and they are able to instantly sign up and see what else is needed so I do not get duplicates of items. It has many features for parents like the student timelines and behavior center. I also like to schedule things on our school calendar and Bloomz allows me to sit down and schedule annual events all at once. I can even set up reminders to parents! This is hands down the best parent communication app I have ever used.

Cons

I disliked the calendar function because it does not allow you to see a monthly view. They have resolved this issue by including this in the premium paid version.

Greta from Ries E.S.

Best app to incorporate paperless communication!

Pros

This app has made parent communication so much easier and effective! I no longer spend hours creating cute newsletters that I have to copy and send home with each student. I don't have to worry about whether or not parents received those newsletters either. With Bloomz, I am able to create instant posts! Parents receive them immediately and I am able to see which parents have viewed them and which have not.

Cons

The behavior management tool is a great feature. Unfortunately, I don't use it. I struggle with finding enough time to reward students immediately. I feel that in order to use the feature effectively, I have to be on my laptop/device at all times. Also, since my students are first graders, I feel that if I don't have it displayed for them to see, it will not make as much impact as it should.

Heather from Adams Cheshire Regional School District

I have been using Bloomz for a few years now and it has changed my relationship with parents!

Pros

This is the easiest app I have used to communicate with parents. I can message parents at anytime that is convenient for me. All of my parents were signed up for parent conferences in a matter of hours!! Plus it sends them a reminder the day before. Asking parents for items for parties is a breeze. By sending home a post with pictures daily (it really only takes 5 minutes) keeps parents informed of what we are doing. This is so much easier than the time consuming newsletters of the past. I can instantly message parents with questions or concerns and they can do the same with me. Bloomz allows me to communicate with parents on my schedule.

Cons

In the events calendar, you need to invite parents in order to let them see the even you create. I have had parents think that they are invited to the event and it gets confusing.

Tamara from Rankin County Schools.

I have had a wonder experience with Bloomz. It has been very helpful with parent communication.

Pros

I love being able to request help and specific items for signups. It has made planning special events and activities so much easier. I used to either buy everything my self because it was too difficult sending out paper wish lists and then tallying responces and then having to call or email to get duplicates chagned and request items not filled. Now Ia saving time and money and my requests are almost always filled. I love this.

Cons

I wish I could see and print past calendar items and signups. It would be helpful to show for documenting another part of parent communication. I often have to turn in communication records for various reasons.

Marie from Woodruff

Bloomz for Teachers!

Pros

I love Bloomz! I have been implementing Bloomz with my students' parents for over 3 years now. I love to use it as a communication tool. My parents can reach out to me and get a response within minutes. It's so much more convenient than voicemail and email. I also love being able to share pictures with parents of what's going on in our classroom on a daily basis. It's super safe because only parents of your students can see any pictures. Also, teachers have to approve anyone to join their groups. It's like a mini Facebook but only for your class!

Cons

Nothing so far. I love Bloomz and haven't found anything else that compares.

Response from Bloomz

Replied December 2018

Thank you for such very nice words!

Brooke from Pomona Elementary

Amazing communication tool! Parents ' teachers stay connected with posts and personal messaging.

The administrators monitoring Bloomz have been fantastic at listening to teacher suggestions and trying to implement them quickly. It just continues to get better.

Pros

My favorite thing is that I can "message" a parent or post class information no matter where I'm at. Even if I'm stuck at a ballfield on a Saturday without my computer, I can communicate with my parents. I love to post pictures, class newsletters, or updates on special projects -it helps keep my parents connected to my classroom. Another thing I love is how easy it is to schedule parent/teacher conferences or request items to be brought in. What used to take me hours of back and forth scheduling, can now be done in minutes. Bloomz is by far my favorite "teacher" app!

Amanda from TELC

I am the administrator of a private preschool& this app has been a vital tool for communication.

Pros

This app is easy to use and both parents and staff alike have thoroughly enjoyed it's positive effect on daily communication. We require Monthly Parent involvement and BLOOMZ has enhanced parent participation and supported thriving relationships. This app is helpful in sending out Daily Notes, once a week updates, photographs, Weekly Lesson Plans, and general updates such as Weather Closures and even reminders. Each teacher has been very excited to use this in their classrooms. It also feels like a secure communication platform that allows for a more personal communication between teacher and parent. It is imperative to our organization that teachers and staff be aware of difficult situations going on at home so that we can better care for our students. BLOOMZ provides a healthy and productive avenue for those types of communication.

Cons

The set up portion in which you must talk with someone before hand is a bit intensive if you are a director with a very busy schedule. I understand the value, but have found that to be very challenging.

Jessica from Edina Public Schools

A Necessity for Classroom Communication

Excellent interface and easy to use for teachers and parents.

Pros

I love the easy to use interface and the ability to share classroom news with families without having to send multiple emails, multiple texts, and making multiple phone calls. Bloomz saves me time and also allows a direct notice to families - who enjoy receiving notifications through the app and keeping up to date with classroom and school events, rather than receiving a paper notification.

Cons

Nothing I can think of - I enjoy that it has a similar interface as Facebook where I can make classroom posts or even send direct messages to families.

Alex from Tacoma Christian Academy

Great Customer Service

We are a small private Slavic school. We used Bloomz for just one year and some of our teachers really liked it. Unfortunately, our bi-lingual parents did not actively respond to the teachers' invitations to join the app. We are trying to get more involvement from the parents to make use of all the features we paid for. Customer service was pretty good. Our concerns have been heard and addressed properly.

Pros

Cons

slow-downs almost on regular basis (usually happen between 8AM - 3PM)

Erin from LCPS

Bloomz Review

This is another option to use for communication, but is becoming very popular in elementary schools

Pros

Cons

Obviously you are only able to communicate with those parents who actually go through with signing up for this program/app

Response from Bloomz

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the kind words! To clarify, though. Parents don't need to sign up for an account, as long as you invited them to your classroom, they will receive your notifications via email or text, depending on how you invited them. But thank you for the nice review!

Tim from Kings River-Hardwick

I am so glad I found this site and app! It has changed parent communication in my classroom!

Pros

My favorite features are the calendar features and the item request feature. It is great to be able to schedule parent conferences where parents are in control of the times you provide for them. Easiest conference scheduling in my 20 years of teaching! I also really like the ability to place request for items and see who signs up for what. These are huge game changers for classroom teachers!

Eileen from Fuller Meadow School

This is my second year using Bloomz. It makes staying in contact with parents easy and fast!

Pros

Ease of use- I can do it on my phone like texting. Parents love the quick responses I am able to give. Good communication with parents helps build trust and positive feelings toward you, the class and the school.

Cons

Not much! I wish I could use it in the landscape position on my ipad. As the software develops more advanced features, there is a cost associated (but the basic and quite satisfactory account is still free.)

Melissa from St. Henry Catholic School

Help in a crisis

Bloomz has done what I needed it to do and then some. My parents are checking their app and therefore able to see updates and information that I need to share. Parents seem to love the app and have embraced it.

Pros

I wanted a platform to streamline getting information and NTI plans to families. I was also looking for a way to be able to message families and children one one one and Bloomz has been fantastic. I love having the photo album to be able to share pictures with families during this time, but I intend to continue to use Bloomz in the future. Uploading documents and files has been fantastic.

Cons

Given the new demands because of Covid-19, I completely understand that sometimes the upload speed or posts have been longer than I would want. I'm sure that will improve in the future.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomz

A friend in a large county school district sold me on the product by showing me her account.

Amy from Castle Hills Elementary School

I started using this to connect with the parents in my class. It has been a game changer!

Pros

I love how easy is to connect with my parents. I send pictures, anecdotes, answer questions and more. My parents love how easy it is to reach me. I also love the timeline feature. My K kids love to show off their work!

Brittany from NHCS

Easy Communication

My over all experience has been positive. I have not found anything that I would change.

Pros

My childrens teachers use this software to communicate with parents. I have found it to be easy to use and an effective tool for communication. On this end of it, I have loved to read posts and updates on my children via an app on my phone.

Cons

I have not found anything as of yet that I do not enjoy about this software. I am pretty new to the process so that might change but so far so good!

João from ISEP

Bloomz | Education and Communication Intertwined

Being in the area of Educational Management, Bloomz has really helped me for the time that I've used it, with great functionality and ease of use, I definitely recommend it.

Pros

Bloomz is a great software, if you are either a teacher or a parent, allowing for easy communication with everyone involved with the students education making it a more streamlined and enjoyable experience, with messaging, calendars and updates of the class the student frequents to help you better understand how well they're learning. It's definitely an amazing tool for all education purposes.

Cons

There's really nothing to dislike here, it's a software that delivers what it promises, the only thing that I can that is negative here, is the fact that it tends to slow down a bit in the hours of more use, but it's not something that will compromise your experience.

Useful but could be more intuitive!

Overall, it is another great tool for communication between our parents, teachers, and administrators. It gives them insight into what the students are doing in school and easily can spread a message in a school community without the need of calling parents as one did in the past!

Pros

I like that it connects the school community together much like any other social media platform! It allows me to easily make announcements to the school and to specific groups within that community and that is the best part of it in this modern world.

Cons

It isn't the most Intuitive software given the advancements in social media platforms over the last decade. Still new to using the platform but because the learning curve is steep in how to effectively use it, I find myself wasting time trying to make sense of how to do things or add people on the platform.

Angel from GPISD

It has been helpful

Pros

I like being able to schedule the text to the parents. When I think of things I like to enter them and schedule them for a certain time. Also when we have upcoming events I can go in and put a reminder so that it will automatically be sent and I don't have to remember the day before.

Rochelle from School of Business ' Management High School

I cannot live without Bloomz at school

Melanie from Exeter day School

Connects families

Pros

How families could talk to one another - comment and coordinate and socialize

Cons

No robust enough from the school/teacher end of things. Wish there were places to track diapers/potty training, or the ability to run school payments and for parents to see their bills in one place

Response from Bloomz

Replied December 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Please know that we do support tracking for diapers, potty etc. Simply create a "Room" in the app and use the 'Activity Reports' to track these.

Earl from WolfJuice

Communicating with Teachers Made Easy

Pros

Teachers can not only message all the parents of the children in their class but they can also contact you one on one about your kid.

Cons

You can't communicate with other parents through the app.

Response from Bloomz

Replied September 2019

Thank you for your review. Please notice that you can communicate with parents through Bloomz, but that's an option available to the teacher of the classroom or the administrator of your school. Thank you!

Bilinda from Effingham County Middle School

Bloomz was a lifesaver when it came to sharing information about my students with their parents.

Pros

The best thing about Bloomz is the people behind it. Response time to queries or issues was less than 24 hours and the professionalism and courtesy extended to users exceeded my expectations. Now that I serve in a supporting role in my school, I encourage all my teachers to use Bloomz because I know and trust the service provided along with the program.

Cons

New features sometimes meant there were glitches that would crop up, but the Bloomz staff were quick to address problems and provide assistance whenever it was necessary, and I trust they will be just as responsive to those to whom I recommend Bloomz.

Melissa from Woodland Elementary

Bloomz is a great app that allows parents to know what is happening in our classroom.

Pros

I love being able to communicate quickly and easily with parents. I love that my parents tell me how much they enjoy knowing what is happening in our classroom. I love being able to post student work, share picture and send reminders. Parents can message me instantly. I have never felt as connected to my students' families as I do now that I use Bloomz.

LeAnn from Lubbock

Goal Setting Must Have

Absolutely love how easy it is to communicate with my students parents!

Pros

The features in Bloomz is absolutely amazing! I am able to communicate with parents about student progress and set goals for their child to reach!

Cons

Parents had a hard time with learning how to use the program but it was remedied by walking them through it!

Bloomz for substitutes

Great tool in the classroom and easy enough to figure out.

Pros

I've used this software a lot during substituting and it is very easy to figure out and use, especially when in a new classroom.

Cons

There wasn't anything I could find that I didn't like about this software, I have no complaints about it.

Caitlin from St Anthony New Brighton school district

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Used for my Newsletter! Great!

I thought this was a great parent communication tool for me this year. I liked the ease of setting everything up,and that my families could choose how they wanted the information, as well as like and comment on the posts. Some families preferred messaging me over the Bloomz tech. so I'm glad that was an option for them.

Pros

I loved that I could easily share pictures and updates with the families in my classroom. I liked that the families could choose if they wanted texts, emails, or notifications to see updates.

Cons

I didn't like that I couldn't add more than one photo at a time if I was trying to upload from my phone. This was super frustrating when I wanted to add 15-30 pictures to an album.

Nancy from Baker Place Elementary

Perfect for Parent-Teacher Communications

Overall, this app is perfect for parent-teacher communication. Its simple to send a quick message and even reply privately to a message sent to all parents.

Pros

I love that this gives me the ability to quickly contact my child's teacher even when they are not at school. She is able to post pictures from during the day, send reminders, and even allow us to sign up for snacks or upcoming extra products.

Cons

Finding the "turn notifications on" spot on the app was difficult. Even though it allowed me to turn them on during set up, it only turned on some of the notifications and not all of them. So I missed the first few class snack sign ups.

Erica from Hinojosa EC/PK CENTER

A+++ Couldn't ask for better

Pros

I love this program! It has saved me so much time as an educator, and my students and parents love it!

Sergio from City of wasco

Industry: Law Enforcement

Bloomz

The Bloomz app is a great way to stay engaged with kids classroom. It works better when the teacher is a daily user showing kids activities. Especially nice to communicate with class parents without sharing personal info.

Pros

The application is a great way to stay in touch with teachers and class parents. A very consolidated way to communicate.

Cons

The application is not attractive or visibly appealing compared to others. The app has a lot to offer and could be a little more user friendly.

Good way for teachers to communicate with parents individually or as a group

Good way for my children's teacher to contact those in her class in a group or private setting. Parents can also message each other in the same manner.

Pros

This is a great way for my children's teacher to communicate with me about how they are doing in school. It allows them to send out pictures of what they did in class that day. The teacher can send out invitations and can see where people have accepted or declined the invite. Parents can get on the app and write messages to each other or to the teacher. This is so much better than texting or trying to get them on the phone.

Cons

The worst part about this is the phone app isn't as convenient as it could be. It takes a few minutes of searching to get to where you are usually trying to go. I can't seem to get rid of some notifications posted months ago for an event that is long past due. It also does not push notifications to my phone like I think it should.

AMANDA from Little Jayhawkers Daycare

I can see what is going on with my child in their classroom

Pros

I love seeing the pictures and learning what is going on in my child's classroom. Plus the teacher will post important reminders for the parents.

Cons

It's up to each teacher what and how much they post. Some teachers post a lot more than others, while some rarely post.

Chelsea from YMCA of Greater Indianapolis

Love it!

Pros

I love that this is like a social network for my classroom. You can create events, ask for volunteers, and share pictures quickly. Parents can post to one another and interact with teachers quickly and easily.

Cons

It takes a bit of work to get parents involved. The support team has a lot of good information for teachers- i just wish they had the same to share with the parents.

Bloomz for substitute teachers

I've liked using Bloomz, I would just prefer to work with Classdojo instead.

Pros

I like that it motivates the students and allows communication between the teacher and the parents of the students.

Cons

It is not quite as easy to use as Classdojo.

Jeff from First United Methodist Church

Great classroom to parent communication, feature rich

Great and consistent communication

Pros

Boomz not only offers consistent communication options between teacher and parent, but also offers many features not found in other apps such as calendar and signups.

Cons

Better desktop web interface would be nice. Also, this is more a complaint about the entire field, but it would be nice to not have different apps for each activity, it gets confusing.

Diana from Little Woodshop

Industry: Fine Art

Bloomz is great for connecting with teachers

I loved being able to securely send messages to my child’s teachers and being able to connect with other parents that had kids in the same class.

Pros

I felt that it was easy to use and I liked that I was able to securely send a private message to my child’s teachers.

Cons

I can't say that I have anything negative to say about the app. My experience with it has been very positive.

Josiah from DISD

Blooming with Blooms

Pros

The software allowed for me to communicate with the parents of my students as well as providing a platform that helped students with any questions concerning assignments, deadlines, and tutoring schedules. The app allowed for my parents to also receive notifications of their student's progress. In addition, parents enjoyed receiving pictures, updates, and celebrations of the students at various school functions and field trips.

Cons

Sometimes the pictures would take a little bit longer to upload onto the page. However, once uploaded, every parent could receive the update.

larissa from Xevo

Using it for communications with my 1st grader teachers

Pros

Good tool to be in contact with the teachers. The tool was chosen by the school and it was no problem to download and start using it.

Cons

Not standing out from any other communication forum tools - not sure why our school chose this one.

Heather from Everydaykids

Bloomz Basic

Pros

It is has lots of options to create polls, sign ups and ask questions. Great for teachers and community

Cons

It has been a bit buggy at times and sometimes confusing when trying to wait to be added to a class was clear that they had to approve you

Kaitlin from Harris Early Learning Center

Love!

Pros

I love the direct communication it gives me to my son’s teacher. I love the instant updates on things that we upcoming in the week for school.

Cons

Sometimes it’s hard to see the newest notification when you first get into the app.