Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"The ease of turning rosters into spreadsheets; easy access for sending messages; Ease of use for the public."
  • icon"Easy interface, organizes necessary reports and finances, support is always helpful, they are always making improvements to the software."
  • icon"The ease of use, very user friendly and easy to help our customers through the site when I'm dealing with them over the telephone."
  • icon"Redundant unnecessary pages need to be completed for each registration, a big problem on busy registration days. Frequent locking up and freezing."
  • icon"That is always going to be the most difficult part when changing from one system to another though."
  • icon"Setting up new seasons has been difficult for us."

Have you used CommunityPass and would like to share your experience with others?

All CommunityPass Reviews

Community Pass for all

This being my fourth registration and tracking software, it is far more easy to work with, it is picked up and understood by the consumer far quicker than others that we have used. For my daily operations it has been a welcomed change and I can work quickly to solve potential issues for myself and my constituents.

Pros

I am from the "older generation" and I found this software easy to use. Moving from one platform to another is easily done, there are no limits on users so I can have multiple windows open at a time which allows quick movement back and forth when working on a report or helping a customer with specific question.

Cons

When messaging I cannot "cc" my staff so that they are receiving the same message that registrants are gettting. There are times when I need to get some information/reports that need to come form different areas (normal registration & POS) and it is at times not as direct as I would like.

Response from Capturepoint

Daniel, thank you so much for the review. It's great to hear you found the software easy to use. Thank you for your feedback as well, we are continuously improving CommunityPass, and suggestions like yours are valuable.

April 2022

Pound Ridge recreation and Community Pas

Coming for RecTrac, it has been a pleasure to work with

Pros

the ease of registering someone anywhere and able to check rosters and send emails on the fly

Cons

Setting up new seasons has been difficult for us

Reasons for switching to CommunityPass

The cost to add the Vermont Systems online portion to what we had would have cost more than to switch completely to Community Pass

Maura

Time used: Free Trial

Community Pass was a lifesaver

We went from 2 people doing my job down to just me and we desperately needed a system that would help streamline the job. Community Pass was the answer. Allowing parents to register themselves, view their accounts when they need to see what they owe, and the convenience of online payments was the key to making my job easier. The Tewksbury Public Schools originally signed on to Community Pass to use for our Adult Ed and Before and After School Program. We have expanded it to the high school for club fees, athletic fees, and parking permits. They also use it to collect all the required paperwork parents fill out each school year. We sell tickets to events, order yearbooks, and much more. I think we use the system for more than Community Pass even intended it to be used for. The convenience of copying a current season for the next one is huge. You do not have to start from scratch everytime you start a new session, like our Adult Ed classes. Parents love that they can access their account at any time, from anywhere (thanks to the cloud) and see what they are registered for and have paid. We also use Digital Attendance on our ipads for check in and check out at the Before and After School Program. Parent like that is secure because the person checking their child out has to know their family ID. It tracks our attendance and saves on paper. I also love that I can work from home because the system is web based. Overall I have had very few complaints and customer services is beyond what I could expect. They always call me back, take care of my issues in a timely manner, and are very polite. I would like to see them do more with the financial piece, when you enter expenses and there is more than one for a particular expense code and item, you have to add the total up yourself. But that is doable. I can't say enough about Community Pass. I highly recommend it and would be happy to discuss it's uses with anyone interested in hearing more about it.

Response from Capturepoint

Thank you Maura for taking the time to share your review of CommunityPass. We are so happy to hear all the different ways CommunityPass has helped you and the Tewksbury Public School community. Glad to hear that CommunityPass Digital Attendance is well-received at your before and after care programs. We find enabling parents and authorized individuals to electronically sign in/out children really does provide peace of mind.

Replied February 2018

Melissa

March 2022

5 stars for CommunityPass!

We have had great communication with communitypass since the beginning. I am not the expert in our office however I feel very confident in the software and feel I can get anything answered if I need it.

Pros

I love that this software is internet based and can be accessed anywhere you need it.

Cons

I do not feel we know all of the ins and outs and abilities of this software so I do not know if I can think of a con that I know for a fact is the software itself.

Reasons for switching to CommunityPass

The licensing was getting to be too much. We paid for a certain number of people to be on at one time and we had more people than that in our office.

Response from Capturepoint

Melissa, thank you so much for the review. We are glad to hear CommunityPass has streamlined licensing for your user needs.

Mona

Community Pass review

CommunityPass provides the opportunity to create our own reporting which has been very helpful. Our Finance department is happy with the services and reporting procedures

Pros

Cons

Integration was perfect for us as we were coming from not offering online registration at all. Adding the credit card feature to our process was needed due to downsizing of staff. Having access to emails to send reminders and changes regarding programs was necessary.

Response from Capturepoint

Mona, thank you so much for the review. It's great to hear that integration was perfect for you and works well with the reduced staff size.

Brett

A Great Site

Pros

We offer a variety of programs, trips and events, I like that all of them can be advertised on the site. I also like that all of our customers tell us how easy it is for them to use at home.

Cons

When you are a new user some of the setup can be challenging but once you have gone through the process a few times it becomes much easier.

Response from Capturepoint

Brett, thank you so much for the review. We are thrilled that CommunityPass has streamlined your processes for all of your program types and provided easy access for your customers.

Brian

May 2022

Community Pass works

Overall it is a good experience.

Pros

The online registration makes it easier to handle. Bulk messaging helps get word out.

Cons

The software does not meet all of our needs. There are Township specifics that the program does not address.

Response from Capturepoint

Brian, thrilled to see your online registration and messaging have become easier. We are always improving CommunityPass and your feedback has been noted. Please reach out directly so we can pinpoint a solution to your specific needs. Thank you.

Kim

May 2022

School Community Programs

Community Pass is a wonderful tool to meet the needs of our programs!

Pros

Ease of parents registration and Registering/Collecting payment for programs

Cons

Parents can create duplicate accounts and we cannot delete accounts

Reasons for switching to CommunityPass

Cost and Overall ease of use.

Response from Capturepoint

Kim, we are happy to hear that your registration and payment collection process is going well. We are always improving CommunityPass and your feedback has been noted. Thank you!

New CP Users

Online registration

Pros

I like that we can register individuals for programs as well as them going into their own account to register themselves. I like the face of the homepage and the ease of navigating through the site.

Cons

It's a lengthy learning process - as I think I have something understood there is then something else that I didn't do correctly or seem to need to find a new way of doing it. Some things are difficult to find, but the Help section gives detailed directions.

Response from Capturepoint

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you are enjoying CommunityPass' modern interface and streamlined navigation. If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team. In addition to the online help and training resources, we also offer free monthly webinar training. We are confident you will master the software in no time!

Replied November 2018

Shelley

Community Pass has been great. It has been very user friendly for both the staff and our customers.

Customers have been able to register online much easier than the previous system. Previously, our office staff were having to register everyone while on the phone with them. With the new system they aren't having to do that which has allowed them to do the other tasks they need to get done each day.

Pros

Community Pass has been great for us, and has been very easy both to implement at start up, and to use on a regular basis. Our previous system was difficult for our customers to use so about 70% of our registrations were done over the phone with our staff having to do the registration. We just opened our summer registrations, and we had very few phone registrations. The customers were able to go in to register for their program easily. If I had an issue, the staff responded quickly to my call or email. The staff were able to implement this system very quickly for us so we could be ready for opening a new facility. We began implementation in early December and were fully implemented with memberships, printing membership cards, and registering for activities by our Grand Opening January 20. We are very happy with Community Pass.

Cons

It is not really a con, but the most difficult part for us has been trying to figure out how to enter the activities so people are able to register how we need them to register. That is always going to be the most difficult part when changing from one system to another though.

Response from Capturepoint

Thank you for your feedback Shelley. We are happy to hear that your transition to CommunityPass has been a smooth and speedy one, and that your customers find registering via CommunityPass easier. If you have any questions about how to enter an activity, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team. We also offer free monthly webinar training that our new customers find especially helpful.

Replied May 2018

Jill

From Good to Great!

We've used Community Pass from it's start. it has evolved over the years to be very complete. The staff are very responsive, and the training videos are clear, and the quick webinars on topic specific functions are timely. CapturePoint has continued to add features and additional modules to meet the needs of most Recreation Departments. Whenever we come up with a new challenge, they are willing to tackle it. We've recommended this service to many organizations. We just need to be able to send out e-newsletters embedded in the email. I'm looking forward to mobile app!

Pros

Inexpensive, but has a lot of functionality. Many reports are pre-set, and we can make our own report templates. Consumer friendly.

Cons

We can't embed a pdf file in the body of an email to be sent out to all our address book - for a beautiful eye catching e-newsletter that markets our programs and events. We have to use another provider, and continually update the email address book from Community Pass.

Response from Capturepoint

Thanks for the feedback Jill! It's wonderful to hear what a great experience Mt. Olive Recreation is having with CommunityPass.

Replied March 2018

Betty

My experience with Communitypass has been excellent.

The ease of use for our office staff as well as our customers. Over the years as the software has improved those changes have made it easier on a daily basis as well as monthly and year end reports that I need to provide the district.

Pros

Cons

Currently the changes but, that will just take some getting use to during these changing times. I'm hopeful that once the changes are made over the entire site I will feel more comfortable.

Response from Capturepoint

So glad to hear you are having an excellent experience with CommunityPass! We have been systematically applying a new design to our Administrative Site to allow our customers to become comfortable with the colors and styles slowly before the whole site is transformed. We are in the home stretch of this project and are confident you will be happy with the result.

Replied February 2018

Maura

The online customers find it MUCH easier than our previous software.

Online customers need much less hands-on assistance from us, saving us time for our own work in the office.

Pros

Our calls from customers needing to be guided through the online process have declined substantially.

Cons

Poor searching and sorting. Redundant unnecessary pages need to be completed for each registration, a big problem on busy registration days. Frequent locking up and freezing.

Response from Capturepoint

Thank you for your feedback Maura. Happy to hear your residents are finding CommunityPass so easy to use! Please note that with the redesign of our Administrative Site, tables are now sortable and there is a new search button in the menu bar on the home page that will allow you to quickly and easily search for Programs, Seasons and Catalogs from anywhere within CommunityPass. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support team to discuss turning off those pages for you since many are optional.

Replied May 2018

Gail

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Product Support

Overall positive.

Pros

Product support is top notch. Anytime there is a problem I call and the problem is resolved on the first call in.

Cons

Customize reports taylored to our needs.

Response from Capturepoint

Glad to hear our customer support team has resolved your questions quickly Gail. We are always here for you!

Replied November 2021

Alexander

Easy to do simple things, difficult to do complex things

Ease of use, low maintenance, easy record keeping, quick look up

Pros

Once you set everything up, it takes care of everything automatically. It becomes very easy to ensure everyone has a waiver on file. It is also great that community Pass generates reports to show attendance in an easy to read manner. We send out emails to all of our program participants, so I like that I can copy all the emails at once.

Cons

It is difficult to do anything greater than a simple function. The process for refunds is very complicated, and it causes problems for our customers. It is also difficult to create exceptions and make special rules for events.

Response from Capturepoint

Thank you for the review Alexander. We have recently updated how CommunityPass handles refunds and credits. Please contact your technical support representative to have them show you this new functionality.

Replied March 2018