• Pros

• "The program is easy to use. It is easy to train others to use it as well."

• "It was a pretty simple program to use. Any problems I had, support was great to help!"

• "The software is easy to use for our summer camp needs. The client & technical support has been amazing to work with."

• Cons

• "Some of the functions can be obscure and hard to learn, but once you figure out how they work, you're set."

• "Changing the format of a report is difficult. However, I call customer service and they step me through the process. "

• "The software is still being improved as it is a newer company, however, they allow the customers to have a say in its development."

Browse EZCare Reviews

Tara from Almost Home Academy

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great for child care centers

Pros

This is so easy to use and manage child care facilities.

Cons

We often run into issues with the program crashing.

Response from SofterWare

Replied November 2018

Hi Tara, Thank you for taking the survey. I am glad to hear that you find the system easy to use. Your organization currently has the installed version of EZCare which is installed on your servers. Your IT person would best be able to determine what is causing the servers issues.We do have a Hosted Version of EZCare which is stored on our servers and a Cloud Version. If I can answer any questions for you I can be reached at (800) 220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Bradley from Wonderspring

Long Time User

Price-wise they were better than many and likely still are. New companies are coming out more and more...for many years the competition was slim pickings. I'm glad we've stayed with them through their changes and am interested in how being bought by Procare affects the quality...hopefully for the better.

Pros

For years we used the local server and then the hosted version of EZCare. We migrated to the website version a few years ago now. The website has a good user interface, the design is mostly intuitive and I like how often they are adding to the software/improving its quality. There are many staff members who've been great help over the years we've been with them.

Cons

Our migration experience was not terrific but we also had data that went back a few decades and there were issues on both sides. Softerware support team eventually did a good job addressing the related issues in a timely manner. I wish their custom reports were better...but their reports section is decent and the EZViewer gives an option to generate a type of report via pdf or excel that you can manipulate further once exported.

Reasons for Choosing EZCare

We were looking at alternatives related to wanting a website version.

Sandy from Kingdom Kidz Learning Center

UNezcare is the True Name

They charged me for the online monthly billing from parents although I was never able to use it. I've asked them to stop charging me for the online monthly billing (parents pay their tuition fees) but they continued to charge me for something I could never use.

Pros

My customers could sign up online. Other than that the software isn't worth the monthly fees charged. There are other softwares out there that are much easier for you and your parents to use.

Cons

Online version is very small to read. Their IT people could not get it working. They blamed my computers. I told them to put it on a computer and send to me with a bill for the computer. They wouldn't do it. I had to sign in and go to a special setting to make larger then scroll all over to the different views. They expected me to provide this to working parents in a hurry to drop off their children at sign in. They continued making excuses, as I offered a solution they wouldn't accommodate since they knew their software was a problem on newer computers.

Response from Sam

Replied February 2018

Hello Sandy, we're sorry to hear you're not satisfied with the hosted desktop version of our software. Our client relations department has requested a refund for the online monthly billing fees for February; it was an oversight during the process of cancelling your subscription, and we apologize for the inconvenience. As for the other issue, the hosted desktop version is not optimized for your resolution, though we were able to get most of the functionality to show up for you at that size except some tabs. We received your request to ship two new laptops. Our focus is on software, not hardware, so we don't provide or sell them. If there was any misunderstanding about these issues, we apologize. The new web-based version, EZCare, may have a better option for your center. Please reach out to our client relations team if there is anything else we can do.

Nebra from Bethlehem Childrens Academy

HappyCamper

Pros

I love the EZCare software, it has been a lifesaver for our preschool, we purchased this product over a year ago, it has served us very well. The Timeclock helped us to keep attendance for our students and allow families to sign their kiddos in with ease. We integrated our payment system into EZCare and it was a smooth transition. During this COVID-19 pandemic, EZCare has made it so easy for us to still stay engaged with our families with no issues. I love the ability to go to their in-house support data page, "Community" to find helpful tips and instructions on how to complete a task.

Cons

The process of add new students to the Timeclock could be a little smoother, without having to synchronize the two systems every time.

Marcee from Calvary Nursery School and Child Care

Great support, very responsive company

My overall experience with EZCare has been very positive. The support team is wonderful, helping to figure out best ways to match what I need with what is available, and encouraging engagement in the community platform for design and use updates, and acting upon those user suggestions. They are always working to support and improve the product.

Pros

This allows us to keep our student enrollment records organized and easily accessible. It has also streamlined our invoicing and payment process, saving time which saves dollars. The design teams have been very responsive to figuring out ways to best serve clients with regard to tracking attendance and helping to streamline that process while supporting us in capturing the data we need for reporting based upon state regulations.

Cons

When it times out on me while I am doing entry causing me to have to log back in.

Laura from Neighborhood Coop Nursery School

Considered leaving, Ended up staying

Overall, we have had a good experience with EZCare. When migrating to EZCare, we felt completely supported! There was a team to help us, very organized. They were available for as long as we needed.

Pros

I find the latest version of EZCare very easy to use. The produce has evolved to become more intuitive. When there is any question, Customer Support is very helpful. The training is exceptional, with many offerings and the ability to view past webinars.

Cons

I do feel that the option to customize reports is still in development.

Reasons for Choosing EZCare

We had considered switching from EZCare. Some of the other softwares we considered did not have strong data collection/storage AND Parent involvement tool. They had one or the other. EZCare had both.

Anita from Trinity Child Care

Great company with a great product

EZCare online has been so beneficial to my company. No matter where I am I can look up a child’s information and, therefore, respond to an email or phone call I’ve received.

Pros

It’s great having all the children’s information in one place. We don’t have to have different spreadsheets for different aspects of the child. It’s easy to keep track of vaccinations and when they’re due. I also like being able to search for a parent or child by first or last name. The customer service department is so helpful.

Cons

I wish I could print what I’ve done from the screen I’m on rather than having to go to reports. Like when I post a batch, it’d be great if it gave me the option to print it there.

Erin from Hickory Grove Early Learning Center

Great Resource for Time saving Management

Overall the program is outstanding, The training provided is top notch. This program will benefit your program greatly.

Pros

This product is easy to use. Helps keep our facility organized with records, payments, and other day to day functions.

Cons

The add on of a Child Care Food Program related program would benefit a lot of centers.

Kim from Lamb School

Great Software for Preschools

Very positive. We made the right decision in moving to the online child care software.

Pros

The software is really easy to learn. It can be confusing at first because there is so much to it but the Support Staff is amazing and answers any questions quickly. I love the look of the software as well.

Cons

Sometimes when I have a question and do not want to call in to Support, I check the Question and Answer board and it's hard to find what I am looking for.

Reasons for Switching to EZCare

COVID was the main driver but we had been discussing it for a few months beforehand.

olivia from Creative School

Newbie

We never invoiced before and that has been great. The ability to contact all families through email also.

Pros

The financial end is very user friendly nice to post payments and set up auto pay. Reports are easy to read and understand. Customer service and training very available and beneficial

Cons

As a new user it can get tricky remembering the different features that are integrated. That is where the ease of contacting and working with customer service has been great .

Reasons for Choosing EZCare

Ease, support and cost all fit our organization

Needed to update

Erin from Webster Central School District

Beyond inpressed

1000% happy!

Pros

We came from a company/software that was not user friendly (for staff or parents). We were overwhelmed with happiness and joy when we made the switch. During the first 2 weeks of use, the staff was calling each other saying "wow" or "did you know we can now do xyz". The onboarding process was smooth and EZCare kept us updated of the progress. In addition, the live training (via webinars) was informative and the trainer was very knowledgeable. Finally, the "community" section of the software is a large library of help and tutorial videos, that allowed you to learn at your own pace or to choose what areas you might have clarifying questions on. What we like most? Everything! However, if I had to choose, it would be the experience the Parents have when registering (we are online only). It looks professional and it is user friendly. We opened registration in May, and we did not have ONE person who called with a complaint or questions on how to register (that has never happened before). Additionally, the Parent Portal ease to make payments, update payment information, make updates to accounts and seeing their child(ren)'s schedules.

Cons

We have limited space at each of sites, with a large number of students that "need care". Therefore, we open registration at a specific time to allow a chance for all to gain a spot. It would nice to have a feature, to set a "go live" time on the registration link. We also would love to see "coupon codes". We do promotions throughout the year; registration fee waived, $10 off non school day, etc. Finally, it would be cool to have a section on the parent portal to upload documents, such as Parent Handbook, flyers of upcoming events or Permission slips that need a signature.

Features and the Demo

Reasons for Switching to EZCare

functionality, parent feedback, not user friendly.

EZCare is an incredible preschool software

Overall it's been a great software and they continue to improve. They're open to suggestions from the public who use the software. We've seen an increase in our time management by not having to enter every single piece of information on an account and allow the WebLink form online enrollment to handle this.

Pros

We use EZCare for the preschool located on our church campus and transitioned to it from CCM. It has an incredible way of handling family information and the fact that it's cloud-based is a HUGE plus. Our preschool workers would have to come in on snow days and log in just to send emails or texts out to parents about the snow day. Now they can send those texts/emails from the comfort of their home. The switching of paradigms when moving from CCM to EZCare was a tough curve to get over, but EZCare has a great implementation team that teaches you along the way how to use the system that you've helped create. I like how EZCare is able to meet what you need out of a system and not restrict what's needed to one specific pattern. While making it easy on the teachers/workers, it also helps parents with the parent portal. You can use this as a parent to make changes to your child's information on file in the system, and set up payment information/make payments. As a worker, you can use this portal to also record information. Also, online enrollment is AWESOME!

Cons

So far the only con we've had is that it did take a while to understand the changes from CCM to EZCare in how billing was processed, information was entered on accounts, etc. But truly the training team does a great job in helping you to understand through that.

Response from SofterWare

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review. Glad to hear how much you are enjoying using EZCare. I love that your teachers/workers and parents are liking the system, and that you have found online enrollment to be awesome. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist.

Melissa from Countryside YMCA

EZ-Care is EZ!

I cannot recommend EZ-Care enough! It is the easiest software program I have used to manage our childcare sites. We have eight childcare locations that I (the accounting specialist) manage. The ability to connect all of our programs is wonderful! This software is user friendly and allows us to focus on what is really important, the kids in our care! One of my favorite things about this program is the ability to customize it however you need to. You can add fields that are important to you. Other programs I have used required the company to create the fields and they charge a fee per field added. EZ-Care allows unlimited fields and you have the ability to create them yourself. EZ-Care also allows you to create your own reports which is extremely helpful! You can create them to include any of the fields you have created. We use these for rosters, balance dues, staff training, medical, health care plans, assessments, extra-curricular classes, etc. EZ-Care has also made billing extremely simple! Majority of our families are on our EFT draft (process all payments with the few clicks of your mouse) but we also have Insta-Charge (ability to run payments instantly in the system) and Click to Pay (online bill pay). These functions have dropped our time of manually inputting cash payments and checks down to 1%! With a program this wonderful, we haven't needed support all that often, but when we do, they are AMAZING! They have the friendliest, most helpful customer service I have ever interacted with. Not only do they help with whatever issue we are having, they also often offer ideas or tips on how to do something easier or better. I highly recommend this software to everybody! After working with it for eleven years, I haven't found anything it couldn't do that I needed!

Pros

user friendly, billing, reports, time saver

Cons

n/a

Danielle from Northville Public Schools Early Childhood Education and Extended Day Programs

Fantastic Program / Top Notch Customer Service & Training!!

This software is oustanding! We have been a user for many years! The upgrades and options to streamline day to day billing and A/R functions - continue to save both parents and our administration hours upon hours! The options are ENDLESS with EzCare! The ability to customize the software to your centers needs is the best feature. As we all know, in the Early Childhood / Extended Day world - times change, rates change, schedules change, staff changes (as all these are happening constantly) -- with a quick click or two - EzCare is there to make day to day functions transition with you without a problem! The Support staff and training offered are helpful beyond description - from the knowledge base online, to the online support request options, to the phone support - they are always there to help solve ANY question with EASE! When we wonder, "how could I do this... ?" , a quick phone call to support and they are there to trouble shoot -- even logging right into my system to walk us through it step by step. We love EZCare - and would HIGHLY recommend this software .

Pros

Ease of use , Dynamic Support System, Training & webinars, Customizable to your Center's ever changing needs -

Cons

There isn't anything NOT to like about this software!

Elsie from Kiddie Kollege Preschool and daycare

EZ Care experience at KK

I use EZCARE at Kiddie Kollege, a small daycare center, to post payments, enter clients information, and post tuition. I use it to help email invoices to parents so that they may keep track of their balances. It also provides them a statement to use for tax purposes. This has taken a lot of work off the owner.

Pros

EZCARE is easy to learn. As a new user 3 years ago, I was not sure if I would be successful. But once I began to enter date and payments as well as posting tuition, I realized that the program is user friendly.

Cons

I have only had one question that I would like more support for and that is changing the way some of the form I use look. Changing the forms required some steps that I am not familiar with.

Response from SofterWare

Replied January 2019

Elsie, thank you for the awesome review of EZCare hosted child care system. I am thrilled to hear about your success with the system. :) The support team would be happy to assist you with any questions you may have when working in EZCare and the forms you are using. They can be reached at (800) 220-2229. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Asher from Sugar Hill Weekday Church

EZCare Review

Over all it does what we need it to do. The few items that I listed above, I feel, would make the job run smoother.

Pros

It's fairly easy to use. Helps to keep our families information well organized.

Cons

There are a couple of things that would help make emails and ledger run smoother. I don't like how I can not go back to the family tab or ledger while sending invoices. I can not move the screen for emails over to look back at ledger for reference without closing the email screen. Then when I pull it back up I have to retype everything. If there can be a way to have more functionality between screen without have to close them, would be a big help. Also, spell check for emails should be added.

Response from SofterWare

Replied February 2019

We are so glad to hear you find the system easy to use and it has helped organize your information. Many of the features in the system come from clients suggestions. We would love to hear from you in the Client Relations Department We can be reached at (800) 220-3537. Thank you so much for your review! It is appreciated.

Jennifer from Day Care Junction

EZCare really is EZ!

Parents love the ease of us being able to quickly pull up any information on their child/children, in case it needs to change, or if they need a copy of something. Of course, we wish we were on the version that offers the Parent Portal, so they could do those things themselves.....but our Business Office is too stingy to pay the extra cost. We also love being able to offer card payments, rather than just checks or cash.

Pros

Easy to learn and operate, even when updates and changes come along.

Cons

The ONLY thing I miss about the program we used to use is the automatic Tuition Posting when we opened the program each Monday morning. We have to remember to manually post tuition each Monday, which can get a little dicey, depending on how the day starts out!

Response from SofterWare

Replied July 2019

Thank you for the wonderful review of our desktop version of EZCare. I am glad to hear that you find the system easy to learn and use! When your ready to move to the version with the Parent Portal let us know. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Jasmine from Palcare

EZ-CARE Review

Pros

Easy to learn, easy to find what ever I was looking like when I was looking to do a report, or last day for attendance , first day of starting, posting payments, emailing the ledgers to the parents. Easy to ready the ledgers ( for me) and explain the accounts to the parents, Support team are very helpful , every time I call I learn a lot from them.

Cons

Slowing down in the afternoons (in our time, California) a lot used to be a lot, but now it's getting better, it's not easy to put the parents or children's pictures, I like it to be easier.

Response from SofterWare

Replied October 2018

Thank you, Jasmine, for taking your time to review EZCare's hosted system. I am glad to hear you are finding the system easy to use. Please reach out to the technical support department about the slowness you are experiencing with your system. The Support Team is always happy to help with any questions you may have. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Diana from Anna Bing Arnold Childrens Cnt

EZCare is a great software

I have used EZCare for about 30 years. The program makes our center run smoothly, the option to store almost any information in the database makes it easy to quickly access information, like immunizations, to complete a report.

Pros

The online version is great I can access the program from anywhere. The tech support is very helpful and will help you step by step when you want to make reports or have a problem. The option to merge information into forms makes sending notices to parents quick and easy. The program is customized for what your center needs. I love the program and as time passes it only gets better.

Cons

I can't think of anything I do not like.

Response from SofterWare

Replied April 2019

Diana, . I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoy using EZCare. Thank you for your continued business over the years. Anytime you have any questions our support team is happy to help. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

EZCare Review

Pros

I loved how much information can be added onto each page as needed. I also loved all the different reports that could be made using all the different information entered. This system keeps students accounted for and keeps track of their information seamlessly. Also, the customer service was always phenomenal whenever assistance was needed.

Cons

The only downfall was getting used to making reports. The first few times were challenging to figure out alignment, correct info needed, and other things. But, I would just hop on the phone and a representative was there to assist me and help finish the report.

Response from SofterWare

Replied June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of EZCare hosted system. Glad to read how much you love the system. Anytime you have questions the support team is happy to help. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Andrea from Shirat Hayam Center for Early Education

EZ Care has made a world of difference in our Center!

It’s been wonderful! Support is so helpful and kind. I am organized and I can plan ahead far better than in the past.

Pros

All of our families information is in one place! I can project my numbers and see where I have space. I can see what I will be billing out in advance. I am able to build and tweak the system to meet my exact needs!

Cons

There are too many clicks to change schedules. I wish I could copy and paste! I can’t email both family contacts at once to include them in my center emails. I never know if my web registration is done uploading because I have to refresh it to make the screen change.

Response from SofterWare

Replied January 2019

Andrea, Thank you for taking your time to complete the review of EZCare online child care software. I love to hear that EZ Care has made a world of difference in your Center! It sounds like you've got a great idea to improve EZCare that would save lots of time. We take customer suggestions very seriously and review the Suggest & Vote site regularly when planning our product roadmaps. In 2018, we completed many clients suggested improvements from our Suggest & Vote site. If you need help entering that idea, we would be happy to assist, The Client Relations Team can be reached at (800) 220-3537. We look forward to speaking with you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

June 2009

Amy from University United Methodist CDC

June 2009

I love ezcare and have been a client since the late eighties.

I love ezcare and have been a client since the late eighties. This is the only center management software that I have ever used, or would ever recommend--I believe softerware has has been doing this longer than anyone and their experience shows in a superior product, and excellent customer service. The old DOS version that I was using was still adequate, however the developments over the past 15 years or so have made a great program even better! The software is truly easy to use, and if you get stuck, the support team will "hold your hand" until you figure it out--they are without a doubt the most helpful software support I have ever dealt with.

Pros

Does so much more than my old DOS ezcare program! Being able to bill parents and subsidy programs separately has made life much easier. Now we know how much the parents actually owe, and how much our subsidy programs are responsible for. Billing in gereral is so much more streamlined--it is literally something that can be done now in about 5 minutes! I also love being able to link directly to parent's e-mail addresses. The report wizard makes it simple to customize reports, and the cabinet/drawer system allows for so much flexibility in data management. We also purchased the time clock component which has the capacity to simplify billing and payroll even further. The Church administrator/Treasurer is impressed with all of the different types of information the reports can generate, and loves that he can get his information now in excel format! I also really enjoyed the webinars!

Cons

I was a little surprised at how much data entry was necessary even with the personalized data backup! We still have not caught up on entering immunization information! The staff drawer was also completely empty, so although you're not starting from scratch, you are definitely not transferring as much data as you think you are.

Camille from PYLUSD

EZCare EZ2USE

Pros

This program is very easy to use. I have used this software program for some time now and over the years, features have been added to adapt to the way consumers pay for services. I love the Insta-Charge feature that enables our clerks to take payments on the spot. The information on each tab is easy to read and assess the information needed.

Cons

While there are many pre-made reports that can be modified, it is somewhat limited on the ability to create personalized reports. However, I believe EZCare is coming out with a new generation of software that is supposed to address this issue.

Response from SofterWare

Replied June 2019

Camille, Thank you for the awesome review. I love your title " EZ2USE". Glad to read how much you enjoy the system! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Katie from FCCPS Extended Day Care

We Love EZ CARE2

I have appreciated the updates we have received through the years and the innovations we now enjoy. However, I had thought that by being hosted, there would be more updates more often. EZ2 is a great program for our needs and overall we have enjoyed using it. Customer service is top notch and everyone is great to work with. We don't hesitate to call support when needed. Looking forward to the new update soon!

Pros

Billing and payments have really made the difference in our monthly bottom line. Having an up to date database of children and families is invaluable!

Cons

Simple features like cutting and pasting are not normal and therefore challenging. We would like to be able to add attachments to blast emails.

Julia from Visitation School

EZCare- Great Customer Support!

I've used them for over 10 years- the upgrades over the years have been fantastic.

Pros

Customer support is great. The wait time is never over 5 minutes and all of the people know what they are talking about. In the rare occasion that they can't resolve an issue while on the phone, they follow up within 24 hours to let you know where they are on finding a resolution. I don't ever dread calling the support line!

Cons

There are a couple little things that seem cumbersome (i.e. you can't cut and paste time ranges in the schedule, instead you have to set each range using their clock feature). There is a good chance that there is a work-around for some of these little things, though, and I just have not figured them out yet!

Kyley from Tender Loving Kare

EzCare

Customer support is great! Someone is always there to help support and answer any questions I may have.

Pros

I have been using Ezcare since it was a downloadable software. I have loved the switch over to the web version and being able to log in from anywhere. The program is user friendly and saves tons of time on my billing and tuition process.

Cons

Not as many reports available yet but they continue to add more all the time.

Reasons for Choosing EZCare

We switched to the web based program to be able to save our data and access from anywhere.

Response from SofterWare

Replied June 2019

Kyley, Thank you for the awesome review of EZCare. You will see more and more reports being added to the system. :) I will let the Support Team know how much you appreciate them. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist.

Jennifer from Swartz Creek Community Schools

Outstanding Software

We started using EZ-Care about 30 years ago as a DOS based program. We have grown with the company and used several versions of this program. Anytime that we have struggled (which is rare) tech support has fixed our issue in no time. We also took advantage of having one of the Softerware employees come to our center to completely personalize our software for us and teach us how to use the program when we first switched to the window based version. It was money well spent, every person you deal with throughout this company is outstanding. I love that everything is integrated into one program. Busing, Ledgers, Classes, and anything else that you would like to track can easily be added without much trouble at all!

Pros

Ease of use and outstanding customer service.

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about this program yet.

Carol from Rowlett Academy

EZ Care has streamlined the billing process.

We are solving a lot of the problems that Covid has imposed on our program. Contactless drop off and pickup, Online Payments and invoicing has really helped.

Pros

The online billing and payments through the parent portal has made the collection process so much easier. The data entry has been reduced by 75%. Start up was a very smooth transition and setting up for each new school year is easy.

Cons

We have two sites and sometimes the payments in a family that have multiple children at both sites gets paid to the wrong site. Not sure how we can keep this straight.

Reasons for Switching to EZCare

Became a Charter School and price the district was going to charge us was not comparable to EZ Care.

Carol from Crafton Children's Corner

Hooray for EZCare

Pros

The support of EZ-Care is awesome. Their availability is quick and everyone I have dealt with has been professional, polite and very helpful. I just recently set up emailing the bills to our families. They helped me set this up and it has been wonderful. It is quick and saves so much time. They also have great tips on their WEBLINKS to allow you to read about things you might need help with. They are always updating and our Childcare Center is so glad we are working with EZCare.

Cons

Integrating our system was easy because they helped and it was transferred very easily. The hard part was me learning a new program.

Kyley from Tender Loving Kare

Ezcare user

Our centers switched from the original Ezcare to the online version. I love that I can access the program from anywhere and stay up to date on tuition and payments.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and how it manages everything from parent information to billings & payments. I also love that they are constantly updating and taking suggestions from users.

Cons

The ledger can be difficult to read without viewing an invoice.

Response from SofterWare

Replied December 2018

Kyley, Thank you for taking your time to complete the EZCare online child care software review. Glad to hear you are having a wonderful experience using EZCare and that it manages your parent information and billing payments. SofterWare is listening and we love getting feedback from our users. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Camila from Rayito de sol

User Friendly Software

Having software that is easy to use and fast working is key, also its amazing to know that there is a group of trainers that will help me with any questions at any time if needed.

Pros

It's user-friendly and it's cloud-based, if you are managing various sites it's super easy to use

Cons

Only one person can log in at a time, sometimes Id like to log in with someone else also being able to work on it if needed.

Reasons for Choosing EZCare

EZ care was the first I found and I had no doubt it was going to work amazing, didn't look into other software.

Response from SofterWare

Replied October 2019

Camila, Thank you for the awesome review. I am thrilled to hear how much you are liking the system. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Margie from Child Care Information Services, Inc.

Ez-Care helped us tremendously

Since we are not a daycare we customized EZ-Care to use in a unique way that helps us maintain information on the children we serve and the progress they have made along with a place for parents to comment on their service. We create reports specific to our needs for reporting to other agencies and use within our company. We do not use EZ-Care for payment collections or the same way most daycares use it. This was so much easier than creating our own database in Access or another database program. We were extremely pleased with the way we could customize it for our needs and the way the programmers worked with us to set this up.

Pros

You can customize the software for your specific needs.

Cons

Sometimes reports can be a little difficult to get the exact results you need.

Rachel from SPLASH Day School

Easy to Use

We were preciously using an offline system and the freedoms and security offered through using the online functions of EZCare are invaluable.

Pros

This software is easy to easy to use with no or only a little understanding of online software.

Reasons for Choosing EZCare

We liked the customer service we received.

Reasons for Switching to EZCare

The other system was becoming obsolete.

Sharon from Lake Shore Child Care

Like Having a Business Assistant

We have used Ez-Care for years. We now use the payment module. With Ez-Care we have been able to do less manual input for our families. Once the payment schedule is set up, it is just a matter of pushing a button. We have fewer families that are behind in payments. We plan on using Ez-Care for years to come because it covers all our needs.

Pros

It covers all the business aspects of doing child care

Cons

It takes a lot of time to input the original information but this would be the same for all software

Debbie from Dianne Adair-Westwood

Where do I start with EZ Care? I've never had a bad experience with the system, every time I've had a problem whether it was technical, or just a general question I've always been greeted with kindness and never made to feel my concern/question was silly. I've even gotten follow up calls from Mary to be sure that my service was a good experience. This an easy system to learn, there was a learning curve, but it wasn't hard to learn. Thank you EZ Care for always being friendly.

Pros

Easy to learn and tech support always available.

Cons

Sometimes (Not very often) the wait time is long. Don't like leaving a message to have a tech person call back, however, when I've had to do that I've always have gotten a call within an hour.

Cassie from Trinity Lutheran Early Learning Center

Review of EZCare

I believe EZCare is great because it's so easy to use. If there is a problem I don't hesitate to call customer service as they are always so helpful and polite.

Pros

The customer service is great, very polite and helpful. We like all of the different options for reports, and most of all how easy it is to use.

Cons

Overall we really like this product, it is hard to come up with a negativity about it (in my experience with it)

Response from SofterWare

Replied December 2018

Cassie, Thank you for taking your time to fill out the review of our EZCare2 software. I am glad to read all the nice comments about our customer service and how much you like using EZCare2. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Elsie from Kiddie Kollege Preschool & Daycare

I love the prompt response that I receive whenever I need customer support.

NA

Pros

The software is easy to learn and use. When I was introduced to it in 2015, I thought that I was going to have difficulty learning it. But I did not.

Cons

To change a form looks complicated. I needed to add a column to a form once and when the support technician went in to make the change for me, it looked really difficult. I would like to be able to make these changes myself rather than call for technical support, but whenever I have called I have gotten the help I needed immediately.

Response from SofterWare

Replied September 2017

Elsie, Thank you so much for the kind words. We are always trying to make our products easier to use. One area we are working hard on is making it easier to customize forms. Hopefully, in the not too distant future, you will not need assistance. But as long as you do, never hesitate to call our great support team.

Tonya from Bugbee Children's Center

Industry: Individual & Family Services

User Friendly Child Care Software

My organization has found EZCare online child care software to be more than capable of handling our mid-size center's daily needs.

Pros

EZCare online child care software is very user friendly with additional features being rolled out regularly. The development team listens to user feedback and often takes steps to implement user suggestions.

Cons

Available system reports are somewhat limited. However, customized reporting is being introduced and new system reports are being added regularly.

Reasons for Switching to EZCare

Initially the switch was made due to internal system upgrades.

Sherry from Calvary Summer Academy

EZ-Care2

We use EZ-Care2 for our summer camp needs and they worked with us to make it work for our needs without compromising our processes.

Pros

Cons

My only complaint is that the student log-in is done on an iPad that we have to remotely log-in to their server and can have a little bit of a wait time.

Response from SofterWare

Replied June 2019

Sherry, Thank you for the wonderful review of the EZCare Hosted System. I agree with you that the support team is amazing. :) They are always happy to help! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Gisela from San Jose Charter Academy

Excellent

I have more control on managing the data on payments. Online and by person. It make it easy sending parents their invoices rather then contact them over the phone.

Pros

Very easy to manage our before and after school program, convenient to communicate to parents and keep track of payments ect. Parents has the opportunity to access to see their payments and make them as well.

Cons

I think the only negative aspect that parents are not happy, is that families with more than one child...on the payment receipt, you can only see one child's name on it not both names.

Ease of use

I have found that families keep up with their balances better than before. They love the "click to pay" option.

Pros

Easy to use, saves time, keeps families informed about balances.

Cons

Sometimes glitches / freezes. It does recover quickly.

Response from SofterWare

Replied August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the EZCare online review. I am thrilled to read that your parents love the click to pay option. This is a popular feature in the EZCare system since it makes paying invoices easy for parents, deposits payments directly to the bank account, and is easily downloaded into the EZCare Ledger. Make sure to check out our newest feature for online registration! We would like to hear more about the glitches you are experiencing so we can look into this for you. The Client Relations Department can be reached at (800) 220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Jessica from Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Preschool

Great program! Easy to use, AMAZING customer service!!!

It saves time for running reports, billing tuition, and receiving payments.

Pros

The ability to streamline our tuition charges and payments. I love the payment processing suite. I also like all the different reports that are available.

Cons

Response from SofterWare

Replied June 2018

Hi Jessica, Glad to hear you are having a wonderful experience using EZCare and that it saves you time running reports, billing tuition and receiving payments! If you have any questions using a feature please don't hesitate to call support.

Jessica from Seven Oaks Academy

So Much More Thats Not Used

I used it for billing with private pay as well as state paid. Keeping track of meals, immunizations. Sent email reminder to the parents when shots were due. Teachers could send updates of the child’s progress to the parent. Many organizations do not know everything EZCare does.

Pros

The software allows you to do everything in regards to the child as well as the teacher.

Cons

Customer support. It was hard to get a hold of someone to talk to.

Reasons for Choosing EZCare

The cost. EZCare was much cheaper than the other software companies

Ashley from WonderCare

EZ care is easy!

I love the billing options.

Pros

I love how easy it is to customize reports

Cons

I think just the difference from The previous program i used.

Cody and efficiency

Moved to another company

Catherine from Stars and Stripes Learning Station

Really like the program and ease of access.

This software reduced the amount of time I spend on posting payments and contacting parents. It is easy to use and the Parent Portal is great .

Pros

The program was very easy to use from the start. Love the ability to email parents while in the program. Easy to send group email. Parents can update info thru the parent portal.

Cons

We are still waiting for some features to be developed. Error messages when posting paper payments and when trying to run reports if using Chrome.

Response from SofterWare

Replied June 2018

Hi, Catherine, we're all very happy that you've discovered the time-saving features we hope all EZCare customers will experience - emailing parents and groups, parents updating their own information in the Parent Portal, and ease of use improvements we made to posting tuition. I'm going to look into when you can look for improvements to error messaging for payments and running reports, and I'll contact you directly about those issues.

Lori from FBCTrussville WEE Center

Life is Easier With EZCare

I am the financial associate for a childcare program of around 300 students. The billing process and online payment processing has made my workload a whole lot more manageable. When I first started with this software company it was called KidsCare and we only had around 175 students. The growth of our facility has been greatly helped by the continual improvements that EZCare makes. We have been able to offer our parents multiple ways of making payments and we have been given multiple ways to communicate with our parents. EZCare is a win-win for us and our parents!

Pros

Click to pay

Cons

setting up filters

Cheryl from The Nurturing Nook

EZCare Online

I have had a great experience with EZCare. Having a payment portal on our website has helped tremendously with online payments.

Pros

I like the ease of use with the software. I like that it is web based and accessible wherever I may be and that my information is backed up daily.

Cons

I miss being able to customize reports. Hoping that the custom report writer will be completed soon and that I will be able to customize reports in all areas.

Reasons for Choosing EZCare

We chose EZCare online since we were already using EZ Care 2. The transition was easy.

Reasons for Switching to EZCare

I made the switch because our business was looking into the EZ Smiles App option. However, due to the happenings this year, the app has not been something for us to implement.

Paula from Hesston Community Child Care

Industry: Individual & Family Services

EZCare Makes My Job Easier

There are many features that I have not learned so I am certain there is more to gain. I look forward to learning what other ways I can save time and work effort.

Pros

I work primarily with the enrollment and billing processes. The features make these processes streamlined and straightforward.

Cons

There isn't anything about the software that I don't like. There are many features that I have not learned so I am certain there is more to gain.

Irene from The Montessori School of Pensacola

Customer support is awesome!

I have only had one negative experience with customer service in the 8 years I have been using EzCare. It turned out she was just having a bad day! There is one person in particular named Joy that truly fits her name! She finds great joy in helping me when I get her for my customer service rep and I can't thank her enough for her awesome personality and expertise.

Pros

The customer service!

Cons

Not having more opportunities for in person training (workshops). I can't teach myself how to build a report because I don't do well with online learning.

Jill from TLK

EZCare/Softerware review

NA-we have not updated to the online version

Pros

The program is easy to use. It is easy to train others to use it as well.

Cons

I don't really have a major issue with it. However, we have not switched to the online version yet. So we still have to back it up every day. That is my only compliant.

Response from SofterWare

Replied October 2018

Jill , Thank you for the awesome review of our EZCare2 software. I am glad to hear you find the system easy to use. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist