• Pros

• "User friendly , Consist of all features which preschool would want to make their daily operations easier."

• "The reach and thinking involved included most areas that can be touched upon. "

• "Great product, user friendly and has got the features easy for non IT population to easily use "

• Cons

• "There were some minor glitches or crashes in the app, but after notifying the support team, the problems were solved promptly!"

• "The CCTV live streaming and the bus tracking service needs a few enhancements. "

• "The cons that have come up are very few and mostly relate to the internet services which automatically gets sorted. "

Browse Illumine Reviews

Ishita from Sophos Technologies

I virtually see my son learn and grow

After whatsapp if there is any other app I use daily, its Illumine. Its like a necessity for me as a parent of a 3 year old.

Pros

It has everything I could ask for. I am a working mom and I always felt anxious and guilty for not being there for my boy or not be involved or informed enough. Its like Illumine has crept into a parents mind and collected all the needs and built this app. I can see what activities my toddler son is doing, i get the notifications, I know when he ate, what he ate, when he slept at all times. I immediately get to know if he got hurt or had a quarrel. The UI is pretty good (Sorry for the PM in me speaking). I can drop notes to the teacher. I can very well communicate with the school admin and have all record of conversations. I see the reminders at all times. I see the lovely pictures of my boy with all his friends and it fills my heart with joy.

Cons

One tiny thing could be that if a school does not use a specific feature, may be that can be hidden so the parents don't see it. Although my son's school uses almost all features, they don't have the live streaming thing. So may be if that feature can be completely hidden.

Selina from Agata Montessori

Using Illumine in pre-school on a daily basis

Other than upgrading our kindergarten's standards by embracing technology and going paperless, Illumine has effectively smoothed our internal management as well as improved our organisation's system. Parents are also satisfied, if not impressed with the app and how we make use of it. This app will definitely be a bonus and an additional reason for parents to send their kids to our pre-school and child care.

Pros

The features available are perfectly catered for the needs of pre-schools as well as parents. It is really user-friendly, be it for the admins, teachers or parents. Even the more elderly teachers that are not familiar with the latest technology can use the application with ease!

Reasons for Choosing Illumine

Initially we were just looking for a platform to conduct online learning during the covid-19 outbreak, and we stumbled upon Illumine and the platforms mentioned above. I was impressed with the excellent customer service that I received, hence I decided to start the trial. We explored the other features offered in the app and thought it would be nice to take this opportunity and stand out from the other pre-schools in my country.

Gaurav from Luv kart

Illumine - easy and intuitive

I use illumine at my children's school to check their daily activities and meal reports . It is quite fast and intuitive . It lets me checkin or checkout my child with the help of simple QR code scan They use it for car pool on an iPad and it helps me track the car movement as well. The school moved from a pen and paper set up which was much slower due to flipping through the clipboard to find your kids and signing for each of them. It lets me add medical and food notes as well. Such a relief when teacher marks such notes completed with a picture. Plus, if it was raining the papers were a mess. The school has the iPads at the reception that still allows for signature with the touch screen.

Pros

Illumine helps make the connection between home and the preschool setting stronger. It allows teachers and parents to communicate important information to each other. It allows for photos to be shared with the families, so that they can see the learning taking place in the classroom. It allows me to keep track of the development that my child is going through, in a very structured, easy to understand format. I like this software a lot

Cons

I really do not have any cons for Illumine. My experience has been very positive and I like the product and their user interface . I am being 100% honest when i say that I have never had to contact customer support so I can not speak to that, but I do know that the implementation of the solution was pretty simple .

Bharath from Blueyonder

Need improvement in the UI navigation

It was a pleasant experience

Pros

The facility to upload pictures and videos

Cons

When I want to see a particular day's dairy, all the dairy details will come up.

Jeni from Vineforce Inc.

Very useful especially during the pandemic!

If you're looking for a child care management platform for your school, I would absolutely recommend Illumine because it's very user-friendly, very straightforward, all you'll need for your school is all in one place. As a parent, I wouldn't have to switch from one software to another and read endless emails from teachers just for school updates. All the information I need about my child's performance is accessible at my disposal, without checking different things from different platforms.

Pros

My kid's school used this, and the whole experience to communicate with her teachers and receiving daily reports about my child would not have been much more straightforward. During the pandemic, extra updates such as online learning and activity sharing with learners are handy, and she felt connected to her teachers even though she is away from school. They have various tools, such as notifications, assessments, fee collection, Lead CRM, etc., all in one place. Still, I hope her school would use all the functionalities as I know it would be so much more helpful for teachers and students.

Cons

As of now, the experience is pretty pleasant, and if there are any problems, the team will be quick to resolve it for us.

Roopa from Techmahindra

Using for KinderGarden

Its a good experience can be little more improved ,Good job team :)

Pros

Update,Activities,Consult tab for raising concerns,leaves & teachers notes ,Calendar events to check for upcoming events/announcements. Photos to keep checking my kids photos they keep posing in parents absence it will add an excitement as a parent

Cons

Till creche has to get implement or use of many features like fee payments,live streaming and so on . This will add a wonderful experience hassle free tasks

Response from Illumine Labs

Replied March 2020

Thank you for taking your time out and reviewing us ma'am. We support payments, live streaming and bus tracking, etc. But your school hasn't enabled these features on our app. We will reach out to your school to share this feedback and also request you to do the same :)

Ankur from Hsbc

Great product but can improve on live interactivity

Wonderful so far and expecting a long journey together

Pros

Cons

It can possibly do something more on the live interaction feature adding; at the moment as I know it’s all about posting content but no live interactions are there

Saurabh from Microsoft

User friendly application, has got basics covered

Pros

Ease of Use. Quite intuitive. All the basic features - submitting homework, attendance etc. are covered.

Cons

Integration with calendar (Outlook, Google Calendar) missing. Notifications for meetings would be a big plus I shall be able to categorize meetings (Regular class vs PTM vs Virtual visits)

Rashvirr from Vivero International Pre School

My experience with Illumine app

My overall experience with Illumine has been excellent as per the reasons given in the Pros section like ease of use and all necessary features in one package

Pros

I have loved the Illumine app ever since I started using it as it is very user friendly. My work has become so much simpler and less time consuming as it has all the necessary features in one package like student attendance, sharing documents, lessons and assignments, sharing photographs and videos, posting announcements and reminders and scheduling meetings.

Cons

No concerns as such except that sometimes I have to download the picture and open with software like Paint to convert to JPEG.

Megha from Allscripts

Pros

Not a very user friendly interface...cannot see pending taks in one click in the mobile app. Should be able to send email from the app. More filtering/search options required.

Cons

Ok so far.

Juhi from Harness

A good software for childcares

A lot of paper is saved. Also a lot of followups on emails, SMS are saved by using this product. The experience has been great and their support team at times has gone out of their way to help. Overall the experience has been great.

Pros

I like their billing system as I used to lose a lot of paper invoices before. It used to taxation issues at the end of the year. All the receipts are now available in my mail as well as in the app. The live streaming/CCTV feature is great as it lets me see my kid once in a while when I am at work. Also, I can share medical and food notes in the app and I don't have to follow up with the teachers to see if they have completed it or not. Also since I do not use other social media that much I used to miss out event photos previously which I am now able to see in their app.

Cons

There is no option to mark a photo as favourite. Since the school shares many photos I hope they give an option to mark a photo or a video as a favourite.

Response from Illumine Labs

Replied March 2020

Thank you for your review. We got your review today and coincidentally we released the favorite feature too!! Once you receive the update you will be able to use this feature

Kanderp from Indihood

All-inclusive Child Care Center Management Software

So far I love everything about Illumine! They are quick to sort out any issues if we rarely have them. Time and again they surprise us with new features.

Pros

There are more things than I can list about why I like Illumine as a parent. I love being able to check in on my kid any time during the day with there Live streaming feature. My kid's school uploads pictures in afternoon and I eagerly wait for it during my lunch time. It helps them feel a part of my kid's day at daycare . Apart from parent communication, I like how bills are always available in my email and also sending food and medicine notes to the class teachers.! Recently they created a video of my kid's journey in the school and all the family members were absolutely delighted with the video.

Amruta from Sandbox Daycare and Early Learning Centre

Over all experience is too good. Full illumine team is very good and great at their work. Knowledgeable and always ready to help and solve our query.

Pros

Its a very user friendly app. It was very easy to start using it. The app has features that are easy to use and due to the app the daily operations and updates have become very fast and tip of the finger. The adding of schedule and events is the best feature i like. We have also started using CRM which becomes very easy for us to track the new enquiry.

Cons

Few features i have to add for all the centres by selecting different centres. It should have been like we add things and it has an option of having it for all centres. For example when we add events. We have to add for all the three centres . It should at a click "add this event for all centres" You click on "YES"

Tasneem from Neev Preschools

Best Childcare Management App

Pros

Cons

The application contains all features which I was looking for for my preschool.

Reasons for Choosing Illumine

I could customise it on my school needs , dashboard which gives me proper stats , I can do marketing of my school through the application itself. User friendly among teachers and parents.

Tirth Raj from Gyan Saarthi Education Pvt Ltd

Illumine works for my school

Pros

We have replaces our school diary with illumine. It is easy to use, saves a lot of time for our teachers and the onboarding is very simple. The best thing about Illumine is their after-sales service and we have received solutions for all the queries/bugs almost immediately.

Cons

The CCTV live streaming and the bus tracking service needs a few enhancements.

Naga Ravi Prasad from IBM

Illumine is overall good product but it needs some improvements

Overall, with the age of app, it is performing good. But still needs some improvements.

Pros

1. We can closely watch kids activities on timely basis. 2. We can watch photos of events and activities in school 3. We can update our photos at home and download school photos 4. Communicate with teachers and care takers about his deeds and chores

Cons

1. It is not possible to download all the photos at once 2. We need live monitoring feature by linking webcams with illumine app 3. Customer care needs to be very prompt in answering queries

Diptesh from Edu-Lo-Sung My Play School

School App Communication

Very satisfying.

Pros

Excellent App to keep parents updated, realtime of every happening in school right from academic progress, nap, food, potty, kudos, incident, medicine, etc., etc. One stop solution for parents to raise queries, apply leaves, check events & holidays, communicate anything to school.

Cons

Product should be a bit more economically priced.

Promote a start-up venture

Fahad from tekion

value for money and relief for parents

Made my life easier as Parent” Overall: As a parent of a twin illumine has made me a less anxious parent. In the early days, I used their live streaming feature the most. But slowly I transitioned and started relying a lot on daily updates. I like the fact that the school is also proactive in sending the nap and food updates

Pros

Previously the school provided an app each for bus tracking, live streaming, and communication. Now they do everything through illumine. It has made my life as a parent much easier .

Cons

I wish I don’t have to scroll through 100 pictures to find a picture of my child. As I understand technology I know it is difficult to build face recognition but they can at least give an option to mark pictures and updates as favorite for future filtering.

Puja from Sandbox Childcare and Early Learning Centre

Great Customer Service and Ease of Usage

Illumine team is very proactive in solving our issues at all hours. The app is very easy to use and has many features that will make life simple for both customers and school management

Pros

About the software - lots of features, easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues with timely updates but they are taken up by team immediately

Response from Illumine Labs

Replied March 2020

Thanks, a lot for such a positive review. We really enjoy working with your team.

Nikhil from PwC

Illumine is great and long way to go!

Illumine replaced the handwritten diary notes from my child’s school. I was assured by the school that I will get continuous updates. I was not disappointed. I am able to check the food menu every day and accordingly decide whether to send the meal or not. Previously I had to followup with the teachers about the medicine notes for my child. Now I simply have to log on and log a medicine note.

Pros

I simply love their medicine and concern section in the app. It saves lot of effort on both on my side and the teacher side.

Cons

They can improve their push notifications. At times it comes with a delay. I have raised it to them and they have said they are working on it

Vikram from Home Depot

Camera views

Pros

The updates that we get regularly with pictures and information on activities is a positive

Cons

The camera views require me to individually select the view which takes time, it would be beneficial to have all camera views available or have an option for the parent to choose the camera views they'd like or use more often and have a single button to be able to see all the views in it

Response from Illumine Labs

Replied March 2020

Hello Vikram , Even we felt that our CCTV feature was lacking a punch and wasn't up to the mark. So we set our minions to work and revamped the whole suite. Please upgrade to the latest version to see the CCTV in exact way you described in the review

Satish from Joey Academy

Great solution for pre-schools

Very pleased with the partnership.

Pros

Constant innovation resulting in feature upgrades. Intuitive to use. Amazing support.

Cons

None at all. Any bug identified is immediately fixed.

Reasons for Choosing Illumine

Price, flexibility and service.

Logan from LC 360 Ltd

Industry: Law Practice

Great for Schools

Pros

My child’s teachers use this app to keep us up to date about what he is eating and learning in class. It then allows us to follow up on the lessons from home.

Cons

I wish there was an option to respond to the posts or comment on the photos.

Response from Illumine Labs

Replied March 2020

Thank you for taking your time out and reviewing us Mr Logan. We have an option to enable comments for photos but it is activated based on the school's discretion. We will reach out to your school with the feedback and hope they allow us to enable this feature. Also in the next release we are introducing the concept of marking your photos as 'favorite' for easy filtering )

JAYA MADHURI from TECH MAHINDRA

CHILD AT MY TIPS

Pros

This app is very easy to access and know my kid daily activities so that I can work comfortably

Cons

No, Everything is fine as now which I feel

Marieta from Cosmos Kids

Easy to use app

We are very happy with the support team for every time fast reply.

Pros

It is very easy to use from parents and teachers. Easy to upload many photos and videos, fast connection with the parents - messages, observations, reminders, etc. Thankful for improvements that they do designed for us.

Cons

bugs occurs sometimes especially with notification correlation.

Reasons for Choosing Illumine

Many functions, especially virtual class. The price is reasonable.

Rohit from Isobar

Industry: Information Services

As a User

Pros

Notifications , activity creation and payment

Cons

response should be quick as current and downloads as well

Radhika from Gateway

Illumine is a great app for day care activities

Pros

The fact I don't have to ask each and every detail to the daycare representatives and it gets automatically updated The interface is pretty smooth, Notification is very good The icons for representations are cute and friendly. Many features to receive as well as send information Its a thoroughly thought out app

Cons

The updates are not synchronized sometimes we have to refresh the app multiple times. Otherwise, it is just amazing!

Shelly from Agata Montessori

Illumine review

As we are moving into paperless administration, features available in the Apps have enable us to move towards our aim. We are also at the same time able to keep our parents update on their child's learning status.

Pros

It is a user friendly apps with many different features that are suitable for my kindergarten.

Cons

Certain updates had caused confusion for the user. And we were not informed about the changes after the update.

Gaurav from Accenture

Vivero School User

The application is good.

Pros

The features are good but needs some updates. Please read the comment in the next question.

Cons

1. The way we scroll through the updates is not very convenient. 2. Within the Student profile-> Photos-> There is no option to delete the already uploaded photos. Why is this feature missing. 3. A dashboard kind of view is missing.

Anshul from Inductis (India) Pvt Ltd

Illumine - A great app for Edtech!

Overall experience has been excellent. Its easy to navigate, simple to use & all the basics are shown upfront.

Pros

Illumine is a great software. It allows us to keep a track of the child during his school time. It is easy to navigate & the most recent info is always available at the opening page. Lesson plans can be uploaded by school which we can view & prepare the child accordingly. There is a fee reminder as well on home page of the app, incase we forget & can certainly be helpful in saving the parents from late fee penalty.

Cons

Though a daily attendance tracker is there, but a monthly days school attended is also needed. That is the only miss. We are yet to explore it fully though.

Subha from Techmahindra

Trusted

Pros

Everyday I am leaving my child in daycare. I have installed illumine app through daycare. Its very useful for me monitoring the my child activities like food, diaper change, potty, play and Nap. I can manage balance work and personal life Thanks lot illumine app

Cons

I liked all features in illumine app. so no con

Sujit from Retail

Promising, but needs development

Pros

Notifications, feature set, interface, ease of use

Cons

A lot of bugs. Clicking on a notification does not take you the relevant item. Keeps on crashing. Media is not visible easily.

Response from Illumine Labs

Replied April 2020

Uh oh. We are sorry to see that your experience was not so great with us. Your school had signed up for our pilot testing program. Generally, pilot testing involves bugs that get rectified before product goes live. You may download the app and I assure you that everything works like a charm now. Thank you

Kalimunda from Windchimes kindergarten and daycare centre

EASY AND EFFICIENT

Exceptional and unique

Pros

It's very easy to use and it's efficient however, if there is room for betterment please put it into action. Thanks

Cons

Nothing yet but still exploring. As a teacher am enjoying my side but don't how the administration's experience although we are still challenged updating it on the PC's.

Brendan from Emmaus Swiss Referral Hospital and Leprosy Project

Quite good for what it's be being used as.

Quite happy and was wondering if there will be options for primary and secondary schools

Pros

During these days of learn from home, it has helped bridge the gap between the school and it's students.

Cons

Help files for using the various options should be easy to locate and if it had a popup tip or help it would have been great.

Anubandhan from Talentica Softwares Pvt Ltd

Illumine User Review

except search, excellent.

Pros

Lots of books and good overall experience of Audio books.

Cons

Search feature, sometimes books are there but don't show up on search also an exact match of books is required, not necessarily all parents might know the name of Author or book.

Sameer from Citi

Useful for my Kids school

Pros

My kids school uses this app and it has been really helpful in getting the details uploaded on the progress, joining the video calls daily and check messages from the teachers.

Cons

The interface between screens could become slightly more smooth.

Poonam from Edvance Preschools Pvt Ltd

Complete solution for Preschool & Childcare management, highly recommended!

Gives you all the features in one package, easy to deploy, 100% support at any given time, open to suggestions and incorporating them

Pros

User friendly, clean and attractive interface, awesome features

Cons

I cannot think of anything. The product suits our requirements perfectly

Very useful and informative

Super Impressive

Pros

Used for my kid and its super useful for the development of kids. Very informational content with right recommendations for right set of mindset. Impressive stuff

Cons

Nothing as such, everything has been great so far

Vandana from Inner Voice Consultancy

Illumine parent user

I started using the app since my child's school started posted updates on the same. It has been easy to learn though I feel the interface can be much better designed.

Pros

The updates are very easily visible. The media gets uploaded quite fast.

Cons

I can only upload either a photograph or a video, the option to upload both is not available. I feel tbe user interface and design can be improved and more options for text and font can be available.

Response from Illumine Labs

Replied October 2020

Thank you for the feedback. We are releasing a revamped User interface where you can upload files, video,s and images together. This will be available by end of november.

Jayaprabha from UCO Bank

Useful app. But refresh takes multiple trials

Pros

The app keeps me updated on the activities of my child at daycare.

Cons

But the notifications get displayed only on repeatedly refreshing the page

Amandeep from Intuit

Serves what I need

Nice

Pros

Have all the required features need for me to know about my kid

Cons

Not really, I liked mostly everything about it.

Ayush from BNP

Industry: Investment Banking

Nice App

Pros

Ease of browsing, dashboard and notifications

Cons

It takes time to get refreshed with latest information

Suravi from Cerner

Great app for pre-school

very good

Pros

Ease of use Notification 'bell' icon is useful

Cons

Real-time notification feature is missing

Amenjah from Amazing Kindergarten, Sibu

Hi

Pros

The ability to edit/delete the uploaded

Cons

I am Unable to post more than ten photos

Love this app, Great to childcare program

Pros

Child GPS Tracking, Fee payment and Online Dairy

Cons

Few child care related functionality and UI

Palak from Toy Blocks

Review for Education Curriculum Plan

Pros

The reach and thinking involved included most areas that can be touched upon.

Cons

Some detailing isn't available, filters of searches, curriculum library is not as easy as per our plan.