• icon"The costumer service is so helpful and great to deal with."
  • icon"To also see what rooms are over or numbers of rooms is so convenient, this is so much better than using tadpoles and procare like we used to."
  • icon"The excellent customer support we always receive. And the fact that they take our ideas and implement them the best they can."
  • icon"When typing messages to parents, it lags terribly. We use this program on iPads and does not work well."
  • icon"Errors occurring but I know the system updates a lot."
  • icon"Our parents have had some issues with the app and setting up their accounts. We have also had issues with the charges."

Browse all Kangarootime Reviews

• Have you used Kangarootime and would like to share your experience with others?

Shira

Awesome Software!

Kangarootime has made the operations of my childcare center and preschool so much easier. I highly recommend Kangarootime

Pros

Most helpful: integration with the Kisi system for secure keyless entry, easy to use tuition collection via the parent app, ability to send photos and updates of children to parents throughout the day, ability to communicate with families and staff, easy to use parent app giving parents access to all features in one place, customer service is extraordinary, continuous improvements to the product are excellent, training for implementation made adoption of the software very easy, support for centers and engagement of the team with centers is exemplary

Cons

A bit more expensive than other options but entirely worth it! Honestly, the difference in cost may have been made up by not having to purchase other tools for some of the functions Kangarootime offers

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Shira - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime! We're so happy to hear that our software is helping your center. We have taken your pricing feedback and shared it with our team. If you have any additional feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out!

Replied September 2020

Great software for child care centers

Kangarootime has helped us improve communication with parents and teachers, and eliminate lots of paperwork. The Kangarootime team has been great to work with. They are very responsive and supportive.

Pros

Software gives our Administrators constant visibility to room attendance and staffing. Parents love the smartphone app and the ability to communicate directly with Teachers and Administrators. Teachers love how the software helps them easily enter updates on the children without having to type out full sentences on the tablet.

Cons

The software is relatively new so they are still adding and improving some functionality. Billing lacked some features that we wanted initially but they have been responsive to requests for improvements. Reporting is also limited but is expanding.

Reasons for choosing Kangarootime

While three or four products we looked at had the functionality we were looking for, we really liked the look and feel of Kangarootime, especially the Rooming Module. Furthermore, the team at Kangarootime, from the CEO down, made the purchase process enjoyable, which was not the case with some of the other products we considered.

Reasons for switching to Kangarootime

Previous software had no parent app and would only run on Internet Explorer. We were looking for a solution to help us eliminate paperwork, allow for credit card payments, and give our staff better access to information they needed in real time.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi David - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that the software has benefitted your administrators, teachers and parents. We're also happy to hear that our team has been responsive to your product feedback and customer service needs. If you have any further feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Rebecca

September 2022

Everything in One!

Pros

Kangarootime makes daily operations easier. I can check attendance to see how many kids I am expecting. Staff and parents can communicate during the day through the messaging app. Multiple people can be included in a message through a feature to message an entire classroom or the entire center! Billing is done right through the app; parents setup automatic payment through their bank account or credit card so weekly all I need to do is verify the charges. Parts of billing can be confusing like when charges for next week are visible to the parent. It is easy to identify children with allergies because a yellow ring appears around their "face". Parents can put contact information into the app which makes it easier for staff to contact parents.

Cons

I wish the messages part of the software could be organized, for instance sort messages into different folders; or filter by date or classroom or search word. It is time consuming to sort through an inbox to find what you are looking for.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Rebecca, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad you enjoy the all-in-one functionality of our platform. We love hearing how you use Kangarootime to communicate with families and make billing easier. Thank you for the feedback on our messaging feature. We're always looking to improve! Our team is here if you need anything or have any additional feedback. Thank you again!

Replied October 2022

Dellisha

Good foundation with work to be done

Pros

I like the ability to see the amount of children in the building and the amount of children enrolled. As well as the ability to take pictures.

Cons

I don't like how outdated this software seems. I compare to tadpoles and I like that Tadpoles is particular with the tablets that can be used for their software and the tablets take phenomenal pictures. The quality of pictures sent home are a disappointment. I do like the way the pictures come out when teachers log into Kanagrootime from their phone. I just feel like the software is so outdated. I always think that when it comes to billing there's no way to fix a mistake. No easy way. I think it's silly to have to "credit" or add line instead of delete a billing mistake. I don't like how glitchy the app is. If I look through my gallery and keep scrolling it crashes. I don't like how I have to explain to parents to view the breakdown of their billing on the browser because the app does not offer it. If a child is "tagged" in a photo with other children (group photo) that photo shouldn't be able to be downloaded. That's another thing I love about Tadpole and how up to date it is with technology. as a mother, I would be very upset if someone posted my child on their social media without my consent.

Reasons for switching to Kangarootime

Different jobs. Different location and different company.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Dellisha - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We appreciate the candid feedback about our software and have shared it with our product team. We're always open to feedback and incorporate it into our design process. I'm excited to share that a lot of your recommendations will be included in our update that will be released next year. If you have any further feedback you would like to share, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Jill

April 2022

Helpful Tool

Kangarootime is a software package that takes care of my of our needs in our PDO & Preschool program. It covers billing & payments for our families, tracks employee time worked and allows for daily communication with our families. Overall, we are pleased with KT and the service they offer.

Pros

This is the first software program that our center has used. The billing and auto pay is wonderful! There are a lot of options so that we can personalize the billing. I never have any past due accounts with online & auto pay. This is also a good tool to share daily information and pictures with the parents. One of the things I like most about Kangarootime is the people. Customer service is very responsive and helpful in finding answers to questions and problems. They also listen to the needs of the customer and add needed features into the software.

Cons

My older teachers have struggled to learn to use the program. The user interface isn't as intuitive as it could be.

Reasons for switching to Kangarootime

We only used this program for billing and tracking payments made.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Jill, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're so glad to hear our billing and parent communication features have helped your center. We're also glad to hear our customer service team has been helpful as that is most important to us! If you have any feedback in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Replied April 2022

Samantha

3+ years with this software

KangarooTime has everything we need for our business. From the parent experience to the staff experience - we have minimal issues.

Pros

As a childcare director - it was very important to me to have a program that the parents feel included. KangarooTime helps us communicate effectively with our parents, and organize our tuition and paperwork. We love the checking in and out feature.

Cons

There needs to be an admin / staff app instead of fully web-based. The interface of the daily reports (circles in circles) is not user-friendly. Billing is too complicated.

Reasons for choosing Kangarootime

The check in and out feature on KT was more user-friendly and what we needed.

Reasons for switching to Kangarootime

We wanted a billing aspect.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Samantha, thank you so much for your review! We're so glad to hear that our parent engagement features have helped improve communication at your center. We're looking forward to updating our interface and improving features in our new platform. Stay tuned! If you have any further feedback, please reach out. Thanks again!

Replied February 2022

Rebecca

Kangarootime

This is a great product that has helped make communication with the parents much easier through the messaging app. Parents have also been paying at a faster rate due to being able to pay without having to be on site.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. It gave us a way to communicate with our parents efficiently and effectively. The parents are able to see how their child's day has been as it's happening in the classroom. Collecting payments from parents has become easier since everything is done through the app and they receive invoices daily. As a administrator of three sites I like being able to see what is happening at all three locations while not having to be on site.

Cons

While in the rooming setting it is often hard to see the child's pictures in each classroom. It would be nice to have those enlarged. We would also like to have the guardians face flashing on the child instead of the bouncing kangaroo so we know exactly who is picking up the child without having to take a couple extra steps.

Reasons for switching to Kangarootime

The benefits kangarootime has with communication with parents.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Rebecca - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're so happy to hear that we've helped your center with collecting payments and communication with your parents. We shared your feedback about the rooming with our product team. If you have any additional feedback to share in the future, do not hesitate to reach out!

Kristin

Change is hard but well worth it!

One of the best aspects of this company is its customer service. If you call you are not on hold forever and you speak to a live person. emails are answered within 48 hours and during the set up process the staff was available at any time to help trouble shoot. We do have a weird payment schedule and the staff continues to work with us on tweaking things to get the right. Our parents love the daily reporting which we did on paper prior and the automatic and electronic billing. Overall A+ from me!

Pros

This is very user friendly and combines what we were using 2 or 3 softwares to do into one package. Our goal was to have better and more consistent communication with our customer base and this does it and more!

Cons

Dislikes would be not being about to put all the children to sleep at once in the rooming module, which I have reported to the company and this is coming as a change in the future.

Reasons for choosing Kangarootime

There was another childcare center in my general area that had switched from ProCare and was able to help me get over my fears of change and was willing to answer questions and show me how it was working for her company. Also the sales staff was much more down to earth and friendly instead of just pushing their product down my throat like to other company we were considering.

Reasons for switching to Kangarootime

Was looking for something more user friendly on the admin and parent side. Also needed support from the company as technology is not always my friend.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Kristin - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear we have helped to improve communication with your customers! We also are glad to hear that our customer service team has been helpful to you. If you have any feedback you would like to share in the future, do not hesitate to reach out.

Laura

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Kangarootime

Using Kangarootime over the past several years has streamlined collecting tuition in a timely manner. From lackluster payments that run several months behind all the way up to the end of school in June, we now (in December) are completely collected for our 2019-20 tuition.

Pros

Kangarootime maintains records - from financial to children/family files & attendance in one streamlined package. Because it is maintained in the Cloud, it is much more secure than paper documents in a physical location; however documents scanned & uploaded can be easily retrieved & printed by both school administration & parents. Kangarootime is not a finished product. It continues to grow & change to accommodate users' needs.

Cons

Because Kangarootime was initially created for Daycare facilities, the billing structure is a bit different that the way our 10 month nursery school program bills. We have, however, managed a work around & the Support Staff are FANTASTIC!

Reasons for choosing Kangarootime

The people. Hands-down the people! If something doesn't work right for us, if parents need assistance with their account, when we have suggestions for updates or changes, every issue was met with positivity, a sense of humor & kindness. We have dealt with all of their Support team as well is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the owner & can unreservedly recommend Kangarootime because of them!

Reasons for switching to Kangarootime

EZCare was not nearly as flexible nor as user-friendly & interactive as Kangarootime.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Laura - Thank you so much for writing a review for Kangarootime. We are thrilled to hear that we've helped your streamline your school's tuition collection and also helped maintain your records. We are also very happy to hear our customer service team has been helpful! If you have any feedback to share in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Erica

March 2022

Useful tool

We have been using it for a while and enjoy having something that enable communication with families and a way to document all aspects of the children's day. It has been super useful and I know there are many programs suited for what we are looking for but Kangaroo Time works best for us!

Pros

I enjoy the detailed features and the ability to update and edit notes throughout the day. It is fairly easy to use once trained in it.

Cons

I understand the safety and security of the software, but there is a lot of clicking to get to one area. Often times have to refresh the page a few times to get to one area of the program.

Reasons for choosing Kangarootime

It was the first resource we looked into and it really has worked well for us as a program!

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Erica, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad to hear our software has been useful at your center. We're constantly working to improve the product so stay tuned for updates! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any feedback in the future. Thanks again!

Replied March 2022

Jessica

Kangarootime is great!!

It has been great!

Pros

I like how easy it is to communicate with the parents! The parents love it too. Also billing is easy and understandable for the most part! Customer Service is also AMAZING!!! They have helped so much and made it a very easy experience!

Cons

I feel there are a few things with Billing that I wish were a little more user friendly!

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Jessica, we appreciate you taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad to hear about your positive experience with our parent communication and billing features as well as ur support team! If you have any other feedback in the future, feel free to reach out to us!

Replied January 2022

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Saint Francis

The one great benefit we have experienced is the automatic charging of the accounts. We used to have to charge the accounts each week.

Pros

I like that we can send mass emails to all of the parents at the same time, the children's dailies can be sent electronically, pictures can be taken of the children for the parents to see daily, can keep an up to date account of the parents tuitions.

Reasons for choosing Kangarootime

Easier to use and had all of the elements we were looking for

Reasons for switching to Kangarootime

We switched so that we could use less paper and go green.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Jennifer - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that we've made parent communication and charing of the accounts easier for you! We will share the feedback about parents setting up the accounts and charges with our product teamif you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out!

Kellie

February 2022

Kangarootime is very beneficial!

We truly enjoy using Kangarootime, it is very user friendly, our parents are very happy with the app and all its features!

Pros

Kangarootime is a great software program to use in child care settings! Both staff and parents love utilizing the app. The app is great for communication, allergy updates, medical alerts, billing payments, and sending pictures. I love being able to see all the kiddos on my grouping screen throughout the day, as well as my staff.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about KT! Everything is very user friendly, we enjoy using KT!

Better features!

Better features!

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Kellie, thank you so much for writing us a review! We're so glad to hear you've enjoyed using our platform at your center! Thank you again for your kind words. If you have any feedback in the future, don't hesitate to reach out!

Replied February 2022

Daria

Kangarootime Pros and Cons

Kangarootime has been easy to navigate as far as invoices and billing. The team that we were set up with to launch the app for our school was phenomenal and responded quickly. The PDF files of "How-To" for Kangarootime that were provided for us to share with new families were very helpful as well.

Pros

This software has features that allow childcare centers to communicate with families as well as send pictures of their children.

Cons

The app does not notify families when a photo has been sent and our teachers find it difficult to manage the "rooming" feature. The function of tagging children in photos seems to be more difficult and has more steps than other apps that I have used in other daycare centers.

Reasons for choosing Kangarootime

Kangarootime directly linked to our key less entry system KISI which allows parents easy and secure access to enter our building.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Daria - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear our invoices and billing are easy to navigate, and that our customer service has been so helpful. We will share the parent communication feedback with our product teamif you have any additional feedback in the future, please reach out to us!

Frances

Amazing!

Pros

That it is all inclusive for out industry. Billing, daily reports for children, employee time cards, etc. The customer service is fantastic. I really love this program!

Cons

I don't have any cons about this software. The cons that I did have they have corrected or are in them process of fixing.

Reasons for choosing Kangarootime

All inclusive program as mentioned above and the customer service.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Frances - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that the billing, daily reports and time cards have been helpful to your centers. We also love to hear that our customer service team has been helpful to you! If you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to us!

Staryl

Industry: Individual & Family Services

February 2022

Everyday Use

My overall experience with Kangarootime has been great. It is the best one that I have used so far. It does what I need it to do.

Pros

I use the childcare aspect of the software. It is easy to use once you know how it works. The communication between the parents and teachers is wonderful. It's easy to use especially for the parents. Billing is easy to use also. I like seeing the centers and which children are in the room and how many. It's very helpful. Signing in for the day is easy and if someone forgets to punch in or out, it's easy to correct. All the different features are easy to use and very helpful. If I'm not sure how to do something Kagarootime does respond in a timely manor.

Cons

The scheduling app is not that friendly. But it is getting better. Also it doesn't update quickly when checking in/ out children, I'm always refreshing it.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Staryl, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad to hear you like the parent communication, billing, and check-in features we offer. Our customer support team is always here to help with any additional feedback you may have. Thank you again!

Replied August 2022

Pamela

KangarooTime Review

Overall our experience has been good.

Pros

Cons

Invoices don't go through like they are supposed to on some families. Which causes frustrations.

Reasons for switching to Kangarootime

We wanted something more streamline and modern.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Pamela - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime. We're so happy to hear you've had a good experience with us and that our team has been responsive to feedback. We will take your input about invoices and share it with our product team. If you have any additional feedback in the future, feel free to share it with us!

Jessica