Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"It is so easy to click and email out. The quality is great and you can record long videos with ease."
  • icon"The modern interactive design and the quality of stories for parents was absolutely amazing."
  • icon"The many capabilities is nice. I like how a tea her can make their own Portfolios, but also use the administrator created ones."
  • icon"It is a bit confusing to understand where are the tools are at first."
  • icon"I am the preschool office administrator and am often in a Storyboard at the same as a the director or a teacher. It is annoying that we can not collaborate on the Storyboard."
  • icon"I struggle to get a few parents to connect. A few parents have struggled to use the program."

Have you used Kaymbu and would like to share your experience with others?

All Kaymbu Reviews

Bailey

The Kaymbu product and team are both amazing.

the Kaymbu software brings us increased customer satisfaction and saves our staff time, both of which are invaluable to me as a business owner.

Pros

The user-interface is incredibly intuitive; even more least tech-saavy educators can use the system with ease. Parent *LOVE* receiving the information without having to log-in to a new account/application, and we hear nothing but rave reviews about how much they love receiving photos of their children at school. The product has also helped us organize and digitize our child observation systems. The tagging feature allows for our educators to quickly and easily categorize the photos they take - we have saved hours of staff time that used to be spent organizing digital photo files. Every member of the Kaymbu team provides exceptional customer service. When I have a questions or need assistance, I have never waited more than 3 hours to receive a personal response from the team via email. The team also made integration with our accounting software painless. They managed the entire process from start to finish behind the scenes with our accounting company, with a few key strategy meetings to ensure that the integration met my needs. Kaymbu is an incredible product concept backed by a passionate and innovate team.

Tina

Slow

Good when it flows. Other times it takes to times to send a video. I send one video two video then it takes longer to send another video.

Pros

It’s very easy to send to parents and love that we can take 5 min video.

Cons

It takes to long to upload video. Sometimes video don’t send. It takes 5 min.

Response from Kaymbu

Hi Tina, We are so sorry to hear that you are having trouble uploading videos to Kaymbu. As a starting point, we recommend updating both the Kaymbu App, and the device you are using it on. We will also plan on trying to give you a call tomorrow morning so we can work together to solve the issue! Thank you for using Kaymbu!

Replied July 2019

Gail

Excellent Tool to Keep Preschool Parents Informed

Kaymbu Customer Service has been very quick to respond to any issues. I would like to have an option for all school pricing, rather than per classroom pricing. I would like to have the option to create a smaller group within my classroom for sending out group emails.

Pros

Ease of using App to post daily photos for preschool parents

Cons

Would like more control in grouping students into smaller cohort without creating a new classroom (due to cost of creating new classroom) for twice weekly smaller group program. Would like more control to access all classrooms through app when signed in as the director, as I am also a teacher in two classrooms. This may now be possible, I have not yet had time to explore this. Would to be able to schedule on-site in-service training for teachers in the summer prior to start of school.

Reasons for choosing Kaymbu

More comprehensive in terms of sending communications.

Reasons for switching to Kaymbu

ease of use and more professional platform with more options

Denise

Easiest to Use

I love this Kaymbu software! It is very user friendly and fun to use.. I can take a visual record of the children's progress in the classroom, add descriptions and send it off to parents. Moms and Dads love receiving photos from the classroom, as it is their window to the child's day. There is an add on program Daily Note that allows pre-school teachers to track all care aspects of a child's day. This includes all meals, bottles, toileting, diaper changes, accidents, naps, medications and activities. There is also a place to add notes to parents. It has allowed us to do daily record keeping quickly and efficiently.

Pros

The simplicity and ease of use is what makes this software a favorite. I also love the ability to crop the photos in order to get the best shot.

Cons

Once the photos go from Drafts to Moments, the photos still appear in drafts. This makes it hard to look through the drafts and know which photos have already been saved to Moments. I would prefer if the Draft photos disappeared once they were sent to Moments.

Jodi

Kaymbu Review

Our communication with parents is excellent and Kaymbu has really helped to enhance this even more. Parents and teachers really love it.

Pros

1. The look of the site and what is sent to parents. 2. The ease of use for our teachers. 3. Customer service has always been prompt and helpful. 4. I also love the emails I receive with parent comments.

Cons

1.The fact that I had to create a classroom in order to be able to use Kaymbu as a communication tool for emailing my teachers. I would like there to be an option for directors to communicate with teachers, both individually and collectively through the site. 2. The portfolio section was cumbersome and did not look as nice as using storyboards to create classroom portfolios. 3. The cost of the program is higher than others so of course we would always like to pay less but would not want to sacrifice the quality.

Great for families!

I love the look of the newsletter and when I've had a couple questions, support from Kaymbu was quick and helpful. I think this software makes very attractive newsletters and families are excited to receive and read them. Overall I'd recommend it, especially to teachers of younger students.

Pros

I love the ease of using the Kaymbu camera to add photos to my newsletters. Families love seeing their children's photos in newsletters and it's something they look forward to. There is higher engagement for families to look for newsletters each week, and I love being able to send most via text and email. I also love being able to email photos to families that I don't use in the newsletter. I first started using Kaymbu because I wanted the ability for non-English speaking families to see the news from my class in their own language. I love that the translations are made with the newsletter and photos in tact. Last year I had students whose families spoke 8 different languages and all but one accessed news via Kaymbu.

Cons

I wish there were more choices for layouts and more options for editing, but I do appreciate that it's easy to use. I'm a third grade teacher, and sometimes want more options to make my work look "older" for students.

Kaymbu Review

I have never had any real problems with Kaymbu. Customer service has always gotten back with me quickly and walked me through any problems or misunderstandings I was having.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use kaymbu. We are able to send real time photos and messages to the parents and they love it.

Cons

I do not have a con regarding Kaymbu. I am very satisfied with the software.

Kaymbu

Customer service is great. Always helpful with quick response back to us.

Pros

The software is easy to use. We use it to send information and pictures to our families immediately. Great software,

Cons

I cannot think of anything that we do not like about this software. It has always done what we needed it to do.

julia

We love Kaymbu

We were one of the first users and they have changed and updated many features, based on our feedback, so I really appreciated them listening to us!

Pros

Ease of Use and great Customer support

Cons

When sending messages, I would like to be able to add formatting to the text.

Reasons for choosing Kaymbu

It was the best fit for our program curriculum

Desiree

Kaymbu

Overall I like Kaymbu, but there are some changes that could be made to streamline the usage.

Pros

I like having the ability to capture moments throughout the day and share them, along with text, with families. The customer service is quick and responsive. I like that we are now able to access all the photos taken on both the iPads our school has on either iPad.

Cons

I don't like the multi-step requirements to get my storyboards ready. I wish I could select all the photos I intend to use and have kaymbu organize them into a few storyboard options to choose from. I would like a messenger option for chatting with families. The photo quality is poor on our iPad. There are too frequent updates that interfere with usage.

Heidi

Great education tool

Pros

I love how the teachers can use the tool to send pictures and notes home to families daily. I love how the teachers are able to use the pictures to create each child's assessment. Having access to the pictures they have taken throughout the term speeds up the process for the teachers.

Cons

I don't like that the student data base is not specific to each school. Very often a teacher will transfer a child to another classroom and that child ends up automatically at the very first school on the list instead of in the classroom at their own school. I also wish there was a grammar and spell check option when working in the portfolios.

Emily

Kaybmu for Documentation

Pros

We use Kaymbu for daily documentation in our classrooms, to communicate with parents, and to create project based newsletters. I love how user friendly Kaymbu is for our teachers to use! Our parents love Kaybmu as well because they get a snapshot of what is happening in the classroom. Overall Kaymbu has been a great tool for our school to utilize!

Cons

We have gotten some complaints from parents saying the phone app sometimes has glitches, but on our end as teachers the app works fine .

Reasons for switching to Kaymbu

We wanted an easier software for our teachers to use.

Laura

Director

Being able to communicate with our families about the major and minor events occurring at our school is a huge benefit. Our staff has enjoyed sending pictures to their families and letting them know how well their children are doing at all times of the day. I also enjoy being able to contact just my staff on Kaymbu if need be.

Pros

Having the capability to send out broadcast emails to all our families at once.

Cons

My teachers complain sometimes that they have a hard time downloading their photos and say that it is time-consuming. I believe that some of them are just not as tech-savy as others and don't want to take the time to learn.

Jesse

Kaymbu as a tool for communication

Overall, Kaymbu has been fantastic. I look forward to continuing to use the program which truly enhances our work as educators.

Pros

Kaymbu has become a wonderful resource and tool for our educators in communicating with families. Teachers are able to send moments and story boards making the learning of the individual child and the class visible. Kaymbu is very user friendly, making it easy to capture photos and document the learning. It also helps teachers to present the information professionally.

Cons

The group feature on photos has been challenging, especially when using the portfolio tool as it adds in photos of other children into many of the portfolios where the photos do not belong. It is also not easy to turn this feature off, which made editing portfolios take even longer. It was also problematic because the live editing would sometimes add a photo (from a group tagged photo) into a child's portfolio after it was sent to the family which would result in the family receiving a portfolio with photos of children besides their own.

Cindy

Love the software

Their customer service department is on point! They get back to me promptly and always willing to help fix any problem, hardware or software related.

Pros

I like the ease of operating the software. Easy to track children and locate everything.

Cons

Not much to dislike...Any issue we have had here at Gilson has been resolved quickly and painlessly

Brittany