• Pros

• "I love that this product is always evolving and adding new useful features. "

• "Easy to use and is a helpful tool while managing all my leads!"

• "Easy to use, user friendly. Parents love seeing pictures and videos daily of their children, and also love the fact that they can add family members too! "

• Cons

• "sometimes their is glitches within the app, but the tech support are quick to fix them! "

• "There were some glitches but they seem to have been fixed"

• "There are still some quirks, things like rotation with video, some tagging issues, etc. However whenever we reach out to customer support, they are very helpful and responsive"

Browse Kaymbu Reviews

Michelle from Lily Pad Early Learning Center

Best tool I’ve found to improve family and staff communication!

The biggest benefit to our rep is definitely having the ability to improve communication with families. Owning and working in a preschool you definitely realize that this is a coparenting business. Without proper communication between the administration, teaching staff and families Important aspects of a child’s daily activities, educational progress and goals get lost. Kaymbu has eliminated that lose of information and made it possible for us to maintain better bonds with families and serve our children in the most efficient way.

Pros

The ability to communicate effectively with families, allow teachers to document and track each child’s successes and share the moments with their families. The bonus features are customizing it for our DRDP assessments, creating storyboards that eliminates newsletter waste. Imputing curriculum plans for staff to refer to and share. Instant messaging to families and the new yearbook! There’s so much to take advantage of that I couldn’t possibly list all the benefits we have found!

Cons

All you have to do is pick it up and start playing. The only con would be how to implement all the great features. We’ve been using Kaymbu for over a year and just keep discovering more ways to use it.

Lisa from Timothy Christian Academy

Portfolios are awesome!

The customer service and support we've received, along with the great product, have made Kaymbu a please to use in our preschool.

Pros

My favorite feature of Kaymbu is the portfolio feature. Not only does it make compiling the pictures extremely easy, but the achievement benchmarks, along with the overall look of the portfolios, make them a user-friendly, professional document to share with the parents.

Cons

I wish the daily note was a part of the features of Kaymbu, instead of having to use a separate portal.

Cost and features

Candice from Concord Children's Center

Overall improvement for organization

Pros

Kaymbu has really improved the way we communicate with our families and we have had such positive reception from this software. Teachers have a much easier time completing tasks as complex as portfolios and as simple as announcing a pizza party. This has also immensely improved the documentation and reflection that occurs in our classrooms.

Cons

We still do a fair amount of printing of our documentation and Kaymbu has limited support for printing. It seems like it was designed without ever including options for the amount of printing that most schools need to do. I also call customer services quite a bit with questions around printing and most times I am just told Kaymbu wasn't designed for printing so there isn't much they can do.

Liza from Mandel JCC Early Childhood Center

Transformational Software

We have been BEYOND thrilled with Kaymbu since 'inception'!

Pros

This software magically meets all users where they are in terms of various comfort levels regarding use of technology. It significantly eases both the process of photo/video documentation and communication with families The customer service is to be greatly commended - every person I have worked with from the start has been friendly, competent, and very responsive.

Cons

Bulk downloads of photos/videos were more difficult at first, but I believe this has become easier over time.

Reasons for Choosing Kaymbu

Ease of use, immensely supportive customer support team, budget-friendly

Johanna from Live & Learn Early Learning Center & Rising Hawk Afterschool

Life made Simple

The best customer service. No matter how many times we call they patiently answer our questions or gets right back to me.

Pros

It connects the families daily to their child's classroom. Can send videos and photos. Leaves more decision making and control up to the classroom teachers

Cons

Took awhile to get the "kinks" out and get used to using

Kyle from Phyllis Bodel Childcare Center at Y

Kaymbu

Great for parent communication. Great for documenting children's activities and growth.

Pros

The ability to easily communicate with families.

Cons

Some of my employees have difficulty understanding how to use the portfolios, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Kaymbu

The ability to include our state's learning standards and assessment systems

Lesa from Pike Market Child Care and Preschool

Kudos to Kaymbu!

Our school began using Kaymbu in our program, and it has made a significant difference in how teachers document learning. Although I think there is a bigger learning curve for teachers who aren't tech savvy, it is still easy and accessible for most of our teachers to use as a tool for creating current, up-to-date documentation. Another feature that has been great is the email/text option to send to families. This has been amazing for broadcasting the learning, and families are very happy to receive information this way.

Pros

I like the ability to use photos and texts to create simple ways to document children's learning. I love the ability to share with families right away and the emergency/urgent messaging has been very helpful on sending important messages like snow day closures. I also enjoy the capacity to organize documentation by classroom, child and school. It's nice to be able to pull it up and make sure that children's learning is being documented equitably.

Cons

We REALLY wish you could post more than one photo into a moment. I find teachers creating 5 or more moment pages to include the important photos that may have happened in a series. This is complicated for sending to families. Storyboards only allows us to upload the photos from Moments, so I think this is how the teachers have figured out how to utilize storyboards. Perhaps we are missing something....

Emily from Abiding Hope Preschool + Kindergarten

Parents love this app!

Parents have really enjoyed the transparency this app offers. They enjoy getting pictures of their child. It has been a helpful in organizing pictures of kids as they progress through our classrooms. Kaymbu has simplified our end of the year scrapbook by helping us keep pictures organized and saving cost in developing pictures. The Daily Note has helped us use less paper. We are able to do diaper logs and incident reports via the app rather than have binders and papers to keep track of.

Pros

It is easy to take pictures and send them to our families. Our families enjoy getting weekly snapshots of what is going on at school Love the Daily Note for our younger kids to keep track of bathroom and eating habits. The Daily Note is also very helpful in tracking incidents that happen and logging medications. Customer service is great. Tutorials are super helpful.

Cons

Just minor software tweaks that are usually easily resolved through customer service. It is very nice that Daily Notes can be sent multiple times throughout the day. Sometimes it take awhile to save a draft as a moment - that may be a server problem though.

Alyssa from Waverly Forest Academy

A great addition to our early childhood program!

Kaymbu is an innovative company with great customer service. I love that they are constantly asking for feedback, and incorporating what their customers need. We have been more than pleased with the technology, and all of the new additions.

Pros

For years we talked about how we wished we had a program that does all of the things that Kaymbu does for us! We were so excited when we stumbled upon this company, and Kaymbu has been making our teachers lives easier every day since! We love that it communicates with our parents so seamlessly, and we love the addition of the Parent App!

Cons

On occasion our apps don't tell us when there is an update and will stop working. We will have to uninstall and reinstall to get them working again.

Kaymbu

Customer service is great. Always helpful with quick response back to us.

Pros

The software is easy to use. We use it to send information and pictures to our families immediately. Great software,

Cons

I cannot think of anything that we do not like about this software. It has always done what we needed it to do.

Bailey from The Children's Workshop

The Kaymbu product and team are both amazing.

the Kaymbu software brings us increased customer satisfaction and saves our staff time, both of which are invaluable to me as a business owner.

Pros

The user-interface is incredibly intuitive; even more least tech-saavy educators can use the system with ease. Parent *LOVE* receiving the information without having to log-in to a new account/application, and we hear nothing but rave reviews about how much they love receiving photos of their children at school. The product has also helped us organize and digitize our child observation systems. The tagging feature allows for our educators to quickly and easily categorize the photos they take - we have saved hours of staff time that used to be spent organizing digital photo files. Every member of the Kaymbu team provides exceptional customer service. When I have a questions or need assistance, I have never waited more than 3 hours to receive a personal response from the team via email. The team also made integration with our accounting software painless. They managed the entire process from start to finish behind the scenes with our accounting company, with a few key strategy meetings to ensure that the integration met my needs. Kaymbu is an incredible product concept backed by a passionate and innovate team.

Gail from St. Andrew's Cooperative Nursery School

Excellent Tool to Keep Preschool Parents Informed

Kaymbu Customer Service has been very quick to respond to any issues. I would like to have an option for all school pricing, rather than per classroom pricing. I would like to have the option to create a smaller group within my classroom for sending out group emails.

Pros

Ease of using App to post daily photos for preschool parents

Cons

Would like more control in grouping students into smaller cohort without creating a new classroom (due to cost of creating new classroom) for twice weekly smaller group program. Would like more control to access all classrooms through app when signed in as the director, as I am also a teacher in two classrooms. This may now be possible, I have not yet had time to explore this. Would to be able to schedule on-site in-service training for teachers in the summer prior to start of school.

Reasons for Choosing Kaymbu

More comprehensive in terms of sending communications.

Denise from Barrie

Easiest to Use

I love this Kaymbu software! It is very user friendly and fun to use.. I can take a visual record of the children's progress in the classroom, add descriptions and send it off to parents. Moms and Dads love receiving photos from the classroom, as it is their window to the child's day. There is an add on program Daily Note that allows pre-school teachers to track all care aspects of a child's day. This includes all meals, bottles, toileting, diaper changes, accidents, naps, medications and activities. There is also a place to add notes to parents. It has allowed us to do daily record keeping quickly and efficiently.

Pros

The simplicity and ease of use is what makes this software a favorite. I also love the ability to crop the photos in order to get the best shot.

Cons

Once the photos go from Drafts to Moments, the photos still appear in drafts. This makes it hard to look through the drafts and know which photos have already been saved to Moments. I would prefer if the Draft photos disappeared once they were sent to Moments.

Jodi from Bet Yeladim Preschool

Kaymbu Review

Our communication with parents is excellent and Kaymbu has really helped to enhance this even more. Parents and teachers really love it.

Pros

1. The look of the site and what is sent to parents. 2. The ease of use for our teachers. 3. Customer service has always been prompt and helpful. 4. I also love the emails I receive with parent comments.

Cons

1.The fact that I had to create a classroom in order to be able to use Kaymbu as a communication tool for emailing my teachers. I would like there to be an option for directors to communicate with teachers, both individually and collectively through the site. 2. The portfolio section was cumbersome and did not look as nice as using storyboards to create classroom portfolios. 3. The cost of the program is higher than others so of course we would always like to pay less but would not want to sacrifice the quality.

Kelsey from Grace-St. Luke’s Episcopal School

Makes teaching so much easier!

I love Kaymbu and recommend it to the other divisions in our school! It was a game changer for our parent communication!

Pros

I love how user friendly Kaymbu is to use. It makes parent communication and newsletters a breeze. My parents love the digest that has pictures of their child. Kaymbu makes organizing and keeping track of pictures by child really easy and assessments more authentic. Big fan of this program!

Cons

The Kaymbu portfolio system we have started using for our assessments. It has a few quirks and isn’t as great as the rest of the program. Wish it wasn’t sent to the parents as a pdf that separated each item as a page. An assessment with 10 items would have to print out in 10+ pages. Also, because of its setup it doesn’t allow for interactive parent feedback. The main program is amazing and wouldn’t change a thing!

Cynthia from Grace-Saint Luke's Episcopal School

Kaymbu Changed Our Communication

Overall, this was a good find for our school. It has given teachers the ability to assess and collect information on students and parents get av well-rounded picture of their child's experience at school.

Pros

This software gave my teachers the opportunity to refine their communications with parents. Everything from a quick message when a child was upset at drop off to their weekly newsletter. Our parents love getting their Kaymbu newsletter with pictures of their child's class. This school year we also provide parents with their child's progress report through the use of the portfolio section of Kaymbu. This has been an excellent addition to our program.

Cons

When setting up the portfolio progress report we ran into a few minor complications. However, the Kaymbu support staff were right there to support us.

Kara from UH M¿noa Children's Center

Love the support and collaboration

We have been using Kaymbu awhile now and it has been in integral part of how we do our documentation, sharing, and assessment. There has been a learning curve for some of our teachers, however, the support has been incredible. Our school has somewhat of a very complex system and working with the Kaymbu support team has been amazing in that they take our ideas and incorporate it into the app. Families and staff also love the sharing and getting to see what's going on in the different classrooms. Storyboards have been our way of previewing what's to come, reviewing the week, and creating and sharing child portfolios.

Pros

I love the fact that it's constantly being improved.

Cons

When we want it to do something and it can't, BUT there's always a possibility of it eventually doing it. We just have to be patient. :)

Christine from Verner Center for Early Learning

Changed our community...

Kaymbu has increased the productivity level of our educators as well as their mental health. Before, they spent so much time on an assessment program that was often sluggish or did not work properly and sometimes tricky to understand. Now, not only are they enjoying documenting each child's progress, but they are sharing it with families, administrators, other educators, and in less time! The connections Kaymbu has supported are priceless and as leaders in our Early Education community, we are sharing this good news!

Pros

Kaymbu is so user-friendly and fun to use. It makes it easy for everyone, no matter what their role, to really see and NOTICE what is going on in our classrooms, at all our locations, across all of our programs. This matters because it is so important that we encourage each other to do the best we can for children, that we share successes and ideas, that we are aware of growth, of learning, of culture and of our community. Kaymbu has given us this advantage, this opportunity and opened this door for us. It has connected us with our families in a way we were not able to before and provided us with an exceptional assessment tool that is easy to understand and is not an added stressor for our educators. And, last, but not least...the customer service is better than excellent!

Cons

Really, there is nothing that we do not like. We are excited about the functionality that Kaymbu is still working on and is yet to come! We look forward to growing with them!

Peg from Little Inspirations, Inc.

Kaymbu Communications Create Community

We chose Kaymbu for its ease in sharing our curriculum and communicating daily happenings with parents. We didn't realize how great it would be for our staff to communicate and share - this has been a fabulous side effect.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use the Storyboard feature of Kaymbu. We use this for internal staff communications as well as family communications! Staff has the pleasure of learning from one another and sharing their work with each other. The parents often comment on how great it is to see their children in action while at work! It's a great tool for creating community and showing everyone what's happening in our center!

Cons

The uploads are slow for us due to internet connectivity, I suppose. I wish we didn't have so many snafus in this area.

Chaya from Slater Torah Academy

Great classroom tool!

In general they've been pretty responsive to emails. Mostly whenever I had a suggestion or feature they've said I'm not the only one who brought this up and its on the 'eventual map' but we've been with Kaymbu for 1.5 years and I don't really feel like any of them are closer to happening.

Pros

I love their newsletter feature, the ease of use, the fact that teachers can communicate with parents easily etc.

Cons

There are a couple of things that can really use some improvement. Namely the issues we have is that the newsletter does not translate to print well which doesn't really work for some of our families, and some families aren't seeing them which is a real shame. It would be a huge improvement if they were able to adjust the format that it looked great as an email, but could also be printed and sent home each week for parents and students to look at together. Also, if there was an easier way for parents to give feedback. Like a like feature under different posts in the newsletter, or an easy way encouraging them to send a little feedback to the teachers. Even the parents who do get it and LOVE looking at it, don't think to give feedback usually and I think it would go such a long way for teachers. Also the texting feature is nice, but it would be even nicer if you could actually see the email in the text, not just a link to your email.

Sherri from Applewild Preschool

Amazing Tool

Kaymbu has increased our ability to communicate with Families. Families are so impressed with our use of Kaymbu for weekly Storyboards, Portfolios and Daily Communication. Teachers are able to use the tool with ease daily, documenting special learning moments in the classroom. As a Administrator, I now use the tool for all center communications. This tool is the best one that I have encountered in my 35 years in the Early Childhood field.

Pros

Easy to use. Bridges the gap between Home and School. Can be used for a variety of functions. As administrator, I can monitor all activity. Amazing communication tool.

Cons

It is sometimes hard to harvest photos from Kaymbu for other uses. There are very few issues, the customer service at Kaymbu is incredible! Quick response and always able to help you solve an issue.

Becky from Heritage School of Discovery

User for 3 Years

Great! We have been users since 2015/2016. It has been amazing to see the progress of this app and company. It would be great if you guys had an affiliate program or sponsorship program for promotion purposes. We have had the opportunity to get together with other preschools and speak at national conferences where we have spoke about our experience with you! We would recommend you over and over again!

Pros

The accessibility is great, easy to use, great way parents can connect with the teacher, and we love the STORY BOARD feature!

Cons

The Lesson Plan feature. The format of it is great but it would be more useful if everything could be on one page. Each section of the Lesson plan is separate and when you want to print out the whole lesson plan it is more than one page long. (Sorry if this sounds confusing!)

Desiree from Harbor City School

Kaymbu

Overall I like Kaymbu, but there are some changes that could be made to streamline the usage.

Pros

I like having the ability to capture moments throughout the day and share them, along with text, with families. The customer service is quick and responsive. I like that we are now able to access all the photos taken on both the iPads our school has on either iPad.

Cons

I don't like the multi-step requirements to get my storyboards ready. I wish I could select all the photos I intend to use and have kaymbu organize them into a few storyboard options to choose from. I would like a messenger option for chatting with families. The photo quality is poor on our iPad. There are too frequent updates that interfere with usage.

Great for families!

I love the look of the newsletter and when I've had a couple questions, support from Kaymbu was quick and helpful. I think this software makes very attractive newsletters and families are excited to receive and read them. Overall I'd recommend it, especially to teachers of younger students.

Pros

I love the ease of using the Kaymbu camera to add photos to my newsletters. Families love seeing their children's photos in newsletters and it's something they look forward to. There is higher engagement for families to look for newsletters each week, and I love being able to send most via text and email. I also love being able to email photos to families that I don't use in the newsletter. I first started using Kaymbu because I wanted the ability for non-English speaking families to see the news from my class in their own language. I love that the translations are made with the newsletter and photos in tact. Last year I had students whose families spoke 8 different languages and all but one accessed news via Kaymbu.

Cons

I wish there were more choices for layouts and more options for editing, but I do appreciate that it's easy to use. I'm a third grade teacher, and sometimes want more options to make my work look "older" for students.

Lynn from Bellemeade childrens center

Kaymbu

The customer service is excellent at Kaymbu any questions or concerns were addressed imminently and corrected or helped fixing the problems we had. We asked Kaymbu to input some information into their drop downs that we use and they gladly helped our center and staff with that. Kaymbu also did a live webinar to help our staff use the programs they have available more successfully and efficiently. What a great and easy way to be able to share with parents about their child.

Pros

Kaymbu is easy to use and the teachers can navigate it well to send messages to the parents and other teachers. One feature we like most is the ability to send a child's information to the next class and not having to re-input the information.

Cons

We have no concerns or dislikes of your programs.

Melissa from Little Sprouts

Family First

Overall I love the Kaymbu software. I have had my children in different centers and I would have LOVED to have something like this when they were little.

Pros

I love the ease of the app. I can send photos with little to no effort at all. With the progress monitoring using the portfolios I am able to send and tag at the same time. This saves me so much time at the end of my observation periods.

Cons

If I had to pick something to not fully like about the software it would be that the progress report erases once a child is transferred to another class. I had to put all of the children back into their old classrooms in order to send out the progress reports and then transfer them back to their new classrooms.

Megan from International Preschools

Kaymbu user 2 years!

Pros

We have used Kaymbu for two year to deliver cohesive, appealing, personalized daily communication to our parents. Prior to using Kaymbu, we emailed these notes and photos. Parents and teachers both really like the fun interactive formats and designs. It is easy to add new students and use familiar templates to streamline daily communication. It is also easy to update templates to keep things looking new and fresh. Customer service is top notch - response time is fast, they take the time to help solve any issues, and readily take suggestions for new features!

Cons

The only minor issue, which isn't a bad thing, is the frequency of updates. Our less tech savvy teachers bring their ipads to us on a regular basis for not working, when they really just need to process the updates.

Heidi from Little Sprouts

Great education tool

Pros

I love how the teachers can use the tool to send pictures and notes home to families daily. I love how the teachers are able to use the pictures to create each child's assessment. Having access to the pictures they have taken throughout the term speeds up the process for the teachers.

Cons

I don't like that the student data base is not specific to each school. Very often a teacher will transfer a child to another classroom and that child ends up automatically at the very first school on the list instead of in the classroom at their own school. I also wish there was a grammar and spell check option when working in the portfolios.

Cori from Sewickley Valley YMCA

Parent Tested, Director Approved

We love this app! The customer service has been excellent.

Pros

We tested several major childcare apps with our parent group, and found that most ended up not liking the "real time" updates for daily notes. While it seemed at first that this may be something they would actually like, the parents, overwhelmingly, felt that it was another distraction from their work. They much preferred getting the pictures and messages from the app, versus constant access to diaper changes, etc. The teachers also preferred that record keeping could be done at a time convenient to them, rather than stressing that notes were being updated in exchange for child supervision.

Cons

When we first started, the android app had a lot of bugs. However this has been updated...so nothing now.

Shannon from JCC Sarah & Irving Pitt Child Development Center

Kaymbu has helped us make a culture shift!

Kaymbu has helped us make a culture shift from information going between parents and administration to it being communicated from parents to educators. Parents also feel more informed about their child's day with this app. Educators are finding Kaymbu to be helpful in their documentation process as well.

Pros

Kaymbu allows for us to communicate with our families in a timely manner and with ease. The platform is simple for all users, offers information families are looking for, and assists us with documenting a child's accomplishments both big and small.

Cons

I do wish there were additional features to the moments and email functions. For example, being able to link more than just a website (i.e. emails, documents, video). This would make obtaining responses from parents about things easier at times.

Emily from Ivybrook Academy

Kaybmu for Documentation

Pros

We use Kaymbu for daily documentation in our classrooms, to communicate with parents, and to create project based newsletters. I love how user friendly Kaymbu is for our teachers to use! Our parents love Kaybmu as well because they get a snapshot of what is happening in the classroom. Overall Kaymbu has been a great tool for our school to utilize!

Cons

We have gotten some complaints from parents saying the phone app sometimes has glitches, but on our end as teachers the app works fine .

Rosie from The Growing Patch Academy

Great tool for observation

So far I have not able to utilize all the cool apps that comes with Kaymbu. I wish one day I will have time just to learn about this cool gadget

Pros

Love that iPad is provided with very good casing & protection, as a preschool teacher we bring the iPad everywhere so the durability is very important. Since it’s aApple it’s very user friendly.

Cons

Very expensive. As they said great product comes with a price. I’m not sure if parents can like it or react unless it’s redirected to the program user. Compared to class dojo the teacher can see who among the parents seen or liked the picture or post

Regina from R. J. Call Children’s Center

Outstanding

As the director of a preschool on a university campus, it’s important that good, reliable technology be used. All of the teachers, including those not as familiar with technology, have embraced using Kaymbu. Kaymbu has been integrated into our daily life as it’s used for documentation, communication and assessment. Most important is that parents enjoy and appreciate receiving Kaymbu messages. In fact, I’ve learned that if I want to get important info to parents, I should send it through Kaymbu. Parents always open and read a Kaymbu message!

Pros

-easy and intuitive to use -responsive and helpful customer service -updates and improvements made often -parents and teachers love it!

Cons

So far, so good! Whenever there has been an issue or question, customer service has quickly responded and resolved the issue.

Miriam from Bernard Horwich JCC Preschool

Kaymbu reflections

Overall, this is a very positive tool that we have used to help parents and children to reflect on all that happens in a school day. This allows us to quickly send out an email to families with the click of a couple of bottoms. We like that parents receive this in an email, so no need for them to log onto an app.

Pros

ease of use easy access to photos for parents in a secure fashion. storyboards help make classroom news come to life for families

Cons

lack of spell check inability to change fonts and size can't upload flyers as an image That each child's info has to be manually entered

Susan from Virginia Chance School

Elementary School

It has helped us streamline our documentation in the classroom, support our relationships with our families through weekly moments and we enjoy using the newsletter (storyboard) templates for our weekly communication. We are getting ready to launch the portfolios.

Pros

The software is easy to use and easy to navigate for both our faculty and our families.

Cons

Right now we have no concerns or complaints.

Reasons for Choosing Kaymbu

Our technology specialist at the time, introduced us to this software and we liked it from the start; It was a seamless transition for our school.

Kara from UHMCC

Helpful for Documentation and Sharing

Customer service has been pretty great. When you have an issue, they're pretty quick to respond. They also take suggestions, however you might need to keep suggesting before you actually see it in a new feature... they do communicate very well though!

Pros

The unlimited cloud space for photos, sharing with families and colleagues. Growing features such as storyboards and portfolios. Openness to suggestions.

Cons

A bit bulky and takes time to get used to. Sometimes it takes awhile for bulk uploading (can handle only a number of photos at a time).

Tricia from Second Pres. Preschool

Program Administrator

Overall we are glad we have Kaymbu. It has eliminated using so much paper and we do not have the room to store paperwork. Our families also love the fact that they get pictures of their child during the day. We are able to do this without giving families the teachers personal contact information or having pictures out on social media.

Pros

That we are quickly able to send parents pictures and messages.

Cons

That parents aren’t able to quickly contact teachers or administrators through Kaymbu. We also wish attendance could be altered to fit our schools needs. Another thing is teacher evaluations...would like to see it altered to fit our school needs better. Kaymbu should also figure out a way for videos to play in portfolios.

Emily from Oakhurst Cooperative Preschool

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Wonderful forum for parents in small school

Wonderful way for parents to communicate with teachers and teachers to communicate with parents. User-friendly and the customer support is usually very receptive and helpful.

Pros

Ease of use; multi-functional; file-sharing ability; customer service

Cons

No ability to organize messages. We are a functioning preschool run by parents and so we use Kaymbu as a means of communicating with one another for business purposes and communicating with teachers / classes. It can be difficult to find messages once you have accumulated quite a few.

Not sure

Sylvia from Bottega Child Development Center

Bottega's experience

Kaymbu is a wonderful solution for communication with our parents. They do enjoy receiving daily communications. There are a few kinks that need to be worked out but we know you will all work towards offering good platform.

Pros

The flexibility it offers us to create our storyboards, send emails, build the portfolios connected to our objectives and standards.

Cons

The reports it generates to track tags are not accurate with our reality. The quality of the pictures from the ipad are not high quality. We have some difficulties in moving teachers from one classroom to the other with an issue. The portoflio report has difficulty in populating the correct picture or videos.

Laura from Burks UMC Child Development Center

Kaymbu - A Great Asset to Our Program

Parent's are loving seeing what their children are doing throughout the day. We send pictures and comments daily to our parents. It also a very quick way to communicate regarding accidents and behavior issues.

Pros

Kaymbu is very easy to use not only for the teachers but also for the parents. We use it daily during the school year to show parents what their children are doing during the day. It gives them a window into their child's day.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I do not like about this software.

Love it, as a parent and an administrator

Pros

I love that as a parent I can see pictures of my children enjoying their days and get a sneak peak into their daily life at school. As an administrator I think Kaymbu is wonderful for documentation as well as record keeping. It is nice to have everything at our fingertips

Cons

With so many features it does take some time to learn, it's not a terrible thing as most of the features are very helpful but you need some time to play with it to understand.

Irene from www.lifestylebalancing.com

Excellent Communication Tool

We love Kaymbu! It has been a great addition to our program.

Pros

We love that we can quickly and easily send photos, videos, and updates to our families!

Cons

Not quite what we like least but...would love it to have an attendance component where we can easily track children in the afternoon program. Would love to just have to click on child's photo to check them out for our own internal attendance, ​not the state-mandated​ sign in and out. (Take a look the​ at carpool kids app.)

Anna from Smilestones Junior Kindergarten

Best tool to make learning visible

Kaymbu is the best thing that happened for our centre! It allows us to capture and share precious learning moments and make learning visible. As a director, I was worried about introducing a new technology but the teachers really embraced it and find it easy to use. We consistently receive positive feedback from parents and grandparents who appreciate seeing all the beautiful moments captured with kaymbu and shared daily.

Pros

Easy to use Essential tool in the classroom to make learning visible

Cons

As with any technology, at times there might be glitches

Julie from Sunshine and Rainbows Early Learning Center

Our parents love Kaymbu!

Learning how to use Kaymbu has been very easy. They offer great webinars for training our preschool staff. If we have any difficulty or have a question the Kaymbu staff is very quick to respond. They are most helpful!

Pros

Kaymbu is a very positive communication tool for the parents. They love the pictures, and these help them feel connected to their child on a daily basis.

Cons

Sometimes we have trouble connecting to Kaymbu. Often times it is a problem with our server.

Laura from Joyful Noise Christian School

Director

Being able to communicate with our families about the major and minor events occurring at our school is a huge benefit. Our staff has enjoyed sending pictures to their families and letting them know how well their children are doing at all times of the day. I also enjoy being able to contact just my staff on Kaymbu if need be.

Pros

Having the capability to send out broadcast emails to all our families at once.

Cons

My teachers complain sometimes that they have a hard time downloading their photos and say that it is time-consuming. I believe that some of them are just not as tech-savy as others and don't want to take the time to learn.

Tarah from Little Sprouts

Great app

As a parent I love receiving the pictures, my daughters daily activities, and the portfolio assessments done on her. Working with the app is just as great! It's easy to use and very forgiving! The customer service has always been top notch and very responsive!

Pros

The parents can receive pictures, daily notes, and it is used as an assessment tool as well!

Cons

Occasionally there is glitches and the app needs to be reset or reinstalled but usually an easy fix.

Meghan from Truckers America

Customer Service is Unrivaled

Pros

I love that this software affords me the ability to receive updates on my daughter throughout the day. Kaymbu is so user friendly, even when my child has a substitute teacher, updates and end of day progress are always tracked efficiently.

Cons

I do not have any cons to date. The only issue I have ever had with Kaymbu was a user issue. Clearly that cannot be held against the software.

Jessica from Little Sprouts

Helpful classroom tool

Pros

From an admin perspective, Kaymbu makes it easy to keep up with what my teachers are working on. The portfolio feature is great too, parents really like them.

Cons

Sometimes the parents emails will not work even though the teachers have not changed them. They become red and we have to fix it, but there is no alert until a parent says they have not been receiving pictures.

Julie from Good Shepherd Lutheran School

Parents love it

Kaymbu offers just what I was looking for - a quick way to take photos, tag them with learning domains and students' names and share them with parents. I love that I can do my newsletter on a Storyboard and not have to download or copy photos from another program and make them fit. I can also do an end of the year Storyboard portfolio for each student and send as a pdf to parents to print out. Parents LOVE getting the digest each week and pass it on to their friends and relatives. I don't even have to remember to send it, Kaymbu does it for me! We are starting to work with DailyNote and hope to replace a lot of paper and get information to parents more quickly. Love my Kaymbu!!!

Pros

Ease of use, daily digest, tags, goes to SMS in addition to email.

Cons

If I want to download a group of photos, it is very time intensive (we needed this for our yearbook).

Jesse from Temple Beth Shalom

Kaymbu as a tool for communication

Overall, Kaymbu has been fantastic. I look forward to continuing to use the program which truly enhances our work as educators.

Pros

Kaymbu has become a wonderful resource and tool for our educators in communicating with families. Teachers are able to send moments and story boards making the learning of the individual child and the class visible. Kaymbu is very user friendly, making it easy to capture photos and document the learning. It also helps teachers to present the information professionally.

Cons

The group feature on photos has been challenging, especially when using the portfolio tool as it adds in photos of other children into many of the portfolios where the photos do not belong. It is also not easy to turn this feature off, which made editing portfolios take even longer. It was also problematic because the live editing would sometimes add a photo (from a group tagged photo) into a child's portfolio after it was sent to the family which would result in the family receiving a portfolio with photos of children besides their own.