All KidKare Food Program Reviews

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2021

Kids menu easy option!

KidKare.com

PROS

I'm completely computer illiterate!! I have no problem entering all of my information daily. It's super easy to follow and there's always help a phone call away.

CONS

I think the thing I like least is that you can't enter information the next day without assistance. Some days are so difficult to do everything required for life and the time is up to enter your meals. Very stressful.

Sandra

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Glad I FINALLY changed over from paper to computer

This program is a time saver. I do not like change. I am a long time participant of the food program. For many years I have been doing it on the forms. Once this computer program came out, I still did not want to make the change. Every time I would get a visit from the Food Program the ladies would ask me if I was sure I did not want to change, they thought I would really like it. For a few years I still used the paper forms and finally I decided I would try the computer software and if I didn't like it I could always go back to my old way. Oh my goodness. I absolutely loved it. Why did I not do it sooner..Duh It just made the whole process of doing the Food Program so much easier and less time consuming. I though it was great. There is always room for improvement. Who knows maybe the cons I listed above will one day be Incorporated into this software making it the "Perfect" program.

PROS

Very easy to learn. If certain things on the page are not right you can't go on. Once you get the hang of it. The whole process of doing your daily work is a breeze. Only taking a few minuets of your time each day.

CONS

I think the thing I like least is that it doesn't tell you more of what you are doing wrong. Example: If you accidentally marked too many kids for that certain day, or if you didn't mark that you didn't feed a whole wheat bread for that particular day although you always do but may have miss marked it , if a child is marked down but is not usually there on that certain day. I think that if it would tell us these things there would be less mistakes on the error and summary reports. Overall its a great program

Joseph

Reviewed January 2018

Terrible in every single way.

PROS

It's almost better than nothing. But not quite. Due to an unfortunate government contract, I am required to use this system. I was previously using pen and paper to report childcare attendance and meals. This is astoundingly worse than that.

CONS

Terrible user interface. Updates are slow and sloppy, leaving numerous errors for the user to fix. Server gets bogged down. Too much personal information is required for children and their families. Menus and functions are confusing and poorly designed. There is nothing good or useful about this system at all in any way and the creator should feel bad about himself. He did a bad thing and he should feel bad.

Wanda

Sunshine Kids

Just dislike when we can't enter at time of service because KidKare may be down. Seems to do it alot towards end of month or fisrt 3-5 of month....

PROS

Love the fact I can add the kids photo. I like that infants are separated- very confusing when on MM... But alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed....

CONS

Can't easily access the children's ages. We use this alot for if they are on Voucher program. It ask for year and the months of the children. It use to be in the kids information area when it was MM.... alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children showed up and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed.... since I puree my food for the younger kids.

Tamara

Reviewed November 2019

KidKare

Very good product and company. I’m not sure the recent pay increase was warranted though. Nothing new so not sure why the price went up. Our county agency mentioned this at a meeting.

PROS

I love the ease of use after you use it for a bit. You do have remember the exact name of the forms you need to print etc... overall very basic and easy to learn. Lots of video to explain as well. Customer service has grown greatly. I think their customer grew so rapidly they got overwhelmed in the beginning. Doing great now.

CONS

I wish their was a better defined drop drown list for files you need to copy each month for your own records. I’m still clicking around finding the forms. It’s prob just me but it can take a minute.

Reasons for switching to KidKare Food Program

Our county agency asked me to try it and decide if other family child care providers would find it beneficial.

Marlene

Hospitality, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2019

I have been extremely satisfied, minus all the small details! Thank you for all you do for us who provide for the young and old alike. God Bless and Happy New Year

PROS

When I started doing the food program online for my daycare, I was only able to do it on a computer and now that KidKare has taken over, it has made it possible to be able to still program all my meals but yet I can do it on the couch in the same room as the children as they sleep!! This was the biggest improvement to me since I was always stuck upstairs in my room while my family was spending time together. Customer support is amazing and the monitors that represent this area ( Wyoming) are phenomenal!

CONS

The big thing in the beginning from switching from webkids to this was that there was a button to select all kids instead of pressing each one. This made it difficult for me since I have a large number of kids most days, then I would depress the ones that weren't there for that day. Made it so much easier. Now, there is the sign in time for each child which takes extra time to do instead of just clicking on the child. I do everything at the end of the month all at once so having to do that is just another annoying step for me

sharon

Education Management, 1 employee

great program

saves time, I can go back and review. Receive updates current. Great Great. If their is something I don't understand, our rep is great.

PROS

the best and easy program for daily use. I am not the smartest computer person, I have no problems using the site. And it is free. Daily meals are entered and my end of the month is submitted with a blink. I don't have the best hand writing, I know the people on the end that would have to read my hand print is happy also. Thank you so much.

CONS

sometimes the site is slow. Nothing I can say Least about the software.

Reviewed September 2019

Kids menu easy option!

It’s a saving time for me because I plan ahead my menus, saved and I just have to include who is present or no! It is a great tool to have.

PROS

I love that it is very convenient to use and you can use anytime and anywhere! It is a better option for providers to do their menu with more time ahead and we don’t have to deal with papers no more !

CONS

There are few things that I like them to improve. First how you can go back and edit on the menus assistants in children, and how to add the numbers on each child.

Reasons for switching to KidKare Food Program

Much organize and easy to have and use

Amber

Not a 1 stop shop

Only positive of Kidkare for me is I do not have to mail in my Food program paperwork it can all be done online. Otherwise Kidkare is not useful.

PROS

Aligning with the food program is a positive and convenient part of the software.

CONS

It's doesn't align with any other state standards: Paperwork, assessments, no uploading, loggin of daily activities, no parent/teacher communication, just billing/accounting & food program alignment. It needs to go much further to be comparable to others.

Seth

Reviewed September 2019

KidKare is the way to go

Overall, I have always had an enjoyable and smooth experience with this software.

PROS

This particular software was very easy to use. It is quite intricate and instructional as well as enjoyable to use.

CONS

There was nothing that I did not like with regard to this particular software. I enjoy its simplicity.

Sheila

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

KidKare

It is very easy to keep track of all meals served. It is helpful in keeping a count of days that kids come and the meals they are served. The reports allow you to see a child's attendance at a single glance.

PROS

It is not a cluttered program. Not too many items on each window. Easy to see what you are looking for. Very easy to put in meals and attendance.

CONS

You have to use military time for PM or put pm after each entry. Ok as I know military time. Not so good for others. Also in the infant menu you have to click twice to put in food name or number. In the non infant portion, the pointer goes straight to the line to put in food name/number. It is not possible to go straight back and forth between meals served and child's in/out time. This would be nice to check to see if you put a child in or forgot. Not too big a deal but you do have to go out to a different window and then back again to the previous page you were using

Kim

Accounting, 1 employee

My Experience Using KidKare

I love using KidKare ... Even though I write down each day's menus on my own forms, it's nice knowing I don't have to have copies of everything any more. One copy and it's done!

PROS

I like that it is easy to use - like all programs, it took a bit of getting used to but once I did, everything fell into a smooth transition. There are also parts of KidKare that I don't use because I keep records in a separate place on my computer, but it's nice knowing the option is available if I choose to change my record-keeping.

CONS

Apparently, the "Notes" on the bottom of each meal aren't viewable by my food rep. I wish these notes were available and viewable to everyone because if I miss noting something on a calendar, it would be nice to know there is a "back-up" of my notations.

Virginia

Individual & Family Services, 2-10 employees

KIDKARE FOOD PROGRAM

Overall, It is a easy program to operate. I enjoy working this program when it is operating smoothly. I wish there was a easier and faster way to record baby meals, rather than going to a separate screen. This is really time consuming.

PROS

The program is easy to use and can be learned quickly. There is more than one way to accomplish the same thing. I like when the program is flowing smoothly, without any issues.

CONS

Sometimes when I've worked a long day and there is issues with the program or it is running slow, I get irritated, as I am tired and am ready to take a break.

Arlen

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2020

KidKare has a great interface and worked great overall!

I would highly recommend KidKare to anyone needing to meal plan for students.

PROS

As a user, the interface is so simple and makes each section readily available for use. I really enjoy the colors in the software as well.

CONS

Reviewing information can be confusing at times due to the fact that some of that information isn't updated.

Pamela

Education Management, 1 employee

How KIdKare has helped me as a Provider

I use the software to help with the attendance of my children ,and also to keep up with my daily count of meals and attendance of each child that is enrolled at the center. This software offers so much to providers to help with meal count, attendance sheets, and so much more, it helps me to get a lot more accomplished that I could usually do, if I had to complete everything manually. KidKare has been a great experience for me and I wouldn't consider any other software for completing my meal count.

PROS

This is the best software that I've used since I have been a childcare provider, what I like most about this software, is the fact that it saves me a lot of time and paperwork.

CONS

There was nothing that I didn't like about using this software.

Deborah

Reviewed December 2018

I really like that I can look up information on one a specific child easily. The overall program is easy to use.

PROS

I am not very good with a computer and this program is very easy to use. It is also easy to look up specific information with just a couple clicks of a button.

CONS

I have not had any problems with this program.

Victoria

Consumer Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2020

KidKare

I'm not having any problem with kidkare. It's the product differences.

PROS

I love being a mom. This product is helpful because the service offers incentives on being better at kids.

CONS

I don't dislike much about the product. It's easier to read and know then too play and forget, understand.

Alexandra