• Pros

• "We just started using this Software. I found that it was very easy to use. It had everything write there so you could easily use the program."

• "I liked the picture quality of the photos. It was nice to get the report every day. "

• "The software allows for quick and easy communication. It is especially great for alerting the whole school of important news or sending quick reminders. "

• Cons

• "It is overall an awesome app it has frozen up once or twice when trying to navigate between tabs. But I feel that has been fixed. "

• "There is a lot to learn with this software and if you're not tech savvy it can be a challenge. The customer support is great though so they walk you through it."

• "The only thing I found so far that was hard to do was to to try and get a profile picture of the kids. Your supposed to hit the picture twitch, but sometimes it won’t go to what it’s supposed to."

Browse KidReports Reviews

Troy from J.J. Keller

Industry: Public Safety

Easy

Pros

The ease of use of the KidsReports software makes drop-off and pick-up of my kids to effortless. I am able to check them in and out of daycare quickly and remain stress free from the hustle that mornings often bring with getting kids to daycare. Thanks!

Cons

Only negative on this software is the finicky fingerprint reader. Winters are a dry time and the fingerprint scanner never works for me, although it worked flawlessly at the last daycare center we were at that used it, so it may be a setup issue or just my dry skin (certainly not the fault of the software by any means).

Barbara from freelancing

KidReports: A Must Have Product for Day Care Facilities

I absolutely love KidReports! I have used it as a Master Teacher and as a Director in the daycare setting! I highly recommend it to daycare centers who are serious about providing excellent quality education while increasing involvement &communication with the parents!

Pros

The software is easy to use adding valuable info for parents - activities done, diaper changes, meals eaten, portfolio items for children's learning experiences, pictures, videos, and so much more. KidReports integrates with the Procare software system & is pretty easy to set up if you have some tech savvy knowledge. The admin side is also well built so directors can see what their teachers are doing at a glance - even larger daycare centers. There is also a parent app for parent notifications.

Cons

The only "complaints" we have received in using the software is from parents - they would like to see the phone app improved. There are no real issues with the phone app - but they would like to see more instant notifications and more features.

Kahlil from ANV

KidReports makes is easier to communicate with parents!!!

KidReports is easy to use and they have a friendly customer service team that can help with any issues that you may experience.

Pros

You can communicate with the child's parent throughout the day which totally removes the need to send notes home with them that could possibly get forgotten, lost or destroyed. Parents can also confirm they received your messages and respond to them as well.

Cons

There was an occasion where all of the information I input into a document was deleted and unrecoverable. However, this error was most likely my fault and hasn't happened again since.

Kayley from Childrens Lighthouse

We have had issues with KidReports from the day we began using the software.

Pros

We really enjoy the teacher-teacher messaging feature, as well as the teacher-parent messaging feature.

Cons

The format of the administrator website is nowhere near as functional as others, and we have had multiple issues with information not transferring from Procare to KidReports. The layout of the daily reports is awful - instead of having a giant list of meals, diapering, and toileting throughout the day, why not have a a meals section, a toileting section, and a diapering section so they are easier for parents to navigate and read instead of scrolling down a long list of their whole day? Customer service is terrible. Each time we have attempted to call, we have been placed on hold for an hour or more. The only way were able to reach someone was directly through KidReports (strictly messaging, which isn't helpful), and anyone we have spoken with hasn't been helpful - they suggested we buy our teachers new iPads JUST to have them strictly for KidReports because it doesn't run as well with other apps and photos on the iPad. What's the point of the app and software if it can't be on the iPad with anything else?

Teresa from Sproutstart Academy-Oak Forest

Possible Improvements

Overall it is such a great application that I am looking forward to using throughout the years. As a parent and a Director i see how much of an impact having KidReports can do to in a parents day.

Pros

I love that the parents have access to the children's day and how easy it can be.

Cons

There are a few glitches, and it is mostly on the administration side. When editing classroom activities, sometimes with time it reverts back to the old data. Which i have to go back and correct. Also the message that the parents send to the teacher do not go directly to the administrator account so it makes it a little hard for us to see unless we are physically looking at the ipads. When the teachers try to input their curriculum on the planners, it sometimes jumps from on of the day to the next so it is not consistent and makes it a little harder to upload.

Paula from Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Overall I think it is a good tool for both parents and teachers

Pros

I like the direct and efficient communication with teachers and school staff during the day about my kid

Cons

I found it hard at the beginning to navigate and find all the necessary tools. Some items or sections should be added

Barbara from Agape learning center

Go with kidreports

Learning to love it... there is just so much to do with it, butbthe support has been amazing!

Pros

It incorperates all our daily tasks/needs/mandates in one place! The programa le options forsending reports is a huge plus as well.

Cons

It has too many multiple steps for each entry. I want a point and click option! Show me the list of options and let me tap what I need and save- done.

Cost and overall appeal

Maria from Jack in the Box school

Kid reports for your school

The business problems that we are solving is that we can communicate immediately with the parents

Pros

The ease that we have to communicate with our families. Not only can the families communicate with the director or the teacher in real time, but the staff can communicate to the families quickly.

Cons

If we have a new student that has enrolled, it takes 24 hours for their info to be inputted into the system and sometimes it goes offline.

Reasons for Choosing KidReports

Our school is already using Procare for our billing. We find it easier to add new students info

Charlisa from Child care careers

Kid Reports

Great for parents! Especially new parents who are worried about their child’s day during school.

Pros

It keeps parents informed all day long about their child’s day. They receive daily photos, lunch times and how much was eaten.

Cons

Sometimes it’s hard to keep up with. I believe there should be more options when it comes to selection a particular Child and what their day consist of.

kris from Stone Brook Academy

Difficult to use but cheap

Parents love it, teachers find it hard to use

Pros

It uses the same information from our current software, Procare

Cons

App crashes, difficult to upload photo and take quality photos

Collaborates with Procare software

Tami from Ankeny Christian Child Care & Preschool

Ashley Repko has been amazing helping us get started she has been so patient with all our questions

Time saving for teachers which lowers payroll. Less use of paper products for forms that have to be filled out such as, accident/incident reports, medication authorizations, etc. Easier communication ability with parents and teachers. I can see immediately how many kiddos are in each room with the number of teachers as well. I can locate a child if he/she has been moved to a different room. Teachers will be able to perform conferences with much more ease with everything right at their fingertips.

Pros

I love the options and the customization capabilities that KidReports provides for our center. We used a different program for parent communication prior to KR so parents and teachers had a tough time switching but now that we have used it for over a month everyone is loving it. I am so pleased that I am able to customize the activities so I have created our Medical Authorization form, Medication Log, Child Ill Form, Child Health, and so many others. The ease of use for the staff to be able to just select the Early Learning Standard they are working on and tie it to a picture or a video is the BEST! It makes documenting children's progress and accomplishments so much easier. The parents love getting the pictures/videos throughout the day along with the rest of the information they receive daily. I really get excited when I think of something new that I can add to the activities, and it has reduced the amount of paper that we use because we virtually have everything set up electronically.

Cons

Sometimes when I'm setting things up in the activities I start to type in a box and my cursor goes away and I don't realize that all of my typing is going nowhere. There were a few small things that we had to get used to and was a little difficult to use in the beginning but I think it was mainly because we had previously used a different electronic communication program. I don't like how when I create an activity (i.e. accident/incident report)I need to have things show up in a specific order such as, parents name first, equipment involved, was 911 called?, etc. However, I was informed that they would be fixing this so I am able to do this by April sometime. I really don't have too much negative to say about KR, I am loving it.

Sidney from Kids 'R' Kids

KidReports has allowed our school to easily share daily information with our parents.

Great parent involvement since they are able to see exactly what their child(ren) does during the day. Our parents also love how they are able to directly contact our teachers through this app. KidReports allows our school to better improve our communication with our parents.

Pros

Our school enjoys being able to share pictures with our parents just as much as being able to easily navigate through the simple app.

Cons

The only "issue" we seem to run into is a slower response time from the customer service team when our schools individually reach out, as opposed to the fast response our area Marketing and Media Director receives when contacting the customer service team directly.

Response from KidReports

Replied July 2017

Hi Sidney! Thank you for taking the time to review KidReports! Please let us know how we can be of further assistance!

Tifanee from First Christian Academy

KidReports is a great software used by our Child Care Center replacing paper daily reports!

Pros

I like that KidReports has a lot of features that can be utilized to personalize each classroom's activities. Thus, teachers are able to choose from a wide variety of activities that can be added to each child's electronic report. I also loved the feature that allowed parents to receive "real-time" updates on things happening with their child.

Cons

The ease of use of KidReports was the main con. I had a difficult time navigating through all of the features.

Jovanna from best choice recruiting

Peace of mind!

I enjoyed being able to see some of my daughters activities during the day and eating schedule ect.

Pros

I was introduced to this application while my daughter was in daycare! It was great to receive pictures during her day at "school". You can also see when she ate lunch, if she used the potty and if she napped!

Cons

When I was using this application I did not have a complaint. It did what it was intended to, I personally would not make changes to it.

Megan from Little Feet, Big Steps Childcare and Preschool

It has been good for the most part, I am used to Tadpoles so it took some adjusting. The only thing I like better about Tadpoles is the teacher view 'dashboard' type thing that lists all kiddos and has reminders of what they'll need next. Things slip through the cracks less.

Pros

The customer service is FABULOUS. Also the "real time" feed on the app has been a huge perk for our families.

Cons

Missing some features I am used to - setting reminders for bottles/diapers could be easier and more user friendly. A 'dashboard' view of all the kids in the room with their next bottle/diaper/nap would be super helpful in the infant rooms.

Response from KidReports

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the positive review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying the service and that the transition has been going well. KidReports offers a more flexible reminder system that can be easily used in the app. You have the opportunity to set reminders directly in the app for individual children, several children or all children in your room. Please let us know if we can further help with this feature request. Thanks, The KidReports Team

Meghan from Kid’s “R” Kids

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Review of Kids Reports

So far I really like using the Kids Report. It’s easier to use to what we were using.

Tracy from Agape Children's Center

Keeping up with the times...

Today's communication is technology based and this system is a way to meet parents needs by allowing them to chose how they want to receive information.

Pros

This software has given us another avenue to support child learning by engaging parents and keeping them informed.

Mary from A Child's Garden Preschool

Parents really seem to enjoy the app and getting the daily updates.

Most teachers and parents seem to like the app, but some still prefer a more traditional portfolio.

Pros

Cons

We wish that the items in the portfolios could be kept from going out in the daily reports. Parents have already seen the pictures etc. when we release the portfolios during conferences.

Response from KidReports

Replied July 2017

Hi Mary! Thank you for taking the time to review KidReports! Please let us know how we can be of further assistance!

Tasha from Kids 'R' Kids #44TX

Kid Reports is an awesome app. There's been some great improvements.

Pros

I love that parents are able to get information anytime they please on their child's day and progress. We strive to go above and beyond for our parents and believe we have using this app. I also love that they can get pictures sent right to their phone.

Cons

It's very hard to use the app when there is an issue with the Wifi or the app itself. We have had problems when it comes to web based.

Response from KidReports

Replied July 2017

Hi Tasha! Thank you for taking the time to review KidReports! Please let us know how we can be of further assistance!

Kristina from Heartland Kids Early Learning Center

KidReports

KidReports has been a great resource for our teachers and parents. Parents are able to see what their chldren are doing in real time, they can send notes to teachers, teachers can share pictures and videos, safety is less of a concern with timed head counts, our accreditation likes the documentation of portfolios

Pros

Ease of use, portability of information from management software

Cons

There are really no cons to this program

Kristen from Faith preschool

It is a great software

Pros

This software is used at my child's school. It is easy to see and navigate through his daily activities. I can see his lunch what he ate and how much if it he ate. The teacher can send me individual messages and let me know about his behavior. I love the app!

Carl from Bright Stars

Kid Reports

Pros

Its complete. Many features. I works on many devices. Customer service was excellent. It makes up for software downfalls.

Cons

Human interface. Drag and drop would be so much better

Kimberly from Sunny Tree House

We just started with KidReports and love it!

I love the automatic upload from our Procare software. Make my life much easier.

Pros

Parents find it easy to use. The email to new parents is so easy and I love that parents can tailor it to their own wants and needs. I like that as a director I have a dashboard that gives me real time numbers. I also like the alerts when children are moved.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the teachers to see all of their class at one time with pictures. I also wish there was a diaper alert that we could set for every 2 hours.

Amy from Academy of the Sacred Heart

KidReports is very user friendly and our parents love it.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and is very user friendliness.The program is also easy to customize to fit our program.

Cons

When you refresh the program all in progress things get erased. Sometimes it gets hit accidentally and things are suddenly gone.

Response from KidReports

Replied July 2017

Hi Amy! Thank you for taking the time to review KidReports! Please let us know how we can be of further assistance!

Timmy from Edgemont Elementary School

Reports that Count

This software provides me with a way to document that I have sent messages and report to parents. I love this software.

Pros

This software allows teachers with a fast and easy way to communicate with parents about their child. It allows us to record attendance, behavior, and even communicate concerns. I like how I am able to send my reports directly to parents' phones and computers.

Cons

Parents need to have access to internet or phone to receive reports.

As a parent who has a child in daycare using this software

Pros

Cons

I have tried and tried to get the pictures of my child downloaded. We asked before and have been asking since we left the daycare, but there is no recourse. The kidsreport folks send us to the daycare, the daycare sends us back to kidsreport. I have been at it since last April. Hoping to get them before she graduates college..

Amanda from Bright Start Child Care Ministry, Inc.

Professional staff!!! Great service!!!!

The best thing about this software is having the ability to communicate with the parent throughout the day. No more documenting a child's day on paper!!!! When I needed to change my email address I was unable to find where to change it at in the system. I was able to call customer support and they were great!!!

Pros

I like how easy it is to communicate with parents. I also like how parents receive real time updates throughout the day.

Larisarae from Larisa's Mini Scholars Preschool

Great Program

Absolutely amazing and would recommend to anyone!

Pros

This program offers a HUGE variety of resources for administrators and teachers. The customer service is amazing, I've always received responses via email within 20-30 minutes, even when I send something in the middle of the night on occasion! My preschool families are very happy with how easy the app is for them to use.

Cons

The initial setup and time it takes to learn the program is kind of lengthy, but there is so much on there that I was fully expecting it to take a while to set up.

Diana from Department of Enterprise Services

Industry: Government Relations

KidReports Review

Mostly great. Occasionally had a hiccup or info didn’t register correctly

Pros

Efficient then and easy to use..........

Cons

Signed my kid out while I was at work and freaked me out.

Leighann from The Village ELC

Hard to navigate and use

It was difficult and frustrating to use. It had good concepts but weren’t easily accessible or understandable.

Pros

The app had good intentions of providing communicating to parents while their child is in the childcare setting.

Cons

The app was difficult to navigate and use on a daily basis. It was hard to understand. Information we would input would disappear, app would freeze and glitch frequently.

Melissa from Adventhealth Zephyrhills

We Love KidReports

I have used KidReports in other schools. I have always experienced excellent customer service. I get answers in a timely manner. I would highly recommend this product.

Pros

Easy to use. Friendly customer service. User Friendly. Easy to program. Parents love the pictures and other documentation.

Cons

Teachers say they have to go through too many screens to get to where they are going.

Reasons for Choosing KidReports

My past experiences have always been great! I love working with knowledgeable people and my parents love this product as well!

Bobbi from Childrens Lighthouse

This product does not fulfill our center needs.

Pros

The teacher to teacher and teacher to parent messaging. This is a nice feature because the parents can go straight to the teachers instead of always needing to call.

Cons

It is not an easy app to use. Pictures are not very easy to upload. You can not go into as much detail as we would like. Things do not upload to the reports so parents aren't seeing things when they should. Parent contacts are not put in automatically from ProCare. The App defaults straight to room 1 after anything you do so you constantly have to change the classroom.

Response from KidReports

Replied May 2018

Bobbi - Thank you for your review and comments. We are sorry to hear that your transition to KidReports has encountered some issues. We want to help ensure KidReports is fulfilling and exceeding your center's needs. Many of the items you have listed can be easily addressed and resolved with a consultation. In addition, we want to ensure you have taken advantage of our ongoing training schedules available to both school directors and teachers to better understand how to use the features we provide. A team member will also be following up directly to schedule a consultation. Best regards, The KidReports Team

Rob from St. Paul's Lutheran

KidReports

Even though I, as an administrator, thought that KidReports was a good and helpful tool, I was not able to use it to it's full potential because the parents of my students did not enjoy using the app.

Pros

It has been a helpful tool when trying to reach a majority of guardians of my students. I like that I am able to just have to send out one message without having to worry about missing anyone.

Cons

Some parents have complained that KidReports was too difficult to use. They did not feel that they were receiving all of the messages that were being sent out.

Amanda from FunctionZ

Kids report

Pros

Logging features, pictures available and time stamps

Cons

Wish we could see video in real time of the child and send notes

Taylor from GIsD

Great for parents

Pros

This allows you to see live updates daily of your child.

Cons

There are no cons to this program in my opinion.

Angela from Cosntruction

KidReports user

Been very easy to use and holds all my child's information since the beginning. Nothing is lost as it's all obtainable in this ap.

Pros

I enjoy having my child's information all in one location. I can locate any information on any day through this ap very easily.

Cons

The admins need to make sure they do their updates daily.

Diane from Prince of Peace CELC

Prince of Peace CELC

Too soon to say...just beginning. We have used brightwheel, and at this point are currently using brightwheel. So expect at least the same benefits.

Pros

All that it offers... the communication with parents and Admin features.

Cons

The struggle to get through knowing how to use it.

Kristen from Harbor Childcare-Manhasset

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

kid reports- easy app to learn- quick access to all area for the children

benefits from this app- learning a new way to communicate with all parents thru via email instead of the old way paper

Pros

individualized to each child, parents receive reports by via email with pictures. teachers are extremely satisfied on how quickly the app moves from one thing to another

Cons

cons for kid reports- teachers have errors to sign into the app- several attempts and steps t fix the problem

Tanisha from Carpe Diem

Kidsreport

I do not like it do to the running really slow and the parents complain about not getting updates.

Pros

To be honest I don’t like anything about it. Something need to be chanced so it could run faster and not freeze up.

Cons

Kidsreport is run really slow and freezes up when you try to post videos of the kids. The parents do not get all the updates we send daily.

Jacque from Timberlake Village

New Parent

Pros

I am new to this product, my daycare switched from lifecubby. It seems pretty easy to use, i like that messages are separate from the daily activities.

Cons

I am not sure if this is because its a new product for the teachers but it doesn't show how much my child eats whether be none or seconds the teachers have to add a note at the end.

Holly from JellyBean Island Learning Academy

JellyBean

Pros

linking the procare accounts to kid reports and them being emailed at the end of the day

Cons

not being able to save and customize for future use

Ashley from GPAL

Industry: Food Production

Parent review

Pros

I love the fact that my daycare can send pictures and videos throughout the day. It gives me peace of mind while I’m working away from her. Super easy to use and keeps a record of her schedule.

Cons

There doesn’t seem to be volume in any videos ( could be on the other end). Getting messages in duplicate.

Andrea from Cadence Academy (former Employee)

OK

na

Pros

I guess the only thing I really like was the messaging system to parents

Cons

Software is always glitchy and never works appropriately

Great experience with KidReports - I look forward to using it weekly!

Pros

KidReports allows you to post daily activities, photos, alerts/reminders and also allows you to send out messages.

Cons

It is somewhat clunky to navigate but it is easy to get the hang of it. Not much to complain about here!

Sonya from ChildRoots

LARGE CENTERS SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loads of frustration, wasted time and money. We had to discontinue use, as the lack-luster child tracking required we still maintain paper records for classroom attendance.

Pros

Few pros, I would be careful with this product, Procare has not fully figured out the bugs and the product is unreliable.

Cons

This product crashes during peak hours - morning/evening. If considering this product for use to track children (larger center(s)), buyer beware. We invested $20K purchasing tablets for 3 locations (23 classrooms), improving our wifi throughout our schools to ensure proper connectivity and hired a consultant to smoothly deploy KidReports only to find out THIS PRODUCT CONSISTENTLY CRASHES AND DOES NOT TRACK PROPERLY TRACK CHILDREN.

Michelle from University of Phoenix

Industry: Law Practice

Review for Brianna Butler's Report

I'm not getting emails from you all like I should.

Pros

I like to know what my daughter is doing in daycare.

Cons

You all are not emailing me the daily reports like you should.

Rebecca from ISANA Academies

Great Tool for Early Education/ Childcare

It has allowed me to simplify my communication process I usually have with families. I can use this software to keep everything in one place.

Pros

This software allows you to communicate with families of your students/children. It allows you as a user to easily update and communicate with families all on one platform.

Cons

So far there is nothing I do not like about this software, it is very clear and easy to use. It is user friendly.

Michelle from Traditions Children's Center VI

Director feedback

Pros

Easy to use and parents love it! It is nice to be able to send emails to all the families at once!

Cons

It took us a little while to get it going on our end but that wasn't your problem; otherwise, no problems!

Maggie from Holy Redeemer Child Care Center

Feedback

Very good.

Pros

I am still learning it but, the ease of use and the many various options to make it user friendly for our center.

Cons

It is hard to remember the steps in the process of things at first.

Missy from Mama Lissa's Tiny Tot University

What a great add on!

Pros

I love the fact that my families love love love the daily update and pictures.

Cons

I wish children were moved back to their primary room when they are clocked out.