• Pros

• "I like the overall ease of use for this product. It took a while to work out some bugs, but now that we have gotten a new tablet it seems to work better. "

• "The help we received was invaluable. Questions were answered quickly and follow up was fabulous."

• "I like that it connects the families on pretty much all pages. "

• Cons

• "There are some improvements to be made on how different aspects are designed, however they are constantly updating and revamping the software to be better and better. "

• "can be glitchy sometimes, but any issue are dealt with quickly. "

• "Classroom navigation - too many steps for simple daily tasks. Parent app is not visually pleasing. Not enough options for tracking staff benefits (vacation and sick time). "

Browse SmartCare Reviews

Stephanie from TenderTots Child Care Center

My experience with SmartCare has improved for the better.

The main benefit that a user would get from this product is all the child and family information in one place and easily accessible. Another amazing feature is the ability to print reports for attendance, billing, and other items.

Pros

I enjoy the real-time updates within the center, teacher and parent apps. I can also appreciate that there is always someone in customer service with anything that needs to be addressed. Lastly, I enjoy that there are always constant improvements based off of suggestions that actual users have suggested.

Cons

Thankfully, there have been so many improvements since the release of the program that there are not too many cons to mention. The only improvement that I can suggest is the ability to print out individual balance reports for families.

Response from Smartcare

Replied July 2018

Stephanie, Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback! We are so glad to hear that you have had a wonderful experience with our software and our customer service has been outstanding for you. We're positively elated to be able to provide our Customers with all of the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! Smartcare is happy to be able to deliver our software to your Center and we appreciate your business and we expect to continue to update our software to meet your needs. Warm Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com Smartcare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Kelly from Trinity Preschool

Smartcare Review

Overall I have been pretty happy. I don't think it's perfect, but there are enough good aspects to make me not look elsewhere for another option. Customer service has been excellent and I believe they will continue to improve it.

Pros

Tuition payments online, timeline posts and child sign in via app all make my life as Director easier. Customer service is good. All representatives have been very responsive. User manuals are well done.

Cons

I wish I didn't need to download reports to customize them. I wish there were report that I used to use on Childcare Manager. I miss the emergency report that would print out children in attendance and emergency contacts for fire drills. I wish parents could fill in their own contact information, their authorized pick up people. This take a lot of work on my part every summer.

Reasons for Choosing SmartCare

I chose Smartcare because information from Childcare Manager merged directly into Smart Care.

Response from Smartcare

Replied October 2019

Hi Kelly, Thank you for your positive comments and suggestions. I have shared your wish list with our tech team. Don't be afraid to reach out to our support team if you ever want assistance. They may have ideas that can save you time. Thanks again!

Karyn from Preschool

Loved it

Customer service was great in helping me to understand the set up.

Pros

Parents can use with ease. The app for their smartphones gives them everything they want to know about their account, child day, erc

Cons

It took a long time to set up all the tuition types and assign each child a tuition plan. It also didnt have a monthly plan that suited us as we figure tuition weekly and some parents pay monthly. Therefor some months have a 4 week payment and others a 5. To do this I had to go in and switch Timon plans each month.

Reasons for Choosing SmartCare

Smartcare has more options especially under accounting

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2019

Dear Karyn, Thank you so much for your kind words. Our Smartcare team is dedicated to making our software and service the best solution for child care centers. Grateful you have taking the time to share your comments. Happy holidays! Marla Leung

Danielle from Irma A. Jones Preschool

I liked Childcare Manager better

In all honesty I am extremely disappointed with Smartcare. If I had not required my parents/staff to adjust to ChildCare Manager then to Smartcare a short time afterwards I would look for something else.

Pros

- The tablet that the parents and staff use to check-in/out is very modern looking. - The ladybug allows us the opportunity to screenshot a problem for tech support. - The layout looks good and is more modern. - Updates are being made often which increases our ease of functionality.

Cons

- There are a lot of things that we need in the childcare world that ChildCare Manager had that Smartcare is sluggish with. For example, live files vs. archived files. If I want to look back at a past child I have to unarchive them to bring them forward. - The accounting portion does not allow corrections. I'm concerned that the "credits" we had to add to correct issues will come back to haunt us at tax time. - Parents cannot see notes that we've added to the accounting so that they know what the charges are for (for example, field trips are not on regular billing. When parents see the charge they don't know what it is for because the "note" doesn't appear to them) - In ChildCare Manager the reports section gave a brief synopsis of what could be included. Smartcare gives the title of the report alone, it has to be run and downloaded just for us to see that it was not what we needed. - We still do not have a place to document employee discipline that they cannot see. In CCM we had a page that we could keep track of things, but staff could not see. - We discovered that if a staff person downloads a Smartcare Kiosk app they can clock themselves in remotely. This we discovered in the testing phase and we had the employees delete the app (hopefully, it will stay deleted). - The ladybugs are helpful, but not always answered immediately. Additionally, if/when the problem is corrected we are not assigned a ticket # for us to refer back to should we need to follow-up.

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2018

Danielle, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Emily from Crossroads Church

Smart Everything Care

As a staff member, it was super helpful with each specific child and their needs and their communication. As a parent, it is a stress eliminator that I can see every function of my baby in the daycare.

Pros

I LOVE that this software interfaces with both staff and parents. It has been a game changer for communication within the daycare setting.

Cons

I do not like the lag that sometimes happens within the software that limits the ability to see/read comments in a timely manner, or post appropriate things in a timely manner.

Response from Smartcare

Replied October 2019

Hi Emily! Thank you so much for your positive feedback and comments. We are grateful that you appreciate our software and that is helping your daycare communicate with staff and parents!

Renee from Nature's Scholars Enrichment Center, Inc

Smartcare is missing many important features from Child Care Manager

The transition from Child Care Manager to Smartcare we did in phases, first employees, then parents practicing with app before actually using it. It has been a difficult transition. If it wasn't for Smartcare taking over Child Care Manager we would never have changed. Seems odd that the we were told CCM would not be supported after August yet I just got a notice for a renewal of the support contract. Feel like there was dishonesty with that information. I would not suggest this program at this time due to the conflicts I have encountered.

Pros

I do appreciate that it is web based, nice to see things remotely. Like that the parents have an app and are able to view the timeline and keep tabs on their child's day. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who helped to transfer all my CCM to Smartcare has been wonderful.

Cons

My biggest problem currently is the integration of Quickbooks, our old software CCM exported into individual customer accounts. Smartcare will only export into 1 Smartcare Customer making it a nightmare to balance between software. The tech support answer when emailed about a fix for this was "We have followed up with our Product Engineer and the integration of the data from Smartcare to Quickbooks is only configured for the one Smartcare named Client in Quickbooks. Unfortunately, at this time, it is working as designed" and I quote. Perhaps you should listen to the what the client needs. The teacher app does not allow other teachers to see the timeline entries made by a teacher that clocked out prior. Can not see at a glance the class information such as when a child was last changed, fed, napped etc. Daily connect is free and does a much better job at this. There is no way of keeping track of vacation/personal benefits or training's and certificates for employees.

Response from Smartcare

Replied February 2019

Renee, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources. We understand the transition from CCM can be difficult. Our goal at Smartcare is to grow with your Center and to be able to meet or exceed your expectations, with our Software solution. Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Jill from Adventure Club

All things Smartcare

My overall experience with Smartcare has been good. The setup originally was a bit overwhelming but I've muddled through and made it. I do like that you can access it from any device, I don't have to be at my desktop to work.

Pros

What I like most about Smartcare is the real time use. Customer service is great, they explain everything in detail. Parents like knowing when their kiddos are signed in and out. I like all the report options!

Cons

What I like least about Smartcare is that there are constant changes and families/staff like familiarity. The phone app for sign in and out is inconsistent and recently the key tags are inconsistent as well. Just my opinion but I believe the updates cause those hiccups. I also do not like that families can disable their payment accounts without my knowledge.

Reasons for Choosing SmartCare

I chose Smartcare because Childcare Manager recommended it.

Response from Smartcare

Replied September 2019

Hi Jill, Thank you very much for your thoughtful comments about Smartcare. Please know that your comments have been forwarded on to our tech team and trust that we are working to improve any inconsistencies. We couldn't agree with you more that families and staff like familiarity and consistency. We are also sharing your positive comments with our customer service team. Thanks again!

Jaime from Lighthouse Learning Academy

Much to be desired!

Wish they'd step up their game. The software they replaced, while still not as well thought out as ProCare, was so much better.

Pros

I love the built in auto pay feature the most. It makes it easy for both management and our parent clients.

Cons

The reports are awful! And the employee function lacks many easy to use features that our previous software had. Such as keeping up with vacations and holiday hours.

The value (at the time)

Response from Smartcare

Replied December 2019

Jaime, We are sorry about your disappointment. Please note that we are working hard at Smartcare everyday to improve our product. Please remember if you need assistance, you can always call our support team. They have tips and insight that may guide you and ease any frustration you are having. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Christine from Skylands Learning Center

Smartcare Saves Time and Helps Organize!

It has been a joy to be part of Smartcare's development and growth!

Pros

They are constantly adding new features that are requested. The support at Smartcare is very responsive, quick to help, and eager to solve problems. Smartcare saves administrative time and has really cut down on paper used at our center. The pictures are such an amazing feature!

Cons

The parents seem irritated when the app needs an update or the kiosk takes a long time to respond, I think a lot of the time loss is from slow internet in our area.

Response from Smartcare

Replied September 2019

Dear Christine, Thank you very much for your positive comments about Smartcare. We continually strive to make Smartcare the best product in the marketplace and we greatly appreciate your feedback. Thanks again for your Capterra review!

Deanna from Baby's Playhouse, llc

I don't like when something is wrong all I can do is Email and get a email back.

I can see it on my Ipad or cell phone where ever I am. I can work where ever I am because all my school's information is on the ipad now.

Pros

I can have it on my Ipad and cell phone. I can see all my School's information where ever I am. I can send emails to parents from the Ipad. I can send photo from the ipad.

Cons

I can only email someone and only get a email back when something is wrong. The reports don't have lines. payroll don't have a spot for holiday or training. I like a Calendar that shows the kids days out for the month.

Response from Smartcare

Replied October 2018

Ricarda from Tunbridge OST

Billing issues

Overall it is OK, not as dynamic as I had hoped. I like the digital log in/out process for families. However some of our families fin the two step process hard to follow.

Pros

I like the reports that I am able to run. I like that the staff can clock in and out and only access our stuff when they are workings.

Cons

1)The most important aspect of this tool is to be able to collect on payments. The billing system is showing bills as being due the next billing cycle, rather than the current billing cycle. My parents are confused and my payments are coming in late. If this issue is not fixed, we will be starting the next year with a new company. The customer service people don't seem to see the gravity in the situation, but if I cannot collect payment in a timely manner then I don't really need the service. 2) We use this service for an after school program. The timeline is not geared towards OST but to daycare. I would like to see some prepopulated timeline items specific to older students. Diaper changes and bottle feedings are not important to us. 3) The statements that we are able to generate for families do not meet the requirements for reimbursement for childcare. I have to create separate invoices to families with flexible spending accounts.

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2018

Ricarda, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Bobbi from Kids of Promise Preschool

Kids of Promise

Pros

1. Payment through the App is great 2. Posting is fast and easy 3. Cloud based makes it faster and easier, no need to do backups continually 4. Parents love the ease of checking in / out.

Cons

1. Reports are difficult to work with and I can't find a way to create specific reports we use. They also contain unnecessary information which requires having to do a lot of remedial work in the excel format. For example why is there a time (ie 12:00 AM) placed by the date. In order to effectively read the report I have to change every date to remove the time. Put it in a separate column so it can be deleted. 2. We can't easily move from one genre to another with a connection (Ex: If I'm in accounting and I need to check in the Children's area when I move over it doesn't connect me to the family's child I need. I have to find the child). This becomes annoying when I want to go from a child to their family and may not be sure of the family name or vice versa and have to find the second item instead of it working like a toggle. 3. In the state of Florida we need only one date on the Immunization Record (not the date of each shot). I can't use this feature to keep track of renewal dates. 4. Very difficult to create sign able attendance records for children receiving benefits from outside sources. I have to convert the all school PDF to Excel and then create a page for each child required deleting the unnecessary data.. We should be able to get this report by child or by class. 5. I would prefer to look at attendance records for children and employees in a monthly calendar format rather then the ledger format currently available.

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2018

Bobbi, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Katherine from Oakhurst Learning Center

Not an easy transition from Child Care Manager

Pros

We like the parents ability to set up accounts and manage funds on their own. I like the reports of children not signed out of the school and the employees not signed out of the school. I like the ability to log on and see our data anywhere.

Cons

This system does not feel very streamlined. It feels cut and paste. When you are dealing with children and families, you should be able to go to the parents last name see.the children, the accounts, etc and do your functions - adding credits, changing billing items, making notes...all in one place. One stop shop. Not ten clicks to see it all and to do what you need to do. With the transition from CCM to Smart Care some of the functions needed additional finesse to get working - the primary /secondary sponsor was a huge issue. It would be better if the parents when signing up could choose the family sponsor. Instead of us finding billing issues because this was not configured right from CCM. Reports - Smart Care assumes everyone is going to be on tablets but unfortunately this is not the case with all preschools including ours. We need to be able to generate paper copies of all reports like we did in CCM. The reports are not as professional looking as those in CCM. Door Access not yet an option - waiting. Text Message notification - not everyone has the app or will put it on their phone. We need this function to work for mass text messaging. Grandparents can get texts they haven't all embraced the app. All searches and displays should be the same. I prefer families and children listed by last name so siblings will be underneath siblings. Also, a search bar should be on every single page.

Response from Smartcare

Replied October 2018

Courtney from Mini Mos LLC

We love Smartcare at our center. It has been awesome for us.

Pros

It makes tracking everything so easy. As a director, I love the reports. They are easy to use and well laid out. For teachers, the ease of the program is wonderful and the communication between parents and the classroom is awesome. For parents, the technology on their phones is amazing. They don't have to take home a sheet of paper every night that gets lost. They can always access the information. They can directly communicate with the teachers when needed.

Cons

The cost for us can be a little daunting. We initially had all intentions of passing it on to the families but ran into a lot of bumps along the way needing to take the cost on ourselves because it wasn't really providing the offered services. It is now hard to pass on those costs to parents because we don't use it for billing. Long term I wouldn't mind going back to billing parents this way, but the transition back is a bit overwhelming to think about. I truly think that we have done a lot to incorporate this program into our child care center. We give a ton of feedback along the way. We didn't always get the best support and I think that could have been improved. I feel like we do now, but we did get "forgotten" for a while. I love the program and will continue to use it but I wish there was just a bit more support and help along the way to continue the initial support we received.

Response from Smartcare

Replied July 2018

Courtney, Thank you so much for your great feedback! We are so happy to hear that you love SmartCare. We're positively delighted to be able to provide our Customers with all the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! that's why we value your comments because we want to provide even a better experience for you . At SmartCare, we appreciate your business and we look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Warm Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com SmartCare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Christen from Immanuel Day Care Center

Mediocre at best!

I feel like it could have potential, but they just launched their system too soon without working out the kinks first. The list of cons goes on forever, but I just don't have the time to write them all.

Pros

The overall look of the software is nice and appealing.

Cons

Customer support is not helpful, they talk to you more like you're an idiot than anything. The reports make no sense, especially the monthly statement (OMG the monthly statement is horrible)! Good luck trying to set up your monthly billing on the first of the month, because not even customer service can seem to make it work. The parent app seems to be down or not working most of the time. I find it ridiculous that you can't go back to the same screen you were previously on without scrolling down through the first page again. The ladybug icon would be great if they actually worked on what you sent them. Instead they send you the generic email "Thanks for your input we will send it to our Smartcare team", but you never really know what happens cause they never send anything back saying they took care of the problem. There isn't any option in the sign in and out area for you to mark if a child is sick, on vacation, or if they are just absent! It's concerning that there is no system backup for our records, it just seems to be saved in the "cloud" somewhere. There should be a local backup or something.

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2018

Christen, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Autumn from The Trike Stop

Program design needs lots of work

Rough start. After reading online reviews I see I am not the only one and suggest the program developers work quickly at addressing the concerns from users...most concerns are addressed over and over and yet changes have not been made. How hard can it be to organize everything by first name or last name or some common denominator? Right now its very confusing and time consuming going between families, children, payment and accounting when every single category is organized differently.

Pros

I love that I can access it from my smartphone while away from the office. I also really like the group emailing feature.

Cons

1) The number of steps it takes to do things is time consuming and completely unnecessary. Streamline everything to be more organized and functional. 2) The "Report" section needs a lot of work and even very simple parent statements are not possible. The filtering option only works on some reports but is needed all the time. 3) Billing has had a very rough start for us as well as our families. 4) Parent APP needs to notify parents of the 2.85% credit/debit convenience change BEFORE they choose that method of payment. Being notified after inputting their card information is a waste of time and seen as being sneaky. 5) Having to have a PC, Tablet and Ipad to use all features is ridiculous. Streamline everything.

Response from Smartcare

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Autumn - It is our pleasure to assist you in locating our Online Resources for you and your Staff! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Janet from Bright and Early Learning

Messaging

Smartcare Technical team are always willing to help solve any problem we present to them. They have help parents with issues as well.

Pros

I love the "Messaging" feature. Recently while away from my computer our center had an emergency situation that I needed to alert our families about. I logged in from my phone and was amazed the the messaging worked so well. Every parent received a e-mail with the pertinent details about the situation. I am grateful for the ease of use.

Cons

It would be nice if messaging could include text to parent phones.

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2018

Janet, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Smart Care Review

Pros

I love how easy it is to sign in through the tablet and clock in for work. Using not only the key card that is provided but also through the number they allow you to create in case you forget your key card or have something in your hand. It is also easy to navigate through the app if a parent forgets to clock their child out or in.

Cons

One thing I do not enjoy about Smartcare is the lack of service you receive if your internet is down. There were times at our daycare when the internet would go out and parents could not log their children in so we would have to write them down and manually put the names in later which could be a hassle. This issue did not really have to do with smartcare as a whole but in some cases our internet.

Response from Smartcare

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your Review! It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software! While you and your staff are in the process of learning the Software functionality - we have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Jennifer from Public school

Smartcare review

Overall I love this software because it helps the communication and understanding between parents and teachers. It also helps parents keep up to date with their bills and what their kids are doing each day.

Pros

Smartcare is a great software to use in a school. It helps with communication between parents and teachers as well as lets them connect throughout the day. The payment process that the software uses is very easy and effective. It helps keep the parents and directors in the know when someone owes money or has to pay for something.

Cons

This software could use a makeovers. Its functionality is great and works in every way but you are dealing with teachers and parents of young kids. It could use some colors and design to it.

Response from Smartcare

Replied March 2019

Jennifer, Thank you so much for your feedback! We're thrilled that you are loving Smartcare - and that your Center is taking advantage of our amazing Billing and Parent Communication features! We have an array of Resources available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull | Director of Marketing

Sara from CrossRoads Children's Center

Smartcare is a great idea overall and has some great features but needs some work.

The only benefit our school gains from this software is that parents have the ability to pay through their app, taking some of that responsibility out of our hands.

Pros

Smartcare has great features such as signing children in and out, and allowing parents to pay through their app.

Cons

Smartcare is a great concept for schools, however the inability to individually customize certain features to meet the needs of your own school creates a headache. For a company that bought out another company (Childcare Manager or CCM), I would've thought that more of CCM would have been imported. The thing I like the least about Smartcare is that there are too many different platforms that you have to use (iPad for scheduling, etc., Desktop which doesn't include all features, Andriod for Kiosk). The amount of different tablets we had to get to be able to be a functioning school is unrealistic. And there is no app for teachers which makes it difficult to communicate with parents for us--we decided to go with a different software for communication purposes. Smartcare has a long way to go to be more user friendly and to be realistic for early childhood programs.

Response from Smartcare

Replied October 2018

Emily from Lilly'sPad Learning

Great Easy Program

It has been great. They are quick to respond to issues that we are having and helpful in directing us towards solutions.

Pros

We like how easy it is to register our students, check them in and out each day and handle all of our billing. It makes things very transparent with parent and easy for them to make their payments.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches in the software that takes awhile for them to resolve.

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2018

Emily, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Starr from Grand Rapids Early Discovery Center

Transitioning from our previous child care management system to SmartCare was simple.

The most advantageous benefit is that it is web-based! As noted in the 'pros' I have found many benefits to the program.

Pros

I love that SmartCare is web-based, allowing families to see their account in real time. The 'bug' feature is very user friendly and a simple way to make suggestions for added features. New features are added regularly to make the program work for the child care industry. The customer service and support in the transition process has been incredibly helpful while transitioning to this program. I have been amazed with the response time from customer support and account managers. My families have been very positively responsive to the switch to SmartCare and seem to prefer it to our previous two programs. Overall we are very happy with our decision to use SmartCare!

Cons

There are a few features that I would find very helpful (such as a notes section for each family) and the option to add a start and/or end date for a family's tuition plan. However, I know they take customer suggestions seriously so I am hopeful that it is only a matter of time before some of the features are added that I currently consider a 'con'. The only other con is that the billing periods are not super clear. When a family receives a weekly tuition charge it isn't clear what dates the charge covers.

Response from Smartcare

Replied July 2018

Starr, Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are so thrilled to hear you have had an outstanding experience with SmartCare and that you love that our software is web-based. At Smartcare we are very happy to be able to deliver our software to your Center and we look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Best Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com Smartcare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Jessica from EDU1st

Hard transition to make from what we were using before.

This software is teaching me to become more organized, to ensure things run as smoothly as possible. I get daily training. :)

Pros

The one thing I like the most from Smartcare is the flexibility or ease to send multiple pictures to parents and the communication to all the parents who are active. I also like how the parents can use their time line to see pictures and videos of their children. It's also convenient to give the parents the option to make a payment towards tuition.

Cons

I least like the billing in Smartcare and auto pay. It is hard to understand for the parents, and how is it possible that if an account is on auto pay that no charges can be made during the rest of the week except for Mondays.

Response from Smartcare

Replied October 2018

Jennifer from The Lawton-Taylor Academy

Work in progress?

Our goal was to condense all of our systems into one place using smart care. However, because of the challenges with reporting functionality and lack of intuitive features we are still using multiple systems to manage our school. Overall Smartcare is a great system but it needs more development, perhaps with input form school administrators, teachers and parents.

Pros

The software is very easy to use from an administrative perspective.

Cons

I would really like to see more reporting functionality and ease of use with reports. It would also be wonderful to have a customizable report option that allows users to add fields as necessary. We would also like to see more intuitive functionality for the parent/classroom communication features.

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2018

Jennifer, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Marrie from Creative Minds

Pretty good

Pros

Our daycare facility uses this software. When we started with this we were just in as a trial run from the beginning to now it's made a lot of improvements

Cons

Just when it updates it sets some things off like on the business end and the app for the parents as well, it's a work in progress

Response from Smartcare

Replied May 2018

Marrie, Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are so happy to hear that your Center's Trial Run has been a seamless experience with our software, and that our intuitive interface is easy to use - as soon as you go live! We're positively elated to be able to provide our Customers with all of the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! Smartcare is very happy to be able to deliver our software to your Center. We appreciate your business. We strive to provide the BEST Childcare Software - in our Industry and due to our growth and our industry's demand - we expect to continue to update our software to meet those needs. We look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Warm Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com Smartcare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Sharon from Small World

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Some parts we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! They are still working out some bugs.

Pros

Love electronic sign IN/OUT, attendance and meal tracking, and the ease of communication with one or all parents. Smartcare has always been there to help when we needed it. They are quick to respond to bugs reported.

Cons

I wish you could maintain families from one screen instead of having to do billing from children, account maintenance from accounting . I don't like swapping from listing by Last name in some places then first name in others, We do not use the Payments tab that shows family icons due to them being in random order. Our center is large so we would have to look through 22 rows of 6 icons to find the family that is trying to pay. PDF reports waist too much paper, need to economize. Excel reports do not have totals, and often have excessive amounts of data making them impossible to print all columns on one page without changing column widths and manually deleting columns. We cannot accurately maintain agency ledger cards due to not being able to charge and credit them. We will have to wait until August or September for the update to fix this. In the mean time my list for adjustments is getting longer.

Response from Smartcare

Replied July 2018

Sharon, Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so happy to hear you love some features of our software as the electronic sing IN/OUT, attendance, meal tracking, among others and we have been able to be there when you have need us to help you. We strive to provide the BEST Childcare Software - in our Industry and due to our growth and our industry's demand - we expect to continue to update our software to meet those needs. We appreciate your business & look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! As always, please feel free to reach out to us direct and we will be happy to assist! Best Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com Smartcare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Missy from Open Door Preschool

It often feels as though the software is not fully developed which leads to roadblocks for the user.

It has taken some of the work off of me as a site director as it allows parents to pay tuition through the app and check their children in/out.

Pros

The tool gets easier to use the more we use it and understand the different nuances. The feature that allows parents to check their children in and out for the day is great.

Cons

It often seems disorganized. For example, names are listed differently depending on which page you are on. If you are on "Accounting" it is parent listed in alphabetical order by parent last name, under families the list is parent's first names in alphabetical order, etc. It is also weird that we are not able to make create statements for families with notes on them.

Response from Smartcare

Replied October 2018

Carmen from Poplar Ridge Training Station

Smartcare System

We like the attendance tracking feature and the real time ratios. That being said, we have had many issues with parents being over charged, double punches in and out that were not showing up as an error, automatic payments not coming out on time. We serve a big population of school age children who may be here for 1/2 hour in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. When a group of 22 children get off the bus, we have to sign them in individually. This takes FOREVER!! I like Child Care Manager where we had a class set up and could check which children got off the bus, enter the time and hit ok. It would update each one of the children as a group.

Pros

The variety of features it offers and parents love the option of paying tuition online.

Cons

It is very difficult to learn. There were a lot of "kinks" in the system that had to be worked out when we started in August. We switched from Child Care Manager (which was being discontinued) to Smartcare and it is not comparable. There were a lot of things we could do on CCM that cannot be done on Smartcare. We are very disappointed in this system.

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2018

Carmen, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Santiago from Edu1st

Smartcare takes Childcare management software to a new level!

Multiple platforms in One Easy to use interface Great support and training staff

Pros

Smartcare is leading the change in childcare management solutions. Intuitive interface that out of the box solves most of the main needs of childcare operations. Reduce the number of solutions you need by integrating Parent communications, time and attendance, CRM, Payments and Center management.

Cons

Software is a work in progress and there are features that are still under development. Fortunately the team is rolling out improvements and new features on a weekly basis and things will only get better moving forward.

Response from Smartcare

Replied April 2018

Santiago, Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are so happy to hear that your Center is having such a seamless experience with our software, and that our intuitive interface is easy to use - as soon as you go live! We're positively elated to be able to provide our Customers with all of the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! Smartcare is very happy to be able to deliver our software to your Center and appreciate your business. Thank you for your review of our Staff Support and Training, as well! We strive to provide the BEST in Customer Service - in our Industry. We look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Warm Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com Smartcare - Director of Sales Enablement

Katelyn from Family Learning and Childcare

Great Childcare Center Tool

Smartcare has enabled my center to reduce printing costs in billing, registration forms, handbooks, and daily sheets. The ease of billing through the app puts our center at the top of the list. The customer service within this company is impeccable- they are always there to aid.

Pros

The ease of accessibility not only to the many features, but the availability of customer service to respond to any questions within reasonable time frame is very helpful.

Cons

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2018

Katelyn, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

AnnMarie from Kiddie University Capitol Hill

my experience was a good one

The comment from parents is very positive before and after starting with us. A teacher doesn't have explained to a parent about a child's day when they come to pick up its already there in the app.

Pros

Parents are able to chat with the teacher through text messages. The teacher is also able to send picture and videos

Cons

it sometimes gives problems. and parents sometimes don't get updates or pictures that were sent over to them of there child's milestone

Response from Smartcare

Replied July 2018

AnnMarie, Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are so glad to hear that you have had a good experience with our software. We're positively delighted to be able to provide our Customers with all the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! that's why we value your comments. We strive to provide the BEST Childcare Software - in our Industry and due to our growth and our industry's demand - we expect to continue to update our software to meet those needs. Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Best Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com Smartcare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Robin from Kids Village

Needs updates to run more quicly

We are able to cummunicate with our parents so easily with Smartcare. We live in an era when people don't want to answer the phone but they will respond to a notification almost immediately. This has been very beneficial to our center.

Pros

I love that I can find students class by class. From a Director point of view I am able to search for individual children. You can sort children by several different methods which is nice.

Cons

Checking children in or out of the center is incredibly time consuming. There are several steps for each child just to check them into the center and then several steps again to check them out. The software is not fast, especially when using a tablet, so this process of checking in and out can take upwards of 1 minute per child. Teachers just don't have this kind of time to spend on taking roll. Our center continues to use paper rolls because of this issue. Please set up the check in a whole class at one time!

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2018

Robin, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Jerrie from Alpha Learning Center

Smartcare

Pros

Electronic sign in for parents, family & friends to help save our trees

Cons

Automatic billing appears on a families account if the parent does not accurately sign their child out of the system in the evening.

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2018

Jerrie, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Sarah from lsa

going paperless

Pros

I love that SmartCare covers so many areas of our childcare business. From daily information for parents to billing to attendance, they cover it all.

Cons

There are sometimes hiccups in the functions or little things that could be changed but the system has come a long way in the two years we've been using it.

Response from Smartcare

Replied January 2019

Sarah, Thank you for your feedback & continued support of our product! It's our absolute pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Marrie from Creative Minds Learning & Development Centers

So thankful!

As a director there are lots of things to keep up with on a daily basis. With Smartcare I feel like I am able to keep up with my day so much easier than before. Gone are the days of running room to room to check ratios or to see who is even in attendance. No more clipboards with fifty sheets of paper and post-it notes all over it with schedules. I find I have more time to actually focus on the children now. When it comes time for weekly payments, it is a breeze! I no longer have to remind parents about payments because Smartcare does it for me. The only area would would love to see advancements is in the updates. While we love the updates, they sometimes cause some issues with how you have to update all systems for them to work properly.

Response from SmartCare

Replied January 2018

Marrie, Thank you very much for your review on SmartCare! We truly appreciate the feedback from our clients, as it is instrumental to our mutual growth and continued success. As always, we encourage our clients to reach out to their Customer Success Manager for your questions, suggestions and requests for assistance. I am also available to assist you - anytime. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to improve our Software and Services as we want to make sure that your Center continues to have a positive experience! Warm Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com SmartCare - Sales & Marketing Account Executive

Rebecca from St. Matthew's WeekDay

SmartCare review

Pros

I love Smartcare! It is so easy to check my kids in and out of daycare and communicate with teachers throughout the day! We can even quickly pay fees and balances through the app. The app is so user friendly, it required no training.

Cons

Sometimes the app requires setting up a new QR code, but it is rare and doesn't take long.

Response from Smartcare

Replied February 2019

Rebecca, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your Center with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Jennifer from Harborlight Nursery School

SmartCare In a Small School

Pros

I like that all the family information is at my fingertips. Anything I want to be included can be entered and accessible. There are many options for reports available, and that helps as long as you have entered information correctly.

Cons

When you enter a family into the system, they do not automatically receive an invite to use the app for payments. There is also a charge for each time a parent makes a payment, and that is a hard sell to parents in a small center like ours.

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2018

Danielle from Creative Minds Montessori School

It has been quite an adjustment getting used to this software...good and bad.

Most of the information was transferred over electronically from our old software to this software without us having to do it manually.

Pros

Still trying to figure this out. There are more cons than pros right now. The first impression I had of the screens was that it was pleasing to the eye as far as the layout however when I started working in the program, I don't understand why I have to go through so many steps to get where I need.

Cons

The reports are not user friendly...having to download reports each time and then needing to tweak the excel reports for our needs is very time consuming. We have had to send a lot of questions and requests to Smartcare to fit our needs and the solutions are not always easy to follow. The fees associated with parents using their credit card are out of hand. A parent was charged fees 2 times on the same transaction. That's ridiculous! Smartcare has a lot of work to do to improve their program. We hope they listen to the voices of those that work with the program and continuously change it to fit our needs.

Response from Smartcare

Replied July 2018

Danielle, Thank you so much for your feedback! We're positively elated to be able to provide our Customers with all the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features!, and that is why we value your feedback. SmartCare is very happy to be able to deliver our software to your business and we expect to continue to update our software to meet your needs and continuing to provide to your school with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Best Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com Smartcare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Penny from Jacob Academy

We love this software

Love the app feature for parents

Pros

Our favorite feature is the app for parents to pay - it frees up our directors to not have to catch parents for payments and have awkward times asking for money - the directors can focus on the children!

Cons

We haven't added the iPads to the classrooms .... worried about our teachers having their faces in the iPads and not watching the children

Response from Smartcare

Replied July 2018

Penny, Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are so glad to hear that you have had an amazing experience with our software and you love it, specially the app feature for parents We're positively delighted to be able to provide our Customers with all the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! Smartcare is very happy to be able to deliver our software to your Academy. We appreciate your business. We strive to provide the BEST Childcare Software - in our Industry and due to our growth and our industry's demand - we expect to continue to update our software to meet those needs. Our goal is always to exceed your Institute's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Best Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com Smartcare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Don from Little Texas Stars

SmartCare has the potiential to be great. However, it is not very intuitive.

Pros

I like the time line so parents can see pics of their kids and track what their children are doing throughout the day.

Cons

No mass communication feature is available to announce bad weather days or emergencies. No convience fee option is available to charge customers when they use credit cards. This is very important and could cause me to leave smartcare all together because the credit card fee's are draining my bank account.

Response from SmartCare

Replied October 2017

Dear Mr. Walden, Thank you for your review! We apologize for the frustration and want you to know that your feedback will give us the chance to resolve any issues that may occur & assist us in making our services better. We do have the ability to send mass updates to Parents, with our Parent/Teacher Communication Feature. If your Center accepts credit cards, there will always be credit card processing fees to pay. Typical merchants charge 5% on credit card sales, including processing costs, interchange and statement fees, according to the U.S. Business Administration. Consumers are increasingly choosing plastic over cash, just 23% of all point-of-sale purchases will be made with cash this year. Processing fees are unavoidable, but heres the good news: SmartCare can assist you in strategic options to decrease your overhead. Please email me direct: chull@smartcare.com and I will make sure your Customer Success Manager assists you right away! Warm Regards, Collette Hull | SmartCare

The future is there...

We are in the process of a roll-out, and have definitely felt some stress. Smart Care really needs to improve their Tech Support and issue tracking (the little bug just confuses the issue submission process!). But I must say this is really paradigm changing for large(r) Day Care centers, "IF" they can manage the synchronization of the Cloud, software, UI and hardware! I am hoping that they can recognize that our list of suggestions is a treasure trove of improvements and not just an annoyance.

Pros

The process of moving the administrative functions and paperwork to Tablets and teachers in the classroom is working great!

Cons

It is still a mismatch of PC(Web Based) and Tablets and iPad(only?) functionality. Very clunky interfaces (like you have to learn an unusual method to work the UI). The biggest problem is with using the Scheduling module on the IPad and the data not syncing up with the data that is reported in Reports!

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2018

Tuan from Sunrise Children Center

Overall great product with features and functionality that help run a Preschool business seemlessly

As mentioned previously enrollment, payments and accounting features are most valuable.

Pros

Accounting, payments and enrollment features work well. Reports work for the most part. The ones that work are helpful.

Cons

Overall performance issues, lack of regression testing prior to new release. Each new release creates new bugs and breaks existing functionality. During system outage there is a lack of communication to end-users. They functionality that works perfect without prior communication. Time reporting functionality does not work, especially is not compliant for State of California

Response from Smartcare

Replied July 2018

Tuan, Thank you so much for your review on SmartCare! We truly appreciate the feedback from our clients, as it is instrumental to our mutual growth and continued success. We're positively delighted to be able to provide our Customers with all the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! that's why we value your comments. At SmartCare our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Best Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com SmartCare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Catherine from ICC Child Development Center

So far I am unsure if I like this new program. Many of the features in the old program are not offe

Pros

It is clean- has features that I like- automatic billing, posting payments and sending invoices. It is very easy to add a family either on the web or the ipad.

Cons

Does not offer all the things I need it to- Credit card % is triple what i was paying, you cant accept credit card payments from other sites- they don't show up as a payment just added as a credit. These dont show up on tax statements. Site can get confusing when trying to add in families and billing- lots of bath and forth. Once you archive a child- it is hard to reactivate the family- I had to delete the child. I have sent in a few things that have not been working and the first thing I sent in 3 weeks ago still has not been resolved. This does not help if I had a major issue. I am going to give this program a month but I am not sure we will stay with it.

Response from Smartcare

Replied October 2018

Christy from St Charles Children's Center

We are not completely up and running yet but I like what I see as far as ease of making payments.

I haven't fully used everything yet

Pros

The fact that parents can make card payments online through the app and I don't have to process them.

Cons

I paid for a card machine and now that everything is being switched over that was wasted. Its hard to navigate the site it takes forever to try and find things and having 2 separate apps for one center rather then it all together is confusing for everyone. I still have to go through the second training session but am already having a hard time finding the things we went over in the first training. We are hoping that once everything is on place it will be easier to navigate and find things. We also had issues with how to bill parents as my policy charges for what they schedule and your program charges for what they attend. We are working on it with our rep though.

Response from Smartcare

Replied July 2018

Christy, Thank you so much for your feedback! We're positively delighted to be able to provide our Customers with all the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features!, and that is why we do really value your feedback. Smartcare is very happy to be able to deliver our software to your business and we expect to continue to update our software to meet your needs and continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Best Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com Smartcare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Jill from Stepping Stones Early Childhood Center

recommendation for Smartcare

Direct tuition payments are the biggest and unexpected time saving feature of this system. I appreciate having more time to concentrate on other issues that arise as the director of a school.

Pros

The software is very easy to use with a little practice in navigating. The customer service is GREAT! If I can't find my answer in the documentation, I call and speak with a representative that walks me through the issue. They have always been friendly and patient. Parents love the QR code sign in/out system. I really like the messaging system!

Cons

I've received quite a few questions about or difficulty with parent pin numbers and their initial sign up. Being a new system for everyone, I am not able to answer their questions immediately. The financial reports have been a challenge in finding exactly what I am needing.

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2018

Jill, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Pretty good system

Overall its been a good software. We didnt have an app before so we dont have another system to compare it too but it has been great for updates for parents

Pros

I like the alerts parents receive as well as able to send photos

Cons

Software doesnt work easily on all devices. Sometimes issues with it going down

Response from Smartcare

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide your Center with Smartcare & our Smartcare Software Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Fred from Rachaels Kids Care

Industry: Music

Mostly Happy

Overall its been good. There are things that I suggest that I feel can make it better and I look forward to seeing those changes.

Pros

Its makes things easier for me being that I am in a different state then my business.

Cons

I dont like when the system goes down or causes issues the day after updates.

Response from Smartcare

Replied November 2018

Fred, Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources! We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Warm Regards, Collette Hull Director of Marketing

Colleen from Christ Church Nursery School

We are a former childcare manager client, so we began using smartcare because we had to.

cloud based and direct parent access to payment

Pros

Cloud based and parents can pay now using the app! Their support team is quite friendly and helpful over the phone. :)

Cons

Would love more flexible reporting (all directory info in one report) and more flexible billing packages (annual, trimester, rounding to every 15 min vs 5 min). There are more clicks required to get to view different bits of information. Childcare manager had everything in one view, had more safety features (ie the childs schedule prevented them from being double billed if they had 2 billing packages- one attendance based and one flat fee based). It also prefilled the secondary sponsors address same as primary as a default... Their implementation process and testing could have been much smoother... but we're getting there!

Response from Smartcare

Replied October 2018

Lauri from Kiddie Kollege Early Learning Center

Changing over from an older platform has had a few bumps along the way, hoping things clear up soon!

Pros

I like that parents can make payments with either a credit card or straight from their checking account.

Cons

There are a few attributes that we used regularly from the previous software that we are sorely missing. For example, there is no way to track employee vacation, sick, or personal time. Agency ledgers cannot be edited when a child begins attending or stops attending mid-billing cycle, or has billing changes mid-cycle. I have not found a way to search for a child in the list of children, so may have to scroll through all 77 names before finding the last alphabetical child listed. Report types could be grouped somehow, instead of listed by whatever the developers decided to name them, which isn't particularly intuitive. When making software development requests, I'm told that my request will be met based on its priority, but I'm not sure whose priority list that coincides with. It's been a bit of a rocky road beginning...

Response from Smartcare

Replied July 2018

Lauri, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you like some features of our software as the one that allows parents to make payments through different methods. We're positively delighted to be able to provide our Customers with all the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features!. At SmartCare, we appreciate your business and we look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you. Best Regards, Collette Hull | chull@smartcare.com SmartCare - Director of Sales Enablement & Marketing

Kamara from New Hope Church of God in Christ

Smartcare Review

I have only been using it a few months very icloud friendly. I like the flexibility. I think employees should have their own app. The parents app need to have more options to connect to employees app that children are in their classroom. So they would see activities done for the day, field trip photos, reminders, etcs.

Pros

I like most about this software is the staff did most of the leg work for me. I am saying transferring all my documents from childcare manager to smartcare. It made it very easy for me to transition my old clients.

Cons

I do not like having to use the financial component if I choose not too. I believe a 3% finance charge is high regardless if my parents is paying the price. I also think the employees should have a separate kiosk/app from parents.

Response from Smartcare

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your review, Kamara! It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software! While you and your staff are in the process of learning our functionality - we have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here: Tutorial Videos https://smartcare.com/videos/ User Guides https://smartcare.com/user-guides/ *Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager. We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@smartcare.com - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837. Collette Hull Director of Marketing