• Pros

• "Loved the idea of being able to communicate with parents while away from the facility. Parents loved the idea too"

• "You can choose a class. You are able to move kids easily in whatever classroom including yourself. You can keep an album of pictures."

• "Easy to use! I have used both brightwheel and tadpoles. Overall I like tadpoles. As a daycare provider it’s easier due to each child’s profile counting down till the next diaper change "

• Cons

• "Sometimes there is lag between them sending me a photo and receiving that photo. "

• "I really have no major complaints about this software. Although it is simple it works very well in my phone."

• "I have used similar programs that were tied into the center's finance program as well so you could view balances but Tadpoles does not offer this in my experience."

Browse Tadpoles Reviews

Danielle from Van Buren/Cass District Health Department

Great parent portal!

It’s a great app for parents to keep abreast of their kids daily happenings. It’s easy to use, easy to follow and makes saving the cute pictures from their day a breeze.

Pros

As a parent, this app is very user friendly. I have multiple children and the organization of each of their updates and pictures makes it so easy to check in on their day.

Cons

Every once in a while the app won’t update for me right away when opening; occasionally getting stuck on a different day. Typically if I close it and open it up a little while later the issue resolves itself.

Joan from Glassboro Child Dev Ctrs

We LOVE Tadpoles

We have been overall very pleased with Tadpoles as it is easy to use, efficient, and was a nice addition to our unique communication features

Pros

Tadpoles is easy to use, helps to get important information out to families, connect with staff and send photos and progress notes to families so they can see their children's activities, especially during the pandemic when parents are not permitted in the building.

Cons

There are no features that I can think of that leave me unsatisfied. Tadpoles was well developed and really is useful to busy teachers and administrators

PRE to3 was not working for us. Poor customer service

Casey Ann from University of Rochester

Room for improvement

Pros

I liked that we would get a report each day showing what our child ate, how long he napped, and when he had his diaper changed. I also liked that the teachers could share a photo and other notes.

Cons

I didn't like that I couldn't see his report in real-time. I would have to wait until after my child was logged out by his teacher in order to see his report - and sometimes I wouldn't get his report until many hours after picking him up so I'd have to guess when he had his last bottle or diaper change or nap.

Nice-looking application for childcare but there are some issues with functionality

Still my overall experience with Tadpoles is good. I hope that they will work on the bugs I mentioned before soon. The feature of paying tuition is not so critical to me.

Pros

I have been using a few other similar applications and I like Tadpoles design much more than other's. It is simple to use and have everything you need as a parent to look at pictures of your kids or read notes from your kids' teacher. I have two children and can easily switch between them.

Cons

There are some issues with Tadpoles, that do not allow me to give it 5 stars. At first, it looks like there is no option to pay tuition, so we have to use another application to pay checks. For comparison, you can pay tuition directly from Brightwheel. The second, having two kids in Tadpoles creates some bugs in visualization of photos. Literally, I very often see pictures of one kid in account of my second kid. Moreover, I see them but I cannot open them, and I have to restart application every time. So, it is a bug and very annoying one. The third, the download link for videos is really hard to catch. It shows up and disappear very quickly.

Reasons for Switching to Tadpoles

It was a choice of childcare center.

Nevena from Financial services

Good app for teachers

Less chat with parent/teacher about potty/meal/nap report, I can find all off it in daily report. Paperlees reports- saving environment

Pros

I used Tadpoles as a teacher and as a parent. From parents perspective it was easy to use and understand. I like to go back and see old pictures. From teachers perspective I really liked kids portfolios and grading and then pulling reports. Lesson plan section was great as well. I also liked how easy it was to send a picture to a parent. Time wise we would benefit from face recognition feature instead of having to scroll through 24 kids to select the child and send a picture to a parent

Cons

I wish it had feature(when I used it 2 years ago) to leave note for teacher, except note that you can enter before you dropp of your child on the morning. I wish the app is in the realtime and as soon as teacher post something, parent can see

Stephanie from The Nook Daycare, LLC

Good beginner Childcare software

Tadpole is great to start usibg if you have never used a software in your classroom before. Definitely helps you stay more organized.

Pros

Tadpole allows you to digitally input everything from your students day in the comfort of your own classroom. With something as small as a phone, you can download the app and input their whole day. Everything from diaper changes to feedings and parents absolutely love it. It completely changed how I organized my classroom. We never had any problems uploading anything, which was amazing.

Cons

There are better softwares out on the market right now that allow you to do more with their app. More features so we stopped using Tadpole for this reason. Its a great beginner software, but we out grew it. You can't do as many admin features as other software inn the market.

Felipe from I-TECH Solutions Inc.

Good to feel closer to my son

Thanks to this we can talk with our son about what he did and learned during the day, this gives us common topics to stimulate his development

Pros

I like that we feel closer to the teachers, we see the work and the activities they do each day, we see the photos and we have topics to ask and talk with our son

Cons

Navigability is difficult, going from one day to another or from one month to another is complicated, downloading photos or videos is not always possible, having some kind of feedback to the teachers is not easy.

Ted from Kiddie Academy of Longwood-Lake Mary

Pretty darn good.

smoother daily operations

Pros

Amount of content that can be stored for each student. I like the daily count and the historical info too.

Cons

Slow communication between tablets and server. Wish that new students populated faster than they do. We add new students, then there is a dupe once system catches up.

Taylor from Centura Health

Tadpoles review

I really love this app. We have also used HiMama and I feel like that app is a little more personalized.

Pros

I love this app and the peace of mind it creates while my son is at daycare. It allows the daycare to give me updates, diapers, food eaten, and pictures.

Cons

I wish I could send messages back to the daycare with the app or give more personalized messages any time.

Laura from FrugalForLuxury.com

Amazing and very user-friendly tool for schools and families

Absolutely amazing and so much better than competitors we are working with.

Pros

I love Tadpoles. It is so easy to use and allows parents to stay up to date with everything happening with their children during the day.

Cons

I would be nice to be able to leave a message for the school teachers during the day.

Shannon from About to Snap Family Photography

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

As a professional child care provider, I found this software extremely convenient and time-saving.

This software provides me the greatest benefits in time-saving and general efficiency. Everything I need -- reports, student info, parent info, etc. -- is literally all in one place. I feel that because of this software and the efficiency boost it provides, not only is more time and energy focused on the students themselves, but that they're safer as a result. Constantly trying to shuffle around paperwork while teaching is no longer an issue! Plus, I didn't have to carry around a heavy binder anymore. Whew!

Pros

What I like most about this software is the convenience of having all of my student information in one place, readily available at the literal touch of a fingertip. As a professional child care provider for over five years, I can't begin to tell you how much time, paper, and grief this software has saved. I love that each staff member and student's name has a photo listed right there with their name -- makes it so much easier on subs. And thing is, the whole program is so easy to navigate, most people would be able to learn the ins and outs within a few days use. One of my favorite features is the ability to share a photo or update with a parent in real time, and the fact that doing so only requires a few taps of the screen. While no product is ever going to be perfect, compared to similar software I've encountered, I'd go with Childcare by Tadpoles every time.

Cons

While overall, my experience has been generally positive with this software, like anything else there have been some hiccups. My biggest complaint is that occasionally the software freezes when you're in the middle of updating a report or trying to perform some other (what should be a) relatively quick task. For some reason I run into this most frequently while using the in-app camera, though this problem has improved with each update. Another more rare issue occurred when, maybe once a month, a report would not get through to a parent or parents. I will say that for the most part during those issues, customer service was pretty much on top of it and able to help resolve the problem nearly immediately.

Dorothea from Kiddie Academy

Tadpoles App

Pros

I really liked the capability for parents to be able to see daily updated activities and lessons being done in the classroom. It was helpful to be able to plug in all the weekly lessons and have them ready to go, in case of a substitute teacher or just so parents know they upcoming themes and lessons.

Cons

It took me much longer to understand this App over a couple others I have used as a teacher. I had to write in everything manually when this App was used at my former school which took a lot of time. To have lesson options, as in core standards and basic theme titles, would have made lesson planning much easier.

Jennifer from Public school

Childcare review

Overall i love this software it’s been a huge help in my classroom and i would advise most childcare’s to look into it.

Pros

I really liked using this software because it made my life as a teacher easier. I was able to communicate with the parents in real time and i didn’t have to write anymore daily sheets or daily reports. The parents have also really liked being able to connect with us throughout the day. It’s also very affordable which is great for schools!

Cons

I think they could have found better and faster ways to put in information like what the child eats, when they go to the bathroom, etc.

Conrad from Conrad williams llc

A great way to keep see your kids

Pros

I love using this because it helps m feel connected in real time with my children and their school. If I am not getting photos, I am getting reminders about upcoming needs.

Cons

The only complaint I have about this software is that it is sometimes difficult to scroll through the screen old photos. It also does not archive photos. So if you want to keep them, you need to screenshot them

Marisa from Public Schools

A Childcare Worker's Best Friend!

It's amazing. Parents love knowing what their children are doing throughout the day and getting pictures of their kids while they play or do fun activities.

Pros

I loved the instantaneous message system that delivers updates to parents-- parents miss their children as much as their kids miss them so this enables some communication back and forth when things get really tough.

Cons

No spellcheck! There is a lot of typing and quickly sending messages to parents and you always need to be sure you type everything correctly.

Jennifer from Creative Schools, Inc.

Tadpoles

Benefits are ease of use and convenience. Great way to notify parents of what their child is learning, their day, and send them photos.

Pros

Great way to track attendance for childcare centers and get reports sent to parents.

Cons

When a child transitions to a new classroom, they show up on attendance for both classrooms for a week.

Tadpoles is great!

I love this software! It is a wonderful tool to have for any daycare! It provides an easy way to keep parents informed without having to write it all on paper per student.

Pros

Tadpoles is used at my granddaughter's daycare. It is an excellent tool to see how your child did that day! It lists all the important information from the daycare to the parent or guardian.

Cons

There's nothing that I dislike about this software. It is a very effective way to keep parents or guardians informed!

Great Way to Keep Track of My Kids

Pros

Tadpoles is an excellent program that provides ongoing photos throughout the day as well a summary report so I know how my children handled their days.

Rachel from Elevation Church

Communicate quickly with parents from a mobile device

Pros

Easy to write a more detailed note to all parents and get it to them quickly, without the hassle of handwriting/typing notes that will most likely get lost before the parent ever sees it.

Cons

I can't link siblings with different last names (or at least if there is a way, it isn't intuitive or easy to find).

Holly from Ameren

Industry: Utilities

Excellent interface

Great detailed overview of kid's dat. Great communication tool.

Pros

Easy to use, clear interface, ability to easily save pictures and video.

Cons

A bit laggy when opening the app. Would like to be able to send notes after my kidis checked in for the day, in case I think of something to tell the teacher after I get to work. Would be nice to have a monthly calendar function also, to see future events and menus for the whole month.

Marissa from Education

Childcare Review

We are really tackling the task of keeping the parents updated with how their children are doing throughout the day using this program.

Pros

I really like how the parents are able to stay connected to their children throughout the day depending on how much the childcare provider enters into the software

Cons

The software glitches way too often. It does not always send the information through to the parents the same day it is entered. I have been told parents receive pictures of their children on weekends when the picture was submitted to Tadpoles on Friday.

Conrad from Micro Quality Calibration, Inc.

I LOVE this software. I can now keep track of what my child is doing at all times.

Monitoring my child's life. This is such a lifesaver and it should cost triple what it does.

Pros

I love this software because it gives me a live look at what my child is doing at all times. I love te pictures they send you as updates. Make my day every time.

Review From Side of Parent

Really nice software in the eyes of the parent/end user.

Pros

Super Easy to Use. Love getting pictures during the day and the logged reports daily.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Supports + Creates a high level of family connection

Pros

The ease of use for both families and the childcare providers. It is a great tool in allowing teachers to quickly capture, update and share the most important information about a child's day with families.

Tadpoles has room for improvement

Pros

I love that I am able to get photos/videos of my child throughout the day and that I am able to inform the center if my child will be absent, late, etc.

Cons

I have used similar apps that allowed me to message with the center staff in real time, however, this app does not offer that. I'm unsure if that is center-specific or not.

Nidia from NISD

Tadpoles and My Child

Pros

I enjoy seeing the pictures of my child, knowing what he ate and how much of it he ate. It is easy to use and I have experienced no difficulties with it in the past 19 months since I began using it.

Cons

The portion where you can communicate with the teacher sometimes does not work on the app.

Andrea Carolina from SITA

Is what they use in my son's daycare

When I receive direct notifications to the mail, I find out quickly what is going on with my kid

Pros

I like that it has several interesting features such as sharing photos, videos, and comments with the teachers

Cons

I find it confusing to navigate between the different dates, to read the reports or see the old photos

Andrea from Our village Children's Academy

Awesome

Pros

I loved the easy of this program. Even when I no longer use it I know for a fact it is the best one I have used and wish I could have at my new company. I used this while working for Primrose

Cons

There was nothing I disliked about it, it was always easy to use.

Melissa from Productive Power

Easy to use, but a little buggy

Pros

I love getting updates about my daughter while she's at school, and seeing what she's done throughout the day.

Cons

Sometimes the pictures take a long time to load and I can't cycle through them. I end up switching to the email I received half the time to get to them faster.

Diana from Bright Horizons

Excellent tool for children updates

Pros

Live time updates; able to put in the child’s information before you drop them off. Saves time during drop off as the teachers would see all the notes in Tadpoles

Cons

Does not store daily reports from years ago

Kristen from CBUNA

It helps my mind rest at ease!

Love it! It makes it easy to feel connected with whats going on with my child during the day!

Pros

I am able to receive picture / status updates from my child's daycare teachers throughout the day. I also love that they are able to log exact sleep, eat, bathroom times.

Easy and Nice Looking

Pros

I like getting regular updates about what my child is doing. You can select getting an email or a notification.

Cons

Some of the settings are not as easy to figure out.

Kelly from Arthritis Foundation

Updates are amazing

Great product, very happy with it from a parents perspective.

Pros

I love getting updates about my child throughout the day End of day breakdown is amazing Love getting photos from school Easy way to communicate with teachers and staff

Cons

Wish the photos were available longer than 24 hours, but I understand the security reasons.

Kayla from St. Paul

Tadpole

Pros

I like that this software is easy to use and navigate for teachers and parents.

Cons

This software was a little bit expensive.

Great way to stay in touch with daycare

It was great!

Pros

Loved getting photos and updates from our kids teachers.

Cons

Seemed to be slow at times. But this isn’t a deal breaker.

sarah from insurance

Great for parents

Overall a good experience, I wish my child care provider would have utilized it more.

Pros

I liked that I could receive photos and updates about my child’s day

Cons

It would sometimes shut down and be unable to use

Mandy from Hopping In

User Friendly Software

Pros

Easy to use and compatible with Teaching Strategies, this is a huge feature for Head Start schools.

Cons

Would love to be able to attach an objective to the photo that are sent to parents. There should also be a mobile app for it!

Amber from TodayCare

Simple to use

I liked using this program. We do not currently use it anymore at my center because it did not have the ability to process payments.

Pros

This software is very easy to use as a communication tool. I like that it is so simple to send information to parents and that they get a notification when new info is entered.

Cons

I wish there were more features to this software, but overall it is very good. I believe it will continue to get better.

Briana from Martha’s Table

Highly Recommended

Pros

Everything!This changes the game,when it comes to parental education,n early childhood.It is a way to let your parents know what is going on at school, in real time. We used to update parents by paper,but this is so much cooler.We can include lesson plans ,daily transitions and even special notes .

Cons

I dont have any complaints.Tadpoles is a game changer.

Tadpoles Review

Pros

I love how we can add pictures and send daily reports.

Cons

I really like it, I don't really have a negative.

Danielle from RCS

Tadpoles

Pros

The best thing about this software is getting updates about your child's day. It gives you peace of mind when you cannot be with them.

Cons

With the child care center taking pictures and sending updates throughout the day, I worry that it could be a distraction from supervision in the classroom. This is not really a reflection of the software, but a result of using the software in a classroom.

Savanah from GCM

Basic and not too flashy but gets the job done

Alright, it's not flashy but you can see photos and notes with ease and find them quickly

Pros

It's very very easy to use so the most non computer / app users should have no trouble at all using it.

Cons

It's very basic, and I wish it did more like communicate with his teachers. I wish I could see my child's sheet during the day, not just when he's logged out.

Reasons for Switching to Tadpoles

Different daycare uses this one

Being able to see updates on my child's day is great

Viewing updates on my child's progress at preschool is a breeze with the Tadpoles app.

Pros

Seeing pictures posted and daily reports on what happens at school is awesome. I am an end user and do not know how inputting data is, but viewing it is made easy with the mobile apps.

Cons

The only real downside that I can see on the user end is the Android app tends to crash or restart when opening it.

Tiffany from The University of Arizona

Amazing technology to be with your kids at anytime

Pros

Tadpoles Childcare allowed me to get updates and reminders of my child's daycare activities. The app also can upload photos and videos of the children so that I know they are safe at all times. Great piece of mind while I'm working with this app.

Cons

The daycare must use the program and many aren't familiar with it.

Melinda from Primrose School of Cottage Grove

I like how simple the app is.

Parents really like it.

Pros

I like the dashboard and how easy it is to see what is happening in our building. I also like how we can incorporate pictures. Provides a really good experience for parents.

Cons

I wish there were a few more features with notes and historic information, such as notes, pictures and such from an administrator perspective.

Frustrating app glitches but overall good resource

Pros

I like the ability to see pictures/videos as soon as they are approved and sent out.

Cons

I do not like that selecting a notification brings me to the home screen in the app instead of directly to the picture/note I clicked on.

Lucía from Education management

A way to be closer to my son throughout the day

allows me to monitor my son's day to day

Pros

I feel connected in real time with my child's teachers and babysitters during the day. I can see photos and share activities. A great tool

Cons

I really have no complaints about this software. Maybe it works a little slow sometimes. With the updates they will improve and add functions

Aly from The Goddard School

Love Tadpoles!

Pros

It is so intuitive, easy to use and just a cute software! It is so easy to keep track of diapers, meals, which room everyone is, and so much more! What a great tool!

Cons

When taking photos in the app, they typically come out blurry.

Romelia from Universidad de Oriente, Núcleo de Nueva Esparta

Keeps me close to my son and his teachers!

It gives me organization and contact with the school life of my son

Pros

Allows me to stay informed in real time of my child's school day. Easy to use and is not so expensive

PRANAV from EY

Needs many improvements

Staying connected with school and child care about your child's progress

Pros

Parents can stay connected with the childcare regularly. You can receive daily reports from the childcare.

Cons

The user interface needs significant improvement. The Graphics and the quality of dashboard can be better.