Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"They're always able to explain matters clearly and accurately and are consistently positive and pleasant to work with."
  • icon"What makes this software worth the cost, however, is the fantastic support we've received. Having never done online giving before, their help in setup, launch, and updating has been awesome."
  • icon"It’s really a great product and super easy to use."
  • icon"However, you were quick to respond in fixing those problems."
  • icon"Nope - in here it's how you get to the settings for that particular button. It works, it's just a little weird."
  • icon"This whole issue of having customers have to have an apple developer account is unacceptable."

Have you used Aware3 and would like to share your experience with others?

All Aware3 Reviews

Jonathan

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Excellent app creation for churches

Rachel

Excellence

Excellent experience. Superb customer service!!!

Pros

I appreciate that this software is easy to use and that the layout is user friendly for everyone of every age in our church family.

Cons

The back end of updating things can be a little tricky to initially figure out. I would like to be able to rearrange "list links" without deleting and manually reordering them. I also wish it was compatible with our existing database for attendance and check-in purposes.

Reasons for choosing Aware3

It came recommended by our daughter church who had done its research and I trust their tech guys to make wise choices about these things.

Response from Aware3

Hi Rachel- thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are glad to hear that your aware3 tools are easy to use and help you connect with your church family. We appreciate your partnership!

Norm

simple but not integrative

Pros

The app was for the most part easy to use. It was easy to upload notes for people to see in regard to a weekly message. I liked that I could see the givers on a rolling list. I liked the dash board

Cons

It doesn't work with CCB webware...the notes area was not very intuitive. If you put a number in there in an outline form it would not do a continuous numbering order. So I had to put parenthesis around numbers to get it to work...very annoying

Response from Aware3

Hi Norm! We always appreciate candid feedback from partners. To make sure you¿re getting the most out of your Mobile App, I do want to clarify we have API (https://support.aware3.com/hc/en-us/articles/200244539-Church-Community-Builder-API-Services) integrations with Church Community Builder. This includes direct communication through Profile Sync, forms, giving, and small groups. We¿re also able to bring in your events as well as help with child check-in. Would love to talk more about these features, those not being used, and how to get the most out of your church app. Please drop us a note and our team will further assist.

Replied January 2018

Philip

Aware3 -- best app company for churches!

Ease of instant communication with our church members, ability easily get media content to our members, offer great online giving that is both simplistic and mobile

Pros

Aware3 offers an incredible product at an affordable price. The first app company our church went with offered an app for free with only a minor monthly fee. too good to be true, and the company closed. Aware3 understands what churches want and keep the price at an affordable rate while providing great functionality. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date, and for helping us with our mission. We absolutely love and believe in Aware3.

Cons

At times, we find ourselves wanting to do something and find some limitations inside the app. However, the staff at Aware3 have always been willing to help us make our dreams happen and work alongside of us until we have what we desire.

Aware3 - Affordable App Creation for Churches

We've been using Aware3 for a few years now and we love working with them and utilizing their platform to help our church have a presence on people's smart devices.

Pros

Aware3 provides numerous features for our church that cost 3-5x more with other app solutions. Aware3 has always been very responsive and helpful for us whenever we have issues. Ability to accept donations, send push notifications and create a space for sermon notes are all great features!

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say about Aware3. Sometimes the giving feature gets a little buggy for some of our congregants, but it is always quickly resolved.

Response from Aware3

Michael, Thank you so much! We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with aware3. We are pleased to hear that our software is providing such a great experience for your organization and its community. If there is ever a time you need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Our Customer Success team can be reached at support@aware3.com.

Doug

We were looking to get a phone app for our church, along with online payments, and Aware3 did both!

Having a phone app for our church, along with payment processing.

Pros

For one low price, Aware3 provided us with both the phone app our church was looking for, along with online payments - even with a guarantee that we would receive at least as much or more in online payments as we'd be paying each month. We receive FAR, far more each month than we are paying for the phone app! Also, their online access to the features of the phone app are very easy to use and change whenever we need to. We are very happy with this software!

Cons

What I like least about the software is on the payment processing side - there is no easy way to edit our donor's information the way that we'd like to. For instance, if someone has a recurring payment but needs to change their credit card, the only way to accomplish that (that I've found) is to cancel the old transaction and create a new one with the new card. Another payment processor that we use gives us full access to our donor's records, where we can change their credit cards for them, update their payment amount, etc.

Best app software out there for churches!

Pros

Integrates seamlessly with our database system CCB), Customization features are almost endless. Customer support is the bomb!

Cons

If you are looking for an app that doesn't require any effort, this isn't it - it won't magically do what you want it to do. But it's almost there and the thing I like is it offers you control of some design, interface, and customization. Most of the rest are what they are and you can't change a thing without jumping through lots of hoops.

Nick

I love Aware3's product.

As I said before, this product allows for great networking and giving possibilities that our small org would otherwise not be able to afford.

Pros

It definitely allows a small org. like us to have a robust app and giving platform that helps us grow!

Cons

I wish the giving platform allowed for pages that take away all fund giving and campus giving options depending on the application of the giving. For instance, on our website, if we're looking to take in money for a specific program, it would be great to have the functionality to send them to a page that only allows them to give to that particular fund. Also, I wish there was functionality for admins to not only cancel recurring payments, but to also switch which fund individuals are giving to in case of a mistake or because of an update to a fund name.

Gary

Great experience with Aware3

It connects people to the information we need them to have.

Pros

Very simple, easy to navigate and control but a powerful tool. We use it to connect people to the content we need them to have.

Cons

Little advanced control limits you a little. However, customer support is great and helping you accomplish what you are wanting.

Melody

Really happy with our decision to use Aware3

When looking to launch our first church app, I researched and spoke with all the major providers. None impressed me like Aware3 did. It became evident they were really passionate about creating a great product and experience for their clients. Sometimes you just get a gut sense of what kind of people you're working with, and every interaction I've had with them tells me they operate with integrity and authenticity. They are also ahead of the curve in researching and anticipating new ideas and features, and they regularly roll out new features.

Pros

I was dreading the work that was going to be involved in launching an app. It turned out the set-up process could not have been any easier. Aware3 has a user interface that is easy to navigate and understand. My part was to think through how to structure the information for our church (Sunday Mornings, Media, Calendar, etc.) and then plug in links and graphics. You also have complete control over the aesthetics and branding. My favorite things about Aware3, however, has been their people. They are so kind and helpful and are quick to respond to questions.

Cons

A couple years back, you would have to send them an email to add certain features. And while they were very quick top respond and get it setup... when I was working late on a Friday night to launch something new for Sunday I found myself up a creek. They have now built-in the ability to add those features yourself, so my primary disappointment no longer exists.

Response from Aware3

Thanks for your review, Melody! We love working with First Woodway!

Kael l

Aware3 is top of the line. They understand our congregation and their needs.

Pros

The software is incredibly simple to learn and use. The dashboard is easy to navigate and changes apply in real-time. Our church loves how they can easily navigate the app and find whatever they need. One of the HUGE benefits for us is that the software partners with Church Community Builder without any issues. We use CCB for everything in our church from finances to volunteer scheduling to mass emailing. The forms we build integrate with the app will the ease and it's really improved our communication overall.

Cons

The only thing that I'm not crazy about is having to contact support each time that we need to add or remove a tile. It would be nice to have an option to choose a tile, a template for the tile and then add it to the active tiles already in the app.

Jeff

Excellent church app!

Especially like giving through the app, and many people regularly use this feature. It's also our primary hub for event registrations and for that reason keeps members engaged on a regular basis.

Pros

Versatility and adaptability for all of our particular needs. Because they have served a number of other churches and nonprofits, they are well versed in the kinds of things churches need in order to connect with their members, keep them engaged and informed. Extremely helpful customer service staff, which for me is a top priority. This is especially critical whenever a technical issue has had to be addressed, and has always been done expediently and with a positive spirit.

Cons

Setting everything up and understanding all of the various features.

Response from Aware3

Thank you, Jeff! We're thrilled to hear that you're able to connect with your members & keep them engaged through the app. Thank you for your continued partnership.

Robert

Overall it's great solution.

It's a low maintenance mobile presence. It makes it easy to provide a mobile solution to churches that otherwise wouldn't have one. We have a higher engagement level due to the integration with our ChMS. The customer service is very responsive.

Pros

The base app is very affordable. It's integrated with our church management system (Church Community Builder), which allows us to have a greater level of engagement. The features are easy to use and understand. I like that Aware3 continues to add feature and functionality to the app. It requires very little management and oversight once you get everything setup.

Cons

My biggest complaint is the pricing structure. I really don't like that some feature cost extra to get. I feel like if you pay monthly for the app, any update/upgrades should be included. As an admin, I also wish that I was able to add more feature tiles myself. The process of getting feature tiles added to our portal is a little clunky. Also, our geo-targeted push notifications don't work. They did 1 time, and have failed multiple times.

Almeda

We shopped around

Our transition to Aware3 was seamless and everyone we encountered on the Aware3 team was helpful, quick to respond, and really pleasant.

Pros

Very easy to add new features, link to our website, etc. I love that I can post events to our website and have it automatically show up on our app. (Before switching to Aware3 we had to upload these things separately and something would get forgotten without fail.) It's also very useful that it ties directly to our CCB account so that signup forms are always available on the app.

Cons

It took me awhile to get the hang of graphics. The library of graphics can't be edited.

Response from Aware3

Hi Almeda, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us some comments about your experience. Sounds like the app has been great in helping you streamline your processes - just what we like to hear!

Kyle

Church App

The most frustrating part has been not being able to "talk" to someone when I'm trying to make a change or do something i haven't done before. (We've had it going on two years and I havn't been able to talk to a human via phone since we went live.) I have to email and always get a reply that is most likely a link to a 'help page' that may or may not help. Consequently, I probably don't use all the functions the app offers.

Pros

We like our app. it is predominately used for worship notes, bible, giving, and sign-ups.

Cons

It's not very intuitive. (Please see my comments in overall experience.)

Response from Aware3

Hi Kyle - We appreciate your feedback about this! Please know that you can reach out to our team at support@aware3.com and we can schedule a call with you at any point. Hopefully we can connect soon for a brainstorming/retraining call, if you're up for it!

Mollie