• icon"Very easy to use, good reports, detailed instructions, support help excellent and the price is very affordable."
  • icon"Customer support is outstanding, and the videos that describe the product have been extremely helpful."
  • icon"Donarius is so easy to use and is great value for money."
  • icon"When you need to add a new donor and have a limited number of envelope numbers, you have to delete an inactive donor."
  • icon"The option to email statements seemed very difficult to use. I tried a few times and found it did not work well."
  • icon"I cannot say there is a downside at this time. This software is exactly what our church needed."

All Donarius Reviews

Debbie

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Great for Church or Ministries

Curt

Donarius Was a Game Changer For Us

Donarius helped us move beyond Excel spreadsheets, greatly simplifying our bookkeeping processes, giving us greater accuracy and helping us generate EOY reports effortlessly.

Pros

Donarius is super easy to setup and use. As with any new software, there is a learning curve, but it isn't long. My wife does our bookkeeping and she had no trouble at all getting used to the software and learning the ins and outs of it.

Cons

My least favorite aspect of Donarius initially was the very basic user interface. It isn't pretty. But the functionality overcomes that part. After all, it's what it does that matters, not just how it looks.

Rebecca

Simple and easy to use, great support

The ease of use every week with absolutely no frustration gives a peace of mind that is hugely valuable.

Pros

What I like most about Donarius is its simplicity and ease of use. Prior to finding Donarius, we had a church finances program that was very expensive, and tech support was outrageous. Tech support comes with the purchase of the Donarius software, no extra charge. I can enter each week's giving in just a few minutes, post to each individual's account, and produce a weekly report with ease. Also, generating year-end giving statements is as easy as the click of a button. If I need an interim report on an individual's giving or a summary of some kind, tech support is quickly available if I need help. I recommend Donarius highly.

Cons

In the years I have been using Donarius, there has been no negative.experience.

Reasons for switching to Donarius

Trusted business associate who also uses Donarius highly recommended the software for ease of use and affordability.

Duane

Donarius for Art Gallery of Northumberland

The Art Gallery of Northumberland purchased Donarius to provide better and prompter service to the Gallery's donors and members. The product is easy to install. It was straightforward to customize the product to use the Gallery's name and logo on printed materials. Reporting on the overall membership was at times problematic, in part because the person doing the reporting was not that familiar with the reporting capability. The one time we had a problem with the software - it seemed to be reverting to a previous logo on occasion - we got very quick and helpful support that had the problem corrected in minutes. The interface is outdated - it is not point-and-click graphics, but instead looks line an old-fashioned "line command" interface. All things considered, it provides good value for the money.

Pros

Donor tracking capability. Donation totals and reporting for tax reporting.

Cons

Interface is old-fashioned. Does not provide integration with other client-management software.

Debbie

July 2022

Great software for the money

Easy to use and customer service is quick to respond to any questions you may have!

Pros

I think this is very user friendly. Very easy to add donors and maintain their information

Cons

I wish you could have a way to enter your own reports, to be able to select the parameters that you want to use.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Hi Debbie, You can add your own reports by displaying a report, then clicking [Memorize] in the menu bar. It will remember all the settings you selected when you did the report, so you can later run it with the same settings. Louie

Replied July 2022

Sean

Donarius may be just right for you.

Donarius offers a wide-range of features but it does all come with a cost.

Pros

Donarius offers a wide-range of interface-ability. It works with more church management programs than I can list here. One of the best features it has is the ability to print a fabulous color directory. No need to pay an arm and a leg for a nice color photo directory.

Cons

Like most church management programs, it can be expensive, especially for smaller struggling church communities. Yet the need to manage your church remains, and the costs go up.

Reasons for choosing Donarius

The church I work for had been in the market for some time and chose to give Donarius a test drive.

Robin

Small church usage

The benefits of this program are great. I can create from the main page individual reports, groups, by amounts, specific time periods, it is a great program.

Pros

There are many things I like about this program. It is very easy to use, entering names and address, entering contributions. It is a really good program. Get any type of report of want. And the tax letter is customizable and easier to use than using QuickBooks.

Cons

The only thing I wish I could do is the ability to arrange donation page. It works fine the way it is but I would like to rearrange the layout.

Reasons for switching to Donarius

Donarius had a very good rating and less expensive. It is also a much simpler program to use. A bonus is it could be downloaded to the computer rather than only in the cloud.

Sandy

Review of Donarius

We use the Donarius system to keep track of our church tithes and offerings. It is simple to use and just what we needed for our small church. I have recommended this product to other organizations.

Pros

Ease of use and very affordable. It suits our needs very well.

Cons

A little more flexibility with reports, but normally fine for our small church use.

Reasons for choosing Donarius

Donarius was much easier to implement for what we wanted. We do the accounting and bookkeeping on Quickbooks for the church.

Blair

Works well for what it is

Overall, it's a good software for a smaller church and at a great price tag. I would recommend it for someone who doesn't mind an older user interface and who is willing to do a bit of digging when looking for certain information regarding donations.

Pros

The software is simple and effectively tracks donations. You can get various information regarding donations, tracking and giving intervals. It produces good year end receipts. It's easy to back up to ensure that you don't lose your data. It's a great price for a smaller church.

Cons

It's a bit clunky and the user interface is outdated. It's not always easy or straightforward to get the information you're looking for. It certainly does the job and is great for a small church, but larger churches would find it difficult, in my opinion.

Reasons for choosing Donarius

It was already being used by the church I pastor and the person who served as the treasurer did not want to change software.

Quincy

May 2022

Donarius review

Pros

Very easy to use, able to teach other how to use the product simply.

Cons

There are very little limit on the product

April 2022

Church Donation Management

There is really only one word for overall experience…exceptional! Customer support is outstanding. The few questions that I had when setting up the program were answered quickly and clearly, either by phone or email. I would recommend this software to any church.

Pros

Donarius is easy to use, very reliable and bug free. Although all different types of donations are handled easily, the PAD unit (pre-authorized debit) is exceptional!…saving many hours throughout the year, as monthly donations are entered automatically. Tax receipts can be customized for your organization, and can be issued annually (for most) or instantly for those making a single donation.

Cons

There is really nothing that I don’t like about the program.

Reasons for choosing Donarius

I quite liked the trial session and found that it handled everything that I was looking for, but certainly another reason was value for money. It is certainly one of the best priced donation software available for churches.

Reasons for switching to Donarius

I found the other program very cumbersome to use.

March 2022

Using Donarius on Linux

Week to week church business, and it does great.

Pros

Simple, secure, and user friendly software with excellent customer service.

Cons

Not a Donarius issue, but it would be great if they released a Linux variation. I have used it primarily under Linux (usually a Ubuntu derivative) and I have to fight with Wine to get it loaded every time I upgrade my wife's computer. Again, not the fault of Donarius......I just like Linux over Windows....and sometimes they don't play well. Good news is.....every time I upgrade computers and have to start fresh....once I get it installed on Linux......it works perfectly!

Reasons for choosing Donarius

Most products were much more expensive.....or were extremely limited.

No comparison

Jane

Industry: Fund-Raising

I LOVE OUR DONARIUS PROGRAM

As a small non-profit food pantry (we serve 37,000 clients a year and record about $200,000 to $250,00 in donations a year)and I couldn't be more pleased as a Donarius user. It fits our needs perfectly and actually has some features that we haven't even gotten around to using. Of the many programs I've used through the years - of any kind - I've never experienced better or more personal customer support. A program is only as good as the support you receive when the day comes that something goes wrong. I've had issues that were computer related, not at all a fault of the Donarius program, yet still received literally hours of support to try to work through the problems to get me back in operation. I would (and have) recommend this program to anyone that wants a simple, effective and easy to learn donations program. It has a great help section that literally takes you through every step of every function available - in language anyone can follow and understand. It is easy to get started using yet can be customized as you go to meet pretty much any situation you might encounter. Other programs have been developed since our Pantry first started using Donarius, but if I were to start over today, I would ,without a doubt, choose Donarius again. Great product at a great price - proving the old adage "you get what you pay for" totally wrong. Don't be fooled by the modest price - this is a great program backed up by great customer support. (Get it now before they wise up and jack up the price LOL.)

Pros

Simple and intuitive yet comprehensive in meeting our needs. Also great customer service response.

Cons

It may be me not exploring the possibilities thoroughly, but it seems like some of the template letters I've tried to write were restricted in their length so I wasn't always able to use them to personalize large mailings. (Instead, I just did a generic newsletter and generated labels.)

Time used: Free Trial

January 2012

Does a great job for the price

Nothing I looked at when I purchased this in early 2010 came close to Donarious for meeting my needs... and the price is great! I highly recommend getting the optional module for customizing receipts. It is helpful if you have a little backround in software code or HTML writing (or have access to such a person) to create the receipt templates, but it is fairly flexible and I was able to come up with something I like. Once that is done, you don't have to revisit that issue again unless you change your mind about how you want it to look. During that first year, I believe they'll give you one free customized receipt done for you. I tried the "relationships and families" option and didn't ultimately find it useful for our purposes. Your mileage may vary. Thus far, I haven't had any need for the other modules. I haven't used the email features yet, but I anticipate doing so in the future. Trying any or all of the optional modules is free and buying them is pretty cheap.

Pros

For years I kept track of contributions the same way as with the rest of our church finances... with Quicken. As our church grew that became less and less satisfactory and I looked for a separate program to track contributions. Mostly what I found were online services, which I wasn't interested in due to ongoing cost and requiring our money counters to have immediate and reliable access to a computer AND internet... which wasn't convenient in our situation. And the few standalone programs I found had not been updated for sometime. Then I found Donarious. The price is quite reasonable, email queries are answered promptly, and it is fairly easy to use. It is amazing that at this price they offer not only a 1 year warranty, but offer to customize the program for your needs during that period! It has saved me a lot of time, especially when generating receipts, which with my old system was labor intensive. Give it a try!

Cons

It has just a "name" field instead of separate fields for last name and first name. If all your donors have names like John Smith, then that is fine, but in our multi-cultural society, that causes complications. And it won't tolerate quotes in the names, so you can't get around it that way. The best solution I found, which is satisfactory, is to enter the names in LAST, FIRST format. At least in the version I have, the pre-made receipts and some reports have a spot for a "check #", which is fine if you use that, but I don't take the time to enter it. Unfortunately, those pre-made receipts and reports then show "check #?" in each entry, which is kind of crude. No one sees the reports but me and I use custom receipts so it hasn't been an issue for me.

Lourdes

Works well for simple use

Donarius works well once you get the hang of it. Could be improved in some ways; in our case, it serves its purpose in issuing official tax receipts and tallying the donations. Revising the report format can be a bit tricky - trial and error to get the look you want. Printing the reports in a particular way (landscape/portrait/ etc. )can be improved as the layout seems a bit 'cluttered'. I guess the features are there, it's just that we don't have the opportunity to explore and experiment - we're fine with just printing the receipts and a general report showing the amounts and dates. Louie (the owner/programmer) is okay for customer support - he responds pretty quickly and is helpful; one time though when I phoned he was in a relative's house so couldn't assist at that time. It is still a pet peeve of mine that whenever I key in a donation, it defaults to the first name in the database, so if I miss that portion, the donation will be credited to the wrong person. I prefer that the first entry is just 'blank'' so user is 'forced' to key in the correct donor code. Other improvements can be a report that shows more color, graphs, multiple 'types' of donations tallied in one page, etc. (which I do in Excel for presentation to Board and management). Overall, for the amount we paid one time, and compared with other software I researched with a monthly fee, for our purposes, Donarius is great!

Pros

Pretty straightforward if you know how to use it

Cons

First entry for donation defaults to the first person in the database - can lead to errors if you don't catch it. Bit tricky to change the format of receipt.

Ellen

Donarius Reporting

Over all it is a good program for tracking donations. I would like to see a checkbook account that could use input from Donarius.

Pros

We have been using Donarius software for over 10 years and we have been very pleased with the products ability for recording our member's donations. The program seems to be very accurate and very easy to use for some of our beginners. It is very user friendly and takes very little time to train new users how to input all information. The customer support has been great, and are very prompt to help you out of a jamb. They will stay with you until the problem is resolved and you feel comfortable in how they have helped you. We have recommended the program to several other churches and will continue to do that in the future.

Cons

There are a few things that we feel might make using the program a little better for the user to not miss simple things. One area is the type of currency that is being input. The current process is to identify if a check or cash and coin. We have found that if you miss putting in a type that the program defaults to coin. We would think that if you fail to put a type of donation there should be an alert on the screen to remind you to put something in this spot befo