• Pros

• "Budget friendly, and easy to use. We have just started to use the email feature and I love it!"

• "easy to get started excellent at receipting excellent customer service very affordable"

• "I like that it is very user-friendly and intuitive."

• Cons

• "Issuing previously used donor numbers to new donors is a little confusing but comes out okay in the end."

• "Sometimes when I highlight a members name, it jumps to another name because I moved the mouse too quick. Other than that no complaints."

• "The only thing I wish I could do is the ability to arrange donation page. It works fine the way it is but I would like to rearrange the layout."

Browse Donarius Reviews

Curt from Seven Seas Ministries Inc.

Donarius Was a Game Changer For Us

Donarius helped us move beyond Excel spreadsheets, greatly simplifying our bookkeeping processes, giving us greater accuracy and helping us generate EOY reports effortlessly.

Pros

Donarius is super easy to setup and use. As with any new software, there is a learning curve, but it isn't long. My wife does our bookkeeping and she had no trouble at all getting used to the software and learning the ins and outs of it.

Cons

My least favorite aspect of Donarius initially was the very basic user interface. It isn't pretty. But the functionality overcomes that part. After all, it's what it does that matters, not just how it looks.

Robin from Self Employed

Small church usage

The benefits of this program are great. I can create from the main page individual reports, groups, by amounts, specific time periods, it is a great program.

Pros

There are many things I like about this program. It is very easy to use, entering names and address, entering contributions. It is a really good program. Get any type of report of want. And the tax letter is customizable and easier to use than using QuickBooks.

Khalid from Islamic Society of Vaughan

Best value software for Canadian charities

Our organization has no employees, but a group of 3-5 volunteers handling administrative, accounting and software apps. Our other colleagues delayed exploring Donarius features, so we had to get going in a short period of time to handle over 500 donors and more than 1500 donation amounts and trust the processing of all information. Donarius provided the comfort and confidence for us. Thanks to the dedicated support by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , always so helpful. Bravo!

Pros

2019 was the first year that our organization had to issue tax receipts for the generous donors of our organization. We purchased the basic module along with the module for emails, but we primarily used it for tax receipts only. It required very minimal training and fortunately the customer support provided by Donarius was always readily available. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went out of the way to customize some of the reports required by us. At the most reasonable price, ease of use and customer support, our small charity could not ask for a better software than Donarius.

Cons

We would have liked a few additional detailed reports for capturing donor information sorted by donor, receipt number and by category, all in one report. We would have preferred a feature whereby the user could define the parameters and develop his/her own report.

Reasons for Choosing Donarius

The software was also recommended by a friend who has used it for more than 10 years.

Duane from Art Gallery of Northumberland

Donarius for Art Gallery of Northumberland

The Art Gallery of Northumberland purchased Donarius to provide better and prompter service to the Gallery's donors and members. The product is easy to install. It was straightforward to customize the product to use the Gallery's name and logo on printed materials. Reporting on the overall membership was at times problematic, in part because the person doing the reporting was not that familiar with the reporting capability. The one time we had a problem with the software - it seemed to be reverting to a previous logo on occasion - we got very quick and helpful support that had the problem corrected in minutes. The interface is outdated - it is not point-and-click graphics, but instead looks line an old-fashioned "line command" interface. All things considered, it provides good value for the money.

Pros

Donor tracking capability. Donation totals and reporting for tax reporting.

Cons

Interface is old-fashioned. Does not provide integration with other client-management software.

Sean from Faith Lutheran Church

Donarius may be just right for you.

Donarius offers a wide-range of features but it does all come with a cost.

Pros

Donarius offers a wide-range of interface-ability. It works with more church management programs than I can list here. One of the best features it has is the ability to print a fabulous color directory. No need to pay an arm and a leg for a nice color photo directory.

Cons

Like most church management programs, it can be expensive, especially for smaller struggling church communities. Yet the need to manage your church remains, and the costs go up.

Reasons for Choosing Donarius

The church I work for had been in the market for some time and chose to give Donarius a test drive.

Sandy from Community Bible Church

Review of Donarius

We use the Donarius system to keep track of our church tithes and offerings. It is simple to use and just what we needed for our small church. I have recommended this product to other organizations.

Pros

Ease of use and very affordable. It suits our needs very well.

Cons

A little more flexibility with reports, but normally fine for our small church use.

Reasons for Choosing Donarius

Donarius was much easier to implement for what we wanted. We do the accounting and bookkeeping on Quickbooks for the church.

Valerie from St John the Divine Anglican Church

Recommendation for reliable easy to use accounting system

I am not a professional accountant but I have happily used this programme for 7 years. I ENJOY working with this east-to-use data entry programme. It doesn't require too much weekly time and I can prepare reports and answer questions quickly. Support is readily available from Donarius.

Pros

Easy to understand and simple to use. Reliable. Excellent support from helpful staff. Great upgrades. Ideal for keeping parishioners' records. Programme well planned and thought out. Can find information easily and quickly. Excellent reports ready in seconds. Easily prepared tax receipts and labels. Takes little time to use weekly. Excellent programme at very reasonable cost to purchase and operate. Thank you.

Cons

I can't think of anything. We have been using Donarius since 2003. We have declined more complex systems of accounting. All information is available within the programme. It would be useful to have a download printable booklet on "How to Use" or "What Donarius can do", especially for explaining or training others. I had to write out notes which were not effective. Perhaps this is available but I haven't found it.

Mark from Ebenezer Reformed Church

Donarius is a Plus!

The ease of use for Donarius is amazing. Not only for data entry but when performing routine tasks like printing reports you don't have to dig into multiple layers of drop downs to find the task. Everything is on one screen with single drop down menus for the different tasks. Donarius if very user friendly.

Pros

The low cost of the Donarius software and the ability to choose only the modules that were required for our church. The main purpose of this software was to record the individual givings of our church members. Once member data was entered entering the data for the weekly givings is done in 15 minutes, less than half the time of the previous software. And, when I had questions about the use of the software for customer support, I received quick responses to my inquiries.

Cons

I have not found any aspect of this software to not perform in the expected manner.

Reasons for Choosing Donarius

The price was the main selection factor, plus, Donarius offered a free trial of the software.

Blair from Christian Life Fellowship

Works well for what it is

Overall, it's a good software for a smaller church and at a great price tag. I would recommend it for someone who doesn't mind an older user interface and who is willing to do a bit of digging when looking for certain information regarding donations.

Pros

The software is simple and effectively tracks donations. You can get various information regarding donations, tracking and giving intervals. It produces good year end receipts. It's easy to back up to ensure that you don't lose your data. It's a great price for a smaller church.

Cons

It's a bit clunky and the user interface is outdated. It's not always easy or straightforward to get the information you're looking for. It certainly does the job and is great for a small church, but larger churches would find it difficult, in my opinion.

Reasons for Choosing Donarius

It was already being used by the church I pastor and the person who served as the treasurer did not want to change software.

Calvin from Valley Christian Assembly

Software for documenting contributions to a church

The main problem this software takes care of is the time-saving of data input, updating records, producing reports and preparation of receipts for charitable donations.

Pros

What I like about this software is it's simplicity of use. It does not require a significant knowledge of financial accounting. Input of data and amending contributor's files is a simple process.

Cons

I have not experienced any difficulty with this software, so I am unable to comment on what I like least about this software.

Jane from Murphysboro Food Pantry, Inc.

Industry: Fund-Raising

I LOVE OUR DONARIUS PROGRAM

As a small non-profit food pantry (we serve 37,000 clients a year and record about $200,000 to $250,00 in donations a year)and I couldn't be more pleased as a Donarius user. It fits our needs perfectly and actually has some features that we haven't even gotten around to using. Of the many programs I've used through the years - of any kind - I've never experienced better or more personal customer support. A program is only as good as the support you receive when the day comes that something goes wrong. I've had issues that were computer related, not at all a fault of the Donarius program, yet still received literally hours of support to try to work through the problems to get me back in operation. I would (and have) recommend this program to anyone that wants a simple, effective and easy to learn donations program. It has a great help section that literally takes you through every step of every function available - in language anyone can follow and understand. It is easy to get started using yet can be customized as you go to meet pretty much any situation you might encounter. Other programs have been developed since our Pantry first started using Donarius, but if I were to start over today, I would ,without a doubt, choose Donarius again. Great product at a great price - proving the old adage "you get what you pay for" totally wrong. Don't be fooled by the modest price - this is a great program backed up by great customer support. (Get it now before they wise up and jack up the price LOL.)

Pros

Simple and intuitive yet comprehensive in meeting our needs. Also great customer service response.

Cons

It may be me not exploring the possibilities thoroughly, but it seems like some of the template letters I've tried to write were restricted in their length so I wasn't always able to use them to personalize large mailings. (Instead, I just did a generic newsletter and generated labels.)

December 2011

David from University Bible Church

December 2011

Does a great job for the price

Nothing I looked at when I purchased this in early 2010 came close to Donarious for meeting my needs... and the price is great! I highly recommend getting the optional module for customizing receipts. It is helpful if you have a little backround in software code or HTML writing (or have access to such a person) to create the receipt templates, but it is fairly flexible and I was able to come up with something I like. Once that is done, you don't have to revisit that issue again unless you change your mind about how you want it to look. During that first year, I believe they'll give you one free customized receipt done for you. I tried the "relationships and families" option and didn't ultimately find it useful for our purposes. Your mileage may vary. Thus far, I haven't had any need for the other modules. I haven't used the email features yet, but I anticipate doing so in the future. Trying any or all of the optional modules is free and buying them is pretty cheap.

Pros

For years I kept track of contributions the same way as with the rest of our church finances... with Quicken. As our church grew that became less and less satisfactory and I looked for a separate program to track contributions. Mostly what I found were online services, which I wasn't interested in due to ongoing cost and requiring our money counters to have immediate and reliable access to a computer AND internet... which wasn't convenient in our situation. And the few standalone programs I found had not been updated for sometime. Then I found Donarious. The price is quite reasonable, email queries are answered promptly, and it is fairly easy to use. It is amazing that at this price they offer not only a 1 year warranty, but offer to customize the program for your needs during that period! It has saved me a lot of time, especially when generating receipts, which with my old system was labor intensive. Give it a try!

Cons

It has just a "name" field instead of separate fields for last name and first name. If all your donors have names like John Smith, then that is fine, but in our multi-cultural society, that causes complications. And it won't tolerate quotes in the names, so you can't get around it that way. The best solution I found, which is satisfactory, is to enter the names in LAST, FIRST format. At least in the version I have, the pre-made receipts and some reports have a spot for a "check #", which is fine if you use that, but I don't take the time to enter it. Unfortunately, those pre-made receipts and reports then show "check #?" in each entry, which is kind of crude. No one sees the reports but me and I use custom receipts so it hasn't been an issue for me.

Lourdes from Fair Haven United Church Homes

Works well for simple use

Donarius works well once you get the hang of it. Could be improved in some ways; in our case, it serves its purpose in issuing official tax receipts and tallying the donations. Revising the report format can be a bit tricky - trial and error to get the look you want. Printing the reports in a particular way (landscape/portrait/ etc. )can be improved as the layout seems a bit 'cluttered'. I guess the features are there, it's just that we don't have the opportunity to explore and experiment - we're fine with just printing the receipts and a general report showing the amounts and dates. Louie (the owner/programmer) is okay for customer support - he responds pretty quickly and is helpful; one time though when I phoned he was in a relative's house so couldn't assist at that time. It is still a pet peeve of mine that whenever I key in a donation, it defaults to the first name in the database, so if I miss that portion, the donation will be credited to the wrong person. I prefer that the first entry is just 'blank'' so user is 'forced' to key in the correct donor code. Other improvements can be a report that shows more color, graphs, multiple 'types' of donations tallied in one page, etc. (which I do in Excel for presentation to Board and management). Overall, for the amount we paid one time, and compared with other software I researched with a monthly fee, for our purposes, Donarius is great!

Pros

Pretty straightforward if you know how to use it

Cons

First entry for donation defaults to the first person in the database - can lead to errors if you don't catch it. Bit tricky to change the format of receipt.

Ellen from Trinity Presbyterian Church

Donarius Reporting

Over all it is a good program for tracking donations. I would like to see a checkbook account that could use input from Donarius.

Pros

We have been using Donarius software for over 10 years and we have been very pleased with the products ability for recording our member's donations. The program seems to be very accurate and very easy to use for some of our beginners. It is very user friendly and takes very little time to train new users how to input all information. The customer support has been great, and are very prompt to help you out of a jamb. They will stay with you until the problem is resolved and you feel comfortable in how they have helped you. We have recommended the program to several other churches and will continue to do that in the future.

Cons

There are a few things that we feel might make using the program a little better for the user to not miss simple things. One area is the type of currency that is being input. The current process is to identify if a check or cash and coin. We have found that if you miss putting in a type that the program defaults to coin. We would think that if you fail to put a type of donation there should be an alert on the screen to remind you to put something in this spot before continuing. Also on the tax reporting for members it seems a little cumbersome at times to get just one individual report and also if you need to retrieve a prior years report or to adjust amissed contribution it really won't let you.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Replied May 2019

Explained to customer how to resolve the issues in the 'Cons' section.

Ian from St. Saviour's Pro Cathedral

Donarius for Me

Getting started with Donarius was a bit challenging at first, mainly because I was not, at the time, computer literate. The program was very easy to learn with my limited skills and the support, when needed, was excellent and easy to follow. After having used a manual program for tracking donations, Donarius was a dream. Entering information for each donor and the categories available made for great ease. Providing weekly reports to the treasurer in printed form and in the many choices of format available was done with ease. I am particularly happy with being able to send a Tax Receipt by e-mail. It is a perfect method and a great money saving feature of the program. The workload for myself will increase shortly with the addition of two more Churches in the Parish to look after. Not only that, but our Church is partnered with a coalition called Nelson Friends of Refugees and we will issue tax receipts for donations made to the coalition, which, incidentally, is not registered as a charity and therefore unable to issue the Tax Receipts. I anticipate the increased workload to be handled with ease, thanks to the wonderful Donarius software. Any possible problems which might occur I am most confident in Louie helping me solve them. In conclusion, the program is well designed and entering information wherever required was very simple. The Help portion for all operations which might be required I found invaluable. I figured if a person could read he could do the program.

Pros

It is clear to read on the screen. Entering and tracking Pledges is simple and the quarterly reports etc. reflect amounts donated and are easy to follow for the donor.

Cons

The comment on the quarterly report that says "To fulfill your pledge, please give......"

Brian from Vineland United Mennonite Church

Donarius

- the software is fairly user-friendly - this program allows for data entry of donations without impacting the actual accounting software (requires double entry, however, we record the donations as a summary; if we need the details we simply look it up in Donarius) - receipt printing at calendar year end is so quick and easy - the authorized signature can be imported and printed on each receipt

Pros

- easy to add several categories for donations for one donor - if donations for a certain date are accidentally recorded on the wrong date (for instance, donations are recorded on a Monday instead of Sunday), the software allows for correcting the date on all donations recorded on that date - reports can be based on fiscal year or calendar year - the ability to specify how the donation was made (cash, cheque, credit card) and if cash, the breakdown of bills and coins. A report can be printed as a deposit slip - the ability to show donations for any period, including combined fiscal or calendar years - option to email receipts as PDF - ability to export reports to Excel to further customize reports or to add notes - ability to restore and entire backup or just additional data

Cons

- restoring a backup is easy, however, the backup needs to saved to a device and cannot be sent by email - you can report on donations using a line graph, but the predetermined increments are too large for our purposes (it would be nice to be able to customize this report)

David from First Baptist Church, Smiths Falls, Ont.

Donarius Review

As described earlier, I am the envelope steward for the church, so am using this program to track and receipt donations. I am just coming up to 1 year of usage and as yet, have not encountered any problems or concerns. It was quite easy to learn, and if there were any questions, they were easily answered by support

Pros

I am the envelope steward for the church so was looking for something that was user friendly and would meet my needs for entering and retrieving financial data. Donarius met these criteria and I have no second thoughts or doubts regarding my decision. The data entry is very easy and if there are any questions or concerns, they are handled in a very timely and efficient manner by support.

Cons

Although I only use the program in a limited fashion, I really haven't run across anything that I don't like about it.

Reasons for Choosing Donarius

A lot of the other programs were much too complex for my needs. Donarius has the same capabilities as these other programs, but is broken down to individual modules, so I can customize it to my needs. By doing this, I am not paying for capabilities that I don't need and won't use. That being said, if we decide to use these extra modules, they can be added on at any time. This obviously impacts the price point, and that was a factor as well. The cost/benefit ratio was very good as the cost was very reasonable. Another factor was the support I received during changeover and over the past year. As stated previously, the support has been very good.

Nathan from Trinity United Reformed Church

Simple Donation Tracking Software

When I first began using Donarius, I was a bit disappointed with what it could do. I knew that there had to be some options to speed up our check depositing process. However, those options were much more expensive! By finding tips to make our workflow more efficient, we end up having very little downtime when making our check deposits.

Pros

The software is fairly minimal, which makes it easy to find the things you need. I am able to add checks quickly because there are such few clicks. Very rarely do I need to use my mouse to click on anything unless I make a mistake. The pricing for the software is also unbeatable. I have looked at a variety of other software that have additional features, but the pricing structures are usually a subscription fee. Paying a low one-time fee makes this a valuable program for many non-profits!

Cons

Limited features do mean that you can't do all that you want. Ideally, I would love to be able to scan a large batch of checks and have them matched to the donor with the amount entered in as well. This would greatly speed up the process to a matter of minutes and would be an additional feature I would pay for. I have developed a workflow of using keyboard shortcuts to get to the appropriate donation box. I wish that I could designate which type of donation I am entering so I don't have to worry about putting it in the correct category. When we enter donations, they are all grouped together, but in Donarius, I still have to go to the field and enter the amount in.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Replied May 2019

Explained to customer how to do some of what he requested in the 'Cons' section.

Douglas from Ark Aid Street Mission, Inc.

Excellent product - especially for the price!

I have used Donarius for 7 years. It is simple but does all a small charity like ours needs. Reports, letters, receipts, etc. require formatting codes, like the old days with word processors. But examples are provided and with a little effort, I have been able to get what I need. The basics of donor and donation entry are straightforward. It makes receipting very easy - it does a great job of keeping all that straight. Able to use Canadian postal codes and Canadian receipting requirements. Customer service is unbeatable - usually, there is a personal response to an email within the hour. The price means that every charity no matter how small can have a dedicated donor database with receipting capabilities. No more spreadsheets. Like any relational database, it has its complexities if you want to use its full abilities. But it is easy to get started and really, for the price, you have nothing to lose by trying it. Highly recommended.

Pros

Cons

formatting codes - I have been able to get what I need but probably would customize more if I didn't have to wrestle with these. However, I do understand that for the price, we probably shouldn't expect WYSIWYG inactive donors - standard definition doesn't work for us

Clayton from Calvary Bible Church

Best bang for the buck!

Our non-profit Church group has been using Donarius, now, for a number of years. After having looked at and tried a few other commercial programs; Intuit products, for instance, I found Donarius via a Google search, and tried the Trial Version. After using that, and becoming familiar with its various modules and capabilities, we settled on those modules that best suited our group and purpose, and have never regretted it. The ability to create Tax Receipt Documents (with the included utility) that are specific to our money handling procedures, has been very helpful. Of exceptional value to us, has also been their stellar Customer Service Staff! Every question I've had about the program and it's operation, or upgrading, or integrating with a new OS, or even recovering files after a system crash, has been answered promptly and fully, always enabling me to move ahead regardless of the specific circumstance being asked about. I would very highly recommend Donarius, to any group looking for a record keeping/tracking program with ample reporting capabilities, and one that is very reasonably priced to boot. Their updating and upgrading procedures and pricing are also very commendable given the over-all quality of the program.

Pros

Compact with a low learning curve, but still extremely effective.

Cons

Can't really think of a "negative".

Rebecca from Christ the King Church

Small church, great program

Our church was using another program and even its "small church" version required extensive customer support, which was expensive ($250 for six months). A friend told me about Donarius and I am so glad we switched because the program is very easy to use and if I get stuck on something I've never done, I just call support and Louie is very available. Even if I should need a callback, it usually comes very quickly. Louie is very patient with my questions, and not having an accounting background, I have many questions. I like the backup feature. I have the reassurance of knowing that my data is backed up on my standalone hard drive. And if my weekly giving figures in Donarius don't match my bank deposit, it's really easy to run a total showing givers and amounts so I can spot the discrepancy right away. And the cost for the program is a fraction of what we were paying for the old program.

Pros

Ease of use. Very user friendly. Most operations are simple logic with no unnecessary steps. Good customer support. We are a small church and I don't have an accounting background, so I need something simple. Once I learned the program, I have very few questions about its operation for our use.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like.

Steven from Oak Meadow United Methodist Church

Great package for my small church.

I am the Financial Secretary for our church. I have used Donarius since 2008 to track donor contributions and print tax statements. We have around 50 "Giving Units" per year that we track. For a small church like ours Donarius is perfect. It is extremely easy to use but does possess those "bells and whistles" features. Data entry for a given Sunday takes less than five minutes with the source items (checks, etc.) in alphabetic order. The "Reports" function creates the daily or monthly summary reports for documentation/balancing/end of month spreadsheets. I use the Backup function every week after the data entry and have actually had to use it to recover after a hard drive failure. It was very easy. I have occasionally had to ask a usage question and always get a timely response from their support staff. Our previous software company folded and I looked at a number of different products for a replacement. As a computer programmer myself I really liked the combination of functionality, ease of use and price that Donarius delivers. I highly recommend this product.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality and price.

Cons

The attributes box for the donor information is a little crowded.

Denise from CFOS Parishes

Great Program! Check it out!

In just a couple of weeks after installing, I was feeling very comfortable with this software. It allowed me to import member lists to get started, and the customer service has been excellent. No extensive training needed!

Pros

I serve four rural churches out of one office. Donarius software allows me to set up a different file for each one that organizes members' basic information, individual record of contributions, and specific characteristics. The program gives me the option to set up electronic funds transfers, customize donation categories easily, process mailing labels, run weekly contribution reports that align with deposits, set up and run annual tax receipts, and more. Plus, you have the option to choose the modules that fit your particular needs. It does everything I need it to do to manage parish contributions, but in a simple format and at a very affordable price.

Cons

Configuring specialized reports can be a little tricky, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been extremely helpful in helping me meet the needs of our parishes.

Ernie from Mountain View Alliance Church

Great software for our church

The software is easy to use and the user interface is quite intuitive most of the time. There are a few items that seem hard to find, like specific reports. From the support experience in the past, I am sure there are ways to get the info, but I am not inclined to ask for help. We have been very happy with this program and would highly recommend it. When I did ask for support, the answer came quickly, and was very personal. Good job.

Pros

It is very simple to use. It takes very little disk space, is easy to back up, and the data is encrypted. It recognizes which week it is, and makes weekly entry easy.

Cons

Sometimes, it is a little difficult to change an individual entry from the past. It is not intuitive how to go directly to one giver, and I have to go through the whole list to get the right person. With the code for the person, it is easier, but I sometimes have trouble with that.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Replied December 2016

Customer has been contacted with details about how to do a report for one donor.

David from Eglise Nouvelle Esperance

Very good Customer Support

This software does a lot of things and will eliminate many tasks that churches do twice (sometimes without even being aware). There's a little bit of a learning curve, but you will be impressed by everthing the software does for you. Be sure to use this to count your offering, and then it will do so much more. The customer support is great. I would recommend this software. The only downsides : no way to keep track of attendance. Also, this software would work better if it were web-based especially when used by multiple users in different locations. To deal with this problem, the software can be used through Dropbox (or other such applications), but we have found this type of solution will sometimes (but rarely) result in synchronisation issues (creating files in conflit).

Pros

It does a lot. Will increase your productivity. Great customer support. Very cheap.

Cons

No way to keep track of attendance. Not web-based (using it through dropbox will sometimes but rarely result in sychronisation issues when used by multiple users).

Jennifer from Streetsville Baptist Church

Functional and Easy to Use

I mainly use Donarius to input weekly tithes and gifts from church members, generate monthly reports for the church board, and annual tax receipts. As a church, we have recently switched to using QuickBooks, and I wish that Donarius would integrate/have a plugin for QuickBooks!

Pros

I find Donarius very easy to use, with simple and straight-forward features that are user friendly. It is easy to input financial data and weekly donations from church members, generate monthly financial updates reports, and also a simple process to create and print annual income tax receipts for each donor.

Cons

While Donarius is a very functional and user friendly software, it would be nice if it had a refreshed/more contemporary interface. The software does appear a little dated. I would also appreciate if there were some 'how to' tutorial videos embedded to explain some of the features of the software that I don't use often. I would also like Donarius to include separate filing options for 'gifts in kind'.

Tina from The Father's House - Sturgeon County

Donarius in Canada

We actually tried other methods of tracking our donations but we found Donarius to be the one that meets our needs, as a multi-sited church, and meets the needs of our federal reporting responsibility (Canadian). The help is AMAZING and I have been pleased with the immediate results we get from Donarius support. We came back to Donarius because it is easy to use. One thing I wish I could do is mark inactive donors as inactive. It would help out in the case where people have moved or deceased. I would recommend Donarius to any organization needing to keep track of donations.

Pros

I love that it is easy to use, it meets the needs of all my 3 sites in one file and that I can confidently print giving receipts which meet the requirements set out by the government.

Cons

I would like to be able to mark a donor as inactive, that would help. I would also like to be able to mark a specific donor as giving to a specific site, and then be able to over ride the site if necessary to another location.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Replied December 2016

Customer has been notified of how to do what is listed in the "Cons" section.

WAYNE from Lighthouse Fellowship Baptist Church

Using Donarius Church Management Donations Program

We ran into some issues back in February regarding re-printing of 2018 Donor Tax Receipts. We contacted [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]who responded in a timely manner & able to help us re-print the required documentation.

Pros

The software is relatively easy & straightforward to use. I am able to complete weekly donations input in approximately 30 minute time frame. with the lastest revision, for multiple donations from one donor, able to press F8 and the next donation for the same donor will appear.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints / concerns about the software program. Two improvements that would be nice to have: 1. When you move to the next donor, whatever donation field was previously used, the donation goes automatically into that category which is not always the case. You need to be very careful that the donation amount & category for each donor is correct. 2. Be able to select additional fields / donation categories and in the order that would make more sense. not easily changeable.

Rose from Union Chapel By The Sea

Donarius - Very User Friendly!

I have used Donarius at this church over 10 years, and previously, at another church, another 5+ years. I have not had to have service often, but when I have, the owner is the one with whom I have spoken to. Imagine that!! I actually get a real live person to talk to, AND he created the program, AND knows HOW to use it, so he has been WONDERFUL to deal with! I'd purchase this product alone just for the great service provided! You can't ask more than that!!! Thanks so much for a great product, but better yet, YOUR SERVICE!!!

Pros

Donarius is easy to use. Recording donations is easy, fast, and accurate. I was able to custom design the account titles to what categories I use in my financial software. I can generate reports for all my needs. The year end statement is professional and customizable. Great product!!

Cons

I would like to see an option for 2 or 3 addresses for the same client. We have many seasonal summer folks, as well as snowbirds, so having ability to put in multiple addresses would be a huge benefit.

Don from Bluelick Bible Church

The best church software for the price

We were looking for a new software to replace an old, outdated, no longer supported program. After looking at several, we found most of them overpriced, and all seemed too cumbersome and difficult for our senior citizen, not too computer savvy, money counters. Then we found Donarius. We at first felt that at such a low price, there was no way it would fit our needs. Much to our surprise, it was by far the easiest to use of any that we tried, and its simplicity suited us perfectly. We don't need comprehensive functions, just keeping track of the donations and tax statements, and it is perfect for our needs. When we experienced a problem about a function we needed that was not there, the company actually made a revision, just for us. Another question resulted in a simple procedural change on our part to solve it after the company pointed out a function that we didn't know existed. I truly believe that this is the best software for the price to be found anywhere. We are finishing up our second year of using it, and we are 100% satisfied.

Pros

Ease of learning and use.

Cons

Just that it requires F8 "multiple donation" separate entries for multiple checks or a combination of cash and checks. Our old software had boxes for filling several checks and cash all on the same screen, and that was much easier.

Scott from Laurel Lea St. Matthew's Presbyterian Church

Donarius works well

I have little to no education in doing books but when I took this position everything was handwritten but now with the computer age I needed to find a simple program that was easy enough for me to use. The interface is very easy and there are never any problems entering the information into the program to create your congregation and their offering envelope information. Every week when I go to enter the information the program tabulates everything for me so it is extremely easy for me to create instant reports and to double check the figures that the official counters have done. It is usually very easy for me to find any discrepancies. It is also easy to change any kind of information that is in the system. I can create weekly reports that help me balance, quarterly reports so I can let the treasurer know where we stand and then print receipts quarterly for the congregation as well as their year end receipts...and they are all customizable!

Pros

The ease of the interface

Cons

That I can not back tab between the congregants names...I can forward tab but not backwards.

Cliff from Lutheran Church of Our Saviour

Great Church Software System

Overall this system has worked well for tracking donations to our church and worked well for generating statements and tax receipts. As well, reporting worked well and gave desired output with little setup.

Pros

Setup of accounts and donors was straight-forward. Data entry is very easy. Reporting is quite robust. Statements and tax receipts are easy to generate and present very well.

Cons

The option to email statements seemed very difficult to use. I tried a few times and found it did not work well. After a couple of attempts I did not pursue any further.

Reasons for Choosing Donarius

Donarius appearedto have the most robust functionality and appeared easy to use. It also had many positive reviews at the time.

Terry from Arthur Pentecostal

Donarius review

The program has been beneficial and allows us to print accurate receipts for donors. Overall, it is easy to enter the donations and use the software. Good value for the cost.

Pros

The software is offered at a reasonable price and is split into different modules which allows you to purchase only what is required. It is easy to input the data and pull up reports.

Cons

The platform can be restrictive in that it isn't always simple to modify how reports appear and on some donor list reports several of the fields print out over each other. I have not been able to find a way to make donors inactive so that they don't appear when scrolling through the names when inputting weekly donations. It would be helpful to have a non tax receipt available to provide to other charities that provide funds.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Replied May 2019

Explained to the customer there is an update to fix the overlapping. Also explained how to do the items mentioned in the 'Cons' section.

Randallyn from They Word Ministries Faith Center

Best Book Keeping Software

When I was introduced to the software I thought it would have been difficult to use. As I clicked on things and started to input our congregations information, the ease of use came natural. I am the book keeper for 3 different churches and I needed to purchase 3 different software. One per church. It was easy to keep track of our growing churches and adding each person's information was simple. Print outs of specific giving areas are easy to pin point and print reports to. Tax forms were printed with a couple clicks. We are very happy with the purchase of this software.

Pros

The ease of use. Keeps all of our church booking keeping in one area. The input of all my financial records is easy. When I need reports, it is simple to print and organize. End of year/tax reports are just as simple to print out for all sizes of congregations.

Deanna from TouchPoint

Great donor program!

Overall I really like Donarius. It makes my job efficient and easy, and has great functionality for a great price.

Pros

Donarius is very easy to use and does everything we need it to do plus more. We are able to add and customize all the categories we need. We can designate which service donations are received, or if they are received online. Reports are fully customizable. Assigning envelopes is easy, as is printing end of year tax receipts. Entering donations is quick. Just an overall great value and great program.

Cons

I really have no complaints. There hasn't been anything I've needed to do that I haven't been able to do. The only improvement I can think of would be the ability to export to QuickBooks, but it only takes me a few seconds to do manually so it's really not an issue for us.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Replied May 2019

Explained to customer that there is a newer version which exports to QuickBooks.

Megan from Pikeville United Methodist Church

Easy to Use Software

I have been working for the church for 6 years and have used this from day one. I have used other software and this is by far the easiest to catch on to. I love the fact that I can use it and explain it to others to use in my absence. It is an easy to use software with no frills. For the church I work for it meets our needs and is compatible to our other programs, and fits in our budget.

Pros

Cons

The texting aspect. None of our local carriers were listed so it was hard to get the initial set-up going.

Ron from Thornhill Baptist Church

CHURCH FINANCIAL REPORTING

The tellers use Donarius to enter all monies on the collection plants including Not Receipted items like rental income and loose offerings, Using a DropBox the envelope secretary and me (Treasurer) see the details and can easily correct any errors. This saves time and provides some protection for the envelope secretary as I keep a copy of what the tellers entered in case of a dispute with the donor. We have instant communication on Sunday. The tellers use a simple excel spread sheet for the bank deposit and that saves time. Prior to using Donarius the tellers used a hand written form and had trouble balancing as office skills like adding long columns of numbers even with a calculator are skills that are seldom used. The tellers now can handle about 60 envelopes in less than one hour about half the time they used to take. I run a year to date summary to balance by category with the financial statements I issue and report to CRA.

Pros

Easy to use and excellent support

Cons

No problems to report

Lynda from Burns Lake Vineyard Christian Fellowship

I Like Donarius

Donarius does the job of recording our donations, with the option of making more than one account to donate to; it is easy to use, and the help files are easy to understand; it doesn't have a lot of fancy extra features that just get in the way and confuse me; it was easy for me to figure out printing tax receipts, without needing help. Tech support / customer support is phenomenal!! This is the best tech support I have ever received for any software. I am not using the program to its fullest potential yet, but looking forward to expanding my knowledge of it, and putting it to greater use.

Pros

I like the customer support. And I like that it is a basic program that does its job without having a bunch of extra features that get in the way.

Cons

I don't like having to back up files one at a time .... I would like to put my backup drive into my backup computer and have it backup all the files at once.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Replied February 2017

Customer has been told how to do a backup in one step.

Chad from Trinity Point Church

Fantastic Product

Its simplicity has made it very useful to cross train our financial team.

Pros

The ease of use inside the program made it best for our small church to get donations put into the system.

Cons

The graphics and formatting, i think need a refresher. Possibly a way to print labels that were more editable from the label output.

Karin from Transfiguration-St. Stanislaus Kostka RC Church

Very Satisified!

Donarius has suited our envelope posting needs from the moment we used it. It's not complicated and provides data management we need. The best part about Donarius is the quality support we receive when we have a question or request customization.

Pros

~it's not complicated; easy to use from the moment of installation ~customer support is exemplary and quick ~price ~ability to add modules as needed

Cons

unable to integrate/upload our Electronic Giving Program remittances

Scott from Boaz Ministries

Why we use and endorse Donarius Software

Recently we had a challenge with logging into Donarius, and the staff helped us greatly to ensure quick resolution, very professional and great to work with.

Pros

We love the customer service, the ease of which it is to use the product, as it takes very little training to learn how to use it and it’s very effective and very accurate in creating reports and tracking donors

Cons

I really have no complaints, I would recommend for all organizations

Connie from Servants of Christ Int'l

Great software for this unique purpose

Customer service is outstanding. It is not easy to learn as it does not resemble the usual software we use, so it took a little time to adapt to it. Once we learned our way around, the various function keys, the tabs - it is great.

Pros

It does exactly what it says it will do, for a very reasonable price.

Cons

I wish we could figure out how to change the programming for thank you letters so it would show what program (ministry) the donation was applied to.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Replied November 2016

The customer was shown how to update thank you letters to add the program donated to.

John from Maryfield Associated Gospel Church Inc.

Industry: Farming

Why Donarius works for me!

The people - always courteous and helpful (I can almost see their smile). My comments are for the offering and receipting modules only! (in no particular order) 1) It complies very well with Revenue Canada's current requirements. 2) The advice popups are helpful to do it right the first time. 3) Unreceiptable giving can be recorded as well, so the total given matches the cheque total. 4) The deposit information format makes it easy to copy onto the bank deposit slip. 5) The arithmetic is always done correctly. 6) The directory option is great too. 7) A variety of analysis of giving is helpful in planning. 8) Any problems I have with Donarius is not the software's fault - it's ME!. 9) A simple procedure for replacing lost receipts. 10) Receipt summary handy for reference and for filling out T3010. Works well for me (us)

Pros

An accurate way to record finances! Only pay for modules used.

Wendy from Hinton Alliance

Donarius Review

My overall experience with Donarius has been great.

Pros

I like the ease of doing all the aspects of the program. If I have encountered a problem, the company responds immediately to solve the issue. This is invaluable when you are needing to move ahead with what you are doing.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is the inability to be able to enter separate donations for the same day. An example would be: on the same date, we enter donations that we received in the morning. We are not able to enter donations separately for the evening. We have to edit the previous morning's donations. This is not what we want to do.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Replied May 2019

How to do what they mentioned in the 'Cons' section, was explained to them.

Richard from Cryy Out Christian Fellowship

Affordable & East

Pros

It is easy for volunteers to use. Great for tracking donations

Cons

Would like to be able to customize the statements more with different fonts and with our logo.

Price

Response from Nuverb Systems

Replied May 2019

Explained how to add a logo and customize fonts.

Claudette from Shiloh Church of God 7th Day

Excellent Software for Doners Contributions

I find that it is one stop software that I would recommend to any church who is looking for a program or application to keep track of their Donations.

Pros

Donairius is user-friendly and makes it easy to keep track of donations in a way that makes it easy to do end of year reports and tax receipts. I have been using it now for many years and find that it keeps improving and keeps current with the CRA requirements. The onus is on me to input the information correctly.

Cons

Past Doners gets deleted out of the system instead of staying hidden. If CRA should require any information it will not be in the system.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Replied May 2019

Explained to the customer how they can make inactive donors hidden rather than deleting them.

Shirley from First United Methodist Church

Small church. We count money at church.......I enter all monies as individual checks or cash.........then I print a weekly report for my records. At year's end, I prepare tax receipts for members.

Pros

I was looking for something that was "user-friendly" since our church has only about 120 members. I found Donarius quite by accident and gave it a try. I was pleasantly surprised in the ease of use. Other software was "over kill" for what I needed. Dave has ALWAYS been a big help and has come to my aid more than once. Thank you Dave!

Cons

It worked perfectly for me and the few reports I needed. Weekly donations printout, then at the end of year...........tax receipts. No complaints.

Jeff from DeVine Ministries

Awesome tool for our ministry

Our ministry has used Donarius for years, it helps make our accounting and handling partner giving so easy. It's really easy to use and it's a real blessing.

Pros

Easy to use, even though I am not very tech minded.

Cons

Sometimes it's a difficult to enter foreign addresses. Some fields are not used in foreign addresses, but the fields require something to be input.

God Send!

We were looking for something that was easy to use and cost effective. Another ministry head suggested that we try Donarius, because they were using it and highly recommended it. We fell in love with it right away. The customer service was attentive and knowledgeable. We were able to remove the barrier of time consuming, because this program was so easy to navigate, made things flow so much quicker, we were able to keep very accurate records and provide our donors with professional and detail documentation of their giving.

Pros

The ease of use and how even if you are a small ministry you can still function with excellence and look very professional.

Cons

We have been using this software for approximately 4 years and we do not have any cons at this time.

Randy from Clifton Baptist Church

Great donation tracking software!

We have been using Donarius for about five years now, and have not had any issues with it at all. It is fast and easy to input the donations, and the setup is fantastically easy. We need to do some housekeeping on our installation (cleaning out old categories and deleting obsolete donors and such), but other than that, it just plugs right along, week to week, running without a hitch. The backup function is effortless, and the export function works much better than some of the high-end accounting programs do. As always, there is room for improvement, such as more and varied types of reports, but that is a given with any accounting package. Overall, we have been exceptionally pleased with Donarius and hope to continue to use it for years to come.

Pros

Ease of use and speed

Cons

Reporting functions need some additions