• Pros

• "I liked that it was relatively easy to use. It had some great tools including some useful reports. "

• "It is user friendly and also easy to teach others in the group. If you play with it long enough you can figure out most anything you need to do. I love that I can input info from the ap."

• "We love the app, the easy online giving, and the easy way to manage our congregation."

• Cons

• "No product will have everything you want right off the shelf, but we found Elexio to have most of what we considered crucial to start. "

• "Sometimes the process to accomplish minor things can become convoluted. "

• "The feature I would like to see improved is the text messaging. I would like to have more characters available in a single message. "

Browse Elexio Community Reviews

So easy to search for church members, register for events, and give donations

Our church is so well connected. We're able to see the directory, manage our giving, and register for events. As a church administrator, this software is also simple to use on the back end.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use. You can quickly see what options your church has to interact, and as a church member who has used this software on the back-end, it's also easy to set up events and options for users.

Cons

It can sometimes be buggy on the user side, I've had it freeze up when trying to log in or register, but a simple refresh fixes it.

Response from Elexio

Replied April 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. We'll make sure the team gets your notes around the platform. Looking forward to the opportunity to continue serving you.

Keturah from Sar Shalom Synagogue

Elexio has been an asset to our Synagogue

The former database I was using for ministry support was pretty outdated. We are considered by some a small congregation so outdated seemed ok. The reason why I first decided to make the change to Elexio was to utilize children's check in feature. However, that is just a small feature compared to how it has helped me streamline the office here. Our giving has gone up since initiating this product. I feel more confident that there will be less or no glitches in reprots. The customer service is excellent and the training has been very helpful

Pros

It makes my job much easier. It has helped encourage giving by our members which is very important. I have a greater ease of accessing important information. It has been a time saver for me when I do our weekly giving reports.

Cons

it is pretty easy to work with but some areas can be a little tricky. The support team is amazing and makes even the tricky parts make sense and they get me going again. What I like least isn't so much about the software but more about the training video's. Some are very long. I would prefer 30 minute segments. longer video's are difficult to sit through and can be a bit boring.

Reasons for Choosing Elexio Community

It was recommended. I sat through an initial webinar about the product explaining benefits etc and was sold on it.

Reasons for Switching to Elexio Community

because church pro is very outdated. I also found while doing year end reports that there was some inaccuracies. It doesn't look good when a member comes to you and says I gave this and that to this or that fund and while the amounts are right the funds were not even when I check to see if they were logged correctly. We also wanted a more updated system in particular we wanted something that would benefit children's check in. I went with Elexio partly because the church that we purchased our building from had used it and recommended it.

Weston from Bethel Baptist Church

Intuitive Interface with hot and cold features and support

The easy of doing the basics of looking people up from anywhere (phone/computer/tablet) is quick and most of the functions are intuitive and helpful, but most software in this category does that. The elements that should make or break things are a mixed bag. The mobil app is excellent, with integration to maps and phone so you don't have to jump apps, meaning you can look up someone, click their address and pull up directions, or click their number to call and it connects to your phone app to begin the call, without copy or pasting addresses or phone numbers. However some of their defining features don't work near as well as advertised. The main reason we went with Elexio was there "workflows" which allow you to automate a lot of processes, but unless you have very specific needs that the workflows fit, it may not function as needed. We have worked with customer service a lot, I mean A LOT. To their credit, their customer service is quick, friendly, and responsive. However, it didn't take many phone calls to figure out that not all customer service people are the same. I felt like I was training them a number of times (again, due to the intuitiveness of their software, I had figured quite a bit out) just to get to the problem I was having, only to have them say "oh, yeah, it can't do that, I'll put in a feature request for you." We have put in a number of "feature requests" in the first couple months. Some are for some pretty specific needs on how we do things, but many are things that seem pretty basic. I will say they do seem to update regularly and have worked well with us. If you're looking for an intuitive software with easily accessible customer support, then this is a decent product that I would recommend, and we will be staying with it. If you're looking at moving from a similar product for some of their bells and whistles, I would wait a bit until they've worked out some of the kinks. Also, I wouldn't recommend their "coaching/training" package. Again, they have created such an intuitive interface that, unless your staff need a lot of handholding or aren't moderately tech competent, it's probably redundant. Again, nice enough people doing the training, but only about 15-20% of the content of the training was helpful, as we had figured out the other 80% on our own, and it was woefully slow in presentation, definitely not worth the expense.

Pros

See my review

Cons

See my review

Response from Elexio

Replied March 2017

Thank you for the feedback, Weston. We'd love to hear any additional comments on how we can better approach the training for onboarding folks at different levels of the learning process. I did want to let you know we really utilize these feature requests in our roadmap, so do keep sharing them as we continue to develop the strengthen the platform. Feel free to share any of this at feedback@elexio.com. Thanks again!

Bryan from Roanoke Mennonite Church

A System That Connects

Pros

Being able to easily search for specific people by location, relationship, and standing is so helpful. The integration with our website, customizable fields, and ease of automated processes makes Elexio Database a no brainer.

Cons

While there are always features in any program that could be added, Elexio does a good job of listening to its clients about which ones take priority over others. I could always use even more customizable fields to more narrowly define people in searches.

Reasons for Switching to Elexio Community

Elexio was easier to use, had more user friendly abilities, and the integration it offered far surpassed what we had been using.

Shawna from College Heights Baptist Church

Elexio/Shelby Financials for a small/medium church

The Elexio church management side is absolutely wonderful. It is so easy to use, makes sense and reports are clicks away. The few struggles we've had with initial set up on the accounting side are outweighed by the program itself and the top notch customer service. I have said that some day when I have this program mastered maybe I'll apply to be product support for this company.

Pros

The Elexio donor statements themselves and the ease of use to print them are by far my favorite features. After learning to use Shelby financials, it is easy and thorough. There was a learning curve from what our old software was difficult but now that I've got it, I really like it. Reports are greatly improved and much easier for deacons to read.

Cons

I felt that the transition between our former accounting program and this new program did not go well. I did not feel there enough included training hours to ask questions all the questions. A once a year national conference for training is offered but the travel expenses are cost prohibitive for a smaller Alaskan church.

Reasons for Choosing Elexio Community

GAAP compliant and works for churches, no time consuming ridiculous go arounds like you must do for Quickbooks.

Reasons for Switching to Elexio Community

Logos Accounting and church management are obsolete and are no longer supported.

Kim from CCC

Elexio easy for staff

Staff learned the software quickly and uses it everyday. Metrics are better and so is communication between ministries and within ministry teams.

Pros

Easy to learn, easy to use, interactions, workflows. Forms easy to create, email and embed.

Cons

Children’s Check-in has never worked reliably on our very busy Sunday mornings (300-350 kids). Forms are easy to set up but using workflows to drop people directly into groups does not work as we expected.

Reasons for Choosing Elexio Community

Easy to learn and use. Children’s Check-in. Metrics for giving and attendance. Cost.

Reasons for Switching to Elexio Community

ACS was too complexed for our staff to use and Children’s Check-in was not reliable.

Debbie from United Methodist Church of Geneva

Learning curve high but worth it

We have found Elexio’s response time when asking for help to be very good. Tech support is always helpful, patient and thorough.

Pros

Working with individuals profiles is very easy And the data captured Is complete. Very easy to record contributions.

Cons

Generating financial reports can be cumbersome. I wish there was more flexibility in this area. Generating year end contribution statements has been a struggle in past years, but Elexio has worked hard to improve this function.

Reasons for Switching to Elexio Community

Very cumbersome and we did not feel we could trust that the data was accurate.

Michael from Berea Baptist Church

Valuable Tool

The database is a powerful tool in our ministry. The integration of database, website and on-line giving provide us with a management tool we routinely use to enhance our ministry.

Pros

Elexio provides easily accessible information about congregates and visitors, helping to personalize their care. Through the database interfaces, communication is easy and quick.

Cons

At the last upgrade, I feel we lost the ability to customize reports and lost predefined reports that were beneficial in our ministry.

Reasons for Choosing Elexio Community

Price and functionality were both determining factors.

September 2016

Troy from New Hope Christian Church

September 2016

Not the best for Children's Ministry

So far, I am not fond of Elexio. Here is why: 1. poor contrast makes it hard to see and you can't enlarge the size of text. Very bad for those who need help seeing like myself. 2. I asked tech support about the above issue about 9 months ago. have not heard back and nothing done. 3. no mac support. 4. Our system constantly has errors and break downs. I have lost the trust of my parents as a result. people don't like using a system that does not work. This is a MAJOR problem I have with elexio. 5. I don't like the records being kept off site. that requires trust in an internet connection, which as been the cause of some of our reliability issues. I can back up our system here. no need for elexio's help with that 6. The system is not user intuitive so getting things done is hard and requires watching lots of tech videos - if you can find the right one. Things that are added to files seem are put in the wrong field because fields are so poorly marked with confusing computer tech language. elexio needs to learn from Mac. Make it easy enough you don't need ton of training to use it. 7. A positive: Elexio does do a lot. Everything from financial giving, to room management to check in. Can't knock the functionality. They have thought of everything. 8. The stickers do not stay on the child and the name tags you can get are limited by the printer type you can use with elexio. You can't print in color and the look of the print out tags by 'KidCheck' are more pleasing to the eye than by elexio. my people miss essential info on the name tags cause they are hard to see and just not pleasing to the eye. My conclusion is that I want to give elexio a fair shake, but I have lost credibility with families. A security system that relies on a computer system needs that computer system to work 100% of the time. Elexio does not. We are a church. I need the system work on the computers I have, not the computers and printers I have to buy special just so they will work with elexio. I have spent a year working with our computer department at our church to resolve these isses, but in the past month we have had 5 service times where there were errors throughout the service that rendered most if not all of the people to not be able to check in correctly. If I cant' resolve this in the next month I will be recommending we switch to new software and use something different for each area (facility, giving, check in).

Pros

Elexio does a lot, from giving, to room management, to communication and check in and more.

Cons

See previous email. Quite a few

Response from Elexio

Replied January 2017

Thanks for sharing here, Troy. We are dedicated to helping you find the best solution for your needs. We have actually launched a brand new church management platform (Community ChMS) that has a keen focus on ease-of-use. Still has all the things you loved before: Check in (now with proximity app), room reservation, and contribution data, but now in a way that you can hit the ground running. Feel free to reach out to a team member by calling (888) 997-9947 Ext. 1 to get a demo and take a look. It is definitely ready for you to use this Sunday! :) In all seriousness, thanks for sharing here and we look forward to being able to serve you with the next generation of ELEXIO solutions.

Tony from Core Church at Aspen Creek

Church management made easier

Better tracking of our congregation and able to readily identify needs.

Pros

Helpful to be able to group family members, merge individual accounts and also track giving, attendance and other reports you may set up

Cons

We had previously used an older version and it was very tasking moving the previous data into the new online version. Don't like not having a version to utilize from the desktop

Julie from Cornerstone Baptist Church

Cornerstone Baptist Church 2020 Elexio Review

My overall experience with the system has been good. The system makes sense, is very useful, & saves us time. It's easy to understand how all the pieces work together. The help videos are very helpful along with the web seminars that we can sit in on or watch at a later time. However, I wish the webinars would remain out there permanently for us to re-watch & review. There is usually a lot of helpful info in those. And if they are out there, I am unsure of where to find the older ones. Communications to me (the administrator for Elexio here in our office) has not always been the best. For instance, I had our children's ministry director tell me about a new app (ministry one) that the Elexio support team told her about after she had contacted them to get help with something she was working on. After talking with the support team she ask me about it and I knew nothing. It wasn't until a couple months later that I got an email advertising the new app from the Elexio Team. It would of been nice for someone (preferably our account rep) to give me a heads up. I don't seem to hear from him at all. Most suppliers/vendors that we have contracts with will reach out to us sometime during the year to make sure that we are doing ok and let us know about anything new that is coming out. A simple email would be great! Finally, the Elexio support team is great to work with and helpful. They are always very pleasant and eager to help. We very much appreciate that!

Pros

It's pretty simple to use - both from an administrative aspect and user aspect. Also I like the fact that you are always trying to find ways to make the product better and simplifying things for the end user. We have some older (60 + in age) members that use Elexio and have no problems navigating around in the system.

Cons

I would like to be able to post events and our sermon notes on the new Ministry One app without it being tied to a registration form. Not all of our events require our members to register for them. But would still like to advertising them. Right now I work around that by deleting the word "Submit" but the button is still there when the form is published. If the submit button could be removed that would be great. I realize we can link to our website, where we have sermon notes. However, the whole idea of the new app is to have everything right there for the end user to be able to pull up immediately. Therefore making it super simple, fast, and more inviting for members of all ages to use the app. Plus using an app on your phone, I feel, is easier than going to a website and then trying to find the sermon notes and clicking on them.

Reasons for Choosing Elexio Community

To my knowledge this is the only system we have used and have not looked at any other systems.

Mary from Arlington Heights United Methodist Church

Happy Elexio User!

I love Elexio! We were using Shelby, which is not user-friendly and not cloud-based (we could not afford Arena). Only 1 person in our office could access reports. Now, from my laptop at home, I can easily send a text or email to anyone or any conceivable grouping of people in our congregation. I can check to see who has read their email, and my admin can send emails from my email address so replies come to me. Members can email all members of their small groups from the web portal (Group leaders can easily send a group text). The phone app makes it easy for lay members to check the directory and events and check in their attendance. We have not had significant issues with children's check-in. It is possible to do this online or offline, and customer service is available on Sunday mornings. The access I have to information seems priceless - it is at least worth one employee's salary. As a Senior pastor, I can quickly tell who hasn't attended in any number of weeks, who is in what small group, how frequently people are attending, who lives in what neighborhood, what repeat visitors are currently attending, where we stand on contributions - almost anything I need to know. And I can do it at 10 p.m. from my kitchen table if I need to. I can look up a member in the directory on the app and immediately get directions to their house. Other databases have similar functions; however, we were paying much more for Shelby (+ a calendar program, which we dropped when we switched to Elexio), and I couldn't do any of this. For the price, the ability for any staff or lay member (who is given special access) to have this kind of functionality at their fingertips is well worth it. Of course, it's not perfect. It helps to have an analytical mind to think about how to filter information to get what you want. Elexio staff are available to help with that and will look at what you've attempted and tell you how to tweak it. I mainly deal with customer service over email, so will wait hours or a day for a response. Calling is an option, also. The one improvement I would like to see is the ability to export the calendar feature to our website to use in a monthly format. The way events are listed on the portal is not very helpful. The better calendar feature is available if you buy their website. I do recommend paying for the implementation training if you are moving a significant amount of info from another database.

Pros

Functionality Cloud-based (can use on PC or Mac) User-friendly Makes online giving easy (through web portal or app), including text-to-give Smooth transition from Shelby Easy to give database access (and define limitations very specifically) to staff and lay members Extremely customizable to meet your church's needs (if you pay for implementation training, they will work closely with you to use your church's language, as well)

Cons

Events calendar function through web portal is limited - comes in list form, so it's not easy to jump ahead a few months to see when a certain event will be held; there isn't a search function to look for events by name. Functionality is best if you purchase their website product.

Response from Elexio

Replied January 2017

Great to hear from you, Mary! We are honored to be able to serve you with solutions that help ease your daily management! We're glad you made the change! I'm thrilled you're liking the ease at which you can communicate with staff and groups. I also want to share how much I appreciate you sharing your wishes for future development features as we progress! We're always looking to find the items that will really impact your ability to focus on your ministry. Also really appreciate the time you took to detail your experience in your review. Again, we're so pleased to be able to serve you. If you'd like to share anything additionally, feel free to shoot over comments to feedback@elexio.com.

Alba from Christ Family Church

Elexio Review

Overall is great ... I usually do not complain and customer service is always great.

Pros

I feel that the way the software helps with communication is great. I like that I am able to send emails as well as text messages to everyone in the database help with time management. I love that the company is teaming up with other Softwares companies to make managing the church a bit easier. Other software like the giving or the website that integrates helps with me no having to update every single are but it all updates at the same time.

Cons

I feel that the look of it could improve. One example could the email feature. You are not able to personalize the emails to the members of the database with better fonts or better details. It is very simple, which is fine sometimes but being able to add videos would be better. Also, for some reason, some people do not get the emails and /or text message which sometimes can affect your communication with the church members. Also, if you are going to send or attach a message to an email sometimes it will not send and you will never know. Waiting on the company to finish with Giving Booth which they say will take some time. For us, as a church is is a bit hard not being able to offer that service to our members.. so we are just waiting on that. Hopefully, that will be done soon.

Reasons for Choosing Elexio Community

It was recommended by another church. Honestly, the other companies did not offer integration of different software.

Michelle from Creekside Church of Christ

Elexio Database Software in a Mid-Sized Church

Elexio Database software has allowed me to keep track of members information, giving, and attendance all in one user friendly place. The at home (member) user desktop and phone applications are an awesome resource for our church members. Features like the online giving and reporting save me time at the end of the year when preparing individual giving reports for our members' tax purposes. The integrated Protect My Ministry background check option is also beneficial in assuring that we keep the most vulnerable of our congregation safe.

Pros

Given the recent pandemic, Elexio has several features that have been helpful and prepared our organization for what we didn't know was coming. First, the online giving option has been phenomenal. Our members have been able to continue their giving even though we were not meeting in person for worship. The mass communication capability has also been beneficial in notifying our congregation about closures and other important communications.

Cons

There are several features that I wish were more "customizable." The "print directory" option does not allow me to design a printed directory in the format I would prefer. The "print forms" option is similarly frustrating. I would like to print my registration forms in a user friendly format for those without internet access to use, but I'm unable to format the forms to print with a desirable appearance.

Reasons for Choosing Elexio Community

The customer service, initial training, cost, and capabilities were our main reasons for choosing Elexio.

Suelyn from Luther Memorial Church

Elexio, 2 years in

I've been using ChMS software since 1996. Elexio is my fourth. I find it refreshing and exciting that Ministry Brands is tackling this niche and reinventing it for today's market. A much needed endeavor that takes both grit and vision! Elexio's product is relevant, professional, dynamic. And still evolving. While we always want our ChMS to do everything we need it to do (yesterday), I've yet to experience a software product that does. Instead, I am inspired by Elexio's demonstrated commitment to keep innovating, rolling out new features, making modifications, and adapting to the needs of their customer base. In the best ways possible, I feel like I'm contributing to their success as they endeavor to ensure mine in support of the mission of my congregation.

Pros

I appreciate that Ministry Brands is committed to offering an outstanding product, which means giving attention to everything big and small behind it: ongoing development to meet user needs, knowledgeable and responsive customer service, user-friendly applications, commitment to two-way communication and sense of team with user-Admins and congregational leaders.

Cons

Conversion from previous ChMS was bumpier than expected.

Reasons for Choosing Elexio Community

We wanted a product that would be more user-friendly, so that more than a handful of staff would use it regularly. Our hope is that many in the congregation will eventually become frequent users and that leaders will find it a helpful ministry tool.

Elijah from Berachah Fellowship Church

Elexio at Berachah Fellowship Church

We have had a very enjoyable experience with the database. It has allowed for us to streamline our budget by eliminating duplicate services. It has also given us a tool to track attendance and become more engaged in retention efforts.

Pros

We enjoyed the user friendly interface and the ease of use of the software. It was also great being able to find a product that allowed us to combine services that we normally used two different companies for.

Cons

For me, I would like to see a drag and drop feature for adding members to groups. We would also like to see a system or workflow that would allow us to know each time that someone has given to the ministry and to be able to customize delivery options (text, email, or software alert). I would also like to use a variety of audio file types when sending voice messages. Finally, having more 500 credits (unlimited) for messaging would be a plus. We are a strong belief in communication and will find ourselves always exceeding the 500 limit because it simply isn’t enough.

Kendra from Community Reformed Church

Repeat Customer

I attended the Elexicon conference in Orlando several years ago and it was encouraging to meet the staff members and creators of the program. One thing they said that has stood out to me and proven to be true over time. They encouraged us to reach out to them if there was a feature that we think is missing or needs improvement. Elexio is constantly improving their product and strives to work with each individual account to serve their unique needs.

Pros

Elexio is customizable to fit the needs of each individual church. I have now used the Elexio church management software at two different churches and continue to be impressed with the updates and new features released on a regular basis.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I do not like about this software. If there is something that doesn't work, I know that they will work with us to make it work for our church.

Reasons for Choosing Elexio Community

I had used Elexio in my previous church and was excited to bring this product to the new church I was now working for.

Reasons for Switching to Elexio Community

The user-friendly features on Elexio don't compare to Power Church.

Emily from Horizons Church, The Colony TX

Exceptional Support

As a borderline millennial (born in 1983) I am fairly proficient at picking up new things, and being able to figure out the intent of the software designer, and I grew up using actual computers instead of "touch screen smart devices." So for me picking up Elexio Essentials web based Community and Giving has been fairly straightforward. And when I stumble across something I can't figure out for myself there is great Support from Elexio to help me through it. However, there are still some features that could use some serious refinement. There do not seem to be very many report options. It was surprising that the Giving portal was not more thoroughly integrated to the Community page. But generally I like the look and feel of using Elexio Essentials. It has a modern feel and is attractive to the general web and app user.

Pros

For someone who is fairly natural and picking up new tech skills, this software is user friendly.

Cons

I wish it was more fully integrated between Community and Giving. Users having two separate logins is too much in this day and age when we sign in to so many websites. I would like to see more reporting options in Community/ or more training on using workflows and searches to provide us the updates we want on involvement. I would like the check in feature to take less clicks to check in children to their classrooms. And I would like to be able to assign specific ministry leaders to be able to approve events in specific meeting spaces, instead of just based on tech needs or childcare, etc.

Response from Elexio

Replied March 2017

Thanks for your comments, Emily. We will definitely pass your comments on to the team as we shape the future of the products. We are dedicated to ensuring a fantastic customer and product experience. If you would like to share any additional feedback, feel free to shoot your comments over to feedback@elexio.com.

Lorie from Cross of Glory Baptist Church

Versatile Database with Good Customer Service

I have always thought Elexio has a quality product and is constantly enhancing the software. The customer service is the best I have ever worked with. Elexio offers many educational tools to get the most out of the software. The staff are knowledgeable, friendly and work hard to resolve any issues we are having.

Pros

I like the many features that integrate with the basic database: Community App, embed calendar on website, giving platform, forms and registration. Elexio also offers good training resources.

Cons

I really like the software but at times it seems that some of the tools/processes are "close-but-not-quite" useful (3/4 developed). The integration with the Clover website was a big sell for us but some of the features we have spent a lot of time figuring out did not prove to work in the end or were limited.

Reasons for Choosing Elexio Community

We were already using an Elexio website years ago so we were familiar with Elexio as a company. The integration with the website and giving was appealing.

Gwen from Arlington Heights United Methodist Church

The technical support that you all give when I call for help is always very helpful.

Pros

The ability to send communications using mailing lists or any other list and the receiver does not see the long list of names that also received the communication.

Cons

After 4 years the reports are still like pulling teeth. I have a few basic reports that I use, but if I have to run a report that does not fit the reports that I use most. It takes too long to set it up. Plus all of the reports that others have run whether they work or not clutter up the log of reports. I wish that there was a way that everyone would have their own log of reports without having to go through all reports ever made by everyone else. I know that you can make a report private, but when you are needing a different report it is hard to fine the original basic report to manipulate.

Response from Elexio

Replied June 2017

Hi Gwen! Thank you for the kind words about our team. We have a fantastic new platform that may be a great fit for you in terms of reporting. We'd love to set up some time with you to share it. Please contact the team at (888) 997-9947 Ext. 1. Thanks again!

Used Elexio for years

Good reporting. Good at keeping track of giving, notes, demographics. Not something our congregation really liked but on the office end, it got the job done.

Pros

Elexio was a good church database in terms of the church side. When we used it, the congregation did not like the online user interface so many did not sign up or even bother to log in to look at it after our initial roll out. That being said, Elexio has some of the BEST backend reporting. It is so easy to customize and make a report got literally anything I could think of. The customer service was ok, they did always answer and respond to my calls. I did use an older version that was on a network, so we had problems with crashing butI believe they are all online now.

Cons

The crashing which was a problem a year ago but I do think they switched over to an online platform. The check-in was outdated. You could customize the look, but it still looked very old.

Mandy from Prescott Christian Church

Elexio Review

My experience with Elexio has been neutral. I've had some really good experiences with using the database and with customer service, and I've had not so good experiences. Overall, the database was a step up from what were were using. There are a lot of different parts to the software that one doesn't learn overnight. I'm still learning all the time new things, and I've been using Elexio for about five years. It can easily become a full time job making sure the database is up-to-date and using it to the capacity it is meant to be used.

Pros

I like to be able to put people in ministries and communicate in masses through those ministries. Elexio can take the place of your work email with all the information right there.

Cons

It's pretty complex. I feel like even after five years, I'm just hitting the service of what it can really do.

Karen from Refuge Church

Elexio Database review

we use the database for recording giving. i used to have Logos software. Elexio is better and more intuitive - except for entering the donation - with logos - i used to be able to enter all of the information for one donor while in their record

Pros

I love how easily the information is populated - hard to explain i love the simplicity of using it

Cons

i do not like that i have to enter the donor's name each time - for example : Mary Jane gives me $100 - $20.00 for 5 different funds -- i have to type in her name each time to enter each fund's $20.00 - it would seem that once i enter - mary jane i should be able to stay on her record and make all entries at once.

Reasons for Switching to Elexio Community

we received a letter that you were no longer supporting logos and that Elexio would be the new system -- we learned of Elexio through LOGOS

Daniel from First Lutheran Church

Elexio Review

Overall, both the products and support team have been great. Our dedicated training partner has been wonderful, with knowledge of the product and of church operations. The development team continues to make enhancements and we remain excited that we made the move.

Pros

We started our journey to a new management system looking for a child check-in system. Once we began to learn about Exlexio's we quickly realized the entire church management system looked to be better suited for our staff and most importantly our member use. After much homework, we ended up purchasing the entire suite of products! The integration process was rather easy.

Reasons for Choosing Elexio Community

The sales team didn't try to tell us what was wrong with the competition, but rather sold their product as the right fit!

Reasons for Switching to Elexio Community

ElexioChms provided for most operations that we use to fall under "one roof" 'rather than using multiple products and platforms.

Mark from Woodland Church

An Excellent Church Database for All Your Basic Needs

Elexio Essentials Database is an excellent choice for church management software for the small to medium size church with basic needs. It's easy to use yet powerful. Highlights include: automated workflows, mass communication, group management, attendance, reporting, seamless integration with your website, and optimized viewing on mobile devices. Another plus is that it is non-contractual meaning you're not locked into a year or even 3-year contract. This keeps the good folks at Elexio working hard to earn your continued use month and month. Since "Essentials" is less than a year old, it lacks some of the more robust features included in Elexio's "Deluxe" Database (which has been around for many years); however, more features are constantly being added by the developers. And being a client of Elexio's other fine products such as website hosting and financial management adds to the value and integration. Customer service is always on hand with prompt replies. It's also a great value economically, particularly for churches whose attendance runs under 250 people. Recommended!

Pros

Basic church management needs met. Seamless integration with website and financial software. Optimized viewing on mobile devices. Cloud based access from any device with internet access.

Cons

Cannot create unique icon for shortcut on devices. Can only see one month at a time in calendar. Cannot choose levels of privacy in directory.

Shelley from Redeemer's Fellowship

Really happy with the NEW Elexio web-based product. Much more user-friendly!

We are Mac users and in past years it has been a bit difficult to find database software that is compatible. We are loving the new Elexio web-based option! Very user-friendly, intuitive, easy to manage data. A bit of a learning curve coming from PC-based old Elexio (for which we used Microsoft Remote Desktop). But definitely worth it! Elexio is also aggressively working to make improvements!

Pros

Coming from the old Elexio, the new version is very intuitive and user-friendly! Screens are better layout and easier to view. Simpler report design/management.

Cons

Trying to re-think everything being tracked in "groups" within new Elexio, requires new disicpline and practices to ensure everyone is in correct groupings. Learning curve.

Richard from Bethel AME Church

The Elexio Database is a very good product.

I have had and continue to have a very good experience.

Pros

I appreciate how simple it is to find a member. It is extremely user friendly. The company ensured that our transition to use the product was simple and seamless. It was a smooth transition.

Cons

A help message option is needed in Elexio giving. There are some reports that I need but are not available. And, consistently have problems printing and/or emailing correct and complete end of year giving statements.

Reasons for Choosing Elexio Community

The presentation, word of mouth referrals and recommendations.

Rolanda from Harvest Community Church

Always Growing and Changing

Most of the improvements that we could use are on the schedule already.

Pros

The customer support is awesome! The system is fairly easy to use and we utilize it daily. I would be lost without it and the support. I am technology challenged and their support and information shared is crucial to me functioning in a positive manner. They are conscious of the effect their changes have on us and work to keep us updated with new changes and tricks to utilize them.

Cons

Reports are not as complete or as intuitive as I would like.

Tricia from Moses Lake Alliance Church

Effective Communications Tool

Overall the Elexio Database benefits our church on a daily basis by making it easy to connect our people to each other in a convenient way.

Pros

I find this software integral to keeping our congregation connected to each other and our many and varied events. I especially like the query search feature to have the flexiblity to filter people by many different categories to reach exactly the groups needed.

Deborah from Reclamation Church Monroeville

I highly recommend Elexio

Again, Elexio has been very easy to use on a daily basis and is an essential tool for managing both our community and giving. When I do have questions or issues, Elexio's customer support team have been prompt, very friendly and very helpful. I highly recommend Elexio!

Pros

Over the years, I have used 3 other church software systems, and Elexio is by far the most user-friendly and easiest to use.

Cons

The workflow process does not seem to flow easily and is not intuitive.

Reasons for Switching to Elexio Community

We needed a database system with more flexibility and ease in use.

Melissa from Cross Keys Fellowship Church

Give Elexio Database a try!

I am the administrative assistant at a church where they use the Elexio database. I had no previous training with the database when I began my position. I was able to teach myself how to use Elexio and learn basic reporting features. The customer service is wonderful. They are committed to helping you solve problems and work smarter. In the beginning, I had a lot of questions and have learned some great tips.

Pros

There is great training available through podcasts, videos, and articles. The software is easy to use with lots of options to customize your experience. They do offer one on one training and I would highly recommend the additional training.

Cons

The cost of training was more than we could afford.

Response from Elexio

Replied March 2017

Thanks Melissa! We've loved being able to get you up-and-running and appreciate the feedback.

Peggy from Living Rock Church

Stable platform to keep track of church members & events

Saves time and money. No longer have to print a directory. People can upload their own photos.

Pros

Integration with event calendar - can reserve rooms and equipment by event. Keeps us from double-booking space! Database has ability to send out group communications (emails AND texts!); ability to schedule group communications; easy to keep track of visitors and assign follow up. Track giving, makes the information readily available to people instead of them needing to call in and asking for us to run a report. Also easy to email end of year giving records.

Cons

Not always intuitive to use advanced features. Wish we had the option to have our own logo as the app icon.

Karen from Non Profit Organisation

Looks good, functions poorly

The prior product (Elexio Database) was a very good product. The current (2019) products are inferior, as described above.

Pros

Attractive interface. Website solution is good. Functional calendar.

Cons

Have used Elexio products for almost five years. Three of the four solutions currently offered (church management, accounting, and online giving) have significant deficits. Elexio moved from a mundane and (somewhat) outmoded database system about 24 months ago which, while boring to look at, functioned quite well. In an attempt to bring their software up to their competition's standards, they cut numerous features and never have quite got all the features fully integrated. Giving integration has severe deficits and fails (too) often. Church management component, while appearing at surface level to be quite robust, has many idiosyncrasies and is rather limited. Accounting module is archaic (we used it for only one year) and reminds me of the prior software we canned due to obsolescence. Support routinely responds, "We hope to add that feature in the future" or "...add back that feature..." to most support requests.

Response from Elexio

Replied April 2020

Hi Karen! Thank you for your review. Since you posted, we've added a ton of new features! We have volunteer scheduling, improved reporting, a member health dashboard, and more. We hope you'll check out our new features!

Charles from Kenmore Alliance Church

Great Product, but not exclusive to Elexio and WAY OVERPRICED

10yr Customer with Elexio. This is by far the best product (database) they have ever offered. However they charged me monthly for it, only to find out that it is a licensed product from another parent company, and not exclusive to Elexio. Therefore I was able to find the EXACT SAME database with a sister company for cheaper! That's Allot cheaper. Very disappointed in Elexio taking advantage of us like that.

Pros

everything

Cons

As with any product, still needs some tweaks. Some aggregate reports need the ability to TOTAL from multiple groups that happen on different dates, as opposed to just totalling per date. Giving needs the ability to add "SUB-CATEGORIES". Also, Giving needs to be able to "IN-ACTIVATE" Categories. Otherwise you will slowly accrue a massive long list of categories that you certainly dont want to DELETE, however dont ever need to populate in the list again going forward. EX. Jordan Missions Trip 2003. Its a line item that is obsolete years later. Why would it still populate in the list? There are other minor issues. It also needs to INTEGRATE more with the actual FORMS in the GIVING module better, and could INTEGRATE more and better with related website products.

Robert from Memorial Church of Christ

By using Elexio we have been able to communicate better to the members of the congregation.

Pros

The Elexio app has changed the way we are able to stay connected and be able to see who old and new members are through the church directory. I love the way we are able to connect with guests, so quickly through the workflows. The customer service and help videos are excellent.

Cons

"The accounting portion seems like an afterthought to the software program" stated by our CFO. This is our main con.

Vanessa from WestHill Church

Worth the Cost

Having learned from the person who set it up on our system, I have a good grasp of the features and functionality. I still have more to learn and appreciate the tutorials, please keep them coming!

Pros

Fairly straightforward usage and when needed Customer Support is friendly and helpful.

Cons

Some features are more difficult to find in the program than others. making a call to Customer Support necessary.

Annette from Fairmont First Church of the Nazarene

Well pleased

The time it takes to keep information updated has vastly decreased. Our communication has greatly improved thanks to Elexio.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use. Updates are made continuously which improve its functionality and make our jobs so much easier. All of our information in one place is great.

Cons

We have not experienced any real cons. Any minor issues we've encountered have been solved with a quick, short phone call to support, which is great by the way.

Response from Elexio

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review, Annette! We are thrilled you love our product!

Sabrina from Christ's Church Camden

We have been with Elexio for 4-5 years and we love that they continue to improve the software.

Pros

Easy to use, very clean look, that they are continuing to make improvements. We also love that it is internet based so that we do not have to have volunteers download software onto their computers.

Cons

The reporting could be improved and we would really like more options with workflows. I would like to see the help area be a little more people friendly.

Jaeda from Apostle Faith Church of Deliverance Inc

Elexio Database is worth it!

Its great for keeping up constant communication with our members.

Pros

I love the ease of use with this product. It was fairly simple getting our records and information implemented into the system. The GUI for the applications are also very user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes the process to accomplish minor things can become convoluted.

John from Harvest Bible Chapel

Good option for church plants!

The learning curve is a bit sharp but the resources available are fantastic! The customer service far exceeds expectations! I have never worked with a company in any arena that has made me feel so personally cared for. Their attention to detail and followup has always impressed me!

Pros

The integrated platform. No other company offers this.

Cons

Some of the components are still not intuitive. More instructional videos may be helpful.

cassi from Whisper Mountain Camp & Retreat

This is the software we were afraid to even dream existed! We couldn't be more thankful for Elexio.

Pros

Elexio has allowed us to combine 4 other softwares we were using into one efficient system. Reporting is now so easy for us. Even though we are somewhat out of the box for Elexio being a camp rather than a church, the staff has been super helpful in setting us up, finding better ways for us to manage our data and helping us work smarter and not harder!

Cons

Because we are out of the box as a camp rather than a church, we wish for a few capabilities that aren't there. A couple examples would be Mass Contact Records to see what was sent to who, allowing our forms to directly import into the database without exporting forms to do so.

Response from Elexio

Replied May 2017

Thanks for reaching out, Cassi! WOW. We are so grateful that you are sharing your story here. It's incredible to learn of just how many platforms folks were using that they are now able to streamline and this is just another testament to that. Please continue to provide feedback as it all goes directly to the team who are passionate about further developing the platform to the best it can possibly be. Best of luck and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Melinda from Valley View Christian Church

Valley View Christian Church

LOVE how Elexio works with our needs! Elexio works with every client to meet their needs. Amazing software!

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Slow to sync events with database and web

Response from Elexio

Replied January 2017

Thanks for sharing, Melinda! We're so pleased to be able to serve Valley View Christian Church and that your experience has been such a positive one. If you'd like to share anything additionally, feel free to reach out to us at feedback@elexio.com.

Shari from South Haven Baptist Church

Elexio has been a a great solution for our church

Pros

It is easy to use for administrative staff as well as for the church members. Online giving is particularly easy to use.

Cons

I wish the setup for child check-in and setting up children's Sunday school classes and children's church was a simpler process. There was not much easy to understand guidance available.

Shannon from Grace Church at Willow Vally

Highly Recommend

Elexio Database has been so easy for us to use and easy for our staff to learn. Their customer support has been very responsive and helpful.

Pros

Tracking of contact is key. Our pastors and staff are able to see in one place who has made contacts. Integration with Online giving has been key. Most important, it's user friendly!

Cons

Some of the report/search features can be cumbersome but the Elexio team is constantly working on streamlining their software.

Terri from Stonebrook Community Church

Pros

Cons

Non that I can think of. The product has been working well for us.

I don't remember.

Reasons for Switching to Elexio Community

They were PC based rather than Internet based. Very limited.

Kate from Woodland Church

Not user-friendly

Pros

It has all the features I was looking for in a church management software.

Cons

There has been an error with the Elexio Checkscanner utility and print-driver for the Canon CR-50 check scanner that I brought up 16 months ago, and it still has not been fixed. The communication between the member information and the giving platform is TERRIBLE! I have had many duplicated members because all information didn't match what was already in the member's account. There is no easy way for members to see their total giving, and it's difficult for people to navigate unless you have training. Children's Check-in cannot reprint tags - we have to ask for people's identification if they lose a pickup tag. It's difficult and time-consuming to keep up with all the groups of children and when they have to move up a grade or class... NONE of this is automated or easy. If a member no longer attends, there is no option to make them inactive outside of deleting their account.

Andrew from Bridgewater Church

Love Elexio and Elexio Support!

Elexio is a top notch company. There are some features that are missing on Community, but it seems like this software is maturing rapidly. We would like to see a more easy to use child-check-in software (similar to Elexio Delux), see more automatic weekly reporting, etc, but overall, Elexio Community is great!

Pros

Web based, great to use with our desktops, laptops, iPads and mobile phones!

Cons

Child Check-In complexity and restrictions (i.e. All groups show up... if child is signing in on a Sunday, Wednesday's ministry groups are showing... this can easily lead to check-in user error. It would be great to only show Wednesday's group on Wednesday, and Sunday's ministry from this time to this time...)

Response from Elexio

Replied March 2017

Thanks Andrew! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on Community and your experience with the team. You are certainly right that the solution is maturing rapidly, so we'll make sure these remarks get to the right folks to consider future planning!

Wendy from Jesup Bible Fellowship

Great for storing all your data

Pros

This software is great in keeping all info in one place and has the capability of searches for particular data. Love that it can be used by others so they can be self sufficient.

Cons

It would be nice if the directory could be customized.

Kevin from Religious Institution

New Elexio Communities Platform will be their ruin

Pros

Literally one thing....workflows. Ok, maybe customer support...maybe. I'm required to write more here but have nothing more that is positive to say.

Cons

I've worked with Elexio Legacy products for years as a contract technical developer for a number of churches using the Elexio platform. They recently came out with a new platform called Elexio Communities and forced all their Legacy clients to move over to the new platform. It cost way more, offers extremely limited functionality, completely disconnected giving and nearly non-existant reporting and I literally have to contact customer support several times weekly for issues and things not working the way they should. oh, and did I mention it costs more? After being a customer for over four years we are leaving and looking for a new solution. DON'T GO WITH ELEXIO!!

Response from Elexio

Replied April 2020

Hi Kevin! Thank you for your review. Since you posted, we've added a ton of new features! We have volunteer scheduling, improved reporting, a member health dashboard, and more. We hope you'll check them out!

Alice from Hope Community Church

Getting out overall Contributions

Pros

Ability to key in contributions and now with Beta screens easier to input Notes

Cons

The Reports that I am able to get out of the software. Used to be able with old version to have reports that I needed and save them to use each month. Starting to move to this in the "newer" version, but still have a long way to go to have the old reporting ability. Still not able to get a report out for Credit Card Charges by Fund giving to. Should be there within the database.

Reasons for Choosing Elexio Community

What we were using in the past and learning curve would not be as much.