• Pros

• "I love that it's so easy to use and that it gives me so much feedback about the effectiveness of my messages. "

• "It is the easiest to use and setup and I look forward to all the things they are going to add"

• "I like that the final outcome provides an attractive and engaging alternative to standard emails. I am also thoroughly impressed and appreciative with the Flocknote team."

• Cons

• "The only criticism I have received from some in my Flock is that they cannot view everyone else's responses. I view this as a mixed blessing."

• "I honestly can't think of any cons, truly. I just wish everyone single member of the parish would enroll!"

• "I found it to be a hassle to be an administrator, so would just ask out technology director to send messages for me. I continue to do it that way."

Browse Flocknote Reviews

Benjamin from FBC Laredo

Flocknote is an easy to use communication tool built for churches.

Flocknote allows church administration and leaders to communicate with their people on demand. It is a simple, straightforward, and cost effective solution made for churches.

Pros

The software is simple, straightforward, and cost effective. The software allows communication through email and text. It has analytics for understanding how the messages were received and red. Groups can be setup to communicate with specific people.

Cons

When people attempt to communicate back, you will have to manually look for these communication. Notifications are not given when someone communicates back. This is only a one-way communications platform.

Response from Flocknote

Replied May 2018

Hi Benjamin, We're so glad to hear you're finding Flocknote helpful for communicating with your church members :) I do have some good news for you. There is a way to be notified via email when someone replies to a note. To enable these notifications, you can simply login and select the Purple Bell icon and click to highlight the speech bubble icon next to any group that's listed to be notified via email when a comment is left on a note. To see this process in action you can check out our training video on comments here: http://flocknote.com/training/comments-and-replies I hope this is helpful :) If you have any questions or if we can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at help@flocknote.com God bless, Kaitlin R. Flocknote Happiness Engineer Help@flocknote.com

Judi from Christ the King Church

Handy tool for ministry

Overall, I enjoy using Flocknote very much. The crew is great to work with and the designers of the program are constantly working to add new products or to improve the product and welcome suggestions from their customers.

Pros

The feature I most looked forward to, and appreciate as I use it, is the statistics that are given after a message is sent. I can see who has opened the email, how many people have clicked on each imbedded link, & whose email kicked it back. It is also very easy to add links, videos, and images with this software. The staff is quick to respond, friendly, and eager to help their customers. Love their little punny remarks, too.

Cons

I like to use gifs but the gif program with Flocknotes is not the best. It only shows one image at a time, so you have to constantly click next and it takes a few moments for the next image to load. I don't think I have ever found a gif that I have liked or used.

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

For me, ParishSoft email didn't work so I always had to use my google account. No other messaging software offered the ability to see the analytics (called Unolytics) of who opened the message.

Reasons for Switching to Flocknote

Diocesan wide option to work with Flocknote, which was also marketed with eCatholic. I would say this was a product that was much needed in the field, and Matt Warner and Matt Sewell presented the software well to a business of leery, older, tech scared people!

Response from Flocknote

Replied February 2021

Thanks so much for this review, Judi - we really appreciate it. Also, if you prefer another GIF tool online, you can always find the exact one you want, save it to your computer, and upload it to your note via the Image Feature. Hope that's helpful! :)

Philip from BeaconBaptist Church

We gave it a shot

The benefit is a cost savings to the church by saving your expenses of doing mail out letters throughout the year.

Pros

Flocknote provides an email and text solution for your church, and they do a good job of it. Another pro is that you are able to have ono-to-one text conversations through the system. This is a huge benefit that you need form your texting provider.

Cons

Two things: the first is, it was a little pricey for our ministry. As we began to look around, we found other solutions that offered equal or better features for less cost. Also, FlockNote does not offer text giving. We wanted a provider that would allow us to communicate to our members as well as provide a simple way for them to be able to give via text.

Response from Flocknote

Replied July 2018

Thank you for those kind words, Philip! We're so thankful you gave us a try :) What software did you all find worked better for your church? Blessings, Kait Rawley Flocknote Marketing Help@flocknote.com

James from Our Lady of the Angels

Excellent tool for communicating

We, as a church community and retreat center, need to be able to keep lists of different groups of people and to send them information in a stylish and attractive manner that also lets us communicate back and forth with them using multiple methods. Flocknote is excellent for this.

Pros

I love that I can keep track of all our families in one place. I love that you can email and text at the same time depending on what the users want. I love that you can choose multiple groups to send to and customize each note with style. I love that you can see who has opened your message and read it. I love that you can send polls, rsvp’s, and more.

Cons

I wished it could track people more like a database as well which they got closer to with added features but which cost extra.

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

All the reasons listed above.

Reasons for Switching to Flocknote

We were using excel sheets, PDS, and Outlook to create lists and groups. None of these did all these things together and none did them very well. We still use Excel to keep track of certain things, but Flocknote has made life much easier.

Response from Flocknote

Replied September 2019

Heya James! We appreciate your time and consideration leaving us a review. It's great to hear that you've been loving Flocknote so far and enjoy many of its features! We recently released Flocknote People (an add-on subscription) which is a smarter way to manage your members. If you have any suggestions or feedback about this new subscription, I encourage you to let us know at help@flocknote.com. We'd be happy to discuss how we could make this program a better fit for Our Lady of the Angels. :)

Cynthia from The Village Church

Outstanding Customer Service

Communication has been an ongoing problem for us. Flocknote helps us communication better with our people. Their customer service has been great at helping us with problems or issues.

Pros

A company can make the best product available; but, if the customer service and support is lacking the product will never work to it's fullest potential. That is what makes Flocknote stand out from other software companies.

Cons

It works best when you use the app. We didn't know that at first or would have encouraged our people to use that from the beginning. It does take some getting used to and there might be ways to make the app more user friendly.

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

Some of our congregation prefer emails and Flocknote lets the user determine which way they want to receive information through email or text.

Reasons for Switching to Flocknote

We dropped that program because no one in our congregation could figure out how to use it. Even leadership had problems with it's use. We just could never get everyone on board.

Response from Flocknote

Replied October 2019

It's always a happy day at Flocknote when we get a review as stellar as this one, Cynthia! We really care about our customers and we're glad you've seen that in our customer support. You mentioned that the app could be more user-friendly and we take this constructive feedback to heart as well! If you have any suggestions for how we could improve your experience, feel free to send us an email to help@flocknote.com. God bless The Village Church. :)

Therese from YMCA

Flocknote for Mom’s Group and CCD

I have used Flocknotes to get messages out to my groups I ran recently. But I am also on the receiving end for Mass updates and CCD updates for my kids. It has allowed our Parish to have a system to contact a large group at once about important information or even just inspirational messages.

Pros

We use this for our church. I like that you can pretty easily select different groups of people for different messages. I was involved in running Bible Study Groups and Moms groups and CCD. We originally used private email groups to send messages. This platform helped us share access and now I could have another leader see my lists and send emails easily for me.

Reasons for Switching to Flocknote

This allowed us to share lists and keep one central data base of contact information.

Response from Flocknote

Replied December 2020

Hi Therese - thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review! It sounds like you had a bit of an issue as an admin and so we'd love to provide additional training if you'd like! Simply reach out to us at help@Flocknote.com and our Happiness Engineers would love to help. :)

Matthew from St. Gabriel

Helps keep the community connected

Flocknote has allowed each ministry to maintain their own mailing list, and each parishioner to get information from the ministries that they are interested in. It protects people's information. It allows people to get info in the method they prefer: email or text. It has been great for staying connected to the community at a time when we have not been able to gather weekly.

Pros

An easy "what you see is what you get" email editor, makes it easy to create an image driven message. Keeps people's contact info private, while allowing them to be on mailing list of various groups. Allows people to receive information they way they prefer - email or text. Integrates easily with our website, so people can sign-up for mailing list on the website. It helps ministry groups list stay together even if there is a change in ministry leadership. Allows us to manage mailing list and send notes to each type of "grouping" in our whole community.

Cons

It isn't integrated with a database, it is a separate system. This is good in some ways because it is faster to just start using, but it is more work to maintain emails in two locations.

Reasons for Switching to Flocknote

This was set-up for the way Catholic churches operate. Most ministry group leadrs are volunteers and need a super simple way to get messages out and Constant Contact was complicated to give the right user levels for all the different leaders.

Response from Flocknote

Replied January 2021

Thanks so much for this review, Matthew! We really appreciate it. :)

Veronica from St. Theresa Catholic Church-Memorial park

Room for Improvement

We can reach more people with Flocknote, especially when we try to send alerts or immediate information.

Pros

I like that I can customize the information, I can attach videos, pictures, and Bishop Barron's program was a great addition.

Cons

I don't like the fact that when I use Google, the email gets cut and it doesn't display the information or you can't scroll down to see more. Also, I don't like that you can't resize pictures. I can't save elements that I use frequently, just save the recent ones. When I create a section, I have to use the arrows to move to the top, which is time-consuming when you have a lot of sections. Not common, just on Friday, September 27th I have trouble moving pictures in a part of the section.

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

We liked that Flocknote has the text feature and it's easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to Flocknote

We liked that Flocknote has the text feature and it's easier to use.

Response from Flocknote

Replied October 2019

Hi Veronica, thank you for taking a minute to leave a review! The issue you're describing is highly unusual, so I'd like to investigate this to see what may be happening here. Your email is not listed with this review, so would you mind reaching out to help@flocknote.com so that I can troubleshoot this with you? I appreciate it! :)

Bryan from Church of St. Patrick

Flocknote is a game changer

We are communicating beyond the weekly bulletin. Our reach is expanding daily to our parishioners. It is very exciting.

Pros

I like the ease of use as well as the different methods of communication. Parishioners can sign up for their groups, update their information and choose their preferred communication method. Communicating with groups has been difficult in the past, with Flocknote I can see who opened the message. It is very effective and easy to use.

Cons

Nothing It is very easy to use, and effective.

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

Solid use, excellent customer service, faith based team.

Response from Flocknote

Replied November 2019

Hi Bryan - thanks a bunch for this review! There is nothing more exciting to us than hearing how Flocknote has increased communication and engagement for churches like yours -- thank you so much for sharing these kind words! We'll be praying for you and Church St. Patrick! :)

Lisa from Our lady of the Blessed Sacrament

Flocknote feature

Overall, when someone is looking for a text/email service, I always recommend Flocknote., it's pros definitely outweigh any issues.

Pros

Being able to contact large groups, and multiple groups at a time, as well as single people is invaluablee. Having the ability to see who has read the message is vitally important. Being able to use in conjunction with Lifeteen. Is a game changer.

Cons

Not being able to pick up the phone abs talk to someone about concerns is frustrating. I have also had several issues with payments being lost or not credited.

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

Price. Flexibility, functions, word of mouth.

Response from Flocknote

Replied January 2021

So sorry for the trouble, Lisa! Did you know that we offer free support calls at Flocknote.com/call ? We'd love to chat with you and answer any questions you have at a time that works best for you! We look forward to hearing from you! :)

Shana from Our Lady of the Valley

Flocknote Values Parish Communications

While my cons would be helpful for some instances, the 99% of what we do/need from Flocknote is exceptional. And what makes it even better for me as the office admin, is that if I have a question (office hours or not), I get a response typically within a 12 to 24-hr period. This enables me to continue with my tasks/responsibilities (and not forget that I even asked a question...which in a busy parish and me now being a "senior citizen"...I have those peak days where it's like, "Did I do that or just think about doing it?" Don't laugh...much like reading glass in that 45-50 age range, it's real. I thought it was just a joke when I was in my 20s - 30s. Nope, Nope it isn't. Flocknote's Team never makes me think I'm too behind the times to utilize their software. AND...our 60+ parishioners who actually allow their phones to receive texts...LOVE the reminders! The only complaints we receive of "Stop" and "Take me off your list" is because someone changed their number without telling us and a non-parishioner ends up with it. I know, cuz I ask before I remove them. :)

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility on delivery, ability to schedule in advance (especially for holidays/holy days), ability to reuse/edit earlier communications, link a "note" to a website or larger page for those wishing more detail.

Cons

Not able to access symbols from a drop down...can't bold or italicize text for emphasis in "text" note. Can't cut/paste "responses" from "note reply".

Response from Flocknote

Replied March 2019

Hi Shana! First of all, thank you for the honest and thorough review! I'm really happy to hear that you always feel comfortable coming to us Happiness Engineers for help even if you don't feel tech-savvy-- it's our pleasure to help you in any way we can. :) You've raised some good points with the features you wish we had so I will pass this on to our developers. I appreciate the time you took to fill this review out! May God bless you!

Jeff from Holy Cross Lutheran Church

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

One week into Flocknote

We just started using this at our church, so maybe it's too early to write a review, but so far I am encouraged. For one thing, it's nice not to have all the advertising such as the free version of Sign-Up genius. One reason we're trying this is because sometimes when we send out large volume emails (i.e., to the whole congregation), some were ending up in people's spam or junk folders, and they weren't receiving them.

Pros

1. Being able to see who has opened a communication. 2. Being able to meet the member's preference for how to receive communications. 3. Nice to combine the sign-up function with the communication tool. 4. Nice to be able to set up how you want to receive replies for a particular communication. 5. Customer support seems to try really hard to help you have a good experience with it.

Cons

1. I would like a simpler way to login to the software. 2. The "Dashboard" could be more intuitive. For the new user, where do I go first? How can I see at a glance what needs my attention first? 3. For communication software like sending emails, I don't see how I can set a standard footer like most other email software. 4. You can lose what you've typed in if you get timed out by the software; this can be frustrating if you've spent a lot of time typing a longer email directly into the software (rather than copying it from Word), and it doesn't seem to remember it as an unfinished draft.

Reasons for Switching to Flocknote

A pastor friend recommended it.

Response from Flocknote

Replied February 2021

Thank you for this helpful feedback, Jeff! It has been shared with the whole team and we really appreciate your insights as a new user. If you ever have any added questions or suggestions please send an email at help@flocknote.com - we'd love to chat! :)

Jon from St. Katharine Drexel Parish

Best communication tool out there

Unolytics are a game changer. We can check and re-check which information is being sent out, and when needed confirm that messages were received by specific users. It's a huge weight off my shoulders to have such a great tool at my fingertips.

Pros

Flocknote is easy to use and puts us in direct contact with our constituents. Unolytics are a game changer. We can check and re-check which information was sent out, and when needed confirm that a message was received by specific users. It's a huge weight off my shoulders to have such a great tool at my fingertips.

Cons

I see that Flocknote is growing to incorporate other functions, such as finance tracking and people management. As it grows to accommodate more and more Catholic Church functionality, such as sacrament tracking and communication updates between baptismal/First Communion/Confirmation parishes, we will be all in.

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

It's the best thing out there.

Reasons for Switching to Flocknote

Flocknote has a more attractive user-end experience and puts us right into people's phones. It also puts the burden of communication on the user. They need to select the one email and phone number they would like us to communicate to. No more old work emails to avoid receiving emails.

Response from Flocknote

Replied September 2019

Wowza -- thanks for this stellar review, Jon! It makes us happy to know that you're happy, so we hope we continue to wow you so that you guys are "all in". God bless!

Sue from St. John Neumann Catholic Church

This software supports our mission of connectional ministry!

Although I did not have FN experience,I am a believer in using technology to connect, inspire, inform and receive feedback form the members of your Flock. Even though I was new to FN and my position, I was able show co-workers the simple easy ways they could improve communication and connection with families involved in their ministry. FN has been a miracle resource for our church in this season of COVID19! It is amazing how much more we are connected with families even in this time of Social Distancing! People are so grateful for the fun and powerful ways we have been able to bring Christ into their homes with FN.

Pros

The many ways you can create messaging including videos, graphics, polls, attachments. FN lets you manage member messaging and data for specific groups. I love that you can invite new members and they can choose groups they want to hear from.

Cons

I struggled with the learning curve as a new hire in my position. Did not have an inhouse training bu that was not FN's fault :-) What I like least is the way they present new features and invite you to try, but it actually activates buy. I know this is user error, but feel that the try should be an actual try. Only super admin should be able to activate buy feature. Would also love an outline of a training path for new users based on their ministry need. Perhaps a simple questionnaire that points new users in the right learning curve direction.

Response from Flocknote

Replied September 2020

Thanks so much for this review, Sue! If you need any additional training or have any questions/suggestions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Happiness Engineers at help@flocknote.com. God bless you and your church!

Mike from Our Lady of the Valley Catholic Church

Love the tool...exceptional tech support

Selective communication is what it's all about. We can send out specific messages to specific groups of people. Blast-o-grams to everyone, if done too often, just alienate people and they stop reading.

Pros

Easy to use. Can train parishioners on how to use this tool to manage their groups/ministries. Love the fact that we can segregate into individual groups/ministries so we only send messages that apply to THOSE people. We don't end up doing a blast-o-gram to everyone even if the topic doesn't apply to them. The tech support team is top-notch. VERY responsive, VERY helpful and they stick with you to resolve your issue.

Cons

Super-admins should be able to reset individual's passwords AND set a new password. Many times, I have the parishioner sitting in my office asking for help and all I can say is "I will reset your password, but you have to go home, check your email, and enter a new password." Super-admins should be able to do this.

Response from Flocknote

Replied February 2019

Hi Mike, we're so thankful you took the time to leave a review. We're glad you've enjoyed sending messages to individual people, small groups, or mass blasts when needed. Generally people are very private about their passwords and do not want them changed by anyone other than themselves, so we want them to have that security with Flocknote. I'm sorry about that, but thank you for letting us know that is something you're wanting. We appreciate any and all feedback! Blessings to you, Mike! :)

MARIA GUADIAN from St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church

Great Software with Top of the Line Customer Service

Our parish enjoys the benefits of the weekly email blast newsletter as it complements our Sunday church bulletin. The bulletin has a 10- day-lag period, where our weekly email blast is updated until the very last minute before being sent out. This is our way of keeping everyone much more informed with current happenings that may have missed the bulletin deadline.

Pros

The ease of the application itself in creating and sending out emails and newsletters makes this a hands-on software package that anyone can use. If I have an issue or something I need explained, the Flocknote Help Desk is so prompt at replying back and follows up to ensure the issue has been resolved. It is very UNUSUAL in this high tech world to find this kind of Customer Service!!! I have waited several days, and sometimes had to call/email again waiting for a reply to my question, which is why I can't say enough good things about FLOCKNOTE.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing NOT TO LIKE!!

Response from Flocknote

Replied February 2019

Wow, Maria...you've just made our day! We take pride in caring for our members so we're thrilled to see that you have had such a great experience with our customer service! It's so very kind of you to take the time to leave a review -- we're thankful for you. May God bless you and St. John the Evangelist! :)

Lori from City of the Lord

New to Flocknote

Very good. The program is user-friendly once you learn the ins and outs of it.

Pros

What I like most is the ability to text members, add color, graphics, surveys, and invitations with RSVPs to emails and texts. I like that the replies come to my Gmail inbox. Unlike other companies, the customer service is EXCELLENT! This is huge for me as my learning curve is straight up and down until I become familiar with the new system. I love the training videos along with the written directions as opposed to having to read all the directions. I learn best by being shown how to do something. I like how you can make groups so members get information only applicable to their group and not non-applicable information. One of the main reasons we switched over is because it provides the option to Unsubscribe. They provide scripts for Signup Sunday. I like the way our members can Unsubscribe at any time, they don't have to download anything or create a password, and they choose the groups they belong to.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to find the answer to my questions through the HELP menu. But, as I said, the Happiness Engineers have been there for me via email and or a scheduled conference call within 24 hours. It's intuitive only after training and having had some glitches in the system it caused me to question many things.

Response from Flocknote

Replied May 2019

Hi Lori! We are thrilled you have been having a great experience working with the Happiness Engineers. You mentioned you enjoyed the videos alongside the written instructions; it's nice to hear this feedback. I'm a visual learner myself, so I can definitely understand that! If you think of any ways we can make Flocknote more intuitive in general, please let us know because your thoughts directly affect how we build the site. God bless you, Lori! :)

Thomas from St. John’s Lutheran Church

A Valuable Communication Tool

My overall Flocknote experience has been incredibly positive. We originally purchased Flocknote to have a reliable system for church cancellations and special announcements, but have since discovered so many more uses for it, such as a prayer chain, Scripture devotion group, communication groups for all our church boards, etc. Also, Flocknote’s customer service is crazy fast at responding to my questions and always has the answers!

Pros

The messages are very easy to create, schedule, and send. It’s great that you can have as many groups as you need and send an unlimited amount of messages for one flat rate, so you never have to worry about going over a limit. I also like that you can give admin rights to people to create messages for certain groups without having them become a “super admin.”

Cons

I schedule several daily messages to be sent out at the same time every day, so it would be nice to be able to set a default time instead of having to type in the specific time each time I schedule a note. Also, the standard 160 character limit on text messages can be a bit short sometimes, but it also helps me stay concise!

Response from Flocknote

Replied January 2021

Thanks so much for this review, Thomas! I'll let the team know that you would love to see an easier way to set the "default" scheduling time. As for your issue with text character limits, I encourage you to visit Flocknote.com/Supertexting to learn how to send longer texts! If you have any other questions, we're here and happy to help. :)

Kelly from St. Jerome Catholic Church

St. Jerome Catholic Church

The parishioners I have signed up for Flocknote really like it, and I have more thinking they will start using it for their ministry as well. Our experience, at St. Jerome Catholic Church is just outstanding.

Pros

I love that it goes out to everyone or individually and when they respond to my message I am the only one who gets pinged. No annoyance for all the other recipients! I also love how different ministries can be set up exclusively and if others want to join that group they may. Parishioners aren't being forced to receive something on their phone or in their inbox if don't want. It is easy to learn and use, but if you do have questions or need help, the team is extremely wonderful about responding to your needs. There is so much . . . I could keep going! Love the library!

Cons

When I choose to send email, my character count is limited. So then I need to send email only because some reminders are lengthy. I chose text because I want to make sure everyone sees it right away!

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

Flocknote came highly recommended from a nearby parish, St. Paul's.

Response from Flocknote

Replied July 2019

Hi Kelly, you've just made our day with these kind words! The greatest blessing for us is when we hear how Flocknote has been helpful for our customers, so thank you for sharing. I do want to point out that there is not a character limit for email -- I think that may have been a typo and you meant "text". If so, yes you are correct that there is a 160 character limit for texts. This is because when texts are too long, some cell carriers break them up into two texts and it causes confusion for recipients. Also, the great thing about texting is that they are usually short and sweet and to the point, which people tend to enjoy. However, I'll pass on your feedback to the team - we really appreciate it! :)

Alexander from Our Lady of Grace Parish

Great Communications Tool

Great way to communicate with our flock! We wish we could get everyone in the parish to use it immediately, but that will take a lot of time. We love the experience and it has put us more in touch with many of our parishioners!

Pros

Extremely easy to implement and administer! Parishioners have found it very easy to signup and utilize. They love getting up-to-date information about events and activities at the parish. Having the ability to implement different groups for the various parish organizations is awesome for communicating directly with target ministries.

Cons

It would be nice to have a larger character limit for text messages.

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

We were not using an alternative software product.

Response from Flocknote

Replied December 2019

Woohoo -- thanks for leaving us a review, Alexander. We appreciate it so much! I do want to clarify why there is a 160 character limit on texts. The primary reason is so that we can ensure that every cell carrier delivers each text as one single message. Beyond 160, some carriers will cut off extra characters into a second text, which would, for example, break any links that you included or just generally cause confusion. What you can do is send multiple text messages and put footnotes (1/3, 2/3, 3/3) at the end of your text so that members know that there are multiple parts to your text. I hope this is helpful info but if you have any other questions or suggestions, just shoot us an email to help@flocknote.com. ;)

Kirk from Sherwood Baptist Church

Great app for churches!

Flocknote has helped our church communicate in a more efficient way. Making it easier for multiple note senders has been a blessing.

Pros

I like its​ ease of use and reliable. The fact that was built for churches and has features that churches need. I like how easy it is to manage groups and multiple note senders. The subscription price is well worth it.

Cons

Just a few things that I'd like to see improvement on. 1. I'd like to have the option to make it ​​ default or a setting to always include all recipients whether or not they only receive text/emails. In other words, when I send a text, I want it to always include the email only people. Right now, you have to check a box to include them. 2. I'd like to be able to choose having notes sent to both email and text at the same time – not just one of the other.

Reasons for Switching to Flocknote

had issues sending text messages to multiple people

Response from Flocknote

Replied August 2019

Hi Kirk, thanks for this review! I'm glad you've been enjoying Flocknote so far. You mentioned you wished the default setting was changed for delivery to both text and email and I wanted to clarify this a bit. We had seen it before where admins were working late at night and sent out an email and it went out as a text as well accidentally. For this reason, we wanted to make sure the option to send a text in addition to sending an email (and vice versa like what you described) was completely intentional and opted into with that little checkbox. I hope this is helpful, but if you'd like to discuss this some more, feel free to send us an email to help@flocknote.com and we'll be happy to chat! :)

Nicole from Our Lady of the Woods

Fantastic Service with Small Kinks

Pros

The transparency is incredibly helpful for an organization run by volunteers. It is invaluable to know when people do and do not read their messages. The ability to see who opens messages gives us a broader insight into what information is actually being disseminated. Also, the response time of your customer service and tech support is fantastic! I hope we won't see this falter as your company grows.

Cons

We dislike that you must check the delivery box for those who have opted into texting. It is inconvenient and often leads to parishioners not receiving messages. If we choose to message everyone in a group...why would we want to purposefully leave the texting parishioners out?! It would be much more convenient to "uncheck" for texting if you want to be sensitive of time of day. However, when a priest wants to email his flock...he doesn't want half of the flock to not get the message because they opted to text and he forgot to check the box. We dislike that you cannot respond to messages with an attachment. If this is being marketed as a "better than email" messaging system, it is unfortunate that we cannot add attachments when replying. It is absolutely not conducive to business.

Response from Flocknote

Replied July 2019

Hi Nicole - thanks for this great review! I'm glad you've had a great experience with our Happiness Engineers and we promise that top-notch customer service will always be at the forefront of our company! I'm sorry you've had issues with the need to check those delivery boxes, but this is good feedback and I appreciate the honesty. If you think of anything else that we could improve upon, send it our way at help@flocknote.com. :)

Lori from St. Benedict Church

Keeping parishioners in the loop has never been easier

We would heartily recommend Flocknote to other parishes as an easy solution for effectively communicating with parishioners through the digital medium.

Pros

Flocknote is a great tool for getting the word out about parish liturgies and events. Bad weather? Let your parishioners know with a few simple steps. Parish meeting? Remind attendees of the time and place. Interested in knowing if parishioners are coming to an event? Send out a simple survey to which they can easily respond. Flocknote has made communicating with our parishioners very easy and amidst busy parish life, easy is good! And, if even if you aren't the most tech savvy person, fear not, for the Flocknote Happiness Engineers (support staff) are easy to get in touch with and respond quickly with easy solutions.

Cons

There is a small learning curve in order to familiarize yourself with all that Flocknote can do, but if you spend a little time on it each week, you'll feel like a pro in no time.

Response from Flocknote

Replied March 2019

Hi Lori -- wow what a glowing review! It was so kind of you to take some time amidst busy parish life to leave some sweet words for us at Flocknote! We appreciate you and it's our pleasure to serve you so that you can do the real important work in your ministry. God bless! :)

Meghan from LED FastStart

I really want to like it

I really want to like it. It helped me as a new staff member of the church come in and not have to use my personal email or the church’s email which I don’t have access to for communication but it’s just difficult to use sometimes. And to have to pay for something that’s difficult to use makes me rethink using it constantly. I’m going to keep trying hoping the design will become more functional as time goes on.

Pros

I like that communications are centralized, it’s easy to go back and find notes that were sent, it’s easy to add people. I like that you can see when an email has bounced or is unopened. I like that you can text a group without creating a new group every time there’s a change to the group.

Cons

I find that some of the features are hard to use and the format is lacking in organization. The app seems to not work as well as the website, for instance I can edit group settings in the app. It seems also that the analytical information disappears after a day or so on the app. I’m also not fond of having to contact customer service to change anything about of actual church settings. The format could be better organized. I don’t need to see that I have 15 deleted notes that I can’t permanently delete. Or why it always tells me I’ve saved a note or the auto saved notes how does that even happen?

Response from Flocknote

Replied July 2019

Hi Meghan, I'm so sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been up to snuff! We'd love to turn things around for you, so please check your email for something from us! We hope you continue to use Flocknote and continue to provide us with honest feedback so we can improve and give you the 5 star experience in the future! :)

Norely from Christ Our Redeemer

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great starting point to better communication

The ease of communication and response without having to download an app is key. There is still room to grow but I look forward to seeing it happen.

Pros

Ease of use (as easy as sending a text), quick readability(they even have a nice preview before you hit send), easy individual response(the parishioners simply respond to the text with another text that only the admins receive), and grouping options, it expedites communication to be able to place people in several sub groups and be able to communicate just as easily with individuals as with groups. Parents appreciate the ease of a quick text with out having to download yet another app, and it's nice to see who is opening messages and communicating too.

Cons

This is a great program, it just still has room to grow. I find that I am in need of a community calendar where people can see all upcoming events; a notification system for actions that need to be taken ie: if a message got a response, if you have a new user that wants to join a group (being the super admin it can be a lot of threads to check); to be able to send or post an image (I do understand that ups the data usage significantly); and this could be user ignorance, but I would like for there to be a way to link families, multiple children with/under their parents account.

Response from Flocknote

Replied September 2018

Hi Norely! Thanks so much for your positive review :-) I just wanted to follow up and confirm you are correct, there is no way to link families together at this time, but that's something we're actively trying to solve behind the scenes, so stay tuned!

Jerry from Church of the Incarnation

Excellent Communication Tool

Increasing effective communication with less people being "left out" - and more people being "in the know" to the latest events, news, and other info.

Pros

This software is a robust communication tool with an easy interface; excellent tools, great organization, effective tutorials, and superior customer service

Cons

Perhaps be able to replicate emails as texts and vice versa. . . Be able to mass email/text those who have not "read" the messages (perhaps it can already do that - not sure?). . .

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

I've used Flocknote in another parish and was impressed by its ease of use and effectiveness; I recommended it based on my use in the past and its amazing functionality, organization, and customer service; it's the best out there- truly the best! It's far easier than other products and much more user-friendly - especially dealing with a large parish like we have here at Incarnation. Parishsoft has a potential tool similar to Flocknote, but it's still in the experimental stage and far more expensive. The cost of Flocknote is a bargain for what you get; again the best of its type currently on the market.

Response from Flocknote

Replied October 2019

Hi Jerry - thanks for taking time out of your day to leave us this positive review! You mentioned that you would like to replicate emails as texts and vice versa and I may be able to clarify some things and have a workaround for ya. You can email us at help@flocknote.com and we'd be happy to help. ;)

Tamara from Baptist Student Ministry of Montgomery County Texas

Best way to connect!

TTJ makes communicating with everyone involved easy. I LOVE being able to schedule texts & push everyone toward more information on my webpage. Easy to use & affordable!

Pros

In a ministry to college students I was looking for the BEST way to connect with students, who text ALL THE TIME. With TTJ I can communicate to everyone involved in seconds, schedule weekly texts, push everyone toward more information on my webpage, as well as give students the ease of TTJ - something they are very used to. Flocknote is easy & affordable! I'm a BIG fan of UNO & Flocknote!

Cons

1) I wish I could see a list of individuals who do not engage with my texts. Either individuals who "turn off" all texts & emails (ie: those who do not wish to be rude and ask to STOP). Of if I'd get a notification if someone turns everything "off" - So I can remove them. 2) I would be helpful if individuals were forced to add @ LEAST their first name when they TTJ. (It is helpful to see the date that they join).

Response from Flocknote

Replied June 2019

Hey Tamara! Wow - what a review! Thanks so much for taking a few minutes to provide us some feedback; we love hearing this! We are actually working on new features to address members who have opted out of notifications so I encourage you to stay tuned! If you think of any more suggestions, please send us an email at help@flocknote.com. God bless you, Tamara. :)

Beth from Cathedral of Mary Our Queen

Awesome customer service and easy to use

Pros

The Flocknote team is so helpful, and I appreciate all their assistance! The tools are very user friendly. I can also do stuff on the go - send emails and texts from my phone... really helpful if a snow day is called and I'm on my way to work - I can pull over (safety first!) and send a text to our parish/school from my phone!

Cons

I wish it could have some more sophisticated reporting (i.e. overall open rates per person, excel lists of which groups each person is in, etc.).

Response from Flocknote

Replied February 2019

Hi Beth! Thank you for writing in with a great review! We love hearing that you can alert your parish/school of cancellations on-the-go from your phone. You also had a great suggestion that you'd like some more reporting features. I'll let the developers know about this! P.S. Thanks for staying safe! :)

Jacqueline from Our Lady of Grace Church

Room for improvement

My overall experience with Flocknote has been very good.

Pros

Easy to send an email or text to the whole ministry group. Easy to include graphics to make the communications more appealing so it gets opened and read after you send. Love the fact that I know you opened the communication and who did not open their communication. It is very helpful to know that.

Cons

Missing features: If I send out a text/email reminder and I want to send the same text/email reminder to the same individual persons that I listed, it would be great that when I "duplicated" it, the names would also pop up. This would give me the option to send reminders to the same group of people. I find myself copying the note but having to type in the same list of people each time. This is tedious. Also, it would be great if I had the option to have a signup link in my text. The only option I see in the text option is to add a picture. The other feature that would be great is if I can use another person as the sender. Many times, I want our administative assistance to be the "from" sender while I write the note. That way, if families respond to the email, it goes straight to my admin and not back to me.

Response from Flocknote

Replied January 2021

Thanks for this review, Jacqueline! There are a couple of features you mentioned were missing that we actually do have options for, so I'm going to reach out to you from help@flocknote.com to walk you through how to set those up, so be on the lookout for that soon!

Communication Within the Flock

Overall I am very satisfied with Flocknote. The group that uses it numbers over 75 now, so we use the paid option, and it's worth every penny for the increased and streamlined communication.

Pros

Flocknote is a messaging app that allows you to connect with people in your church more easily. Since signing our ward up for the software, communication has become a breeze. There are people in my church I didn't even think to reach out to, but because we're all on the same system, I can find their contact info and let them know what's happening. It's made my life as a visiting teacher much easier.

Cons

My one gripe (if you could call it that) is a lack of integrated Bitmoji software. A lot of the kids in my church (and their moms) use Bitmoji in regular text conversations, so it'd be great to have that option built into the app. Other than that, it's great!

Response from Flocknote

Replied July 2019

Thanks for this fantastic review! Haha I'm a Bitmoji fan myself, so I've passed this info along to the team. Thanks for coming to us with your honest feedback and ideas. Feel free to reach out to us at help@flocknote.com if you have any others. :)

Damaris from Archdiocese of Los Angeles

Great tool for churches

Overall, it has been a great experience, I cant imagine doing ministry without it

Pros

The features for setting up groups, scheduling emails and text messages has made keeping regular, two-way communication easier for our ministry

Cons

I wish you could improve the color selector, I have found a way to get the colors I want, but it but it is a 3 step process. A larger color wheel would be nice and a color picker (like the eye dropper in publisher) would be so helpful especially since I like to color coordinate my emails

Response from Flocknote

Replied February 2021

Thanks for leaving a review and providing this feedback, Damaris! Your thoughts on the color wheel and formatting have been shared with the team as we update the site. In the meantime, I recommend utilizing color hex codes to get exact color matches. :)

Brian from Holy Cross Catholic Church

Great Product Getting Better

I send a weekly Flocknote message containing Scott Hahn's Sunday Gospel reflections to everyone in the parish. I schedule these emails to go out at 11 a.m. on Saturday morning to allow the reader time to digest the message before hearing the Gospel read at Mass. I have had a few reply with the "STOP" message, but only a few...

Pros

Flocknote allows the admin/user to communicate easily via text message or email (or both) with one message for an entire group of people. As a DRE in the Midwest it is all too common to have to cancel classes on short notice due to weather conditions. If all parents/families are registered to the platform they will get a message early enough to notify them of a cancellation.

Cons

I would really like the ability to copy and paste images.

Response from Flocknote

Replied February 2019

Woohoo! Thank you so much for lending your time to give us this great review! It's amazing to hear you've been able to reach members on short notice for cancelations due to weather -- great use of Flocknote! While you can certainly upload images, it's really helpful to hear your copy and paste suggestion. If you have any more, send them our way at help@flocknote.com. Blessings to you!

Fr. John from Diocese of Tucson

Flocknote, Parishes and Dioceses

Very positive. Some parishes came on board very quickly, saw the value and became users. Others are, for reasons that are difficult to discern, more reluctant.

Pros

Easy to use, looks clean and professional, but can also be warm and familiar. It is a tool with a lot of utility.

Cons

Seems to intimidate those unfamiliar with the technology or the discipline of Church social media

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

I was user already at the parish and then brought it to the Diocese.

Reasons for Switching to Flocknote

Catholic content and customer support

Response from Flocknote

Replied January 2021

Thank you so much for the review, Fr. John! We really appreciate it. :)

KATRINA from queen of angels roman catholic church

Pretty Simple

So far So good

Pros

The best thing about this platform is texting the parishioners without having to use my personal cell phone. Plus it's easy to use and you don't have to have an I.T team

Cons

When I import a contact list or approve a request it does not check for duplicate contacts .

Response from Flocknote

Replied April 2019

Hi Katrina, thanks for the helpful review! I'm glad you enjoy our built-in privacy settings which allow you to text without giving out your personal cell number! I understand you've been having issues with duplicate contacts and we have some handy tricks to help keep your lists clean. Would you mind reaching out to us at help@flocknote.com? One of our Happiness Engineers would be more than happy to send you some tips. :)

Eva from St. John Neumann Catholic Church

Simple Communication Tool

Pros

The ability to target a specific ministry or multiple ministries for communication is a big plus for our church. The text feature has given us 100% engagement. The bounce back list is a great tool to correct emails. The templates for emails are sorted by relevant seasons and adds a professional look to our emails.

Cons

The limited text characters. It could be increased by about 20-30 characters.

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

Our Diocese started using Flocknote and encouraged other parishes to utilize it.

Response from Flocknote

Replied December 2019

Well hello there, Eva. We're so glad that St. John Neumann has seen 100% engagement with Flocknote -- praise God! I appreciate you taking the time to leave this kind review and share that. I did want to add that the primary reason for the text character count limit is so we can ensure that every cell carrier delivers each text as one single message. Beyond 160, some carriers will cut off extra characters into a second text, which would, for example, break any links that you included or just generally cause confusion. What you can do is send multiple text messages and put footnotes (1/3, 2/3, 3/3) at the end of your text so that members know that there are multiple parts to your text. I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, shoot us an email to help@flocknote.com. God bless you. :)

Polly from Abundant Life Church

We are so grateful for Flocknote!

This is the first time that our church has been on one communication tool all together. I think it will make all of what we are doing more organized, more transparent, and more timely. Thank you for this!

Pros

We have been so pleased with all that Flocknote has offered us as a church leadership team! We love that we are all on the same platform and that we can make our notes look so professional in just minutes. Also, we love having the ability to have groups so that not everyone has to receive all of the information we need to send out.

Cons

I have been surprised at how hard it is for some of our people to get signed up, only because they aren't very tech savvy. It's certainly not Flocknote's fault, but it has been shocking at how much energy and time we've spent getting people on board.

Response from Flocknote

Replied April 2019

Hey Polly, thanks for this positive review! You mentioned you have had some issues with members signing up, so we'd love to work 1on1 with you to see how we can help streamline this process at Abundant Life. Please reach out to help@flocknote.com and one of our Happiness Engineers would be happy to help in any way they can. :)

Brad from St. Faustina Parish

Flocknote People assessment

We have no Parish Registry and our recording of Sunday offering is done in Excel.

Pros

Ease of use. Well organized and stable.

Cons

I'm particularly interested in next development cycle (import, reports, receipts..) I would like to be able to duplicate batches from a previous month. We have electronic giving for 55 individuals who give the same amount monthly. Additionally I'd like to be able modify fund designations as well as remove designations where there is no $ amount. Renaming or removing batches would be helpful as well as exporting batches in its entirety. Recording of fund campaigns would be a nice addition.

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

Communicate piece. We are still evaluating Flocknote People.

Response from Flocknote

Replied December 2019

Hiya Brad -- thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! Good news -- we are currently working on some new developments, including some of the features you mentioned you'd like to see. I will share all your suggestions with our development team as they work on those new features. I appreciate your feedback! :)

Brian from BN Solutions

Group messaging is easy

I am pretty happy with this web service, especially regarding the low service charge.

Pros

It is very easy to manage different groups of contacts for different purposes. I can easily email or send text messages to different groups. Text messages can be scheduled for sending later. The monthly service fee is affordable for limited budget organizations.

Cons

Only 160 characters are allowed per message. It has an issue with typing different languages. I have to type in MS Word then cut and paste to FlockNote message editor. It does not support voice messages.

Response from Flocknote

Replied May 2019

Well hello there, Brian! Thank you for taking a few minutes to leave us a great review. We do our best to keep costs down for our members so I'm glad you have found the service affordable on a limited budget. I also wanted to clarify that we actually do offer the ability for voice/phone calls with Flocknote. If you'd like to learn more, I encourage you to check out this link: tinyurl.com/flocknotephonecalls God bless! :)

Barbara from Divine Mercy Parish

Bring Your Parishioners Together

Pros

Our parishioners are more informed than ever of all the events and ministries at our parish. We have had more participation from parishioners and have closed the communication gap we seemed to have by just publishing a weekly paper bulletin to had out at church. Sending out a weekly e-mail Newsletter using Flocknote has given us the ability to reach parishioners that may be unable to come to church. In addition, parishioners have the ability to update their contact information, thus improving on our church database.

Cons

Somewhat difficult to use the special features.

Response from Flocknote

Replied February 2019

Hi Barbara! Woohoo -- so great to hear the communication gap in your church has been closed! We are continuing to improve features for your church database so stay tuned! If you come across any difficulty, reach out to us with your questions or feedback at any time to help@flocknote.com. God bless!

Rebecca from Purdue University

Great for parish updates!

Pros

Flocknote helps send awesome, professional-looking emails out to all of the members of our church community. The formatting is great and helps us keep all of our updates organized, which is especially helpful since we host lots of events for student parishoners.

Cons

One thing I don't like is that replies to the emails can be seen my any general members of the community. I wish that there were a way to make replies private if needed.

Response from Flocknote

Replied May 2018

Hi Rebecca, We're over the moon to hear that you all are finding Flocknote helpful for sending updates to your church community! I have good news for you, there is a way for members to leave private replies so they aren't visible to non-admins. If someone replies directly to an email or text, the reply will be private by default and display with a padlock next to the replier's name. If they click the reply button within ther email to reply to the note online, there will be a checkbox in the text area they can click to mark the comment as private. Additionally you do have the option to turn off public replies when you are composing a note by selecting the Comments button and adjusting the settings found there. To see this in action, we have a great training video here: http://flocknote.com/training/comments-and-replies I hope this helps :) If you have any other questions, feel free to reach us anytime at help@flocknote.com God bless, Kaitlin R. Flocknote Happiness Engineer

Phyllis from St. John the Baptist-Holy Angels Parish

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

The Key to Engaging Our People

We have over 4,000 members in our church, 2,000 of which are Hispanic. Many of these do not speak English. I can send out bilingual newsletters to help bridge the gap between the two communities. We also have a school. The Text feature of Flocknote allows us to quickly notify people of weather closings, meeting changes, etc.

Pros

Can reach a large number of people with little effort and in a short time. Sent message out to over 1,900 and within the first hour over 700 people had read it! I like the fact that I can see who has not opened their email, how many people clicked on links in the message and which emails were not valid. I like having the ability develop groups and to assign administrators to the groups so they can engage their people.

Cons

The Unolytics. Actually I like them the best but I do not understand the numbers and percentages sometimes. They don't always seem to add up. So the actually con is my understanding of how the unolytics work.

Response from Flocknote

Replied May 2019

Hey Phyllis, it always makes our day to hear that Flocknote has helped another church! We'd love to look into your questions about the Unolytics, so would you mind reaching out to us at help@flocknote.com? We'd be happy to walk you through those numbers and make sure everything's running smoothly on your account. We really appreciate you! :)

David from Prince of Peace Catholic Church

Saves Time and Increases Participation

Pros

I like the customer support most. It is by far the best of any type of subscription program I have used. FLOCKNOTES is designed for ease of use. It has a short learning curve. The percentage reached feature allows me to scrub my rosters and check up on the reasons non-responses. I found the exporting feature is way-simple to use.

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

I am actually using both. Depends upon the desired response.

Response from Flocknote

Replied November 2019

Hi Deacon David -- we're so thankful to you for this kindhearted review. Our pleasure in life is to make sure you have the support you need, so I'm glad you've enjoyed working with our Happiness Engineers. All feedback is welcome, so I'll be sure to pass on your thoughts on responses to the team! Thank you for all that you do! :)

Steven from Webs and More

Notes to the FLOCK using Flocknote

Flocknote has made it very easy to communicate with small groups, large groups and individuals.

Pros

We use Flocknote to e-mail information to our congregation. It works really well due to the ability to separate what goes out to certain groups. Our Bible Fellowship Groups use it to e-mail their members. We are able to duplicate e-mails and schedule these e-mails to be sent in the future. It is easy to compose the e-mails and the instructions and hints that you are given as you compose the e-mails make it very easy to do.

Cons

I am not sure what I like least - there is just so much to like that anything that I can think of just gets cancelled out.

RUBEN from Birdville Church Of Christ

Versatile option for broadcasting notices to some or all of the membership.

A newsletter is not received in a timely manner. This systems allows the fastest way to reach members. In the past member calling members was slow and sometimes missed people. Generally, most people prefer this system after a few messages are sent. Overall we are satisfied with this product.

Pros

This product will reach the membership via text messages, phone calls (extra charge per voice call) or by email. Other solutions may only have text messages or recorded messages. This will reach members who do not want text messages. Members who respond to texts will not be able to send their responses to all on the message list. Messages may be prepared in advance and sent out at a specified time and day.

Cons

Caller IDs and text messages IDs do not show church name or Flocknote as the originator. Only a out of area Area Code Number is displayed. This discourages recipients to answer the call or open the text. The number of members shown as reached is always 100%. The mobile app does not give admins access to all features, must use a computer to use all features.

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

Free trial gives us the chance to test the system and ask questions as needed. The main reason this was chosen was the ability to reach members by home phone and by text messages.

Response from Flocknote

Replied September 2019

Hiya Ruben. Wowza, we appreciate this review! Your feedback doesn't go unnoticed; we go through the good and the bad to be sure that we continue to improve and wow you more and more. If you think of any more features within Flocknote you would like to change or improve upon, send us an email to help@flocknote.com. We appreciate you, Ruben. :)

Randy from Sacred Heart

A+ Support Team - Happiness Engineers

The elderly got it immediately. That speaks volumes to the truth of the software. We have like a 75% penetration rate already.

Pros

The software is highly integrated at a systems level. It is flexible allowing any kind of element to be published as a communication. The integration with Word on Fire is the key reason I use it. The happiness engineers are like brothers and sisters. You can rely on them. They answer back like a sibling does. They're loyal and always have your back.

Cons

The discussion groups are the most important part of the software for interactive learning and sharing. It is unclear how well it works. I see the discussion feature, but I'm just not sure what the end user's experience is, so no matter how I set it up, I was never sure (and am still not), on if the parish members felt engaged or not. Social media software has to be the replacement for a community. Do I feel like I'm in the same room with people? Not so much.

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

Flocknote is as close to Facebook as it gets. But, with Flocknote, you can trust your constituents.

Reasons for Switching to Flocknote

Lack of centralization. Control of interface to spread across our multiple parishes.

Response from Flocknote

Replied January 2021

Thanks so much for this review, Randy! I have shared this feedback with the team and we really appreciate hearing your thoughts on Flocknote so far. If you have any other feedback, suggestions, or questions in general, don't hesitate to reach out to us at help@flocknote.com. We'd also be happy to hop on a phone call at any time. You can schedule a call at a time that works best for you at Flocknote.com/call. Have a great day and God bless!

Joseph from St. Edward Catholic Church

Great! I recommend them!

Love it! They're great! I definitely recommend! Plus it's free for small groups and cheap for medium sized groups.

Pros

Easy to use, friendly interface and customer service people. It's easy to get started and they don't overcomplicate there task of communication.

Cons

Text limits. It was just a challenge to fit all I wanted to say in the character limit of a text message.

Reasons for Choosing Flocknote

Easy explanation, free at first.

Response from Flocknote

Replied September 2019

Hi Joseph -- thanks for this review! It's always great to hear that our customers are enjoying the software. You're right that the character limit for texts is 160 characters. The primary reason for this is so we can ensure that every cell carrier delivers each text as one single message. Beyond 160, some carriers will cut off extra characters into a second text, which would, for example, break any links that you included or just generally cause confusion. Also, the beauty of texts is that they are short and sweet. However, if you want to send longer texts, I recommend sending multiple texts and adding (1of3, 2of3, 3of3) footers at the bottom to eliminate confusion. I hope this helps, but reach out to us at help@flocknote.com if you have any other questions. :)

Vickie from St. Timothy Catholic Church

Yup, Flocknote is effective and efficient!

Finding a way for our ministries to communicate within their groups has been a challenge. No more with Flocknote! While some are slower to adopt (and adapt) than others, it is catching on and we LOVE it!

Pros

To be honest, it's as if Flocknote does the thinking for users. If a feature isn't obvious, there's a tutorial to answer the question. If any questions arise, Flocknote Happiness Engineers are THE SINGULAR BEST "help" team ever assembled. I think I want to be a Happiness Engineer when I grow up!

Cons

The single ONLY complaint is no built-in spell check for emails and newsletters.

Response from Flocknote

Replied April 2019

Hi Vickie! I shared this review with our team and it brought a smile to all the Happiness Engineers' faces. Thank you so much for taking time to send along some words of kindness -- we appreciate it more than you know! I just let the developers know about your interest in a spell check feature -- thanks for keeping us sharp! :) God bless!

Rick from St Mark’s Church

EXCELLENT product.

We use Flocknote for all of our church communications. We run two weekly newsletters, and our in-The-moment announcements and messaging. It makes us look like we know what we’re doing!

Pros

It looks great. It’s relatively intuitive and easy to use. The people in our church love it. We’re able to embed documents, pictures, and video. AND, text messaging is included.

Cons

Sometimes the iOS app is buggy. Oftentimes I have to abandon the app, and use the web version on my desktop. Because I primarily use an iPad, it’s sometimes a pain.

Response from Flocknote

Replied May 2019

Aww shucks! Thank you for your positive review Rick. We're so happy to hear everyone at St. Mark's is enjoying flocknote. If you ever run into a problem with the iOS app on your phone or your ipad - just drop us a line at help@flocknote.com or using the chat feature on our site and we'll get any bugs over to our developers to fix ASAP :) Have a great week!

Tim from Stewardship Committee

Great for committee use

We have a lot of email contact that is necessary for multiple projects we are doing. Having it all organized into one place has been amazing. Love being able to add quotes and GIFs to spruce it up a little. Hopefully will be able to expand this to the rest of our church once we get comfortable with it.

Pros

We have in the past year started a stewardship committee at our church. It was becoming very tedious to manage email and text contact until we tried Flocknotes. Now all is in the same location and the back and forth is much easier to manage.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve to get the most out of it and several people on the committee still don't participate as a user finding it to much trouble. It is different that regular email for sure but the biggest problem is just getting people to accept something new (and better!).

Response from Flocknote

Replied September 2019

Woohoo, Tim - thanks for your review of Flocknote! I'm thrilled to hear that your once tedious lists are now all in one location and easier to manage. You mentioned that there was a bit of a learning curve and so we'd love to hear your thoughts on this and if there was any way we could have better supported you along the way. Just send us an email to help@flocknote.com. :)

Joseph from St James Minor

Industry: Information Services

Flocknote review

Our pastor often encourages people to "take home a bulletin and refer to it during the week." It seems the office is inundated with the same phone calls week after week. "What time is Mass" or "What can I leave at the cemetery?" Flocknote is the perfect tool for communicating with parishioners in a top-of-the-mind manner. We can send out Mass schedules just before Holy Day or cemetery protocols before Memorial Day. Things people forget by Thursday. I must add, the tech support from the "Happiness Engineers" is fast & accurate, even if the name is a little cutesy.

Pros

I love the manner in which everything is laid out. It's easy to use & there is very little clutter per page. Often it seems software designers get gimmicky, trying to show off for other designers and forgetting what it is like for people who really do not like steep learning curves. Even my pastor, who once asked "Do they deliver e-mail on Sunday?" is getting the hang of it.

Cons

Labels on the buttons are sometimes a little too cutesy and I pause, wondering if I should click on a button that says "Wahoo!"

Response from Flocknote

Replied June 2019

Hi, Joseph! I'm glad you, your parish, and your pastor have found Flocknote easy to use! We appreciate any and all feedback, so it's nice hearing your personal take on everything. If you think of any way we can improve, send us an email to help@flocknote.com. We take your feedback seriously. :) Blessings to St. James Minor!