• icon"I like the ability for our Parish office to get in contact with everyone quickly."
  • icon"The software is highly integrated at a systems level. It is flexible allowing any kind of element to be published as a communication."
  • icon"The software grows with you, so if you have a ministry under 40 contacts, it is free to use, and the pricing above that is very reasonable."
  • icon"Not being able to pick up the phone abs talk to someone about concerns is frustrating. I have also had several issues with payments being lost or not credited."
  • icon"Seems to intimidate those unfamiliar with the technology or the discipline of Church social media."
  • icon"Not common, just on Friday, September 27th I have trouble moving pictures in a part of the section."

Browse all Flocknote Reviews

• Have you used Flocknote and would like to share your experience with others?

Andrew R

September 2022

Top Notch Church Management and Configuration Software

By switching from primarily email-based communications to a primarily SMS-based communications, we have greatly increased our open rate and our engagement with our congregation.

Pros

I love that Flocknote has designed their product with church-based users in mind; the templates and defaults prioritize the needs and address the challenges of church leaders. I also appreciate how Flocknote provides excellent, individualized customer service and is constantly adding and improving features.

Cons

I'd love to see a more robust feature where users with landlines can receive audio versions of the messages.

Reasons for choosing Flocknote

Maturity of the product and integrated people-management solution.

Response from Flocknote

Hi Andrew, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this awesome review and feedback! I am so glad to hear that you're able to reach and connect with your members more effectively through Flocknote! We are thankful for you. :) God bless!

Replied September 2022

Excellent tool for communicating

We, as a church community and retreat center, need to be able to keep lists of different groups of people and to send them information in a stylish and attractive manner that also lets us communicate back and forth with them using multiple methods. Flocknote is excellent for this.

Pros

I love that I can keep track of all our families in one place. I love that you can email and text at the same time depending on what the users want. I love that you can choose multiple groups to send to and customize each note with style. I love that you can see who has opened your message and read it. I love that you can send polls, rsvp’s, and more.

Cons

I wished it could track people more like a database as well which they got closer to with added features but which cost extra.

Reasons for choosing Flocknote

All the reasons listed above.

Reasons for switching to Flocknote

We were using excel sheets, PDS, and Outlook to create lists and groups. None of these did all these things together and none did them very well. We still use Excel to keep track of certain things, but Flocknote has made life much easier.

Response from Flocknote

Heya James! We appreciate your time and consideration leaving us a review. It's great to hear that you've been loving Flocknote so far and enjoy many of its features! We recently released Flocknote People (an add-on subscription) which is a smarter way to manage your members. If you have any suggestions or feedback about this new subscription, I encourage you to let us know at help@flocknote.com. We'd be happy to discuss how we could make this program a better fit for Our Lady of the Angels. :)

Replied September 2019

Philip

We gave it a shot

The benefit is a cost savings to the church by saving your expenses of doing mail out letters throughout the year.

Pros

Flocknote provides an email and text solution for your church, and they do a good job of it. Another pro is that you are able to have ono-to-one text conversations through the system. This is a huge benefit that you need form your texting provider.

Cons

Two things: the first is, it was a little pricey for our ministry. As we began to look around, we found other solutions that offered equal or better features for less cost. Also, FlockNote does not offer text giving. We wanted a provider that would allow us to communicate to our members as well as provide a simple way for them to be able to give via text.

Response from Flocknote

Thank you for those kind words, Philip! We're so thankful you gave us a try :) What software did you all find worked better for your church? Blessings, Kait Rawley Flocknote Marketing Help@flocknote.com

Replied July 2018

Judi

Handy tool for ministry

Overall, I enjoy using Flocknote very much. The crew is great to work with and the designers of the program are constantly working to add new products or to improve the product and welcome suggestions from their customers.

Pros

The feature I most looked forward to, and appreciate as I use it, is the statistics that are given after a message is sent. I can see who has opened the email, how many people have clicked on each imbedded link, & whose email kicked it back. It is also very easy to add links, videos, and images with this software. The staff is quick to respond, friendly, and eager to help their customers. Love their little punny remarks, too.

Cons

I like to use gifs but the gif program with Flocknotes is not the best. It only shows one image at a time, so you have to constantly click next and it takes a few moments for the next image to load. I don't think I have ever found a gif that I have liked or used.

Reasons for choosing Flocknote

For me, ParishSoft email didn't work so I always had to use my google account. No other messaging software offered the ability to see the analytics (called Unolytics) of who opened the message.

Reasons for switching to Flocknote

Diocesan wide option to work with Flocknote, which was also marketed with eCatholic. I would say this was a product that was much needed in the field, and Matt Warner and Matt Sewell presented the software well to a business of leery, older, tech scared people!

Response from Flocknote

Thanks so much for this review, Judi - we really appreciate it. Also, if you prefer another GIF tool online, you can always find the exact one you want, save it to your computer, and upload it to your note via the Image Feature. Hope that's helpful! :)

Replied February 2021

Cynthia

Outstanding Customer Service

Communication has been an ongoing problem for us. Flocknote helps us communication better with our people. Their customer service has been great at helping us with problems or issues.

Pros

A company can make the best product available; but, if the customer service and support is lacking the product will never work to it's fullest potential. That is what makes Flocknote stand out from other software companies.

Cons

It works best when you use the app. We didn't know that at first or would have encouraged our people to use that from the beginning. It does take some getting used to and there might be ways to make the app more user friendly.

Reasons for choosing Flocknote

Some of our congregation prefer emails and Flocknote lets the user determine which way they want to receive information through email or text.

Reasons for switching to Flocknote

We dropped that program because no one in our congregation could figure out how to use it. Even leadership had problems with it's use. We just could never get everyone on board.

Response from Flocknote

It's always a happy day at Flocknote when we get a review as stellar as this one, Cynthia! We really care about our customers and we're glad you've seen that in our customer support. You mentioned that the app could be more user-friendly and we take this constructive feedback to heart as well! If you have any suggestions for how we could improve your experience, feel free to send us an email to help@flocknote.com. God bless The Village Church. :)

Replied October 2019

Therese

Flocknote for Mom’s Group and CCD

I have used Flocknotes to get messages out to my groups I ran recently. But I am also on the receiving end for Mass updates and CCD updates for my kids. It has allowed our Parish to have a system to contact a large group at once about important information or even just inspirational messages.

Pros

We use this for our church. I like that you can pretty easily select different groups of people for different messages. I was involved in running Bible Study Groups and Moms groups and CCD. We originally used private email groups to send messages. This platform helped us share access and now I could have another leader see my lists and send emails easily for me.

Cons

I found it to be a hassle to be an administrator, so would just ask out technology director to send messages for me. I continue to do it that way.

Reasons for switching to Flocknote

This allowed us to share lists and keep one central data base of contact information.

Response from Flocknote

Hi Therese - thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review! It sounds like you had a bit of an issue as an admin and so we'd love to provide additional training if you'd like! Simply reach out to us at help@Flocknote.com and our Happiness Engineers would love to help. :)

Replied December 2020

Matthew

Helps keep the community connected

Flocknote has allowed each ministry to maintain their own mailing list, and each parishioner to get information from the ministries that they are interested in. It protects people's information. It allows people to get info in the method they prefer: email or text. It has been great for staying connected to the community at a time when we have not been able to gather weekly.

Pros

An easy "what you see is what you get" email editor, makes it easy to create an image driven message. Keeps people's contact info private, while allowing them to be on mailing list of various groups. Allows people to receive information they way they prefer - email or text. Integrates easily with our website, so people can sign-up for mailing list on the website. It helps ministry groups list stay together even if there is a change in ministry leadership. Allows us to manage mailing list and send notes to each type of "grouping" in our whole community.

Cons

It isn't integrated with a database, it is a separate system. This is good in some ways because it is faster to just start using, but it is more work to maintain emails in two locations.

Reasons for switching to Flocknote

This was set-up for the way Catholic churches operate. Most ministry group leadrs are volunteers and need a super simple way to get messages out and Constant Contact was complicated to give the right user levels for all the different leaders.

Response from Flocknote

Thanks so much for this review, Matthew! We really appreciate it. :)

Replied January 2021

Veronica

Room for Improvement

We can reach more people with Flocknote, especially when we try to send alerts or immediate information.

Pros

I like that I can customize the information, I can attach videos, pictures, and Bishop Barron's program was a great addition.

Cons

I don't like the fact that when I use Google, the email gets cut and it doesn't display the information or you can't scroll down to see more. Also, I don't like that you can't resize pictures. I can't save elements that I use frequently, just save the recent ones. When I create a section, I have to use the arrows to move to the top, which is time-consuming when you have a lot of sections. Not common, just on Friday, September 27th I have trouble moving pictures in a part of the section.

Reasons for choosing Flocknote

We liked that Flocknote has the text feature and it's easier to use.

Reasons for switching to Flocknote

We liked that Flocknote has the text feature and it's easier to use.

Response from Flocknote

Hi Veronica, thank you for taking a minute to leave a review! The issue you're describing is highly unusual, so I'd like to investigate this to see what may be happening here. Your email is not listed with this review, so would you mind reaching out to help@flocknote.com so that I can troubleshoot this with you? I appreciate it! :)

Replied October 2019

Bryan

Flocknote is a game changer

We are communicating beyond the weekly bulletin. Our reach is expanding daily to our parishioners. It is very exciting.

Pros

I like the ease of use as well as the different methods of communication. Parishioners can sign up for their groups, update their information and choose their preferred communication method. Communicating with groups has been difficult in the past, with Flocknote I can see who opened the message. It is very effective and easy to use.

Cons

Nothing It is very easy to use, and effective.

Reasons for choosing Flocknote

Solid use, excellent customer service, faith based team.

Response from Flocknote

Hi Bryan - thanks a bunch for this review! There is nothing more exciting to us than hearing how Flocknote has increased communication and engagement for churches like yours -- thank you so much for sharing these kind words! We'll be praying for you and Church St. Patrick! :)

Replied November 2019

Lisa

Flocknote feature

Overall, when someone is looking for a text/email service, I always recommend Flocknote., it's pros definitely outweigh any issues.

Pros

Being able to contact large groups, and multiple groups at a time, as well as single people is invaluablee. Having the ability to see who has read the message is vitally important. Being able to use in conjunction with Lifeteen. Is a game changer.

Reasons for choosing Flocknote

Price. Flexibility, functions, word of mouth.

Response from Flocknote

So sorry for the trouble, Lisa! Did you know that we offer free support calls at Flocknote.com/call ? We'd love to chat with you and answer any questions you have at a time that works best for you! We look forward to hearing from you! :)

Replied January 2021

Shana

Flocknote Values Parish Communications

While my cons would be helpful for some instances, the 99% of what we do/need from Flocknote is exceptional. And what makes it even better for me as the office admin, is that if I have a question (office hours or not), I get a response typically within a 12 to 24-hr period. This enables me to continue with my tasks/responsibilities (and not forget that I even asked a question...which in a busy parish and me now being a "senior citizen"...I have those peak days where it's like, "Did I do that or just think about doing it?" Don't laugh...much like reading glass in that 45-50 age range, it's real. I thought it was just a joke when I was in my 20s - 30s. Nope, Nope it isn't. Flocknote's Team never makes me think I'm too behind the times to utilize their software. AND...our 60+ parishioners who actually allow their phones to receive texts...LOVE the reminders! The only complaints we receive of "Stop" and "Take me off your list" is because someone changed their number without telling us and a non-parishioner ends up with it. I know, cuz I ask before I remove them. :)

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility on delivery, ability to schedule in advance (especially for holidays/holy days), ability to reuse/edit earlier communications, link a "note" to a website or larger page for those wishing more detail.

Cons

Not able to access symbols from a drop down...can't bold or italicize text for emphasis in "text" note. Can't cut/paste "responses" from "note reply".

Response from Flocknote

Hi Shana! First of all, thank you for the honest and thorough review! I'm really happy to hear that you always feel comfortable coming to us Happiness Engineers for help even if you don't feel tech-savvy-- it's our pleasure to help you in any way we can. :) You've raised some good points with the features you wish we had so I will pass this on to our developers. I appreciate the time you took to fill this review out! May God bless you!

Replied March 2019

Jeff

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

One week into Flocknote

We just started using this at our church, so maybe it's too early to write a review, but so far I am encouraged. For one thing, it's nice not to have all the advertising such as the free version of Sign-Up genius. One reason we're trying this is because sometimes when we send out large volume emails (i.e., to the whole congregation), some were ending up in people's spam or junk folders, and they weren't receiving them.

Pros

1. Being able to see who has opened a communication. 2. Being able to meet the member's preference for how to receive communications. 3. Nice to combine the sign-up function with the communication tool. 4. Nice to be able to set up how you want to receive replies for a particular communication. 5. Customer support seems to try really hard to help you have a good experience with it.

Cons

1. I would like a simpler way to login to the software. 2. The "Dashboard" could be more intuitive. For the new user, where do I go first? How can I see at a glance what needs my attention first? 3. For communication software like sending emails, I don't see how I can set a standard footer like most other email software. 4. You can lose what you've typed in if you get timed out by the software; this can be frustrating if you've spent a lot of time typing a longer email directly into the software (rather than copying it from Word), and it doesn't seem to remember it as an unfinished draft.

Reasons for switching to Flocknote

A pastor friend recommended it.

Response from Flocknote

Thank you for this helpful feedback, Jeff! It has been shared with the whole team and we really appreciate your insights as a new user. If you ever have any added questions or suggestions please send an email at help@flocknote.com - we'd love to chat! :)

Replied February 2021

Jon

Best communication tool out there

Unolytics are a game changer. We can check and re-check which information is being sent out, and when needed confirm that messages were received by specific users. It's a huge weight off my shoulders to have such a great tool at my fingertips.

Pros

Flocknote is easy to use and puts us in direct contact with our constituents. Unolytics are a game changer. We can check and re-check which information was sent out, and when needed confirm that a message was received by specific users. It's a huge weight off my shoulders to have such a great tool at my fingertips.

Cons

I see that Flocknote is growing to incorporate other functions, such as finance tracking and people management. As it grows to accommodate more and more Catholic Church functionality, such as sacrament tracking and communication updates between baptismal/First Communion/Confirmation parishes, we will be all in.

Reasons for choosing Flocknote

It's the best thing out there.

Reasons for switching to Flocknote

Flocknote has a more attractive user-end experience and puts us right into people's phones. It also puts the burden of communication on the user. They need to select the one email and phone number they would like us to communicate to. No more old work emails to avoid receiving emails.

Response from Flocknote

Wowza -- thanks for this stellar review, Jon! It makes us happy to know that you're happy, so we hope we continue to wow you so that you guys are "all in". God bless!

Replied September 2019

Sue

This software supports our mission of connectional ministry!

Although I did not have FN experience,I am a believer in using technology to connect, inspire, inform and receive feedback form the members of your Flock. Even though I was new to FN and my position, I was able show co-workers the simple easy ways they could improve communication and connection with families involved in their ministry. FN has been a miracle resource for our church in this season of COVID19! It is amazing how much more we are connected with families even in this time of Social Distancing! People are so grateful for the fun and powerful ways we have been able to bring Christ into their homes with FN.

Pros

The many ways you can create messaging including videos, graphics, polls, attachments. FN lets you manage member messaging and data for specific groups. I love that you can invite new members and they can choose groups they want to hear from.

Cons

I struggled with the learning curve as a new hire in my position. Did not have an inhouse training bu that was not FN's fault :-) What I like least is the way they present new features and invite you to try, but it actually activates buy. I know this is user error, but feel that the try should be an actual try. Only super admin should be able to activate buy feature. Would also love an outline of a training path for new users based on their ministry need. Perhaps a simple questionnaire that points new users in the right learning curve direction.

Response from Flocknote

Thanks so much for this review, Sue! If you need any additional training or have any questions/suggestions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Happiness Engineers at help@flocknote.com. God bless you and your church!

Replied September 2020

Mike

Love the tool...exceptional tech support

Selective communication is what it's all about. We can send out specific messages to specific groups of people. Blast-o-grams to everyone, if done too often, just alienate people and they stop reading.

Pros

Easy to use. Can train parishioners on how to use this tool to manage their groups/ministries. Love the fact that we can segregate into individual groups/ministries so we only send messages that apply to THOSE people. We don't end up doing a blast-o-gram to everyone even if the topic doesn't apply to them. The tech support team is top-notch. VERY responsive, VERY helpful and they stick with you to resolve your issue.

Cons

Super-admins should be able to reset individual's passwords AND set a new password. Many times, I have the parishioner sitting in my office asking for help and all I can say is "I will reset your password, but you have to go home, check your email, and enter a new password." Super-admins should be able to do this.

Response from Flocknote

Hi Mike, we're so thankful you took the time to leave a review. We're glad you've enjoyed sending messages to individual people, small groups, or mass blasts when needed. Generally people are very private about their passwords and do not want them changed by anyone other than themselves, so we want them to have that security with Flocknote. I'm sorry about that, but thank you for letting us know that is something you're wanting. We appreciate any and all feedback! Blessings to you, Mike! :)

Replied February 2019

MARIA GUADIAN

Great Software with Top of the Line Customer Service

Our parish enjoys the benefits of the weekly email blast newsletter as it complements our Sunday church bulletin. The bulletin has a 10- day-lag period, where our weekly email blast is updated until the very last minute before being sent out. This is our way of keeping everyone much more informed with current happenings that may have missed the bulletin deadline.

Pros

The ease of the application itself in creating and sending out emails and newsletters makes this a hands-on software package that anyone can use. If I have an issue or something I need explained, the Flocknote Help Desk is so prompt at replying back and follows up to ensure the issue has been resolved. It is very UNUSUAL in this high tech world to find this kind of Customer Service!!! I have waited several days, and sometimes had to call/email again waiting for a reply to my question, which is why I can't say enough good things about FLOCKNOTE.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing NOT TO LIKE!!

Response from Flocknote

Wow, Maria...you've just made our day! We take pride in caring for our members so we're thrilled to see that you have had such a great experience with our customer service! It's so very kind of you to take the time to leave a review -- we're thankful for you. May God bless you and St. John the Evangelist! :)

Replied February 2019

Lori

New to Flocknote

Very good. The program is user-friendly once you learn the ins and outs of it.

Pros

What I like most is the ability to text members, add color, graphics, surveys, and invitations with RSVPs to emails and texts. I like that the replies come to my Gmail inbox. Unlike other companies, the customer service is EXCELLENT! This is huge for me as my learning curve is straight up and down until I become familiar with the new system. I love the training vi