• icon"Great event and email integration allows an easily manageable database."
  • icon"Easy to use and more affordable than other similar products."
  • icon"I like that it will keep my office organized and allows us to integrate other platforms that we use, seamlessly."
  • icon"Householding support with regards to donations roll-up is very poor."
  • icon"The inability to email registrants for an event from the event registration page is unfortunate."

All Neon CRM Reviews

Jeff

Time used: Free Trial

January 2014

Z2 System's NeonCRM - "Yes, it's right for you and your organization."

Almost 4 years ago, when I considered which contact/donor relations management software platforms I was going to use for the ministry, here are a few of the things I was looking for: 1. Expandability (Will the system grow with us as we need it to without paying for what we don't need?) 2. e-Commerce - Are the e-commerce functions user friendly? Are they secure? Does it have integrated merchant service capabilities and can it seamlessly integrate with the database/account management capabilities? 3. Can I easily segregate, query, and manage contacts/donors? Can I track all of our touches with our contacts/donors and view them in one place/interface? 4. Do the front-end functionality components make it easy for our contacts/supporters/donors/etc. to communicate and do business with us? 5. Can we easily integrate our CRM communication/outreach/events/etc. into our existing website, social media, and vice versa? I was pumped when I got a "Yes" answer to all of the questions above from the team at Z2 Systems about the NeonCRM. I have extensive experience with some of the larger CRM providers and their products. I can say that without a doubt, the NeonCRM system is as functional, robust, expandable, and overall as capable, right out of the box, as systems costing 10 to 20 times as much. Clients are not hit with additional charges for modules that should already be included in the overall package. With regards to customer service and the company's employees and management actually listening to the customer and making adjustments to the system in order to meet the needs of the customer, Z2 Systems blows everyone else away. Coupled with its available seamless and cost-effective merchant services account integration partners, NeonCRM is a great option for any size organization and budget.

Amanda

April 2022

Learning curve - but worth it!

Our overall experience with Neon CRM has been positive. I am excited to use the software creatively to diversify our revenue, and grow our social impact. Neon CRM was the exact "next step" we needed.

Pros

I love the diverse capabilities of the NeonCRM software. We have been able to apply it in multiple areas to grow our small non-profit.

Cons

The least favorite part of NeonCRM has been the learning curve and ease of use for a few of our employees. Most of our team is 20-40 years old, and are used to different work flows on other applications. Biggest areas of work flow issues are in the email feature and website form set up.

Reasons for choosing Neon CRM

I was happy with the level of customer support and counsel we received in our research process. I felt like no question was unanswered from the Neon One team. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did an incredible job sharing what the product did and how it could be used for a non-profit our size.

Response from Neon One

Thank you for the feedback, Amanda! We're glad to hear that Neon CRM's wide feature set have been working well for your org. We're really proud to be able to offer a lot of features in one software platform, but a big focus for our upcoming development projects is making Neon CRM easier to learn and use, especially for non-admin users who need clear learning paths and workflows.

Replied May 2022

Heidi

November 2022

Neon is good, but only if you have a team working in it - it is best for medium to large teams

Good, but it needs to work for 2nd graders. Many nonprofits outsource data entry to volunteers and if the volunteers have a tough time using a system, so too does a nonprofit have a tough time getting the data out of it that it needs.

Pros

I like it's level of detail around donor data, as well as its dashboard.

Cons

It's not super user-friendly. It's not mobile friendly. it's report creation is challenging. It's on-demand training is not helpful.

Response from Neon One

Hi Heidi! We appreciate your honest feedback. I'd like to help address your concerns around ease-of-use and training. Our top priority right now is to make daily system use easier by working on User Interface updates, like the recent overhaul of Constituent Portal Management and upcoming File Manager improvements. We also want users to be able to learn in an interactive way on their own time, so we've recently launched an improved Neon One Academy. You can log in at https://academy.neonone.com/. Thanks again and we hope the CRM developments help to make it easier for your team, your volunteers, and you to work more efficiently. Cheers, Anna Curtis at Neon One

Replied November 2022

Allison

Neon CRM used at non-profit nature center

Pros

It has met our needs to register customers for programs and events and to track memberships and donations. It is user-friendly, and the data it provides is helpful.

Cons

We have had some issues with communication to customers directly through the software. It may be due to user issue though, so the aspect could be improved to be more user-friendly. Online support websites have been helpful though.

Response from Neon One

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Allison! We're sorry to hear you've had some difficulties with communicating with your customers through the product. We know how important it is to connect with clients. You will be hearing from your client success rep to help out with this issue shortly. We are happy to hear that regardless, the product is meeting your needs for programs and events!

Replied July 2021

Good product for the basics

Seeing all our member interactions in one place is very useful. Reporting and selecting users based on various criteria is fairly good.

Pros

It covers our “bread and butter” features for our nonprofit: membership, fundraising/donations, and basic CRM.

Cons

Some of the other functions are weaker than expected, and could use significant improvements (definitely not near best of breed status). These include email (we continue to use MailChimp), event management (we continue to use EventBrite), and volunteer tracking. We do use the Store functions as our product sales are very limited, but when we open a gift shop we’ll transition to something like Shopify. I feel as long as you don’t expect it to be a “one stop shop” you’ll probably do ok. It’s a good price for the basics, given we are a fairly small non-profit.

Holly

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

May 2015

Good program, but reporting is less intuitive than I'd like.

Pros

The software has a lot of really useful features, like email blasts and the reports are really customizable.

Cons

The software isn't terribly intuitive, especially with reporting, and the training videos on YouTube are hours long. I also could not find the answers I needed in the help section when trying to customize reports. I learned more from the user forums than the actual help feature of the software.

Response from NeonCRM

Thanks so much for your review of NeonCRM, Holly! We are absolutely thrilled to be part of Happy Trails Farm Animal Sanctuary's mission in helping animals be rescued, rehabilitated, and/or adopted. We did want to take this opportunity to respond to your review personally and alongside Leigh's which is featured immediately below. :) In the age of simple apps on our phones and an increasing awareness of user-friendliness with complex technology, we are 1000% committed to making the user experience of NeonCRM as simple as possible for users of all strengths and experiences. As an "expert-user" database that does so many complicated things, we are constantly challenged with keeping things simple while also continuing to provide the deepest, most extensive CRM built specifically for nonprofits. We now have a dedicated, in-house team focused purely on this challenge and you will continue to see NeonCRM evolve with new feature releases and enhancements every month! We welcome your continued input within our community forum as we consider new and great feature suggestions to implement. We also appreciate your comments on the training videos as well. You and other clients were right: they were too long. And, in our continued efforts to improve every client's implementation of NeonCRM, we have just revamped our training curriculum and have updated all of our training videos on our YouTube channel. We have trimmed a lot, provided time-marking slides, provided agendas with companion guides, and more. The main difference is our trainings have taken a new, "task-based" approach now which we hope you will find useful, including with respect to your comments concerning Neon's deep reporting functionality. Please visit these training resources directly within your Neon system or here: https://z2.zendesk.com/entries/21682010-Training-Videos Lastly, we are overjoyed that you were able to find our community forums so useful! We truly love our Neon expert clients who take time to participate and share their wealth of knowledge in the forums. Sometimes it is more useful to get advice from peer-level organizations who might be using a particular facet of Neon the same way as your organization. We encourage you to continue using a combination of our training resources, guides, and community forums to make Neon work best in helping Happy Trails keep the animals neighing, mooing, clucking, gobbling, baaa'ing, maa'ing, and squealing in joy. Our staff is full of animal lovers and we have many-a-pets that have been rescued from shelters by our staff, along with NeonCRM serving many similar shelters and organizations that help all of our furry creatures in need. Thanks again! -Your NeonCRM Team

Replied May 2015

Katie

August 2022

Easy to use, helps me stay organized

Pros

Neon CRM is very easy to use. They provide a great academy to walk you through their system which was a great help when I first started using it. I like that reports are easy to pull, I can quickly update donor information or add a donation, and I LOVE that I can send emails to our supporters right from Neon CRM.

Cons

There are a few small technical things I would change with the Email Campaigns, mostly related to how the emails appear when opened in Outlook. But, this is not enough of a problem for me to want to change the way I send emails.

Reasons for choosing Neon CRM

We are a small organization and didn't need the robust features that Raiser's Edge and Salesforce Provide. We felt it had more to offer than Little Green Light.

Lauren

Industry: Performing Arts

August 2022

A CRM you can actually use!

The training sessions coupled with the learning paths have made the transition from Salesforce to Neon CRM pretty seamless.

Pros

Neon CRM is so user friendly and the learning paths are making it possible for our entire team to get trained.

Cons

This is hard to answer because we are still very new to Neon CRM. We have navigated a few bumps on the registration page, but nothing to make us regret this migration.

Reasons for choosing Neon CRM

You could not beat the price point and functionality of Neon CRM. We were looking for a database that had donor management, registration, and email communication. It really is an all in one system!

Reasons for switching to Neon CRM

We were priced out of Salesforce and for several years had found the database hard to navigate.

Princess

Make Your Job Easier!!

So far, I have enjoyed the widgets and being able to see or not see what I am most concerned with at the time.

Pros

Neon provides the "one stop shop"! You have the back-end and the front-end operations working together. We went from using two different donor managements systems to using one to make sure that we can track all data. I also love the auto thank you's with the amount of the gift. Helps donors keep track for the year.

Cons

Neon is how can we say "plain", strictly business. There is to fancy eye catching fonts or highlighted buttons. Sometimes you can get lost and have to go to read up on some support documents in order to find what you are looking for.

Reasons for switching to Neon CRM

We made the switch because for the amount of money being spent on two donor systems, we could spend in with one system to track all data.

Response from Neon One

Hi Princess! Thank you for your honest and thoughtful review. We take your feedback very seriously. We are bringing your feedback about in-product "highlighted buttons" and "eye-catching fonts" to our team.

Replied March 2021

Greg

Industry: Cosmetics

It's OK - needs to be modernized

Pros

Neon has some powerful, fast database capabilities. We find it quick to respond when looking for records, generating reports, or soring data. It's also very capable at handling duplicate records and the searching is very good. It's also stable - seems to be built on a solid foundation and performs well.

Cons

Much of Neon seems to be cobbled together from older generations of development. There is a lack of consistency in the admin interfaces, and I find myself lost trying to do the simplest thing (like updating a system email) ... and I took a year of computer science as an undergrad. The emails are not responsive for mobile, and the custom web pages are nearly impossible to present to our members because they simply don't match our brand at all. The event lack any sort of presentation in a calendar view. Neon updates their platform each month, however, IMHO, they're focussing on the wrong thing. I would expect the development team there to streamline the admin interface, make the basic tools like emails, events, and member sign up pages more modern and mobile-ready. I find myself wanting to head over to a WordPress solution to consolidate everything, but we've invested time and money into this already so we're going to ride it out for a while. If you go with Neon, I suggest you budget time (and money) for tech support and have someone on staff or on call who can wrangle the harder parts of the admin interface for you.

Reasons for choosing Neon CRM

Price and capacity of membership data management.

Patrick

Good system for the money that practices continuous improvement

Overall, it is a robust system. The help center is very functional. For a new non-profit I would recommend it. For a larger staff, I would be hesitant.

Pros

I have used and recommended NEON for a few years. For the money it is a robust system. The event management is one of the easiest to use and you can set up multiple programs levels easily.

Cons

The reporting is difficult, except for getting event registrations out. To create a custom report is extremely frustrating.

Reasons for choosing Neon CRM

The expense in comparison and the event management features

Laura

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

August 2022

Neon One is a Great Product!

We haven't sent out our first invite yet - we are still getting things migrated to our database. I have high hopes that our emails will go out without a hitch!

Pros

I love that this software allows you to grow. You can start out with only the features that you need and then upgrade as your needs change.

Cons

Nothing I can point to at this time. Everything is going fine and I don't have any complaints.

Reasons for choosing Neon CRM

Because of price and the ability to start small and grow with other modules.

Reasons for switching to Neon CRM

MemberPlanet was not helpful with emails not coming to the participants. Their solution was to use personal emails. This is a professional group and they should be able to use their work email addresses.

Virginia

Easy & Friendly

Pros

What I like the most is the fast, professional and knowledgeable customer service. They're absolutely great and have thought me a lot of things about the software.

Cons

It's hard to tell, but we used to work with PayPal. It was easy to use. I'm not very familiar With NeonPay and I find it hard to understand how it works.

Response from Neon One

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Neon CRM. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with our customer service and software. To learn more about how Neon Pay works, you can read this support article: https://support.neonone.com/neoncrm/s/article/360031426294WhatisNeonPay. If you have additional questions, you can always get in touch with support by filling out a support ticket, here: https://support.neonone.com/neoncrm/s/.

Sheri

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great for non-profits

We have been very happy with the software.

Pros

It’s user friendly and can handle a multitude of tasks.

Cons

It’s difficult to enter items that are not tax deductible but have varying costs. It doesn’t work well for Silent Auction purchases.

Response from Neon One

Hi Sheri! Thank you for leaving a review for Neon CRM. Most nonprofits have a lot to do, which is why we prioritize usability and management of many tasks simultaneously. This is great to hear! We have noted your concern about silent auction purchases and have brought this to our product team. We are always looking for ways to improve our products, so we take these reviews very seriously. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review.

Replied April 2021

Regina

May 2022

Product of Choice

Awesome experience from the website info, the initial demo, to the actual implementation support. Your teams are extremely responsive and flexible. They allow me to be in the driver seat vs. imposing their approach, meaning they allow me to implement in the priority critical to my organization. They listen to my questions and respond. Love it!

Pros

The ease of use; the support; the features; the flexibility; the growth potential it offers.

Cons

Too early to state; still new to the software. I did notice a few things I would recommend, e.g., the carry over of certain data to the children when entered on the parent level to avoid duplicate entry.

Reasons for choosing Neon CRM

Professional package, with lots of growth potential, ease of use, personal support and competitive price.

Laurie

We switched and we love it

Far superior to another application that I've heard touted as the premiere product. Customer service is good, reporting is great, and product is intuitive and easy to learn.

Pros

Easy data download and manipulation. Weekly payouts. Ability to ask donors and members to donate an extra amount to pay the credit card fees.

Cons

I'm not sure we've found any. I guess if I had to say one thing, maybe some organizations would like daily payouts. As the person who has to issue reports on payouts, I actually like grouping them into weeks

Reasons for switching to Neon CRM

The other product gave us almost no information on memberships. We had to actually count the number of members/memberships.

Response from Neon One

Hi Laurie! Thank you for taking the time to leave an honest and thorough review of Neon CRM. We are pleased to hear that you have found the customer service, reporting, and ease of use to be superior! We do want to clarify that we have options for a monthly, weekly, and daily payout. You can find more information about that here if you are interested in learning more about payout options: https://support.neonone.com/neoncrm/s/article/360033680093HowdoIreconcilewithNeonPay.

Jared