All Neon CRM Reviews

Neon CRM Is The Only Choice

Jeff

Used free trial

Reviewed January 2014

Z2 System's NeonCRM - "Yes, it's right for you and your organization."

Almost 4 years ago, when I considered which contact/donor relations management software platforms I was going to use for the ministry, here are a few of the things I was looking for: 1. Expandability (Will the system grow with us as we need it to without paying for what we don't need?) 2. e-Commerce - Are the e-commerce functions user friendly? Are they secure? Does it have integrated merchant service capabilities and can it seamlessly integrate with the database/account management capabilities? 3. Can I easily segregate, query, and manage contacts/donors? Can I track all of our touches with our contacts/donors and view them in one place/interface? 4. Do the front-end functionality components make it easy for our contacts/supporters/donors/etc. to communicate and do business with us? 5. Can we easily integrate our CRM communication/outreach/events/etc. into our existing website, social media, and vice versa? I was pumped when I got a "Yes" answer to all of the questions above from the team at Z2 Systems about the NeonCRM. I have extensive experience with some of the larger CRM providers and their products. I can say that without a doubt, the NeonCRM system is as functional, robust, expandable, and overall as capable, right out of the box, as systems costing 10 to 20 times as much. Clients are not hit with additional charges for modules that should already be included in the overall package. With regards to customer service and the company's employees and management actually listening to the customer and making adjustments to the system in order to meet the needs of the customer, Z2 Systems blows everyone else away. Coupled with its available seamless and cost-effective merchant services account integration partners, NeonCRM is a great option for any size organization and budget.

Hayley

Simple and Straightforward

Overall, Neon CRM is a great product for the cost. As a smaller nonprofit, most of our budget goes directly back into youth programs.

PROS

Neon CRM is a simple, straightforward tool. It's easy to use and there are a lot of resources and tools to help onboard new users. It's cost-effective for our nonprofit and enables us to track donors, volunteers, and donations in one place.

CONS

A feature that could be improved at our subscription level is the ability to automate workflows. As it is, we have to manually pull reports to see if donors need to be contacted, moved along the pipeline, etc. It would be a huge improvement if Neon CRM offered a budget friendly alternative that enabled us to set contact on a pipeline and receive reminders when it's time to move them along.

Reason for choosing Neon CRM

At this time, Neon CRM is the most effective for our budget. We've also been pretty satisfied with it over the years, so even when prices increased we still felt like it was meeting our immediate needs.

Hey Hayley, we appreciate your thoughtful review! Sounds like things are going well for your org, that's awesome to hear! Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts :)

Replied October 2023

Emily

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed December 2023

I need assistance canceling account

It's been fine and we would recommend to other orgs, But need to cancel now, please

PROS

Hello, We have used Neon for several years now, and when we had a larger team, it made sense. Though the onboarding and ease of use was never a feature I personally found robust, it was a useful platform to organize donor data and run reports.

CONS

It has always been difficult to understand the functions, the system is not very intuitive. also merging from other donation platforms and having to delete duplicates was time consuming.

Caitlin

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Longtime Neon User

Over I'm really happy with Neon. It's a great product, you get access to so much support and a robust knowledge base filled with guides and training that will help a lot. It's intuitive and really friendly. I've also seen Neon transition to building a community where you get additional support from other Neon users as well as Neon employees. When I first started there was no where to really provide feedback and now there is a portal for that and it's so nice to see actual user ideas get implemented. Neon has really made strides to make clients feel heard and valued and it shows.

PROS

I like how user friendly it is, not only was it an easy system to learn myself it's easy for staff that may not have experience with a CRM to use and feel confident using. In my past experience with different organizations and different databases there is a lot of fear and reluctance around using the database and with Neon we have 100% of our staff in the database

CONS

There are somethings Neon still has to work on that are standard in other databases. I think they'll eventually be addressed because Neon really listens to feedback but, for example, the fact that there isn't an alias field that is search bar accessible is a little frustrating. People change their names all the time, and you don't want to lose that data. I created a custom field for it but that's not search bar accessible. It doesn't hinder my ability to use the database but it is a little frustrating not to have.

Hey Caitlin, thank you for your review! Awesome to hear that your whole team feels confident using Neon CRM and are able to dive into the various features and modules. I think your idea around incorporating an alias field is stellar, and would encourage you to submit it to our Suggestions Portal: https://feedback.neonone.com/forums/945646-neon-crm

Replied December 2023

Lauren

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great Donor Management Software

Overall we are very happy to NeonCRM. My one and only concern is the customer support and account management seems to be lacking a bit. I get emails often regarding "changes" to our account that in face do not affect us because we are currently on a contract with NEON. With staff overturn you never know who your account manager is (I have worked with 5 account managers in a matter of 2 years. The software is great and we will continue to use it as we find that it is very helpful for what we are doing.

PROS

Coming from Blackbuad and Raiser's Edge, it was really important to find a software that was user friendly and easy to learn. NeonCRM is that software. You don't need a ton of training to navigate around the system and find what you are looking for.

CONS

Our hope was this software would be able to take the place of many of our others and put things in one place. Although it was able to do that for a majority we still hope to see an auction component to NeonCRM. This was one of the items that was discussed when we were looking at software and our rep mentioned Neon was working at an integration for this in the future and still waiting for it.

Pricing and Payment Portal

Reasons for switching to Neon CRM

Because of how difficult Raiser's Edge is to use.

Hi Lauren! Thank you for your open and honest feedback. Regarding the auction component, we do have a certified integration with ClickBid. You can learn more about that integration here: https://neonone.com/partners/clickbid/.

Replied February 2021

Erin

Airlines/Aviation, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Quite happy with Neon

I've had good support if and when I've needed it. The set up person was great. Like any platform, you learn it and get used to it and it's very helpful.

PROS

This software manages my contacts and communication just as I would expect it to. It's customizable for our needs, as well.

CONS

There are two frustrating things. First, when I want to send a mass email, I've been told that images (flyers) don't send well and it's true. That is virtually the only thing we send out so that does not make me happy. In other words, we had to keep our Constant Contact account. Secondly, searching by city should be MUCH easier. I've been taught two ways to do it but it entails way too many steps.

Reason for choosing Neon CRM

It is focused on non-profits and that's what we are.

Erin, we hear you! We know that email has been a pain point in the past, which is why we are uncovering some major updates on April 10, 2021. If you want to find out more about the updates to our email functionality, you can tune in to our webinar: https://neonone.com/resources/event/product-webinar-neon-crms-new-email-tools/

Replied March 2021

Katie

Reviewed August 2022

Easy to use, helps me stay organized

PROS

Neon CRM is very easy to use. They provide a great academy to walk you through their system which was a great help when I first started using it. I like that reports are easy to pull, I can quickly update donor information or add a donation, and I LOVE that I can send emails to our supporters right from Neon CRM.

CONS

There are a few small technical things I would change with the Email Campaigns, mostly related to how the emails appear when opened in Outlook. But, this is not enough of a problem for me to want to change the way I send emails.

Reason for choosing Neon CRM

We are a small organization and didn't need the robust features that Raiser's Edge and Salesforce Provide. We felt it had more to offer than Little Green Light.

Melissa

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Neon CRM Review

Mediocre but I need the data so put up with it.

PROS

I like that people can sign up and pay for events. I like having donations come right into the system.

CONS

Not user friendly, especially when it comes to designing reports. I don't like that duplicates are not being alerted to - there are many duplicates that don't automatically merge. I also don't like that thank you letter templates aren't able to be individualized or edited at all.

Reasons for switching to Neon CRM

To interface with Mail Chimp and there was a wider variety of options as noted above

Neon CRM

PROS

Neon makes tracking our donors and donations easy. I also love the custom forms we can make for different fundraisers.

CONS

Not a huge issue, but sometimes customer service can be slow, but ultimately they have always been able to fix my issues.

Hey Jennifer, thanks for your insights here! Glad to hear that our custom reports have been useful for you and that Neon CRM has helped with tracking your donors and donations. Thanks again :)

Lauren

Performing Arts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

A CRM you can actually use!

The training sessions coupled with the learning paths have made the transition from Salesforce to Neon CRM pretty seamless.

PROS

Neon CRM is so user friendly and the learning paths are making it possible for our entire team to get trained.

CONS

This is hard to answer because we are still very new to Neon CRM. We have navigated a few bumps on the registration page, but nothing to make us regret this migration.

Reason for choosing Neon CRM

You could not beat the price point and functionality of Neon CRM. We were looking for a database that had donor management, registration, and email communication. It really is an all in one system!

Reasons for switching to Neon CRM

We were priced out of Salesforce and for several years had found the database hard to navigate.

Pamela

Reviewed September 2023

Great value for the money

the support team is always quick to respond and the company listens to suggestions

PROS

ease of use and multiple users for the same cost

CONS

Would like to separate out grants from companies

Hey Pamela, thanks for the review! We always appreciate hearing feedback from our clients :) Thanks again!

Patrick

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed August 2021

Good system for the money that practices continuous improvement

Overall, it is a robust system. The help center is very functional. For a new non-profit I would recommend it. For a larger staff, I would be hesitant.

PROS

I have used and recommended NEON for a few years. For the money it is a robust system. The event management is one of the easiest to use and you can set up multiple programs levels easily.

CONS

The reporting is difficult, except for getting event registrations out. To create a custom report is extremely frustrating.

Reason for choosing Neon CRM

The expense in comparison and the event management features

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Pretty good product, does most of what I need

I've been mostly happy with the product. My disappointment, thankfully, have been very minor, and I can happily recommend this for anyone needing the advancved options that i did.

PROS

I chose Neon CRM because it was the most comprehensive CRM solution that I encountered that did not also cost a fortune. I have very specific needs beyond basic donor management. I also needed event management and member management components. Almost no other products had all of these capabilities built in.

CONS

I haven't used some of the features because they aren't as good as what i am currently using, especially for social media, email newsletter, and donor letters. The software offers a LOT of features, which is not a downside, but it also takes some time to find out how everything works. Neon provides a lot of tutorials, however, which are usually spot on.

Reason for choosing Neon CRM

Greater functionality was built in to NEON CRM and I didn't want to parcel out the functionality among several different products.

Reasons for switching to Neon CRM

My previous product did not have the capabilities I needed for an expanding mission.

Daniel, we hear you! Thank you for the honest review and feedback. We know that email has been a pain point in the past, which is why we are uncovering some major updates on April 10, 2021. If you want to find out more about the updates to our email functionality, you can tune in to our webinar: https://neonone.com/resources/event/product-webinar-neon-crms-new-email-tools/

Replied March 2021

Bridgit

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Great for a variety of data

Overall, this is a pretty robust software considering the price. I would recommend it to Non-profits on a tight budget just be prepared for some getting acquainted time.

PROS

All our data can be stored and pulled from one place. Event's are seamlessly connected to our website and make for an easy registration process. I like the idea of batch uploading because data entry can be time consuming but this hasn't been as successful as I'd hope yet. Still need to learn more.

CONS

It isn't as user friendly as some of the other softwares. We have to adapt it internally to meet our needs. I was not at the company when we purchased this software so not sure of the onboarding process. It has been hard to bring new employees on to learn the system.

Hi Bridgit! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Neon CRM. Training new team members to learn a CRM system can be difficult. That's why we've put together videos, guides, and a full Academy course, to take that training work off of your hands. You can access those materials here: https://support.neonone.com/neoncrm/s/. If you ever need some extra help, feel free to reach out to our support team. Thank you for being a Neon CRM client!

Replied April 2021

Joey

Has value; clunky in some uses; Customer Support is slow

I inherited this platform. While I've spent time to try and learn how to make it work best for my organization, there are still bugs that make the user experience less than optimal. If it weren't such a hassle to try and implement a new CRM solution, I'd consider switching.

PROS

The ability to track and monitor donations, fundraising activities, and donor records is valuable and easy to navigate.

CONS

Some features are clunky. Web design leads quite a bit to be desired. Toggling through screens seems unnecessary at times. Compatability with other similar tools for integration are often not easy to set up, and seem overly costly. Customer support takes way too long to resolve, while multiple automated emails seem to want to close a ticket rather than humans seeking to help client users. No real way to contact user support rather than email tickets via the automated online assistant.

Hey Joey, thanks for your review! It sounds like your org has been using tons of the functionalities in Neon CRM like tracking and monitoring donations, fundraising campaigns, and maintaining donor records. Pretty much all of our integrations have no recurring costs associated. All of our packages do include unlimited email/ticket support, as well as access to our support center, neon one academy, live group trainings, and open office hours. It seems like signing up for open hours or our live group trainings might help alleviate some of the wait times you're experiencing, while also gaining access to one of our team members. If you do wish to purchase additional support options, you can add-on phone/live chat support for a small monthly up-charge and we offer extended training hours for purchase, if that is something you think would be helpful.

Replied December 2023

Kate

Used free trial

Reviewed November 2013

If your experience is anything like mine was, you are currently struggling with outdated software. You are having to maintain multiple databases manually in order to do all the things that are standard operating procedures in these fast-paced days, and you are working on a shoestring budget with a great but stretched staff. For me, this is where Neon came in to help us. Is it perfect. No. Of course not. Unless you have a zillion dollars to house your own tech department you are unlikely to find absolute perfection. Is Neon, in my opinion, the closest thing to perfect for a non-profit organization? Yes! Why do I think that? 1) Technology upgrades every 18 months (at the longest) which is almost impossible for a non-profit to keep up with while remaining competitive within today's business world. Neon is an ever-evolving system that shares functionality with all Neon clients; your membership database is always up-to-date with new innovations appearing and available to be customized to meet your needs for reasonable pricing (unlike other systems that, in my experience, started customization at around $25,000 a piece). 2) When hosting our own CRM on-site, we were responsible for maintaining our server; with an aging server and without a hardware specialist on staff, our data was always at risk, even though it was backed up. With Neon, our system is now a cloud-based system, leaving the hardware support to the experts at Neon. This was not only a worry off our backs but also a fiscal savings. 3) In order to keep up to date, we were maintaining multiple databases. We had our member database, our event database, our website member-only database, and our email database. This doesn't include the QuickBooks upkeep and our area membership lists that had to be maintained and exported separately on a monthly basis. Needless to say, this ate up a lot of time and was susceptible to human error. With Neon, everything was in one place (Please note we chose to use Neon's email because another service would mean we once again would have to import/export data and not have the tracking material on the records where we wanted them). This was a huge benefit. Having everything available in one place freed up our staff to work on other projects and spend time on long-term strategic planning as opposed to just working in the moment. 4) With our old system, we were the experts. We were all alone. If we wanted customer service, the vendor could sort of help but the service teams wouldn't take time to understand the way we were using the system and could only provide generic answers. With Neon, we have experts at the end of a chat or a phone call (depending on your needs and service package) who can log into your system, see what you are seeing, and team with you to find an answer to your issues. 5) With our old system, our volunteers and members had limited abilities and options available to them. With Neon, our volunteers and members have a greater level of interaction with their own records, as well as with each other. So with all that said, my overall advice is get Neon. But when you do jump in also be realistic and patient with both Neon and your staff. Remember change is always hard. Expect that the transfer of data will be stressful. Expect that the first six months will include hiccups. Expect that in a year you will be an expert in NEON. Expect that your "sophomore" year experience will make it all worthwhile.

Karen

Broadcast Media, 2-10 employees

Neon CRM has Been so Beneficial for Our Company

I feel very confident using Neon. It has been a good fit for us, in tracking donors and maintaining their record of giving. Many are monthly donors, that are utilizing the e-check and credit card features on a recurring basis. We have seen growth in our fan base, and it is reflected in the financial support that we can see in Neon's documented record-keeping.

PROS

We are able to track the giving of our supporters, and respond with receipt of acknowledgement.We can generate reports for specific campaigns and donor demographics.

CONS

We have not utilized the QuickBooks integration that is offered. Would like to see more guidance on how to incorporate that . Also, duplicating records are not always "caught" ... it can be tedious detecting them. (Like a first name must match exactly- i.e: Tom Jones will not match Thomas Jones, etc.)

Reason for choosing Neon CRM

Partly due to affordability. But the ease of logging into the CRM and manipulation was fairly easy to pick up and learn.

Hey Karen, thanks for this glowing review! We always love hearing how Neon CRM helps our customers feel confident in the work they're doing! For more information on the Quickbooks integration, take a look at the support article I linked here. There are a few recommended articles attached as well, these may be helpful if you decide to explore the QB integration further! https://support.neonone.com/hc/en-us/articles/4412164668301-Using-the-QuickBooks-Integration

Sheri