• Pros

• "I love that it's a great database for parishoners and their info, sacrament records, etc. I love the ability to run a number of different reports too. "

• "I love how keyboard friendly it is! You can use shortcuts through out your time using FamilySuite on a daily basis, and that makes the task go by much faster. "

• "Easy to use but protects info from unintentional errors when rushing or not paying close attention. Training videos are easy to understand and informative. "

• Cons

• "Integration just had a few glitch but overall it was smooth after we went live."

• "at first we had a hard time with lag times to get online. the systems was slow and frustrating. but it got better after our IT department contacted parishsoft. "

• "sometimes we wish we could create our own list, but they do have several to pick from and it does work out ."

Browse ParishSOFT Reviews

Alicia from St. Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church

ParishSOFT Family Suite

Our overall experience the last 7 years have been excellent, it makes our jobs easier and any questions ParishSOFT has an incredible team that will answer your questions or solve your issues in no time.

Pros

I can have all the information of our Parish in one software that I can access from anywhere. Family information, Religious Education Program, Offering that merge so easy from ParishSOFT Online giving, Tuition, and Administration to give the staff different levels of access.

Cons

Open different tabs at the same time, and a picture of the family.

Reasons for Choosing ParishSOFT

I wanted a program that was online, not a desktop. We can access from any laptop, desktop, iPad, or even phone. We didn't want the headache of upgrading the software, we don't have to worry about any of it, which makes the staff appreciate the Family Suite so much.

Seaneen from Butte Catholic Community North

ParishSOFT Family Suite is the best Software for Parishes

Our experience with ParishSOFT Family Suite has been extremely positive. ParishSOFT understands the true meaning of customer service. They are easy to work with. When you call, the service rep is very knowledgeable with the product and they are easy to hear and understand what they are saying. We love this program and will never switch back.

Pros

The ease of using this software is one of the best features. It makes posting contributions fast and accurate. For us, posting Contributions before ParishSOFT took at the minimum a day but usually a day and a half. With ParishSOFT it take an hour.

Cons

The only thing that I think is needed is the ability to add a new family from the detailed contributions posting page. It would be faster if we didn’t have to close out of Contributions and go into Family Directory and then back into Contributions to post.

Reasons for Choosing ParishSOFT

The ParishSOFT Family Suite is the easiest one to use. We preview a lot of other products and they didn’t have everything we needed.

Reasons for Switching to ParishSOFT

Because tracking contributions on Excel was very time consuming.

Leo from St. Mary Catholic Church

Connect Now is absolutely awful!

I have used the desktop version for over 10 years. It wasn't perfect but it worked. We were forced to get the online Connect Now version and it is terrible: 1) The Religious Ed. section takes an average of 12-16 seconds to load a mouse click. A MOUSE CLICK! That means that entering a single piece of information in one persons record can take up to 4 minutes. 2) When you are actually able to open a class, record, or individual beside it taking 12-16 seconds to open, the user functions are not friendly at all. If I open a class and chose a student in the class do my thing and then close out it takes me to the main screen instead of back to that class. That's not helpful at all since I'm in need of going back to that class record for the next student. 3) We were blatantly lied to by the sales rep and the VP of Sales as well. We have a large parish (16,000 +) and the sales person said we would be fine with such a large number. After 2 months of speed issues (Still not resolved) and being told it was our servers that were slow the VP told us, "We cannot process the amount of data that your parish has. Our sales team should have told you this." When we asked the VP why he hand said this to us when we started dealing with him the VP had no answer. 4) It is abundantly clear that ParishSofts Connect Now servers are not the adequate size to process the type of data parishes have. We had our IT team look at our serves and after numerous test it was conclusive that the issue is on Parish Softs end. Conclusion: If you have more than 200 people in your parish do not use the Connect Now program. Our parish has been incapable of processing registrations, sacramental records, attendance, etc because of how ridiculously slow the Connect Now program is. There are various parishes who have complained about the same issue to Parish Soft and nothing has been done.

Pros

The online version is awful. Stick to the desktop version.

Cons

Online version literally takes 12-16 seconds per mouse click, which makes it virtually impossible to get anything done.

David from Holy Cross Catholic Church

Family Suite Implementatiion

We are tracking our parishioners easier now and have uploaded most of the Religious Education and Sacramental Records to the cloud.

Pros

Initial integration was a breeze. Uploaded a copy of our database and P/S transferred it to the cloud in one day. Now employees can access database from anywhere, even home, especially useful during the Covid-19 pandemic when everyone was locked down.

Cons

As administrator, when setting up a new employee, I like to test out the email function to make sure it works. In the beginning, P/S only supported a few mail sites and ours wasn't one of them. Tech support got it fixed but I want to test before turning over to employee. To do so, however requires me to put a dummy email address into the employee record so when the program generates the initial password, I can retrieve it, then reset the email address to the correct value. Too many steps just to retrieve a password for a test.

Reasons for Choosing ParishSOFT

Diocese recommended and we were using P/S already.

Reasons for Switching to ParishSOFT

No longer required to run daily backups as it is automatically handled now. User access from any PC linked to the Web. Frees up space on local server not having to host the database.

Theresa from Our Lady of Perpetual Help Roman Catholic Church

A Welcome Improvement

Pros

ParishSoft is extremely user-friendly. The ease at which you can obtain a quick report as well as a detailed report was a welcome change after using our antiquated database. The IQ (Intelligent Query) module makes it extremely easy to customize a report (birthday report for a specific month for example) for downloading to excel.

Cons

On the family information screen I had to get a bit creative as you are not able to customize what appears on that screen. For example, I wanted to note our school families, winter residents and volunteers but there was not an option to do so. By using the map code box, I manually type in school family, et al. Having an option to customize would be beneficial.

Reasons for Switching to ParishSOFT

Shelby was just not user-friendly. The reports were a nightmare.

Jeanette from St. Malachi Parish

ParishSoft - Great Product

My overall experience with ParishSoft has been very positive. I previously had PDS which was much more difficult to use.

Pros

The software is so easy to use. Recording contributions is very easy and efficient. Thank you notes are easily generated. Love that labels can be created without have to enter additional information. The IQ feature is great and very easy to use and create reports.

Cons

I would prefer having the ability to add a new parishioner who is donating money while I am in the process of entering donations. Currently, I need to close out of contributions and enter the new family before I can enter their donation. It would also be helpful if I could store more that 5 letters in the system when sending out thank you notes.

Reasons for Choosing ParishSOFT

Did a lot of investigation. Received positive feedback from those using ParishSoft.

Reasons for Switching to ParishSOFT

Wanted to upgrade the program and have my versatility.

Betsy from Saint Mary Parish

Still learning after several years of use!

Overall, I like using the Family Suite. It is easy to input data to, and I think, it's very user friendly. I like the reports it makes. But I need to learn how to modify those reports. I'm sure there is a way..just haven't had the time to investigate. Also, whenever I have had to call Customer Service, which, lately, has been almost daily, or more, whomever I get is VERY patient with me and VERY helpful and knowledgeable! I would give them all 5 stars!

Pros

My church became a Collaborative with another church about two years ago. When that happened I needed access to both parishes. At first, I would need to log into the two different software's separately, but after contacting ParishSoft's GREAT Customer Service, they were able to make it so I can log in once and toggle from one parish to another! THAT makes my life at work MUCH better!!

Cons

Even after using ParishSoft for many years now, I am still learning new 'tricks'. The only thing that bugs me is when I toggle from one parish to the other and say, go to the Family Directory, and want to look up a family, then go to a different tab, like Religious Ed, the parish I'm looking at doesn't stay there! It reverts back to the previous parish. I've mentioned this to their Customer Service reps, and THEY have the same problem...and they deal with a lot more than 2 parishes! I think that when you choose parish #1 and want to work there, it should stay at #1 until you choose to go to parish #2. I'm not a software person, but there must be a way to do that.

Reasons for Choosing ParishSOFT

The Archdiocese of Boston personnel did their research for all of the parishes and they decided on ParishSoft....which I'm glad they did! I don't recall what we had before (it was about 12 years ago), but whatever we had we gave the data to ParishSoft and they converted it to their software! At first there were some glitches. But, all in all, their software is fantastic, and easy to use!

Joe from St. John the Evangelist Church (Greece, NY)

St. John the Evangelist Church (Greece, NY)

I often praise the full functionality of the product and how the various modules are integrated, but find certain nuisances VERY annoying.

Pros

Integration of modules; Ease of creating and editing Batches; editing individual entries one at a time or many at a time; flexibility around designing and printing Annual Giving Reports and Batch Reports; ability to retrieve Batches; ability to add "Funds" to our giving list; ability to add Donors on the fly, ability to have access to Family Suite while entering donations.

Cons

1. the "type ahead" function is - to me - very clunky - I am constantly having to retype whole or partial entries until I catch up with software. I have uses software for many years and have never run into this type of issue!! 2. when I am reviewing a batch I often cycle between posting entries and often editing entries but when I return to the "Contribution" list for the batch I have to re-type the Batch Name again with all the attendant issues mentioned above with the "type ahead" function. Why can't you keep the most recent Batch Name in the Box? Also, that Batch Name rarely appears in the Drop-down box. 4. I almost always select the 100 entries option when I review a Batch but I have to re-select this option every time I go back to the Batch. Why can't I have 100 entries be the default for a session once I select it?

Alicia from Our Lady of Peace

Still Learning

I just wish it was more user friendly, with the ability to go in and make corrections when necessary. Especially since most parishes have volunteers to help out. But volunteers are prone to mistakes. I hope that after using it for a few years I will become more proficient but with so much to know I am not sure how long that will take. I would really like to have personal training in the software because of how much we would like to use it for we've recently purchased additional modules to expand our use but I have yet to find time to train.

Pros

I love that EVERYTHING can be organized by one software package. Our Diocese wants every Parish on it. It's great that if a parish Family moves their records can move with them. Admittedly I am still learning and there are training modules for everything they are a bit time consuming but I am glad you provide them.

Cons

There are plenty of digital payment options that would cost the church a lot less. Perhaps it does too much because sometimes getting reports on information I need seems inaccurate, certainly clumsy. Admittedly I am responsible for more than the average user but there are clumsy processes that you absolutely must remember or the data will be wrong. Then going back in to correct anything is a nightmare. If the weekly contributions are not entered correctly or the day they are counted you cannot change things later very effectively, then it will not show up in the year end report correctly. That said I just wish it was more user friendly, with the ability to go in and make corrections when necessary. Especially since most parishes have volunteers to help out. But volunteers are prone to mistakes.

The Diocese mandate is ParishSOFT

Martina from St. Denis Parish

Administrative Assistant

Not as user friendly as ParishSoft Accounting but okay

Pros

Like online registration feature Like that you can like family suite with religious education

Cons

I can't edit the email sent to new users Can't get all the information I need from new users unless I send a follow up email Would like to click save only once when entering a new family

Former provider sold company

Sue from St. John Neumann Catholic Church

This software supports our mission of connectional ministry!

At every church, I have worked, we have been able to streamline processes and improve connections and communication with ParishSoft. Good data in equals informed staff and great customer service which ultimately lead people to Christ!

Pros

Parishsoft has all of the key data fields to know and contact your congregation. If you are committed to good data in, this software can enhance your knowledge of who you need to serve. With the development of MyChurch, PS opened another door for updating old family info, egiving and more. I have used ParishSoft since 2005 and over the moon with the upgrade in the Software. It is better visually organized for the user & runs reliably. Support and development are responsive to your challenges and needs. It is relatively easy to train new users because the way data populates to related suites is intuitive. They have a good list of essential reports that all churches would need.

Cons

What I Like Least: I am still wishing for a feature that allows users with admin permission to create simpler, data specific reports with user chosen fields feature. :-) The standard reports are comprehensive, but are hard to read. I have to spend a lot of time eliminating the data I don't need from the csv. Perhaps there is an easy way to get what I need?? That I can't create a custom registration form based on the fields in the religious ed module. Our form asks all of the questions based on these data fields. Why not? We spend so much time entering data that could populate when approved. Pretty Please?? Your written help needs to be visually simplified. It is often difficult to get a result that answers my question.

Elvira from Archdiocese of San Francisco

Data Management

I have had a very positive experience with Parish Soft overall. Customer Support has been superb, the software itself has been easy to work with. I am not at all computer savvy, but I have come to love working with ParishSoft. I started with learning to enter people's basic information, to entering and tracking donations, mailing out end of year donation statements, to managing class enrollment, tuition payments and tracking attendance in Religious Ed, entering and printing Sacrament certificates and now I am learning to build my own queries! Of course I get to call Customer Support every couple of tasks that I get stuck on and they have been very friendly and knowledgeable. They also are very patient and do not get exasperated when it take me awhile to understand the process (if they do, they do not show it, haha!, and I appreciate that!)

Pros

It is very user friendly. As someone who works with the database on a daily basis, the ease with which I can extract and isolate specific groups and information and the amount of time involved in the process makes a big difference to my day. Plus, should I get stuck on a particular process, Customer Support is very knowledgeable as well as very accessible, which is one of the factors we have stuck with Parish Soft for the last 6 years or so!

Cons

I don't like how there is no flexibility in Lookups, Celebrants. I wish I did not have to go out of inputting Sacraments so I can enter the name of a Celebrant who is not yet on the system and then have to go back to finish entering that Sacrament information. I wish there was an option of entering a Celebrant's name that is not yet on the system and it would just capture that information unto the list for future use.

Beverly from St. Joseph Catholic Church

Comprehensive program for all churches

I feel the program overall is excellent. It has features that can includes any possible scenario that even huge businesses or organizations can use with great results. The program is far-reaching in the aspects of data keeping, storing, importing, exporting, assembling in various modes, statistical records--- this program does it all. I am sure it has features that I have not even begun to explore or will ever use. But there are organizations that can use all it has to offer. This is a very good program for all types of business.

Pros

The accuracy of keeping all the data I need to access is great. Most of the features I use are fairly easy to learn. There are so many features of this program that it will literally do whatever command you need as it stores so much data that you will never lose anything important. Switching over from our old parish data system was not simple. It took a while to learn the features in order to feel comfortable using it.

Cons

I feel there cannot possible be any features missing from this software. We are a small church and do not use hardly any of the brilliant features that this program has to offer. However, the features I use I had to learn little at a time. It was difficult for me as I am not very computer savvy. Some things still are difficult for me to figure out such as reports with specific data. But as I learn the system, I learn to access the reports. At times I call on the support team who are brilliant and very quick to answer my request.

Sr. Marie from St. Columba Religious Education

We are Efficient and Effective because We use ParishSoft

We are running efficiently and effectively. I have used ParishSoft for 10 years and have enjoyed growing with their help!

Pros

I like that ParishSoft is specifically designed for Religious Education programming. I love the fact that the program continues to grow. Users are asked for feedback and evaluations. The company is responsive to needs and provides gracious, capable customer service.

Cons

I have no complaints. I am a very satisfied costumer!

Reasons for Choosing ParishSOFT

I found an advertisement left behind by the former director of religious ed in my desk drawer. I researched it and decided to try it. I have never had reason to look elsewhere. This is what I needed.

Reasons for Switching to ParishSOFT

The public school platform was designed for public school use. It was not responsive to the scheduling of religious education nor did it have portals for sacramental records. I inherited this program but found ConnectNow which then became ParishSoft. It is designed for parish functioning.

Kathryn from St John the Baptist Catholic Church

Smart Organization for a Parish

From this bookkeeper's point of view, being able to track Family Giving within the Family Directory is a huge deal. I love that Online Giving is easily integrated as well. When I began a couple of years ago, there were notebooks and different programs for different purposes. Now, everything we need is within ParishSOFT, one program to learn, one to open throughout the day, and it's actually becoming automatic and so much easier. Customer Service is very patient and helpful, and I've actually not needed to call in a couple of months. The resources that I print are all I need if I have a situation I'm not clear about. All in all, I can easily keep track of parishioners, addresses, giving, and communication.

Pros

Family Suite is a well-organized way to keep track of ever-changing addresses, financial data, and members of our organization. Once learned, changes are easy and quick to make!

Cons

There is no shortcut for experience to make this easier, but when I first used Family Suite, I had a couple of months of anxiety. There are many step-by-step printable directions, for every possible situation, but I still found myself needing to call Customer Support for "live help." This is all to say: ParishSOFT Family Suite is complex!

Reasons for Switching to ParishSOFT

Our Diocese chose this program.

Catalina from St. Helena of the True Cross

My experience with parish soft

I am very pleased. I do pretty much everything on it. Family lists, keepin up with registrations, religious ed, mailouts, deposits and end of year contributions statements.

Pros

I like the religious education module and the financial capabilities of this program

I don't know

Reasons for Switching to ParishSOFT

The diocese made the change.

Mary from St. Andrew the Apostle Catholic Church

Great Software

Overall great

Pros

Parish Soft Family Suite is easy to use for posting contributions and running contributions reports.

Cons

Reports for family and labels are not as easy to use

Presentation

Reasons for Switching to ParishSOFT

Was presented your product at a show

Kathleen from St. Joseph Church

Functionality of Parish Soft Family Suite

Over all, it does give me a lot of what I need to complete a task or when inputting data.

Pros

Many different areas are connected and share information

Cons

When Inputting sacraments for a large group, there are a lot of different screens we have to go through and things don't repeat easily. For instance, if I am reporting the First Eucharist reception of 84 children, I have to repeat the zip code and search for the church and for the presider rather than being able to go through the entire class since they are all serviced in the same church by the same presider.

Cindy from Blessed Sacrament Church

Cindy's review

It is a decent program, and does most of what we need it to do.

Pros

Keeps all the info in one system instead of different programs that you have to go in and out of.

Cons

The parish DB is getting easier to use. There are still some things that could be better. Such as when a family is registered in one church in the diocese you can not add info to the file from another parish. Which I understand for the most part you don't want to do that without permission but there are some instances where it makes it very difficult to add sacramental information, when a family is registered in one church and attends another church and receives a sacrament at that church, but they do not own the family record.

Donna from Holy Ghost Church

ParishSoft Review

I feel confident using this software, and after much trial and some error it is nice to know there are ways to back out errors and I don't have to freak out. Technical support is excellent!

Pros

I was stubborn and reluctant at first, I did not want to learn a new software... but once I put my stubborness aside I became friends with ParishSoft. Was trained in an August, and felt proficient by end of September and felt an expert by November of the same year. I am happy with ParishSoft and do not want to change software EVER.

Cons

Nothing about the software comes to mind, just the change of product I was initially reluctant about.

Reasons for Choosing ParishSOFT

This was an Archdiocese decision.

Archdiocesan Decision

Julie from St. Aloysius Catholic Church

Very Complete Software Program

I am very pleased with ParishSOFT. It gets the job done!

Pros

Now that I know how to use the software, I love it and use it daily and with ease. It is easy to use Family Suite for your daily needs, and then, it can do whatever you want it to do with a little help from QuickReports or with the help of Tech support. Also, the Offering program is easy to use and even fairly easy to instruct others on how to use it. This program can do so much more than what we use on a daily basis, it would be nice to have a refresher course on how to use more. It would help to have a course on IQ alone.

Cons

IQ is difficult as there are too many options.

Earl from Our Lady of Divine Providence Catholic Church

Almost Better Than A Fried Shrimp Po-Boy

Once I realized all that I was capable of doing with the Religious Education component of the Suite, I was all in. But, for me, the most important aspect of the whole experience is the support I have been afforded every time that I needed to use it. The Support Staff is knowledgeable, friendly, eager to help, and relentless (they will not give up until they have assisted you).

Pros

It might be better to list what I don't like because there would be a lot less typing. I like every aspect of the Religious Education Feature. Every bit of data that I put in regarding classes, students, Sacraments, Fees, schedules is right at my fingertips whenever I need them. The ease in which new parents can go in and register is a very big plus. Should I continue?

Cons

Close your eyes and tell me what you see. There is nothing that I don't like about it.

Catherine from RC Diocese of Victoria

Great Customer Support

Excellent experience

Pros

Once you learn to use the software it is easy to use. If rum into any kind of obstacles the support team is always cheerful, willing and patient (even when I am frustrated and maybe not so patient). They are truly helpful and listen to my concerns and suggestions with an open mind. Always respond quickly!

Cons

I find the IQ reporting very challenging.

Jean from Blessed Sacrament

Help when you need it.

I like the ability to post the donations by parishioners and be able to give them a record of their contributions at the end of the year.

Pros

I inherited the software when I took the position. It was fairly easy to figure out and at that time there were manuals to help. The upgrade to the next level was easy. While I am able to use the software on a regular basis, when I have a problem the support staff at ParishSoft is by far the best I have ever dealt with in any business or company. The technicians are friendly, helpful and above all kind and patient.

Cons

The software has worked well for our needs.

Liz from St Stephens Catholic Church

Parish soft makes things easier

My end of the year giving statements are so much easier with this program.

Pros

It makes keeping track of tithing etc, easier. All parishes in the diocese are able to share information. Parish soft generates reports that make things so much easier.

Cons

The worst part was implementing the switch. Getting all the new parishioners information and sacraments did take some time, but once done, it makes things so much easier!

Required by diocese.

Dawn from Catholic Diocese of Sioux Falls

Best diocesan and parish management software available in the market today

We have been customers since 2005 and still believe that this product was the right way to go. The development of additional features and functionality has been slower this past year than we as customers would like to see. There have been more "bug fixes" than added features. There are many opportunities for the company to grow and mature and we believe that they are committed to taking the steps to make that growth happen. As a customer, I wish that more resources were committed to making that growth happen at a faster rate. We continue to patiently wait....some wait more patiently than others ;-). We understand the challenges of finding well-committed developers and look forward to seeing the development cycle make significant speed and accuracy improvements as it seriously needs to. Customer Communication needs some serious improvement and should be more transparent without jeopardizing corporate intellectual property.

Pros

The fact that it is WEB BASED and there are excellent staff members at ParishSOFT who truly care about the customers and feel more like "partners in arms".

Cons

Too many bugs and serious issues with software releases. Not enough testing goes into the software before it's pushed out the door. Also clear communication regarding when updates are applied to a diocese.

Lisa from Archdiocese of Boston

Very easy to use and fast when you have the RIGHT equipment!

Super easy to organize every aspect of a parish from tracking parishioners, entering offertory, managing religious education and scheduling volunteers.

Pros

Extremely easy, cloud based, user friendly. Easy to manage a parish of 25,000 and using Rel Ed is super easy! Take advantage of using all the modules - not just one! It does alot if you take the time an learn it. Not in agreement with other reviews posted here when 90% of program issues are between the seat and the keyboard.

Cons

Features promised not yet implemented such as child safety and cori tracking as well as the ability to 'notify now'.

Joanne from Church of the Holy Family

Vital Database for Parish

Tech support is to be commended for their efficient and timely response to concerns or issues with queries.

Pros

The many features of maintaining parish information especially offerings is very user friendly. Our parish has been using ParishSoft for many years but especially since we converted to cloud-based use and new version that was implemented over a year and a half ago is extremely helpful and efficient is handling data. Would recommend to other parishes.

Cons

Been using newest upgrade for over a year and have no complaints.

Judy from St. John's United Church of Christ

Accounting Module

We are able to manage all of our accounting needs with this software. Some reports are a bit complicated to produce but overall we get the information that we need. They do offer training webinars that are very helpful. The online resources cover a lot of information as well.

Pros

This software has the ability to add and maintain lots of different accounts without being too complicated.

Cons

Slow response to emailed support questions. I am always able to get the answer with their online help (which is not always easy to find) before I get a response from an emailed question.

MaryAnn from Holy Spirit Catholic Church

Information Requested

The parishioners information part is good. The offering part is not good - only because before we had a SUPER SIMPLE system with lots of checks and balances and this one added at least an hour with no real checks. I worry because unfortunately I am a human and I make mistakes.

Pros

They were able to transfer the information we had in the other product to this new one without me having to enter everyone individually.

Cons

Change is hard. The offering part - again because we had such a simple system with easy checks

Rosario from Our Lady of the Americas Catholic Mission

ParishSoft Family Suite

I am still trying to clean my database and the duplicates is what is taking time, slowly resolving the issue

Pros

I like the way is integrated with all the users in the Diocese. I can see if Mr. and Mrs. John Doe are members on our parish or another parish.

Cons

It is a bit slow when it comes to do a report, but I guess is because is communicating with the entire database

Antonio from St Martin of Tours Catholic Church

Excellent Church Management System

I have worked with the system about 2 years and have been pleased with the ease of using it. The documentation and tutorials were most helpful in learning the system. Technical support has always been top notch. They were patient with me as a new user. When I discover system trouble, they have been quick to respond with solutions.

Pros

ParishSOFT ChMS is easy and intuitive to use. It provides us with the tools we need to manage our parishioner records.

Cons

Incomplete integration to ParishSOFT Online Giving System

Susan from Cedar Grove Christian Academy

Parishsoft keeps our finances in order

Parishsoft is easy to use for keeping track of the financial aspects of our non-profit religious school. I do not need to be an accounting genius to use the program!

Pros

It was very similar to the program we were using, so getting accustomed to it didn't seem stressful at all. I was pleased to move to a cloud-based program so I didn't have to worry about backing up my system.

Cons

I haven't actually experienced a part of the software that I like the least. There are so many aspects for which I am thankful.

Reasons for Choosing ParishSOFT

I heard that the creators of ParishSOFT used similar features as Accountrak, and when I did a webinar to try the program, I was already familiar with the way it works. That was a relief for me, since it was not a huge learning curve.

Reasons for Switching to ParishSOFT

Accountrak, with Chalkable, stopped being supported. I could still use the program on my computer, but it is not being written, updated, or supported anywhere anymore. I would have to "go it alone", and that scared me! I need to know that if I can't figure out an issue, I have someone to call.

Concepcion from Our Lady of Sorrows Parish

Overall use of the program.

We have been fairly satisfied with the program overall, but it has been frustrating that our e-mail function is not allowing us to send out any e-mails.

Pros

The record keeping sofware is good. The ability to retrieve our information is also good.

Cons

We are currently trying to do bulk e-mails and have not been able to make it work. The IT Support Staff is working on the issue for us but still no luck.

Mary Jo from Our Lady of Lourdes Parish & School

Keeping up to date Information

The ease of inputting information, the organization of that information, and the ease to review the information makes this program a blessing to our record-keeping process.

Pros

I like that I can review parishioners' status of involvement in our parish and in other parishes. Being able to verify details helps me to offer the appropriate services to individuals and families. The reports are helpful for work done away from the computer as well as on the computer.

Cons

I find it frustrating to have to "buy up" to another level to be able to utilize the information we gather and input for specific reporting needs.

Marlene from Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church

I like that it is easy to use and support is always there to help you

It is much easier to look up parishioners and find out what their contributions are so far for the year.

Pros

I use the accounting program the most but also use the Family Suite to find parishioners,

Cons

I can't say that their was anything I didn't like about the program

Reasons for Choosing ParishSOFT

It was picked because of the easier access to programs that are easy to use. It also gives us all the information to help our parishioners.

Theresa from St. Domini'c Parish

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Heaven sent!

Parish soft is used for our religious education program at St. Dominic's Parish in San Antonio. This is the first time I have used the program. I have been teaching in public schools for quite some time and this is one of the simplest programs I have used.

Pros

The support is awesome that I get from the Parish-soft staff. I especially like the reports that can be printed at any time. If a teacher calls me and needs a list of students I can print it with no problem. Especially for attendance its a great tool for any campus.

Cons

To be honest there is nothing that I don't like about this software.

Victoria from St. Elizabeth Ann Seton

Time saver

We have used ParishSOFT since 2010 or so. We have been able to use the software to help serve our congregation better. It is very extensive and can be used by anyone with computer skills.

Pros

This software helps to keep track of all aspects of your parish from donations to sacraments and religious education.

Cons

Some information does not carryover from one module to another.

It was more inclusive.

They were bought out.

Christina from Holy Spirit

Parishsoft needs help

It's just fine. You can run a ton of different reports based on a any number of things, which is helpful. I can see the registered parishoners who will soon age into/out of our programs and reach out to families who are/aren't participating in things.

Pros

Cons

It runs incredibly slow, even right after an update.

Hope from Diocese of Baker

A company for the customer

We began our relationship with ParishSoft several years ago when they merged with Logos, our current software company at the time. Since then we have migrated our diocese over to ParishSoft products. I have to say the best thing for us is to be working with a company that knows the church and listens to its customers. I really feel like ParishSoft is our partner and a part of our diocese rather than just a software company.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

The payroll module could use some upgrading.

Marcella from St Joseph

My Review M. Jensen

Pros

This system is very user friendly. I had just taken the job at my Parish, when we were transitioning into the new PS system, and it was a very easy transition for me. The training provided by your company was excellent.

Cons

I still have a hard time with some of the reports. Maybe some type of extra help with the different reports we can access or maybe a refresher.

karina from Sacred Heart

Awesome!

Pros

ParishSOFT is very user friendly, you can easily add members and contribution and print report. Customer service is awesome, they respond so quickly and they will give you all the resources that you need if you encounter any problem, they are very efficient.

Cons

Integration just had a few glitch but overall it was smooth after we went live.

Mayet from Divine Merch Catholic Church

great support

I like that whenever I get stuck in a task, support is justa call or an email away.

Pros

The support is always there when you need it.

Cons

The cost because you have to pay for almost every feature you want to add on, like to get the IQ feature will cost extra, etc.

Maresa from St. Thomas More Catholic Church

Great product!

Pros

I use Parish Soft Family Suite on a daily basis. It is easy to use. I am able to organize and re-organize the info. there according to the needs of the parish. The support over the phone is excellent and I like to receive the follow-up report. Sometimes I print it out for future reference.

Cons

I wish there were more categories where I could put parishioners into groups such as: Confirmation, First Communion, Baptism and Youth Group. It would also be nice if we could add ministries.

Cathryn from St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church

ParishSoft

Overall, once you learn the program, as with any software, it is pretty easy to use. If you have questions or issues, there are tutorials and help just a phonecall away.

Pros

I like that it is simple to use once learning the steps and procedures. I also like that during tax time, a tutorial pops up to help you go through the steps to process your tax statements.

Cons

We have multiple parishes in our system, so to switch between them to input data for offertory, you have to go to 3 different places to change out the parish to be sure you are entering the data correctly for that parish. That could be made easier so if you switch it on the main part of the program, you don't have to go back to two other places to switch it as well.

Terri from Church of the Good Shepherd

Excellent Product

My overall experience has been very positive. It was a majoy improvement over out old system, and I am very pleased.

Pros

This program is easy to use. I like that it has guided support for each page or section, and seems logical in its set-up. They are responsive when there is a problem. Many updates have been added over the years, making the system better. I also like how it is integrated with ParishSoft Giving, which makes our online giving very easy for our parishioners.

Cons

I found it straightforward to use, and questions were answered quickly.

Reasons for Choosing ParishSOFT

I am not sure. I was not the one who reviewed and shopped for the new system.

Reasons for Switching to ParishSOFT

The system was outdated and cumbersome to use.

Jeanine from St. John's Church, Woodstock, NY

Online verison

Customer service and support are excellent! This product helps me keep track of my parishioners, their family suite, their donations and gives me the ability to run many useful reports. I no longer dread getting ready for tax season!

Pros

We upgraded from the desktop software to the online version and we couldn't be happier. The migration of data was seamless. The online software suite made my daily and weekly tasks so much faster. It's very user-friendly. Their customer support is excellent!!!

Cons

I was not a fan of the desktop software version. But honestly, we were using a very old version of software and we only switched when it wasn't going to be supported any longer. Using that old version of software was the least favorite part of my job. Upon upgrading and migrating to the online version....all of my issues were resolve! And now its a pleasure to use the software.

Matthew from Church of the Incarnation

Easy to Use Software

I've really enjoyed using it. It's easy to use after a couple of entries.

Pros

This software is for the most part intuitive and does not require a lot of computer experience. You fill in the necessary fields and in minutes, you're done. A new parishioner has been registered. Sometimes, the drop down choices stall or stay pending. But, I suspect that Parish Soft will fix that in future editions.

Cons

The drop down arrows stall. I think it should be a simple fix by the programmers.

Tiffany from Diocese of SLC

ParishSoft Review

I have been working with ParishSoft for six years. Starting with Accounting and now with Family Suite. We have converted all products over to the ConnectNow online product. The staff with ParishSoft is fantastic. I am always helped in a timely and friendly manner.

Pros

I love that everything is online and accessible from anywhere.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches or it runs a little slower than I work.

Rita from St. Thomas the Apostle Church

St. Thomas the Apostle Church

Good

Pros

The fact that it is so user friendly and had all the features we needed in a church software.

Cons

Having to keep logging in. Logs me out after about 10 minutes of non-use.

Reasons for Choosing ParishSOFT

One of our employees researched ParishSOFT and it fit our needs.

Reasons for Switching to ParishSOFT

We were using an outdated DOS system.