What are ParishSOFT users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ParishSOFT software through verified user reviews

• icon"All parishes in the diocese are able to share information. Parish soft generates reports that make things so much easier."
  • icon"M happy to have demographic information at my fingertips that’s user friendly."
  • icon"I have used ParishSoft since 2005 and over the moon with the upgrade in the Software. It is better visually organized for the user & runs reliably."
  • icon"It is too easy to make a mistake and enter envelopes into the wrong fund."
  • icon"Lack of customer concern. Started off very disappointed and it got worse."
  • icon"I feel there cannot possible be any features missing from this software."

Browse all ParishSOFT Reviews

• Have you used ParishSOFT and would like to share your experience with others?

Mike

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Not A Fan

Craig

April 2022

ParishSOFT is beyond my expectations

Pros

ParishSOFT has an excellent customer service. They are fast in responsing and understands the problems I am facing. It is a pleasure to use their software.

Cons

ecerything is pretty fine so far, I have nothing to add negative for now.

Seaneen

ParishSOFT Family Suite is the best Software for Parishes

Our experience with ParishSOFT Family Suite has been extremely positive. ParishSOFT understands the true meaning of customer service. They are easy to work with. When you call, the service rep is very knowledgeable with the product and they are easy to hear and understand what they are saying. We love this program and will never switch back.

Pros

The ease of using this software is one of the best features. It makes posting contributions fast and accurate. For us, posting Contributions before ParishSOFT took at the minimum a day but usually a day and a half. With ParishSOFT it take an hour.

Cons

The only thing that I think is needed is the ability to add a new family from the detailed contributions posting page. It would be faster if we didn’t have to close out of Contributions and go into Family Directory and then back into Contributions to post.

Reasons for choosing ParishSOFT

The ParishSOFT Family Suite is the easiest one to use. We preview a lot of other products and they didn’t have everything we needed.

Reasons for switching to ParishSOFT

Because tracking contributions on Excel was very time consuming.

Leo

Connect Now is absolutely awful!

I have used the desktop version for over 10 years. It wasn't perfect but it worked. We were forced to get the online Connect Now version and it is terrible: 1) The Religious Ed. section takes an average of 12-16 seconds to load a mouse click. A MOUSE CLICK! That means that entering a single piece of information in one persons record can take up to 4 minutes. 2) When you are actually able to open a class, record, or individual beside it taking 12-16 seconds to open, the user functions are not friendly at all. If I open a class and chose a student in the class do my thing and then close out it takes me to the main screen instead of back to that class. That's not helpful at all since I'm in need of going back to that class record for the next student. 3) We were blatantly lied to by the sales rep and the VP of Sales as well. We have a large parish (16,000 +) and the sales person said we would be fine with such a large number. After 2 months of speed issues (Still not resolved) and being told it was our servers that were slow the VP told us, "We cannot process the amount of data that your parish has. Our sales team should have told you this." When we asked the VP why he hand said this to us when we started dealing with him the VP had no answer. 4) It is abundantly clear that ParishSofts Connect Now servers are not the adequate size to process the type of data parishes have. We had our IT team look at our serves and after numerous test it was conclusive that the issue is on Parish Softs end. Conclusion: If you have more than 200 people in your parish do not use the Connect Now program. Our parish has been incapable of processing registrations, sacramental records, attendance, etc because of how ridiculously slow the Connect Now program is. There are various parishes who have complained about the same issue to Parish Soft and nothing has been done.

Pros

The online version is awful. Stick to the desktop version.

Cons

Online version literally takes 12-16 seconds per mouse click, which makes it virtually impossible to get anything done.

Alicia

ParishSOFT Family Suite

Our overall experience the last 7 years have been excellent, it makes our jobs easier and any questions ParishSOFT has an incredible team that will answer your questions or solve your issues in no time.

Pros

I can have all the information of our Parish in one software that I can access from anywhere. Family information, Religious Education Program, Offering that merge so easy from ParishSOFT Online giving, Tuition, and Administration to give the staff different levels of access.

Cons

Open different tabs at the same time, and a picture of the family.

Reasons for choosing ParishSOFT

I wanted a program that was online, not a desktop. We can access from any laptop, desktop, iPad, or even phone. We didn't want the headache of upgrading the software, we don't have to worry about any of it, which makes the staff appreciate the Family Suite so much.

Family Suite Implementatiion

We are tracking our parishioners easier now and have uploaded most of the Religious Education and Sacramental Records to the cloud.

Pros

Initial integration was a breeze. Uploaded a copy of our database and P/S transferred it to the cloud in one day. Now employees can access database from anywhere, even home, especially useful during the Covid-19 pandemic when everyone was locked down.

Cons

As administrator, when setting up a new employee, I like to test out the email function to make sure it works. In the beginning, P/S only supported a few mail sites and ours wasn't one of them. Tech support got it fixed but I want to test before turning over to employee. To do so, however requires me to put a dummy email address into the employee record so when the program generates the initial password, I can retrieve it, then reset the email address to the correct value. Too many steps just to retrieve a password for a test.

Reasons for choosing ParishSOFT

Diocese recommended and we were using P/S already.

Reasons for switching to ParishSOFT

No longer required to run daily backups as it is automatically handled now. User access from any PC linked to the Web. Frees up space on local server not having to host the database.

Theresa

A Welcome Improvement

Pros

ParishSoft is extremely user-friendly. The ease at which you can obtain a quick report as well as a detailed report was a welcome change after using our antiquated database. The IQ (Intelligent Query) module makes it extremely easy to customize a report (birthday report for a specific month for example) for downloading to excel.

Cons

On the family information screen I had to get a bit creative as you are not able to customize what appears on that screen. For example, I wanted to note our school families, winter residents and volunteers but there was not an option to do so. By using the map code box, I manually type in school family, et al. Having an option to customize would be beneficial.

Reasons for switching to ParishSOFT

Shelby was just not user-friendly. The reports were a nightmare.

Betsy

Still learning after several years of use!

Overall, I like using the Family Suite. It is easy to input data to, and I think, it's very user friendly. I like the reports it makes. But I need to learn how to modify those reports. I'm sure there is a way..just haven't had the time to investigate. Also, whenever I have had to call Customer Service, which, lately, has been almost daily, or more, whomever I get is VERY patient with me and VERY helpful and knowledgeable! I would give them all 5 stars!

Pros

My church became a Collaborative with another church about two years ago. When that happened I needed access to both parishes. At first, I would need to log into the two different software's separately, but after contacting ParishSoft's GREAT Customer Service, they were able to make it so I can log in once and toggle from one parish to another! THAT makes my life at work MUCH better!!

Cons

Even after using ParishSoft for many years now, I am still learning new 'tricks'. The only thing that bugs me is when I toggle from one parish to the other and say, go to the Family Directory, and want to look up a family, then go to a different tab, like Religious Ed, the parish I'm looking at doesn't stay there! It reverts back to the previous parish. I've mentioned this to their Customer Service reps, and THEY have the same problem...and they deal with a lot more than 2 parishes! I think that when you choose parish #1 and want to work there, it should stay at #1 until you choose to go to parish #2. I'm not a software person, but there must be a way to do that.

Reasons for choosing ParishSOFT

The Archdiocese of Boston personnel did their research for all of the parishes and they decided on ParishSoft....which I'm glad they did! I don't recall what we had before (it was about 12 years ago), but whatever we had we gave the data to ParishSoft and they converted it to their software! At first there were some glitches. But, all in all, their software is fantastic, and easy to use!

Joe

St. John the Evangelist Church (Greece, NY)

I often praise the full functionality of the product and how the various modules are integrated, but find certain nuisances VERY annoying.

Pros

Integration of modules; Ease of creating and editing Batches; editing individual entries one at a time or many at a time; flexibility around designing and printing Annual Giving Reports and Batch Reports; ability to retrieve Batches; ability to add "Funds" to our giving list; ability to add Donors on the fly, ability to have access to Family Suite while entering donations.

Cons

1. the "type ahead" function is - to me - very clunky - I am constantly having to retype whole or partial entries until I catch up with software. I have uses software for many years and have never run into this type of issue!! 2. when I am reviewing a batch I often cycle between posting entries and often editing entries but when I return to the "Contribution" list for the batch I have to re-type the Batch Name again with all the attendant issues mentioned above with the "type ahead" function. Why can't you keep the most recent Batch Name in the Box? Also, that Batch Name rarely appears in the Drop-down box. 4. I almost always select the 100 entries option when I review a Batch but I have to re-select this option every time I go back to the Batch. Why can't I have 100 entries be the default for a session once I select it?

Alicia

Still Learning

I just wish it was more user friendly, with the ability to go in and make corrections when necessary. Especially since most parishes have volunteers to help out. But volunteers are prone to mistakes. I hope that after using it for a few years I will become more proficient but with so much to know I am not sure how long that will take. I would really like to have personal training in the software because of how much we would like to use it for we've recently purchased additional modules to expand our use but I have yet to find time to train.

Pros

I love that EVERYTHING can be organized by one software package. Our Diocese wants every Parish on it. It's great that if a parish Family moves their records can move with them. Admittedly I am still learning and there are training modules for everything they are a bit time consuming but I am glad you provide them.

Cons

There are plenty of digital payment options that would cost the church a lot less. Perhaps it does too much because sometimes getting reports on information I need seems inaccurate, certainly clumsy. Admittedly I am responsible for more than the average user but there are clumsy processes that you absolutely must remember or the data will be wrong. Then going back in to correct anything is a nightmare. If the weekly contributions are not entered correctly or the day they are counted you cannot change things later very effectively, then it will not show up in the year end report correctly. That said I just wish it was more user friendly, with the ability to go in and make corrections when necessary. Especially since most parishes have volunteers to help out. But volunteers are prone to mistakes.

The Diocese mandate is ParishSOFT

Deann

Old fashioned Church management System

Pros

I like that I don't have to scroll for the household

Cons

It's so old fashioned looking and functioning

Reasons for choosing ParishSOFT

The church was told that the archdioceses used this system so we had to as well

Sue

This software supports our mission of connectional ministry!

At every church, I have worked, we have been able to streamline processes and improve connections and communication with ParishSoft. Good data in equals informed staff and great customer service which ultimately lead people to Christ!

Pros

Parishsoft has all of the key data fields to know and contact your congregation. If you are committed to good data in, this software can enhance your knowledge of who you need to serve. With the development of MyChurch, PS opened another door for updating old family info, egiving and more. I have used ParishSoft since 2005 and over the moon with the upgrade in the Software. It is better visually organized for the user & runs reliably. Support and development are responsive to your challenges and needs. It is relatively easy to train new users because the way data populates to related suites is intuitive. They have a good list of essential reports that all churches would need.

Cons

What I Like Least: I am still wishing for a feature that allows users with admin permission to create simpler, data specific reports with user chosen fields feature. :-) The standard reports are comprehensive, but are hard to read. I have to spend a lot of time eliminating the data I don't need from the csv. Perhaps there is an easy way to get what I need?? That I can't create a custom registration form based on the fields in the religious ed module. Our form asks all of the questions based on these data fields. Why not? We spend so much time entering data that could populate when approved. Pretty Please?? Your written help needs to be visually simplified. It is often difficult to get a result that answers my question.

Elvira

Data Management

I have had a very positive experience with Parish Soft overall. Customer Support has been superb, the software itself has been easy to work with. I am not at all computer savvy, but I have come to love working with ParishSoft. I started with learning to enter people's basic information, to entering and tracking donations, mailing out end of year donation statements, to managing class enrollment, tuition payments and tracking attendance in Religious Ed, entering and printing Sacrament certificates and now I am learning to build my own queries! Of course I get to call Customer Support every couple of tasks that I get stuck on and they have been very friendly and knowledgeable. They also are very patient and do not get exasperated when it take me awhile to understand the process (if they do, they do not show it, haha!, and I appreciate that!)

Pros

It is very user friendly. As someone who works with the database on a daily basis, the ease with which I can extract and isolate specific groups and information and the amount of time involved in the process makes a big difference to my day. Plus, should I get stuck on a particular process, Customer Support is very knowledgeable as well as very accessible, which is one of the factors we have stuck with Parish Soft for the last 6 years or so!

Cons

I don't like how there is no flexibility in Lookups, Celebrants. I wish I did not have to go out of inputting Sacraments so I can enter the name of a Celebrant who is not yet on the system and then have to go back to finish entering that Sacrament information. I wish there was an option of entering a Celebrant's name that is not yet on the system and it would just capture that information unto the list for future use.

Reasons for choosing ParishSOFT

Ease of use and Customer Support.

Reasons for switching to ParishSOFT

it was getting antiquated and had none of the flexibility of the more modern software.

Beverly

Comprehensive program for all churches

I feel the program overall is excellent. It has features that can includes any possible scenario that even huge businesses or organizations can use with great results. The program is far-reaching in the aspects of data keeping, storing, importing, exporting, assembling in various modes, statistical records--- this program does it all. I am sure it has features that I have not even begun to explore or will ever use. But there are organizations that can use all it has to offer. This is a very good program for all types of business.

Pros

The accuracy of keeping all the data I need to access is great. Most of the features I use are fairly easy to learn. There are so many features of this program that it will literally do whatever command you need as it stores so much data that you will never lose anything important. Switching over from our old parish data system was not simple. It took a while to learn the features in order to feel comfortable using it.

Cons

I feel there cannot possible be any features missing from this software. We are a small church and do not use hardly any of the brilliant features that this program has to offer. However, the features I use I had to learn little at a time. It was difficult for me as I am not very computer savvy. Some things still are difficult for me to figure out such as reports with specific data. But as I learn the system, I learn to access the reports. At times I call on the support team who are brilliant and very quick to answer my request.

Reasons for switching to ParishSOFT

It was not my decision to switch. Our diocese made the switch for all of the churches in our area.

Jeanette

ParishSoft - Great Product

My overall experience with ParishSoft has been very positive. I previously had PDS which was much more difficult to use.

Pros

The software is so easy to use. Recording contributions is very easy and efficient. Thank you notes are easily generated. Love that labels can be created without have to enter additional information. The IQ feature is great and very easy to use and create reports.

Cons

I would prefer having the ability to add a new parishioner who is donating money while I am in the process of entering donations. Currently, I need to close out of contributions and enter the new family before I can enter their donation. It would also be helpful if I could store more that 5 letters in the system when sending out thank you notes.

Reasons for choosing ParishSOFT

Did a lot of investigation. Received positive feedback from those using ParishSoft.

Reasons for switching to ParishSOFT

Wanted to upgrade the program and have my versatility.

Sr. Marie

We are Efficient and Effective because We use ParishSoft

We are running efficiently and effectively. I have used ParishSoft for 10 years and have enjoyed growing with their help!

Pros

I like that ParishSoft is specifically designed for Religious Education programming. I love the fact that the program continues to grow. Users are asked for feedback and evaluations. The company is responsive to needs and provides gracious, capable customer service.

Cons

I have no complaints. I am a very satisfied costumer!

Reasons for choosing ParishSOFT

I found an advertisement left behind by the former director of religious ed in my desk drawer. I researched it and decided to try it. I have never had reason to look elsewhere. This is what I needed.

Reasons for switching to ParishSOFT

The public school platform was designed for public school use. It was not responsive to the scheduling of religious education nor did it have portals for sacramental records. I inherited this program but found ConnectNow which then became ParishSoft. It is designed for parish functioning.

Kathryn

Smart Organization for a Parish

From this bookkeeper's point of view, being able to track Family Giving within the Family Directory is a huge deal. I love that Online Giving is easily integrated as well. When I began a couple of years ago, there were notebooks and different programs for different purposes. Now, everything we need is within ParishSOFT, one program to learn, one to open throughout the day, and it's actually becoming automatic and so much easier. Customer Service is very patient and helpful, and I've actually not needed to call in a couple of months. The resources that I print are all I need if I have a situation I'm not clear about. All in all, I can easily keep track of parishioners, addresses, giving, and communication.

Pros

Family Suite is a well-organized way to keep track of ever-changing addresses, financial data, and members of our organization. Once learned, changes are easy and quick to make!

Cons

There is no shortcut for experience to make this easier, but when I first used Family Suite, I had a couple of months of anxiety. There are many step-by-step printable directions, for every possible situation, but I still found myself needing to call Customer Support for "live help." This is all to say: ParishSOFT Family Suite is complex!

Reasons for switching to ParishSOFT

Our Diocese chose this program.

Catalina

My experience with parish soft

I am very pleased. I do pretty much everything on it. Family lists, keepin up with registrations, religious ed, mailouts, deposits and end of year contributions statements.

Pros

I like the religious education module and the financial capabilities of this program

Cons

at first we had a hard time with lag times to get online. the systems was slow and frustrating. but it got better after our IT department contacted parishsoft.

I don't know

Reasons for switching to ParishSOFT

The diocese made the change.

Martina

Administrative Assistant

Not as user friendly as ParishSoft Accounting but okay

Pros

Like online registration feature Like that you can like family suite with religious education

Cons

I can't edit the email sent to new users Can't get all the information I need from new users unless I send a follow up email Would like to click save only once when entering a new family

Former provider sold company

Mary

Great Software

Overall great

Pros

Parish Soft Family Suite is easy to use for posting contributions and running contributions reports.

Cons

Reports for family and labels are not as easy to use

Presentation

Reasons for switching to ParishSOFT

Was presented your product at a show

Kathleen

Functionality of Parish Soft Family Suite

Over all, it does give me a lot of what I need to complete a task or when inputting data.

Pros

Many different areas are connected and share information

Cons

When Inputting sacraments for a large group, there are a lot of different screens we have to go through and things don't repeat easily. For instance, if I am reporting the First Eucharist reception of 84 children, I have to repeat the zip code and search for the church and for the presider rather than being able to go through the entire class since they are all serviced in the same church by the same presider.

Reasons for choosing ParishSOFT

Seemed to fit our needs better than the other products.

Reasons for switching to ParishSOFT

Needed a program that was useful over several platforms without reposting data.

Cindy

Cindy's review

It is a decent program, and does most of what we need it to do.

Pros

Keeps all the info in one system instead of different programs that you have to go in and out of.

Cons

The parish DB is getting easier to use. There are still some things that could be better. Such as when a family is registered in one church in the diocese you can not add info to the file from another parish. Which I understand for the most part you don't want to do that without permission but there are some instances where it makes it very difficult to add sacramental information, when a family is registered in one church and attends another church and receives a sacrament at that church, but they do not own the family record.

Donna

ParishSoft Review

I feel confident using this software, and after much trial and some error it is nice to know there are ways to back out errors and I don't have to freak out. Technical support is excellent!

Pros

I was stubborn and reluctant at first, I did not want to learn a new software... but once I put my stubborness aside I became friends with ParishSoft. Was trained in an August, and felt proficient by end of September and felt an expert by November of the same year. I am happy with ParishSoft and do not want to change software EVER.

Cons

Nothing about the software comes to mind, just the change of product I was initially reluctant about.

Reasons for choosing ParishSOFT

This was an Archdiocese decision.

Archdiocesan Decision

Julie

Very Complete Software Program

I am very pleased with ParishSOFT. It gets the job done!

Pros

Now that I know how to use the software, I love it and use it daily and with ease. It is easy to use Family Suite for your daily needs, and then, it can do whatever you want it to do with a little help from QuickReports or with the help of Tech support. Also, the Offering program is easy to use and even fairly easy to instruct others on how to use it. This program can do so much more than what we use on a daily basis, it would be nice to have a refresher course on how to use more. It would help to have a course on IQ alone.

Cons

IQ is difficult as there are too many options.

Earl

Almost Better Than A Fried Shrimp Po-Boy

Once I realized all that I was capable of doing with the Religious Education component of the Suite, I was all in. But, for me, the most important aspect of the whole experience is the support I have been afforded every time that I needed to use it. The Support Staff is knowledgeable, friendly, eager to help, and relentless (they will not give up until they have assisted you).

Pros

It might be better to list what I don't like because there would be a lot less typing. I like every aspect of the Religious Education Feature. Every bit of data that I put in regarding classes, students, Sacraments, Fees, schedules is right at my fingertips whenever I need them. The ease in which new parents can go in and register is a very big plus. Should I continue?

Cons

Close your eyes and tell me what you see. There is nothing that I don't like about it.

Reasons for switching to ParishSOFT

I don't remember because our previous product did not have a Religious Education component, so I was not using it. The parish administrator was doing what he could with the old product.

ParishSOFT