What are PowerChurch Plus users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using PowerChurch Plus software through verified user reviews

• icon"Very easy to install, maintain and use. Product is great for all church accounting, membership and reporting."
  • icon"Customized for churches. Outstanding customer service."
  • icon"Can include pictures, addresses, important dates, as well as a notes section. Will also integrate with several other program for ease of checkin at activities."
  • icon"Unless installed correctly and used properly, it's flexibility can allow for a chaotic mess that can be difficult to control."

Browse all PowerChurch Plus Reviews

• Have you used PowerChurch Plus and would like to share your experience with others?

December 2021

Using PowerChurch for a Larger Church

Kay

Great integrated program for churches

I am not an accountant, but with the unlimited tech support I receive from PCP, I have been able to learn how to effectively use the various modules, including payroll and accounting!

Pros

Various integrated modules: membership, contributions, accounting, etc.

Cons

I would like to see more report options.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hi Kay, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that our support technicians have helped you learn to efficiently use the program. We would also like to hear your thoughts about report options that would be helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to send those ideas to wishlist@powerchurch.com. Thank you!

Replied September 2018

Teresa

Best software for the price!

Ease of use although I am not a CPA. This program has even made me want to finish my accounting degree because I feel confident using it.

Pros

I cannot say enough PRO statements about PowerChurch. From the ease of use (if I can set up a Chart of Accounts - anyone can) to the variety of reports (more than I ever thought I needed) to the wonderful customer service (I brag about PowerChurch to everyone!), I cannot state enough how much I enjoy using this software. This is the 3rd church software program we have used in the my 23 years on staff and by far the easiest to learn and use. None others have compared to it! I love how the people are tracked in Membership and their offerings after entered into Contributions flow into the financial reporting side of PowerChurch. Why would anyone create more work for themselves and split up their work into separate programs when PowerChurch does it all?! I can honestly say that I have no interest in looking at any other software because I am thoroughly satisfied with all the results I get from using PowerChurch and all of its modules.

Cons

I wish there was a way to archive someone's attendance records after removing them from that class so that you could see a true record of attendance and not just current classes. I see where you can put a date for when they started in the class but not a place for a date of when they left the class.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hi Teresa, Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear that you find PowerChurch Plus easy to use for tracking your Membership, Contributions, and maintaining the church¿s finances. Your suggestion about being able to archive attendance records has been forwarded to Program Development. Currently, when someone is removed from a class their attendance records are retained and can be viewed on the Attendance tab of their Personal Profile record. If you have any other ideas for program enhancements, send us an e-mail to wishlist@powerchurch.com. Thank you!

Replied January 2018

Disappointed

I have been a user of Power Church Plus since 1986 (dos os). I have stuck with the product because the accounting portion of the product has been excellent all these years. However, the other interfaces have been iffy at best when 1st introduced. The upgrade to windows was painful as well. The Power Church 11.5 version we are using is great, but the check in system is horrible: it does not interface well, it crashes weekly, and the setup and instructions could not be worse. I have used many other programs similar to PC+ and they all have performed better overall. However, the cost for those programs is prohibitive. I am disappointed that Power Church would put out a product like Check In System which does not work and is so hard to use on both server and kiosk ends.

Pros

The accounting module is excellent. The membership module is above average. For the cost, there is nothing that compares. The library module is great for a church or pastor's library.

Cons

The printer interface is below average. The interface between PC+ and Windows is still not up to the times. The enter key does not enter, but instead it tabs to the ok button so that you can hit enter or click with the mouse. The Check In System is slow and not user friendly IF you can ever get it to work. I have several friends who also purchased the system and they all have the same issues. it does not connect to the server like it should, the check in server locks you out all the time, and the manual does not give any information about how to fix the issue. BE PREARED TO PAY IF YOU WANT SUPPORT. If you decide to call or email support, you will pay to talk to anyone. This is the biggest disappointment in the company. The product does not work and you have to pay additional fees to talk to someone to get it to work. Even then, it will not keep working which requires additional dollars and support.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hi Michael, We're very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with the PowerChurch Check In System. It's our understanding that you've since spoken with a technician regarding this issue, and that it appears to have been resolved by installing the latest updated Maintenance Release for PowerChurch Check In. If it has not been resolved, or if you continue to experience any further problems, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 800-486-1800. As always, if your issue is in any way related to a problem in the program, we will not charge for technical assistance. We'd like to thank you for being PowerChurch Software customers, and please let us know if there's anything we can do to improve your experience!

Replied August 2016

Phil

For the price, no other church software offers so much functionality.

Helps me do full-charge bookkeeping for more than a dozen churches effectively.

Pros

Full-featured church database management system. There are many very slick programs out there, and some even claim to have church accounting. But they mostly mean contribution tracking and nothing else. If you want a program DESIGNED with churches in mind (unlike QuickBooks, which tries to be everything to everyone, but is truly awkward for real church accounting), and you don't want to have to piecemeal the accounting tasks between several programs, AND you can't afford Shelby Systems, ACH, or any of the other full-featured programs, then PC+ is for you. I can handle absolutely everything for church accounting with the program: contribution tracking, accounts payable (bill paying), payroll (including the ability to print or electronically file 941s, W-2s, etc.), general ledger, financial statements, etc. I have used about a dozen different programs for church accounting, and none even comes close to what PC+ does for the price. Yes, there is some learning curve, as there is with any program. Don't make the mistake of thinking that an "intuitive" program will cause you to handle accounting correctly. NO PROGRAM, NO MATTER HOW SLICK, WILL TURN A NOVICE INTO A GOOD CHURCH ACCOUNTANT. You have to know what you're doing regarding non-profit accounting, ministers' taxes, etc. if you're going to get it right. No software can change this. So if you understand enough to correctly handle church accounting, PC+ will help you do all of it.

Cons

Though the developers regularly update the program to fix bugs and add features, it is still based on an old database standard, which makes it feel like a "window-ized" DOS program. I have heard they are working on a new version based on something more modern, but there doesn't seem to be any hurry to get it done. Consequently, the program lacks things like fully-customizable reports. There are many choices in the kinds of canned reports and what can be included, how sorted, etc. There is also a report writer, but it is not for the faint of heart. There are a number of other ways that the program feels somewhat last century. That said, once you learn the "quirks" of the program (they all have them), you can learn to work with them to get the job done and quickly.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hello, Phil, Thank you for your in-depth review of the program. We're very glad to hear that PowerChurch Plus has been able to facilitate your bookkeeping for so many clients, and that you find it capable of handling all tasks related to church accounting. We appreciate and welcome the candidness of your feedback. Should you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at 800-486-1800 between the hours of 9AM to 6PM Eastern, Monday through Friday.

Replied July 2017

Gerald

Industry: Defense & Space

Works for us!

This review is based on the position of maintenance rather than everyday use. My initial experience with PCP began about two years ago when I was handed the "keys" (as administrator). PCP has been used at FBC since about 2007. At the time I got it, we were using the Membership and Contributions modules. My first big project was moving our accounting from a commercial package to the PCP Accounting module. That project has occupied most of my two-year term because we changed our fiscal year by six months and our computer system was attacked by a ransomeware virus; we had most essential files backed up, but lost the newer data that was duplicated from the commercial accounting package, so we re-initiated the move at the next FY. The Accounting module is running nicely now, and using PCP accounting will save us a bunch per year. My next project will be to "encourage" a move from older software to the Events module and to advertise the capabilities of the Record Keeping module. The routine accounting operations are relatively easy to set up, including custom check writing. We are able to use several of the ready-made reports, but would like to be able modify some of them rather than designing our own from scratch; we're working on a couple custom designs now, while learning our way through FoxPro.

Pros

Generally user friendly and shows data well.

Cons

Accounting forms are well designed generally, but not adjustable to the extent our application could use. Forms design is feasible but can be time-consuming. "Expressions" design screen displays VERY tiny characters that make composition and especially error correction an optical challenge. (Is that an extra comma or a dead pixel on my screen....?)

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hello, Gerald, It looks like your organization has been able to get quite a lot out of the Custom Reports feature in PowerChurch Plus. That's great to hear! Custom Reports can be quite complicated. You mentioned the ability to further modify built in reports, and we'd love to hear any suggestions or requests you have. Send your suggestions to wishlist@powerchurch.com. Additionally, as you're moving onto your next project, please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions about Events or Record Keeping. We're available Monday - Friday 9AM to 6PM Eastern at 800-486-1800.

Cheryl

I've been using PowerChurch for over 20 years. The price is what brought me to the program.

The integration of accounting, membership, payroll, etc. is helpful. The addition of e-filing is especially nice, even if it costs an additional fee.

Pros

Integration and price. Compared to other software companies who charge for every little maintenance update and require you to purchase monthly support programs due to crashes and difficulties in use PowerChurch is the best budget choice.

Cons

Accounts Receivable and Events. The accounts receivable is mediocre at best. We use if for our preschool and it is lacking. The calendar program has improved greatly over the years, but still has some much needed improvements for editing repeating events, etc.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hi Cheryl, We really appreciate you taking the time to submit your review of PowerChurch Plus. Thank you for also mentioning that the PowerChurch Plus program comes with all modules included for just one price. In regards to the Accounts Receivable section, it is just one of the areas that will receive major updates and improvements in the next version of the program. Feel free to email us at wishlist@powerchurch.com anytime you have suggestions.

Replied August 2017

Rachel

This is for PowerChurch Verison 10

I use it as a church secretary on a daily basis. I enjoy it but would love to see it be more user friendly.

Pros

It is nice to keep all the information in one spot. I can look up a member's info and it is all at my fingertips. It is very straightforward without a lot of bells and whistles. If you make a mistake entering contributions it is very easy to fix.

Cons

There are multiple ways to do one that which can get confusing because they all give you slightly different results. It isn't very asthically pleasing. But it gets the job done. There isn't a great guide as to how to do things that I can find.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hi Rachel, Thank you for your review of PowerChurch Plus Version 10. It¿s good to hear that you like how the program keeps all your information in one place. We¿ve made a vast number of changes and improvements since version 10 was released. Visit www.powerchurch.com/changes to learn more. To request a demo of the latest version, visit www.powerchurch.com/demo. If you have any questions, give us a call at (800) 486-1800, Monday ¿ Friday, 9 AM ¿ 6 PM Eastern.

Replied January 2019

My experience with PowerChurch has been excellent!

This software benefitted our church treasurer greatly. No more account ledgers tucked away in a filing cabinet. Myself and my pastor can now quickly and easily access financial records without having to find the keys to the filing cabinet and decipher the filing system the treasurer uses to tuck things away!

Pros

PowerChurch gives me the ability to manage multiple funds and accounts quickly and easily. It also gives me the ability to manage membership, church attendance, gauge growth of individual classes, etc. The customer service is excellent. I am not one who likes to call and wait to speak to a representative and I don't have to because the online help is excellent. On the two occasions I did have to call the hotline, customer support was quick and friendly.

Cons

I do wish there were more updates and that the service itself looked more modern. The firmware updates do not roll out quickly and sometimes there are bugs that need to be addressed.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review of PowerChurch Plus. We're happy to read that you've had such an excellent experience, and that the program has been such an asset to your church in terms of membership and financial management and reporting. We're always working to release updates and improvements for PowerChurch Plus, so please don't hesitate to contact us if you run into something you think may be an issue in the program. You can reach us at 800-486-1800, Monday through Friday 9AM - 6PM Eastern. Thank you again.

Replied July 2018

Lisa

Simple to use and easy to understand

Easy to use the membership records and maintain them with notes and other informaiton. The financials are easy to use and adding the budget is very easy as well

Pros

Functional and easy to use the system for financials and membership files. Reports are easy to select and pull off for other volunteers in the church.

Cons

Could have more integrated fields between family and personal profiles. There are times you have to go into each separate field to put in the same information. It should populate all fields.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Lisa, Thank you for submitting your review of PowerChurch Plus. We're happy to hear that you find the program easy to use, and that the reports and note-taking options help you do your work as a church volunteer. We'd love to hear any specific suggestions you have in regards to the integration between family and personal profile records. Feel free to send an email to wishlist@powerchurch.com with your thoughts or requests.

Replied December 2017

Shana

I use Powerchurch Plus on a weekly basis.

It definitely helps me in my weekly tasks of data entry for my job as the Administrative Assistant (also accounts payable and receivable) at our church.

Pros

This software is easy to use on the contribution and membership parts. It was easy to set up, and very easy to complete my work weekly.

Cons

I do not care for the accounting part of this software. It has been difficult to learn and use. I would like to see the windows become larger where I could view the entire ledger, instead of entering item by item.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hi Shana, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about PowerChurch Plus. That¿s great that you find the Membership and Contribution modules help you to easily complete your work each week (and leave you time for your photography passion). As for the things you don¿t like in the accounting, why don¿t you call or e-mail our technicians with a little more detail and maybe they can give you some suggestions that will help. Thank you!

Replied February 2018

Diane

Still a fan after 20+ years

We started using Power Church for our membership database in 1995, and found it to be user friendly, easy to learn, and more than adequate for our needs. Frankly, our initial choice of Power Church was budget based; I had previewed Shelby Systems, and liked its features, but found it prohibitively expensive. I had also previewed some less expensive options, but when Power Church came to my attention, and the price was right, it seemed like a wise choice for handling our congregational directory information, and mailing labels. We also made use of the Activities and Skills module fairly soon after purchasing. A few years later, we decided to take advantage of the integrated features of the program, and switched to Power Church for contributions, payroll and fund accounting. I've never regretted it; in fact, I've helped three other churches set up their accounting systems in Power Church, and I would not hesitate to recommend it as a flexible, powerful and cost-effective program.

Pros

Purchasing the program gives the user access to all its features; other programs require purchasing modules separately, and/or annual fees for updates; The program can be easily installed on multiple computers on a network; There is no additional charge for maintenance releases that are frequently issued to make the program more functional; The program is updated every few years, and current users are able to purchase program updates for a very reasonable cost; The online forum is very helpful in resolving issues that come up from time to time; also, technical support is readily available, even without a subscription; Program developers are responsive to users; it never takes long for flaws in the program to be fixed. Also, the online versions and added features, like the children's check-in system, are readily available. I'll probably think of other features after I submit this, but it boils down to the fact that Power Church Plus is a highly functional, flexible, user-friendly, cost-effective church database management system.

Debbie

Admin Assist

I have been using Power Church since the third version and love it. (I think over 10years) It is as complex or as simple as you want it to be for your work. A great all in one software for the large or small Church office. It's flexible enough that you can start out using just part of it and grow into using more and more of it's features.

Pros

There is no need to buy other programs for all the varied tasks that happen weekly. It handles all the data base stuff like people data, mailing lists, attendance even with a spot for a picture of the family to name just a simple few. It's calendaring/scheduling module replaced my other dedicated software program. The contribution module does a a better job of keeping folks money in order and reporting it than the other dedicated non-profit software does. The accounting module & contribution module replaces my dedicated $ program. If I had the time (a part timer) I would definitely find the sermon and inventory trackers helpful as well. It is network-able so I only have to train my Pastor's how to get in to the program and they have what ever information they need when they need it, without yelling for me. It won't break your software budget.

Cons

Creating custom reports is still tricky for me to do in program so I export to MsWord or Excel to get what I need done more quickly. It doesn't help me make the weekly bulletin or monthly newsletter.

Jerry

Great software if you understand Debits and Credits

I would be using Quicken if it wasn't for the Payroll module. It's my favorite module and keeps track of the taxes and SS deductions but I had to have help several years ago setting this all up. (Three or Four sessions) I do like the accounts payable module. Especially computer checks!! Someone else in our church uses the Contribution module but I had to train them in it. They are doing well. Prices are good for upgrades.

Pros

Payroll, Accounts Payable, & fund accounting work fine but if you make a mistake, Lord Help you finding it. This is software for the college trained accountant I believe. Quicken is better for the novice but no Payroll included. The videos on your support helped immensely. Otherwise I would have given up!!

Cons

The last time I trained an assistant treasurer on this software it took several months and I ended up taking it back to fix all the mistakes. Too many things to remember for the novice accountant.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hi Jerry, Thanks for taking the time to review PowerChurch Plus. We're glad to hear you find the Payroll module to be so full featured and useful. As you mentioned, our training videos are a great resource to become more comfortable with each area of the program, including Fund Accounting, which at first can seem a bit daunting to the novice. As always, please don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have any questions. We're available Monday - Friday 9AM to 6PM Eastern at 800-486-1800.

Marcia

Power Church Plus

Overall this is an excellent program. It does everything I need it to do, and there is the capability to do so much more that we don’t take advantage of.

Pros

I like this software because it is an all-inclusive church membership program. It keeps up with membership, visitors, and any other category of people we need to follow. It is an excellent financial program and the contribution program integrates between the financial and membership. I have used more expensive programs but this is just as good as the most expensive. Why pay more when this can do everything I need it to do.

Cons

The only drawback I have seen is the tax part of the payroll module. The 941 reports don’t seem to be as accurate because of the unique distributions of a minister’s salary. Otherwise everything else does well.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hi Marcia, Thank you for taking time to review PowerChurch Plus. We are so glad that the software meets all your needs and you recognize the value of all the features you receive for an affordable price. As for the Payroll module in PowerChurch, it is designed to handle Clergy Salary tax options without issue, so if you are still having problems with the 941 form's accuracy, give us a call at (800) 486-1800 and a technician will be happy to help track down the source of the problem. Thank you!

Replied May 2020

Rev Harold

User Since 2010

I'm ready to upgrade!

Pros

I've been around PC+ since 2001 first as an IT Tech installing for churches across So. Florida until My wife and I planted a church in Georgia of 2010. I can say that the actual use was a challenge for me and so different than installing for others but I made it through. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to use. All that You need is right here in PC+. the other reviews are honest and healthy reviews as users perfectly describe their experience. I'm sure we made a great choice.

Cons

I'm really not sure of the cons ... not saying that there isn't any. there is no one application out there is going to be the best since slice bread. yeas we had and have challenges, but we are able through the forums to get fast and quick answers when needed. However, if I had to pick a con ... well it would be the upgrade. to get the media, you have to pay additional dollars and that makes me shed a tear ... that is a lot.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hi Rev Harold, Thank you for your review of PowerChurch Plus. Glad to hear that you find the program fits the needs of your ministry. We agree that not just one application is the best for everyone. There¿s always room for improvements and we work hard to bring those changes requested by our users. As for purchasing the upgrade, we can provide you with a link to download the program, instead of sending you a CD and manual, at no additional cost. A PDF of the manual is included. To order or if you have any questions please give us a call at (800) 486-1800. We are available Monday ¿ Friday, 9am ¿ 6pm Eastern. Thank you!

Replied September 2018

Juanita

August 2016

Great and affordable software for churches

Updates to the payroll module in recent years are a definite plus making preparing tax returns SO much easier! The ability to handle temporary restricted funds is a definite plus over Quick Books. I was asked to audit books for a church using Quick Books, and they are using liability accounts to manage restricted funds. That procedure definitely paints an incorrect picture of the financial health of the institution and presents a opportunity for a very tense business meeting.

Pros

I love how easy it is to do my job and the clarity of reports I am able to present to the financial teams for the churches where I work.

Cons

The Cash Managemet Report is a great report for untrained people to understand their available funds. It would be great if this report could be done by fund like the Balance Sheet. I keep books for a church that has a diverse ministry and 3 bank accounts; and because the Cash Management Report is not available by fund, I prepare the Balance Sheet for each fund which requires doing some substracting of temporarily restricted funds from the cash in bank to determine available funds.

Powerful and Solid Church Software

Our church used manual accounting for decades. It was difficult to keep track of income/expenses/payroll and generate meaningful and trusted internal and external reports. We moved to PowerChurch software in 2017 and have had excellent results. The software has solved the difficult to manage issues related to manual accounting and has provided the church with a new confidence in our money management. The software is a bargain and has provided a great return on investment.

Pros

The software provides many set up assistants to get started. There are a large number of reports available for both tax reporting and for internal use, including custom reports. The quarterly and year-end reports are printed ready for signature and submission. The software is comprehensive and extremely flexible, managing complicated issues like payroll and restricted funds flawlessly. The customer support staff know the software and can answer questions quickly. They are also very experienced in accounting and can help users find and correct errors.

Cons

The software takes some time to learn for individuals not experienced with accounting.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hi John, Thank you for taking time to write a review about PowerChurch Plus. We are happy to hear how it has helped you to better manage your accounting and other church record keeping. We appreciate that you recognize the value of PowerChurch for your investment. Thank you!

Replied April 2020

ROBIN

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

PowerChurch Plus is a Powerful Tool

PowerChurch Plus has offered our church a solid data and accounting management tool that has kept our record keeping accurate and reliably accessible. I would definitely recommend PCP to other buyers looking for a streamlined and efficient way of doing business.

Pros

As an organized management program, PowerChurch Plus is inclusive of almost need that my church encounters. From membership and contribution tracking, to address databases, to broad accounting options, PCP is a great tool in so many ways. Customer service has been helpful and any glitches encountered are expeditiously resolved. Additionally, PCP has so many reporting options that information can be accessed in almost any format needed.

Cons

The presentation on-screen appears a bit antiquated with its' likeness to DOS programs from decades ago. Sometimes, it is difficult to read the text size accurately.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hi Robin, Thank you for sending in your review of PowerChurch Plus. We love to hear that the program is able to handle your church's needs in an organized and accessible way. As you mentioned, since PowerChurch Plus is an all-in-one church management program, all modules of the program are available in one package. As you also pointed out, we do our best to identify and resolve any issues that may arise in a very timely manner. Once again we greatly appreciate your glowing review of PowerChurch Plus, and don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or suggestions.

Replied December 2019

Sara

I've been using Power Church for over 25 years. Can't imagine what my job would be like without it.

It makes it possible to perform my job.

Pros

The integrated system between accounting, contributions, and membership is such a valuable tool. It makes my job as Church Office Administrator much easier. The variety and ease of printing reports and capturing data is so beneficial. I really appreciate the relevant software updates and the collaboration with my electronic fund transfer company.

Cons

Too many questions when adding a new profile. I wish I could trailer this to my specific needs. Tailor making reports and the query process is not easy.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hi Sara, Thank you so much for your excellent review of PowerChurch Plus. We're happy to hear that the integration between the various modules of the program, combined with the available reporting options, have been so beneficial to the performance of your job. We always look forward to hearing suggestions or comments from our valued users. If you have any additional requests or recommendations, please don't hesitate to send us an email to wishlist@powerchurch.com. Thanks again.

Replied September 2017

Morris

Outstanding Church Software

Power Church is customized for church accounting. It gives you almost unlimited options in setting up different accounts to track funds customized to your situation. Like any software it takes some education and experience but the on line forum is a great place for help. Their customer service is the best I have ever encountered by a huge margin. Response in many cases is immediate and they will always help identify and solve your issue. Program.is updated when needed and improvements come from customers.

Pros

Customized for churches. Outstanding customer service.

Cons

Writing special reports require experience but not needed often due to large selection of predefined reports.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hi Morris, We really appreciate you taking the time to submit your review of PowerChurch Plus. We're also glad to read that your customer service experience with us has been exceptional. Thank you for mentioning the Forum on www.powerchurch.com. It can certainly be a great resource to find answers not only from our customer support team, but also from fellow PowerChurch Plus users. Thank you!

Bobby

Affordable, PC-based Member/Donation Management

My church was forced to change software when our previous vendor stopped supporting their PC-based software and was pushing for a cloud/web-based upgrade. My small church only needed software for membership management and donations. Call me "old-school" but I just did not want to transition to the cloud. PowerChurch Plus was the perfect solution. It is one of the few programs out there that is both affordable and PC-based. There were no strict license requirements or user/member/dollar limits. Their support in migrating data from our old software to PowerChurch Plus was timely, accurate and supportive. I have only used PowerChurch Plus for 7 months, but I love its speed and ease of use. Oh, for those who want to be cloud/web-based, they offer an online version, too!

Pros

1. PC-based with no limits regarding licenses/members/dollars. 2. Very affordable for all of the features included. 3. There are a good number of reports included with the software. 4. Their customer support and community forums are helpful, easy to use, and responsive.

Cons

1. Lack of ability to customize the "appearance/design" of reports included with the software. 2. There is a pretty good learning-curve for creating customized reports of your own.

Mrs. Sytrina

Fantastic Software

I no longer use the software, and haven't for about 3-5 years. I'm not sure how it works not, but I am working on finding out. But the Chart of Accounts isn't a good thing for people who don't have that kind of knowledge, or the knowledge has escaped their minds. Time does bring about a big change.

Pros

I liked the ease of use, and I loved it. I used it for several years, and I eventually retired and moved away. So now I am looking for another software to work for my church, but less cost. The cost was fine, but I am worshipping in a small church: about 30 members, and right now they are not in the position to make such a purchase.

Cons

I didn't like having to SET UP the Chart of Accounts. If I could just purchase it, open, and start adding members and finance I would definitely try to get the church to purchase it.

Reasons for choosing PowerChurch Plus

At the time I liked what it said it could do, and the way the Reports would look.

Reasons for switching to PowerChurch Plus

I wanted something that was more presentable, and up to date.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hi Sytrina, As a long time user, we appreciate you taking time to submit a review about PowerChurch Plus. In the current version there is a setup assistant that will ask a few questions and based on the responses you enter, the program will create a chart of accounts for you. Thank you,

Replied March 2020

Cynthia

Church Friendly

We have a rather large congregation. It is with ease to track contributions, set up funds, as needed, and print contribution reports. About a year ago, discovered that designations could be set up under the contribution funds, which was a great benefit!

Pros

Very Church friendly. Does all the accounting practices that we need in order to track contributors, vendors, payroll and payables. Running financials is a touch of a button, as are W-2's and 1099's. It looked a little overwhelming when I started, but soon fell into place.

Cons

Really, I can't think of any cons. If one has accounting experience, it is a breeze.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hi Cynthia, Thank you for taking time to review PowerChurch Plus. We're glad to hear that the program helps you to maintain all the information for your large congregation. If at any time we can be of assistance, don't hesitate to give us a call at (800) 486-1800, Monday Friday, 9am 6pm Eastern.

Replied January 2020

Kris

This system was already in place when I came to this job, but it was easy to learn.

Pros

Ease of use. It's has lots of functions, we don't use everything that we could, but with a move to online function this will be expanded to include the Check-in system.

Cons

Reporting could be more robust. I'd like more options when selecting the data that can be used in a report. I'm hoping the online version will have those options.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Hello Kris, We're happy to hear that you've found PowerChurch Plus easy to learn and use. We're currently working on adding more features and reports for future releases of the program, and we'd love to hear any suggestions you have in regards to reporting. Please send any requests or recommendations to wishlist@powerchurch.com. Additionally, if you're having trouble getting the information you need in certain reports, don't hesitate to give us a call for technical support. We're available at 1-800-486-1800, Monday through Friday 9AM to 6PM Eastern.

Replied May 2017