• Pros

• "I love the contribution end as well as the mailing list and personal information. All that is really GREAT!"

• "I liked the ease of entering information into this software. It was an easy user-friendly process for myself and other members of the church who input information on a weekly basis."

• "Very easy to install, maintain and use. Product is great for all church accounting, membership and reporting."

• Cons

• "The interface is nice, but could be updated more frequently. "

• "Corrections are a little tricky but not too bad."

• "The interface is a bit too utilitarian. I wish is was visually more pleasing. Reports title could be more intuitive."

Browse PowerChurch Plus Reviews

Kay from TrAura Beauty by Kay

Great integrated program for churches

I am not an accountant, but with the unlimited tech support I receive from PCP, I have been able to learn how to effectively use the various modules, including payroll and accounting!

Pros

Various integrated modules: membership, contributions, accounting, etc.

Cons

I would like to see more report options.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied September 2018

Hi Kay, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that our support technicians have helped you learn to efficiently use the program. We would also like to hear your thoughts about report options that would be helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to send those ideas to wishlist@powerchurch.com. Thank you!

Phil from FASTChurch

For the price, no other church software offers so much functionality.

Helps me do full-charge bookkeeping for more than a dozen churches effectively.

Pros

Full-featured church database management system. There are many very slick programs out there, and some even claim to have church accounting. But they mostly mean contribution tracking and nothing else. If you want a program DESIGNED with churches in mind (unlike QuickBooks, which tries to be everything to everyone, but is truly awkward for real church accounting), and you don't want to have to piecemeal the accounting tasks between several programs, AND you can't afford Shelby Systems, ACH, or any of the other full-featured programs, then PC+ is for you. I can handle absolutely everything for church accounting with the program: contribution tracking, accounts payable (bill paying), payroll (including the ability to print or electronically file 941s, W-2s, etc.), general ledger, financial statements, etc. I have used about a dozen different programs for church accounting, and none even comes close to what PC+ does for the price. Yes, there is some learning curve, as there is with any program. Don't make the mistake of thinking that an "intuitive" program will cause you to handle accounting correctly. NO PROGRAM, NO MATTER HOW SLICK, WILL TURN A NOVICE INTO A GOOD CHURCH ACCOUNTANT. You have to know what you're doing regarding non-profit accounting, ministers' taxes, etc. if you're going to get it right. No software can change this. So if you understand enough to correctly handle church accounting, PC+ will help you do all of it.

Cons

Though the developers regularly update the program to fix bugs and add features, it is still based on an old database standard, which makes it feel like a "window-ized" DOS program. I have heard they are working on a new version based on something more modern, but there doesn't seem to be any hurry to get it done. Consequently, the program lacks things like fully-customizable reports. There are many choices in the kinds of canned reports and what can be included, how sorted, etc. There is also a report writer, but it is not for the faint of heart. There are a number of other ways that the program feels somewhat last century. That said, once you learn the "quirks" of the program (they all have them), you can learn to work with them to get the job done and quickly.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied July 2017

Hello, Phil, Thank you for your in-depth review of the program. We're very glad to hear that PowerChurch Plus has been able to facilitate your bookkeeping for so many clients, and that you find it capable of handling all tasks related to church accounting. We appreciate and welcome the candidness of your feedback. Should you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at 800-486-1800 between the hours of 9AM to 6PM Eastern, Monday through Friday.

Michael from North Mesquite Assembly of God

Disappointed

I have been a user of Power Church Plus since 1986 (dos os). I have stuck with the product because the accounting portion of the product has been excellent all these years. However, the other interfaces have been iffy at best when 1st introduced. The upgrade to windows was painful as well. The Power Church 11.5 version we are using is great, but the check in system is horrible: it does not interface well, it crashes weekly, and the setup and instructions could not be worse. I have used many other programs similar to PC+ and they all have performed better overall. However, the cost for those programs is prohibitive. I am disappointed that Power Church would put out a product like Check In System which does not work and is so hard to use on both server and kiosk ends.

Pros

The accounting module is excellent. The membership module is above average. For the cost, there is nothing that compares. The library module is great for a church or pastor's library.

Cons

The printer interface is below average. The interface between PC+ and Windows is still not up to the times. The enter key does not enter, but instead it tabs to the ok button so that you can hit enter or click with the mouse. The Check In System is slow and not user friendly IF you can ever get it to work. I have several friends who also purchased the system and they all have the same issues. it does not connect to the server like it should, the check in server locks you out all the time, and the manual does not give any information about how to fix the issue. BE PREARED TO PAY IF YOU WANT SUPPORT. If you decide to call or email support, you will pay to talk to anyone. This is the biggest disappointment in the company. The product does not work and you have to pay additional fees to talk to someone to get it to work. Even then, it will not keep working which requires additional dollars and support.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied August 2016

Hi Michael, We're very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with the PowerChurch Check In System. It's our understanding that you've since spoken with a technician regarding this issue, and that it appears to have been resolved by installing the latest updated Maintenance Release for PowerChurch Check In. If it has not been resolved, or if you continue to experience any further problems, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 800-486-1800. As always, if your issue is in any way related to a problem in the program, we will not charge for technical assistance. We'd like to thank you for being PowerChurch Software customers, and please let us know if there's anything we can do to improve your experience!

Marcia from Brookside Church

Power Church Plus

Overall this is an excellent program. It does everything I need it to do, and there is the capability to do so much more that we don’t take advantage of.

Pros

I like this software because it is an all-inclusive church membership program. It keeps up with membership, visitors, and any other category of people we need to follow. It is an excellent financial program and the contribution program integrates between the financial and membership. I have used more expensive programs but this is just as good as the most expensive. Why pay more when this can do everything I need it to do.

Cons

The only drawback I have seen is the tax part of the payroll module. The 941 reports don’t seem to be as accurate because of the unique distributions of a minister’s salary. Otherwise everything else does well.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied May 2020

Hi Marcia, Thank you for taking time to review PowerChurch Plus. We are so glad that the software meets all your needs and you recognize the value of all the features you receive for an affordable price. As for the Payroll module in PowerChurch, it is designed to handle Clergy Salary tax options without issue, so if you are still having problems with the 941 form's accuracy, give us a call at (800) 486-1800 and a technician will be happy to help track down the source of the problem. Thank you!

Cheryl from First Presbyterian Church

I've been using PowerChurch for over 20 years. The price is what brought me to the program.

The integration of accounting, membership, payroll, etc. is helpful. The addition of e-filing is especially nice, even if it costs an additional fee.

Pros

Integration and price. Compared to other software companies who charge for every little maintenance update and require you to purchase monthly support programs due to crashes and difficulties in use PowerChurch is the best budget choice.

Cons

Accounts Receivable and Events. The accounts receivable is mediocre at best. We use if for our preschool and it is lacking. The calendar program has improved greatly over the years, but still has some much needed improvements for editing repeating events, etc.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied August 2017

Hi Cheryl, We really appreciate you taking the time to submit your review of PowerChurch Plus. Thank you for also mentioning that the PowerChurch Plus program comes with all modules included for just one price. In regards to the Accounts Receivable section, it is just one of the areas that will receive major updates and improvements in the next version of the program. Feel free to email us at wishlist@powerchurch.com anytime you have suggestions.

Rachel from Rachel Edgington Photography

This is for PowerChurch Verison 10

I use it as a church secretary on a daily basis. I enjoy it but would love to see it be more user friendly.

Pros

It is nice to keep all the information in one spot. I can look up a member's info and it is all at my fingertips. It is very straightforward without a lot of bells and whistles. If you make a mistake entering contributions it is very easy to fix.

Cons

There are multiple ways to do one that which can get confusing because they all give you slightly different results. It isn't very asthically pleasing. But it gets the job done. There isn't a great guide as to how to do things that I can find.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied January 2019

Hi Rachel, Thank you for your review of PowerChurch Plus Version 10. It¿s good to hear that you like how the program keeps all your information in one place. We¿ve made a vast number of changes and improvements since version 10 was released. Visit www.powerchurch.com/changes to learn more. To request a demo of the latest version, visit www.powerchurch.com/demo. If you have any questions, give us a call at (800) 486-1800, Monday ¿ Friday, 9 AM ¿ 6 PM Eastern.

ROBIN from LIVING HOPE CDC

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

PowerChurch Plus is a Powerful Tool

PowerChurch Plus has offered our church a solid data and accounting management tool that has kept our record keeping accurate and reliably accessible. I would definitely recommend PCP to other buyers looking for a streamlined and efficient way of doing business.

Pros

As an organized management program, PowerChurch Plus is inclusive of almost need that my church encounters. From membership and contribution tracking, to address databases, to broad accounting options, PCP is a great tool in so many ways. Customer service has been helpful and any glitches encountered are expeditiously resolved. Additionally, PCP has so many reporting options that information can be accessed in almost any format needed.

Cons

The presentation on-screen appears a bit antiquated with its' likeness to DOS programs from decades ago. Sometimes, it is difficult to read the text size accurately.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied December 2019

Hi Robin, Thank you for sending in your review of PowerChurch Plus. We love to hear that the program is able to handle your church's needs in an organized and accessible way. As you mentioned, since PowerChurch Plus is an all-in-one church management program, all modules of the program are available in one package. As you also pointed out, we do our best to identify and resolve any issues that may arise in a very timely manner. Once again we greatly appreciate your glowing review of PowerChurch Plus, and don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or suggestions.

John from First Presbyterian Church

Powerful and Solid Church Software

Our church used manual accounting for decades. It was difficult to keep track of income/expenses/payroll and generate meaningful and trusted internal and external reports. We moved to PowerChurch software in 2017 and have had excellent results. The software has solved the difficult to manage issues related to manual accounting and has provided the church with a new confidence in our money management. The software is a bargain and has provided a great return on investment.

Pros

The software provides many set up assistants to get started. There are a large number of reports available for both tax reporting and for internal use, including custom reports. The quarterly and year-end reports are printed ready for signature and submission. The software is comprehensive and extremely flexible, managing complicated issues like payroll and restricted funds flawlessly. The customer support staff know the software and can answer questions quickly. They are also very experienced in accounting and can help users find and correct errors.

Cons

The software takes some time to learn for individuals not experienced with accounting.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied April 2020

Hi John, Thank you for taking time to write a review about PowerChurch Plus. We are happy to hear how it has helped you to better manage your accounting and other church record keeping. We appreciate that you recognize the value of PowerChurch for your investment. Thank you!

Mrs. Sytrina from Successful Life Word Ministries

Fantastic Software

I no longer use the software, and haven't for about 3-5 years. I'm not sure how it works not, but I am working on finding out. But the Chart of Accounts isn't a good thing for people who don't have that kind of knowledge, or the knowledge has escaped their minds. Time does bring about a big change.

Pros

I liked the ease of use, and I loved it. I used it for several years, and I eventually retired and moved away. So now I am looking for another software to work for my church, but less cost. The cost was fine, but I am worshipping in a small church: about 30 members, and right now they are not in the position to make such a purchase.

Cons

I didn't like having to SET UP the Chart of Accounts. If I could just purchase it, open, and start adding members and finance I would definitely try to get the church to purchase it.

Reasons for Choosing PowerChurch Plus

At the time I liked what it said it could do, and the way the Reports would look.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied March 2020

Hi Sytrina, As a long time user, we appreciate you taking time to submit a review about PowerChurch Plus. In the current version there is a setup assistant that will ask a few questions and based on the responses you enter, the program will create a chart of accounts for you. Thank you,

Lisa from ST LUKE LUTHERAN

Simple to use and easy to understand

Easy to use the membership records and maintain them with notes and other informaiton. The financials are easy to use and adding the budget is very easy as well

Pros

Functional and easy to use the system for financials and membership files. Reports are easy to select and pull off for other volunteers in the church.

Cons

Could have more integrated fields between family and personal profiles. There are times you have to go into each separate field to put in the same information. It should populate all fields.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied December 2017

Lisa, Thank you for submitting your review of PowerChurch Plus. We're happy to hear that you find the program easy to use, and that the reports and note-taking options help you do your work as a church volunteer. We'd love to hear any specific suggestions you have in regards to the integration between family and personal profile records. Feel free to send an email to wishlist@powerchurch.com with your thoughts or requests.

Teresa from Faith Assembly of God

Best software for the price!

Ease of use although I am not a CPA. This program has even made me want to finish my accounting degree because I feel confident using it.

Pros

I cannot say enough PRO statements about PowerChurch. From the ease of use (if I can set up a Chart of Accounts - anyone can) to the variety of reports (more than I ever thought I needed) to the wonderful customer service (I brag about PowerChurch to everyone!), I cannot state enough how much I enjoy using this software. This is the 3rd church software program we have used in the my 23 years on staff and by far the easiest to learn and use. None others have compared to it! I love how the people are tracked in Membership and their offerings after entered into Contributions flow into the financial reporting side of PowerChurch. Why would anyone create more work for themselves and split up their work into separate programs when PowerChurch does it all?! I can honestly say that I have no interest in looking at any other software because I am thoroughly satisfied with all the results I get from using PowerChurch and all of its modules.

Cons

I wish there was a way to archive someone's attendance records after removing them from that class so that you could see a true record of attendance and not just current classes. I see where you can put a date for when they started in the class but not a place for a date of when they left the class.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied January 2018

Hi Teresa, Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear that you find PowerChurch Plus easy to use for tracking your Membership, Contributions, and maintaining the church¿s finances. Your suggestion about being able to archive attendance records has been forwarded to Program Development. Currently, when someone is removed from a class their attendance records are retained and can be viewed on the Attendance tab of their Personal Profile record. If you have any other ideas for program enhancements, send us an e-mail to wishlist@powerchurch.com. Thank you!

Gerald from Office Committee, First Baptist Church, Oak Ridge TN

Industry: Defense & Space

Works for us!

This review is based on the position of maintenance rather than everyday use. My initial experience with PCP began about two years ago when I was handed the "keys" (as administrator). PCP has been used at FBC since about 2007. At the time I got it, we were using the Membership and Contributions modules. My first big project was moving our accounting from a commercial package to the PCP Accounting module. That project has occupied most of my two-year term because we changed our fiscal year by six months and our computer system was attacked by a ransomeware virus; we had most essential files backed up, but lost the newer data that was duplicated from the commercial accounting package, so we re-initiated the move at the next FY. The Accounting module is running nicely now, and using PCP accounting will save us a bunch per year. My next project will be to "encourage" a move from older software to the Events module and to advertise the capabilities of the Record Keeping module. The routine accounting operations are relatively easy to set up, including custom check writing. We are able to use several of the ready-made reports, but would like to be able modify some of them rather than designing our own from scratch; we're working on a couple custom designs now, while learning our way through FoxPro.

Pros

Generally user friendly and shows data well.

Cons

Accounting forms are well designed generally, but not adjustable to the extent our application could use. Forms design is feasible but can be time-consuming. "Expressions" design screen displays VERY tiny characters that make composition and especially error correction an optical challenge. (Is that an extra comma or a dead pixel on my screen....?)

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied March 2017

Hello, Gerald, It looks like your organization has been able to get quite a lot out of the Custom Reports feature in PowerChurch Plus. That's great to hear! Custom Reports can be quite complicated. You mentioned the ability to further modify built in reports, and we'd love to hear any suggestions or requests you have. Send your suggestions to wishlist@powerchurch.com. Additionally, as you're moving onto your next project, please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions about Events or Record Keeping. We're available Monday - Friday 9AM to 6PM Eastern at 800-486-1800.

Diane from First Presbyterian Church

Still a fan after 20+ years

We started using Power Church for our membership database in 1995, and found it to be user friendly, easy to learn, and more than adequate for our needs. Frankly, our initial choice of Power Church was budget based; I had previewed Shelby Systems, and liked its features, but found it prohibitively expensive. I had also previewed some less expensive options, but when Power Church came to my attention, and the price was right, it seemed like a wise choice for handling our congregational directory information, and mailing labels. We also made use of the Activities and Skills module fairly soon after purchasing. A few years later, we decided to take advantage of the integrated features of the program, and switched to Power Church for contributions, payroll and fund accounting. I've never regretted it; in fact, I've helped three other churches set up their accounting systems in Power Church, and I would not hesitate to recommend it as a flexible, powerful and cost-effective program.

Pros

Purchasing the program gives the user access to all its features; other programs require purchasing modules separately, and/or annual fees for updates; The program can be easily installed on multiple computers on a network; There is no additional charge for maintenance releases that are frequently issued to make the program more functional; The program is updated every few years, and current users are able to purchase program updates for a very reasonable cost; The online forum is very helpful in resolving issues that come up from time to time; also, technical support is readily available, even without a subscription; Program developers are responsive to users; it never takes long for flaws in the program to be fixed. Also, the online versions and added features, like the children's check-in system, are readily available. I'll probably think of other features after I submit this, but it boils down to the fact that Power Church Plus is a highly functional, flexible, user-friendly, cost-effective church database management system.

Debbie from Ukiah United Methodist Church

Admin Assist

I have been using Power Church since the third version and love it. (I think over 10years) It is as complex or as simple as you want it to be for your work. A great all in one software for the large or small Church office. It's flexible enough that you can start out using just part of it and grow into using more and more of it's features.

Pros

There is no need to buy other programs for all the varied tasks that happen weekly. It handles all the data base stuff like people data, mailing lists, attendance even with a spot for a picture of the family to name just a simple few. It's calendaring/scheduling module replaced my other dedicated software program. The contribution module does a a better job of keeping folks money in order and reporting it than the other dedicated non-profit software does. The accounting module & contribution module replaces my dedicated $ program. If I had the time (a part timer) I would definitely find the sermon and inventory trackers helpful as well. It is network-able so I only have to train my Pastor's how to get in to the program and they have what ever information they need when they need it, without yelling for me. It won't break your software budget.

Cons

Creating custom reports is still tricky for me to do in program so I export to MsWord or Excel to get what I need done more quickly. It doesn't help me make the weekly bulletin or monthly newsletter.

Jerry from Summit Avenue Baptist Church

Great software if you understand Debits and Credits

I would be using Quicken if it wasn't for the Payroll module. It's my favorite module and keeps track of the taxes and SS deductions but I had to have help several years ago setting this all up. (Three or Four sessions) I do like the accounts payable module. Especially computer checks!! Someone else in our church uses the Contribution module but I had to train them in it. They are doing well. Prices are good for upgrades.

Pros

Payroll, Accounts Payable, & fund accounting work fine but if you make a mistake, Lord Help you finding it. This is software for the college trained accountant I believe. Quicken is better for the novice but no Payroll included. The videos on your support helped immensely. Otherwise I would have given up!!

Cons

The last time I trained an assistant treasurer on this software it took several months and I ended up taking it back to fix all the mistakes. Too many things to remember for the novice accountant.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied March 2017

Hi Jerry, Thanks for taking the time to review PowerChurch Plus. We're glad to hear you find the Payroll module to be so full featured and useful. As you mentioned, our training videos are a great resource to become more comfortable with each area of the program, including Fund Accounting, which at first can seem a bit daunting to the novice. As always, please don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have any questions. We're available Monday - Friday 9AM to 6PM Eastern at 800-486-1800.

Rev Harold from Atlanta Deliverance Evangelistic Church

User Since 2010

I'm ready to upgrade!

Pros

I've been around PC+ since 2001 first as an IT Tech installing for churches across So. Florida until My wife and I planted a church in Georgia of 2010. I can say that the actual use was a challenge for me and so different than installing for others but I made it through. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to use. All that You need is right here in PC+. the other reviews are honest and healthy reviews as users perfectly describe their experience. I'm sure we made a great choice.

Cons

I'm really not sure of the cons ... not saying that there isn't any. there is no one application out there is going to be the best since slice bread. yeas we had and have challenges, but we are able through the forums to get fast and quick answers when needed. However, if I had to pick a con ... well it would be the upgrade. to get the media, you have to pay additional dollars and that makes me shed a tear ... that is a lot.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied September 2018

Hi Rev Harold, Thank you for your review of PowerChurch Plus. Glad to hear that you find the program fits the needs of your ministry. We agree that not just one application is the best for everyone. There¿s always room for improvements and we work hard to bring those changes requested by our users. As for purchasing the upgrade, we can provide you with a link to download the program, instead of sending you a CD and manual, at no additional cost. A PDF of the manual is included. To order or if you have any questions please give us a call at (800) 486-1800. We are available Monday ¿ Friday, 9am ¿ 6pm Eastern. Thank you!

Juanita from Free-lance bookkeeper

August 2016

Great and affordable software for churches

Updates to the payroll module in recent years are a definite plus making preparing tax returns SO much easier! The ability to handle temporary restricted funds is a definite plus over Quick Books. I was asked to audit books for a church using Quick Books, and they are using liability accounts to manage restricted funds. That procedure definitely paints an incorrect picture of the financial health of the institution and presents a opportunity for a very tense business meeting.

Pros

I love how easy it is to do my job and the clarity of reports I am able to present to the financial teams for the churches where I work.

Cons

The Cash Managemet Report is a great report for untrained people to understand their available funds. It would be great if this report could be done by fund like the Balance Sheet. I keep books for a church that has a diverse ministry and 3 bank accounts; and because the Cash Management Report is not available by fund, I prepare the Balance Sheet for each fund which requires doing some substracting of temporarily restricted funds from the cash in bank to determine available funds.

Sara from LPUMC

I've been using Power Church for over 25 years. Can't imagine what my job would be like without it.

It makes it possible to perform my job.

Pros

The integrated system between accounting, contributions, and membership is such a valuable tool. It makes my job as Church Office Administrator much easier. The variety and ease of printing reports and capturing data is so beneficial. I really appreciate the relevant software updates and the collaboration with my electronic fund transfer company.

Cons

Too many questions when adding a new profile. I wish I could trailer this to my specific needs. Tailor making reports and the query process is not easy.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied September 2017

Hi Sara, Thank you so much for your excellent review of PowerChurch Plus. We're happy to hear that the integration between the various modules of the program, combined with the available reporting options, have been so beneficial to the performance of your job. We always look forward to hearing suggestions or comments from our valued users. If you have any additional requests or recommendations, please don't hesitate to send us an email to wishlist@powerchurch.com. Thanks again.

Morris from Unity Presbyterian Church

Outstanding Church Software

Power Church is customized for church accounting. It gives you almost unlimited options in setting up different accounts to track funds customized to your situation. Like any software it takes some education and experience but the on line forum is a great place for help. Their customer service is the best I have ever encountered by a huge margin. Response in many cases is immediate and they will always help identify and solve your issue. Program.is updated when needed and improvements come from customers.

Pros

Customized for churches. Outstanding customer service.

Cons

Writing special reports require experience but not needed often due to large selection of predefined reports.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied March 2017

Hi Morris, We really appreciate you taking the time to submit your review of PowerChurch Plus. We're also glad to read that your customer service experience with us has been exceptional. Thank you for mentioning the Forum on www.powerchurch.com. It can certainly be a great resource to find answers not only from our customer support team, but also from fellow PowerChurch Plus users. Thank you!

Bobby from First Baptist Church of Algiers

Affordable, PC-based Member/Donation Management

My church was forced to change software when our previous vendor stopped supporting their PC-based software and was pushing for a cloud/web-based upgrade. My small church only needed software for membership management and donations. Call me "old-school" but I just did not want to transition to the cloud. PowerChurch Plus was the perfect solution. It is one of the few programs out there that is both affordable and PC-based. There were no strict license requirements or user/member/dollar limits. Their support in migrating data from our old software to PowerChurch Plus was timely, accurate and supportive. I have only used PowerChurch Plus for 7 months, but I love its speed and ease of use. Oh, for those who want to be cloud/web-based, they offer an online version, too!

Pros

1. PC-based with no limits regarding licenses/members/dollars. 2. Very affordable for all of the features included. 3. There are a good number of reports included with the software. 4. Their customer support and community forums are helpful, easy to use, and responsive.

Cons

1. Lack of ability to customize the "appearance/design" of reports included with the software. 2. There is a pretty good learning-curve for creating customized reports of your own.

My experience with PowerChurch has been excellent!

This software benefitted our church treasurer greatly. No more account ledgers tucked away in a filing cabinet. Myself and my pastor can now quickly and easily access financial records without having to find the keys to the filing cabinet and decipher the filing system the treasurer uses to tuck things away!

Pros

PowerChurch gives me the ability to manage multiple funds and accounts quickly and easily. It also gives me the ability to manage membership, church attendance, gauge growth of individual classes, etc. The customer service is excellent. I am not one who likes to call and wait to speak to a representative and I don't have to because the online help is excellent. On the two occasions I did have to call the hotline, customer support was quick and friendly.

Cons

I do wish there were more updates and that the service itself looked more modern. The firmware updates do not roll out quickly and sometimes there are bugs that need to be addressed.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied July 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review of PowerChurch Plus. We're happy to read that you've had such an excellent experience, and that the program has been such an asset to your church in terms of membership and financial management and reporting. We're always working to release updates and improvements for PowerChurch Plus, so please don't hesitate to contact us if you run into something you think may be an issue in the program. You can reach us at 800-486-1800, Monday through Friday 9AM - 6PM Eastern. Thank you again.

Cynthia from First United Methodist Church

Church Friendly

We have a rather large congregation. It is with ease to track contributions, set up funds, as needed, and print contribution reports. About a year ago, discovered that designations could be set up under the contribution funds, which was a great benefit!

Pros

Very Church friendly. Does all the accounting practices that we need in order to track contributors, vendors, payroll and payables. Running financials is a touch of a button, as are W-2's and 1099's. It looked a little overwhelming when I started, but soon fell into place.

Cons

Really, I can't think of any cons. If one has accounting experience, it is a breeze.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied January 2020

Hi Cynthia, Thank you for taking time to review PowerChurch Plus. We're glad to hear that the program helps you to maintain all the information for your large congregation. If at any time we can be of assistance, don't hesitate to give us a call at (800) 486-1800, Monday Friday, 9am 6pm Eastern.

Kris from Rising Sun Church of Christ

This system was already in place when I came to this job, but it was easy to learn.

Pros

Ease of use. It's has lots of functions, we don't use everything that we could, but with a move to online function this will be expanded to include the Check-in system.

Cons

Reporting could be more robust. I'd like more options when selecting the data that can be used in a report. I'm hoping the online version will have those options.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied May 2017

Hello Kris, We're happy to hear that you've found PowerChurch Plus easy to learn and use. We're currently working on adding more features and reports for future releases of the program, and we'd love to hear any suggestions you have in regards to reporting. Please send any requests or recommendations to wishlist@powerchurch.com. Additionally, if you're having trouble getting the information you need in certain reports, don't hesitate to give us a call for technical support. We're available at 1-800-486-1800, Monday through Friday 9AM to 6PM Eastern.

Monique from Good News Chapel

quite satisfied!

Excellent value for the money. A member of our Church Board, an accountant by profession, decided to purchase this software. As a bookkeeper, I am so grateful for his choice. Technical Support is very helpful at the beginning. If the technicians are busy, you leave a message and they call back within 1 hour.

Pros

Software is user-friendly. Updates are free.

Cons

It takes a long time to create the database but once done, any changes are a breeze. It would be great if the software would have cross-reference capability. We would not have to download different reports to get details on a certain document.

Judith from First United Methodist Church

PowerChurch

I have used PowerChurch software at one location (FUMCSB) for over 20 years as Computer Manager and another location (FCCSB) for 10 years as bookkeeper/secretary. Both positions are part time--two days weekly at one and 3 days weekly at the other. At FUMCSB we began using this program only for attendance and contributions, saving the contributions on an external floppy disk. In 2010 we began using it in conjunction with Vanco Services for online giving. In 2013 we began using it for accounting and in 2014 we began using a second Fund for Preschool in order to account for Preschool separate from the General Fund as well as Consolidated with the General Fund.

Pros

This is very easy to use and to teach others how to use. There is a large variety of reports available and we can also create our own reports.

Cons

Creating our own reports is more difficult than it should be.

Spencer from MHCEDC

PowerChurch Plus is great accounting software for your place of worship

Overall, I was very pleased with PowerChurch Plus. I was treasurer at our church and it definitely made my job that much easier.

Pros

I like how easy it was to set up repetitive tasks. This made it very easy to input the weekly contributions from our congregation.

Cons

It can be very overwhelming at first setting everything up and getting started. I would recommend reading the manual very carefully and using it as a reference if you run into any issues later down the road.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied March 2019

Hi Spencer, Thank you for taking time to review PowerChurch Plus. We are glad to hear that PowerChurch Plus was the right tool to help make your job easier. It¿s good that you made use of the reference manual as you were setting things up. We also offer online videos to help users learn the program. Don¿t hesitate to call us if we can help you along the way.

Sandy from Destiny Church Naples

Love PC

I especially like the internet access where I can work from home or from the church office.

Pros

PC is user friendly and produces wonderful reports. It integrates well with several other software making exporting & importing exceptional.

Cons

Most CPA's in Naples, FL doesn't understand the accounting software portion of PC. I need someone to contact me.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied August 2017

Hello Sandy, We're happy to hear that you've found the reporting and third-party integration within PowerChurch Plus to be user friendly and full-featured. We're also glad that the PowerChurch Online service has been so useful, allowing you to access the program from anywhere with an internet connection. You mentioned the accounting module in PowerChurch Plus, and we'd be more than happy to assist you with any questions. Please don't hesitate to call us at 800-486-1800, Monday through Friday, 9AM - 6PM Eastern.

Ed from New Life

Multiple Uses in this Database

Pros

We have used PowerChurch+ in many ways. First, the membership module has been very useful for keeping track of members, attenders, and visitors. Each person or family you input can be labeled as such. A convenient church directory can be printed from this module. We have used the payroll module, which is robust. We have never used the inventory module, but looks to be useful.

Cons

Each point of data must be input to build your directory/database.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied November 2018

Hi Ed, Thank you so much for taking the time to compose and submit your review of PowerChurch Plus. We love hearing from our customers, and we're happy to hear that, specifically, the Membership and Payroll modules have been so useful to you and your organization. As you mentioned, Payroll is one of many robust areas of the program, and PowerChurch Plus is a full-featured church management solution. PowerChurch Plus does rely on manual data entry for many areas of the program, but we're constantly working to introduce and improve the ability to import directly into PowerChurch. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions about this or any other features. We can be reached at 800-486-1800, Monday through Friday, 9AM to 6PM Eastern. Thank you!

Beverly from Trinity United Methodist Church

Used with success and confidence since 1991

We have used Power Church since 1991 and absolutely love it. Have not had to call for support since the first two or three years. Updates have been great and not costly at all.

Pros

Everything you could ask for such as membership data, financial record keeping and reporting, inventory of building and music, and ministry service. And it is all integrated! Exceptionally user friendly and takes little time to learn.

Cons

Too many pages of paper not used to the fullest extent that they could be. If you have not used a fund for a couple of years it still prints out a sheet every month. Can't seem to shut that fund down for a time.

Reagan from Rocky Face Baptist Church

We've been pleased with this software. Both stable and simple, it allows us to manage data easily.

Pros

We've appreciated the simplicity of entering and erasing contacts; the options for expansion (i.e., accounting, calendar); and the remote option.

Cons

At points, the editing can be cumbersome. My assistant and some of our volunteers have had trouble with this aspect consistently.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied June 2018

Hi Reagan, We appreciate you taking the time to submit your review of PowerChurch Plus. We're glad to hear that the program has been a benefit to you in terms of the ease of data entry, keeping track of contact information, and the additional modules built into the program such as Accounting and the Events Calendar. We're constantly working to introduce new features and improvements into PowerChurch Plus, and always welcome feedback and suggestions. Feel free to e-mail any ideas to wishlist@powerchurch.com. Thank you!

Regina from Holy Temple Pentecostal Church

Power Church is Powerful

This software allows me to keep accurate records for my church, pay invoices, payroll, catalog messages, keep information and photos of members. Been using it for over 15 years.

Pros

This is the best product I've found for church accounting. Everything you need in one platform. From membership to contributions to inventory.

Cons

The only downside is that you cannot pay invoices electronically. You can only write checks.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied February 2019

Hi Regina, Thank you for taking time to submit a review on PowerChurch Plus. It¿s wonderful to hear from a long time user who still finds the program meets their needs. We also appreciate your suggestion about an electronic bill pay feature. It has been forwarded to Program Development. If you have any other ideas, please don¿t hesitate to send them to wishlist@powerchurch.com.

Jerry from Parma Heights Baptist CHurch

We Stayed with Power Church

While on the board of our local church, we did an exhaustive study into Church CMS. We selected Power Church Plus after that study. Then while serving as the Manitenance and IT coordinator we briefly went to a competitor because it was first with the Children's Checkin Module. After a horrendous start-up and about a year of use, we went back to PC+ when it developed their own version of the check-in system. I believe we have been users now for about 30 years and happy with our relationship.

Pros

(1) Membership and Activity Tracking (2) Finance (3) Room SCheduling

Cons

We wish there was a better interface with the caladar system for our web page. Possibly we need to switch to the Online PC+ system

Sara from Lexington Park UM Church

I couldn't do my job without Power Church!

Pros

I have been using Power Church for over 27 years. The seamless connection from Finance, contributions, and membership makes this product extremely valuable. I appreciate the updates that are provided.

Cons

I can not think of any cons to using Power Church. It is very reliable and helps make my job much easier.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied July 2018

Hi Sara. Thank you so much for your glowing review of PowerChurch Plus. We're very happy to see that our program has helped you to do your job so well, and that you find the integration between each module so seamless. We work very hard to introduce updates and features that benefit our customers, and we're glad that these updates have been beneficial to you. If you ever have any ideas of new features, please send them to wishlist@powerchurch.com.

Julie from St. Barnabas Lutheran Church

Great Software

PowerChurch has been used here at St. Barnabas before I was hired 18 years ago. It has grown with us as we have grown, both in features and functionality. But it has always stayed a quality product.

Pros

The people behind this software listen to their users and improve the product in ways suggested. We rarely run into a problem that PC developers aren't already fixing. The modules work great, especially Membership, Accounting and Contributions. The Events and Receivables are good, amazing considering the price for this Software.

Cons

I wish there was a little more flexibility in the Events module for booking rooms for events

Ed from Pepperell Christian Fellowship

Long-time PowerChurch user

We've been using PowerChurch for over ten years and we're very happy with it. We started using it for membership management, for which it is very good. Not long after this, we stopped using our old accounting software and started using PowerChurch because it is a true double-entry accounting system with strong controls. Over the years we have had **very** few problems with PC, and the support team is excellent in responding. As far as value, I believe PC is a feature-rich system at very reasonable price.

Pros

It is a **real** accounting system, with strong controls and audit trails.

Cons

PowerChurch has a pretty good scheduling system, but I think it would benefit with some upgrades, particularly with the reports and the calendar displays. It does have a pretty seemless link to Google calendar, which helps.

Andy from Alger Park Christian Reformed Church

Power Church Plus at Alger Park

On the rebound from a bad church software experience, we purchased v.3 of PCP+. We have kept on using the software to the current version because it meets ALL of our needs, and the support staff has been very responsive to our questions and needs.

Pros

The similarity of the structure in all of the modules enables us to find and use the information that we are looking for, even in modules that we use infrequent in our specific job.

Cons

I really cannot think of any real negatives, even after many years of using the software

Jeffery from TheJOURNEY United Methodist Church

Solid program

Great

Pros

The integration of the accounting, contributions, and payroll features.

Cons

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied July 2019

Hi Jeffery, Thank you for submitting a review on PowerChurch. You are a long time customer and we appreciate your feedback. We would like to hear any suggestions you have about report titles, or anything else. Please don't hesitate to send those ideas to wishlist@powerchurch.com. Thank you!

Sarah from Searchlight Ministries

Good Church Software

Organizing my church.

Pros

I liked that this software can be both the accounting software and the directory as well. It stores names, addresses, photos as well as printing a detailed list of donations for each parishner.

Cons

The only thing I have had issues with is printing the reports. Many of the reports I have used are very similar so it is hard to find the exact one I want. I kind of like to be able to mark reports as a favorite so it would be able to find it next time easier.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied October 2017

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for your review. We're happy to hear that you've been able to take advantage of the membership and accounting portions of the program in the organization of your church. PowerChurch Plus contains a feature known as Quick Tasks, that allows you to create a customized quick menu with whatever options you choose to include, particularly your favorite reports. If you need any assistance setting this up, or have any other questions, please give us a call at 800-486-1800. We're available Monday through Friday from 9AM to 6PM Eastern.

Valarie from FCFTucson

Overall a great program that combines membership, contribution, and accounting functions.

Pros

I like that PowerChurch is membership, contribution tracking, and accounting all-in-one. Our online giving through our website using one of the partners of PowerChurch gives us an integrated import function and has increased productivity of processing online giving.

Cons

There is no communication component that includes group texting abilities. We will have to subscribe to an outside provider and set-up another system to achieve this desired outcome.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Valarie, Thank you for submitting your review. We're happy to read that PowerChurch Plus works well overall for you across the different modules of the program. Thank you for pointing out the streamlined online giving function that we've developed with Vanco Payment Solutions. As far as group texting capabilities, we're always happy to hear requests and suggestions from our users. We'll pass this request along to our Development Team, and please feel free to email us with any other suggestions at wishlist@powerchurch.com.

James from Chalfont United Methodist Church

partial review of power church

I am running PowerChurch Plus 11.5. I mostly use the Contributions module. I like the functionality mostly except for one thing. Power Church takes my entries which are dated the same and combines them together in a single sum for that date on the bank reconciliation. With electronic giving and two services each sunday, we have quite a few bank deposits during the month. In order to keep peace with the treasurer (who does the reconciliation), I need the power church deposits to match the bank deposit amounts. Therefore, I have to jump through hoops to make Power Church give me the separate amounts. I do this by faking the dates. This is relative easy for our second service collection. I just date the entries on the Monday after the service. However the electronic giving from Vanco has dates all over the place. I have to go into the CSV file and make sure every deposit is unique and doesn't match one of the 8 or 10 Sunday collection deposits. This is VERY time consuming and subject to errors. Why can't Power Church give me the option of not combining dates?

Pros

easy of data entry

Cons

awkward payroll module & poor formatting of the half-page directory printout

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied March 2017

Hi James, Thank you for your feedback. PowerChurch Plus can certainly do what you are trying to achieve. It creates separate bank deposits for each posting. Therefore, you could enter and post each service separately using the same date. As for the Vanco CSV, there is now a direct integration with Vanco that accurately creates the accounting transactions so that you can reconcile. Please don¿t hesitate to give us a call at 800-486-1800 and one of our support technicians would be happy to assist you. Thank you!

Rick from Temple Baptist Church

Outstanding value!

Great product for all your church management needs. Easily handles membership, attendance, activities, fund accounting and payroll. Very reasonably priced with great support and documentation.

Pros

Does almost everything your church would need. Networking is included so it's easy to set up several workstations. The Payroll Module is great with no costly maintenance or yearly fees.

Cons

Accounting is a little difficult to set up the first time

Shana from Shana LaNaye Photography

I use Powerchurch Plus on a weekly basis.

It definitely helps me in my weekly tasks of data entry for my job as the Administrative Assistant (also accounts payable and receivable) at our church.

Pros

This software is easy to use on the contribution and membership parts. It was easy to set up, and very easy to complete my work weekly.

Cons

I do not care for the accounting part of this software. It has been difficult to learn and use. I would like to see the windows become larger where I could view the entire ledger, instead of entering item by item.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied February 2018

Hi Shana, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about PowerChurch Plus. That¿s great that you find the Membership and Contribution modules help you to easily complete your work each week (and leave you time for your photography passion). As for the things you don¿t like in the accounting, why don¿t you call or e-mail our technicians with a little more detail and maybe they can give you some suggestions that will help. Thank you!

Candace from ITEC

Notable accounts payable software!

By utilizing the PCPlus software users will gain a better understanding of accounts payable within an all-in-one platform. Users will be able to update members information such as address or invoice information per contribution. Administrators can notify members of contribution within the email client of the PCPlus software. In addition, active funds is a new feature within the version 11 that allows users to exclude deductible contributions to be listed on statements based upon goods or services. Other features include adding a "new code" to implement rather than entering multiple additions for the original contribution fund.

Pros

Integrated data entry software. The software offers end users membership reports and personal profiles. The software allows users to bill members for service and generate invoices. The software is an absolute simple way to manage members contributions. The software allows users to export data in various file types. Overall, the system set up options are relatively simple to modify depending on users preferences.

Cons

Integration of Microsoft Office products are limited and does not convert certain files to be compatible. Duplicate entries of data must be deleted and not updated at once to delete the previous duplicate entry. Updates regarding software may not be readily available upon logging out of the system. Most recent reports of crashes of the software may include limited customer support while utilizing the software. Pricing plans of enterprise information are available upon request.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied April 2018

Dear Candace, We're having some difficulty understanding many of your comments about the program. They don't match with how the software is designed to work. We're also having trouble verifying you as a PowerChurch Plus user. If you are, and have any questions or issues, please don't hesitate to contact us so that we can help clarify any of the program functionality for you. You can reach us at 800-486-1800, Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm Eastern. Thank you.

Jerry from 1st Presbyterian Church of Jacksonville

Power Church Plus review

We have been with Power Church Plus for many years and have found it very easy to use. their response to help is very good.

Pros

The best thing is that every thing works together from contributions to accounting. The reports are many so you can get in info that you need from the past

Cons

I would like to see lookup keys for acct. payable so when you put in a name it will come up or all the Toms will come up. The system now is time consuming to look up the vendor if you don't know the vendor ID

Mark from Cornerstone Community Church

Antiquated Software

We have been using this software for years. We went away from it because the very fact that is a multi-database system that is not integrated - by design. We found everything from the accounting, to name tags and attendance to be very time intensive, nonintuitive and cumbersome. It does have features that others lack but feels like a software that would have been great in the 1990's not so much for today. Training and support come at a premium where you must pay lots of money for 1-2 hour videos. Not user-friendly, not flexible. The best way I can explain this software is its written by engineers for engineers. Hope this helps.

Pros

It runs on a computer.

Cons

10-15 years behind in modern software architecture and user-friendly interface. Doesn't integrate information, can't make root changes and very well and nonintuitive.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied December 2016

Hi Mark, We really appreciate your input and are sorry you seem to have had such a negative experience with our products. The PowerChurch Software team is constantly working on refining and streamlining the user experience. To that end, we are always interested in hearing any user suggestions on how to improve that experience. Please keep in mind that Cornerstone Community Church has unlimited access to technical support by phone or e-mail, which is included with your PowerChurch Online subscription. We are always more than happy to address any issues you may have.

Connie from Creator's Touch Ministries

Vice President, Bookkeeper

Have used it since 2000 and only had to call for help one time. I like the fact that I don't have to have it in the cloud but only on my laptop. The manual is quite clear and easy to use. Set up is very easy. I have helped two other organizations set up on Power Church and have recommended it to several others. The regular updates are appreciated.

Pros

Ease of use. Multiple funds. Warnings for dates and out of month. Easy to find mistakes. Easy to correct mistakes. I have not used the check reader and some of the other functions as I currently reside in Africa as a missionary but do the accounting from here. Training is a plus.

Cons

Would like the ability to have a second ministry on the same software. I have had some trouble downloading the updates here in Zambia, but not sure why.

David from Lioving Waters Assembly of God

18 Years With PowerChruch Plus

PowerChruch Plus has been the easiest Software program to work with compared to others we have experimented with and compared it to.

Pros

We like the four different modules you can work with or choose options to work with. You can use selective options to work with this system or you can fully integrate the entire system into your loperations. Depends on the size of your church and what you wnat to do with it.

Donna from Fairfield Presbyterian Church

Easiest Church Software Yet!

I have been using PowerChurch for most of my church career. I have found it easy to set-up, easy to use, and if I have a question, the user's guide explains things simply. I love the reports it generates and the variety of things it can do. Thank you PowerChurch for this software!

Pros

Easy to learn The variety of reports it will generate Database easy to use Contributions module is wonderful

Cons

haven't found any yet

Jason from Shrewsbury Assembly of God

While great for tracking contributions, Power Church LACKS in too many areas.

The only benefit to our church has been tracking contributions of our church members.

Pros

The greatest PRO for Power Church is the recording of financial contributions of church members. While it has a number of other capacities (room reservations, and calendar options), none of these other capacities are user-friendly. However, it is not bad for the cost.

Cons

The entire program lacks usability and ease of access from devices other than your desktop. Power Church has not kept up with the app-driven world and has very little capability to assist in communication with our team members, or church members as a whole. We are forced ucrrently to use an entire other web-based program (Constant Contact) for the purposes of communication. This means we have to keep our contacts (emails) up to date in a minimum of 2 places (for us 3+ places because of our use of Planning Center). Overall, my experience with Power Church is that it is "clunky" to use, and only serves our needs in a limited capacity. There is not even a way to track 1st time guests. The only reason our church is still using Power Church is because of the massive effort it would take to switch over to a new program as a 78 year old church. In addition, our one secretary has some computer limitations in learning a new program.

Response from PowerChurch Software

Replied October 2017

Hi Jason, Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We¿re glad to hear that the Contributions module fits your church¿s current needs. The Constant Contact integration has the ability to sync e-mail addresses so you don¿t have to update changes in both PC+ and Constant Contact. Please give us a call and we would be happy to walk you through taking advantage of this feature. In terms of usability from other devices, our PowerChurch Online service offers access across multiple platforms, as well as a mobile web interface for staff members to view Membership information and record Attendance on the go. You can reach us at 800-486-1800, Monday through Friday, 9AM to 6PM Eastern.

James from First Christian Church

Great Software Program For All Churches

PowerChurch Plus is an outstanding software program for all churches, both large and small. It covers all facets of church accounting procedures which makes it easy to keep track of church business and activities. Before buying PowerChurch Plus, our church was using Quick Books software which was not designed for churches and was difficult to use. PowerChurch Plus made my job much easier, cut my time in half, and gave use much more usable information. It was well worth the price and I would recommend it to all churches based on my experience.

Pros

Easy to use, covers all the accounting bases and gives us lots of usable information. Also, maintenance updates are provided on a regular basis and good technical support.

Cons

Just a few quirky features I would like to change, but nothing major.