What are ProPresenter users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ProPresenter software through verified user reviews

1,847 Reviews

1,258

• icon"I like that this software is reliable, after it is setup correctly. I like that has so many great features for various types of presentations."
  • icon"Flexible, responsive program that invests new media quickly and seamlessly. Quick reorientation of slides and presentable media."
  • icon"They have made a much better product that is FULL of helpful features. I have always loved the way Pro just WORKS and that you can do almost anything with it."
  • icon"Will sometimes crash with no warning. Does not always remember output settings that were last used."
  • icon"I don't like the amount of change to the nomenclature from 6 to 7 and the lack of custom layouts for the main UI."
  • icon"Also the more complex the system our church has the harder it is to trouble shoot wen something is not working correctly."

Browse all ProPresenter Reviews

• Have you used ProPresenter and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,836 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,836 reviews

Micah

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

ProPresenter is perfect!

Zontrey

April 2022

An essential software in my daily life

Pros

ProPresenter (ProPresenter 7 to be specific) has been one of the primary tools that I use that has grown with the work that we do in a production environment. Whenever I seem to find limitations there is something new released or demonstrated in a training.

Cons

You are only limited by the specifications of your computer. I don't have any least likes for ProPresenter, only an old computer.

Albert

The Next Level of Presentation

My overall experience has been nothing but positive. For the price point you get an amazing product that will meet most if not all of your presentation needs. The video tutorials are excellent and I have been able to get support via chat and talking to a live person as well, which is fantastic it today's world. I am still discovering new capabilities and how to implement them and the constant improvements and updates are well received.

Pros

ProPresenter 7 enables our relatively small church to present professional looking graphics to our online and in house worshipers. Even though the initial learning curve is relatively steep, there are plenty of tutorials and videos available to make the learning detailed and easy. Once I learned the basics, I was astounded at the simplicity and complexity of the program. You can do basic presentation with ease and quickly master more complicated ways of utilizing the capabilities of ProPresenter more fully. One of the best and most helpful features is the ability to create different themes that can be applied to text. This saves you so much time. Separating media, slides, announcements, video input etc. into different layers that can be selected or cleared gives you many different options and features in using the product. Being able to send the same text to a display in house on a full screen and at the same time as a lower third on a live stream is a very useful feature. Another great feature is that your work is immediately saved as you work on a presentation. No need to worry that you will lose your work if you forget to save. This is also not a stagnant one time buy, but a product which evolves and improves all the time with new features and the latest ideas for application.

Cons

For whatever reason the program takes a while to load on a computer. More so than most other software programs. Even though there is an app available that can serve as a remote to control the program from a phone or tablet, as apposed to a computer, the design is poor and the functionality is limited. Propresenter recently released a plug in for stream deck, which is also available as an app, which will probably make up for the lack of a good remote. As far as I am aware of, there is no physical remote that will work well with ProPresenter.

Reasons for choosing ProPresenter

When I watched some YouTube videos and overviews of ProPresenter, I knew I was ready to make a step up from what I have used in the past, which is SongShow Plus.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

Having used SongShow Plus for more than 14 years, I was looking for something better. Many years ago I was a little intimidated by ProPresenter, but this time I thought I'd give it a chance, and I am happy I did. There is no comparison in the capabilities of the two programs and once I learned the basics of ProPresenter I was asking myself, why I haven't made the switch many years ago already.

Gagan

Experience of Pre Presenter

Pros

My most favorite thing about this application is layout and representation, it's like everything we need at any time , it's already there and we can find it very easy, and the animations are quite amazing.

Cons

The worst thing about this is it stuck too much sometimes while typing, applying forts and many other time, rest is good

Joel

February 2022

Great Presentation Software for Churches

We are using this for 3 church services a week as our presentation software. I would recommend it to anyone. It delivers our lyrics, graphics, and Scriptures in a professional way at a great value.

Pros

Pro Presenter is easy to use. I can teach a volunteer to use the basic features within a few minutes of sitting down at the computer. The integration with CCLI to import songs is a feature that is a huge time saver. Formatting is a breeze with the toolbar. Editing spelling errors on the fly is quick and easy. Overall it is a great value for the purchase price. My team loves it, and we will continue to us it for many years to come. It is simple to make professional presentations quickly.

Cons

The only area I would like to see improved is the mobile app. It is very nice to have, but is a little slow to load things on the fly.

Reasons for choosing ProPresenter

After demoing both products, the choice was clear. Pro Presenter was much easier and intuitive to use.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

We partly made the switch because we were looking for a presentation software for our new Mac computer. Song Show was clunky and slow. It was not volunteer friendly. Don't regret switching one bit, 4 years in and still happy with my choice.

Erik

Next Level Presentations

We use this software at our church to structure our service. What I love about this entire thing is that its relatively pretty easy to use and also to load any type of media into the presentation. The features on this program are well worth it, and enable our church to communicate visually in a professional and powerful way.

Pros

This software can do just about anything you need it to do for small and big presentations. I love how easy it is to drag and drop whatever I need into how I want to structure our services. I enjoy how even the little things like "go to logo" are able to be displayed at the click of a button. The ability for it to link up with ccli is also amazing. Song lyrics just pop right into the program at ease.

Cons

There are times when the program can seem rather overwhelming. I forget at times where certain things are located or which buttons do what even though I use the software quite often. I wish the layout was a bit simpler. At times certain functionalities can be a bit buggy, however its usually solved by restarting the program.

Reasons for choosing ProPresenter

This software is better for projection and makes preparation for slides quick and easy. It's also very easy to teach others how to use it.

Lynda

December 2021

A professional, consistent look for in-person and livestream services

I'd recommend this to everyone as the industry standard for presentations. There's some work to be done on the front end with customization and formatting, but once that initial work is put in, the rest of it rolls along nicely.

Pros

I really love the versatility of this product. We've used ProPresenter since it was in its fourth revision, and we now use ProPresenter7. I can plan out presentations weeks in advance if I have them figured out, and we can add multiple playlists for pre- and post-service music in as many categories as we'd like. The ease of importing songs is aided by the link to SongSelect, and that really speeds things along when adding anything new.

Cons

Using ProPresenter 4, 5, and 6 were helpful in at least having a baseline of knowledge of how the program works. However, there were so many changes to ProP7 (all of them good) that it took a little relearning to be able to use and format basic things. Part of this was the way we were using it—going from in-person services only to in-person and livestream—so the setup was naturally a lot different. The learning curve from 6 to 7 was a bit steeper for me because the updated design shuffled a lot of features around and renamed them. This was at the same time we began using the different lyric and sermon formatting for livestreaming, so that's probably on me, rather than ProP, but now that I have the hang of it again, we're good.

Reasons for choosing ProPresenter

Our youth ministry had used MediaShout years ago, and it just seemed like such a burdensome program—perhaps great when it was new, but definitely a dinosaur in today's tech—that ProPresenter was really the only program considered seriously. We started with ProP4 and upgraded each time, currently using ProP7.

March 2022

Propresenter great to get up and go.

I would say overall its a great piece of software and I have been incredibly impressed with it. I like how stable it is, I have never had a computer crash because of it. I am currently considering expanding my use of it because of its reliability.

Pros

This product is very easy to deploy and start using. Whether you already have plenty of content or need to make it Pro-presenter allows you to get up and started very easily. I would say there really isn't a similar product in the market that allows you to do as much as pro-presented does right now at its price point.

Cons

SO while the main front facing user features are incredibly easy to get started and learn. Some settings are more difficult to find. I often have students and occasional users working with propresenter. Occasionally something occurs that they dont know how to fix and can't figure out where to go to fix it. I would like to see the settings more clearly labled and accessable. SOme things are found under preferences and others are in other tabs. I would like all preferences and setting options to be under their own tab/location.

Reasons for choosing ProPresenter

This product was chosen for me when our video system was updated.

Tim

Great for small to Mid level churches

It has done most things good. It does have a pretty good learning curve if you are getting into more advance setups. It you are just looking to put bible verses and words on the screen then that is very simple.

Pros

You can layer words over a set background. It also allows you to project different slides to different projectors. It has a stage slide that will let the people on stage know what the congregation is seeing and what is next along with a timer. You can change what on the stage display too.

Cons

Many of the features are hidden in the program. 2-3 clicks in. It a little clucky when you get into a large setup using multiple feeds and more than 2 separate screen. For a large church using a lot of video and camera work this is probably not the best.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

Needed a program that could do more advance stuff. However we are out growing pro-presenter too

Nellissa

March 2022

ProPresenter is a MUST for growing churches!

Pros

I've been a worship leader for over 10 years and I can tell when a church is using propresenter and when they're not. There are so many functions and options that takes the Sunday worship experience to the next level. Their integrations and ability to make changes on the fly are bar none.

Cons

My only concern is the cost of the software and how there isn't a discounted rate for those that may have the previous version. It takes significant investment for a church to feel the need for this software.

Reasons for choosing ProPresenter

We chose propresenter in the end because there is no other software that can compete with it.

Brandon

April 2022

Great Option for Church Media Presentation

Pros

While, at first, it seems it can be relatively complex, it doesn't take long to understand how ProPresenter works. There is a lot you can do with this software—from basic presentation to more complex service production, ProPresenter handles it all.

Cons

There are only minor things I like least about ProPresenter — mostly user preference items. I do enjoy the convenience of ProPresenter's mobile app to control the software wirelessly, but it needs improvements. I constantly face connectivity issues when I am no more than 20 feet away from the computer, even with 100+ Mbps internet speeds. The app also has responsive issues and is slightly complicated to use.

mohamed

March 2022

ProPresenter is by far the most superior and easiest to use software.

The program has no problems so far and works very efficiently.

Pros

It is considered easy to use as dealing with existing business processes is easy Organizational templates. custom use And also the special front-end visual functions that give the program the right to rise and excel over other programs, and we can also broadcast directly (using Resi) I am happy to use and invite friends to the program.

Cons

After working on the program, it is difficult to find anything missing, or the product can be improved, or what is difficult to use, as there is no defect or difficulty in dealing with the program.

Jeff

Pro Presenter brought our small church on a budget into the 21st century

Before Propresenter, we were stuck using PowerPoint, and other programs for audio tracks. It was a nightmare. This program was exactly what we needed to present our video and audio seamlessly in one user-friendly platform.

Pros

It is very user friendly so that almost any volunteer can be of service in managing the service presentations.

Cons

It was a bit hard to set up at first. We needed to get a signal splitter to output to two screens on the stage. They have since fixed this issue so that you can output whatever you want via USBC to individual monitors.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

If you have used it, you would know. It's a huge improvement.

Brianna

May 2022

ProPresenter is the best of the options

Pros

I like using pro presenter because they make it easy to use. First of all, they connect to a gallery of common songs so you can upload lyrics into slide presentations, cutting out the work of finding the lyrics and entering them by hand. This also reduces errors on slides. Additionally, they have a variety of static or moving backgrounds that are engaging. Finally, it syncs to other software programs I use making integrations and work easy.

Cons

I like everything about pro presenter. I train in our volunteers to use it and it's always easy to explain and use.

Presents your services with ease

Without the great video tutorials, it would be a challenge to get started with this software, but that's why there are tutorials! Once you have the basics of this software, you are ready to go. There is a little training to understand how things work for anyone running the system. We transitioned from a different presentation software to this one and hands down are so happy with our choice to move to ProPresenter! The pricing is reasonable for even the smallest of facilities, the creation of libraries will save you time as you build them out and it is super easy to insert these pieces into your service "playlist".

Pros

The layout and design to build a service is laid out nicely. The BEST part of this product is the building of libraries and how easy it is to build a service or presentation from your libraries, even quick additions while live!

Cons

A few times while creating a playlist, we will find something added was not there when we started up the playlist later. We have still not solved this mystery but just have a note to always double-check for all presentations to be in the playlist!

Reasons for choosing ProPresenter

Our experience with MediaShout wasn't stellar the past 18 months. The company and support team is great, but we were constantly having things to work around. The pricing was very comparable and ProPresenter had been previously used by one of our pastors who recommended we consider it if we were in the position of making a change anyway. The trial closed the deal when we saw how nicely we could set up the services and use the software with multiple volunteers who set up each service, while also keeping things consistent.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

System requirements and many little frustrations with MediaShout caused us to be in a position where we needed to upgrade and it looked like as good as time as any to switch to a software that seemed to fit our needs a little better and are hoping it's less buggy.

Hunter

The best presentation software for churches, and everyone else.

ProPresenter is volunteer friendly and a very easy to learn software with incredible flexibility. The features available in the Looks menu, Midi integration, and a simple presentation interface make this the perfect software for use in any presentation.

Pros

Livestreaming from ProPresenter was an amazing feature for them to add. When we switched our livestream over to ProPresenter, we fixed issues we didn't even know we had. ProPresenter has unlimited output screens, so you can have 3, 6, 10, 50 individual output destinations, and ProPresenter can send your content to them all. The slide editor is seriously powerful. There's no need to build slides in Power Point anymore. Just train your pastor to edit their slides in ProPresenter. All will be well. ProPresenter is constantly getting bug fixes and major feature update. NDI is built-in to the software.

Cons

Occasional bugs here and there, but I've never ran into anything show-stopping that wasn't a user error.

Reasons for choosing ProPresenter

MediaShout seemed like many features were hard to find or things like simple features that I would use every day are buried 2 levels deep in menus. As for Proclaim, I didn't like the user interface. One thing I did like was the cloud integration with Proclaim. Proclaim is also subscription based, and ProPresenter is not.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

Worship Extreme was very limited on their feature set. Even simple things, like a scrolling slide show, could not be done.

ProPresenter for Church A/C

We have had a great experience and love the way we can craft both our worship song slides as well as the sermon slides and anything else we want to do. It effortlessly handles any embedded video or audio and is just a workhorse program for all our your visual applications and needs.

Pros

We made the switch to ProPresenter to have more options in our creativity, livestreaming, and general overall graphic and visual content. The options it presents the user with are limitless and great for expanding your creativity many different ways.

Cons

It would be good if there were more 'on the fly" controls to instantly duplicate slides and do more things with special characters/text.

Reasons for choosing ProPresenter

We looked at the previously reviews for the product and also had other churches who highly recommended it to us over all the other available products on the market. We also chose it due to it noted reliability and multiple options for that type of software.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

We wanted to upgrade and expand our capability for our visual presentations both in house and in our live streaming to Facebook Live. We also wanted a better program to work with Switcher for our livestream.

Patrick

ProPresenter is the most versatile presentation software on the market

I cannot recommend ProPresenter enough to anybody who needs to present content. Over my years of working with the software, any bugs I've encountered have been patched out in future updates so I have no hesitation to recommend everyone use ProPresenter.

Pros

I have yet to throw a task at ProPresenter that it couldn't handle. From its ease of use when editing slides, to the ability to work seamlessly with any number of video outputs, ProPresenter is simply the best presentation software you can find. I especially appreciate the "arrangments" feature which greatly increases productivity.

Cons

My only real complaint about ProPresenter is the fact they removed support for social media integrations. In the previous version, you could include realtime images and text from Twitter and Facebook but they have since removed the feature.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

Didn't have the functionality I was looking for.

Travis

THE BEST Presentation Software on the market!!

Currently we use Pro Presenter as a House of Worship solution, and as a traveling presentation software; it flawlessly integrates with our mac mini and and 5 monitor system. The thing i love most about ProPresenter is that it is simple enough for a kid to use, and at the same time has complex feature for Pro users to indulge in like; iPad controls, Hi Definition video and audio options, social media integration and up-gradable external modules.

Pros

The ease of use. ProPresenter generally just works. It is so hassle free and is so simple that i was able to teach it to seniors and children! When i allow end users to run our system i feel confident that they will be able to create, and run a flawless presentation!

Cons

The only small gripe i have is that ProPresenter Pro License doesn't come with alot of free or embeded stock videos or images. The base price point is fair, i just wish there were more stock photos, video and sounds for the Pro license.

Reasons for choosing ProPresenter

We chose ProPresenter because it is simple to use, has Hi quality, Rarely has issues (i can trust that it will run and not fail during a services or meetings), If it does have small issues the customer service team is extremely helpful and detailed oriented.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

There were a lot of reasons that i recommended against our organization purchasing EasyWorship. The biggest reason i did not have our organization purchase EasyWorship is because its workflow is counteractive and not fluid; for example i remember trying to utilize my iTunes library and getting frustrated with how difficult it was to integrate. In comparison Pro-Presenter has a simple iTunes integration protocol and allows for users to run entire playlist from the main window!

Sean

Robust Presentation Software that You'll Want

I and our team use ProPresenter for multiple services throughout the week as well as special events. My experience has been that ProPresenter is an exceptional and versatile software for handling any presentation needs. I use ProPresenter on a regular basis and have consistently had great experiences using it and being pleased with its capabilities.

Pros

ProPresenter is a robust and multi-function capable presentation software that has tons of great features that can make anyone's presentation a professional experience. From its ability to handle picture, video, and even web-based material putting together a worship service, a corporate presentation, or a ceremony is easily handled with ProPresenter.

Cons

There is a learning curve on building folders and presentation files as well as importing/linking files that you will use. There are helpful support pages that can assist with the learning process. Additionally, you have to be aware that ProPresenter literally takes over your computer's video and audio when it is running so that other processes don't interrupt your presentation.

Reasons for choosing ProPresenter

For its better features and compatibility with our existing computer and projection equipment.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

The capabilities and features of ProPresenter made it the clear choice for our needs as a church. ProPresenter handles pretty much everything we need from our presentation software and is easier to use for building presentations that PowerPoint is.

Jeremy

Perfect for Church environment, and easy to train new users on

As a church, we need to enable the congregation to follow along with the songs we sing and the sermon that is preached. This allows us to display what we need, in a way that is both engaging AND distraction-free. The software is basic enough that my new volunteers can jump right in, but with enough advanced features that I can do more complicated slides. It also has many more features that we can use as we grow and need them without switching platforms.

Pros

Most importantly: it is a stable product that outputs w/o any issue. Next is that it is easy to train new volunteers on the basic operations of the software. Both of these are important to us.

Cons

I haven't yet got the ability to sync files to work smoothly using Google Drive; if I can ever get it to the point where I can trust it, it will allow me to remotely (from home) create and edit files when I have a few minutes to spare.

Reasons for choosing ProPresenter

MUCH easier to use and MUCH more powerful. I ran MS for a few years but was able to self-teach myself this and continue to grow in my ability to implement.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

The feature list, support available, and ease of use.

Justin

Present With Excellence

ProPresenter has helped 2 churches I've been a part of. In the first church, ProPresenter helped us expand our media capabilities so we no longer had to rely on CD decks or external video players. Everything was in one place and quickly accessible. The other church upgraded to full HD-capable hardware, and ProPresenter allowed us to take full advantage of our setup.

Pros

ProPresenter gives the church just about everything it needs to put on an excellent presentation on Sunday mornings, with lyrics, slides, announcements, countdowns...anything you need for service is at your fingertips. - First, this is a rare gem to have a one-time payment software. It's an investment, but you don't have to commit to monthly or yearly payments, which is very nice. - Lyric slides are robust giving you all the options you need to manipulate font and images. - For sermons, you can build really nice slides in propresenter, or bring in your powerpoint slides to use as well. - We really enjoy the lyric import tool syncing with songselect. So any new song that comes in we don't have to type up. Just import it and set it up as you want it to look on the slides. - There are numerous options to enhance your presentation experience such as Bibles you can load on there and plugging in your Twitter feed. - Also, media is very easy to handle. Import images and videos and pull them up easily with their "bin" system. - Last thing I want to hit on is the playlist system is very easy to use. Build your "Sunday morning playlist" by dragging and dropping in lyrics, slides, and other media.

Cons

The only con about ProPresenter is how daunting the software can be. You are provided with tutorial videos and documentation, but with all the customizability inside, it can be easy to get lost, so you really have to watch the videos several times and go along with the software to get a feel for where everything is. The other con is only if it's on Windows machines, I've seen it crash or freeze more often on Windows than Macs.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

To have more media playing options

Jason

Great production package

Pros

If you have ever used powerpoint, you can use this software. It's as simple or as complex as you want it to be. Great for volunteers to walk in, and be able to simply hit a few buttons to follow along with scripts with minimal training We use ProP for weekly services and use it for both worship songs, videos and sermon notes. Great flexibility all around!

Cons

While MANY features are implemented quickly from the suggestion forums, some just never get a response or are "ignored"

Reasons for choosing ProPresenter

Support forums and responses were MUCH more active Licensing for the entire range of computers both MAC and PC in our environment was much easier and cheaper to setup

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

Our prior software was too complex to let our volunteers setup/work on. The ease of use for different song and presentation setup took our prep time from 5 hours + per week to 2-3 hours or less depending on complexity of the show

Rick

Can't imagine NOT having ProPresenter

I had been working with Media Shout from it's beginning. Years ago, I gave ProPresenter a try and quickly made the transition to ProPresenter. At the time, there was more of a centralized, get everything you need in the same place, feel that met our needs. And being honest, using the software was not always easy. Early on, it was very clunky and awkward in certain areas and there were moments of great frustration (no different from other presentation software, though). However, the benefit always outweighed the challenges and with every update, it seemed to get closer to what we needed it to be. Now, I consider it a mainstay in our ministry and seriously can't think of working without it!

Pros

I truly like the completeness of the software and ease of use. Through the years, it has become a crucial part of my work in that it is very easy to create a "show" from my office and have it ready for the crew in the booth to use each week. I greatly appreciate the fact that I can easily equip volunteers to interact with ProPresenter at a very basic level to advanced levels in a short amount of time. I also appreciate the fact that it just works, all the time, I don't have to worry about it causing issues for our volunteers.

Cons

Actually, the things I like least about ProPresenter have been addressed over time via updates. Since the issues are no longer issues, there's no need to bring them up. Suffice it to say, ProPresenter has evolved into an extremely robust program that is very accessible to everyone from the beginner to the professional.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

I was happy with Media Shout and had been using it for quite a while. As with most presentation software though, it had its drawbacks and when I heard about ProPresenter, I wanted to see of it would better meet our needs. The integrated resources for content, and the user interface were big factors in making the switch.

Tim

Industry: Music

Powerful resource for multimedia worship

We were able to expedite the service preparation process incredibly with the media integration available through ProPresenter.

Pros

I love the integration of various media types and source material platforms. The SongSelect integration is by far the most useful feature for a church that relies on SongSelect for lyrics etc. Also, the multi-user features coupled with cloud sync make team collaboration so much more efficient.

Cons

The biggest issue we had was with releases/support for PC lagging so far behind Mac. Not investing in Mac hardware puts the church at a disadvantage with this software. I don't expect that to change, and it may not need to for the company to be successful, but it makes you ask if it's really better to support PC use if the support is inferior. Additionally, having cloud sync as an 'extra' rather than built into the payment model seems a bit backwards - but for a software that is bought for a larger one-time fee rather than monthly/annual subscription, it makes sense as bandwidth is not free for anyone.

Reasons for choosing ProPresenter

We had a volunteer with previous ProPresenter experience who vouched for its ease of use.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

Our previous software had a 'clunky' interface and simple repetitive tasks took to long to perform.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,836 reviews