All ProPresenter Reviews

ProPresenter is perfect!

Simon

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Whether you're a gathering of 6 or 60,000 people, ProPresenter scales very well!

From the time we decided to take the plunge to having used it for years now, working on ProPresenter has been such a great delight. Given that most services depend on volunteers, it was becoming increasingly difficult to have the manpower required to run these different systems. Using ProPresenter to integrate into our current production rig, saves us both time and resources.

PROS

The biggest advantage of using ProPresenter for us was the ability to have multiple outputs to multiple displays. Having the ability to add and subtract layers on the fly is another great advantage of using this great software. The ability to integrate it with our present music production software (Ableton Live) is what made it possible to automate our audio and lighting scenes. This is far ahead of what the competition offers at the moment.

CONS

The barrier to entry is probably the price and yearly subscription. While it may not be a lot, the possibility of a very small congregation or international audiences not being able to afford it, is a likelihood.

Reason for choosing ProPresenter

ProPresenter provided the most features that we were looking for. Multiple display options with custom display layers is something that we needed that most others have not been able to do well.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

Though OpenLP provided great flexibility, we are not developers by profession, which made creating custom display out a little too tedious. ProPresenter comes built with great customization options that are ready to use.

Rex

Reviewed June 2023

Simply the best for churches and small organizations.

We've been using ProPresenter since 2011 and absolutely love the ease of use and stability. It's been a great product with great support when you need it.

PROS

We can train a volunteer to use ProPresenter in just a few minutes, but the depth of features is outstanding. We probably use less than half of the capabilities of ProPresenter, so it scales with us. It's also rock solid. Nothing induces panic like a last-minute software crash. It very rarely has any issues.

CONS

You definitely pay for the quality and features. There are less expensive options but they can't touch the stability of ProPresenter. I feel like the subscription system they have moved to is cost prohibitive to some smaller churches and organizations.

Reason for choosing ProPresenter

We have had great experience with ProPresenter, and we love the feature set. The campus license option is great for us as well.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

ProPresenter is much easier to use than PowerPoint in a church setting. The ability to import songs from CCLI SongSelect is outstanding.

Steve

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Good, but not as good as it could be.

We use ProPresenter 6 weekly to sequence our worship lyrics and other service visuals except for the weekly teaching portions. Our teachers prefer Proclaim due to its integration with Logos bible software. We also use Proclaim to record our teachings - audio with synced visuals - for uploading to our website. For general worship visuals I prefer ProPresenter 6 by far. While our two graphic-op volunteers are fairly new to worship graphics software, I have been creating presentations using computer graphics software professionally since 1983.

PROS

ProPresenter 6 is good at sequencing images, allowing videos to be used as backgrounds, and the database of user created material works well. The weekly task of creating the worship flow for our services is easy and works relatively well. I like that you can click on graphics and text images to make visuals on the fly. We have used ProPresenter with PowerPoint, Keynote and Proclaim software concurrently and switch between them with almost no difficulties.

CONS

In our particular setup - iMac with a Kramer VGA video splitter, in 4:3 - 1024x768 res. - ProPresenter 6 does not correctly initialize the screen buffers causing us to quit and restart the program almost every time we use it. We don't have this problem with PowerPoint, Keynote or Proclaim. Also, for the price, the image (slide) editing functions are clunky - usable, but not good. Apple's Keynote software (free with every Mac) is a great model for easily creating high quality visuals.

Reason for choosing ProPresenter

Works on Mac, familiarity with product, ease of switch from PowerPoint.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

I used ProPresenter at another church in our area for special events and liked the ease of setting up sequences.

Devin

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

ProPresenter review

PROS

I like that we are able to provide two separate presentations for the stage view and the audience view.

CONS

It's a bit hard to find different presentations from the past services.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

ProPresenter is better for videos and animations.

Jeremy

Reviewed September 2019

Perfect for Church environment, and easy to train new users on

As a church, we need to enable the congregation to follow along with the songs we sing and the sermon that is preached. This allows us to display what we need, in a way that is both engaging AND distraction-free. The software is basic enough that my new volunteers can jump right in, but with enough advanced features that I can do more complicated slides. It also has many more features that we can use as we grow and need them without switching platforms.

PROS

Most importantly: it is a stable product that outputs w/o any issue. Next is that it is easy to train new volunteers on the basic operations of the software. Both of these are important to us.

CONS

I haven't yet got the ability to sync files to work smoothly using Google Drive; if I can ever get it to the point where I can trust it, it will allow me to remotely (from home) create and edit files when I have a few minutes to spare.

Reason for choosing ProPresenter

MUCH easier to use and MUCH more powerful. I ran MS for a few years but was able to self-teach myself this and continue to grow in my ability to implement.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

The feature list, support available, and ease of use.

Reviewed February 2021

significant updates in ProPresenter 7

ProPresenter has been a consistent and reliable presentation software, with ProPresenter 7 introducing the ability to livestream from within the program and send NDI signals to the network. We use it every week for our worship gatherings with great success.

PROS

I love how ProPresenter leads the way in presentation software for houses of worship. It integrates with Planning Center and SongSelect, and volunteers can be trained without much difficulty.

CONS

There are a LOT of features for new users to get their heads around. Sometimes integrated programs need multiple logins to maintain connection. It uses a lot of system resources when running.

Reason for choosing ProPresenter

ProPresenter lead the way in innovation, and had NDI signal as an option for output. It also has integration (that many other programs also have) with our other worship software.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

ProPresenter is the industry standard and works cross-platform, unlike MediaShout.

Scott

Reviewed July 2019

Good church presentation software

PROS

Easy to use. Setup was not difficult. Being updated regularly.

CONS

Software was designed first for the Mac. I use the Windows version. It is behind in features because of this. I wish they put more effect into the Windows version.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

More features. Mediashout had a bunch of bugs at the time

Mayur

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Perfect for videos, graphics and lyrics

Overall experience is quite well as compared to other tools like MS PowerPoint.

PROS

The most appealing thing about ProPresenter is that one can use this to roll footage directly to monitors.

CONS

There are few bugs with OSX and sometimes it takes a considerable amount of time to run.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

I switched to ProPresenter because of its user-friendly interface.

Juan

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

A recommended option for large churches

It is an interesting program, I wish there was a “lifetime license” version, so the price would be more justified.

PROS

I like the ease with which you can use a variety of multimedia files, also the library of resources, even the free ones are very good.

CONS

It has a large learning curve, I consider the program to be very expensive, especially considering that you will not have many updates.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

To have the facility to project the worship service with background videos and a more attractive design.

De William

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

A better presentation & production application for live events

My presentations in sessions at school have become better with ProPresenter, would recommend it anytime.

PROS

ProPresenter can work on both Mac and Windows, one feature I admired so much after switching systems at a presentation that almost went bad because one of my systems malfunctioned. Apart from that, its separate outputs are impressive enough to serve many audiences simultaneously.

CONS

Working with ProPresenter will require you to have knowledge of video production, which makes it quite beginner unfriendly. It may not give you the best on smaller systems of windows or macs.

Allison

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

ProPresenter Review

I have had an amazing overall experience with ProPresenter.

PROS

I love everything about ProPresenter. I can always rely on it for smooth church services.

CONS

I don't have any complaints honestly. It's great!

Jay

Reviewed June 2019

Best combination of value and features

Propresenter was a definite upgrade over our previous system EasyWorship. The great majority of the time it is a pleasure to use. It has the occasional quirk where media links break and media has to be reimported (even for media that was not moved from it's original location). Another issue I face frequently is Propresenter forgetting previous stage display settings and having to go back into the preferences and re-enable stage display again.

PROS

Getting your media into Propresenter and starting presentations couldn't be easier. Works great as a way to present lyrics for songs and compile a database of song lyrics. There are also advanced features available for power users that help extend the functionality of the system.

CONS

I don't really like the process of creating cues to advance slides on presentations. There could be an easier way to incorporate videos into presentations that run on their own. Also the integration between Propresenter and the cloud service doesn't work great. I could never get it to sync correctly so I cancelled my subscription and went about what I wanted to do a different way. Also documentation on advanced features could be better. Most of the time when I want to do something involving one of the advanced modules or something involving synchronization between my lighting system it involves digging through the internet for a user who figured it out and was nice enough to share their process.

Reason for choosing ProPresenter

Had friends at other churches that were having success with it.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

At the time (2011) EasyWorship was very limited and the interface was terrible.

Leif

Love what ProP can do

We are a church with multiple services in multiple locations. With the sync (ProCloud) option we are able to keep things up to date everywhere which is very beneficial. Plus we do a God In The Movies series and being able to adjust clips on the fly from within the program is making life a lot easier.

PROS

The ability to use content between multiple locations and various sizes of screen is huge for us. Very robust product that we probably only use about 1/10th of. Stable build - with only rare crashes (maybe 2 in 4 years) it is one of the most stable presentation software products I've ever used with this range of abilities.

CONS

Lack of immediate phone support on Sundays - when things go sideways you are basically on your own other than email responses. Doesn't help much when we are dealing with immediate issues. Can be overwhelming for new staff/volunteers to utilize because it is so robust.

Reason for choosing ProPresenter

In depth video training possibilities via YouTube. Cost. Long term familiarity across a range of churches and denominations. Customer service too :-)

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

Timely syncing challenges. Multiple screen size adaptability. Multi layer slide builds for higher quality presentations.

Sean

Reviewed October 2019

Robust Presentation Software that You'll Want

I and our team use ProPresenter for multiple services throughout the week as well as special events. My experience has been that ProPresenter is an exceptional and versatile software for handling any presentation needs. I use ProPresenter on a regular basis and have consistently had great experiences using it and being pleased with its capabilities.

PROS

ProPresenter is a robust and multi-function capable presentation software that has tons of great features that can make anyone's presentation a professional experience. From its ability to handle picture, video, and even web-based material putting together a worship service, a corporate presentation, or a ceremony is easily handled with ProPresenter.

CONS

There is a learning curve on building folders and presentation files as well as importing/linking files that you will use. There are helpful support pages that can assist with the learning process. Additionally, you have to be aware that ProPresenter literally takes over your computer's video and audio when it is running so that other processes don't interrupt your presentation.

Reason for choosing ProPresenter

For its better features and compatibility with our existing computer and projection equipment.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

The capabilities and features of ProPresenter made it the clear choice for our needs as a church. ProPresenter handles pretty much everything we need from our presentation software and is easier to use for building presentations that PowerPoint is.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2020

ProPresenter for Church A/C

We have had a great experience and love the way we can craft both our worship song slides as well as the sermon slides and anything else we want to do. It effortlessly handles any embedded video or audio and is just a workhorse program for all our your visual applications and needs.

PROS

We made the switch to ProPresenter to have more options in our creativity, livestreaming, and general overall graphic and visual content. The options it presents the user with are limitless and great for expanding your creativity many different ways.

CONS

It would be good if there were more 'on the fly" controls to instantly duplicate slides and do more things with special characters/text.

Reason for choosing ProPresenter

We looked at the previously reviews for the product and also had other churches who highly recommended it to us over all the other available products on the market. We also chose it due to it noted reliability and multiple options for that type of software.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

We wanted to upgrade and expand our capability for our visual presentations both in house and in our live streaming to Facebook Live. We also wanted a better program to work with Switcher for our livestream.

Joel

Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Great Presentation Software for Churches

We are using this for 3 church services a week as our presentation software. I would recommend it to anyone. It delivers our lyrics, graphics, and Scriptures in a professional way at a great value.

PROS

Pro Presenter is easy to use. I can teach a volunteer to use the basic features within a few minutes of sitting down at the computer. The integration with CCLI to import songs is a feature that is a huge time saver. Formatting is a breeze with the toolbar. Editing spelling errors on the fly is quick and easy. Overall it is a great value for the purchase price. My team loves it, and we will continue to us it for many years to come. It is simple to make professional presentations quickly.

CONS

The only area I would like to see improved is the mobile app. It is very nice to have, but is a little slow to load things on the fly.

Reason for choosing ProPresenter

After demoing both products, the choice was clear. Pro Presenter was much easier and intuitive to use.

Reasons for switching to ProPresenter

We partly made the switch because we were looking for a presentation software for our new Mac computer. Song Show was clunky and slow. It was not volunteer friendly. Don't regret switching one bit, 4 years in and still happy with my choice.

Mitchell

Reviewed March 2023

Must have presentation software!

Overall - we love ProPresenter and use it every single Sunday and for midweek presentations. Our youth service also uses the program for their worship. Our whole campus loves it and is encouraged and engages in worship because of the backgrounds and easy lyrical displays that allow congre