(1,206)

1,206

• Pros

• "I love how easy this product is to use for our volunteers but still remains a pretty powerful product. "

• "This product is flexible. Layers are amazing as long as you know how to use them properly. It plays pretty much any file you throw at it. Trial version is excellent. "

• "The video quality was great. The video section was helpful. Slide use was ok. "

• Cons

• "Though the user interface is clean and simple; when it comes to data input, there are a few common tasks that take frequent mouse movements and clicks which should be made into keystroke shortcuts."

• "It’s a little pricey but good It could have been a little more organized as well. Some things were still unclear to mean"

• "It does take some time to learn how to use the software, but there are video tutorials that help out."

Browse ProPresenter Reviews

Tim from United Methodist Church

Industry: Music

Powerful resource for multimedia worship

We were able to expedite the service preparation process incredibly with the media integration available through ProPresenter.

Pros

I love the integration of various media types and source material platforms. The SongSelect integration is by far the most useful feature for a church that relies on SongSelect for lyrics etc. Also, the multi-user features coupled with cloud sync make team collaboration so much more efficient.

Cons

The biggest issue we had was with releases/support for PC lagging so far behind Mac. Not investing in Mac hardware puts the church at a disadvantage with this software. I don't expect that to change, and it may not need to for the company to be successful, but it makes you ask if it's really better to support PC use if the support is inferior. Additionally, having cloud sync as an 'extra' rather than built into the payment model seems a bit backwards - but for a software that is bought for a larger one-time fee rather than monthly/annual subscription, it makes sense as bandwidth is not free for anyone.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

We had a volunteer with previous ProPresenter experience who vouched for its ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

Our previous software had a 'clunky' interface and simple repetitive tasks took to long to perform.

Patrick from Cornerstone Fellowship

ProPresenter is the most versatile presentation software on the market

I cannot recommend ProPresenter enough to anybody who needs to present content. Over my years of working with the software, any bugs I've encountered have been patched out in future updates so I have no hesitation to recommend everyone use ProPresenter.

Pros

I have yet to throw a task at ProPresenter that it couldn't handle. From its ease of use when editing slides, to the ability to work seamlessly with any number of video outputs, ProPresenter is simply the best presentation software you can find. I especially appreciate the "arrangments" feature which greatly increases productivity.

Cons

My only real complaint about ProPresenter is the fact they removed support for social media integrations. In the previous version, you could include realtime images and text from Twitter and Facebook but they have since removed the feature.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

Didn't have the functionality I was looking for.

David from Grace Community Church

significant updates in ProPresenter 7

ProPresenter has been a consistent and reliable presentation software, with ProPresenter 7 introducing the ability to livestream from within the program and send NDI signals to the network. We use it every week for our worship gatherings with great success.

Pros

I love how ProPresenter leads the way in presentation software for houses of worship. It integrates with Planning Center and SongSelect, and volunteers can be trained without much difficulty.

Cons

There are a LOT of features for new users to get their heads around. Sometimes integrated programs need multiple logins to maintain connection. It uses a lot of system resources when running.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

ProPresenter lead the way in innovation, and had NDI signal as an option for output. It also has integration (that many other programs also have) with our other worship software.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

ProPresenter is the industry standard and works cross-platform, unlike MediaShout.

Ryan from Trinity Lutheran Church

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Great Software With Many Glitches for PC Version

Our Church has been using ProPresenter since 2014 and overall it's been the best solution that meets most of our needs. However, it's not perfect and has given us quite a few headaches over the years. Hopefully in the future ProPresenter will be given it's own PC development department that will focus on Industry Standards that are common in the PC environment instead of trying to Port over from Mac.

Pros

ProPresenter is pretty great overall. It has so many abilities to allow our church to create custom presentations on the fly as will as prepare in advance. Love how easy it is to import songs, backgrounds, and bible references.

Cons

The PC version feels like a cheap port from the Mac version. It has many glitches when trying to export playlists. It also doesn't allow me to duplicate playlists easily. If I wanted to create a duplicate playlist to use as a template for another service, I have to export it then re-import it instead of just copy and paste like most standard PC software allows. When I do export a playlist, sometimes it never exports and if it does then items are missing or removed from the both the exported playlist and the original playlist.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

Mainly the Stage Display feature that the others did not have at the time of purchase

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

ProPresenter gave us the ability to use stage display for our band which was the main reason for the switch at the time.

Silas from New London Christian Church

Has been a solid product with plenty of updates over the last 10+ years

We have used this software for the last 10+ years, and we have found it to be worth every penny.

Pros

The myriad of features. From the ability to send lower thirds with ease to the live stream, to all of the different capabilities for backgrounds, this software gives us some additional visual tools to help people focus their worship on God.

Cons

I have yet to find anything that I don't like. The only thing that I could possibly be able to say here was the build-in feature that is, apparently, non-funtional. This can be worked around, so it's not a huge deal, but it would be nice if it worked.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

As we've gone along, we've had the opportunity to switch to other programs, but have not done so because this is the industry standard, and any other move would be a move down.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

Propresenter was a much more capable program and, at the time (2000's) must more stable on Mac.

Mark from Creekside Community Church

ProPresenter for Church A/C

We have had a great experience and love the way we can craft both our worship song slides as well as the sermon slides and anything else we want to do. It effortlessly handles any embedded video or audio and is just a workhorse program for all our your visual applications and needs.

Pros

We made the switch to ProPresenter to have more options in our creativity, livestreaming, and general overall graphic and visual content. The options it presents the user with are limitless and great for expanding your creativity many different ways.

Cons

It would be good if there were more 'on the fly" controls to instantly duplicate slides and do more things with special characters/text.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

We looked at the previously reviews for the product and also had other churches who highly recommended it to us over all the other available products on the market. We also chose it due to it noted reliability and multiple options for that type of software.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

We wanted to upgrade and expand our capability for our visual presentations both in house and in our live streaming to Facebook Live. We also wanted a better program to work with Switcher for our livestream.

The most powerful lyric display solution for church

We're using ProPresenter for song lyric display in church, we regularly also use the stage display function to show the people on stage what their lyrics and next slide lyrics are.

Pros

We've been using ProPresenter since version 5 and have only begun to scratch at the multiple levels of complexity and functions available. Each new version has brought even more capabilities which can be very useful. For example version 7 has NDI which was useful in connecting over to OBS for live broadcast. What we like the most about ProPresenter is that its very usable for the average person who is in charge of displaying lyrics, but when we really want to do something special there are plenty of features and power to help us achieve our goals. For example we would use the stage displays and iPad remote lyric displays even more in certain situations, the MIDI module has helped us synchronize complicated lighting effects with the projection. We've found ProPresenter to be indispensable to our church.

Cons

We don't have a lot of complaints about ProPresenter. I guess the main thing is the cost, especially now that the payment model has moved to subscription, we really have to factor in the cost of using PrePresenter.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

At the time Zionworx just didn't have the features that we needed to go forward.

Tim from Life Stream Church

Great for small to Mid level churches

It has done most things good. It does have a pretty good learning curve if you are getting into more advance setups. It you are just looking to put bible verses and words on the screen then that is very simple.

Pros

You can layer words over a set background. It also allows you to project different slides to different projectors. It has a stage slide that will let the people on stage know what the congregation is seeing and what is next along with a timer. You can change what on the stage display too.

Cons

Many of the features are hidden in the program. 2-3 clicks in. It a little clucky when you get into a large setup using multiple feeds and more than 2 separate screen. For a large church using a lot of video and camera work this is probably not the best.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

Needed a program that could do more advance stuff. However we are out growing pro-presenter too

Karl from Wings of Faith Fellowship

Full featured and approachable

I love that it has three separate outputs and for the most part just works!

Pros

Has a ton of features that commonly used competitors don’t have, and is approachable for the occasional user.

Cons

It has a few bugs that have not been resolved for a while. There are workarounds, but they can slow workflow.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

It fit our needs the best of the alternatives.

Such a great software for presenting!

I don’t know what I would do without ProPresenter! It’s such a useful and crucial tool to keep things moving smoothly each Sunday.

Pros

I love the ease ProPresenter gives to me as the Administrator and also the users on my team who over see the weekly use during church services. It’s easy to set up presentations and slides as well as drag and drop images and customize slides.

Cons

Really don’t have anything negative to say, perhaps it could use more options for fonts preloaded, but I appreciate that you have options for customization!

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

We switched because PowerPoint just didn’t have as nice of a transition and also had limitations for creativity.

Travis from River Edge Fellowship

THE BEST Presentation Software on the market!!

Currently we use Pro Presenter as a House of Worship solution, and as a traveling presentation software; it flawlessly integrates with our mac mini and and 5 monitor system. The thing i love most about ProPresenter is that it is simple enough for a kid to use, and at the same time has complex feature for Pro users to indulge in like; iPad controls, Hi Definition video and audio options, social media integration and up-gradable external modules.

Pros

The ease of use. ProPresenter generally just works. It is so hassle free and is so simple that i was able to teach it to seniors and children! When i allow end users to run our system i feel confident that they will be able to create, and run a flawless presentation!

Cons

The only small gripe i have is that ProPresenter Pro License doesn't come with alot of free or embeded stock videos or images. The base price point is fair, i just wish there were more stock photos, video and sounds for the Pro license.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

We chose ProPresenter because it is simple to use, has Hi quality, Rarely has issues (i can trust that it will run and not fail during a services or meetings), If it does have small issues the customer service team is extremely helpful and detailed oriented.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

There were a lot of reasons that i recommended against our organization purchasing EasyWorship. The biggest reason i did not have our organization purchase EasyWorship is because its workflow is counteractive and not fluid; for example i remember trying to utilize my iTunes library and getting frustrated with how difficult it was to integrate. In comparison Pro-Presenter has a simple iTunes integration protocol and allows for users to run entire playlist from the main window!

Sean from FountainGate Fellowship

Robust Presentation Software that You'll Want

I and our team use ProPresenter for multiple services throughout the week as well as special events. My experience has been that ProPresenter is an exceptional and versatile software for handling any presentation needs. I use ProPresenter on a regular basis and have consistently had great experiences using it and being pleased with its capabilities.

Pros

ProPresenter is a robust and multi-function capable presentation software that has tons of great features that can make anyone's presentation a professional experience. From its ability to handle picture, video, and even web-based material putting together a worship service, a corporate presentation, or a ceremony is easily handled with ProPresenter.

Cons

There is a learning curve on building folders and presentation files as well as importing/linking files that you will use. There are helpful support pages that can assist with the learning process. Additionally, you have to be aware that ProPresenter literally takes over your computer's video and audio when it is running so that other processes don't interrupt your presentation.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

For its better features and compatibility with our existing computer and projection equipment.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

The capabilities and features of ProPresenter made it the clear choice for our needs as a church. ProPresenter handles pretty much everything we need from our presentation software and is easier to use for building presentations that PowerPoint is.

Jeremy from Church ONEigthy

Perfect for Church environment, and easy to train new users on

As a church, we need to enable the congregation to follow along with the songs we sing and the sermon that is preached. This allows us to display what we need, in a way that is both engaging AND distraction-free. The software is basic enough that my new volunteers can jump right in, but with enough advanced features that I can do more complicated slides. It also has many more features that we can use as we grow and need them without switching platforms.

Pros

Most importantly: it is a stable product that outputs w/o any issue. Next is that it is easy to train new volunteers on the basic operations of the software. Both of these are important to us.

Cons

I haven't yet got the ability to sync files to work smoothly using Google Drive; if I can ever get it to the point where I can trust it, it will allow me to remotely (from home) create and edit files when I have a few minutes to spare.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

MUCH easier to use and MUCH more powerful. I ran MS for a few years but was able to self-teach myself this and continue to grow in my ability to implement.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

The feature list, support available, and ease of use.

Justin from Justin Nava

Present With Excellence

ProPresenter has helped 2 churches I've been a part of. In the first church, ProPresenter helped us expand our media capabilities so we no longer had to rely on CD decks or external video players. Everything was in one place and quickly accessible. The other church upgraded to full HD-capable hardware, and ProPresenter allowed us to take full advantage of our setup.

Pros

ProPresenter gives the church just about everything it needs to put on an excellent presentation on Sunday mornings, with lyrics, slides, announcements, countdowns...anything you need for service is at your fingertips. - First, this is a rare gem to have a one-time payment software. It's an investment, but you don't have to commit to monthly or yearly payments, which is very nice. - Lyric slides are robust giving you all the options you need to manipulate font and images. - For sermons, you can build really nice slides in propresenter, or bring in your powerpoint slides to use as well. - We really enjoy the lyric import tool syncing with songselect. So any new song that comes in we don't have to type up. Just import it and set it up as you want it to look on the slides. - There are numerous options to enhance your presentation experience such as Bibles you can load on there and plugging in your Twitter feed. - Also, media is very easy to handle. Import images and videos and pull them up easily with their "bin" system. - Last thing I want to hit on is the playlist system is very easy to use. Build your "Sunday morning playlist" by dragging and dropping in lyrics, slides, and other media.

Cons

The only con about ProPresenter is how daunting the software can be. You are provided with tutorial videos and documentation, but with all the customizability inside, it can be easy to get lost, so you really have to watch the videos several times and go along with the software to get a feel for where everything is. The other con is only if it's on Windows machines, I've seen it crash or freeze more often on Windows than Macs.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

To have more media playing options

Jason from Butler Community Alliance Church

Great production package

Pros

If you have ever used powerpoint, you can use this software. It's as simple or as complex as you want it to be. Great for volunteers to walk in, and be able to simply hit a few buttons to follow along with scripts with minimal training We use ProP for weekly services and use it for both worship songs, videos and sermon notes. Great flexibility all around!

Cons

While MANY features are implemented quickly from the suggestion forums, some just never get a response or are "ignored"

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

Support forums and responses were MUCH more active Licensing for the entire range of computers both MAC and PC in our environment was much easier and cheaper to setup

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

Our prior software was too complex to let our volunteers setup/work on. The ease of use for different song and presentation setup took our prep time from 5 hours + per week to 2-3 hours or less depending on complexity of the show

Rick from Lebanon Presbyterian Church

Can't imagine NOT having ProPresenter

I had been working with Media Shout from it's beginning. Years ago, I gave ProPresenter a try and quickly made the transition to ProPresenter. At the time, there was more of a centralized, get everything you need in the same place, feel that met our needs. And being honest, using the software was not always easy. Early on, it was very clunky and awkward in certain areas and there were moments of great frustration (no different from other presentation software, though). However, the benefit always outweighed the challenges and with every update, it seemed to get closer to what we needed it to be. Now, I consider it a mainstay in our ministry and seriously can't think of working without it!

Pros

I truly like the completeness of the software and ease of use. Through the years, it has become a crucial part of my work in that it is very easy to create a "show" from my office and have it ready for the crew in the booth to use each week. I greatly appreciate the fact that I can easily equip volunteers to interact with ProPresenter at a very basic level to advanced levels in a short amount of time. I also appreciate the fact that it just works, all the time, I don't have to worry about it causing issues for our volunteers.

Cons

Actually, the things I like least about ProPresenter have been addressed over time via updates. Since the issues are no longer issues, there's no need to bring them up. Suffice it to say, ProPresenter has evolved into an extremely robust program that is very accessible to everyone from the beginner to the professional.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

I was happy with Media Shout and had been using it for quite a while. As with most presentation software though, it had its drawbacks and when I heard about ProPresenter, I wanted to see of it would better meet our needs. The integrated resources for content, and the user interface were big factors in making the switch.

Jason from Fellowship Bible Church

Industry: Music

PC vrs. Mac

Overall, the program works. However, as I have found with my volunteers, I cannot trust them to do much within the program beyond the basics. I think they are capable, but the interface is not intuitive enough to trust them with it on their own.

Pros

I like that it is relatively dependable. I like that most of my volunteers can just click the next slide to actually run the program. I also like that it talks to other programs well enough, though I don't like having to pay for extra features like midi integration etc. I believe we paid enough for the program up front.

Cons

I have used mac pretty much my whole life. There are things that I love about it, and things that I just live with, as is the case with any operating system. However, the general consensus in the millennial worship community is that mac is the end-all for churches. And rightly so. With programs like Logic, Mainstage, Garageband, Imovie, Final Cut, etc. all under the $500 price range, it is easy to see why churches will dish out the cash for a mac when they begin shopping for high-end tech rather than sticking with free programs that can't perform as well or as reliably. The problem with Pro Presenter is that it was clearly not designed for someone who spends most of their time in "Apple World." The question is not, does PP run flawlessly on a mac, but does it feel like it should run on a mac. My answer is no. PP just feels like a program that was designed by programers, which is strange when you consider that it's primary function is to help in the realm of aesthetics. The volunteer nerds that I have running the software each week, which, I believe should represent about 80% of your clientele, do not have the ability to be trained effectively in PP because they are not working in the program enough. I can confidently say that the majority of the people actually running your program are not paid to do so, and have had little to no involvement in the design of the presentations that they control. I will continue my thoughts in the next section as I am out of space.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

it is the industry standard

Brian from St. Luke's Lutheran Church & School

Happy Customer

Over all our experience has been good. Support has been great.

Pros

Simple to use. Communication actions. I use MIDI to unmute my soundboard channels for video clips. I also use different stage displays for different sections of the worship service. Hope to trigger some lights in the near future. Site licence option

Cons

It seems to have some bugs. When editing a playlist it always jumps to the bottom. Or converting to lower thirds with a graphic the software will crash. Occasionally Master control on the slave computer will freeze the primary. Ipad issues with seeing the preview. Probably the biggest complaint from Pastors is they can't see the next slide on stage display when going from the end of one item to the next. Example the end of a song in stage display show next blank slide. They would like to see the next item coming. Sync shows that it is syncing regardless of it it is connected to the network drive or now. Sync seems to be a little buggy. We started to export only. Delete everything from the media bin and playlist and then import fresh on the other computers.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

Churches we talked to & most visiting groups we had were all using propresenter so we felt like that would be the industry standard. I feel it was a great switch. Also the site licence seemed like a affordable option.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

Function. Seemed like more churches we talked to were using Propresenter. Found we could integrate with models such as master control, MIDI / Communication control . Direct import bibles, link Song Select, layers.

Samuel from City Life Church - Chilliwack, BC

A solid platform for ten years

A great product that does what it does very well. Version six is feeling like it’s been out for a while though! Not that I’m hankering for any major revisions except to the handling of audio files.

Pros

ProPresenter a very robust product that is particularly suited to the church environment although I have used it for other types of events as well. It has maintained its focus on the most essential tasks for media presentation a provided a good balance between complexity/flexibility and ease of use - especially when many operators are volunteers using the product infrequently. As an advanced user I like that I can integrate the software with other major components such as lighting and video systems in a way that actually enhances the simplicity of operation - and eliminating points of failure. While there are a few things I would like to see added or improved I appreciate the fact that the interface remains very consistent - again making it simple and reliable. The price is right. We have a site licence and even though we are not a massive church it has proven invaluable in any space where presentations are being made.

Cons

1. I would like to see support for third party video devices from more companies such as AJA. 2. Some of the slide building features are too basic. No gradients, no ability to lock the position of text boxes while still being able to edit them. Templates limited to formatting only one text box. 3. I find the separate audio window to be clunky. I would like to see control and playback view of audio files available without having to expand the audio window. 4. There is no good way to view slides formatted for large screens which have small text. We need a third option for display of slides - not just text or side layout. 5. Some of the modules such as SDI or alpha seem relatively expensive compared to the price of the software. 6. Would love to see some way to integrate control over other software such as iTunes or Spotify. Probably being able to trigger AppleScript cues. 7. Would like to see more information about cues added to slides rather than just a generic icons. Especially for MIDI cues or stage display layout choice. 8. Would like to be able to have a cue palette that is not tied to slides - customizable additions to the clear functions etc for external triggers especially.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

Wanted a more reliable product.

Galen from West Park Church

Perfect for our scenario

Pro Presenter has made our church services run so much smoother and allowed us to do things that would have cost exponentially more to do any other way. We adopted it long before I came 6 years ago and it is so vital to our workflow that I can't imagine working without it. I started learning simple things then dove in deeper as I got more comfortable. The video tutorials on their website are excellent and made it so easy to learn. Bang for your buck, you'll never find a better product

Pros

Pro Presenter is far and away the best multi-media presenter that I've ever used, and I've used a lot both hardware and software. Once you understand the logic behind it, it's very easy to setup and use. We've added several modules to it to customize it even more to our needs. It plays almost any media file, picture, audio or video and seamlessly integrates them. We use a lot of automation and it works spectacularly for us.

Cons

You have to get really nit picky to find real flaws with the software. There are a few features I'd love to see added and few foibly things to work around, but once you understand them, it works incredibly well.

Janet from Big Blast Ministries

Pros and cons

Our children grew up and so weren't traveling with our ministry anymore, but we still needed someone to run the laptop with all the different kinds of media we use - so ProPresenter with ProRemote was the choice we made.

Pros

The software is fairly easy to use and setup. We don't use all the extra modules that you can also purchase, and there are a lot of them. I love all the different areas to put items and arrange them the way I want to see them. I like the easy way to create new slides and videos right in the software. The telestrator add on was definitely worth it for us. A great little item that allows you to write on the slide or video that you are showing. Works really well and very easy to use!! Being able to purchase media from within the software is so nice and easy - goes into one place automatically and can be renamed and moved easily too.

Cons

There are several things I wish would improve. First of all, I wish the ProRemote app would be updated. This is the reason we purchased the software and it has disappointed us repeatedly!! For a long time, the Playlist would not show on remote at all (now it does but takes a long time to load even when I use a dedicated router to connect). Also, ProRemote will disconnect every 30 minutes or so, whether you just used it or not! Very frustrating. And there is no volume control with remote. When I load new videos or audio into the software, the volume of the audio is always changed - either louder or softer (which makes it even harder to use ProRemote)! ProPresenter is a huge program and takes a LONG time to load, even though we purchased a laptop with a little better than the recommended requirements (above the minimum). Once it finally loads, it usually works okay. Never click on something in the program and then change your mind, the software will just stop responding.

Andy from New Song Church

Platform concerns

Pros

Now that I'm running it on an iMac, it is working very well. However, because I'm running it on an iMac, I did have to spend much more in additional components to allow it to properly function. I do like that the application is now very stable and seems to be able to operate well.

Cons

Although the web site offered support for Windows, it does not run as a 64-bit application. It is a 32 bit application, not fully capable of accessing more available memory and processing capabilities that a 64-bit platform can offer. This should be noted on the website. In addition, whether it was running on Windows or iMac (which I now use), the ability to natively run Microsoft PowerPoint presentations is non-existent. I always had to install MS PowerPoint or Keynote and have ProPresenter launch the third party application. Other presentation software allowed us to play PowerPoint presentations natively from within the screen control software. The video database categories functions could use some refinement. For example, I'd like the ability to see all available background or foreground videos and then filter out categories I don't want to see rather than the category filters only showing me that category.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

Recommendations by the leadership approving purchases.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

I was highly recommended to do so by others. "It's the best, all of the others in our industry are using it". I actually didn't want to on Windows. The previous software was adept with similar functionality, and was much more stable on Windows than ProPresenter is.

Leif from Capital Church

Love what ProP can do

We are a church with multiple services in multiple locations. With the sync (ProCloud) option we are able to keep things up to date everywhere which is very beneficial. Plus we do a God In The Movies series and being able to adjust clips on the fly from within the program is making life a lot easier.

Pros

The ability to use content between multiple locations and various sizes of screen is huge for us. Very robust product that we probably only use about 1/10th of. Stable build - with only rare crashes (maybe 2 in 4 years) it is one of the most stable presentation software products I've ever used with this range of abilities.

Cons

Lack of immediate phone support on Sundays - when things go sideways you are basically on your own other than email responses. Doesn't help much when we are dealing with immediate issues. Can be overwhelming for new staff/volunteers to utilize because it is so robust.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

In depth video training possibilities via YouTube. Cost. Long term familiarity across a range of churches and denominations. Customer service too :-)

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

Timely syncing challenges. Multiple screen size adaptability. Multi layer slide builds for higher quality presentations.

Joshua from Sons of God Ministries International

Great Software for Churches - Easy to train volunteers on

Overall our experience with ProPresenter has been positive. It has saved me a lot of time since I don't need to create a slideshow presentation for every single service we have. Now when there's a new song it just gets added to the catalog. We are using ProPresenter for all of our services (Sunday morning, Sunday evening, Wednesday evening). As well as any events. Overall I say the purchase was worth it. During Sunday morning we livestream using OBS, and we are very easily able to display the ProPresenter presentations on the livestream using OBS's screen capture.

Pros

We use ProPresenter during our church services and events to display Bible verses, song lyrics, informational slides, etc. Overall it's very easy to setup and use. The software is usually operated by volunteers So the ease of use is very important since it makes training volunteers a very simple process. People can usually pick up the basics within a couple minutes. It also has built in support for Bible verses which is a great addition.

Cons

SEARCH FUNCTION: The search function is very slow. We have only 372 documents in our library, but the latency is very noticeable when you try to search for something. I imagine it will only get worse as our catalog grows. Also I like that the search function brings up results based on title and the content of the documents. However in my opinion queries should add priority to exact title matches. A simple example of this: If I search the for a song titled "You are Good" it will bring up every single song with the phrase "You are Good". However the song that I want, which exactly matches the query will be all the way at the bottom of the results because it begins with a Y. This should not be the case. So concerning the search I basically request faster search results and smarter sorting of the results as well. (The faster search results would be nice for the bible verses as well) OTHER STUFF: I can't list all of these off of the top of my head, but here are some annoying quirks I've experienced when using ProPresenter. - ProPresenter doesn't remember display settings for the slide thumbnails. Every time I open it I have to zoom in on the slide thumbnails so the volunteers can read it. The same goes for bible verse results - The "checking for updates dialogue" doesn't go away automatically if there is no update. It just keeps going and going until I manually close it. - Random crashes (on a fairly powerful Windows PC). Although it seems like it's been better recently.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

So I was already leaning towards ProPresenter since it's the one that I had heard the most about, but I looked at a couple other options just to make an educated choice. When I comparing it to EasyWorship it seemed like ProPresenter had more features, including multi-screen support, which we aren't using now, but plan to use in the future when we expand. With MediaShout it seemed pretty even, but I had heard more about ProPresenter so I went with that one.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

We needed something that allowed us to create a library of songs and then pull them up when needed. With Powerpoint we basically had to make a new slideshow presentation for every single service. Powerpoint also isn't suited for presentations where the speaker might references difference Scripture verses (unless all of the references are provided ahead of time). ProPresenter's Bible feature allows us to quickly pull up a Scripture verse as it's being referenced and then display it on the screen.

Kent from The Chapel EFC

ProPresenter - Meets Our Needs

We really like the flexibility that Propresenter offers in a live presentation. It has proven to be the easiest software to use in a live situation, especially when the presenter needs flexibility from the tech team in his/her presentation. Although it's not perfect, ProPresenter is simply the best presentation software that is available for us to meet our current needs.

Pros

There are many things I like about ProPresenter especially in our house of worship setting. I like how it makes presenting various multimedia formats nearly seamless, once imported. It's flexible, powerful, and relatively easy to use, once the presentation is built. I really like the multiple display options, especially the ability to change the stage display from default to mirrored with a simple cue within the presentation.

Cons

As easy as it is to use ProPresenter, setting it up can be a difficult process at times. We've not gotten ProPresenter to do certain animations like other presentation software will do. Unfortunately, importing other presentation software into ProPresenter can be a minefield of wasted time if your presentation isn't in exactly the right format with everything sized correctly, text boxes correctly placed, and graphics and text all in a single layer. It has also been our experience that ProPresenter runs much more smoothly on a Mac computer than on a PC with similar hardware configurations.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

Powerpoint was a nightmare in handling video (although it is better now) and Media Shout was not user friendly in neither the creation nor the use of the software.

Glenn from Fremont Alliance Church

ProPresenter for Worship

Overall, we love ProPresenter. Again, ease of use is a tremendous benefit. Plus, the quality is outstanding.

Pros

What I like most about ProPresenter is its ease of use. Managing song and presentation libraries, and use of backgrounds and videos is simple and extremely user friendly. There are a lot more bells and whistles that we don't even make use of. We haven't touched the tip of the iceberg regarding its full capabilities.

Cons

We have had some difficulties from time to time with importing Powerpoint presentations...particularly when there are animations or embedded videos. For instance, we often have guest speakers who bring their presentations (usually at the last second) with embedded videos. If we don't add them in separately, they tend to freeze up and we have to restart the program. Also, we have had issues with streaming, and we definitely steer away from DVDs.

Brian from Faith Alive Church

ProPresenter is the go-to for church presentations.

It has taken our graphics presentation ability to a whole new level over previously used software. (MS PowerPoint, and Sunday Plus)

Pros

It allows you to store and organize multiple media types, and playlist for ease of functionality during events. It also syncs with our Planning Center Online account, which allows us the ability to import our plans, which saves a ton of time and effort. It's also very easy to learn the basics. We've had to have people run it in emergency situations before that had never run it before, and in just a few minutes, we were able to show them the basics.

Cons

The DVD function stopped scaling the video properly when our Mac Pro was updated to Mojave, so now we are not able to use it during services or any event that requires more that just the DVD player. (If all you're doing is using the DVD feature, you can change the resolution and use it, but it makes all your backgrounds unusable until you change it back). One other strange thing is that when we type in the document search bar the name of a song, for example, more times than not, documents that may have those key words in them, but not in their titles show up before the actual song with the title of the words you are typing in. It typically makes us fill in most, if not all of a song name before the song itself shows up in the search results.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

I can't really remember, but I think it had more features.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

To improve our in house presentations.

Ryan from Covenant Church Of Naples

An industry standard

Overall I'm a happy user, there are definitely some things that could be improved, and I'm looking forward to seeing which issues are solved in the next release of the software.

Pros

The ability to connect to Planning Center Online. The ability to control ProPresenter via connected gear or have ProPresenter control connected gear. The ability to customize presentations. Groups, Lables, Categories, Hot Keys, and Hot Folders.

Cons

The inability to resize the preference window when working with labels and groups is annoying. Also, I'd like to be able to create a label menu with sub items, like Verse Menu = Verse 1, Verse 2, Verse 3, etc... We are currently working on writing some custom code to allow item selection in ProPresenter to automate tracking of PCO LIVE. This seems like something Renewed Vision could easily add with PCO's API. The inability to resize the PCO LIVE pop-out to any size I want. The inability to delete or rename a library category without first changing every library item in that category to some other category, or batch change the category of multiple items. When using remote desktop and Master Control Module, it creates an output issue where both computers need to be restarted in order for the main machine to output the main out.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

I've stuck with it because each release since version 3 has had some major improvements that I wanted. I'm also very familiar with the workflow and so are my volunteers at this point. I'd only consider changing if Renewed Vision stopped innovating and fixing bugs.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

I went to a Hillsong Concert and heard that Hillsong was using ProPresenter, I figured if it was good enough for them, then it was plenty good for me. The only thing I found more user friendly in Easy Worship was their Scripture stuff, it was way more flexible in putting up any scripture quickly. At that time, I was in a church where almost everything was on the fly. In the church I work at now, that is not nearly as necessary.

Dale from Audubon Park United Methodist Church

Great Presentation Software for Churches and Presenters

It's been generally very positive, particularly on the Mac.

Pros

I love having a library of many, many songs and the ability to easily and quickly create a playlist. I can use templates to change the formatting of multiple songs at once. I can create different instances of a song so we can use the same song in multiple services but with different verses or arrangements. I love the ability to control the software with my iPhone and use an iPad for a stage display, all connected wirelessly, as well as the option of a screen in the back of our sanctuary that can either mirror the main display or show different options (next slide, clock, timer, etc.) This is a very capable program with features that can be added, including the ability to easily select verses to display from different scripture translations, etc.

Cons

I use the app on both a Mac (to create slides and for personal presentations in other settings) and a PC (in the sanctuary for worship), and the 2016 HP PC suffers in its performance in two ways. First, it takes a bit longer to click on a song and drag it to a playlist on the PC than on the Mac, so setting up a playlist takes longer. Second, even though we purchased a pretty capable graphics card for the PC, it simply is not capable of playing 1080 HD; it works much more smoothly with 720HD, so we have to downsize purchased backgrounds, videos, and the like. My 2015 MacBook Pro has no such limitations. One other thing, importing from PowerPoint is by no means as seamless as suggested. There's a lot of rejiggering and reformatting required... But it is possible and it saves time over re-creating a presentation.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

Having a library and using playlists is much faster than creating a presentation in PowerPoint or Keynote by cutting and pasting.... The church had used Media Shout before and found it extremely buggy; it crashed often, even in worship.

Tammy from Boquete Bible Fellowship

ProPresenter Makes My Life a Breeze!

I am responsible for all the slides at a Sunday Worship Service, and this was tedious and time consuming with PowerPoint. ProPresenter streamlines what I do to the point that it's very easy now. I especially leverage it's interface with Planning Center Online. I particularly like the simple background video looping over multiple slides functionality, the slide looping functionality, and the smooth transitions when audio is started or stopped. It's greatly superior to PowerPoint.

Pros

ProPresenter has been designed to be super easy to use for a slide flipper, yet is robustly powerful for the most demanding of complicated productions and is super scalable effortlessly. I also LOVE its easy to setup/use interfaces with other software - especially Planning Center Online and PowerPoint. I've been using this 2 years and keep finding ways to streamline what I do even further! As Worship Minister at a bilingual church, I can pull together a Sunday Service playlist in under 5 minutes if there are no new songs. I give ProPresenter the very highest recommendation possible!

Cons

There is so much functionality available that a new user can feel overwhelmed. However by zeroing in on the task at hand and ignoring the fancy stuff at first, it's very simple to use and learn. Also to help keep you from being overwhelmed they have great video tutorials to get you on board and running smoothly.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

For the price, the GREAT customer service, and superior functionality available.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

PowerPoint was tedious, couldn't do video background loops over multiple slides well, and also was difficult to create slide loops (like for announcements). ProPresenter does all of this very simply and easily.

Jason from Northeast Christian Church

Still the best...

We use ProPresenter to display words to worship songs, video playback, slides for sermons... basically all the content that goes on our screen that doesn't come from a camera is from ProPresenter. It's dependable & the best choice for us.

Pros

ProPresenter is the most simple to use professional display software in existence. It gives you all the features of high end character generators, like alpha key, quick editing of text and graphics, but is simple to use and train volunteers on. It is also a dependable video playback device. It's networking features give great options to sync up multiple computers. It transitions seamlessly between all these necessary functions. They are always coming up with more features and functionality.

Cons

That there is still no simple way to integrate PowerPoint slides other than exporting jpegs. The browser feature has never successfully worked for me when it would have come in handy with online polling websites.

Cliff from Williamsburg Community Chapel

Powerful Presentation software

Our overall experience with ProPresenter has been excellent and has been a reliable and powerful tool for our visual presentations.

Pros

ProPresenter is the best presentation software on the market. It is highly reliable and runs smoothly on our MacPro running Mojave. I enjoy the 3rd party integration that it offers with Planning Center and SongSelect. Renewed Vision Customer support is unmatched. I once updated ProPresenter and immediately encountered an issue with interactive cues not executing properly. I contacted support and within the hour my rep pushed a unique patch to me that resolved the issue. We added a Matrox DualHead2Go unit to our system along with the Multi-screen module last year and I am very happy with the performance and flexibility of this added feature.

Cons

There are instances when ProPresenter will crash when I use the Command+Z (Undo) keystroke. There are certain features I would like to see added to ProPresenter in the future that would rapidly increase productivity. Each Sunday, we export a PDF doc of the Scripture and Sermon slides that are used in the service. In order to capture the background that was used, the background cue must be manually placed on every single slide in the document before exporting, otherwise, the export will not include it and you will only get the text against the black or white background per your template. I wish there was a key combination or command that I could use as I drag a background out of the video/image bin and onto the first slide in the document that would cascade that cue onto all of the slides in the document. I imagine this working similarly to how the grouping feature operates as you select sides from left to right.

Justin from World Harvest Church

Optimal Presentation Software

The software works best on high performance, professional grade Apple computer. It does not survive stress tests on a comparable Windows machine. The operator must maintain an ​organization during a long presentation, as well as optimize workflow​ so the machine can be dedicated to run ProPresenter only. Do not attempt to run to photoshop, after effects, or comparable application while running a mission-critical​ presentation. This software enables easy integration with broadcast set-ups including utilization as alpha-keyed computer graphics.

Pros

Easy to use and volunteer friendly software allows multiple operators, multiple outputs, and is extremely versatile. The mobile app enables operators from anywhere to make quick slide changes. The options built in the software enables​ presentations to be planned and executed in a fast-paced environment. ProPresenter's integrated Stage Display feature enables the Floor Director and talent to communicate without traditional whiteboards​, enables the band and vocalists to follow through with songs and performances, and enables the speaker to see notes on a confidence monitor.

Cons

The lack of the ability to search inside a specific presentation (such as a 150 slide show) to find a specific item hurts response time. It is difficult to find loaded resources for last unplanned minute requests (such as loaded testimonies, videos, etc). The inclusion of the Bible feature is nice, but not having the ability to hot switch to a new version from a created slide (automatically update formatted slide to the ​new version) decreases response time. The mobile app doesn't allow you to load pictures, videos on the fly from camera roll or from another desktop app to the operating machine. The background and foreground element have transitional problems, and the multiple transitions system is very complicated (and I have never understood it fully). We default​ to using a manual transition to slide or just the global one. ProPresenter may yield​ unexpected results after prolonged use.

Beau from Elevate Life Church

Nothing Can Hold A Candle to Propresenter

I’ve been using Propresenter since 2003 and from time to time have dabbled with other presentation software. In the end the usability and features of Propresenter has caused it to clearly stand head and shoulders above everything else. I’ve loved to see the software evolve and how Renewed Vision has listened to it’s users and made adjustments accordingly. Nothing else can hold a candle to Propresenter.

Pros

The ease of use is probably the best thing about Propresenter. You can practically pick it up and begin to use it right away. There are fantastic tutorial videos that give you everything you need to know but there’s also a great community and support. The other thing that I absolutely love is the expandability. In the beginning you may just need the basic functions but as your organization grows, Propresenter has all the tools needed to grow with you.

Cons

Honestly, most of the functions I have liked least about the software have been slowly weened out through out the year.

Jay from International Family CHurch

Best combination of value and features

Propresenter was a definite upgrade over our previous system EasyWorship. The great majority of the time it is a pleasure to use. It has the occasional quirk where media links break and media has to be reimported (even for media that was not moved from it's original location). Another issue I face frequently is Propresenter forgetting previous stage display settings and having to go back into the preferences and re-enable stage display again.

Pros

Getting your media into Propresenter and starting presentations couldn't be easier. Works great as a way to present lyrics for songs and compile a database of song lyrics. There are also advanced features available for power users that help extend the functionality of the system.

Cons

I don't really like the process of creating cues to advance slides on presentations. There could be an easier way to incorporate videos into presentations that run on their own. Also the integration between Propresenter and the cloud service doesn't work great. I could never get it to sync correctly so I cancelled my subscription and went about what I wanted to do a different way. Also documentation on advanced features could be better. Most of the time when I want to do something involving one of the advanced modules or something involving synchronization between my lighting system it involves digging through the internet for a user who figured it out and was nice enough to share their process.

R.J. from CCF

Mostly pleased with ProPresenter for Mac, mostly not with Windows version

Overall ProPresenter is a great product, and in spite of some minor issues--some of which have been computer & external hardware issues--I've been pleased with it.

Pros

We switched from EasyWorship, which worked pretty well but needed updating at the time. Since we decided to replace our antiquated Windows computer with a Mac, we opted for ProPresenter which several people recommended. We bought a campus license so we're also using it on a couple of Windows computers. I like ProPresenter's versatility and ease of use. It has a lot of great features, several of which I haven't even put to use. On our fast iMac it works really well.

Cons

Although our Windows computers supposedly meet the minimum requirements, ProPresenter's Windows version is painfully slow. Like, click to highlight a song and wait 3 seconds before it even highlights it. Even first executing ProPresenter is slow, and there's no "hour glass" to let you know it's in the process of turning on. It's common to wait at least 30 seconds before the logo even shows up. To be fair, I haven't called tech support about that yet. But they should at least display an hour glass to let you know something's happening. Also DVDs won't play in ProPresenter since Microsoft removed DVD support post-Windows 7. On the Mac version I've reported a minor clunky design issue 2-3 times in the past couple of years but it hasn't yet been fixed: the song list & playlist "sliders." Clicking directly ON the slider doesn't work; you have to aim 1/8" to the left of it! It's a minor negative among dozens of awesome features. I’ve found that ALL the output monitors/projectors have to be turned ON before ProPres is opened, otherwise it sometimes freezes up and I have to “force quit.” On more than one occasion the stage monitor has timed out/turned off between church services, but if I try to turn it back on without shutting down ProPres first, it gets confused on where to output. I suspect the HDMI distribution amplifier's "searching for monitors" is freaking it out. PowerPoint/Keynote files don't play natively in ProPresenter, but there's a work-around.

Chadsey from LifeSteps World Ministries

Wonderfully powerful software for every church/ministry

Less headaches and ease of use. Coming in on a Sunday morning and having the software works perfectly as planned. There really isn't much to dislike. The price is competitive and a great value. The software is superb and any problems are quickly address in new updates. The abilities are almost endless

Pros

The ease of use is probably my favorite thing. If you need a basic display system for your church this will get you going right away without a hitch. If you need more advanced, multi network, multi screens, adding confidence moniters or stage displays, using iPads and IP networks with a control room. Ya know the mega church display setup.... this is still the preferred program to use. The training available from the manufacture is also a plus, as well as the online community constantly helping each other use this product to their specific needs. The continual advancement of the product is great, but also past versions still function wonderfully without the need to update unless you just need to advance with the times. Another is the nearly perfect problem-less track record of using the software it has in the 5+ years of me using it across multiple systems, setups, and churches. The ability for nontech volunteers to quickly learn the program is worth any church investing. I train people who barely know how to operate a computer or operate a Mac, and they catch on quickly because the software makes it easy. Even as they are learning and there are problems with wrongs slides displaying (user errors), I'm able to oversee them and quickly fix without a big ordeal and without distraction for the audience on my accounts. The integration with other products are excellent too. Whether it be SongSelect, social media in your messages, advanced graphics cards/etc, or iPads/Apple TVs.

Cons

If I have to say one negative is this software works best with Mac's. Through the years the software has had issues with PC's running ProPresenter. Although I have heard that the latest ProP 6 has corrected most conflicts in Windows software, so this con may be mute by now, I don't know I stick to Mac for our media computers.

Samuel from Vineyard Church Maryville

Propresenter Reviews

Pros

Propresenter can do almost anything. The flexibility of building slides and content in the layers makes it great for clean, nice presentations, but it also means if I need to make a quick announcement slide for our church, I can grab a background, plug in the information, and make a nice looking slide using the editing tools available. Keeps me from scrambling for my laptop and pulling up Photoshop or Illustrator. I also love the simplicity of displaying slides. As a church we have volunteers running Propresenter for our services (which includes songs, motion backs, announcements, Bible passages, etc.) and it's that once we've built it, they pretty much just have to click through. As the youth pastor, I also love being able to use the remote app on my iPad when I teach. That means I can go through the slides as I need to, or if I'm down a volunteer I can make things run on my own.

Cons

My least favorite part of Propresenter is also one of the things I love—double edged sword I guess. While it's incredible flexible and powerful software, it's also incredibly complicated. There are menus, features, options, integrations I seem to discover daily. This is great for myself and those who build the presentations, but it's a struggle for volunteers. Displaying slides is simple, but troubleshooting, on-boarding, etc. is difficult. I feel as though I'm constantly sharing tips, tricks, training, etc. cause there are just things I can't replicate or teach in a planned training.

Joel from Trinity Church

Exceptional value for the feature set

We have been using ProPresenter for over a decade and now have it as the main visual presentation software in eight rooms, ranging from 100 to 2100 seats. Our newest implementation involves a multi-screen output of simultaneous separate content to a on-stage TV and IMAG overlay via NDI with Alpha and to a confidence monitor at the rear of the room. And ProPresenter can do it! On a Mac mini, no less! We love it so much that when presenters come with PowerPoint presentations, its common practice for us to import them into ProPresenter to make them easier to work with.

Pros

- A feature set that is perfect for churches and constantly evolving with the times. - Unlimited site license and free download gives unparalleled value. - A friendly and intuitive interface for the basics with intricate and power-packed features under the hood. - Versatile enough to be the perfect choice for everything from conferences to funerals and church services to concerts, and also perfect for single screen, multiscreen or feeding into an IMAG system as an alpha overlay. Makes it easy to train staff and volunteers on one product across a wide variety of contexts.

Cons

- In depth features can become confusing and hard to find information on, especially when combining add-on modules for specific functionality.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

Even in the original version, ProPresenter was just obviously better and becoming widely adopted with rave reviews from other churches across the continent.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

It was crashing so frequently that we had to run a redundant backup and expect to be forced to use it at every event.

Simon from First Dunboe Presbyterian Church

Love it - mostly!

See comments in pros/cons, since we put ProPresenter in it has been a love/hate relationship. We use stage display with the iPad which is great, however, they had a big bug where when the iPad lost connection to the WiFi, the TCP disconnection in ProPresenter caused an instant crash. It took us 2-3 months working with ProPresenter support to get this solved. 2-3 stressful months. Also, it is not PowerPoint, if I have something visually spectacular to do, I use PowerPoint and export it as slides, or as a video. This is acceptable as I see ProPresenter as more of a media aggregator and display than a pure slide editing tool. If you just want text and pictures, ProPresenter works perfectly for that (most of our welcome/announcement slides are ProPresenter) However, it is still a brilliant tool, don't get me wrong. I often think back to the days of using PowerPoint, and trying to adjust something, remembering I have to manually make the same adjustment on all slides. ProPresenter templates make this work so easy now. Integration with Song Select is also super helpful, as is the text import feature, for songs from our old hymn books.

Pros

We have a huge library of songs, and ProPresenter makes selecting the playlist for each service quick and easy Templates are amazing, changing font, background, whatever takes seconds Reflow editor is great, changing how many lines are on each screen etc Stage display on iPad is great for us too Compared to powerpoint, it gives great confidence as to what is actually on the output display Super easy to play imported videos

Cons

Very slow to start up (PC version) "Quirky" - there are a few things to get to know, undo doesn't work consistently, sometimes pasting text into a slide will change the font and colour, other times it doesn't. Don't paste a picture that's too big, that's a recipe for a crash, etc. Sometimes crashes randomly, tends to be more during preparation than production, when doing a lot of editing (hasn't crashed in production in 2+ years)

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

Recommendation, and it seemed like the more powerful, versatile, professional tool

Rich from Second Baptist Church

Don't know how I lived without it up until now!

Up to this point, updates have been few and far between. One suggestion I made to Renewed Vision (the makers of ProPresenter) was integrated into a feature of an eventual update. Tech support has gotten way better as the years have gone by. They are quite helpful and patient.

Pros

Volunteers can operate it with a minimal amount of training. The setup is largely intuitive. There are also hundreds of hours of videos, tutorials, etc. to get you not only up and running, but using advanced functions as well.

Cons

Initial cost can be a challenge. And for a person using one output (main), it is overkill. There are other less costly products (Proclaim, for example) that do similar things for those in need of one output and no other whistles and bells.

Adam from Brentwood Baptist Church

Versatile Presentation Software

By using ProPresenter, we provide a quality video product both for our congregation as well as for those who are on stage. The tools that ProPresenter offers help us solve nearly every presentation-related problem that comes our way. The company is extremely receptive to feature requests and bug fixes, and treats us like we're their only client.

Pros

The software extremely versatile, and it sees regular updates, bug fixes, and feature additions. The editing features of documents are vast, which helps us quickly achieve professional looking CG output without a lot of effort. ProPresenter does well at integrating with other services such as the CCLI SongSelect database, and the site license serves us well since we need to utilize the software concurrently in multiple venues within our building on any given day. The various add-on modules are powerful; we regularly utilize the SDI module, Alpha keying module, and the master/slave module (which allows us to run a redundant backup if necessary).

Cons

Simple and quick song editing sometimes seems a little clunky. Some features such as the reflow editor are powerful, but seem to suffer from being overly complicated, which keeps me from using them. There are a few inconsistencies with how keyboard shortcuts work when moving around within different parts of the software.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

EasyWorship wasn't being regularly updated. I needed Alpha alpha channel support, SDI output, customizable templates, and customizable stage display layouts. ProPresenter offered all of these features.

Donald from Rocky Creek Baptist Church

Best decision I made

We have been using Propresenter since version 4. Each update makes me love this software even more. I recommend it to all my worship pastor friends.

Pros

ProPresenter was the best decision. It was easy to setup and very easy to use. The more time you spend using the more features you find that help make your worship service flow. The main reason I switched to ProPresenter was the stability of playing video clips. PP allows seamless integration of videos and other slides elements. I first bought a single license but quickly found that all areas need to be running PP. we now have a site license, this makes planning so much easier and seamless if we need to make a venue change for an event.

Cons

The initial setup took a little longer than expected due to adding songs.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

Propresenter was more stable and was becoming the industry standard.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

Videos crashed in SongShow and it was not as intuitive to use.

Erik from Eureka Bible Church

Best in its class

It's been a great experience. A large upgrade over the software we used previously. I would recommend this product to anyone that needs professional presentation software for church or company use.

Pros

It is simple to use, we can train almost anyone to run the software. It is easy to setup and manage. It runs all common media files with ease. It's easy and quick to setup new presentations.

Cons

Stage display could use more customization. It works well but I think they could add some additional features in order to display exactly what we need. I'd love to be able to have it set to show slides without the background. You can do that now, but it won't keep the same formatting as the slide. We have to use "static" but it keeps the background on the first slide of each document. It would also be nice to be able to show only the first line of the next slide- without having to move the next slide off the screen.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

We did a trial of EasyWorship and it was a very unpolished product. It was not easy to setup or operate. ProPresenter was able to meet our requirements for presenting as well as making a user friendly product that we can have non-IT people use and configure.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

We needed more capability, especially when playing video files. ProPresenter handles all common media files without any issues. And has capabilities to edit the media properties.

Jorn from Calvary Nexus

The best presentation software available

We use ProPresenter in our main worship services as well as for a number of other ministries in different size rooms, with various projection systems. The system is fully customizable to each room, while maintaining a standard workflow that's easy to teach to anyone needing to use it. The functionality of ProPresenter as a manned presentation system is far superior to anything else I've seen on the market. ProPresenter is definitely our go to presentation solution.

Pros

The software is easy to learn and easy to use. We have a lot of volunteers and we are able to have them running the software on their own within the first one to two times they work with us. It can be run by a beginner, and also has the capability of much more advanced functionality.

Cons

The software has had some issues that caused it to crash during a presentation in the past. We have also experienced some times when the slide transitions have not been smooth. The web viewer functionality is really clunky and sometimes does not work properly.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

ProPresenter was the most complete product at the time. New updates have continually improved the software and it's still the best option by far!

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

We needed a presentation software solution that has more flexibility for editing and adjusting the presentation during the event/service. Powerpoint and Keynote both have very limited capabilities when it comes to this kind of functionality.

Michael from Ninth Street Christian Church

No other way to go

We switched from PowerPoint and ProPresenter blows it out of the water in terms of customizability and ease of use. Such a good product!

Pros

ProPresenter is so customizable from the standpoint of the administrator (setting up lyrics, backgrounds, videos, etc.), yet it is really simple and easy to use for those running it on a Sunday morning.

Cons

ProPresenter has a feature (that I love) where it will sync with my order of service from Planning Center. However, unless a song has been imported straight from CCLI Song Select, it will not automatically import the song into the playlist, even if they are named exactly the same as what is listed in the setlist.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

It was a one-time fee and seemed to have the best recommendations from others. Now I can see why!

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

We wanted something that would have more capabilities and be more user-friendly for those running the slides during Sunday worship.

Wesley from Sweets Corners Church

Propresenter

We love the Planning Center and SongSelect integrations.

Pros

Propresenter has a simple and intuitive user interface that serves all our churches’ presentation needs. This powerful software scales to fit the presentation needs of churches and business of all sizes. We are also very satisfied with Renewed Vision’s customer service.

Cons

We really feel that there must be a better way to do the stage display. It often crashes on us.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

Other churches had recommended it.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

MediaShout crashed ALL the time. Very bad looking and complicated UI.

Deborah from Subiaco Church of Christ

Subi Church Experience with ProPresenter 6 in Perth Western Australia

It's reliable, cool, and convenient...I may have those 3 common problems but being aware of it I've just been working around them and I really should update my software ... so it's still a very pleasant experience overall!

Pros

The convenience of being able to have everything in just one high quality, professional-looking program is just such a blessing, i.e. pulling lyrics easily from the library, adding videos to a playlist, importing powerpoint slides etc. At my church, staff prepare ProPresenter ahead of the weekend, and then at the church services we have volunteers who serve as our ProPresenter Operator. We call that person a "Clicker" because their role literally involves just clicking from one thing to the next thing. It frees up the church staff to be with people, and it also allows lay-people a place to serve in a role like this which could potentially be really daunting but really isn't, because of the way ProPresenter is.

Cons

There are some limitations to the type of editing you can do, e.g. to an image. It is also a bit buggy but that could just be because we don't do software updates as often as we should! 3 common problems we have: 1. If there could be a crop function that would be helpful so I don't have to crop the image in another program before re-importing the image into ProPresenter. 2. On "Configure stage display" we have various profiles to choose from - but I can't seem to find a button anywhere to delete old profiles. We currently have something like 20 profiles which we don't use just because I don't know how to delete it. 3. Sometimes when I delete an item from the library, the item slides get deleted alright but the name gets kept and transferred over to the next item in the library... which means the whole library gets renamed to the name of the item that was originally in that order in the library.

Martin from Valley Church

Works well for lyrics

Except for sync and videos it works great. Sadly, we use sync every week and I can't count the number of times our users have contacted me due to their struggles.

Pros

Setting up song lyrics and using in conjunction with Song Select works pretty well. We use the arrangement functionality for every song for the contemporary service. For traditional hymns we don't find arrangements necessary. It's nice to have the option when we need it and to not confuse those who don't need it. Our prior software would occasionally crash during a service, but we've never had that kind of issue with ProPresenter running on our Mac Minis. We really like using a stage display in addition to the regular output. Our team really appreciates it.

Cons

We often have trouble playing videos within ProPresenter. The audio sometimes cuts out or gets out of sync. The same video played on the same Mac with QuickTime or VLC works fine. We subscribe to Cloud Sync and it often has problems. Sometimes it just won't sync things, and other times it syncs way too much (as evidenced in the log) and takes way too long. In addition, we often get errors while syncing talking about "another process has changed a file" and the choices offered to resolve it are confusing to most of our users.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

Recommendations on worship pastor's forum.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

Crashes during service and a lame interface.

Gary from A&M Church of Christ

ProPresenter is Essential

The smooth transitions and rapid editing capabilities allows me to fix situations on the fly and make changes during a gathering real time. I have used several software packages for running the projection screens in large auditoriums. This one is clearly the best.

Pros

ProPresenter provides almost every possible way to throw something up on the presentation screen. It is extremely adaptable to various software inputs and provides a consistent, easily operated central system for everything. This software provides total control.

Cons

It still has a few small bugs, nothing major, but sometimes they are a bit irritating. For example, there is a one-pixel thick horizontal gray line right in the middle of the screen. It is not extremely distracting, but it is there. On multiple computers.

Reasons for Choosing ProPresenter

Just seemed more comprehensive and intuitive.

Reasons for Switching to ProPresenter

The software was buggy and we had several lock-up situations.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,771 reviews