• Pros

• "Great way to connect with the entire congregation at once. Thankful it has an app as well as desktop access. Reports are great to work with as far as contributions."

• "It is very user friendly and the customer support was very quick & efficient with handling any issues."

• "Easy Access to program. Easy to put in congregation names. Love using the giving as well as attendance."

• Cons

• "The search engine is not as robust as some other products, but that is improving as the product develops."

• "Development of new capabilities is slower than desired. However, when new capabilities are fielded they are excellent"

• "The program is still being built out, though this is also a plus. There are some features missing that we wish were there, such as improved calendaring/scheduling."

Browse Realm Reviews

Jilliane from The Garden Community Church

Realm has been an excellent resource for our congregation and staff.

Pros

We use Realm Connect - the level that allows for congregants to log in and use the app feature as well. Realm is easy to use and intuitive to figure out. The staff love being able to get to it anywhere and that they can even work on their phones on things if needed. Realm has features that make life easier for church staff, while also allowing the congregation to connect with each other. The Realm development team is always looking at ways to make it easier for people to know where to go, while also trying to find ways to make the church staff's lives easier as they input the data. Additionally, the support staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. I rarely have to wait for support help and if they cannot fix an issue while I am on the phone with them, they are quick to follow back up.

Cons

There are still areas they are building out and things that are not there yet. For example, today we tried to copy a list of people from a registration event into a group roster as the group decided they wanted to be able to communicate with each other during the study. This was not a feature that was available yet, so the person entering the data had to manually add the people to a group. But, they have an enhancement request portal where Realm staff users can enter ideas in on what to change or add and they follow that portal very closely. The things that are not there yet are a small trade-off in my mind, as overall Realm is incredible software. And knowing that those things will come soon makes it easier for me to help my staff realize that if they can be patient for a little bit longer, everything will be in one place. They really like that!

William from First Baptist Church of Woodbridge

Realm is a good church database

Overall Realm is a good a product. It was first rolled out to small churches and it shows that. It seems that the programmers and decision makers still look at the small churches instead of larger churches when adding features.

Pros

It is a communication tool as well as a database. They keep improving Realm. Ease of finding duplicate entries. Customer support is the best in the industry.

Cons

There are many features that larger churches need to use the software the best and Realm does not seem to be in any hurry to provide those features. They make larger churches figure out work arounds which is never good. Difficult to get the needed reports for our auditor each year. Contributions is not done by the best practices for debits and credits. They line through entries when a charge back is made at the bank instead doing a debit, which shows a money trail for audit purposes.

Reasons for Choosing Realm

It had the most features. Was not a startup. We were using ACS so the conversion process was easy.

Sheri from Mauldin United Methodist Church

Realm Believer

Could not be happier. They are always willing to help. Love that they listen to new ideas from their users.

Pros

The versatility. The ease of use for all ages. The phone app is great and getting better all the time. They update and create new things all the time.

Cons

The phone app is not as versatile as the computer app. The older generation is very leery of trying new things.

Reasons for Choosing Realm

Online and phone capabilities. Best of both worlds - the people side and the accounting side.

G. from The Church in Aurora

Serious Gaps

Frustration is the best word that describes my experience with Realm. Frustration on finding information, frustration on looking for help, and frustration even on the help desk. When I write an email, it is almost as if I am getting a computer response telling me only a simplistic response that does not consider my question on the background that I provided. It seems that my complaints fall on unconcerned ears when i express them to the Staff.

Pros

I like the ability to use a check scanner with the giving software

Cons

There are serious gaps in the way Realm relays information. When certain payments are made online, the software does not notify the Administrator of their receipt. I have to go and look for the payments (such as VBS registrations) without the software telling me that it has come in. Then it does not list the deposits from the registrations, only the individuals that made payment, after I go outside the giving module. Our checking account has been out of balance because of this. Also the giving statements allow very little configuration. The pledge set ups do not allow for change. Nor can you easily go back to a previous screen or report that you had to navigate from. I do not find the software intuitive, and often have to search for long times to get information that I need, The searching seems fragmented and not easily connected. When i edit a previous gift I do not get a notification or ability to print out a report so I can do a journal entry so we can keep our records balanced. The online help is entirely worthless. It lags far behind many other help searches that I use for software. I feel that I am forced to call the help desk. Usually after searching for at least a half hour down many dead ends, the I call the help line and there's another 30 minutes explaining my problem. And another 20 minutes hearing the condescending comments telling me that I have to not expect REALM to preform according to my expectations. It is not seamless, nor is the contribution

Karen from St. Columba's Episcopal Church

REALM is Easy

We enjoy the products ability for us to track giving, children/youth that are registered to track for attendance. We track worship service attendance that is required by our Diocese and of course giving is imperative and the system allows us to do this an efficient matter.

Pros

The best part of the feature that all religious institutions could benefit from is the giving module. The online giving is very easy and user friendly and processing of the gifts is very easy for the administrators of the church. We recently rolled out groups and have a BETA group using it. They are very excited about the capabilities and have added their own members and published documents for them to use and communicate. We use the product for event registration and that process has been easy as well, it is intuitive and provides a lot of options for tailoring to particular event needs.

Cons

Currently the serving module needs to be built out more for us to fully utilize it. We are trying to avoid having the serving team send emails back and forth about coverage and needs. We also would like more customizable features when it comes to background color and newsletter type communications.

Reasons for Choosing Realm

Ease of use Cost Already been working for a number of years continuous Investment in the product

Loseke from Brookstone Church

Good product and always improving

Tech support is very helpful if you just need basic help in making something work. They don't seem to know the "big picture" to make suggestions or improvements on what you are asking. However their developers are very accessible, so I like that I can reach someone else with a question or when I need guidance on setting up something.

Pros

It is very user-friendly and easy to train new employees on it. Being a new product, they are constantly updating and improving on the features. It was developed from years of software experience, so it is very relevant in everyday church use.

Cons

Several of the newer releases address needs we've been asking for, but they are done in a somewhat complicated way. It addresses the need, but not as directly and simply as I would like. I feel like they need to take a step back from some new features and refine and improve what they currently offer.

Reasons for Choosing Realm

We mainly looked at Realm because we were already an ACS Client. The little bit that I looked around, I didn't find a product that offered everything that we had with People Suite. We are using Planning Center for our facility usage and our worship team uses it for volunteer management. It doesn't offer enough features that we need for it to be our main church database software.

Joy from St Paul's Epsicopal Church

Realm Software

I have had a positive experience with Realm. I have not had any questions that couldn't be answered or any tasks that could not be accomplished.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use. I appreciate the Realm help center and Ministry Smart training platform. The software was easy to implement and to train others to use. Switching to Realm went smooth; I had no issues developing my chart of accounts, producing financials, recording a pledge campaign and pledges. Our membership data base stays up to date with the access our members have to the software. Our directory is never out of date.

Cons

I have not found any missing features. The software was easy to impliment.

Deborah from Parkcrest Christian Church

Enjoying using Realm

Our admin staff is really enjoying using Realm. We're always excited when we discover something new. Makes our jobs easier, better, and more interesting. We are looking forward to launching Realm Connect to our entire church.

Pros

Easy to use Ability to add notes to profiles Excellent reports capabilities Pathways!! Groups functionality Communication capabilities

Cons

Don't like that so many things come up on my tasks for pathways in particular. If I am a step leader it comes up on my tasks even if I'm not responsible for that step.

Sarah from First Assembly of God

Great software!

Love the interaction of the software with other companies, like background checks.

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly. It is web based, so you can access it from anywhere. They are open to suggestions for upgrades.

Cons

Still fairly new, so there are a few hiccups. Would love for it to have a volunteer scheduling portion.

Angela from St. John the Baptist Catholic Church

Combined all of our software into one product.

We are doing much less duplicate work,

Pros

We were using so many different products to do our daily tasks. None of which spoke to the other. Now we have all of our work in one place and we can see the big picture.

Cons

Not be able to choose what label you will be printing to or the ability to print on envelopes.

Andrew from Central United Methodist Church

Church Membership Projects and Sacraments

I work on our membership records, groups, the Realm app, events, registrations, classes, and even meals. I able to schedule all of these in Realm and push them out to a congregation of over 4,000 with relative ease. As a communications tool for a large congregation, Realm is our software of choice.

Pros

I like that, when used properly, Realm allows us to create profiles and provide a 360-degree story of a member's engagement with our church. Births, baptisms, marriages, deaths are dome of the events that we need to tell a member's story. Using the attachment feature allows us to attach all letters, documents, certificates, an communications that allow us to tell these stories. Realm allows us the option to digitally replicate the traditional church records and ledgers that we keep. It allows all of these documents to be easily accessed by out staff. We also find that Realm is critical to our mission when we are preparing for our annual Charge Conference. Being able to pull reports and statistics through setting up custom queries is critical to this mission. I also like that we can add specific attributes, roles, and committee descriptions that apply to the life and the ministries of our church. I taken on a project of digitizing decades of church records and documents and connecting them to member profiles. I would never have been able to accomplish this with such ease and accuracy if I did not have Realm as my primary software.

Cons

There is an occasional hiccup where we receive error messages, such as "504 Gateway Timeout" or "Internal Error." These are usually easily resolved when we contact the service center.

Judy from Redeemer Episcopal Church

Realm - Excellent Church Software

Realm has facilitated communication in the church and is extremely versatile given its use on a computer or mobile device. By enabling parishioners to directly engage with each other, with their own profile and church groups they are in - it not only provides the staff with a powerful software tool, but enables the entire church to engage and connect. This is probably the greatest strength of Realm: its function as a staff tool (database management and financial accounting) as well as ability to create engagement, connection and community within the parish. All in one place.

Pros

Realm is exceptionally easy to learn and use - and it's relevant to how a church operates its ministries as well as how a church manages its finances and its people database. Developers solicit input from users for program enhancements and continue to release new functionality that just makes the software better and better. Both the database management component (how we manage the people in our church) as well as the financial accounting component are exceptional. The bonus is how the functionality also supports how we operate our ministries (managing volunteers, coordinating education opportunities, communication and engagement)

Cons

Not sure I've found anything I don't like. At this point, Realm continues to amaze me.

Reasons for Choosing Realm

Upgrading to Realm was a foolproof decision - we obtained more functionality that would continue to be enhanced, that is easier to learn and use, for lower cost, that is accessible via any computer with internet access or mobile device. In addition, customer service and support is superb. ACS Technologies is a company that gets our business and knows how to build software to support it. Realm is a superb product that continues to get better and better.

Joshua from Trinity Community Church

Tremendous organizational tool! A bit lacking in some desired features and user-friendliness.

Pros

Realm has been our only experience with CHMS and it has been well worth every penny. As a small church of about 200, we know there's so much more that this software is capable of doing that we simply do not have a need for at present. We love the organization Realm has given internally to our church staff and volunteers. The ability to track giving (both regular offering and pledge funds) through Realm is very sound and ensures accuracy in our financial record keeping. It also makes creating and sending year end giving statements a breeze! This software seemingly has no ceiling in its ability to query any information we want to gather from our people (as long as we have imputed the information when adding profiles). We can then quickly generate a report from that information that is easily shareable. Creating groups is also a great feature that has helped us, internally, better understand who is doing what and has subsequently helped us to be more intentional and effective in our communication. Routine tasks that we use Realm for on a weekly/daily basis include: recording giving, finding pertinent information about our people, generating reports/labels, adding profiles of our people and assigning them to groups, and communicating via Realm's email feature with various groups in our church.

Cons

The calendar is not as functional as we had hoped and does not allow for integration with Google Calendars. This has led to our avoiding any use of Realm's calendar. We have also not made use of the Events feature in Realm as there is no public-facing side of Events Registration (that we have found) that could tie in with our church website. The interface is not very intuitive/user-friendly and has held us back from opening up the software for use by more volunteers to handle tasks such as Check-in and Pathway's. This has also prevented us from allowing group leaders to manage their own groups' members, record attendance, coordinate events or activities, or to communicate directly with one another. The online giving feature does not currently allow for any embed code to make for a more seamless online giving experience.

Jenn from The Bible Chapel

Congregational Care Tool

Realm is the key tool to care for our congregation in intentional ways.

Pros

First we love that all of our systems are now in one place. Moving from running ACS OnDemand, AccessACS, and The City to just using Realm has created efficiency. Realm has allowed better care of our large congregation and opportunities for closing the back door. That's what we like most. With nearly 4,000 attenders on a weekend, knowing when people are disconnecting is difficult. With easy attendance through the app for all of our classes/events/offerings, and indications coming to the surface in reports when people begin to disengage, we can intentionally follow up with them for potential ministry opportunity. Along the same lines, being able to have family/individual profiles which really show a complete picture of a person and their involvement, along with what processes they're involved in, what events they've attended, what milestones they've met, and any notes pertinent to pastoral care for them as individuals, we are in a better position to care for our congregation than ever before. Dashboard reports are great and put a lot of actionable data at ministry leaders fingertips.

Cons

Communication via Realm needs some minor improvements. The ability to share a message with multiple groups is missing at present. The option to reply to an email notification and have the message go back to the original thread in Realm is missing. Those two improvements would make a big difference in communication, as well as the ability to "feature" a post within a group to make it stay at the top of the group's News Feed. Need to be able to turn off ability to comment on a particular post, yet not delete it -- something that's informative in nature, but we're not necessarily looking for responses on. Emails coming out of Realm need to be more customizable to have the look and feel the sender is going for. Calendar/events in Realm needs some help too. We are not to the point yet where we could use it as the one place to see events, as it's listing all service times and things we don't necessarily want to show in the events listing (things that are a given and don't need to be listed as events -- however they have to be in there so attendance can be marked/entered). A few enhancements need to be made in event registration as well, though it has come a long way.

Lynnette from North Decatur United Methodist Church

June 2016

Great product and support!

This product is not as robust as some of the other big products out there, but it has almost everything you need to get the job done. Many organizations do not need or want all the bells and whistles that those products have, nor the cost they come with. Realm manages people and their contributions with ease. It has the ability to use groups to track attendance and facilitate communication among the groups/ministries of the church. The customization fields allow for tracking needs specific to individual ministries as well. For attendance, there is a check in system that can be utilized that can be set up to provide security labels for children's ministry. It can also be used to check in for Sunday School or other events as well. This is tied to the attendance so that if the check in is utilized, the support staff/volunteer posting of attendance is reduced as well. Then you have the support. If you ever run into a question or issue, there are wikis to help you along. The wikis are not just a long list of stuff, but are set up so that when you click the "?" button, it opens the wiki that is specific to the page you are on, so no more searching for what you need in a long list. If that doesn't help, you always have the support team standing by so you can call and get assistance as well. They are always ready to serve and never talk down to you because you ask a "dumb" question.

Pros

I like that the software developers take the time to listen to the users and frequently upgrade the software with features that users need, not what they think we should have. The UI is intuitive and easy to use. The wikis are robust and use lots of pictures so there is not confusion as to what needs to be done. The support team in knowledgeable.

Robin from Cudd Memorial Baptist Church

REALM: user friendly software with exceptional customer support!

I highly recommend the investment of time and finances to get the full benefit of the software by getting the training needed! I wish we had done so when we got it. I feel we would be so much further along with the benefits of the software instead of still struggling to search through helps and webinars to find how to do something simple.

Pros

I love the ease of using the software. Everything is easy to navigate and it manages people and contributions very easily. They are always adding improvements which is a plus. I know that there is so much more to this software but we haven't got there yet. At the time that we transitioned from ACS on demand to REALM we were not able to get the training needed to transition more smoothly and regret so much now that we didn't just wait until we could afford to actually get the one on one training that is so needed in order to really benefit from ALL that REALM has to offer and to expedite using it more effectively quicker. As they say, every software is useless, if those using it are not trained to use it! Love how online giving posts directly to the members statement and is very user friendly.

Cons

Can't complain much since I don't feel like I have had the training I need to properly use it to its full potential. The complaints I might have are probably not a software problem but lack of training problem...I have just been winging it and limping along for the most part but the things that I have learned to use have been pretty awesome.

Gerald from Chapel in the Pines Presbyterian Church

Chapel in the Pines Review

Overall our church and it's members enjoy using Realm. We just got it in 2017 so don't have a lot of experience with it. I do think the communication functions will be a big help to us. Your support staff has always been very professional and friendly. I think in 5 years we will be using it as our main communications tool.

Pros

The cost is probably the best feature for us as a small church. It also allows our members and friends to donate an online gift and have it immediately posted to the member's statement. It is also very user friendly.

Cons

When creating the photo directory with family information, there is no "refer to" for couples who have different last names (i.e., Bob Warren and Karen Fisher, Nathan Kotecki and Garrett Southerland). Access ACS had that feature. When creating a .pdf file of the directory, there is no way to password protect it without running it through a different program. Access ACS had that feature. In the photo directory, there is no way to flag various people (like ordained minister, staff, non-member friend, etc.) The .pdf document created is static, not dynamic (in other words, you can't click on an email address and go straight to an email, nor can you cut and paste phone numbers, addresses, etc.) The mobile app for Realm Connect opens automatically to the "news" feed. Since we don't use the news feed, people who are using the app to get contact information do not easily find that information. It would help if we could choose which feature Realm Connect opens with.

Amy from St. Luke United Methodist Church

Great, user-friendly software and world-class help desk.

Easy to learn and to use. Helps us track everything from giving to attendance, as well as trends. On-line (as opposed to desktop loaded) software keeps the worry out of losing data. Affordable, even for a smaller church.

Pros

Realm is extremely user-friendly. I love that they have teamed with Vanco for donations/payments and the payments are recorded directly into the person's record in Realm. The pastor likes to do analytics and uses that feature all the time. I work in the contribution section every week and it couldn't be easier. The "icing on the cake" is the world-class Customer Service. After two quick prompts, a real person answers the phone within seconds. I don't get transferred. The person is very knowledgeable, friendly, polite, and most of all can answer my questions. They will also log onto my computer - with my permission - if that is the best way to help me.

Cons

I can't get all the reports I used to get in ACS People. Also, I have not found a way to link different families together (i.e. showing one family is a mother and father to another family). I also wish that Realm Financials would stop pushing back their timeline to include Payroll so we can switch from ACS Financials to Realm for that part of business, also.

Lindsey from West Cabarrus Church

Realm is very user friendly and the customer service representatives are very helpful.

Pros

We have had Realm for 3 years and seen the software improve a lot over that time. I am very impressed at their constant ingenuity to continue developing the product to meet customer needs. We love the check-in platform which is extremely simple to use.. even better now with customizable badges! We have met with the Realm team several times regarding various new program updates. The team would show us a sample of a new concept and ask for our feedback. It was fun to be a part of new innovation and it was especially exciting when we saw our suggestions implemented in the software.

Cons

Realm does not interact with our Planning Center Services account or our Resources calendar. Because of this, we have to duplicate information and ultimately manage 2 databases of people (PCO and Realm). This hasn't been a major issue but it would be nice if profiles that were updated in Realm would be automatically updated in PCO. Also, our small group leaders have found the mobile app to be limited in its functionality. Understandably, the app has less features than the web version but it would be really nice if, for example, a small group leader could add a new guest from the mobile app.

Shelby from Hope Church

Using Realm for People and Accounting

I have been using Realm to manage people (contributions, attendance, etc.) for about 8 months. I have also had the privilege to be a part of the pilot program for Realm Accounting. People management is very straightforward. Accounting process will be very familiar for existing ACS Financial Suite users. Chart of Accounts structure is a bit different, but I like the use of Account Codes (core accounts) that are available across funds. Accounting might be a little too strong for one-person office environments, especially those accustomed to QuickBooks functionality. ACS partners with Vanco for processing gifts and registration payments. Vanco is great to work with. Together, they have just launched text giving for Realm.

Pros

I've been able to successfully check-in people from Windows tablet and have labels waiting at the check-in station (label printer shared from another Windows computer). I like being able to verify attendance with a tablet during service. Text giving in Realm is included with online giving. Dashboards readily available and can be customized for Giving, Attendance, and Involvement. Plus the Overview can provide quick insights to your database.

Cons

Built-in reports have a ways to go.

Brett from Lawson Assembly of God

Overall, Realm has been great. Being completely online is a huge benefit. That, coupled with their customer experience, is why we made the switch!

Pros

Realm is easy to use...not a huge learning curve. Customer service has been great with any questions and getting us transitioned from our former software. We're getting ready to start the accounting side of Realm. From the training, it seems intuitive and simple. Excited to be completely online based!

Cons

The hardest thing for us to do is getting people in the congregation to download and use the app. People, especially older people, just don't pay attention to it. But that's not Realm's problem. The biggest problem that I'm experiencing is on the accounting side. It mainly has to do with terminology and reports. It seems every system out there uses different terms. Even if someone has an accounting degree, it can difficult to understand Realm's terminology. Our church previously used Church Windows, and they called used one set of terms. Realm uses another set of terms, and the business world uses another. These systems need to have some kind of universal lingo or else there is constantly a learning curve.

Sherri from UP Church

Probably Will Go with Realm

We are comparing PowerChurch, Servant Keeper and Realm. Of the three, Realm is the most robust, organized and simplest to jump right in without a lot of training. We can track records in our Adult Spiritual Education program. We can track visitor outreach. We can track attendance collectively and individually. Gift entry is awesome! You must enter a batch first, meaning the full dollar amount of your deposit; then you enter individual gifts against that dollar amount. If the final figures do not match, you know immediately that you have a data entry error. Can't tell you how much I love this feature! Also, they have a super robust wiki site that explains every facet of their software. The info is broken down into bite-sized, easily digestible chunks. It is presented through a combo of pictures, videos, and text. Very well laid out; easy to navigate. I found things in the free demo that made no sense to me. The help button to me to the wiki site where I was able to easily get my question answered. I rarely use the help on other software programs because it's confusing and not worth the effort. By contrast, I spent over an hour each with the folks from PowerChurch and Servant Keeper to get help making sense of their software. All 3 solutions are highly customizable. But, Realm is the most organized. For example, our education program includes 2-3 years of classes. I need to track students through classes and know when they've finished. Both PowerChurch and Servant Keeper allow me to create a customized tracking system. But each makes use of multiple screens that take some effort to navigate between. Because this info is entered periodically (not daily), I'm concerned my volunteers will need to retrained every time they use it. Realm offers a solution where everything is on one screen. No complicated navigation. Can't guarantee a volunteer won't need retraining, but they'll only have one thing to learn and remember with Realm. It's the right price point for a church of our size. The ONLY reason for the 4-stars overall is that the accounting module is extra and I cannot find the cost for it ANYWHERE on their site. Very frustrating! Also Realm does not integrate with MailChimp. Just Constant Contact (my least favorite email solution). If it weren't for the data conversion, we'd be able to get started for under $200! You can't beat that kind of value. The only reason we wouldn't go with Realm is that I get outvoted. :)

Sherri from UP Church

Love this product!

It's a really robust software. The customer support is amazing. And their help file is one of the best I've seen of any software anywhere!

Pros

We have been using Realm as our church management software since 2016. We were upgrading from a really old software system that we'd been using since the 90s or before. Realm walked us through the transfer which was very involved. And I think our transfer took longer than usual but they held our hands through the process. But since we've been up and running, it's been smooth sailing. They're constantly updating the software. I haven't had any problems with it. We haven't rolled out the member portion of the software yet. We have an older congregation and getting every logged in would be a challenge. As a small (under 100 members) Church, Realm has more than met our needs. I believe it's a software we can easily grow with for years to come.

Cons

We opted to handle the personalization of the software ourselves. Well...that hasn't happened. With running a church and everyone wearing multiple hats, we just haven't had time. So, I know we're not getting all the value from the software that we could. That's not Realm's fault. If I remember correctly, it was a cost thing that caused us to do it ourselves. Perhaps Realm needs a customization price for small churches like ours.

Yvonne from Church

Realm is Excellent!

Realm allows us to keep current our members data and contributions in a flash so reports are always up to date. The support center is amazing, always there to help even with on screen assistance. The Connect mobile app allows you to call members in your group from your cell phone. There is so much that Realm does through the dashboard, reports, attendance, check-in, giving, its just endless. We've used Realm from the beginning and updates and new features are always being added.

Pros

Being able to work in the software from the church office or home made this a game changer. Having the use of the mobile app has taken it to a new level. From the administration side reports are so easy and communication in ministry groups amazing.

Cons

I honestly can say Realm is covering so many areas I have no complaints. We started with ACS Technologies before the Realm roll out.

Reasons for Choosing Realm

We have been given offers from other companies but never had a need to change since starting with the original ACS product.

Gregory from By Grace Community Church

Industry: Defense & Space

Relatively easy management of church administrative functions

A plethora of reporting options! Master membership rolls. Class check-in (and child safety/security). Communication with members on Connect.

Pros

It appears that ACS has put in a lot of homework in looking for things that a church might do and how they actually do business. The Connect aspect is only as useful as the people who use it, but the Realm engine in very powerful and has a lot of features that just about any church would want or need. The cloud-based platform is also helpful because 1) our software/interface never need updating and 2) there is no risk of us losing our data. The reporting options are also very flexible: our denomination requires annual reports on numbers and finances, and (I think) we can create enough custom reports to cover these annual reports all within the confines of Realm! That is a huge time saver no more spreadsheets!

Cons

Sending invites to Realm seems to be tricky, especially if a child has grown and now has an e-mail address. We can't just send an invite from the person's profile page (hint: make this an option). Also, in order to do child check-in or Sunday School sign-in sheets, there is a lot of layering that is required in order to get the final product. ONce complete, it is fairly simple on a weekly basis, but getting there can take some time (but not difficult time). Coming from a Database Administrator perspective (that's my job), I fully understand the need for such layers, as it keeps things working right, so this is not something that must be fixed. However, for the average user, it might seem tedious.

Ami from Lutheran Church of the Ascension

The BEST Church Management Software Around!

Our church started using Realm over a year ago. It is a wonderful software that provides great functionality, real-time data, and it's user friendly! Information is always just a couple clicks away and we delight in how well our members have received it! Using Realm has freed staff from spending great amounts of times trying to assemble reports because the data is already there. This allows them to focus on other, more important people and ministry driven tasks. One of the best features is the online giving! We're able to offer quick, easy, and secure online giving to our church members and even church visitors (plus TEXT GIVING)!! We are always amazed at how the ACS developers are constantly improving Realm. They take our input and suggestions of how the product can be even better, which is nice since we are the ones out in the real world using the software. We have a voice! Their customer service and support are without fail fantastic! Overall, Realm is just a really great product and we would recommend it to others without hesitation. It certainly allows us to work smarter, not harder, and it gives us the tools we need to run our amazing church! Thanks Realm!

Pros

Everything

Cons

Nothing really!

Lily from Elizabeth Baptist Church

Very happy we chose Realm!

Pros

Not in any particular order: 1. Cloud-based 2. Communication Feature within Groups - our group leaders are loving this feature and are engaging more and more with participants in their groups. Attendance marking has also increased since converting to Realm 3. Dashboard/Reporting - helping us greatly in doing ministry effectively: reaching the disengaged, cleaning up data, and planning 4. Merging of duplicate records tool - very seamless and love the fact that the duplicates are automatically reported on the Dashboard 5. Pathways - LOVE that we can now keep track of where all of members and guests are in their spiritual journey or with their involvement at our church. 6. Online Giving - we've get over 100 New First-Time giver weekly since moving to Realm 7. Check-In Kiosk - our ministries who use this absolutely love how seamless and efficient the check-in process is now. We transition from ACS Checkpoint. Check-In Kiosk in Realm allows for a much smoother experiencing when checking in for children's church 8. The ACS support team that's been PHENOMENAL and dedicated to seeing us WIN with Realm!

Cons

1. Our church does A LOT of events throughout any given month - currently we've experienced some limitations within Event Registrations (i.e. being able to search for a specific event using keywords/tags). Our end user currently has to scroll down a very long list of events to find the event they want to register for. 2.

David from Ebenezer Baptist Church

Realm is AWESOME!!!

It has been great!! The support staff is unbelievable people are using it for group communications as intended.

Pros

I love the way Realm integrates our membership database, grouping, and tracking with a social media type of platform. Actually allows our members to use it for effective communication! It is ground-breaking and we love it!!

Cons

I wish the financial software was capable of handling our book-keeping needs, but thankfully, we are still able to use ACS Financials for that.

Gavin from Living Stones Churches

An excellent tool to keep information and coordinate topics and events with your church

I love being able to keep our members together on one place, look them up, and send them messages. It's easy to keep everything going on at the church together. I use it for events, for pathways, and to send messages to people. I was in charge of children's ministry until recently and the check-in was great!

Pros

- Messages and Topics are available as push notifications from the app - Huge improvements from it's predecessor program, The City - For larger churches, easy searches focusing on specific members or parameters - Giving to a church is easy - The Kids Check-In is initiative and easy to pick up for parents - Easy to create events that require registration and payment

Cons

- There is a learning curve for the average user - There is a time lag between messages sent via laptop/desktop and the app - The larger the church, and the more you use Realm, you will need to dedicate a significant amount of time to the software to keep it humming.

Melvena from Fairview Mennonite Brethren Church

REALM - Makes Real Ministry Easier!

Realm has been a great tool in our organization. We use it every day to easily manage profile updates, create reports and so much more!

Pros

I just can't say enough about Realm! Once we got our organization set up with all the ministry areas, groups and individual profiles it makes managing and communicating with our members so much easier! There are so many features that make this product A+ If there ever is an issue or question, Realm has the absolute BEST support team ever! They are very courteous, knowledgeable, and professional and are very eager to help resolve any issues. AND we implemented the Realm Connect Mobile app and this has been a great add-on to our Realm use.

Cons

So far we haven't encountered any cons.

Dee from Lone Oak Church of Christ

Realm

Communication in our congregation has increased from volunteers, classes, leadership. Information is easier to get out to all of the congregation.

Pros

The software is set up to be member driven and not staff driven. You can add participates and they can then have access to functionality of the group.

Cons

The release of new features is sometime premature before they have worked the problems out. They are not good about getting back to you once they have something working properly.

Reasons for Choosing Realm

We had been with ACS for so long and we trusted their products.

Judy from Redeemer Episcopal Church

Realm Review

We are using Realm for both Accounting and the data management of our parish. I've appreciated how user-friendly it is to use and I especially appreciate that I can call and get a quick answer if I'm stumped when trying to do something. As a Parish Administrator it truly supports my ability to do my job - and I'm grateful for its continued excellence.

Pros

Ease of Use Fabulous support by phone Integrated online giving Continuous build out and enhancement Relevant to our work in the church Extremely beneficial User Conference annually

Cons

Unlike our use of the ACS On Demand software, it doesn't differentiate between pledge payments and general giving when we post the contributions to the GL. This is an enhancement I will be grateful for when and if it is done.

Kathy from Parkcrest Christian Church

Realm Is Great

People are less likely to fall through the cracks when put on a pathway. Follow up is handled better and more likely to happen.

Pros

Being able to look up contact information of our attenders on my phone when I'm away from the office.

Cons

When a something is listed on my and a co-worker's task list and the co-worker completes the task, it is still listed on my task list. I have to check with her to make sure she did it before I can take it off of my task list.

Deb from Piedmont Unitarian Universalist Church

Realm, a Church Management System Crucial to Our Daily Operations

Much better organization in the office. A tool to connect church members, and assist church leadership.

Pros

The interface is pleasing and fairly intuitive. The customer service is excellent. The tools available are very useful for our church. I appreciate the customized fields in the system that allow me to change certain terminology to better match our church.

Cons

There are bumps in the road sometimes with updates, whether it's an unexpected consequence, changed features, or having to teach volunteers a new way to use the software. I also appreciate how much Realm listens to customer feedback, but sometimes wish improvements could be made faster.

Great Company, Great Value!

Pros

We have used ACS products for nearly 10 years and are so happy to leave behind the painful inhouse and shrinkwrapped systems we used to use. Our Realm Consultant is super knowledgeable and helped us determine the best processes,practices and scope for our ministry needs. Support is always available and super helpful. ACS is a true pleasure to work with.

Cons

The Realm team is working on a couple of functions that are important to our operations. They have released weekly enhancements and are quick with workaround solutions. They release enhancements weekly and seamlessly.

Brandon from Woodlake Church

Realm is a new and growing software and works great for every area of our ministry.

Pros

I love the integration between all different areas such as financials, attendance, and groups. I also am a huge fan of the app that allows me to quickly search for and contact church members. Reports pull easily and there are a ton of customization options throughout the various areas.

Cons

There are a couple features such as people being able to sign up for and see events without an account that are still missing. There are also times that setting up an event or pulling a report can be confusing at first, but their team is awesome at responding quickly and helping you figure out what you need to do.

Diana from First Baptist Church

ACS Software

What we had before ACS/Realm did not group families together and Realm does. So looking up a child with a different last name has changed so much for us. That made a big difference for a lot of things. We are using more and more of the features all the time.

Pros

I like the ease in which information is entered and edited. I like that you can search for a report and then when you have the results you are looking for you can save it and use it over and over. Editing the parameters of the search is also understandable.

Cons

That we don't have Finances on it yet. Will be glad when we do.

Kathleen from St. Timothy's Episcopal Church

My Review of St. Tim's Usage

I use mostly the giving section of the program. I enter donations, print out reports to match financial statements of money coming in and print quarterly reports for members to find out where they are as far as their pledges.

Pros

Ease of use is number one in my book as far as the accounting is concern. Cut down my work time and easy to cross reference.

Cons

Getting labels and directories are still a major problem. I tend to do it the old long way instead of reading through instructions.

Laurie from Christ Lutheran Church ELCA

Realm Changed the Way we do Ministry

Very positive and the best tech support I have every worked with. If they don't know an answer, they find it and get back to you quickly.

Pros

We have been thrilled with Realm and the communication tool it has provided us. Our groups and members are more connected than they have ever been. Elderly people who are home-bound can stay connected to their church and their groups. It has communication features similar to Facebook so congregants to realize it is a database that staff find very useful. The Pathways feature keeps us on track with visitors, baptisms and confirmation steps. Love it!

Cons

Enhancements to Realm come often but there are still developments that need to come faster.

Bonnie from Gibson City Bible Church

Learning with a smile

Communication Help, Membership tracking, Contribution tracking, and Online Donations

Pros

Some of the features I appreciate most is the user-friendly tips and cues for administrators and users alike. I appreciate the fact that this software is geared toward church environments and is obviously designed with that in mind. The customer support has ALWAYS been helpful and pleasant, no matter the question.

Cons

This is a bit of a learning curve, and there really is no short-cut to cleaning up databases that have long been neglected.

Heidi from Rehoboth Baptist Church

Point Person Review

I am the point person at our church for all things Realm (aka Administrator). I've been using the program for a while and have enjoyed how user friendly it is. The support folks are sharp and quick to respond to our needs... especially during our transition to this program! They were great!

Pros

Ease of use; we don't need to worry about "what happens if a computer goes down?"; great support staff; pre-defined reports; dashboard; Data base and finances are linked in same system; great easy to understand on-line search/help.

Cons

I'm still working on figuring out/getting used to how to run custom reports. I know the information is in there... I just need to make it into a lovely, easy to read, report. When they added more pre-defined reports, I was delighted.

Debra from Ardmore Baptist Church

Mostly good. Love the idea.

Pros

The admin side is pretty easy to use once set up and our staff likes it. The pictures are helpful to new staff members who may not recognize everyone yet.

Cons

I don't think the app was ready to launch. It has created multiple communications problems. The newsfeed is very confusing to our folks - they don't get the point. Some people who get email notification of new newsfeed posts tend to answer them - and others are upset that they keep getting the replies (some comments not appropriate for everyone to see).

Misty from Calvary Baptist Church

Great Software for Church Membership

Switched from using a membership database software that we had been using for many years. The improved ease and functionality we found once we switched to Realm was a breath of fresh air!!

Pros

Entering and editing member information was very easy and user friendly. Entering contributions could be fully automated with the right equipment (i.e., check scanner, etc.)

Cons

It can be a bit difficult to download reports at times. Additionally, the company is constantly updating the software. This is great because it's always being improved....but sometimes things will get moved around or will change in appearance, so it can take a few days to get used to the changes and find everything again.

Brandylyn from Calvary Lutheran Church

Strong Product

Realm checks all the boxes for me when running a small church and needing confidence in the financial documentation.

Pros

Great financial controls, easy searching, great data collection, and top-notch reports.

Cons

Some of the financial strengths of ACS software were removed in an attempt to make the software more user-friendly. ACS used to be known for great customer service and sales, now the interaction is sub-par at best. Churches that need check-in and worship service management would still need additional software.

Denise from Parkcrest Christian Church

Realm Database

So far it has been positive. Getting the whole staff on board was a process but moving along with excitement and anticipation of getting the group leaders using it as well. Rolling out to the leaders and members is a slower process than some would like but the desire to do this well is important.

Pros

Ability to get better data and statistics from the information we input. Getting the staff to all work in one database and one software program instead of having multiple sites is so much better. Doing so much of what we do from within one program.

Cons

Reports are not as easily customized as they were in ACS People. Inability to search by address like we could in ACS People.

Sue from Chino Valley United Methodist Church

Realm Church Management

Pros

To me, the most important feature of Realm is the multitude of ways it can be used for church management and record keeping. I can do mailings, emails, attendance, group tracking, contributions and pledge campaigns, reporting and many, many other features. It is very versatile and is easy and intuitive. This is a great program for any small to medium-sized church.

Cons

There are a few pre-set reports that I cannot edit. That is a feature I would like to see added.

Tracy from Unity Temple Unitarian Univers

Great!

Reliable data, easy to use and explain to members how to use. Not complete. I know the software is still a work in progress. But this means that there are always updates to read about and find out how to use the new features or changes. This all takes time to manage. Also, would like to be able to use the accounting and payroll piece of the software, but I am not 100% comfortable switching to another unfinished product.

Pros

Ability to talk with customer support easily. Support is great! Also, like the ability to make suggestions about adding features to the software.

Matthew from www.fpcfamily.com

Wonderful for a small church

We needed a way to manage membership and do it from the cloud for multiple staff in different locations and on the road

Pros

This is really intuitive and easy to use. Love having access from any internet connected computer. Also, the app is helpful. The ability to create your own data fields and customize others is great to tailor it your needs. Custom created reports are done easily!

Cons

The ability to add new info fields and set answer for all users at once would be great.

Lisa from Brookstone Church

We are happy with the product but looking forward to enhancements.

Pros

Reporting is very easy and I like that the pastors can see reports real-time and not have to ask assistants for all information. I love that it works on any device and we can access from any computer. The cost is less than what we had with People Suite, Access ACS and The City. It is rare to go to new technology and actually pay less!

Cons

Some of the features are still somewhat primitive. Event registration is nowhere near as robust as Event Registration in Access ACS. I'm looking forward to that being further developed. Also related to events, when I put someone in Event Registration, I can't turn off the email they receive saying they have registered (if I'm just tracking internally) and I can't customize the wording on that email. Searching for a group has been another frustration. There isn't a good way for someone new to the church to find a small group without having a log in. We still have to keep Access ACS up to date to use the link on our website to find a group. The City had a great small group program and was very easy to have a kiosk in the church hallway to search and even sign people up for a group.

Annette from Lawrenceville Presbyterian Church

I switched to Realm from ACS Membership several years ago.

The biggest benefit by far was the cost savings and not losing much of the functionality. We are a small congregation and being able to reduce the monthly cost of our software but still maintain the level we were accustomed to was huge.

Pros

The ease of use - the simplification. We are a small congregation and this suits our needs very well.

Cons

The reports function - since I was familiar with the previous ACS Membership module I keep wanting to do what I could before and that isn't always possible.