• Pros

• "Child check-in was a breeze. Pastoral care was very good. Very easy interface and simple design. Quick and easy to learn. Users loved it!"

• "Easy to use. I like the to ability to group members together, and to be able to mass text or email quickly."

• "Continued development, they're always adding new features. Cost is great for what you get. "

• Cons

• "Always wish for more capabilities, but what they have is great for most churches"

• "Limited reporting and database custimistion - I think that hopefully this can be improved in time but overall t he benefits far outweigh this small detail."

• "It would be great if they had it where you can change language, like spanish etc."

Browse SimpleChurch CRM Reviews

Justin from Faith Baptist Church of Skagit Valley

Very good tool

Affordable database management - organized several needs in one place (including attendance reports, online giving statements, check-in, mass contact, etc.)

Pros

Simplicity in data management for churches. This software is so easy to learn and use. Access to the information and tools via web browser or phone app is also simple and convenient.

Cons

Their options for how to use the database are limited. From time to time, we want to run a certain type of report or create a directory, but we can't do exactly what we want. Most of the time, it is close enough to be satisfied.

Wilhelmenia from Church On The Living Edge

SimpleChurch Has Made Our Lives Simple

Our over all experience is a great one. SimpleChurch is really simple to use and if you have a problem, there is someone readily available to help you. Thanks SimpleChurch.

Pros

The best thing that I love about SimpleChurch is the ease in entering and running reports. You can absolutely get all the information you are looking for at a glance. Coming from software that was not church friendly, simple really is the name of the game. We love it.

Cons

The one thing I didn't like was how hard it was to upload our contribution letter for year end. We called support and they walked us through.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleChurch CRM

Our Administrator took a look at it and asked us to review it and what we were able to do in the trial was great.

Joy from Volusia County Baptist Church

Better than Nothing

For the most part it is a good software. It will work for now.

Pros

(1) Having member information at our fingertips. (2) Combined Giving Portal that automatically populates with our members giving records. (3) Attendance records (when they work)

Cons

(1) Many times devices can't access member information. Random members will populate but not the ones we are searching for. (2) Different devices reflect different data (example: I show attendance 100 and the person standing next to me shows on 82). And yes, each of us have logged out and logged back in... nothing changes except sometimes it is worse after logging back in. (3) The Giving portal is not user friendly for the *business side. It is a waste of time and troublesome to contact each giver when they select OTHER as a giving category. All because SC will not allow there to be a fill in the blank feature when selecting OTHER. (4) Not to mention the lack of communication on the Giving Portal reports. If SC is going to take back money, it should be reflected on a report. Instead I have to submit a Support Ticket to find out why the reports don't balance with the money actually deposited. That is basic reporting-show everything. (5) Many times reports are missing. We can't close out the month on the finance side because we don't know where to apply the monies given.

Debra from Morningside Church

SimpleChurchCRM is Simple!

Amazingly satisfying.

Pros

Simple Church is just that; simple. The ease of learning the software, importing from old software, using the software....It is all clean, easy and performs exactly how we need it too. Customer support at SimpleChurch is also amazing. Whether it is a phone call, an email, or by using one of the many video tutorials, SimpleChurch is readily available to help however they can.

Cons

We have just begun looking at using the app feature. We are not too impressed that we cannot tweak the app to make it look like us, and hope that SimpleChurch changes those capabilities soon.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleChurch CRM

The simplicity and the ease of transferring information from one format to another.

Response from SimpleChurchCRM

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review, Debra! We are thrilled you love our product! Are you using the Ministry One app? We are continuing to tweak functionality so you may be able to customize it more in the coming days.

Mark from Volusia County Baptist Church

Most efficient CMS

Our visitation ministry was revitalized by using the interactions on prospects and church members. This module was probably the single most important reason I chose to choose SimpleChurch over all the other church database programs on the market.

Pros

The App is amazing! Interactions are invaluable. Attendance module is powerful. Mass contact is easy to use and effective. Giving reports are the clearest and best I have seen. We are ready to launch our child check-in in a few weeks as well as the new Ministry One App. Keep the improvements coming!!! SimpleChurch has refused to sit still and stagnate for which I am thankful.

Cons

Calendar modular had some great concepts for communicating events to department directors but its interface was awkward and somewhat stiff to put into actual use. I understand they are working to improve it. We are not using it at this time but look forward to seeing how it can be remodeled.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleChurch CRM

Interaction outreach reports, ease of operation, mobile app, YouTube tutorials, price point, attendance/absentee reports, mass contact features, child check-in, multi-level restrictions. These are some of the hardest-hitting home runs that SimpleChurch had to offer for our ministry.

Jane from CrossRoad Church

Easy to navigate / GREAT Customer Service

Smooth and as problem-free as humanly possible.

Pros

Right from the start - exporting data from our old system into Simple Church was made easy by the support staff. Customer Service is phenomenal! They made the set-up process a breeze and continue to give A+ customer service each time any of our staff have ever called. The program is easy to navigate and use daily. Even the phone app is great and makes life easier for our Care Pastor and team who are out in the field visiting sick members. Their address links to Google Maps which makes it a breeze to find their homes.

Cons

The only part I'm not 100% satisfied with are some of the reports available. Our denomination requires specific reporting and I have had to get creative in way to pull out the information that is required. Customer Service is THE BEST and they help me find ways to get what I need. However, if Simple Church discovers that other customers are having the same issues, they will make programming changes to make that report or service available in the future.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleChurch CRM

We checked out many other options (I can't remember all the specific names) but after talking with other churches using those other software companies, SC had the best personal reviews. Simple Church had the best ratings and after talking with a few of their churches currently using it, we chose them. So very glad we did!

Joshua from Rodgers Baptist Church

Lots of features for the money

Anytime we have had a problem, the support team has been quick to help us and get us moving forward.

Pros

When we decided to use SimpleChurchCRM, one of the leading factors for us was the integration of online giving with keeping donor records. We were combining two administrative positions into one, and the added features of SimpleChurch saved us weekly labor hours. The communication tools (text messaging especially) has been invaluable for our ministry. One thing I can truly say is that the developers are constantly working to improve the software. The cloud-based nature and user apps are incredible for working on the go. It helps our staff when we need to work remotely and allows our members to have instant access to an up-to-date directory.

Cons

The email writing process (for group communications) leaves room for improvement. You can’t just drop in graphics without them being on the web somewhere already and the formatting options leave a lot to be desired.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleChurch CRM

The price and features fit our needs.

Pam from Lewisport Baptist Church

SimpleChurchCRM

Was easy to learn and not overall complicated like some programs can be. At this time we have not used the database to its full capacity. We are doing more and more with it everyday.

Pros

It is easy to use. Like that all employees have access to it but can also be limited to what they are able to do in it. The software we had before everyone did not have access. Also like the feature of being able to do mass text/voice call/email. Makes it easy to reach all of our members at one time.

Cons

Don't like that to print a directory people have to be in a group. We have people in our database that don't belong to a group and they get left out.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleChurch CRM

Felt the functionality, ease and cost was good for us.

Deborah from Trinity Episcopal Church

Review requested by SimpleChurchCRM 4/2020

I honestly don't see any massive changes or business issues solved. It is asking for essentially the same information as with our former software, but more can be entered.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use. It is much like our former software but more up to date in terms of technology. Creating a directory is much nicer than our former software, once I can determine how I want it listed. Statements are quite simple to create, again in comparison to the former system. There are several options we don't use based on the size of the church, but what we do use is user friendly.

Cons

1. Having to reenter the person's name when doing the contribution breakdown each week. If they have say 4 different funds they contribute to, I need to make sure I have the correct name and the correct fund. We are a small church so this isn't a massive problem, more of an irritant. 2. The "More" button on the contribution side in order to add comments. It flashes on and off when you are trying to click on it. You think you have it for the one person and it has moved down to an empty spot. It gets in the way when trying to enter the dollar amount and opens up the comments section. Thought: create a "more" button, click on that and it opens up the comments spot instead of "chasing" the "more" button as it currently is. 3. Statements, directories, are more masculine oriented. Can't print up Mr and Mrs Jones on statements for example, it is one or the other.

Dan from Kailua Assembly of God

Giving

Pros

Mass messaging. CUSTOMER SERVICE - GOOD JOB TEAM. Probably the only reason we're still using SC-CRM.

Cons

We are close to changing from SimpleChurchCRM to Planning Center. One of the features of planning center is the option for the GIVER to opt to pay for transaction fees. HUGE PLUS! They also have ministry scheduling available. It's an ALL-IN-ONE solution. Check it out.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleChurch CRM

Recommended by a good friend.

Josh from The Grove Church

Great Resource for Churches

As I stated above, simplicity and the ability to accomplish many ministry tasks on one platform are great advantages for us.

Pros

The overall platform is very user friendly. Compared to our previous software, SimpleChurchCRM is really easy for our office staff to use. Also, they continue to integrate various features which makes it a comprehensive tool for our church that allows for data management, online giving, text/email communication, check-in, and more.

Cons

We've ran into a few issues with our kids' check-in, but those were mostly in the beginning. Support has improved since we first began using the software two years ago, and we really like the features that continue to emerge.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleChurch CRM

Simplicity of use and cost

Susan from Bible Fellowship Church

review of SimpleChurch CRM

I find it quite easy to use.

Pros

I can quickly get addresses or other information. ease of background checks.

Cons

I do not like having to download every report. Sometimes I just want to view and/or print the information without having to save it first. when contributions are entered, I would also like the giving summary to be a separate page. It would also be convenient if the report could be emailed from the program. Cannot find or review bulk emails or find out if they made it to the recipients.

Robert from East Side Grace Brethren Church

All in One Place

The SimpleChurch software is easy to use as a staff member. It took just minutes to set up our musical groups and then send communications through the software. Our members like the security of the system that requires an invite from the Administrator and the confidence it brings that only those in our church can see their information. I like that I can take photos of them and put it in their file. That way, when someone hears a name and asks "Now who is that?" they can look up the name and see their face. I believe it was a great decision to start utilizing this tool at our church.

Pros

I find I'm always using the app when going to visit members. The addresses found in the SimpleChurch app link directly to my phone's mapping software and I'm just a couple clicks away from having an active route to their house. Additionally, I can't tell you how many times a member has asked for the email or phone number of someone and, by using the app, I was able to give it to them quickly.

Cons

I have to say I am unaware of any shortcomings or suggestions for improvement for SimpleChurch. I am a staff member who uses this tool but not the Administrator who oversees the daily operation of it. She might possibly have some suggestions, but from my experience of using it, I have been well pleased!

Response from SimpleChurchCRM

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review, Robert! We are thrilled you love our product!

Judy from Little Church on the Prairie

Disappointed

I always get quick responses from the on-line support people but they often can't help, tell me that I can't do what I want to do with the software or don't seem to understand the problem. They are nice but I have been unsuccessful is solving my most pressing problems.

Pros

This software took over for a program we used for many years but was no longer supported by Microsoft. Our files were transferred over, almost seamlessly. The software was not difficult to learn and was pretty easy to use for most of our daily needs.

Cons

The data base problem that someone else mentioned, has proven to be problematic. Our biggest problem though, is in using the on-line directory function of the software. Changes made by the administrator do not automatically update on users' apps unless they reload the entire app itself. This is very frustrating for staff and parishioners alike. The Pledge function is also awkward to use and keep updated.

Melanie from Great Commission Fellowship

Great church management software!

I appreciate the programming, and the support staff. Whenever I email to ask about a feature, if it is something that is not currently available, they send it over to development for review for possible upgrades later.

Pros

Cons

I am still trying to figure out the integration with constant contact mass emails.

Price was much better.

Amber from Maranatha Church

Amazing, Innovative Software!

Pros

I find the SimpleChurch CRM software to be incredibly user-friendly! I love that ALL of the member information is at my fingertips and is easy to update. Our shepherding team uses the Interactions feature regularly to make sure they are all on the same page as far as contacting people, visiting, communicating, etc.

Cons

The only thing that we'd like to see change is that when an interaction takes place with more than one person, we'd like to be able to "tag" the spouse/child in an interaction that we've logged with a particular individual so that the interaction shows up on both people's interaction logs. It's very common for our team to visit a couple at their home. Currently, we'd have to duplicate the interaction for it to show up on both individuals' logs.

A great starting system, but low ceiling

Overall it was a good first software for us. Unfortunately we weren't able to make it work. There customer support was very kind, but always gave me the same answer of "we will have to send that to our design team" and I would never hear back. After 6 months of doing that I had to start looking into a different software for our church. I really liked the simple design and would highly recommend it to people who are just getting started in the church management software.

Pros

Cons

Too low of a ceiling. For a church that is just looking to get started this is a great software, but they were too slow with a lot of their major updates for us to continue. Administrators felt hamstrung with the way that the system ran. The things that they do they do really well, but not practical for larger churches that are looking for a more fully functional system.

Laurie from UU Church of Pensacola

User Friendly, Great Support

Pros

Easy to navigate and customize. Responsive help when needed. We are a small church of about 100 members. Most work is accomplished by volunteers and a software that's intuitive for users is important. Help section is content rich.

Cons

Product is so easy to use. Wish did not have to identify one of a two-part household as "primary"

Kevin from Gospel Truth Pentecostal Church of Spring

Great overall solution for church management

We have really needed to rely on tech support but any interaction I have had with this company have been nothing but good.

Pros

I like the ease of organizing families and finances in one place.

Cons

I can't think of a thing I dislike about this product.

Chris from Freedom Baptist Church

Invaluable software for our church

It has eliminated the need for a printed church directory, since nearly all members have the ability to download and use the software.

Pros

We like the ease of use in finding and keeping up with church members once the initial information is put in.

Cons

Not able to keep certain easy-to-use schedules (like last week, Monday-Sunday, etc.) available in the giving reports module. We have to go in and change dates every week, both for online, offline, and total giving. More presets would be a great help.

Marcia from St. John Mennonite Church

Great product and customer service.

Overall very happy.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and it allows us to communicate efficiently with our congregation.

Cons

I would like to see a platform within the product that would allow volunteers to select times they can volunteer. The current way it is set up, the volunteer must be asked then reject before another can be invited, versus all volunteers can see the available time slots at the same time, and sign ups can be first come first serve style.

Gregory from Christ United Fellowship Orlando

Just My Thoughts

Pros

What I enjoy most about SimpleChurchCRM is how well it integrates our online giving and our database. I find the ability to produce reports on giving, attendance very helpful. Furthermore, I like the ability to mass communicate (text, email) and the ability for members to update their information.

Cons

Sometimes the latest updates take a while to reach our system. The pricing system can be confusing at times.

Richard from Iglesia CAFE

Great Software

Our experience with Simple Church has been amazing, their giving software as well as the reliability of the management software is amazing. Very easy to use, and very easy to create flows and followups, groups etc.

Pros

Simple Church is a very easy but powerful software that it works great with any size church.

Shana from First Christian Church

SimpleChurchCRM makes daily work easy!

Connectivity and ability to update on-the-spot make SC the best choice for our congregation.

Pros

Ease of use and availability to our congregation

Cons

Integration was time-consuming, but we didn't have anything more than a spreadsheet before using SC. The time spent to set up SC was well worth it.

Darren from FPC of Jennings

Great software for the price

Very good experience

Pros

We like that we have email and text abilities build into the software. We also like that we can do attendance with it.

Cons

The attendance part could be a little better as for as adding visitors or guest when using the touch attendance from an iPad.

Jennifer from Oil & Energy

Software for a Happy Church Secretary

Pros

The ease of use of SimpleChurch has been so amazing for me. The mobile app allows me to even keep up with my work and events from anywhere. I can easily group our members on a number of characteristics to make contacting certain groups easier. The software's reporting system is excellent too, providing regular attendance reports and reports of members to whom we need to reach out for whatever reason.

Great product for the cost, perfect for most churches

Stephanie from Faith Baptist Church

Simple Church

Pros

I like that it is simple to use and follow. I can easily find the information I need.

Cons

I don’t have anything bad to say about it. I use it often and like it a lot.

Karen from Vertical Church

Works for our purposes

Our goal was for multiple people to be able to record their own small group attendance in a way that the admin could easily monitor. This works perfectly!

Pros

It’s easy for our multiple small groups to use.

Cons

Sometimes new users struggle to get logged in but once they figure it out, it runs smoothly.

Patrick from new hope oahu

Great features and loved how it helped connect people.

The ability to connect and to have automated systems to make sure people didn't fall through the cracks.

Pros

I liked that it had lots of features that were really helpful for our church and it was reasonably priced.

Cons

There were some challenges getting used to the software. It was a little bit of a challenge on boarding our staff.

Randy from Summit Church

Great tool

This software makes it easy to track donors and trends in giving.

Pros

We have found simple church to be a great tool for our congregation. It is easy to operate and easy for new people to learn.

Shekinah from Holy Tabernacle Ministries

Great Tool For Mass Contact

Great!

Pros

I particularly like how easy the software is to use. The app puts mass contact at my finger tips.

Cons

I would like to message/contact individuals without having to create a new distribution and also have a way to track to visitors without creating a member profile for them.

Lesa from The Anchor Church

Love this program

Great software. I have had a good experience with this program.

Pros

This program is easy to get around in. Very user friendly!! I like the features that it has. I do attendance each week for a certain age group in my church.

Cons

I haven't seen anything I don't like about this program

Travis from HSCC

Best Church Software

Pros

The ease of use and the support staff was the key selling point for using this software. We tried several others but we went with SimpleChurch for the above mentioned features.

Cons

We like the integrated pay features but would like to see this area enhanced more in future releases.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleChurch CRM

Ease of use and the support staff was the key selling point for choosing your software

September 2014

Jason from Thomasville Road Baptist church

September 2014

Finally! A church membership database I can use!

Our church had been on Shelby for years. Being a mac user, logging on to a virtual machine to use Shelby had become laborious. Not to mention the fact that once in Shelby it took so many steps to just look up a phone number! Keeping track of groups, attendance taking and mass contact were difficult too. Simple Church CRM has made all of the things I want to do with my contacts extremely easy, and having that data accessible from the web and on my iPhone have made a huge difference in how often I find myself using the database. Pros: Easy to use, accessible from any web-enabled machine, powerful search, and effective at what I need it to do. Cons: None. In some ways it will feel like there's "not much to it" compared to the complexity of a program like Shelby with all of its feature-creep. But after just a few days with it even the most resistant to change find it capable of doing everything they need and more, except with a LOT less work and stress.

Dedric from New Beginnings UMC

Good product

Pros

I like the ease of entering data and searching for that data.

Cons

The interface can be somewhat confusing at times.

Andy from The Point Community Church

Tremendous Asset to the Ministry

People don't inhibit the ministry- they are the ministry. As pastors and leaders of churches, our task is to connect and shepherd people to Jesus. In order to perform our charge, we must know people and have a means to quickly and efficiently get in touch with people. Simple Church CRM has become this for us. We can track the information of our members, attenders, and visitors in an extremely easy format. Communication is such a vital part of ministry and this service allows us to communicate with individuals, teams, or groups of people in a matter of seconds- even through a smartphone. I believe every ministry, in our expression of the church uses Simple Church on some level: Children's Ministry (check-in), Community Groups (attendance), Finance Team (tracking giving), and our Elders (contacting and reporting). It really has been beneficial for us and to the work of making disciples.

Marley from Encouraging Embellishments

A great app, simple to use

Pros

I really like how easy it is to find other members of our church to be able to connect with them. I love that I can check my kids in easily, as well as use it to give our tithe (which saves us money by not having to use a check each week). It is secure and efficient.

Cons

So far, I have not found anything that I do not like about this software. The only downside is when church members are not signed up, but that is not the fault of the app.

Michael from Calvary Baptist Church

It lives up to its name!

Over the past 5 years, we have gone through 3 CHRM platforms. The others were clunky, hard to operate, and looked like they had been developed for Windows 95. We have recently made the switch to SimpleChurch and couldn't be any happier with it. It is powerful but simple. My favorite feature personally is the "Interactions" feature which allows for very thorough guest follow-up. As we have made the switch, the technical support team has been great. I wish we would have made the switch to SimpleChurch years ago.

Tami from St. Timothy's Church

It was great for getting our church started!

Pros

Easy to set up and administer. IT was a good software for getting us started with our first CRM.

Cons

Price points, especially for adding individuals to the CRM.

Response from SimpleChurchCRM

Replied April 2020

Hi Tami! Thank you for your review. Since you posted, we've added a ton of new features! We have volunteer scheduling, improved reporting, a member health dashboard, and more. Additionally, although we charge per member, every Elexio Community plan includes our full suite of features, plus you get 1000 free text messages per month and the MinistryOne mobile app included. Please check out our new features and contacts us if you have any questions!

This software meets its goals hands down

Pros

Integrations with mail chimp, IOS native and ability to have many volunteers in the church use the software to perform their functions in serving god are wonderful. God bless you

Cons

Church tracking made simple!

My overall experience has been good. This platform has helped me realize the importance of effective contact and follow-up to help increase retention in my Church.

Pros

What I liked most about this platform is the ease of use. Being able to create/edit on my phone and computer makes keeping our database up to date a lot easier. I have also appreciated the cross-platform integrations. It helps keep the information consistant and easy to access.

Cons

At the price point in comparison with its competition, I wish this platform could offer more features. Maybe something like volunteer scheduling management or online giving.

Thoughts on SimpleChurchCRM

It is a good software to organize your membership information and share it among your staff.

Pros

I like that the software is web-based. You can access the program from anywhere to get information.

Cons

I don't like how the family members are connected. I have used other software that is easier to use regarding connecting individuals to families.

SimpleChurch Review

Overall, there are better platforms than SimpleChurch. It worked well enough, but

Pros

This software allows you to enter visitor information and member information for church staff to easily access. It acts as a directory. You can also track giving records and attendance. The best feature allowed you to break up people into groups, making it easier for certain leaders to contact people.

Cons

In my experience, it was buggy and lacked support.

Angie from Freedom Baptist Church

April 2015

SimpleChurch what a help!

Freedom Baptist Church has been using SimpleChurchCRM since 2012. We have a new pastor and SimpleChurch was a godsend to him with learning the people in the congregation, the maps to help him find their homes and the interaction function. As Office Manager and Financial Administrative Assistant, online giving, individual giving records and reports are a great help to me. The monthly fees are well worth the cost when compared to the amount of time that SimpleChurchCRM saves.

Nate from Summersville Christian

Manageable

I've been needing a product to help with the needs of the church. This product is worth the price and features. When comparing to other softwares it was a top choice.

cecilio from Iglesisa Cristiana Ebenezer

Review of Simple Church

So far so good.

Pros

The ability to prepare your membership database in a way that makes your reporting and use of information easier.

Cons

At the beginning it may seem complicated. It gets easier as you get your hands into it.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleChurch CRM

Bundle product at a great price

Aussie

Response from SimpleChurchCRM

Replied April 2020

Hi Aussie, I'm sorry you were unsatisfied with our product. Since you posted, we've added a ton of new features! We have volunteer scheduling, improved reporting, a member health dashboard, and more. We do hope you'll give us another try. We have a free 60-day trial right now.