• Pros

• "The ease of use and UX is great. Easy to get app updated pushed to all users and build out was a breeze!"

• "Excellent design and functionality. Easy for the user to navigate. Easy for the client to customize (within various templates)."

• "It looks so fresh, clean, modern, and engaging. Looks incredibly professional and our students love it. It is pretty easy to organize and create content within the web builder."

• Cons

• "Sometimes navigating menus and figuring out which link/list i'm using can be difficult. The fill-in notes is a nice feature, but I wish there was a way to track who uses that particular bit. "

• "With every good product, there is setup. Subsplash has helped greatly, but it still takes a good amount of effort on our end. That can be difficult for a church without a designated tech guy."

• "There really isn't much we dislike. It's everything we need and literally nothing that we don't."

Browse Subsplash Reviews

Richard from Glencairn Mennonite Brethren Church

Solid choice for connecting your church family!

Pros

Once you get used to the dashboard settings, it is surprising how creative you can get with the design of the app, without sacrificing a professional look. We love the many available features such as developing a custom Bible reading plan, accessing our Google Calendar of events, and the ability to quickly and easily give online. We've taken advantage of the Media server, and upload all our messages, complete with PowerPoint Slides, Sermon Notes and Bible Study curriculum. It is a significant tool for our church family to not only stay in touch with what's happening at the church, but to assist them in their discipleship journey with reading and study. I also give Subsplash top marks for their technical support. I receive very quick and helpful replies, always delivered with a friendly attitude.

Cons

The software seems to be fairly robust, but it is a bit slow in starting up, and there is a slight delay when making updates. There is a bit of a learning curve in understanding the Dashboard. I feel the team has done a great job in general at making it as accessible as possible, but there are still a couple of things that I would not consider intuitive (such as working with the menu system, lists, and media series). The custom Bible reading feature is great, but I wish we had access to other translations beyond ESV.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Hello, Richard. We are thankful for your kind review and feedback. It is an honor to serve you and Glencairn Mennonite Brethren Church!

Jeremy from Wyandotte Family Church

Great value and simple to use

Overall though I would recommend Subsplash. What you receive for the cost makes the purchase worth it. It is simple to navigate and well designed. Subsplash giving also makes it simple for people to give one time or set up recurring giving.

Pros

Subsplash is an easy to use app company that specializes in churches. Subspash provides the framework so all you need to do is add the content and pictures. If you do not have the staff or ability to build your own app, this is a worthwhile solution. The greatest aspect of this app is how easy it is to access sermons. It allows you to watch the sermon on video, listen to the audio (even with a black screen while you exercise) and even download notes or a take home page all within the same location.

Cons

The one aspect of the app that is least desirable is the calendar feature. It only provides a daily calendar and does not give you the option to view weekly or monthly. Obviously, it makes scrolling down a month or two in advance difficult. We also have a glitch in our app that has not been able to be fixed by Subsplash. When you open up our calendar in the app, it shows an old date as the first event. After multiple contacts with Subsplash they were not able to figure out why the date won't erase which is disappointing.

Response from Subsplash

Replied December 2019

Hello, Jeremy. We are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you. We appreciate this opportunity to grow!

Chris from The River Church

Good but Pricey

Customer service is great. Not usually able to directly speak with technicians but on the billing and basic questions side, someone was almost always available.

Pros

Cons

The cost of the app was pretty high. Especially since there is very little customization apart from text and images. Anything that I wanted to develop or add I either had to find a workaround (build a website to load within the app) or just not have. Got frustrating after a while.

Reasons for Choosing Subsplash

I ended up developing my own app and cancelled by Subplash subscription.

Response from Subsplash

Replied December 2019

Hello, Chris. We are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you. We appreciate this opportunity to grow!

Customer Support Doesn't Really Care

I was introduced to Subsplash through the church I am working with to design their website and app. They had been trying for months to do it on their own with Subsplash but said they were having a hard time getting anything going. I learned the platform and setup the app to be submitted to Google and Apple according to Subsplash's checklist and once I submitted the app I had to follow up with Subsplash 2 weeks later to see if anything else needs to be done (Subsplash states it would only take up to 10 days to get a response if anything needed to be changed). They told me changes were needed so I fixed the issues and resubmitted. 2 more weeks went by and I called in to express my frustrations about how I have to follow up to find out if anything is going on and when I emailed was told by one agent that nothing needed to be done since they submitted it to Apple, then was told by another agent that same day that changes were needed and they hadn't submitted it to Apple yet. I was understandably over it all so after consulting with the church we decided that for the money we were paying monthly to have Subsplash's help we would end our contract with them. I have had many phone calls with agents and there has still been no resolution. Rep said she would follow up with me the day after our last phone call and that was 2 weeks ago. There is a lot more that has occurred with this company but due to the word limit I cannot detail it all. Horrible experience.

Pros

Once you learn the platform it looks good overall.

Cons

It took some time to learn the platform and you can't easily swap images or information out. Customer support doesn't really seem to care or know what's going on with your account. Have had multiple situations where customer support said they would follow up and then I'd never hear from them again.

Response from Subsplash

Replied July 2019

Hello! Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. Our Support team would love to discuss this with you. Please reach out to them at support@subsplash.com. We are committed to serving you and helping find a resolution!

Lee from Meadowbrook Church

Hands Down, the best Church App Builder!

The best. We've looked at other options, and none compare. We use Subsplash are our builder for our mobile app (iOS and Google Play devices), as well as their Web player feature to showcase all kinds of media content on our website.

Pros

The best thing about Subsplash is that they always keep developing. Too many companies develop a product, but then stop implementing new features or updates. Subsplash continually rolls out new options and add-ons which make it so easy to stay with them. On top of that, the support (quality and response time) is second to none.

Cons

At face value, the client dashboard could be slightly more user-intuitive. I didn't realize this until I had to train a co-worker and heard their questions. However, once you get familiar with it, navigating it becomes second nature.

Response from Subsplash

Replied December 2019

We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, Lee! We are honored to partner with you and the team at Meadowbrook Church!

Emma from Duke Catholic Center

Unbeatable (as far as I've found)

Just an excellent experience overall. They genuinely care about you as a client and help you address any issues you might have. The platform is easy to work with and quite flexible for our needs. Our students love to use the app and appreciate the modern feel of it. (Especially compared to other free or low-cost apps we've tried having before.)

Pros

Easy to use. Super clean and understandable user interface. Pretty good customer support response-wise. Actually very friendly and warm employees and support staff. An excellent experience working with them!

Cons

It IS pricey for many ministries. At least as far as Catholic churches or campus ministries go, they don't have as much money to spend on communication tools as larger protestant churches. But I still recommend Subsplash to all my colleagues nonetheless.

Response from Subsplash

Replied September 2019

We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, Emma! We are honored to partner with you and the team at Duke Catholic Center.

Dylan from Emmanuel FWB Church

Great App product!

Pros

Subsplash gets our church information out in a clean and professional manner. The app makes it very easy to put information directly in the hands of our church members.

Cons

Response from Subsplash

Replied July 2019

We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, Dylan! We are honored to partner with you!

Jeremy from Watermark Wesleyan Church

Subsplash Review

Overall my experience has been great, with a platform that is constantly updating and adding new features.

Pros

Subsplash is an incredibly intuitive platform that allows organizations to host custom mobile apps with ease.

Cons

Subsplash overall is a great platform that I currently wouldn't have any negative feedback to provide for.

Response from Subsplash

Replied October 2019

Jeremy, we are honored to partner with you and are stoked to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform. Thanks!

Tyler from ONEeighty Church

Amazing!

Pros

With a bit a creativity and some graphic knowledge, you can make an amazing app using Subsplash! the creative control I have over our app is great, and our possibilities are endless.

Cons

The only really "Con" I can think of is that there isn't just a simple way to add text to an app. Everything is graphic based so to work around this is to make a graphic of just text and insert it that way. That's really not a big deal, but would be a nice feature.

Response from Subsplash

Replied December 2019

Thanks so much for the kind words, Tyler! It is an honor to serve you and ONEeighty Church!

Jimmy from Relevant Community Church

Easy to use mobile app

Pros

We use sub splash for our mobile app platform. It is easy to design, easy to use, easy to edit and update on the fly. For anyone wanting to find a mobile app platform that almost anyone can manage, sub splash is the way to go. It helps our community stay engaged with our church. We advertise our app every week and trust it to do its work. We love the google cast and airplay feature as many from our church cast it to their TV's.

Cons

It seems that it might be directed mostly toward the church community, but expanding the platform to cater to other non profits might be helpful.

Response from Subsplash

Replied September 2019

Thanks so much for the kind words, Jimmy! It is an honor to serve you and the Relevant Community Church team!

Josiah from Faith Chapel

Is Subsplash worth the trouble?

Often times I was already faced with a daunting task like... upload previous podcasts to a podcast tab on the app. We had dozens and dozens of them to upload. Then we had graphics to go along with those podcasts as well as descriptions. It was a lot of work to begin with. Getting the run-around with navigating through the app was the last thing we needed. One major issue I noticed was when submitting or saving your work, the interface wouldn't just naturally take you to the next step...I would have to often circle back to the home page, click on a particular button then another then another to get to the next step. We're having to wait for 3 or 4 pages to load to get to a page that should have been the next natural step for what we were doing. Making the job take that much longer. Overall, after many many months of working with Subsplash I figured out how some things work and even though it was always longer than it needed to be, it was the best I had so I just made it work. I still have no other persons familiar enough with the app's dashboard to do what I do. I feel stuck doing it. If it was simple, I know I would have many other teams that could step up to manage this. But the difficulty level just made it too daunting. It was ok to get started...but we're currently getting rid of Subsplash and moving to another app platform. I'm hoping it'll be a much easier app to manage.

Pros

What I liked most about this software was the fact that it was my first experience customizing an app. My initial thoughts was the excitement of our church having an app that everybody could use. Instead of always updating social media pages or websites...it would be even more readily accessible to them by simply being an app on their phone or tablet. I thought subsplash was as good as it gets simply because it was all I knew. It had little bugs and looked clean.

Cons

It was very difficult to figure out how to manage. I spent hours and hours trying to get familiar with the user-interface (the backend of subsplash) Some things were simple...but there were many other portions of the app that was very complicated. A massive part of my job is replicating what I do into other people. Subsplash was so difficult to grasp that I had little confidence I could get anybody else to figure out how to manage the app for their particular department. There was only 1 other person at our church that worked on the back end of Subsplash. He did just about everything for the church and then I managed my particular department. Every single time I wanted to try something new, or when I wanted to change something, it was hunting down YouTube tutorials or guess-work on how to get something done.

Response from Subsplash

Replied October 2019

Hello, Josiah. We are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you. We would like to let you know that we have a Knowledge Center full of helpful articles and how-tos meant for troubleshooting: https://support.subsplash.com/hc/en-us. Also, never hesitate to reach out to Support at support@subsplash.com. We appreciate this opportunity to grow!

Larry from CapeFirst Church

Subsplash-Overall Review

The package has increased our online giving. The app is easy to use, the user can schedule an automatic transfer on a weekly, monthly or whatever basis. It's also been mostly "error free." I've had very, very few issues administrating this program.

Pros

It's pretty user friendly all in all. I had very little formal training on the administration of this software package, but could maneuver and find most everything I've needed. The associated app is equally user friendly. Overall, the software works and works well.

Cons

This may be an across the board issue with online giving software packages, but...there is a "lag" between the time a person makes a contribution and the time it shows up in our bank. They send one weekly batch transfer (Wednesdays). This batch will not include EVERY contribution made the prior week. In fact, it doesn't even have all the contributions made up to 2+ weeks prior. So, again, there is a lag issue. A giver may make a contribution on the 1st day of a month, but it won't get transmitted to our bank until 2 weeks later. I know this is due to how online banking functions work though I don't understand the details. All I know is I would rather get ALL of our contributions in a more timely fashion.

Response from Subsplash

Replied September 2019

Hello, Larry. We are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you. We appreciate this opportunity to grow!

Brent from CedarCreek Church

Subsplash makes mobile apps easy!

Pros

We've used Subsplash for our church's app for years now. Here's the deal, while other custom app builders may be appealing to not lock you into a box on design, no one will give you the support staff or custom attention like these guys. They DO offer many templates and such for mobile apps, so the box is large, but it is still a template based system (box). But if you don't want to custom code your own app, you are going to land in a box somewhere. This is the best I've seen yet. On top of that, they have giving platforms, podcast platforms, etc... and if you need something they don't have, just ask! They are open to feedback and have (numerous times) created solutions that didn't exist before because we asked for them. Great people. Great products.

Cons

If I have to find a negative here, I'd say... the mobile app templates are totally usable and such, but aren't the prettiest or most custom in the world. Admittedly this is probably on us for not spending more time on ours. :-P I've seen some great apps on the platform and a large portion of ours not being stellar is on us.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Brent, thank you so much for the kind words! It's our pleasure serving you and your team.

Karen from Elmbrook Church

Custom app quality without the hassles

We decided 3 years ago to create an app for our church to enhance the weekend service experience, and to expand our outreach to the global audience of app users. Subsplash enabled us to do both at a very reasonable price. We had an ambitious vision for the functionality that would be included, so we originally considered using a custom app developer. But ultimately we landed on Subsplash because of the great work they had done for other large church clients. I am SO glad we did. Our experience has been excellent. If you are a church, I recommend their app product without reservation.

Pros

Subsplash gives us a top quality app product at a price point that is doable for churches. They do all the work behind the scenes to continually improve the user experience and submit updates to all the major app platforms. They are constantly rolling out new features. Our congregation especially loves the Fill-In Notes feature. It has enabled us to provide the message outline each week, with space to type in your own notes. The online dashboard is easy to use; we are able to have a volunteer make all the weekly updates to the message library and outlines.

Cons

Working within a template structure, by definition, limits the functionality and layout options available. While we are unable to incorporate all the bells and whistles we'd like, Subsplash has been responsive to our requests and factored them into some of their updates.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review, Karen! We are so glad to hear that you and Elmbrook Church are delighted by the Subsplash Platform.

Heather from Believers Church

Review of Subsplash/The Church App

Overall we have been very pleased with our ongoing relationship with Subsplash. When I first began working with Subsplash, years ago, they were a fairly small company; I felt very important and really cared for as we set up our app. Over the past 12-18 months, I've really noticed a change in that type of care. I'm not naive to think that as they've grown they would be able to maintain the same level of guidance. However, I miss it and sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed and/or lost...like I'm not able to keep up or take advantage of updates in technology, maximizing user experience, etc.

Pros

What I like most about Subsplash is that it allows us to regularly engage both those who attend our church and those who have never set foot on our campus.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that I can't delete images that I upload. I know that may seem a little odd, but I wish there was a way to archive/organize uploaded images.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Hello, Heather. We're thankful for your kind words and thoughtful feedback. We're committed to serving you and the team at Believers Church.

Austin from EX Church

Subsplash for your Apps

Overall, Subsplash is a great product to help you and your organization keep up with the times, especially in this fast-paced world we currently live in. They have the ability to help you create and link a phone apps and websites together along with other third party sites and/or software to help you achieve your marketing goals for your organization.

Pros

Subsplash is pretty user-friendly and you have the ability to manage many features of your app, your website, even our church's giving platform all through Subsplash, and it integrates very well across devices.

Cons

There was a point in time where we struggled to get updates for our app but Subsplash was very good at handling our needs and helped us get everything moving again.

Reasons for Choosing Subsplash

We had a working relationship already with Subsplash at the time and it was easier to keep everything consistent. Also, Subsplash seems to offer more freedom with creativity for our website and app.

Response from Subsplash

Replied September 2019

We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, Austin!

Michelle from Faith Family Church

Easy to use with great customer service.

Since most people use and have their smart phones with them, this app has made our communication and connections with our member easy for them and us. The Subsplash team understands our goals and help us to reach those goals. We have had the best experience working with this company.

Pros

The great customer service and the ease at which we can update and add items. There are training videos to help you through the process, and a responsive team that answers all our questions. Because of this app and how well it works our members have easy access to podcasts, documents, giving, important links and updates we need to communicate.

Cons

We wish they had an event registration/purchase feature for this product. We would like to have all online money payments to be under one umbrella and having an event registration would accomplish that goal.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the kind words! It is our pleasure serving you, Michelle.

Jesse from Heart of the City, Inc.

Excellence In Every Way

My favorite thing about Subsplash is that on top of an incredible dashboard to build and customize our app, they have the best customer service I have ever experienced. Furthermore, the team at Subsplash is engaged with our organization at just the right level to be able to most effectively come along side us and add value to what we're doing. I am so thankful for all that Subsplash has done for us. I'm actually tempted to give them more money than what they're asking for!

Pros

The software is VERY intuitive. There are just the right amount of options to build and customize an app and the layout makes it incredibly easy to navigate.

Cons

The way the photos are laid out when selecting from previously uploaded photos is not the most efficient.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Jesse, we are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform and the service you are receiving. We are honored to partner with you and the team at Heart of the City!

Caylon from The Genesis Project Slidell

A Solid App for your Church

The folks at Subsplash/The Church App have been great to work with. They are easy to get in touch with, and do a great job guiding you through the process of building your app, and troubleshooting along the way. Additionally there are regular feature updates and additions that tell you they are a company interesting in progress and maximizing the potential of their product.

Pros

The ease of use makes this app a no brained. The dashboard feature is simple, intuitive, and easy to navigate. It makes uploading your graphics, entering content, and arranging your app a snap!

Cons

There arent really any cons that stick out to me. But one thing I would love to see happen is the inclusion of iPad access with the basic package.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks, Caylon! We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, and we are honored to partner with you!

Joseph from Calvary Chapel Vero Beach

Great Support

Occasionally, there are glitches or bugs that interfere with the App operating well. However, theyre Ishtar on top of it...many times even fixing it before Im aware of it.

Pros

Subsplash made putting our church App together a breeze! Every step of the way they were there supporting me. Even after it was established they had competent, helpful and especially pleasant staff guiding me through upgrades and more! I couldnt even think about doing this without their help!

Cons

Not much, if any, as they are open to working on and implementing suggestions into the software. Only thing Id like better is to have a choice of Bible versions (NKJV) instead of just one (ESV).

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review, Joseph! It is an honor to serve you and the Calvary Chapel Vero Beach team!

Elizabeth from SonShine Network Ministries

Easy to Use

The Subsplash team is awesome. They are so helpful every time we reach out to them and they are always improving on the software adding more features and making it better. The best part is that you can tell it is a ministry for them as well. They are Kingdom minded and have even prayed with me over the phone for our ministry!

Pros

What I like most about the Subsplash software is that it is so easy to use and integrates the video into our existing website. I don't have any training in web design, but I was able to create an app for our ministry that is functional and people use it everyday.

Cons

I don't see any cons to this software. We have found that it meets all our needs.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, Elizabeth! We are honored to partner with you and SonShine Network Ministries.

Anthony from Calvary Chapel Worship Center

A Happy Subsplash user

Though the subsplash church app we are able to streamline our verbal communication and not make a bunch of announcements we can simply say down load the church app. We have realized increased giving as well

Pros

The giving module is amazing and has revolutionized the way we receive offerings. Not only is the method amazing it has also increased overall giving with in our congregation. Also the app does a great job of packaging and communicating information. Our people are hungry for our content and the subsplash app has been a great conduit for that content

Cons

The thing that we like least about subsplash is the back end of the app. It could be more user friendly and organized better

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the review. It's an honor to serve you and the church, Anthony!

Clean app without hiring a developer

Pros

I really like that with Subsplash I can make the app truly my own by designing all of my images to stay within my brand. The interface is clean and once a user is past the initial learning stages, weekly updates and repeat tasks become a breeze. Customer service is quick to respond and help as they can.

Cons

I signed up with Subsplash a couple years ago, and since then they have added new features. unfortunately, I am unable to take advantage of these features as the pricing structure has changed and I can't justify paying the higher prices. When I initially signed up I thought the price was a little high, but felt that an app was needed and knew that paying a developer is very expensive. But I had hoped some of the features they said were upcoming would still be included in my top-tier package. Now my package is not top tier, and I can't spend the money for other features. I still like my app and plan to stick with Subsplash!

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the our dashboard interface and customer service. We are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you.

Howard from Lighthouse Mission Outreach Inc.

Subsplash APP developing software review

Being a company that is Christ centered is a huge plus. We are all working towards the same goal. I looked at many other companies that allow you to develop apps but most were not again, Christ centered so would allow porn apps and other things to be made which I did not want our Ministry to be part of.

Pros

We wanted to develope an APP for a long time. There were many specific things that we needed for our app but at the time Subsplash nor other companies for that matter were able to accomplish. Fast forward a few years, Subsplash having the mindset to be forward thinkers and technology catching up, they were able to meet our needs. Since then we have been very pleased to have our app hosted through them. They are easy to work with, constantly developing new aspects for the app and have good support. All things that you want from a company.

Cons

There are always things that we would like to do that cannot be done yet, but we add them to the feature request list and hopefully, eventually they will develop the ability do do it.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Hello, Howard! It is an honor to serve you and the church. Thanks for the kind remarks!

Joshua from Calvary Church w/ Ed Taylor

Subsplash is Gold

I greatly enjoy their attention to detail and ability to stay current. I would and do actively recommend them to others.

Pros

The ability to go in and make immediate changes is an amazing feature. The ease of use makes using subsplash very simple and allows you to train others quickly. They are clean on the front end and back end which not only allows for a wider creative capability but also helps you stay up to date and motivated to do so.

Cons

At times the bugs in the updates can be major and delay internal projects, it also has a tendency to look very similar to other organizations who use their platform.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Hello, Joshua. We are thankful for your feedback and are honored to partner with you!

Daniel from Christian Church of Jasper Inc.

Subsplash Thoughts

Subsplash has been excellent to deal with. Their customer support is good. I don't always like having to schedule an appointment to call for support, but, that's the world we live in. Subspaslh has been able to roll with changes put on them by Apple, etc. and has been able to convey those changes to the client well.

Pros

Cons

It is rather expensive, but you get value from the app, in terms of users and usage. The dashboard can occasionally stop saving, but a refresh will clear that up.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Daniel, we are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you and the Christian Church of Jasper. Thanks for the thoughtful review!

Vicki from Fairview Road Church of Christ

Experience on Two Ends

Pros

I have two involvements with the software: (1) I upload our church's Sunday sermons to the App, and (2) I use the App as a church member. Regarding the first - I like that the process has been hassle-free and that it has resulted in creating a wonderful on-line sermon library. As an App user, it puts a world of resources at my fingertips without having to log onto our website.

Cons

There probably should be a least, but there isn't.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks, Vicki! We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform. It is and honor to partner with you and the team at Fairview Road Church of Christ

Randy from Clanton First Assembly of God

Great but not perfect

Great company that offers a great product with friendly, helpful, knowledgeable support staff

Pros

Their mobile app is second to none. That is by far their greatest strength. All their features are very user friendly, simple functions which allow you to learn the procedures quickly. Very helpful and friendly tech support

Cons

They are still a very young company so some of their products are still in the developmental stages. Their website for instance as well as their on-line giving platform lacks some needed features. Scheduling a tech support call is sometimes a pain because their availability is often limited for a day or two out.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks so much for the kind review, Randy! We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform.

Michael from Desert Vineyard Church

Easy and innovative

Subsplash is continuing to grow their product lines and features and we continue to buy into the new things they are doing. We love their app, its easy to use and learn, highly functional and on the frontlines of creativity. We have loved the app so much, we are moving our Church to their website software from Wordpress, because it to is easy to use and highly functional. Its easy to make the transition especially because their support staff and availability is stellar!

Pros

Easy to learn/use Great tech support Innovative, leading the way creatively Highly functional and adaptive Built with Church life in mind

Cons

Events/Calendaring need recurring events

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Hello, Michael. We are thankful for your kind words and thoughtful feedback. We are honored to partner with you!

Matt from Restoration

Subsplash is my app crush

They are a wonderful company and their employees are incredibly helpful and eager to make our app/website the best it can be! We love subsplash and recommend them to everyone!

Pros

Subsplash is so user friendly for everyone on our team. From the app to the website they have built us a beautiful online presence.

Cons

Some of the connectivity to other companies we use can be frustrating.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

We are so happy that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, Rabbi Matt! We are honored to partner with you and the Restoration team!

Erik from Bethany Baptist Church

why not just use a responsive website?

Pros

The dashboard interface is user friendly and relatively easy to navigate. You can enter a calendar feed so you don't have to update another calendar separately. They are adding some new location based notification features that sound kinda fun, but haven't looked into what they cost.

Cons

I generally only download apps if they have a feature that I can't get through the website. I have apps for messaging, taking pictures, and locating family. I have an app for my credit union so I can deposit checks. But, I don't quite get this one. We put the same content on it that we also want to put on the website, and I've found our regular website generally loads faster than the app, at least on my phone. Apparently, people are using it (wish there were more stats available about usage), but honestly I only open it to check and make sure it looks right.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your feedback, Erik! We are committed to better serving you and the Kingdom.

Basil from House of the Lord, FGC

Great software platform - Great Company to deal with!

Just love the product and the company!

Pros

It delivers... in all our areas of need. Dynamic website embeds have made a huge impact and reduced our website maintenance significantly.

Cons

The monthly cost is quite high for us in developing countries where there is NOT a favorable US$ exchange rate. A fixed local rate would really work for us!

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks so much for the kind review, Basil! It is an honor to serve you and the team at House of the Lord.

Great end product

Pros

The end product is great, that is what people open up on their smart device. I love that Subsplash keeps adding new features.

Cons

It takes some time to get up to speed on using the software, and it takes more time than they tell you to keep everything updated and current. Also, the cost is pretty steep for us, and it looks like they want to increase the price with more added features. Still, so far it's worth it to us to keep up with Subsplash because the end product is very nice.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Brian from Calvary Chapel Chattanooga

Simply the best out there.

Subsplash has always been quick to respond to any questions and have worked with me to find great solutions to any ideas I've had. Love that team!

Pros

Subsplash is VERY easy to use and the design options are simple and attractive. They give you plenty of design control, but also the ability to keep things streamlined. Their website feature is fantastic as well!

Cons

I'd love it if they had the ability to have a current "bulletin" feature directly through the app.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks, Brian! We are so glad to hear that you and the Calvary Chapel team are delighted by the Subsplash Platform!

Gottfried from CZA

Excellent tool

Subsplash helps us to accomplish our vision and to communicate to our audience online and offline. It is a premium tool to engage community and to communicate.

Pros

The easy connection and interaction with the church community

Cons

There is nothing i do not like about subsplash.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks so much for the kind words, Gottfried! It is an honor to serve you and your team.

Andrew from The LifeWay Church

Subsplash Church Ap

Pros

I love how they are constantly improving the features. It is easy to use and makes managing our podcast seamless across our website, app and iTunes.

Cons

At this point, I don't really have any dislikes about the software. The original learning curve to get our app setup was a little difficult.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the review, Andrew!

John from Crossroads Church

Subsplash

Very handy program. Very nice team.

Pros

Subsplash is great because everything I need is in one place. Events. Sermon uploads / disk space. Notifications.

Cons

You must wait until your media item is uploaded and processing to select "Auto Publish."

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, John!

Super responsive team and frequent updates

Pros

Customer service is very responsive and takes your feedback into consideration. The software is easy to use responsive. It's supported on a number of different platforms.

Cons

The forms are a bit lacking in customization and there are new features that require additional payment to unlock on top of the existing subscription cost, which is annoying.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

We're so glad to hear that you're delighted by the Subsplash Platform, and we appreciate your feedback.

Lann from Hillsdale Baptist Church

A great mobile app platform

Pros

The Subsplash mobile app platform makes it simple to quickly change the content and layout of the app. Most changes are done in realtime! I love the different layout options.

Cons

Most of the changes to our app happen on Sunday mornings. Some automation/scheduling or API features could be implemented to add and remove content as required.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thank you for the thoughtful review, Lann. We are thankful for this feedback and are committed to serving you.

Doug from First Baptist Church Woodstock

Review of Church App

Subsplash has allowed us to truly engage our campus outside of Sunday morning by giving them the resources they need to stay connected with our church

Pros

I like the ease of us for uploading, designing and configuring the app to be what I want it to be.

Cons

I would like the ability to do more customization in regards to the different versions of the app. For example it would be nice to be multiple options for the Web App and TV Apps. I feel like the options for those platforms are lacking creativity and I would like more options to customize the app overall.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the kind words, Doug! We love hearing how the Subsplash Platform helps our clients' engagement and outreach ministry.

Marc from Pine Hills Church Kendallville

Very Satisfied

Great company offering a great product at a great price.

Pros

Our church chose Subsplash for a few reasons. First, their end product is outstanding. The experience our church has when they interact with our content through Subsplash is excellent. Second, its a smooth process on our end. No hassle getting our content to our church. Lastly, customer service is top notch. Personal, caring help every time we've needed it!

Cons

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks, Marc! We're thankful for your kind feedback and are honored to serve you and the Pine Hills team.

Jody from Hope Lutheran Church

Pros

Using Subsplash software to build our app has been easy and the company is so easy to work with. If I had any questions they were really available to schedule a call, or would email the answer almost immediately.

Cons

Sometimes people don't get push notifications, but I don't know if that's SS or operator error.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks so much for the kind words, Jody! It is an honor to serve you and the Hope Lutheran Church team!

Phil from New Hope Church

Subsplash review

Wonderful. I enjoy the integration a lot keeping it very practical. It helps with customer support being a one stop place with a designated contact.

Pros

Ease of use and its functuality. Im not a tech guru, so it allows us to do whats needed easily.

Cons

Theres a couple options that I would like to see that was available on my past website. The biggest us a drop down option under the beliefs section so it doesnt have to be so long, but will open up if they want to know more about each belief. I also would like the option to remove the Subsplash under the events in the calendar.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the thoughtful review, Phil!

Jason from Christ Community Chapel

app and engagement features, managed in one place

The people there and the team is amazing, the software is ever-improving, ... i highly recommend it.

Pros

it's great to have app and engagement features, managed in one place. we can manage things like push notification to our branded subsplash app right from the subsplash interface and that has helped our team out a lot.

Cons

it'd be great if we could somehow integrate all that we already do on wordpress with the subsplash interface, so we don't have to double our work everytime we do something (podcast, blog, etc.)... but for the most part I don't have any complaints/cons.

Response from Subsplash

Replied October 2019

Thanks so much for the kind words, Jason! We actually have web integration capabilities that could help with the frustrations you mentioned. Please reach out to your Client Success Manager or Support to learn more about this.

Brandon from Redeemer Church

Our church uses this for the website and app and it is quite nice!

Very positive. As mentioned earlier, being able to listen to older sermons, give through the app or website, etc., it is extremely simple to use.

Pros

The app and website are extremely clean looking and I notice that this is the consistent with other churches that use subsplash for website and app creation. Being able to watch and listen to previous sermons is also a plus. The option to give through the app or website is great too.

Cons

Nothing really. When I purchased a Galaxy Note 10+, the play store said that the subsplash app was not compatible with my device. I contact subsplash and they updated the app to support the most current operating systems for smartphones.

Response from Subsplash

Replied December 2019

Thanks so much for the kind words, Brandon! It is an honor to serve you and Redeemer Church.

Even Smaller Churches Have a Resource

Pros

Ample Push Notifications. Always expanding options. Very User Friendly.

Cons

Would like to be able to hyperlink from within the Push Notification feature.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thank you for leaving a review! It is an honor to serve you and the church.

Great company, Great app

Excellent service, assistance and product. We highly recommend Subsplash to any looking for a great app for their church or organization!

Pros

Subsplash is a great company that has a great product (app) that our church has found incredibly useful to help our folks stay connected and a simple way to introduce us to their friends. Their customer service is excellent and they truly value their clients and help champion your organization's mission.

Cons

There may be some initial setup learning curve for updating info, but it's really intuitive once you get it set up and rolling.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a thoughtful review. We are delighted to hear that you are pleased with our customer service, product, and overall mission. It is an honor to serve you!

Derek from The Heights Church

Great value for the cost

It has helped our church engage our membership. One of the best features is the notifications. We were using a texting service but the issue with that is wehad to have every members cell phone number and carrier name.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and I also like that they continue to add features to make it better.

Cons

I wished we could import text documents into the sermon notes. I understand why it works like it does but it would be nice to be able to import PDFs.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Thanks so much for the kind words, Derek! It is an honor to serve you and so great to hear how the Subsplash Platform helps The Heights Church's ministry and outreach.

Lauren from CAMPUS CHURCH OF CHRIST INC

Subsplash keeps getting better and better

We've been using Subsplash for almost 8 years now and they've continued to improve their products more and more. We are so impressed with how far they've come.

Pros

We have created an amazing looking app that engages our people with ease. Each year they come out with more ways to make our app even better and we are so grateful.

Cons

There used to be complaints but now that they've come out with new features and better support, we have nothing to complain about with Subsplash. They are absolutely amazing.

Response from Subsplash

Replied April 2019

Thanks so much for the kind words, Lauren! We are honored to partner with you and the Campus Church team!

Billie from Trinity Reformed Church

Subsplash Church App Review

This allows me to provide audio and video of our church sermons and events to our congregation and others affiliated with our church. Subsplash has been extremely helpful in getting our program up and running as well as keeping us informed of new developments with the app.

Pros

The Subsplash Church App is a very cost-effective way to reach people in your church and beyond. It is fairly easy to use for non-technical people.

Cons

I think the web based content management system could use an overhaul. Adding and organizing media is harder than it needs to be.

Response from Subsplash

Replied January 2019

Hello, Billie. We are thankful for your kind words and feedback.