What are Text In Church users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Text In Church software through verified user reviews

• icon"Ita the most wonderful and fantastic product to use to text people."
  • icon"The opportunity to follow-up with people through text is great."
  • icon"It is easy to use and makes it so easy to communicate with our attendees."
  • icon"I am having a hard time putting in new uses because the timing has me a little confused. We also have tried the plan my visit on our website but so far no one has used it."
  • icon"There was too much communication and it took forever to cancel. Then the emails were non stop."
  • icon"Inability to use short code when choosing sending number."

Browse all Text In Church Reviews

• Have you used Text In Church and would like to share your experience with others?

Eric

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Great Tool for Immediate Communication with your Congregation

Trevor

Easy Connection and Follow Up

Fantastic. They have shown over and over again that they will go the extra mile for you and your team. To top it off they are constantly sending us sweet swag; new books/socks/snacks. It really is impossible to not be engaged with them.

Pros

Fairly simple to learn and use most if not all of the functions. What you don't understand they provide quick and easy support with an amazing team that replies extremely fast to messages.

Cons

Have not really found any cons (not just saying that)

Reasons for choosing Text In Church

They seemed like they had a ton of good feed back and were highly recommended to us.

Patti

GAME CHANGER!

IT's a Game Changer! It's been a wonderful tool that I am expanding every day. It makes my job so much easier! Would HIGHLY recommend it!

Pros

Automated workflows, ability to text or send and email, ability to personalize it. I love that it integrates with the main database I use for our church. I love that I can schedule things things to go out and not have to worry about it again. I love that I can communicate with groups of people but there is individual and personal interaction. I love that you can see who opted out of further messages and am able to update my main database. Customer service and articles are amazing!

Cons

Just a few things I would change....the ability snooze a person within a group when they aren't available that month but may be in the future. I would like to be able to print a report of people that opt out of texts so that I can update my main database. I would like to set a sync time. I would like separate inboxes for different phone numbers. Right now, everything goes to the same inbox

Reasons for choosing Text In Church

More keywords available...smart cards, personalization, automated workflows, customer service, but as I discover more ways to use Text in Church, the list grows.

Reasons for switching to Text In Church

All reasons I love it. So much more flexibility. I can use it in a variety of ways for everything from newcomers to volunteers to event registration.

Natalee

May 2022

Game Changer

This software has been a game changer for our guest follow-up! I am very good at ideas and implementation... not so much maintaining long term... so to have an automated system that feels personal has been amazing!!

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use and customize. It is also automatic, so once you have it set up it runs everything so smoothly.

Cons

I don't always get notifications to my phone... but it hasn't hindered the effectiveness, just my response time.

Response from Text In Church

Natalee - This made our day! THANK YOU for taking the time to leave this amazing review. We appreciate it and we are so happy Text In Church has been a game changer for your guest follow-up!

Replied May 2022

Deb

Incredibly Frustrating!!!!!

Pros

we like the ability to text members. While beneficial, its not if we have to pay double the price

Cons

For us, their support is poorly lacking. Back in February, they double billed our credit cards for an annual fee, and now, 4 months later, after a dozen emails, and even more calls to our bank, this company tells me it may take another month before they can figure out how to issue us a credit for hundreds of dollars. My bank today called them an untrustworthy vendor. I've had it with this company!! Buyer Beware!!

Response from Text In Church

Hi Deb, Thanks for the honest review. I'm really sorry for your frustrating experience. This was a very unusual circumstance though. Rather than requesting a refund you marked the charge as fraudulent. This initiated a review by your bank and your payment was immediately withdrawn from our account. Unfortunately, we were not able to refund your charge until your bank completed it's review. Once the review as completed in our favor your bank returned the funds to Text In Church and we issued your refund within 3 hours. Again, I'm so sorry this was so frustrating. I know we were in contact throughout this whole process, but I'm really sorry I wasn't able to get any details about the process from your bank. This should have been a really simple refund. I am so sorry the review process was so frustrating. Grace and peace, ~ Tyler Smith, Co-founder

Replied June 2018

Elizabeth

A necessity for church communication!

We use TIC to help people sign up for small groups, go through our discipleship program, sign up for baptism, and more. Their customer service is out of this world. We have had such a great experience with TIC!

Pros

It is simple to use as a tool to communicate with our congregation. Once you load all your people and numbers into TIC, you can put them into groups and categories to message for different reasons and events. It makes it so simple to message back and forth with them too. Not just send out a message but to have a conversation.

Cons

Sometimes it’s difficult when people change their cell numbers and we don’t know so then we continue messaging a new stranger ☺️ I think it can sometimes be confusing when TIC has to use different numbers to ensure the message sends out. It’s confusing to our members seeing different numbers they don’t recognize. Neither of these are TIC issues though.

Reasons for switching to Text In Church

Price. Lack of ability to converse. Super low ‘pick up’ numbers (people would hear the chime and hang up the phone or only listen for the first few seconds)

TIC is a MUST!

Experience has been top notch! Any issue that I had the technical support was right there to help out and fix the issue. They are very personal and there is a name and face behind the voices (text messages). :)

Pros

Using TIC is such a simple process. Very easy learning curve. Saves us time and energy when communicating with our church. Instead of making hundreds of phone calls to get information out we can easily connect with everyone with the click of the mouse.

Cons

The app is a little sketchy at times. It will say I have a ton of unread notifications when they were all read. Other than that it is a great product!

Reasons for choosing Text In Church

TIC is built with churches in mind and they cater to our specific needs.

Response from Text In Church

Hi James! Thanks for the great review. I really appreciate you sharing your experience. Sorry for the confusion with the notifications. Since your inbox is shared amongst your admins, the app notifications are for unactioned messages NOT unread messages. You can simply mark them actioned or reply to remove the notification. Again, thanks for the awesome feedback!

Replied January 2021

So So Close

So, so.

Pros

The product has great training tools. The customer service is excellent. I agree wholeheartedly with the concept, everyone has their cell phone all the time.

Cons

It is very difficult to sit down and watch all of the training videos. By the time I get back to the videos I feel like I have forgotten a lot of what I learned. Also, there is a fatal flaw in the system. People can fill out the digital card and never put their name. I have ended up with just a bunch of numbers. The solution, according to the company, is to create yet another list to follow up on to get the names, which is why I bought the product to begin with.

Reasons for choosing Text In Church

I thought it would be a catch all for us, but for now has created more work. BUT BUT BUT, for someone with an "eye" for this type of software I think it would work well.

Response from Text In Church

Chris, thanks for the review. If someone text in but doesn't provide their name by filling out your digital connection card, I'd recommend sending them a quick text message following up. Start a conversation with them via text and ask for their name. It's just when someone stops by your Welcome Center. Engage in a conversation and eventually gather their contact info. For some people, it does take a bit of work, but connecting with a first-time guest is well worth the effort. If we can help with anything feel free to reach out to our team.

Devin

Your most affordable staff member!

TIC is a premium platform for organized communication that leads to connection. The team at TIC exemplifies this! Once you are a TIC user you become apart of the TIC family!

Pros

With the automated work flows feature, keywords, QR Codes, and Smart Connect Cards, website integration, this software will go to work for you and is on the clock working 24/7. Creates a connection with those we are reaching.

Cons

There is not currently a function to schedule text bursts on a certain date or time, a feature that could open up some creative communication strategies.

Reasons for switching to Text In Church

Although we still use these other products for different purposes, the texting/followup/automated workflows of TIC can not be matched.

Bobette

Still in implementation mode, but

Pros

So far, I've found TIC incredibly easy to use. When I do have questions, they have a great knowledge base, videos, and their customer support is amazing. We are very excited to roll this out!

Cons

I don't know yet. We haven't fully implemented, but so far, so good.

Reasons for switching to Text In Church

I wasn't involved in that part of the decision

Response from Text In Church

Thanks for the great review Bobette!

Keegan

Capable Solution with a Steep Learning Curve

Text In Church is a great way for us to stay in contact with people who sign up. We still use email but, the click through rate on links is way higher.

Pros

For the price, I don't think you can do any better than Text In Church. Their base package is plenty for what we need in a church that has 150 weekly attenders. We have the ability to create custom text groups and automated workflows. On top of that, it's there's a pretty good CRM powering it all.

Cons

The one challenge to Text In Church is the learning curve. Some features have a confusing user experience. Fortunately, their solution feels lightweight and it's easy to play around until you figure it out.

Response from Text In Church

Thanks for the great review Keegan!

Replied May 2021

Best Guest Follow Up Process

Text in church has simplified getting information to different groups of people in my church. I can set differnt groups up and communicate with a whole group with a simple click of a button. I dont have to think about 'who is in this group again?' I dont have to worry about communicating with the wrong group. Also, being that its text, I know that everyone is getting the message. Unlike email, you have to actually open up an email to see it.

Pros

The Text In Church has been amazing for me and my church. It simplifies communication, eliminates emails that go straight to junk mail, first time guest follow-up systems made simple, and the list goes on. THIS MORNING someone said, "I really appreciated how I got a personal text from Epiphany this morning telling me they were praying for me today". It is the small things. I have been in ministry for 10 years and this is one of the best things that I have had in terms of communication with people on a weekly basis. Before, when I asked people if they got the information via Email, FB message, IG, Twitter, ect, about 30% of the people would say that they got it, but didn't look at it. Now, over 90% of the people I ask not only got it but read it and appreciated it. It has even been a game changer for our teams. If you want to be apart of the setup team, text SET UP...If you want to be apart of the hospitality team text HOSPITALITY...I honestly don't know what I was even doing before in communication. I will never go back.

Cons

The app through iOS could be better. As I am traveling, it would be great to set up a quick text from my phone. The capability is there, but it glitches out sometimes. Great idea, just needs some improvement.

Response from Text In Church

Wow! Thanks for the amazing review. I'd love to hear what improvements you'd like to see on the app. We're constantly improving and I'd love your feedback. Reach out if there is anything we can help with. Grace and peace, ~ Tyler

Replied December 2018

ELIJAH

Great Application for Church, Organizations, etc.

Text in church has helped us to remain in contact with new visitors, our congregation, leadership, other church groups. Their service is impeccable and they really care about their customers.

Pros

The workflow is one of their greatest features. Once the workflow is setup you do not have to continue to setup up messages, it's automatically done for you.

Cons

To be honest, I do not have anything negative to say or like the least.

Reasons for choosing Text In Church

It was the best product for our church overall.

Reasons for switching to Text In Church

No workflow and expensive.

Response from Text In Church

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words and amazing review, Elijah. We are thrilled to hear about your experience with Text In Church. We will keep improving our system and I hope we continue to earn the perfect 10/10 rating you gave us.

Replied September 2020

Danielle

Text In Church is the Only way to Communicate

It was the best investment we made in engaging with guests and communicating with our congregation. It's easy to use, has built in templates to help you get started and they are completely customization to fit the needs of your church or group!

Pros

This software is outstanding! Not only is it easy to set up and implement, but the positive feedback you get from being able to easily communicate with guest, congregations, groups, etc, is non-stop. It's the best investment we've made for our church and it continues to grow and improve providing the best features you could ask for!

Cons

The only issue I have with the software is the lack of email open reports. You have to manually check each person to see if they opened the email. Once that function is available, there will be no need for any other type of communications software, this software will offer you everything you need 100%.

Faith

Make Connecting and Following Up EASY!

Text in Church allows us to communicate with hundreds in a quick, efficient, and personal manner. It allows time for other areas of ministry, yet ensures we value our guests with effective follow up. Their customer service is quick, responsive, and compassionate. I can tell that each member of their team genuinely cares about churches and people.

Pros

Text in Church enables me to communicate with hundreds of people at the same time, in a personal way. This has enabled our church to grow exponentially by being able to connect more effectively. The Plan A Visit features through Text in Church allow guests to be connected and for barriers to be removed before they even enter our parking lot.

Cons

I wish that they offered multiple lines / user accesses within the same account. I also think that the "app" for mobile use is rather clunky and slow - this is probably the only piece I don't like. I expect that they will improve this soon.

Response from Text In Church

Faith, thanks for the awesome review! Yes, we will soon offer multiple lines. This will be super helpful. Also, we are currently rebuilding our app and can't wait to release it.

Replied September 2019

Jeff

Text in Church Has Quality Church Member and Guest Outreach Tools...

We have improved our communication to our members with Text in Church. Also, for the first time, guests have a way of hearing from us after they've visited. Members feel more involved and in the loop than ever before.

Pros

I like the ability to text hundreds of people instantly. The groups function is an easy-to-use tool. The ability for people to opt themselves out of communication is also important. Church members feel updated any time they receive an email or text.

Cons

I don't like that they charge us per text. Many times I want to send messages over 160 characters to our church members, but am forced to limit the message to conserve the number of texts I use per month. I also think some of their formatting and setup of certain templates is clunky and not user-friendly.

Reasons for choosing Text In Church

Because it was more customizable to church ministry and it was around the same price.

Response from Text In Church

Jeff, thanks for the great review. I wanted to let you know that we charge per text message sent regardless of the number of characters. So, even if you exceed 160 characters it still counts as just one. Also, incoming messages do not count against your allotment.

Rick

ABSOLUTE GAME CHANGER IN GUEST FOLLOW-UP!

Pros

It is clear that TIC thought through just about everything that is relevant to excellent guest follow-up. Automated workflows allow detailed communication with people. Converts manual labor into ministry labor (free to actually be with people more) Workflows can be completely customized Ability to schedule communication beforehand Planning Center compatibility

Cons

Inability to use short code when choosing sending number

Reasons for choosing Text In Church

TIC is geared towards churches

Angie

Great Communication Tool

Our overall experience with Text in Church has been so positive that several other areas of our organization have also subscribed to Text in Church. Support is exceptional. We have not experienced loss of service or loss of delivery in the texting. All in all I would say the software is valuable, flexible and reliable.

Pros

Automated responses and keyword texting are our favorite features of Text in Church. The ability to set in motion automated responses is both time saving and provides consistency to our constituents. Keyword texting and the automatic formation of groups within the software is especially valuable with first-time guests and useful when we are interested in building a group for communication within a specific interest or project.

Cons

Have not found one "con" in almost two years.

Response from Text In Church

Angie, thanks for the great review!

Leslie

Good but

Made text communication simpler

Pros

Ease to send out scheduled messages, follow up.

Cons

Sync issues, duplicates after sync issues, app glitches

Templates for follow up

Response from Text In Church

Thanks, Leslie! I really appreciate the review. If you're continuing to have issues with your sync please reach out to our support team. We'd love to help get that resolved for you.

Replied September 2019

Amber

Text in Church Simplifies Communication

As an overall program it is wonderful. The ease of use to send out a mass text to everyone in the congregation as a reminder is a great tool. Also, to organize meetings and events with a smaller core of people it is an awesome tool.

Pros

It is great that you can set up different groups to communicate with. Our church organization uses it for many different things. It is great to organize events, to promote different outreaches and events going on to everyone, and to just communicate with a few people to remind about important meetings and goings on that don't need to be forgotten.

Cons

I wish it was easier to use between different systems. Everyone has a different phone. Some have Apple IOS and some have Android. It has a lot of glitches when sending to different phones.

Church Community Builder

Reasons for choosing Text In Church

Text in Church seemed like the better tool for what we needed. We are a smaller ministry and needed something that would work well but wasn't too expensive or difficult to use.

Response from Text In Church

Hi Amber! Thanks for the great review. I'm sure what you mean by glitches when sending to different phones, but please contact our support team. We'd love to help you get to the bottom of that.

Replied November 2019

Alan

Text In Church...a great way to stay in touch!

Text In Church has been a God send for our church! Our congregation loves it, and so does our staff. Would definitely recommend!

Pros

The Text In Church software is very easy to use and quite user friendly. We've been truly surprised by how our congregation has embraced this communication tool. Now, we mainly send out text messages with pertinent information, and minimal emails. The response rate is amazing as the majority of our people are getting and reading our messages to them. Can't say the same about emails, though.

Cons

Don't like how the text messages split up into multiple messages if you go over the character limit. It's way too easy to put in too much information and bam...you're over the limit.

Response from Text In Church

Wow! Thanks for the amazing review, Alan!

Alan

Text In Church...a Great Solution for Our Church!

Pros

I love how Text In Church makes the flow of communication simple and easy for our employees and our congregation. When we need to get information out, it's really easy to do so with Text In Church. It makes my job much easier.

Cons

We've only used this software for a relatively short time (less than two years), but so far, I've not discovered anything that I don't like.

Reasons for choosing Text In Church

We chose Text In Church over Flock Note because of the cost. Text in Church charges based on number of messages sent. Flock Note charges based upon number of users.

Response from Text In Church

Wow! Alan, thanks for the amazing review.

Replied July 2019

Kenny

Text In Church User Review

Text in Church has helped us stay in touch with our guests much better and follow up much longer. It has led to more interactions and return visits from guests.

Pros

It is easy to use, quick to set up and lets us focus on relationships rather than administration.

Cons

Nothing really. If there is anything to complain about it that the software does not notify you via text/email of interaction. You must be in the software/app to get notifications.

Church Community Builder

Reasons for choosing Text In Church

Automation and ease of use to set up!

Response from Text In Church

Thanks for the great review Kenny!

Charles

A simple relevant answer to GROWTH!

Text in Church is the answer to so many How questions. How do re raise our retention rate? How do we close the back door to our organization? How do we value people; and so many more...The answer is Text in Church.

Pros

I love the Text in church system! I like this system for so many reasons some including it's ease of use and it's ability to help us automate our assimilation system. The workflows help us keep in touch with our guests and members while at the same time creating an authentic sense of community amongst our spiritual family. I have learned that Culture is by Default of Design and text in church helps you design your culture rather than the alternative of what it would default to.

Cons

I would love the ability to know the average amount of text that we send out a month. Knowing that information would allow us to measure it and utilize our resources best or know when we are not using it the best.

Response from Text In Church

Charles, thanks for the awesome review!

HUGE TIME SAVER

Overall Text in Church has drastically improved our ability to keep in contact with our teams and congregants! It is so easy for them to join a group and keep in contact with us!

Pros

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ability to schedule text messages or emails! It makes keeping up with my team easy and communication with the entire church a breeze! honestly, I'm forgetful most days and will remember to send someone a message at 10pm and that's not appropriate so I love that I can type it out and schedule it to send at a more appropriate time! I also LOVE the groups! you don't have to go in and select each person each time hoping you don't forget anyone! you can just click the group you want, one click! easy peasy!

Cons

My only complaint would be that sometimes I get logged out randomly, I'm sure it is for security reasons, but I don't realize I'm logged out until I need to use and have to log back in.

Text In Church