All ProClass Reviews

Deborah

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2021

ProClass Saved Us Volunteer Time

The training and support from ProClass were/are excellent. They were patient in helping us to understand how to set up the software for our needs. We appreciate the updates and new features. Everyone here is so pleased that we made the switch.

PROS

Flexibility: The ability to configure this software to meet our needs, to change the terms used and the thoughtful design has been very helpful to us. Attendance: the front-end attendance function has saved us countless volunteer hours with our instructor teams. Query ability: we can pull from the database to answer so many user/management questions.

CONS

The back end is a bit intimidating to learn how to use, although the new version promises an easier user interface. We had big efforts getting our users trained, but now our users really enjoy ProClass.

Reason for choosing ProClass

ProClass had all the features we needed, especially the Attendance function.

Reasons for switching to ProClass

We needed online, real-time updates of data and more flexible security.

Thank you for the kind review. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to work to improve ProClass going forward.

Replied April 2021

Reviewed August 2022

ProClass is a great system, but very pricy

Overall I had a positive experience with ProClass, but ended up have to switch due to the high yearly cost of the software

PROS

Helped keep everything well organized and overall was a decent software.

CONS

ProClass has some very nice features and I overall liked the software, but since we are a small non-profit, we had to switch to WooCommerce because of the cost of ProClass.

Reason for choosing ProClass

ProClass was a better fit for us and our needs, but ended up switching to WooCommerce in the end strictly due to the yearly cost of ProClass

Reviewed April 2021

Was for me. Not for me.

Started off decently, ended almost hostile. Was glad to find a suitable replacement with 6crickets.

PROS

The database ProClass is built upon is very robust. You can manipulate the data in lots of ways, pull reports and ultimately download all your contacts. The ability to email your entire database was invaluable and that feature alone almost kept me with them.

CONS

Customer support was mediocre. Training was a beast and took TONS of time to learn. The rosters were garbage and essentially useless. The cost was at the whim of whatever the owner felt like. So every year the rate increases were always an unpleasant surprise.

Reason for choosing ProClass

ProClass was my first class management program and it was recommended by another school district. It was good for the moment, but there are better options out there now.

Thank you for your review of ProClass. We appreciate your positive comments about our powerful database and reporting features. We are pleased that our email and marketing features helped you increase your business and that they were invaluable to you. As we have had only 1 client ever discontinue ProClass to utilize 6crickets we are aware of your account. We are confused by your comments regarding support as these were not brought up during your time with us and our attempts to schedule system reviews with you were ignored. We also regret that the pricing discounts that we provided initially based upon incorrect information provided by your owner could not be maintained given the exponential growth you achieved through the use of ProClass over the 5 years you continued to use us. We hope that your current solution is working well for you. It is always our desire that each client, current or former, is using the solution that best fits their individual needs.

Replied April 2021

Peter

Primary/Secondary Education, 2-10 employees

ProClass for a Lifelong Learning organization

We've invested considerable time and effort in using ProClass because it does what we were looking for, so we're likely to stay with it although we've looked into some alternatives. More responsiveness would be of help - there's too wide a range between good quick answers and ones that are slow or never come. It's hard to tell if communication between Support and Development is lacking but some of our requests seem to get lost or mistranslated at times.

PROS

We needed a system that would handle online registration for a set of courses each semester, with online payment by credit card. Overall it does that quite well. Ease of use is important for our clientele of senior students; it's good but not quite as user-friendly as it could be. Besides the reports that are available to us, it's very helpful to be able to access and download course and student information for further analysis. The feedback from Support about potential registration problems also helps us resolve these problems.

CONS

For us at the administrative end the system is often quirky and not so easy to use. I personally have had to become the organization's expert to help others through it. In an older version we found that people were occasionally charged for a course even though it was already filled. It took us considerable effort to convince ProClass of the problem. The fix was to give people 30 minutes to complete registration; that gave us a new difficulty: because of this "hold" a seat in a popular course, that course could be filled in less than a minute. That's generated lots of complaints by the users. In addition, the flood of registrations at the start means that registration is effectively done in 18 minutes. Our request to give us control of this parameter has fallen on deaf ears, even though this would not be hard to implement. Other requests for improvements that would be helpful for the product have received minimal attention. Another difficulty that we had to discover for ourselves had to do with different accounts using the same email address - "Forgot password" does not work properly. We had to tell people to use different email addresses if they ran into this.

Carmela

Education Management, 201-500 employees

ProClass is a Great Tool for Education Administration

I was thrown into ProClass last year when our lead administrator resigned. While I had a very good technical guide to follow, when I called or emailed ProClass, I got hands-on support. The technical support from ProClass is outstanding. The trainers are also very polite and supportive -- best technical support I've received in years!

PROS

Once I was trained, I found ProClass easy to use. It has a ton of features, and we probably only use about 50% of what it can do.

CONS

Sometimes, it can take too long to call up a class. It might be do to having too many widgets that we don't use, so I'm going to remove some and see if it helps.

Reason for choosing ProClass

We had focus groups, the lead administrator went over the pros and cons of each and the determination was made that ProClass had the best features for us, and the best support for implementation and ongoing support.

Hi Carmela, Thank you for your kind feedback. With regard to your comments on the time to pull up a class page - we are releasing a update jutt this week that will improve this by upt o 50% and bring load times to under 2 seconds in most cases. Please set us know if you are still experiencing issues so that we can get them addressed for you right away.

Replied January 2024

Elaine

Arts and Crafts, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Lots of functions

PROS

My favorite thing is how many functions this software has. From handling tuition online, to printing out rosters and availability, there’s a function for every aspect of my career so I don’t need to be using multiple softwares in order to run the business.

CONS

My least favorite part about this software is it’s UI/UX. There’s a lot of clicking involved just to do simple things and there are certain bugs that haven’t been fixed that make it a bit difficult to use it seamlessly such as not being able to go back to the main account after sending an email and tuition being off just one cent.

Thank you for the comments Elaine. The bug with the 1 cent in certain split tuition charges was corrected several versions ago so if you are still seeing this please contact support so that they can address any accounts where this may have occurred. Regarding the UI/ UX your comments are appreciated and we have been working hard to eliminated additional clicks and make the UI as easy to use as possible. By using the return icon in the top menu after sending an email you can return directly to the account or prior screen in a single click. If you need assistance on anything or are interested in any of the recent updates please contact us so that we can schedule a site review with you to go over ways to improve your experience.

Replied November 2020

Vickie

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

ProClass Excels at Record Keeping

Having a system that allows us to keep all our instructor, participant and class details/records in one place is invaluable for us. The filtering capabilities allows us to run custom reports that help us to project and schedule future offerings.

PROS

The most beneficial parts of this software for us is the record keeping and reporting features. We can filter and find information on any part of our participant records, class records, or instructor's records. We also find the options for setting up/copying programs very easy to use and customizable.

CONS

The feedback from our participants (registrants) is troublesome. We frequently get feedback that it is cumbersome to register/login.

Reason for choosing ProClass

We have been using ProClass since 2013.

Thank you Vickie for the comments and kind words. We appreciate the feedback from your customers and are very happy to have recently released our new user interface and customer portal for students and instructors. We have spent considerable effort in streamlining the registration, membership, and donation processes to make them leading edge within the market. We hope these changes have been helpful to you and your customers.

Replied February 2020

Leslie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Simple Design

It is a reliable system with great customer service. We get everything we need for our program to grow.

PROS

I like the ability to copy previous class courses. This saves us time in having to complete all the details each time, such as description etc. , we can still make changes but we don't have to complete all the details.

CONS

The learning curve in the very beginning. It's a lot of details initially and there are fields available that you will never use. Also the reports contain fields that are never used which is confusing.

Hi Leslie, Thank you for the feedback. ProClass does have many features and not every customer will utilize all of them. We do have some new features to help you customize specific pages to remove features that you may not be using. Please contact your support specialist and they can assist you with this.

Replied December 2023

Ann

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

ProClass very helpful for registration

I have been using ProClass for about 8 years now and it is very helpful for database management as well as membership and course registration.

PROS

I like that it is easy to set up courses for registration as well as to use for both database and membership management.

CONS

The website can be slow at times when opening new pages, especially courses.

Hi Ann, Thank you for the feedback. The course page has a large volume of data associated with it and we recognize that load times can be improved. In that vein, we have some new performance enhancements coming out in the next week or so to specifically address the course page load times as well as some other high data volume pages. I hope these performance enhancements are helpful to you. Let us know if there is anything that we can ever be of help with.

Replied September 2023

Laura

Volunteer Class Registrar Rated

Sometimes frustrating, mostly positive, with great support team providing clear instructions when we get stuck.

PROS

Versatility, easy to use once you know how to use it, and strong tech support team!

CONS

Lots of errors, such as duplicate accounts and memberships, which tends to happen with differently skilled volunteers. We late joining volunteers also didn't know we could make changes to the user interaction screens until we took some training with the tech support team.

Reason for choosing ProClass

I was not part of purchase and set up phase other than as a user, but I have heard it was the most versatile product in a modest price range.

Daniela

Primary/Secondary Education, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2018

ProClass has tripled my productivity!

I am very happy with my decision to use ProClass. I recommend it to anyone that has multiple classes, whether large or small. If I could suggest anything for improvements I would ask for a more simplified, step by step How-To section to address common things like refunds, class lists etc. I tend to see things visually and perhaps using visual markers or icons instead of words would make the self-help section more user friendly for non-techies like me!

PROS

As a sole proprietor, I do it all, from lesson plans and teaching to marketing and running the not-so-fun parts of the business. I was spending 6 hours of my day just doing data entry and administration while having to keep my office open long hours just to allow parents to come in and register. I thought ProClass was for much larger businesses than my small art program. As my business grew however, I was overwhelmed by the paperwork and I knew I had to hire someone. Instead, I decided to try ProClass for a year. ProClass allows my clients to register for classes day or night, at their convenience allowing me to reduce the time my office has to be open to the public giving me more time with my family. It allows clients to input their own information, reducing errors and my data entry time. In fact, it saved me from having to hire someone just for the data entry! It has organized my recordkeeping, making tax time so much easier. I can now concentrate on my students and my teaching. It allows parents to have clear recordkeeping which they can access themselves. It tracks my communications with parents for easy reference. Well that first year came and went and I am still with ProClass! I am not a techy person and there was a learning curve which I found a challenge as I juggled everything on my plate however, ProClass provided very patient and thorough training, that suited my schedule. The more I use it, the more it feels natural. I am still discovering features and as I can I add them to my knowledge base. I truly appreciate their kind and encouraging customer service team that help me with any questions I have. I look back and wonder how in the world I managed my classes before ProClass!

CONS

I had to really think about this to come up with a con to ProClass. I guess for me, it would be some of the technical terminology that I am not familiar with. It does require a time commitment to get to know the program and set it up just right for your business. Again, this isn't really a con for ProClass, more my own limitations of time, knowledge and experience.

Reviewed March 2018

Marketing savvy folks should not use Proclass

PROS

Proclass is great if you only have a simple structure such as an art studio only offering art classes. The customer service rep we have is AMAZING....he's been doing his absolute best to try to find work arounds and patches, but as a growing business, this hasn't been a great experience. Though he's really the one we keep going back to. The other reps have tried to be helpful, but none of them have found workarounds or solutions for us and the challenges we face with Proclass were ones that could significantly impact our business.

CONS

Proclass is great if you only have a simple structure such as an art studio only offering art classes. However, if you run a series of classes AND are marketing savvy with different offers or complex structure for camps, this is definitely not a system for you. The functionality simply isn't there. The API is a joke. It is not a fully developed API so expect to do some heavy coding.

While an anonymous review is difficult to respond to as we do not know the circumstances around these comments, we do appreciate the feedback and are pleased that our customer support is rated so highly. To classify ProClass as a marketing application is inaccurate and misleading. ProClass is not marketed as, nor meant to be a marketing platform such as Mail Chimp or other direct marketing applications and we explain this to every prospect prior to any sale. We do provide the following features and more to assist with your marketing efforts. *Unlimited bulk email with customizable templates. *Unlimited SMS messaging to contacts where mobile provider information is collected *Comprehensive search features and data mining to allow for targeting of specific demographic groups or class participants *Easy export of data for use with other tools *Unlimited and fully searchable user defined fields and customizable data collection forms to allow for extension of the application to include information that is critical to your organization. *Industry leading relationship tracking across multiple accounts and families. *Customizable online registration class listings. *Social media integration *Online registration and customer portal site language translation *Read only REST API These features are successfully in use by hundreds of organizations in diverse industries including summer camps, after school programs, arts organizations, lifelong learning and continuing education, and others with varied and complex scheduling and program structures. Our API is being successfully used by many clients and allows read only access to a vast selection of data. Customers have successfully used the API to integrate ProClass to their websites as well in house real time video schedule displays and as with other various applications. It is a developer tool and should be used only by qualified developers who are familiar with XML, Json, and Odata standards.

Replied August 2018

Skye

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

ProClass Tops Many Systems

I would choose ProClass for your management system if you are looking to upgrade or change. I am very pleased with PC and will continue to use them for the foreseeable future.

PROS

I am a marketing and communications director and have worked with many registration, ticketing and software systems throughout education, arts and the performing arts - ranging from Tessitura to Ticket Sage to Salesforce and more. I started at a new company about 6 months ago and it was my first experience with ProClass and at first I was a little leery of the program; however they have topped my expectations. Their software is current with needed API's for the new website that I am in the process of designing. They are at the helm of design with easy-to-load classes and design formats. It is a good system for donors. The staff of PC is available to answer questions. They are more then corporative when I ask for something to be done and they take new integration suggestions readily. Currently they are building on a suggestion that I gave them a few weeks ago. I have been very happy with ProClass and believe it is a great class and donor management system for our school.

CONS

The only con that I can think of is I wish there was a way to choose certain reports and have them queued to email to me daily instead of having to go into the system and pull them.

Chad

Reviewed December 2020

Proclass is Best-in-class!

Gage Academy of Art uses Proclass as its complete class management software, student database, and CRM. Students register through Proclass, set up their own accounts, and make their own payments. Easy and intuitive solution for running a school of over 4000 students with a staff of 12 - It would not be possible without proclass.

PROS

This program is a robust and comprehensive crm! I have personally used it for over 3 years while working at Gage Academy of Art. It offers COMPLETE control over class scheduling, payment, online deployment, and even integrates with our website flawlessly. Very logical and easy to use once you understand the structure. I have never seen a program that offers more comprehensive custom reporting, email list building, and student records. Proclass makes what Gage does possible and helped in our transition to online programming this year.

CONS

The ONLY con in my opinion is that there are limited coupon code abilities. It is difficult to only discount some classes with a coupon code BUT there are easy work-arounds that we have figured out. It is in no way a deal breaker.

Hello Chad, Thank you for the review and your kind comments. We are looking forward to enhancing our coupon code features in the coming versions in 2021

Replied December 2020

Carla

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2018

ProClass is a sophisticated program that provides a registration platform for students enrolled in our Adult Learning school.

Although it has taken a good year for me to learn and become comfortable with ProClass, the system is working and the people are great!

PROS

ProClass provides a secure system, safeguarding personal records and financial payments. The support we receive is outstanding and easily accessible day or night. The ability to speak with a "human" voice when support is needed, and their ability to walk and talk you thru any issue, is one of the most valuable services provided.

CONS

There are far too many built-in functions that we do not use or need. Gets very confusing at times, especially when you're doing manual registrations for a good percentage of our students who are elderly and have little or no computer knowledge. Far too many of our students complain about not knowing their password and we can no longer provide that to them. Basically, we are doing more manual registrations than the number of people who do successfully register online. It's also confusing when dealing with "special" circumstances, i.e. discounts, scholarships, credits, refunds, etc. are concerned.

Stevie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2020

If you are looking for an affordable class management software. This is for you

My experience with proclass has been nothing but wonderful. Whenever I need help with a problem I can contact them right on the live chat button and I have always had the issue resolved immediately.

PROS

The overall functionality of the program, it is able to complete multiple tasks at hand. The reports are customized to fit our needs as a non-profit creative arts organization.

CONS

The ease of merging contacts would be the next thing they should work on. It is manageable but frustrating without the option. As we have many clients sign up online and switch emails and create new accounts all of the time.

Reason for choosing ProClass

Proclass seems to be the only class management software out there that can process everything we need done efficiently. We have been using Proclass for about 10 years and it meets and exceeds our organizations needs.

Thank you for the kind review Stevie. We will look into your suggestion for an upcoming release.

Replied January 2020

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Great Management Tool for a Lifelong Learning (Non-Profit) Orgn

My LLI (non-profit educational organization for seniors) has been using Proclass since 2016. It has reliably met our needs for membership management (300+ members) and class registration (100 classes / events annually). HIghly responsive tech support is a major plus.

PROS

Proclass provides us a one-stop solution for membership management, class and event registration, communications and marketing (with unlimited emails), on-line payment, donations, and historical archives. Very detailed but highly flexible, it can be customized to meet the specific needs of my organization. Very responsive and pro-active tech support.

CONS

The Proclass system provides very detailed and sophisticated database capabilities, and many functions are not applicable to my organization. Thus, there is a significant "learning curve" to train admin users, and customize the system to meet our specific organizational needs.

Saraiya