All Sawyer Reviews

Carl

Sports, 1 employee

Used unspecified

Reviewed May 2024

Sawyer Review: Excited about Sawyer and the Relationship We Have!

Ara

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Very easy to use and adds a professional look to my website

PROS

1. I love that HiSawyer is specific to use for children activities and classes. I tried other booking plugins or websites that were a "one size fits all" (appointments for nail salon or doctor's office) and well... they didn't quite fit for my business. For instance, HiSawyer allows the possibility to see the age and birthdate of the kids, having an "older sibling discount", adding semesters or multiple locations, specially because our class doesn't have only one location... Bookings are specific for a kid's class, and it's awesome. 2. Very easy to use! All what can be done in point #1, is very easy to set up! 3. Professional look. Some other plugins I had tried before look very outdated and amateurish. I love HiSawyer fresh and professional design. It's exactly what I was looking for for months until I bumped into HiSawyer.

CONS

I really love everything about it. If I had to really look for perfection: it would be awesome if there was an app. It might be just me, but checking it from mobile can be a little bit frustrating sometimes. Nothing out of this world, not bugs or errors, just think about checking social media from a web browser in your phone. But other than that, I love this!

Lia

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Easy way to manage class and camp registrations

My favorite thing about Sawyer is that I trust that all my registration information is accurate and in one place. It's been incredibly helpful in running my business. In my years using this software, I've also seen how Sawyer is always changing and improving to meet the needs of clients. It has improved my experience and what I can offer my customers.

PROS

I like the clean look of this software, and that it is easy to add, change and adjust information on my end. The dashboard helps me see all my upcoming programming and stay in communication with registered participants. It makes billing very easy, offering flexibility for participants and automatic payments so I don't need to spend time tracking this each month or sending reminders. I like the waitlist option.

CONS

The cons are small things - I wish you could edit the coupon codes because I can never get them right the first time. I wish there was a printable check in/check out list as a roster setting that could fit onto one page. I would probably use a mobile app to check class registration, or be able to have different teachers use a mobile sign-in process for classes. But these are small compared to all the benefits.

Reason for choosing Sawyer

It had features that better matched my needs and that made processing, billing, communicating and accounting easier.

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

I needed more features, and a better interface.

Rayhann

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

My Review of Sawyer

It's pretty good and I would overall recommend it for other users.

PROS

One of the things I really like about Sawyer is how it saves your previous submissions for Class Notes. I use Sawyer for review sessions and letting parents know what the class was about and often times, I reuse lesson plans, so Sawyer saving previous submissions is really useful.

CONS

One of the things I would change about Sawyer is that in the previous submissions, it changes the format and puts it in one big paragraph. I wished it kept the format of previous submissions, but it's really not that big of a deal.

Elizabeth

Reviewed July 2022

Very poor and confusing reporting system!

Exhaustingly Bad! It has made my administrative work FAR MUCH MORE DIFFICULT than doing them myself. If you client body is small like 20-40s , Sawyers is fine. If you are like us with hundreds.. I HIGHLY recommend you to look elsewhere.. I have switched to Amilia, a far more robust software. I was 15+ system level developer, and my partner was a Microsoft SQL expert. Looking at Sawyers report service, we both must regret to say.. it is far from prime time. It is ok for a shop with 30 some students. Not for us. We have over 200 students (still considered being pretty small).

PROS

calendar review for daily activities. This is very helpful for ONLY daily operation - like the front desk staff to do quick look up.. But, by far not for the administrator, me.

CONS

Report becomes unusable when students sign up for multiple classes! It puts ALL dates into a single cell in the report, in various order. Asked support to look at it.. Nothing can be done about that. So, I had to go through EVERY student who has signed up for more than one week to figure out. Reports with mismatched headers. e.g. DOB as the header, but it is actually something else like email address. Half of them are mismatched! To say unacceptable is an understatement. I was told it was some customization issue??? No form of customization should render such a fundamental error. This clearly indicates very sub-par software. No proper auditing. .. cannot explain why a balance showed discrepancy.. the only reason I got was " someone must have changed it." The administrator again simply insisted that made assumption it was us, or the client making the changes. No auditing info for accountability! An unacceptable excuse! This tells me this is ot an adequately built software. I would be ok with it if the administrator did recorgnize the error and committed future improvement! But they seemed to be content placing the blame on us, or the mysterious someone!!! Missing one of the most fundamental reporting features: Cannot generate a report of scheduled classes unless at least one student is already registered? But, I have to manually check one by one! It would be ok if you have 10-20 classes, not 40+ like us.

Hi Elizabeth, We're sorry that Sawyer wasn't able to meet your reporting needs. We work with organizations of all sizes to power their registration including franchises, non-profits, and schools in addition to smaller businesses. We continue to evolve our products because of critical feedback like this and thank you for taking the time to share it with us. We loved getting the opportunity to work with Storming Robots and wish you all the best in your future success.

Replied July 2022

Angie

Robust platform

Customer service is PHENOMENAL. I can't say enough about it. Kind, courteous, FAST, and knowledgeable. A pleasure to work with.

PROS

It does almost everything I need for camp registration, payments, coupons, payment plans, class descriptions, etc.

CONS

Very expensive. We are a small non-profit and need the functionality, but the price tag is difficult. In addition, our clients pay $1.99 for transactions. I wasn't aware of this at first. I had some upset customers.

Reason for choosing Sawyer

Had to make the switch to increase our bookings and revenue.

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

Needed one platform to do "all the things". Sawyer does that.

Jessica

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Sawyer Review

We are solving are registration process by using Sawyer. Originally, we were using about 6 different spreadsheets that were all complicated on their own level. Because of this, the registration process became very lengthy because parents couldn't register on their own but instead, they had to register with me, an individual, and would have to wait for a process to be completed in order to move forward with registration. This became extremely difficult because one individual registering over 500+ students is not an easy task.

PROS

I like how easy it is to manage and use. Our clients seem to enjoy it as well since it allows them a lot of accessibility and privacy especially when registering. I also appreciate all of the options that we can do for creating camps and classes. Overall, there are a lot of options that we can do for our programs now that we have Sawyer.

CONS

Because of how easy the program is to use, there are some options that we would appreciate having but do not have yet. For one, it would be nice to have the ability to send out receipts to clients on the financials page if we were to increase their balance or charge them through there. It would also be nice to have a notes section on the financials page so that our accountant and I don't have to look through all of our emails to find information regarding a client but instead have it readily available. Another thing, we would appreciate is if the financials alone had the ability to sort the clients by payment method and etc. And if we move to another page and press the back button, it would be nice to not have to restart but instead just have it still remaining on the clients that we searched for.

Reason for choosing Sawyer

Sawyer was the most appealing to look at in terms of the actual software. It looked the most user friendly and this was a big plus for our parents because they ask a lot of questions. Once we switched over to Sawyer, out of 150+ parents, we only received emails on how to sign up for sawyer from about 5 to be honest. The system is so easy and understandable that parents were able to get it on their own with little to no difficulty. This made it easier on our end because we were able to focus all of our attention on registration maintenance and other projects.

Carl

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Sawyer is important to WAS.

I have great confidence in Sawyer as I work to grow my business.

PROS

Sawyer makes what we do to keep the business moving forward much easier. They have amazing support and desire to grow their product offering.

CONS

The ability to connect to my google calendar is very important but not yet possible.

Reason for choosing Sawyer

Price, customer registration ease, ability to merge to the business website.

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

Lack of quality support and constant challenges.

Yvette

Sawyer for the WIN!!!

PROS

Everything is so easy to navigate and set up my classes. It’s user friendly for my customers.

CONS

I don’t really have anything that I speak of…Sawyer has been great!

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

I needed a system that would integrate with my website and was user friendly.

Mary

Management at it's best

Great! The help desk reaponds quickly and it has added a new layer of usability for my clients.

PROS

Easy to use Cost effecrive Customer service

CONS

Add ons dont always line up with what we need

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

Weshare doesnt fit with the camp structure. The customer aervice was lacking.

Swatilekha

Reviewed February 2022

Sawyer Tools review

PROS

Registrations are very simple to make, promotion is effective and also calendar integration is helpful.

CONS

Some of the UI parts like "Class Notes" are really primitive looking and more attention could be paid to that.

Reason for choosing Sawyer

Sawyer Tools is more sleek and modern, embeds are easy to use and is more popular.

Carly

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Happy Sawyer Customer

The customer service has been great since my first phone call. They helped me set everything up and always answer my questions promptly.

PROS

For me I need scheduling to be easy and not complicated but most importantly I want the parents of my students to book a class with ease! I am not a big tech person but I found setting up everything on Sawyer to be very straightforward. I have used other scheduling systems in the past and am so happy that I went with Sawyer.

CONS

The only thing I find a little frustrating is when I post a picture as part of a listing it takes several tries to get it to look good. It often repositions and doesn’t look good. But after a few attempts I get it right.

Reason for choosing Sawyer

I loved how it was geared toward children. I love the look of it and think it’s a great scheduling system.

Dara

Highly recommend Sawyer

I’ve really liked using Sawyer and how easy it is not just for me to use but my customers as well.

PROS

I really like how Sawyer has great customer and created a product that reflects how they listen to their clients’ needs.

CONS

So far I haven’t had any issues. I like that they recently added monthly pricing, which made it easier for me to offer the pricing structure I wanted.

Reason for choosing Sawyer

For the same reason I chose them over CourseStorm, and because they offer the type of registration pricing types I want for my courses.

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

Sawyer was easier to setup and use, especially since they work directly with new clients over the phone and are very hands-on in helping setup and train in using it. Also the visual design of their site is easier to navigate saving me time.

Aaliyah

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

We enjoy using Sawyer

We have been able to truly retain our clients due to the software being easy to use.

PROS

Sawyer is so easy to use compared to the software that we left. Viewing of the software is clean and straight forward. We do wish that there was app for both us and the consumer to use to sign up and cancel classes out.

CONS

We wish that there was app for both us and the consumer to use to sign up and cancel classes out. We also hope that clients will be able to cancel out class themselves

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

we weren't able to schedule drop-in classes and semester classes using the jackrabbit software

ROBERT

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Perfect for all your needs

Amazing!

PROS

This is the most user-friendly, easy to use and learn software that I have ever used! Super easy to set up and use daily! Your customers will love it! Customer service is amazing! like honestly, the best ever! I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Sawyer!

CONS

I like everything! You got a lot for the money!

Reason for choosing Sawyer

Sayer was the most robust package! Was the most user friend and intuitive one of them all! The ease of use and customer service is what sold me!

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

Needed a more efficient software (database). Too many issues with mindbody and not user friendly!

Carlie

Reviewed March 2023

One Stop Shop

Easy to use. User friendly. Simple interface. Intuitive. Thorough. We LOVE IT!

PROS

Sawyer has been a game-changer for us. We've used Brightwheel, ProCare, Eventbrite, and Google forms to try to figure out how to manage classes and Sawyer has been the best by far. Setting up the classes was so easy. The program is intuitive and offers all the features that we need it to.

CONS

We wish Sawyer had an app that our community could download, create an account, log in and use as a communication platform between teachers and parents. This would be the cherry on top!

Reason for choosing Sawyer

Sawyer offered features that we needed. The other programs had some of the features but not all the capabilities that Sawyer had. Overall Sawyer is much more robust software.

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

Because these programs didn't offer what Sawyer did.

Nicola

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

Made my life so much easier

It has been a real life changer and saved me so much time. Thank you!!

PROS

I like that it automatically uploads directly onto my website. That I am able to contact everyone enrolled in a class at one time. That I can Use the app as my attendance. I can offer coupon codes or different registration set ups for different classes or locations. The list is endless. I love it!

CONS

Some customers have found the registration set up a little Confusing to find the right class. Messages sent to a group come from sawyer and often end up in junk mail.

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

Sawyer was more geared up for my business rather than square was made more for retail products

Megan