• Pros

• "It's beautiful and it integrates well into my website. It is easy to use on the user's end."

• "Pretty easy to use and functional for our needs. Adaptable to use. "

• "I thought it was beautiful to use and look at and loved the design. I enjoyed the initial on boarding experience. "

• Cons

• "It is more for children at this point and we have classes for children and adults so sometimes we have to do a lot of explaining to people. A little more flexibility for that would be nice. "

• "Some things are tricky to find and setting certain things up correctly takes some getting used to."

• "I wish to customize the enrollment process a little more, but lots of new features seem to be in the roadmap per conversation with Isabelle."

Browse Sawyer Reviews

Ara from Toc Toc Spanish

Very easy to use and adds a professional look to my website

Pros

1. I love that HiSawyer is specific to use for children activities and classes. I tried other booking plugins or websites that were a "one size fits all" (appointments for nail salon or doctor's office) and well... they didn't quite fit for my business. For instance, HiSawyer allows the possibility to see the age and birthdate of the kids, having an "older sibling discount", adding semesters or multiple locations, specially because our class doesn't have only one location... Bookings are specific for a kid's class, and it's awesome. 2. Very easy to use! All what can be done in point #1, is very easy to set up! 3. Professional look. Some other plugins I had tried before look very outdated and amateurish. I love HiSawyer fresh and professional design. It's exactly what I was looking for for months until I bumped into HiSawyer.

Cons

I really love everything about it. If I had to really look for perfection: it would be awesome if there was an app. It might be just me, but checking it from mobile can be a little bit frustrating sometimes. Nothing out of this world, not bugs or errors, just think about checking social media from a web browser in your phone. But other than that, I love this!

Jessica from Riekes Center

Sawyer Review

We are solving are registration process by using Sawyer. Originally, we were using about 6 different spreadsheets that were all complicated on their own level. Because of this, the registration process became very lengthy because parents couldn't register on their own but instead, they had to register with me, an individual, and would have to wait for a process to be completed in order to move forward with registration. This became extremely difficult because one individual registering over 500+ students is not an easy task.

Pros

I like how easy it is to manage and use. Our clients seem to enjoy it as well since it allows them a lot of accessibility and privacy especially when registering. I also appreciate all of the options that we can do for creating camps and classes. Overall, there are a lot of options that we can do for our programs now that we have Sawyer.

Cons

Because of how easy the program is to use, there are some options that we would appreciate having but do not have yet. For one, it would be nice to have the ability to send out receipts to clients on the financials page if we were to increase their balance or charge them through there. It would also be nice to have a notes section on the financials page so that our accountant and I don't have to look through all of our emails to find information regarding a client but instead have it readily available. Another thing, we would appreciate is if the financials alone had the ability to sort the clients by payment method and etc. And if we move to another page and press the back button, it would be nice to not have to restart but instead just have it still remaining on the clients that we searched for.

Stevie from Cygnus Creative Arts Centre

If you are looking for an affordable class management software. This is for you

Pros

This ease and functionality of this program was great when we were checking out other programs to convert from.

Cons

Most of the problems from this software was being able to charge customers/students either by the quarter or monthly depending on what classes they were registered from. The Rep that I was in contact with was suppose to contact me when it was ready to be implemented but never reached back out.

Scott from Chefsville

Chefsville

I am still developing our relationship with Sawyer. Can't say that I am able to give any fair opinion of the overall experience at this time.

Pros

Its ease of use. Many concepts make sense. To be able to assign teachers and increase parent communication. *** Please add ability to attach files *** and please *** update your form software for custom forms - it is terrible right now ***

Cons

This summer Chefsville had over 30 camps. The normal training schedule for Sawyer didn't allow for us being out working those camps so getting trained was twice as hard for Mollie. We actually had to test, play and figure it out until she advised us and we could follow. I still have no idea of what an acknowledgement/registration confirmation e-mail looks like and have customers calling me asking when there next payment is due and what dates our programs are. I have a great email that I use, but I can't use that when I am trusting your software to do it along with payment receipt. We still are not trained and know that your software does more than what we know. Mollie has been out and schools started for us this week. So we are having to scramble to find information. We still need help with our form, our form asks several questions that your profile automatically does. I need to find where and how to get this information, change our form so it asks only one time. Website Widget - we have no control of it! I had to figure out the coding to modify the short code to show Semesters and not camps. I did ask for help, but by the time customer service got to me, many people passed our programs over because they couldn't see how to register by changing "Camps" to "Semesters". I think your clients need to have more controls on their WordPress.

Michelle from Circus Harmony

Sawyer has made my life easier!

I have been very happy overall with Sawyer; creating classes and schedules is easy, reports are a breeze, and parents find it much easier than our other system.

Pros

Financials - reporting, payment plans, etc. I used to spend so much time creating and managing payment plans for parents! Our previous software made it almost impossible to get information about our deposits, fees, etc. It is very transparent with Sawyer.

Megan from His School of Dance

Industry: Fine Art

Sawyer - a perfect fit for our dance school

It has been great for our company. I feel it presents us as a more professional group because of how it looks and operates. It has made our job so much easier as directors.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up. They do all the inputting of information and then send you the code to embed on your website. I like that as a parent, it retains my information from year to year so registering my child is quick and painless. I like how they handle all the gathering of money. For the first time, all our accounts paid their tuition and I didn't have to track anyone down.

Cons

It's hard to get reports of how many kids have registered or print lists by ages. I would like for them to work on that capacity. The last software we used, you could print all kinds of reports but I have a hard time getting what I want on Sawyer.

Crystal from Gears 2 Robots

Finally found something that fits my needs!

Sawyer has been the best registration system I have come across so far after countless demos, trials, and meetings from other systems. The system is easy to use on the administrative side and on the user end. No complaints from customers! The learning curve for this system is quite small, very easy to use! The best part is its functionality! It works the way it is supposed to which seems to be an issue for some registration systems I have come across. It is straight to the point! It was easily embedded onto my site and they provided me with the links I wanted for my registration landing page. Customer service is via email and they get back to you very promptly. Sawyer also has great support and information readily available through their website with step-by-step instructions. From what I have noticed, they are constantly working on improving the system and put in requests for certain suggestions. There are a few downsides: -Fees per transaction are pretty high. This system is a pay per transaction rather than subscription pay, transactions are a little over 5% per transaction. -The ability to customize is not there. I would like to have categories and subcategories to differentiate the many types of services I offer or listing the classes in a different manner. With that said I have still managed to post everything I have needed. Overall I love the system and do not see my business parting with it any time soon!

Pros

Ease & functionality for admin and user.

Cons

Not very customizable for class display.

Melanie from The Paintbrush...a hands-on ART studio for kids

Glad to Have This Service

Overall I am happy to have the service. I wish the pages were easier to navigate and there weren't so many steps to go thru to set things up. But customer service is pretty quick to answer questions (tho not always willing to make the changes for me unless they are REALLY complicated). I am happy to have a way for parents to sign up online and I am too overworked to find an easier software, so I am here for a while.

Pros

I love that I can be doing something else -- anything else -- and I will look at my phone and see that I have a registration. It's always exciting to see who has registered for what and how much money I just made while doing something else! My customers love that they can register online without having to call in!

Cons

It's not intuitive. Even after all the years I have been using it I sometimes still have to search around to find what I want to do. But I am getting better at it! So far there is no way to create online registration for our rolling enrollment.

Emily from Kindermusik with Emily

Industry: Music

Sawyer for music & movement classes

Registration using Sawyer has become so much easier with this program! I cannot tell you how many softwares I tried before finding Sawyer and nothing worked. When I had my initial call it was almost too good to be true! The functionality has taken a lot of the pain and frustration out of the registration process and I really enjoy using the software.

Pros

From the very first time I reached out to Sawyer for an initial phone call, their team has been nothing but helpful, incredibly responsive, and easy to work with. I offer music/movement classes and find it helpful to see the full calendar in upcoming mode. Sawyer integrates well with my website, and parents (for the most part) have not had any issues registering for classes. Enjoy have a month to month payment option, too! As a small business that is just getting started I appreciate the flexible pricing and all of the support from the Sawyer staff!

Cons

The ability to customize a bit more would be nice. Software is probably great for a traditional run school/daycare program/summer camp, however my weekly music class program I find areas that I wish I had a workaround or option in the software to make registration easier for my parents. It would be helpful if the tabs could be changed to fit the names of my classes, as well as the ability to have people use class packs without there being a drop in fee associated. These things might just be specific to my program though!

Heather from Inspired Minds Fine Art School

Industry: Fine Art

Customized for our unique small business

Sawyer gave us the ability to go fully online with registration, attendance and is a great tool as a small business owner to help guide payroll and organize my clients.

Pros

Ease of use on the backend. Easily customize classes, coupons, view live registration in multiple locations on my phone, tablet, or laptop.

Cons

Some less than tech-savvy parents find it hard to navigate to register. Tracking financials could be clearer.

Galina from Galina Isman

Review for Sawyer from Tiny Tunes Studio

I love having Sawyer. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this platform. Simplifies things so much. I would do it over again.

Pros

I love that it's so easy to use and very user friendly. I didn't need to "learn" to use it - it's very self-explanatory. I like that I get paid very fast with Sawyer direct deposits. I like this new party booking feature - haven't tried it yet but intend to sign up for that!

Cons

- it's less flexible in terms of creating one off classes. for example, in pearachute, i am able to create an "impromptu" class with a certain musician. On Sawyer I have to create a new schedule, then a new activity, etc. it's a bit overwhelming. I don't always necessarily want to create an event for one offs but the way the Sawyer system is no you almost have to. - some glitches along the way. i can't always access all the functionalities in my phone (like adding packs to people's accounts for example); certain coupon codes not working after awhile (even without me putting any time restrictions on it); duplicate accounts in Contacts and not being able to delete them (even when there is no packs attached to them) - Reports. I don't really understand how to use them. I will be calling support team to learn more about how I can customize them - If someone comes to studio and pays cash for the class there is no way for me to check them in and note that this is a paid customer because there is no such function in the system. For report purposes I would like to understand paid vs not paid customers. - Function that prompts emails/messages to customers who haven't come to studio in a while. Maybe not an automated email but a reminder email to me saying "Hey, Johnny Smith hasn't come to Tiny Tunes Studio in a while, maybe you want to send them an email offering some sort of a discount for his next visit?" and maybe have like a standard email that each owner can customize then.

Gara from Young Actors Theatre

Industry: Performing Arts

Game-changer for this small youth theatre!

Pros

Always rolling out new functionality Great design

Cons

Lengthy learning curve - takes a while to get into the flow Few options for custom coding

Emily from Artscope

We are very happy we switched to Sawyer

We truly believe our programs are consistently selling out with wait lists because of the ease of use of Sawyer for our parents. It saves them time, and it also saves our staff untold hours of time we were wasting before with a clunky and inaccurate registration sytem that had absolutely horrible tech support.

Pros

Their tech support is beyond compare. Anytime we have a problem, we almost always get a response, from an actual person with a name, within an hour. The response often comes directly from our account manager. They also listen to feedback from their users to continually improve the software.

Cons

My only real complaint is that it does not integrate with Quickbooks, which causes some additional accounting headaches, but still SO much better than the previous registration software we were using.

Melissa from Moosewood Art Studio

Great software for small business owners/teachers

The customer service it the very best. If I ever have a question all I need to do is call or email and I get an answer right away. Help is from a real live person where you are not put on hold for ever. When I set up the program I had an appointment with a tech who put it onto my website and she made sure it was working before she got off the phone with me. I was up and running in 30 minutes!

Pros

I am a visual arts teacher and have a website where parents sign up their children to take classes from my studio. What I like most about Sawyer is how professional it makes my website look and how easy it makes my registration process. All my listings are set up in order of time of week and time of day with a bright red button that is irresistible to push! I love that parents can pay online using a payment plan or pay in full. I dont have to hassle with trying to get payments each month as it is done automatically. All my forms are set up through the software so I get all the information I need about the parents and students. This is all kept in a client list where I can reference when needed. Total Organization tool!

Cons

Some of the things I would like Sawyer to fix or change about their software are the following: 1.) Allow more personalization to the registration page. When I dont have classes to register for, I would like to have my own personal message instead of the generic one Sawyer has. I would also like to allow more personalization on the registration page to look like the rest of my website. I had to change my color scheme a bit to make the red button fit in my layout. 2.) The cost to use this software is not cheap when a customer uses a credit card. It is over 4% of the purchase price and that adds up over the year. I do like that if a parent pays by cash or check there is no charge for using the software. When you have a small business this really cuts into your profits. 3.) One feature I wish Sawyer had in the clients list was a roster you could look at that has your current students and what class they signed up for. As it is now, you have to go to each class and click on it to see who registered for it. It would be so nice to have a roster list separate from the class.

Dara from Makers N Shakers

Highly recommend Sawyer

Ive really liked using Sawyer and how easy it is not just for me to use but my customers as well.

Pros

I really like how Sawyer has great customer and created a product that reflects how they listen to their clients needs.

Cons

So far I havent had any issues. I like that they recently added monthly pricing, which made it easier for me to offer the pricing structure I wanted.

Sarah from ZoomDance

LOVE Sawyer, huge improvement over MindBody

Pros

Sawyer's customer service is stellar, they always respond quickly and usually are able to address the issue within a day or so. The interface is user-friendly, both on the admin backside as well as for the parents looking for classes. I appreciate that it looks good embedded in my website, and that each activity has an option of a direct link.

Cons

There are a few spots where I can't customize as much as I need. Particularly around summer camps.

Olivia from Smith street workshop

Sawyer tools

I have been with sawyer from day one, and it has been so great to see them grow. It has definitely solved a lot of registration problems, and makes the process a bit more seamless. It has freed up quite a bit of admin time to focus on growing the business in other ways.

Pros

THe customer service is the most wonderful aspect of sawyer. If I ever have the smallest problem, the admin team gets back with me within minutes, and a fix is on the way. They are constantly working to make the software better, and really value the relationships they build with their customers. You get the sense that they really care about helping us grow our businesses.

Cons

As they grow, there are frequent bugs. They get worked out very quickly though! Also, as my business grew, I was paying thousands of dollars in fees. I wish I had known about a monthly payment option earlier. I could have saved a very large amount of money.

Nicola from Baby Ballet Long Island

Made my life so much easier

It has been a real life changer and saved me so much time. Thank you!!

Pros

I like that it automatically uploads directly onto my website. That I am able to contact everyone enrolled in a class at one time. That I can Use the app as my attendance. I can offer coupon codes or different registration set ups for different classes or locations. The list is endless. I love it!

Cons

Some customers have found the registration set up a little Confusing to find the right class. Messages sent to a group come from sawyer and often end up in junk mail.

Doc from Space Voyage

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Great Solution to Online Registration using Credit Card

Super experience, company has strong leadership and support communicates quickly and clearly. Willing to help me when priority requests made on using special features of the Sawyer Tool. I'd high recommend Sawyer Tools to any organization taking online registration for classes, events, camps, etc.

Pros

Cloud based, handles all sorts of online registration for educational programs; super support to set up and onboard; affordable; terrific support team; growing company --> adding new features to help me with online registration, class management

Cons

no training videos. Training videos on on-boarding, intro features, advanced features and troubleshooting would be helpful

Sarah from ZoomDance

Incredibly easy to use and nicely streamlined for parents. I love their customer service too!

I'm having a much smoother time registering families for my programs. Previously I had a lot of drop ins and even registrations who hadn't actually paid, but with Sawyer I've really minimized how many people I have to track down for payment later. I also appreciate that there are questions built into registration and that I can even add more questions, which comes in very handy when I'm running the camp and have kids for the whole day.

Pros

It is really user-friendly. It did not take long to learn it and I can train my admin staff to use it pretty quickly. I like the interface, everything looks nice and is readily accessible. I LOVE the customer service team, they have always been really fantastic and totally understand my needs as a small business offering kids' programming.

Cons

It is simpler than some of the other registration systems, which I think mostly works to it's advantage. Sometimes though I need the software to do something more specific and there's not an option available. I do appreciate that their customer service team is always really responsive to these moments though. They either walk me through other options or even talk to the development team about adding further features.

Rachel from Cooking Thyme, LLC

Industry: Food Production

Why I like Sawyer for my Business

Positive, Forward Thinking, Clean, Professional, Understands Enrichment Classes, Oppertunities to Grow you business using their product.

Pros

Sawyer "gets" my business. It is nice to have a platform that has already thought of what I need for my enrichment class platforms. I have worked with other online registration platforms, the interface is not as clean and beautiful as Sawyer and it required more time spent on my end customizing. Also, Sawyer sends payments DAILY rather than twice a month - which is huge for a small business.

Cons

Like anything new, it takes time to get used to the functions and how to set everything up. But if you do it well the first time, you will only need to go back to make minor edits for each class. The customer service is TOP NOTCH! This was a HUGE reason I did not get frustrated in those early days of set-up. It took time, but I had assistance at my fingertips whenever I called. Shout our to our support staff

DeMarcus from Neos Dance Theatre

Great, but not Excellent

I thought the onboarding with Sawyer was smooth and the team was enthusiastic to support our transition into the software. While the service is pretty great, and our support person has been receptive to our needs, it does not seem that Sawyer is able to make adaptive changes based on the customer's needs. I say this with the assumption that organizations similar to ours (in terms of services offered and size of customer base) have similar- if not the same- needs as ours.

Pros

What I like most about the Sawyer software is that it suits the needs of a robust program like ours in that it provides seamless attendance tracking , easy student and parent information maintenance, as well as accessible finance reporting.

Cons

I would say opportunities for Sawyer to improve its program is to make it feasible for prerequisites classes to be offered individually. Also, when reporting, the dates of transactions aren't visible which is helpful for our record keeping. Lastly, there isn't a comprehensive database feature in which one can view the entire enrollment list at a glance.

Megan from Roseville Theatre Arts Academy

Time Saver!

Pros

I love how easy it makes for our patrons to sign up for our classes. We used to do everything by hand, take payments over the phone.... but now this system gives the ownership of the registration process over to the patrons. It's saved us so much time. Now we can get back to the work we need to get done without wasting time over paperwork.

Cons

I feel like the process of adding semesters and activities could be streamlined a little better. And I wish we could just choose every date of our classes instead of it being an automated feature. Our schedules change quite a bit so sometimes we may have a weekly class on Mondays, but some weeks it changes to Tuesday or the start time may change. It doesn't let you fix any of that which is frustrating.

Alexander from Little Bandits

Industry: Music

Making registration about as easy and seamless as possible!

Pros

Sawyer has been an instrumental part of our new kids' class. Customer service, ease of use, communication, and transparency are part of our core values as a business, and Sawyer has been important to us because it creates a web experience that extends those values to our customers.

Cons

Pretty much the only drawbacks to working with Sawyer have had to do with their newness and innovation. There have been a few occasions where we've communicated problems to their customer service team. They've responded by saying that they've identified the problem, and are working to roll out a new feature that fixes it. And sure enough, within the next few weeks we'll see an email announcement for the new feature. That means that Sawyer doesn't necessarily do everything we want it to do "out-of-the-box", but I feel confident that if something is missing, it just means they're still working on rolling it out.

Meg from Studio Stitch Creative Club

Sawyer Tools

Customer service is outstanding. I like that the confirmation emails they are automatically sent to clients when they sign up. Software looks fresh and modern.

Pros

Ive been running a sewing school for 14 years. Incorporating Sawyer Tools has changed my life for the better. I was bogged down with juggling sign ups, keeping class lists current, collecting tuition, tracking financials, sending updates and notices to parents, and so much more. Sawyer Tools takes care of all these tasks in one easy to use platform.

Cons

I would like to be able to have clients sign up and pay for birthday parties without a lot of back ad forth via emails. I would also like to be able to edit more if the client info from my end. For instance adding student allergies , etc.

Gabrielle from Passion Studios

Sawyer for Piano Studio

I am booking 50% more than I have previously! Customer service is very responsive, friendly and ready to help. I just wish there were some more intuitive features in place on the back end.

Pros

I like that I can set up my classes, have students be in charge of their credit card, and limit how much my teachers can see. I love that i can put a link in my website so that people can sign up for free classes on their own.

Cons

When I make modifications to a class for the future, it changes all past classes. There's no great way to set up a subscription but allow people to pay via check or cash, only via payment plan. The payments should be easier to use for everyone. Receipts should reflect how they paid me that month rather than the total value of the payment plan. When downloading custom forms, I would love to have each custom field have its own column rather than bunched together.

Kyle from International Charter School of New York

Industry: Music

A lot of great things going for it

Pros

I loved that the graphics were beautiful, and that I was able to add pictures/logos to a presentable page for my families.

Cons

An automatic waitlist would be great! When a class fills up, have families enter a waitlist with their credit card info and when a space opens, the next person is automatically added and notified. I also had trouble with adding one child to one class last year. The class was full but wanted to allow one additional student in. It turned out the only way this parent could pay was in person because the link wasn't working. I had to awkwardly bring my laptop to dismissal and take their credit card info and type it in manually. If there was a way I could create charges and forward them electronically to adults that would be much better! Also, on the calendar, there should automatically be national holidays (and possibly religious holidays) entered in just so that people can see them on there. I found myself having to go back and forth making sure that certain dates didn't conflict. It would be even better if there was a way we could add dates that would not work (e.g. spring break or conference day). Then sawyer would automatically skip classes on the days we entered in.

Melanie from German-Texan Heritage Society

Loving the ease and customer service the most!

Sign up is so much easier for everyone involved. Just wonderful!

Pros

Love that I get immediate responses when I have a question. I never feel like I'm left to fend for myself. Great customer service. It's really easy to operate. I can have all my teachers access their classes separately and I can see how they communicate with their students and parents. It just makes life so much easier!

Cons

I would love to have an "order books here" tab for each class. It would also be great to be able to ad a siblings discount to classes even if they don't take the same class. I would love to see "at a glance" what teacher is teaching what class and how many students are in that class.

Sarah from Brooklyn Game Lab

Sawyer

Good. Service chat is sometimes great and sometimes useless.

Pros

Pretty easy to use and functional for our needs. Adaptable to use.

Cons

Reporting for financials is not all that my accountant would like. Hard to sort information for different uses. Everyone in company needs to be in the same view (calendar versus list) Calendar doesn't let you scroll down to see what is happening in the next month you need to manually change months. This is difficult for many month semesters of classes.

Stacey from Allergic to Salad

Some essentials missing

Pros

It's easy for us to enter class information adn we like that all our educators can have their own log-ins.

Cons

There is no flex on pricing -- no ability for sliding scale or a variety of pricing options. This is our biggest issue and why we still use Eventbrite for many of our events. The design is sort of meh. We wish there was more flex to personalize it. Search function is not intuitive/ hard to search for classes (from a consumer point) Back pages are not intuitive. Example: we were looking for a financial summary report from one of our providers and it took me over 30 minutes to find this.

Dara from Stomp and Shout Oak Park

Now that I've gotten the hang of it, I definitely think it's a great service!

Pros

It was very easy to get my classes set up and I find the way the system works to be functional. I haven't had many issues at all as an administrator.

Cons

I do find that it works the best from my computer as opposed to my phone. As a teacher, I've had several parents have issues with signups going through, but honestly, that might be due to parent error or administrator error. Now that I'm running my own registrations, I haven't had any problems.

Great for small businesses

Wonderful!

Pros

I love that we are only charged a fee when we get a booking, versus a monthly fee. This is great for a small business that gets a lot of customers at the start of each season, but then has 1-2 months that are slower. The customer service is also phenomenal!

Cons

Occasionally the way things are laid out can be confusing or the opposite of what you might expect. But once you get a hang of it, its very easy to use.

Olivia from Smith Street Workshop

Sawyer has been an incredible resource for me and has helped my business grow. It is wonderful!

Increased efficiency, productivity, and freed up time to focus on growing my business. Parents love the seamlessness of the registration process, and it is so easy to set things up on the back end as well.

Pros

I love the ease of use, the customer support, and the frequent upgrades they make to the service. They have a brilliant team of tech support and programmers and are extremely professional and available for all of my business needs.

Alison from The Art Studio of Calera

Great software for registrations!

I have been super impressed with the way Sawyer is adding options and new features all the time. The customer service I have received from Isabelle and the rest of the team is top-notch!

Pros

I love that I have all of my services in one place. It makes registration simple and easy for both my customers and myself! I also love that I can create a service once and then simply copy and paste it into my schedule. It makes customization very easy.

Cons

Sometimes the navigation of Sawyer Tools can be cumbersome. It would be nice to have a menu drop-down that allows access to other pages without having to go back to the main menu each time. Also, being able to add a quantity option for adult events and classes would be quite helpful.

Katie from Congressional Chorus

Industry: Music

Fantastic, easy to use platform with a responsive tech team

This software is incredibly user friendly and has features that make scheduling, registration, and management of programs simple and effective. Any issues I had with the platform would be responded to within a day and generally fixed within 2. The team behind Sawyer is friendly and helpful, and the software was exactly what I needed to more smoothly run a youth summer camp.

Pros

User friendly platform, responsive and helpful tech team, great features for youth program management. I especially like how easy the financial aspects of the platform are - customers can register for a class, do add-ons, and I can do quick charges to a saved card as needed. Financial records and reports are easy to access and read.

Cons

I had a few issues with getting some customers registered due to some software bugs/glitches, but the tech team was communicative and resolved the problem within a week.

Lance from Allison's Art Bus, LLC

Industry: Fine Art

A great class time solution!

Overall the time savings and the organization has just been awesome. We started integrating Sawyer slowly with our classes, but we are only moving forward with Sawyer now!

Pros

We used to do registrations with pen and paper, and then we would have to scan or manually enter information from those forms. Not to mention generate rosters manually for several classes. Sawyer organizes all of that for us and saves me valuable time!

Cons

There is an extremely small (and unavoidable) learning curve in setting up the classes and form. However, the support we were able to get from the online archives answered our questions quickly and the one question I sent to tech support (at 11pm) was answered the next morning before 9am!

Cheryl from Sugar Beet Schoolhouse

Good with potential to get better

Every time I have a question it is answered but the answer is usually, "we are working on that function - stay tuned!".

Pros

Cons

The software caters to companies that run camps and week long events for kids but it doesn't have options to view rosters and add kids in that way which has caused a lot of confusion and work for me this season.

Lacey from Oh! Canary LLC

Great Service and User friendly interface

Pros

I find the interface of Sawyer to be aesthetically pleasing, simple, and user friendly. Posting classes and keeping track of enrollment and attendance and monitoring revenue is so easy since we started using the software. Customer Service has been prompt, friendly, and helpful.

Cons

Features and flexibility of the software have been limited, but since we started using the software, they have been rolling out helpful new features constantly like waitlists, memberships, and parties. Even though features have been a little limiting, I like that they seem to be listening to their clients and adding more all the time.

Jason from Bricks West Oahu

Sawyer saved the day and helped me double my business

The ability to run both a drop-in center and various remote locations simultaneously.

Pros

I love the interface design and how intuitive it is to use. Additionally, the ability to create add-ons, save CC data, and the flexibility it offers our parents is outstanding.

Cons

Switching between Sawyer Tools and HI Sawyer especially when on an iPad can be confusing. It seems like I am always using the back button to navigate through the menus.

Ryan from Colorado Center for Metal Arts

This is a great product!

overall we have been very happy with our experience with Sawyer. It has really made managing our workshops much easier.

Pros

This is the first product we found to have all the functions that we wanted in one place. Easy to set up new classes and workshops. Easy to access class rosters, and communicate with students in the class. It makes registering for our workshops very easy on the customer side.

Cons

We would like to be able to add multiple photos to a listing. Because the software is geared towards classes and camps for children some of our clients are confused at first because we primarily have adult classes.

Catina from Stitchez Sewing Center

Sawyer Review

Overall using Sawyer has been great for my business and my bottom line.

Pros

First of all one pro I'd like to point out is the price. The fact that the user fee is billed to the client. That is a definite plus. The software is pretty easy to use after some training.

Cons

What I don't like about the software is that anytime I need to make some changes on the website I have to contact the company.

Ewa from Little Planets, LLC

Sawyer is good with room to grow

Pros

Sawyer is visually appealing to work with and fairly user friendly. It's one of the only scheduling softwares that is specifically designed for scheduling children's activities.

Cons

Some functions and layouts are not intuitive. There are several pricing and customer specific options that cannot be adjusted at this time and the alternative solutions offered by customer support are time consuming.

Kellie from The Art Nook

Perfect for small business!

It's been great working with Sawyer so far. The customer service team has been very responsive to my questions and has helped me with through some confusingly moments, answering all my questions and helping me learn how to use the tools better. I like that they are very open to feedback and are constantly seeking ways to improve the software so it is convenient and intuitive for clients. I also love the clean interface. The design is really nice for both clients and users.

Pros

I like that there is no monthly or minimum fee, which is great for small business owners who might only bring in money now and then. Sawyer takes a very small percentage off of every transaction made, which means I can run my business at my own pace, and even take breaks without worrying about wracking up fees! I also live that clients can create an account which makes it easy for them to return and sign up again and again.

Cons

There are a few features that I would like to be more intuitive and seamless. I wish I could email a person or group of people directly through Sawyer simply by selecting them in the contacts menu. I also wish I could personalize the use of the sibling discount to work even when families don't sign them up for the same class. There are a few other small improvements I'd like to see. Otherwise, is been a great product so far!

Jestina from Education Management

Oh Sawyer!

It has been good, we will use sawyer this school year again. Will most likely go in for another training before school starts as well.

Pros

Customer service is great, they respond well and come to you. Price is decent, good record of income.

Cons

I wish there were more features, for example, if I need all the girl 2nd graders on a list or Pk kids with allergies and it just pop up on a report that would be great.

Jamie from Jam with Jamie

As a company owner, I have found the software to be incredibly helpful with scheduling my classes!

A great looking and organized way for our clients to sign up for classes on our website!

Pros

I really like how the way the software looks on my website and its functionality. Customer service has also been incredible and has taken all of our suggestions and tried to implement as much as possible to make everything easier for us to use and for our customers.

Cons

I wish there were a few more options on how to display classes as semester versus drop in. Also some clients have found it frustrating to sign up for a class- honestly i think this is pure laziness on the customer end and not wanting to have to "sign up" for sawyer tools in order to sign up for our class but if there was a way around not having to do this it would make it much easier for us to have drop ins pay at class. generally they don't want to go through the whole signing up process because it looks more difficult then just inputting payment.

Laura from Vibe of Portland

Vibe loves Sawyer

Sawyer has been amazing to work with. Im looking forward to work on implementing their party platform.

Pros

I love that its simple and intuitive to use. It has been essential to the growth we have experienced this year- without it I would have been in spreadsheet hell.

Cons

Some updates on the customer side would be good to have- them being able to update email addresses or be able to merge users- say a Dad registered for a class and then the mom did it another time- it would be great to have an account merge capability.

Danielle from Park Day School

Sawyer for After School Program

Sawyer has helped keep my work organized. Without Sawyer I would have been doing everything manually and lots of mistakes are made when I do that! The customer service has been outstanding.

Pros

I LOVE how easy it is to navigate. There's nothing super complicated about using it. It is very straight forward and intuitive.

Cons

Nothing I dislike per say. I just wish I could personalize it a little more. Add my own events on to the calendar for parents to see. I wish I could have a roster for the classes that is easy to print out and looks nice.

Popi from After School Brilliance

Helps me focus on what I do best: Deliver Quality!

Sawyer has been phenomenal from day 1 when the team contacted me - super professional, responsive and extremely helpful. Great team - great product. Makes my life as a small business owner soooooo much easier!

Pros

Easy to set up Reusable plug & play widgets Access to listings and financials Registration and payment is taken care of

Cons

The product is constantly improving - I would like to see it be more intuitive (it already is great, just needs more ease for self-serve purposes). Overall, really enjoy having this product

Gina from Cook n Grow

Sawyer made my life easier!

We love Sawyer, Im so grateful we found you and look forward to growing together!

Pros

-Amazing customer service. You ALWAYS talk to a real (amazing) person, they know your name and know what they are doing. -Easy to use. Our parents love it as much as we do! Sawyer takes care of rosters and reports while I spend time working on the business, not in the business. -They are constantly getting better! I think is terrific that they actually use their costumers feedback to improve their Software, theyre genius!

Cons

-They have a few features to tweak to make it work for us. I think its designed for 1 person to manage all. As we grow, as a business owner I dont want to do everything myself but I also dont want to give all my employees access to all the financial info. I think Sawyer should develop Account Privileges a little more.

Korri from KaleidoKids Art Studio

Best scheduling software!

I havent had any bad experiences with Sawyer! Their customer service is awesome and they keep updating their software to make it more useful and efficient.

Pros

I love being able to use this software with my clients! It has worked out really well, since Im now able to send them direct links and they can create their own schedule and book exactly what they need to book.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to the software, but after using it for a short time I was used to it fairly quickly!