All Ubindi Reviews

Robin

May 2022

Take the work out of your job and get back to teaching

I was fortunate to have Ubindi fall Into my lap at the start of the pandemic when my business was being faced with so many challenges. Ubindi offered our school a way to transition and connect our students to an online platform that took all of the guess work out. I encourage all of our yoga teacher training graduates to use ubindi.

Pros

Ubindi has created an easy to use, inexpensive platform that all yoga teachers would benefit from using. The amount of time I’ve received back into my busy life is hugely because of ubindi. Their platform takes the challenges out of scheduling, communication, and money collecting. Ubindi also has incredible customer service. I never have to wait for a response to a question and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] go out of their way to do work for their customers simply because they want to be helpful. Just amazing! So grateful.

Cons

Hmm… there’s honestly nothing I don’t like about the product. It’s so easy to use and implement into your website.

Reasons for choosing Ubindi

Ubindi does everything our yoga school needs for a fraction of the cost.

Reasons for switching to Ubindi

For my yoga school, Ubindi does all of the things the other companies I listed did for a ridiculously low cost. It’s an absolute no brained to switch.

Karen

Ubindi is great!

I have found Ubindi to be helpful front the start. It's easy to set up payments, and great to keep track of students. The real key has been how the developers continue to check in with teachers/users to see what tweaks and improvements are needed. It's reasonably priced.

Pros

This software great for a small business. It's not a huge dive into too much of a program for an individual teacher. It's easy to sign up and get classes listed. I love that the developers keep improving and asking for input from users as they work to make Ubindi a better product

Cons

There are some features that are lacking- I'd like to be able to go back to a class and edit who was or was not in attendance because sometimes I make a make a mistake and check off the wrong student. It would be nice to see an actual app for students to download rather than a website based app. Sometimes it's confusing or cumbersome for students to go to a website rather than opening an app and everything is already in front of them.

Reasons for choosing Ubindi

MindBody is expensive and too much program for my needs as a sole proprietor with no retail products to sell. iClassPro just seems clunky from a student standpoint, so I wasn't interested in it from a teacher/administrator standpoint.

Response from Ubindi

Hi Karen thanks so much for your review! Just so you know, you can always edit class attendance, even after taking attendance already. Simply click the green "check list" on any class in the past to open the attendance view :)

Replied September 2020

Paula

I don't know...

I was very impressed at first glance. It easily integrated with our website using html, and the Stripe payment seems to be seamless although I think Ubinid is requesting a 'cut' on top of Stripe's fees. I think it will end up more expensive than ones that are costlier upfront. It basically 'can' do the minimum of what we need it to do, but there are several aspects that might be deal-breakers.

Pros

It's quite easy to set up and it is one of the few reasonably-priced apps that allow us to schedule multiple training sessions for the same day/time for classes that run concurrently.

Cons

There doesn't appear to have any way of automatically reminding participants of their upcoming classes. Also, I really don't like that anyone who wants to register for a class has to sign up for an Ubindi account. I want them to sign up with MY company so that we have control over the privacy and security of their information. There needs to be a sign-up form to get detailed contact information and other crucial data required for intake.

Reasons for choosing Ubindi

I chose Ubindi over Calendly because of its ability to book multiple courses in a given timeslot.

Reasons for switching to Ubindi

Although I love everything else about Calendly, I haven't found a good way to schedule multiple, full- and half-day training sessions at the same time. We have multiple trainers and services that can be scheduled concurrently and I haven't been able to figure this out.

Response from Ubindi

Thanks for the nice review! To clarify a few points: - Student reminders: people who sign up for classes automatically get a confirmation + a reminder email. You can also email the participants of any class. - Signing up on Ubindi: when students sign up, they are in fact signing up with you & are added to your student list. Only you have access to this list. Your students' data is yours (you can always download it & it is never ever shared). There's no app out there where clients don't have to sign up. We don't know where to send confirmation emails otherwise. Also, for security, we can't let people join classes without knowing who they are. - Ubindi takes a 'cut' on top of Stripe: that's true, it's how Ubindi earns money. We explain it on our pricing page (fees are 5% on the 'Free' plan, 2% on 'Essential', and 0% on 'Pro'). Ubindi works even if you take payments off platform, then it costs 0 but will still save you hours of admin. Thanks again. We're always happy to help

Replied October 2021

Chelsea

First Time Studio Owner, LOVES UBINDI

Managing my emails to students was a problem I never had to deal with as I don't pay for an @RMDYyoga.com email - so it looks professional and clean at a fraction of the cost. Also, I am grateful for the ease of set up with new students!

Pros

Very intuitive and many many user friendly directions! If you have any questions, Alex or customer service is SO quick to respond!

Cons

I would love to be able to download reporting, or drop into excel, not sure thats available.

Reasons for choosing Ubindi

It was more user friendly and cost friendly for a first time studio owner in my opinion.

Response from Ubindi

Hi Chelsea, thanks so much for the kind review of Ubindi! To answer your question about downloading reports and spreadsheets: yes, you CAN do that. On your "Settings" page you'll find a big button to export everything :)

Hannah

Ubindi review

Really good. The customer service is fantastic, very quick to respond and instantly try and solve your problem. I think the site is very easy to set up and use and is very reasonably priced. Overall I’m very happy.

Pros

I think the software is very easy to set up and use. I was drawn to it because you can have the on demand library and set many different payment options. For example I have pay as you go, bulk buy bundles as well as monthly subscriptions. All this and for a very reasonable cost.

Cons

From my clients point of view, some people would like to be able to create a ‘basket’ of bookings and pay for multiple classes all at once rather than one at a time. The other thing I think would be helpful is email reminders of classes booked and an email notification if someone cancels a booking.

Reasons for choosing Ubindi

Price and ease of use. Also I was recommended Ubindi by a fellow yoga teacher.

Reasons for switching to Ubindi

To be able to have on demand videos and subscriptions.

Response from Ubindi

Hi Hannah, thanks for the nice review! About your comment that customers would like to pay for multiple classes at once with some kind of basket: you can easily offer this by creating a pass (or better yet, a monthly subscription) for your students :)

Nancy

May 2022

Perfect software for my small business

Always responds quickly when you have a question. They are motivated to keep making improvements to the software.

Pros

Easy to use and set up. I am a very small business so this product works great for me. But it would also suit a larger business as well.

Cons

There is nothing that I don’t like about Ubindi

Reasons for choosing Ubindi

I liked that I was able to set up my system to be free. I also love that I can link recorded classes to my page.

Marjolein

May 2022

Marjolein is happy with ubindi

It makes planning classes mutch more visual and organised. Adding and removing students both by me as by themselves is a great tool. Having a Page of myself without needing a website makes me more visible on thé web without thé tiresome maintenance of a personal website.

Pros

It's user friendlyness, thé fact that no installation is required, just a webbrowser. Thé super customer service... The everything i needed as a teacher is available.

Cons

I would be more interested in thé payment feature if online payment other than with visa card platforms would be usable.

Reasons for switching to Ubindi

Doodle didn't work no more in thé way that is used it.

Gina

May 2022

Pretty easy to use software, wish it had some different features.

Ubindi makes it easy to schedule classes and accept payments.

Pros

This product is pretty easy to use, and customer service is very responsive. I like that I can email students directly from Ubindi.

Cons

I feel it's a pretty simple product for the fees charged. It was also pretty difficult to understand the credits v. the packages. I wish there were a button for a no-show to quickly decide whether to assign a credit or charge them. I do like the teacher to teacher referral program.

Reasons for choosing Ubindi

It was recommended by another teacher friend.

Response from Ubindi

Hi Gina, thanks for the review you are a pretty tough reviewer! To answer your question (about deciding to credit no shows or to charge them): this is super easy on Ubindi! Generally, "no-shows" are charged. Just because someone doesn't show up, it doesn't mean they automatically get a refund. But you can decide to refund people if you want on a case by case basis, it literally takes only 3 clicks or so!

Margaret

May 2022

Ubindi is great for individuals just starting out.

Pretty good.

Pros

This software is easy to use. The best part is that is it doesn't charge me a ton of money to use it like many other programs. It definitely caters to individuals who can't afford a bunch of up front fees it charges a small percentage of what your clients pay for your class. It allows me to do donation based classes and suggests payment to my clients.

Cons

The email list could have more features so I could use it a little more. I wish I could see my clients email addresses or the list should have more features. I should be able to send nice looking emails, but I can't preview them before they send.

Reasons for choosing Ubindi

It didn't have upfront costs, and the other fees are reasonable.

Stephanie

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Does the job!

Pros

I like that the customer service is amazing. I can always reach someone either immediately or within an hour or two with the help I need. The product is streamlined and effective.

Cons

I would like a calendar view for booking/class schedule because I am visual person.

Reasons for switching to Ubindi

Wanted something more simple, stream lined, and effective.

Diego Luis

May 2022

The boost I needed for my online school.

Since I found Ubindi everything has been growth and progress. My students were enthusiastic as soon as they learned about the new platform where we would now have the school. It has been a pleasant experience for them to have things easier to book their classes, automate payments, be able to choose from many more options, bonuses, promotions, plans, etc... now everyone can feel that they control their budget and choose how and when to take his classes... this, contrary to what one would think, skyrocketed my subscriptions. The help service is extraordinary, very human and willing to always provide solutions. The aesthetics of the platform is impeccable, sober, simple but professional. It goes well with the environment in which we, teaching professionals, move. Beyond any of the many virtues that Ubindi has, by far the one that stands out the most is that as a whole, this tool has literally made my school grow, and let me shine for my students...

Pros

- Very complete, it has everything a teacher needs to provide an excellent service, allowing them to focus on what is important... on "teaching" - Simple to use, both for the teacher and for the students. -Perfect integration with website and payment gateway. - Full control of my classes. - good presentation, image of professionalism before the students. - innovative. - incredible customer service... what one would expect from people who are dedicated to the world of teaching. -the system of packages and passes is a genius. Only with this my reserves increased. - Integration when creating rooms or sharing the teacher's profile so that more students find us. - automation and control when sending reservation notification to the student (this gives a lot of peace of mind after a payment by the student) -automation when providing a button to access classes. - attendance. -automatic reinstatement of classes or credits when a student does not attend (this is the coolest thing) forget about taking roll by yourself... - sale of videos on demand (another gold mine that increases profits)

Cons

-I would like to have more statistics about my students. - a control is needed to block haters or people who can be added to our community in order to annoy. While students can be deleted or deleted, students can still re-register. - there is no other cons, really with Ubindi everything is win-win...

Response from Ubindi

Gracias Diego!

Zoe

May 2022

Best Value Software for Yoga Teachers!

Great customer service, easy to use, great price.

Pros

It was super easy to join Ubindi and transfer all of my existing members over. It is simple and easy to use.

Cons

This system lacks the same level of visibility of some other systems, for example being able to click on a member and see itemised all of their bookings and payments easily, instead you just see the total spend and most recent class attended. So to cancel a booking for a client you can't do it by accessing them on the system you need to do it by going to each of the individual sessions.

Price

Price

Lee

Ubindi would be the best - if ....

I really enjoyed using Ubindi - its easy, logical, and very user-friendly if ..... you use any other currency except South African Rand :( I would recommend this booking system and I would be keen to be notified when Rands/cents are accepted, then I'll be back! But for now, I need something that assists me in collecting fees.

Pros

Ubindi is really easy to set up and use. I liked the fact that you can add classes and change times as and when needed. I needed to put something in place for managing the size of the my classes with the onset of Covid and this was really the best there was at the time of "shopping around". I also appreciate the fact that it has a 'free to use' option ~ especially as I'm not a large Yoga studio.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like but 1. There isn't a reminder sent when a student is booked - they need to keep going back into the system to see when they had booked for. 2. and this is probably the biggest gripe (and I have sent emails to the support team to this effect!!) they do not support South African Rand.... so students book but don't pitch (I know... but life happens) and it is easier to "not pitch" when you haven't paid.

Reasons for choosing Ubindi

It was available to use free of charge as I am a small Yoga studio.

Response from Ubindi

Thanks for the review Lee Just FYI reminder email are sent to students if they book an online (virtual class), 15 minutes before class time. For in-person classes, reminders are not sent... but we figure that sending a reminder just before class will be too late if the student forgot and has to travel across town...

Replied January 2022

Linda

Ubindi is a Small Studios' Best Friend

So far, my experience has been wonderful. I had actually been using a pretty good format for attendance/communication, etc... but I'm seeing that Ubindi is just about to surpass that format. I've had my profile all set up and my student list created. I feel much more confident about switching everyone over to Ubindi in the very near future.

Pros

I like the ease and simplicity of it but mostly, I love that it was designed for the small studio experience. Often, we need to be diversified and Ubindi gets it. Class bookings with flexibility and 1-1 appointments, class cards/memberships/donation/free options! I don't have to have a clunky combination of apps. I also appreciate the responsiveness of the Dynamic Duo behind Ubindi. They have really listened to small studio owners.

Cons

I would say that the only con is that they haven't reached their peak yet, where Ubindi is at the pinnacle. But that's ok. It's fun to watch the progression and development.

Reasons for switching to Ubindi

As I said above - Ubindi will surpass the competitor in features that are still in development but which will allow me to seamlessly create another way to generate revenue and make use of all the recorded classes I've been collecting.

Response from Ubindi

Dear Linda, thank you so much for these very kind words we hope Ubindi can continue to live up to your expectations!

Replied August 2020