Browse Ubindi Reviews

Linda from Suite 7 Yoga & Ayurveda

Ubindi is a Small Studios' Best Friend

So far, my experience has been wonderful. I had actually been using a pretty good format for attendance/communication, etc... but I'm seeing that Ubindi is just about to surpass that format. I've had my profile all set up and my student list created. I feel much more confident about switching everyone over to Ubindi in the very near future.

Pros

I like the ease and simplicity of it but mostly, I love that it was designed for the small studio experience. Often, we need to be diversified and Ubindi gets it. Class bookings with flexibility and 1-1 appointments, class cards/memberships/donation/free options! I don't have to have a clunky combination of apps. I also appreciate the responsiveness of the Dynamic Duo behind Ubindi. They have really listened to small studio owners.

Cons

I would say that the only con is that they haven't reached their peak yet, where Ubindi is at the pinnacle. But that's ok. It's fun to watch the progression and development.

Reasons for Switching to Ubindi

As I said above - Ubindi will surpass the competitor in features that are still in development but which will allow me to seamlessly create another way to generate revenue and make use of all the recorded classes I've been collecting.

Response from Ubindi

Replied August 2020

Dear Linda, thank you so much for these very kind words we hope Ubindi can continue to live up to your expectations!

Karen from Intentional movement san diego

Ubindi is great!

I have found Ubindi to be helpful front the start. It's easy to set up payments, and great to keep track of students. The real key has been how the developers continue to check in with teachers/users to see what tweaks and improvements are needed. It's reasonably priced.

Pros

This software great for a small business. It's not a huge dive into too much of a program for an individual teacher. It's easy to sign up and get classes listed. I love that the developers keep improving and asking for input from users as they work to make Ubindi a better product

Cons

There are some features that are lacking- I'd like to be able to go back to a class and edit who was or was not in attendance because sometimes I make a make a mistake and check off the wrong student. It would be nice to see an actual app for students to download rather than a website based app. Sometimes it's confusing or cumbersome for students to go to a website rather than opening an app and everything is already in front of them.

Reasons for Choosing Ubindi

MindBody is expensive and too much program for my needs as a sole proprietor with no retail products to sell. iClassPro just seems clunky from a student standpoint, so I wasn't interested in it from a teacher/administrator standpoint.

Response from Ubindi

Replied September 2020

Hi Karen thanks so much for your review! Just so you know, you can always edit class attendance, even after taking attendance already. Simply click the green "check list" on any class in the past to open the attendance view :)

Lee from Yoga with Lee

Ubindi would be the best - if ....

I really enjoyed using Ubindi - its easy, logical, and very user-friendly if ..... you use any other currency except South African Rand :( I would recommend this booking system and I would be keen to be notified when Rands/cents are accepted, then I'll be back! But for now, I need something that assists me in collecting fees.

Pros

Ubindi is really easy to set up and use. I liked the fact that you can add classes and change times as and when needed. I needed to put something in place for managing the size of the my classes with the onset of Covid and this was really the best there was at the time of "shopping around". I also appreciate the fact that it has a 'free to use' option ~ especially as I'm not a large Yoga studio.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like but 1. There isn't a reminder sent when a student is booked - they need to keep going back into the system to see when they had booked for. 2. and this is probably the biggest gripe (and I have sent emails to the support team to this effect!!) they do not support South African Rand.... so students book but don't pitch (I know... but life happens) and it is easier to "not pitch" when you haven't paid.

Reasons for Choosing Ubindi

It was available to use free of charge as I am a small Yoga studio.

Response from Ubindi

Replied January 2022

Thanks for the review Lee Just FYI reminder email are sent to students if they book an online (virtual class), 15 minutes before class time. For in-person classes, reminders are not sent... but we figure that sending a reminder just before class will be too late if the student forgot and has to travel across town...

Paula from SafestWork Consulting Inc.

I don't know...

I was very impressed at first glance. It easily integrated with our website using html, and the Stripe payment seems to be seamless although I think Ubinid is requesting a 'cut' on top of Stripe's fees. I think it will end up more expensive than ones that are costlier upfront. It basically 'can' do the minimum of what we need it to do, but there are several aspects that might be deal-breakers.

Pros

It's quite easy to set up and it is one of the few reasonably-priced apps that allow us to schedule multiple training sessions for the same day/time for classes that run concurrently.

Cons

There doesn't appear to have any way of automatically reminding participants of their upcoming classes. Also, I really don't like that anyone who wants to register for a class has to sign up for an Ubindi account. I want them to sign up with MY company so that we have control over the privacy and security of their information. There needs to be a sign-up form to get detailed contact information and other crucial data required for intake.

Reasons for Choosing Ubindi

I chose Ubindi over Calendly because of its ability to book multiple courses in a given timeslot.

Reasons for Switching to Ubindi

Although I love everything else about Calendly, I haven't found a good way to schedule multiple, full- and half-day training sessions at the same time. We have multiple trainers and services that can be scheduled concurrently and I haven't been able to figure this out.

Response from Ubindi

Replied October 2021

Thanks for the nice review! To clarify a few points: - Student reminders: people who sign up for classes automatically get a confirmation + a reminder email. You can also email the participants of any class. - Signing up on Ubindi: when students sign up, they are in fact signing up with you & are added to your student list. Only you have access to this list. Your students' data is yours (you can always download it & it is never ever shared). There's no app out there where clients don't have to sign up. We don't know where to send confirmation emails otherwise. Also, for security, we can't let people join classes without knowing who they are. - Ubindi takes a 'cut' on top of Stripe: that's true, it's how Ubindi earns money. We explain it on our pricing page (fees are 5% on the 'Free' plan, 2% on 'Essential', and 0% on 'Pro'). Ubindi works even if you take payments off platform, then it costs 0 but will still save you hours of admin. Thanks again. We're always happy to help

Sabrina from self-employed

Good starting class management system

I have realized the development of an online Pilates/yoga teaching career (vocation, since it is my second/hobby job). I had bee teaching at a chain gym before the COVID-19lockdown, then transitioned to free classes online, then made the step to go permanently online for a nominal fee from my clients. Ubindi made that possible without taking much effort.

Pros

Ubindi is easy to set up. Existing email lists can be added with their help. Payment packages are limited, but since the program is new, users have a say in how it evolves, in a sense the future of Ubindi will be crowdsourced. It interfaces well with Stripe, which makes money management easier.

Cons

There is no way for an existing student to buy a gift card/package/class for friends. I would like this to grow my client base. There is not a dedicated link button for opening my online class software, e.g. personal Zoom room. I don't know if I can record a class in Zoom, but have it reside on my Ubindi website. Maybe students/clients could access the recording for a class credit.

Reasons for Choosing Ubindi

Grassroots approach with involved makers willing to work with the teacher. I like being part of a crowdsourced effort, which will be how Ubindi improves. My feedback is important.

Robin Appel from Always-At-Aum Yoga School

Easy, Affordable, Scheduling Assistant!

Ubindi has allowed me and my school to be more professional and take the stress out of scheduling and collecting payments. In speaking with one of the developers, I felt heard, understood, and supported. Both of these things are priceless when it comes to business ownership, but Ubindi does this for an incredibly low price.

Pros

Ubindi makes it possible to seamlessly setup classes, privates, workshops, consultations and more! Schedules are up and accessible in seconds, taking the challenges and discomfort out of collecting payments. The Ubindi team is personable, on hand, and ready to assist your needs and all of this being completely affordable.

Cons

Currently, Ubindi isn't able to prompt perspective students towards either types of payments such as Venmo, Zelle, or Apple Pay, but I'm hopeful this might change. I love Ubindi's clean, clear, appeasing layout. I'm hopeful for when there's a widget to implement into my website for easier access.

Reasons for Choosing Ubindi

I wasn't able to complete implementing the plugin into my website. Ubindi came along before I was able to go back to it.

Reasons for Switching to Ubindi

I found Mindbody to be WAY too expensive and complicated so I switched to Tula. While [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are very nice and were available, I found their software to also be expensive and complicated. Definitely less than Mindbody but not nearly as easy and accessible as Ubindi.

Response from Ubindi

Replied October 2020

Hi Robin, thanks for the very kind words :)

Abby from Adelaide Natural Health

Look no further for a scheduling and class management system

Due to all that Ubindi can do, my admin load is about to dramatically decrease which inspires me to open another class!

Pros

This software is so easy to use, looks clean, captures all the essential details and allows me to email students too. I can integrate the system simply to my website with a widget. The customer service is A+ and the set up is smooth. I accidentally deleted my entire account (my mistake) after setting it up and had to do it again. It took less than 30 minutes to re-enter the details and have it all set up again. The developers are super helpful and really want to help micro-businesses with their creation.

Cons

I haven't used Ubindi for long enough to get feedback from my students about how the process works from their side. However, having made myself a student to go the process it seems very simple. I would like to have the ability to schedule one on one consultations without having to set up a specific 'class' for it.

Reasons for Choosing Ubindi

Cost, ease of use and much more responsive customer service.

Response from Ubindi

Replied August 2021

Hi Abby, thanks so much for the kind words!

Claire from Ripple Effect Yoga

Ubindi - Keeping it Simple

Online booking systems .. when you just know you have found the one ... “Keep it Simple” just like I say in class! Well this is easy peasy and the two [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] behind this marvel are wonderful. They understand what we need as independent practitioners need whether we are yoga teachers, all sorts of teachers, small independent businesses, online, face to face, groups or one to ones .. take a look ... different packages available #askubindi @askubindi

Pros

I was able to set up packages That I could add and change classes / services simply I could assign clients to the classes if they had purchased a package

Cons

The package is great ... I have spoken with the developers several time via email and via face to face. They have a solution and are working to keep this as simple as possible.

Reasons for Switching to Ubindi

Lockdown saw a decline in class bookings and so I was unable to afford the monthly fee Ubindi was initially a trial ... I asked lots of questions. The customer support was great. Then I signed up for the paid package.

Response from Ubindi

Replied December 2020

Hi Claire, thank you so much for this glowing review, wow :)

Kristina from Restore Body and Spirit

Easy to use software & great customer service!

So far so good! Ubindi is a place where I can send my students (with a simple link) so they can sign up for classes. The Ubindi software will manage their account and alert me as much, or as little, as I want whenever there is any student activity.

Pros

As a yoga instructor, I needed a place that would help me manage my online yoga classes and offer support when I needed it. The customer service I needed was always professional, kind, thoughtful, timely, and very helpful. It made each problem I had solvable. I would recommend Ubindi in a heart beat to any professional like me!

Cons

I have not discovered anything that has been a problem for me.

Reasons for Choosing Ubindi

My timezone, affordable, intuitive, very professional.

Response from Ubindi

Replied September 2020

Thanks for this very kind review, Kristina!

Chanda from Let It Be Yoga

A review of Ubindi

The overall experience has been painless which is priceless when really the use of signing up ahead of time for our studio was a completely new concept. Before COVID we were a drop in, no need to sign up ahead of time studio. Plenty of space for any and all. With physical distancing there needed to be a new way to stay safe and yet not have people drive out if there were no spaces. So I really appreciate that Ubindi has allowed us to use their platform to get people registered and everyone in our community can easily see if there is or is not space for taking a class. Thank you.

Pros

It was very easy to set-up and is mostly user friendly. The tech support is fabulous! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very prompt and helpful. The Ubindi team gets any "bugs' worked out quickly of which there have only been a couple.

Cons

If I had to pick a con, in the beginning my students had varying degrees of difficulty signing up and registering between using different devices (between say a lap top and then using their phone). But honestly it wasn't clear to me if this was Ubindi or user error.

Reasons for Choosing Ubindi

Ubindi's set up for scheduling classes was easier! I found it more user friendly, Yay!

Response from Ubindi

Replied July 2020

Thanks for your review :)

Cyndi from Desk Dwelling Yogi

Taking a micro yoga business online

I was able to quickly take my yoga business online and begin selling classes and class passes; I was able to easily set up my calendar of classes and integrate with stripe for payments. As I've had questions or ideas I've been able to correspond with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and they have been extremely responsive. I evaluated 4 different tools and couldn't be happier with my selection.

Pros

The ease of use; straightforward interface; and the ease of stripe integration. In addition, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] want you to succeed, they even host weekly teacher chats for the community to share ideas about Ubindi, and about the online world for health/fitness overall.

Cons

It isn't as feature rich as I would like (eg. calendar integration) however the team behind the tool is working on multiple new features and is very interested in what their users need.

Reasons for Choosing Ubindi

Ease of use; costs; ease of integration with 3rd party payment provider; responsiveness.

Kelly from Kelly Gant Yoga & Pilates

Ubindi is a great platform for independent instructors

Ubindi has been the perfect platform for this independent yoga teacher. My students and I have been on Zoom for yoga classes since March of 2020 and have found the process of trying to register and get links for classes quite frustrating and labor-intensive. Ubindi solves these issues with their highly intuitive software that seamlessly integrates class registration, payments and the emailing of online class links. I am definitely tech-challenged so I was nervous about setting up my Ubindi site. However, using Ubindi’s Help Center made setting up my online studio quick and easy. In addition, their Help Desk has been quick to respond to all of my questions. I highly recommend Ubindi if you are an independent instructor!

Pros

The feature that drew me to Ubindi was their ability to integrate my online Zoom links with their registration and payment process.

Cons

I think help on with the accounting side of receiving payments, for instance an ability to run reports on funds received, would be helpful.

Sarah from Sarah Smeby yoga

Great for the independent teacher

Really good. The customer service is the best. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is super responsive and has been willing to jump on two different zoom calls to help me sort things out!

Pros

Easy, simple to use. Very flexible options. I liked that it wasn’t a huge financial commitment, or required me to change my whole business model.

Cons

Lack of features, setting up paid classes was confusing. Can’t integrate with my website.

Response from Ubindi

Replied September 2020

Thanks for your feedback Sarah we will be working on website integration soon :)

Nancy from Nancy's Om Studio

Great tool for my online yoga classes

Great. Response time to questions is prompt. They really make an effort to help out.

Pros

I don't have to remember to send a link every week to my classes. My students can sign in and get the link from this site. They can see the schedule and even pre-register which then sends them a reminder with a link to the Zoom meeting. And I can use it with or without enabling payments.

Cons

One thing I would love for them to add is a place where my students can leave a review or I can add testimonials.

Response from Ubindi

Replied September 2020

Hi Nancy, thanks very much for your feedback just to address "reviews from students": please note that Ubindi is for you and your existing students... it's not a "discovery platform" where people can find new teachers and classes. For this reason, it doesn't make sense to collect and display student reviews on Ubindi :)

Barry from barry-yoga

Communicating Easily

Good to have been involved pre-launch, and may progress to using their payments interface

Pros

The ability to see who are registering to join a meeting (helps plan content and whether to extend promotional activity)

Cons

At first, ‘customers’ had differing problems with using the software easily on a wide range of devices, but this is progressing smoothly now.

Response from Ubindi

Replied September 2020

Thank you Barry, good to have you with us since the beginning!

Joanne from Joga Fitness

Glad I Chose Ubindi

Very positive

Pros

I’m very happy I chose Ubindi to take the hassle out of the scheduling and booking of yoga classes. It has an uncomplicated professional look that made it clear and easy to set up and for students to follow. I’ve found the customer service to be excellent and easily contactable. I would definitely recommend Ubindi to other small business.

Cons

I was concerned that students would be put off by having to register but my worries have so far been unfounded.

Response from Ubindi

Replied November 2020

Heidi from Heidi Knudson Yoga

So user friendly!

Pros

Ease of use- both for me setting up my account, and for my students registering for classes. It’s clean and simple. Customer support is phenomenal! I can’t get over the personal attention I have received. I love being able to take payments, registration, and send Zoom links all from one site. It lets me enjoy the good part (teaching yoga) and not have to spend much time on the business details (which isn’t my favorite).

Cons

Had a weird glitch setting it up, To be expected from a newish software, and customer service was amazing figuring out and fixing my issue.

Response from Ubindi

Replied September 2020

Dear Heidi, thank you so much for the kind review :)

Aliza from A to Z Pilates

Easy to Use, Outstanding Customer Service

Easy to set up as a teacher and simple to use as a student, customer service has been outstanding in their responsiveness to inquiries.

Pros

Ubindi's strength is its simplicity, perfect for independent teachers looking for an affordable online reservation and payment system for classes.

Cons

Ubindi may lack some of the sophisticated features of its more expensive counterparts, but the developers are eager for feedback and prompt in their responses. Ubindi is already good, and I am confident it will only continue to get better as it grows!

Chantal from By Little Seed

Super App for teachers

I have so much fun with it! Everytime I mark a student as present on Ubindi I feel I am the owner of a real yoga studio, that makes me super happy. Also the customer service is super helpful and kind.

Pros

Slick design, easy to understand and straightforward to work with. No more worksheets, lists, agenda or whatever. Changes to schedule can be done super fast, adding new packs or subscription same, super fast and easy. You can also see the monthly revenue on the dashboard which is super cool, no need to calculate anything Ubindi takes care of that !

Cons

I wish we were able to close class registration manually when we need to.

Response from Ubindi

Replied March 2021

Thanks Chantal, for these kind words!

Jessica from Jessica Bensley

Try this out, you won't be dissappointed.

AMAZING from a back end administrators perspective.

Pros

The Profile, class scheduling, the discounted rates for multiple purchases, they were ALL so easy to deploy and set up.

Cons

I am outside of the USA and had some mapping class location challenges BUT contacted support and my issue was resolved in less than 30 minutes... WOW. How's that for overeliveringa nd taking care of customers.

Reasons for Switching to Ubindi

Was looking fo something much simpler to deploy.

Audrey from Soul Spark Yoga

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] rock the Yoga class platform industry....

Great communication with support, ease of use, super user help pages, great User Interface, easy switchover, and a general sense of "this is gonna work for the studio and make students happy."

Pros

Super pleasing User Interface, easy to use, easy to set up, integrates with Zoom seamlessly, great help pages, amazing customer support and communication, intuitive, inexpensive, easy to switch over from current system.

Cons

There is NOTHING. This software is amazing.

Reasons for Switching to Ubindi

Expense, bloat of product, too much expense for such a small studio.

Laura from Mind Body Yoga

Mind Body Yoga review

So far it has been amazing

Pros

I love how simple and easy it is to set up your schedule for bookings and payments. If you have any issues the chat line is really helpful and to be honest I was amazed at how much that guy [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to help me re arrange everything. He advised me about things I was doing that I had made so labour intensive for myself working between Zoom and Ubindi trying to figure it all out. He just went right on in and fixed everything for me and told me to go enjoy my day and that he would email me when it was all done. It was great to get the email a short while later and know everything was set up.

Cons

i liked everything about it there was nothing I disliked

Response from Ubindi

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the kind words Laura, really glad to have you on Ubindi!

Barbara from New Montreal Yoga

Great Customer Support!

I can't speak highly enough about how helpful and responsive the Ubindi team is to any question. They also listen well to customer feedback and incorporate change where needed.

Pros

Prior to using Ubindi there were a lot of steps in the students' registration that I needed to do manually. For example, sending out the links for class, as well as the reminders, keeping a list of who was registered and creating mailing lists to send them replay links, keeping track of what the students had paid and how many classes they had left. Ubindi does all those things for me and frees me up to focus more on teaching.

Cons

The only thing missing for me is the ability to store and share the videos of my classes - and Ubindi is working on offering that service.

Yvette from Yoga with Yvette

Simple yet very affective

Pros

I found it very easy to set up this software, and my students have reported it to be easy to use. I like the simplicity of it, it is what I have been looking for.

Cons

I wish it connected to other payment forms that I already have set up, like Square.

Simplicity

Reasons for Switching to Ubindi

Other softwares were to extensive and expencive for what I need.

Ann from Asana Alphabet

Love this new Ubindi platform

It's been very easy to keep all of my clients on one document, have them pay there so that there is less hassle for me.

Pros

The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of Ubindi have been extremely friendly and helpful. It is clear that they really want their customers to have an easy time of it and I get frequent updates on the improvements being made.

Cons

Some of my clients are having a hard time signing on to class when it is their first time. They are able to get the link but somehow it's not super clear to them on how to get into class so my first time students are coming in late with my help.

Nikki from Tang Hall Combat Warriors

Brilliant solution for independent instructors

Pros

Easy to set up, great user interface, very helpful customer service.

Cons

Integration with other apps and the ability to download a class list would be great.

Response from Ubindi

Replied September 2020

Thank you Nikki!

Nice and simple platform

Good service

Pros

Ease of use, support and communication is great

Cons

Needs a bit more functionality and features

Susanna from Practizma

Industry: Music

Great software for teaching online for group workshops and classes

Very good. I'm excited about this platform.

Pros

This platform makes it easy for students to enroll in classes. Passes are a great thing as are being able to give a free pass. Tags are helpful, too! This software allows you to start small and grow, is easy to use and does not cost a lot of money. I love not having to deal with the billing. It's like etsy, but for teachers.

Cons

The Revenue dashboard could be better - allow seeing all revenue, and further back in time.

Arielle from Dreams in Drishti

Teacher review

Pros

Very user friendly, support was instant whenever I needed something figured out. Signing up and creating a class was very easy to navigate. I enjoyed also seeing all the data too.

Cons

I enjoyed it much. I wouldn’t recommend to change anything.

Response from Ubindi

Replied October 2020

Dear Arielle: thank you so very much for the wonderful review, hope we can continue to live up to it :)

Julie from Julie Bergfeld Yoga

Great Service and Great Functionality

Pros

Lots of features, easy to customize, affordable

Cons

Wish there were a way to tie in other payment methods like Paypal and Square

Affordable

Response from Ubindi

Replied September 2020

Thanks for your feedback Julie! We'll be working on additional payment options soon :)

Carmelina from Provider Heal Thyself

User friendly, helpful support staff

Pros

Ability to collect payment from students.

Cons

Wish it could be integrated better with my website.