What are ClassDojo users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ClassDojo software through verified user reviews

• icon"It's easy to use, a great way to communicate, and we like the reward system in place for students. The phone app is easy to use as well."
  • icon"It also allows for a platform for teachers to send pictures and messages to parents/guardians. On top of that, they have some great lesson plans for community building and social emotional skills."
  • icon"I love the capabilities provided by this software to link home and school. This app provides a rapid and effective form of communication between teacher and parent."
  • icon"The issue is that my son really missed interacting with his teacher on a regular basis, and missed seeing his friends and working more closely and collaboratively with them."
  • icon"I can not think of anything I dislike about this product."
  • icon"A student with less points then their classmates may get a bit crestfallen at having fallen behind while the student far ahead of their peers gets distracted with gloating."

Browse all ClassDojo Reviews

• Have you used ClassDojo and would like to share your experience with others?

Chandra

Company size: 501 - 1,000 employees

July 2022

Parents love Class Dojo

Russell S

Simple to integrate, powerful to use!

Positively rewarding and motivating students

Pros

Class Dojo is like a teacher's digital classroom management assistant! There's lots to love! - First, it's free. Who doesn't like free? - Next, it's extremely user-friendly. Within 15 minutes you can set-up and learn to navigate the features and layout. In just 5 more minutes, you can roll it out to your classroom. Teacher's are already lacking time, and the simplicity of this platform is wonderful. - It's versatile! You can use it systematically as an everyday part of your lesson - managing and tracking behavior and learning data or you can use it for a much less intensive purpose like tracking time, adding audio cues for your students, keeping a scoreboard during a game, etc. - Parents can link with their students to learn more. This creates a paperless communication system between the student and home. - They've recently added a digital portfolio piece for students. I'm still new and exploring, but this looks to be a powerful addition that students/teachers could use for creating and sharing assignments (reducing paper). It seems to also have built-in features (activities), too. Excited to learn more! - Last but not least, I suppose my favorite, yet simple, reason I love ClassDojo is that it just reminds me to be positive. I can focus on the positive I see in students and reward and reinforce their positive behavior.

Cons

This is not a con to ClassDojo, but just an observation - ClassDojo will not solve all of your classroom management issues. It is not a quick, easy fix, so don't view it that way. You have to carefully consider usage if you want this to be a main ingredient in your classroom. In that train of thought, it could cause students to act even more negatively because they're now able to gain a bigger audience and receive more attention. Once again, this is not a ClassDojo problem, I just want future users to be aware.

Mandy

September 2022

ClassDojo is a must have for schools!

Overall, I have had a very positive experience with ClassDojo. Classdojo is user friendly, easy to download to almost any device, provides seamless school-to-home communication, has daily student behavior reporting and highly incentivizes kids in positive behavior management, best of all...it is FREE!

Pros

ClassDojo is a user friendly app that is easy to utilize in classrooms. It is easy to install on most devices and is accessible to teachers, parents and school administrators. It makes the ability to communicate from school- to-home very easy. Students have the ability to design their own "character" and track their own behavior. The program uses a simple and clean format that makes it easy for students to view. Students who are visual learners are able to look at the app and almost immediately determine if their behavior has been acceptable or unacceptable for that day. Teachers are able to use points as a way to incentivize students during the school day. Teachers are also able to communicate students behavior through the app. Parents are able to login daily to see how many points their child earned or had taken away. This data also includes notes on why the student earned points or had them taken away. When a student gets sent to the principal's office for misbehaving, the administrator can login to Class Dojo and see why the student was sent down. This creates ease in reporting for school administrators and also in helping them determine what kind of consequence a student needs. Teachers report that it is easy to use and fairly fast. It also provides the capability of posting pictures and stories on the app. Parents are able to login daily to view them. Best of all, Classdojo is FREE to schools!

Cons

The content can be too immature for older grades. Parents may not have access to the needed technology to access it.

n/a

Fiona

Great for Daycare

Pros

It is easy for teachers to use and communicate with parents

Cons

It did not have enough learning options to be useful in after the preschool classroom. would have needed more than one tool to keep ClassDojo as an option.

Erick

June 2022

ClassDojo: a friend for teachers.

As I said, I can enhance the communication with parents, and also have a track of the conversations, agreements, or anything. It is great for me to share pictures and videos of what students work in class.

Pros

I like that it's great to maintain good communication with parents, I hope they can include more things to support instruction.

Cons

I think if they include some way to create polls or surveys, also some other ways to support instruction would be more usable.

Reasons for choosing ClassDojo

I think it's more popular among the school community.

Sage

April 2022

ClassDojo Tool Kit is Great!

Pros

I truly enjoy using ClassDojo for all of the Toolkit features it has. I use the Random Student Generator, the Timer, and the Noise Meter almost daily. The kids love to be able to visually see how much time is left until we are moving on to the next thing. It really helps them to stay focused and complete their assignment. I enjoy using the Noise Meter, because it definitely helps keep the volume down in my classroom. I don't use the Random Student Generator that often, but when I do it is much easier than pulling out my popsicle sticks with names on them:) Overall the tools available are fun to use and user friendly.

Cons

With the features I use, I don't have any complaints. I did choose not to use the discipline/behavior part of ClassDojo. In my opinion some students are not motivated by public display and sometimes it can backfire.

Jessica

Class Dojo - Review from a Parent

Overall, this software has helped tremendously to stay in contact with teachers and school admin staff without relying on personal email accounts.

Pros

Class Dojo allows you to stay connected between teachers and your students. As long as teachers use it, it provides constant communication that is easily accessible. With multiple students, it consolidates all the messages into one area and allows for private messages to each teacher. If you have multiple students, and the school sends out a mass message, you only get the message once which I really like. It also allows you to upload documents to your child's portfolio for the teacher to view.

Cons

If you have multiple students, the private messaging can be a little hectic especially if a specials teacher emails you. That specials teacher might also have your other children, so it is necessary to figure out what student they are messaging you about. It can be confusing and takes a minute to figure it out.

Suzanne

September 2022

Great Communication tool for parents and teachers

Absolutely great, I can send information to the school out of hours knowing it will be picked up in the morning, so I do t have to remember to ring the office first thing. I have an aged positive engagement with my children with their school achievements that I otherwise would have known nothing about.

Pros

I like the real-time interaction you can have with the teachers, you can send and receive messages throughout the day, and also get alerted to child’s progress or achievement, this enables you to be able to prompt your child to discuss there day later when at home, as you have an insight to how they did. We often get picture updates from within the school of what the children are doing. This is a nice and secure way to share what is going on within the school without using a public platform.

Cons

I would only say a possible improvement would be when children are awarded dojo points that there was some information e.g, an impress the teacher award is nice, but it would be nice if it said in what way they were impressed (a free text option).

The schools choice

Amanda

Industry: Publishing

Great Tool for Keeping in Contact with Teachers

Pros

I love how easy it is to keep track of my children's schoolwork and any important announcements from their teachers. It saves paper and I don't have to worry about missing out on information because a child lost a paper before it ever got to me. Also, it's so easy to communicate with teachers using ClassDojo, which is especially important to me because one of my children has issues that necessitate frequent contact with his teachers.

Cons

Class Dojo allows for parents' and children's accounts (which is a plus), but the push notifications don't always come through for me as the parent if the app is on one of the children's accounts. I do have my account set up so I receive emails when I get a message from the teacher, but the push notifications are more helpful. However, it's such a minor issue that I would still highly recommend this software for teachers to use.

Courtney

Industry: Veterinary

August 2022

Class Dojo Review

Pros

This is a great way to keep in touch with my students teachers. This allows the school staff to also post about events and reminders the things coming up that might involve you or your student. Also a great app that allows you to track your students work progress.

Cons

Nothing this is a great app we have been using it for now going on 3 years.

Axandra

Professionals keep in touch with children's teachers with ease

This app is wonderful for helping me be a part of my child's school day. I love that teachers can send messages, or I to them. I also love that I get to see photos of my child participating in class with their peers.

Pros

I can speak with my child's teacher, see photos of their day, and be advised of any upcoming events or changes daily with ease.

Cons

To access giving my child points and keeping the momentum of Class Dojos point system going at home I pay 5.99 a month.

Heather

Class Dojo: Turning Moms into Super Ninjas

I am a happy parent who has been using class dojo for over 4 years to keep track of her children's progress and journeys in the moments I can't be there with them. Class Dojo gives me a window and provides me a way to ensure a seamless transition from the classroom to at home when it comes to learning.

Pros

I love that with Class Dojo, you are able to keep up with how your child is doing with their school work, but you're also able to see fun activities they're working on and memories with their friends. It's also wonderful to be able to send the teacher a message at any time of the day and receive a fast response. This is especially helpful when class projects are due or you want to drop off a snack to class but need to find out about allergies.

Cons

Sometimes the software can shut down without notice in the app, making you have to restart and if you're in the middle of a message, it doesn't save the draft.

Krystal

Class Dojo

Great app easy to use

Pros

Have been using this as a parent for many years. This is a great resource to receive school news especially if you have multiple children. All of the information for all the kids is is one location

Cons

nothing love it enjoy seeing school updates and progress.

Lasya

ClassDojo Review

It is an excellent aid for classroom management.

Pros

ClassDojo is a wonderful and fun software for classroom management and positive reinforcement. A teacher or other school staff member can give individual students, groups of students, or the entire class Dojo points to positively reinforce desirable behaviors. The teacher can also take away points in response to negative behaviors. It is very easy to add students, create groups or tables of students, and create behavior categories with rewards or punishments attached to them. The teacher can then reward or take points away for specific behaviors with a click of the mouse or a tap on their smartphone screen. The phone app is very useful for rewarding students for on-task behaviors while circulating the classroom. The teacher may also keep track of individual students' behavioral patterns and behavioral improvements by looking at how frequently a student was rewarded or punished for a particular behavior. ClassDojo also features fun graphics and sound effects which kids enjoy!

Cons

There is nothing in particular I disliked.

Tracy

A Must Have for Teachers

I have been using this product for years. I cannot imagine teaching without it.

Pros

ClassDojo helps me track student behavior. I use this data for administration and for parent-teacher conferences. The other important aspect of this product is the ability to communicate with parents. It is wonderful.

Cons

Recently, they’ve added some bells and whistles. Sounds great, right? Wrong! They’re starting to charge parents! Not cool, man.

Reasons for choosing ClassDojo

PBIS Rewards only tracks positive behaviors. In a perfect world, that would be fine. Unfortunately, students aren’t perfect. Negative behaviors must be tracked as well.

Ashley

September 2022

Class Dojo is the best app

I have to give an overall 10+ rating on this app!!!

Pros

Everything is a plus!!! It keeps me up to date and acknowledged and present in what my kids are doing in school

Cons

There’s absolutely nothing to complain about with this app! It’s seriously the best!

Easier and safer to use

Julie

Industry: Mental Health Care

June 2022

Class Dojo

I like being able to not have to question my child. I can ask and correlate with the app.

Pros

I like using this for my son. It allows me to stay on top of his studies, assignments, grades and to stay informed with special events that may be happening.

Cons

It is expensive to pay for if you want to. I use the free app.

Sasha

Industry: Writing and Editing

Love this

I really love this app it's great and keeps me involved

Pros

I love that I can keep track of my children's accomplishment. And that it's easy to use and chat with teachers.

Cons

I wish it would let my children pick the rewards

Excellent communication tool!

I enjoy the freedom of communicating with parents via the app or through the web. There are many features that enhance this software!

Pros

This tool is a phenomenal way to communicate with parents. The software is constantly evolving and adding more and more features.

Cons

Sometimes I don’t get notifications, but that’s a minor problem. It really is a great app! I will continue using.

Allie

Industry: Publishing

September 2022

ClassDojo can be a great way to connect with teachers

Overall my experience has been positive. I like the app and it seems helpful most of the time. I wish they wouldn't try and upsell me through my email inbox though.

Pros

I like the ability to get real time messages and pictures from my children's classes without it filling up my inbox.

Cons

Not all of my kids' teachers use this, and this means that I'm not able to streamline and use just one app.

Kelly

December 2021

Great way to keep up with your child at school!

Pros

This is a great way to communicate with your child's teachers and see what is due. You can send their teacher's a message and also see what they have going on.

Cons

I wish that all schools used Class Dojo.

Dessiree

Communication with teachers

Pros

I liked that I could talk to my kids teachers when I needed

Cons

I with there was a way to delete old messages from years ago .

Brenda

Gets Better Each School Year!

My overall experience has been excellent. My son's teacher has awarded him points each day since school began. ( One week ago) He is very excited to collect points for rewards! I have been able to message his teacher on the spur of the moment to inform her about a forgotten paper at home as well as to remind her to check his backpack for classroom supplies I gifted to her. Upcoming events and assignments are posted on the class update page making it easy to plan ahead and stay organized!!!! The cost is well worth having the Plus version. I get so many extra features for such a little monthly cost. You can actually pay upfront for the while year and it brings the monthly cost to less than five dollars a month! There is a free trial but you are not going to part with this software once you use it so the free trial is unnecessary!

Pros

Continuously evolving! I had previous experience with this software but my son is older now and his teachers no longer use this app/software. My youngest just started school and I am pleased that his teacher is using ClassDojo! it is even better than I remember it and I was excited about it back then! The free version gives you the instant Real Time Talk feature. This is like a text type feature that allows you to talk back and forth with the teacher instantly. I have already used it three times in the first week of school! In addition the free version gives you access to the dashboard where you can find your child's "story". In this section the teacher can give points for good behavior such as "being ready to learn" and "staying on task". There is a monster avatar that the children can use the points to buy features and accessories for. The dashboard also allows you to see class updates, photos and announcements. The desktop version gives you access to all of the above features. If you download the app available for android as well as Iphones, you can award your child points at home for completing homework or other good behavior. The children can customize their monster and you can set goals for the week. If you buy ClassdDojo Plus for less than eight dollars a month you get even more features such as Progress Reports, unlimited points to award your child, extra monster parts that your child can earn that are not available with the free version.

Cons

There is nothing to not like. This app is an amazing addition to any school year for students, teachers and parents.

cori

Industry: Law Enforcement

Great way to stay connected to your child's teacher

I am grateful for this software. It has been an amazing experience to be connected with my child and the person caring for him throughout the day. I can not praise the makers of this app enough! Sidenote.. you can use this on desktop as well. I can not always have access to my cell at work for security reasons so when I do not have my phone I use the desktop to check out messages and see what is new at school! :)

Pros

My older son's teacher used this software in the past but at the time my wife mainly used it to connect with the teacher and stay up to date on class information. My youngest son who is special needs just started Kindergarten. Having a special needs child go away from home for the first time was nerve wrecking. The teacher is using Class Dojo and it has really put my mid at ease. The Real time Talk feature is amazing. the teacher can send you a message that you will be notified of via the app or your email and you can respond back immediately. It is received like a text through the app so there is no time delay. She can tell me if he is having a good day or if he is struggling. If there is important class updates the information is on there so we are not hoping a small child manages to bring home a note. There is a free version but for the five or six bucks a month that the Plus version cost it is well worth it. The child can make their own portfolio and as a parent you can reward points for accomplishments. The teacher can upload photos and videos. You just feel like you are a major part of your child's day. There is a cute monster character that my son enjoys. It makes school more fun and he knows mom and dad are participating even if we are not physically there.

Cons

I have not complaints. I am using it daily as we started school here in Florida already for the 2021/2022 school year. I was able to figure out how to use it quickly and I am very pleased. Just this morning we realized my son left without a snack and we messaged the teacher on the app. She immediately responded not to worry that she had extra snacks in the classroom. Peace of mind is priceless although like I said the Plus version is very inexpensive anyway. The teacher did not require anyone to purchase Plus package. Some parents are using the free version. I recommend taking advantage of the extras that come with the paid subscription because there is just a lot of fun things for the kids on there. I just think of it as the cost of school supplies. It just enhances the classroom experience for the child as well as the teacher and family.

Mejor que classroom para Pre escolar y primaria

He apoyado a varios colegios desde que inicio la pandemia en la utilización de Class Dojo, los maestros que no querían hacer un esfuerzo por aprender otra plataforma se inclinaban por Classroom, por ser lo más cómodo para ellos, sin embargo al final de cuentas, los papás experimentaban descontento por qué al término del día, eran ellos los que terminaban tomado fotos de los trabajos de sus hijos, escaneando, subiendo archivos para el classroom del maestro. Class Dojo es diferente, cuando el profesor o tutor deja una tarea, en la misma tarea tiene la opción de que el alumno responda, ya sea con foto, con texto, con video, con archivo...directamente desde la actividad en cuestión. Esto supone un ligero tiempo más dedicado por parte de los profesores, sin embargo significa menos tiempo perdido por parte de los papás en subir los archivos de sus hijos. Los papás reciben una cuenta de tutor con lo cual pueden monitorear el avance de sus hijos y la entrega de tareas, esto hacia que los papás se involucraran más. Al final se sintieron agradecidos con los maestros por respetar sus tiempos, tener mayor control y hacer clases dinámicas para sus hijos. En el caso de algunos papás perezosos que generaban excusas para no estar monitoreando a sus hijos, al final terminaban participando activamente. ClassDojo es más divertido para las clases que classroom, por mucho. Promueve de forma natural la participación activa de los pequeños y de los papás.

Pros

Es extremadamente atractivo para los niños. Involucras a los papás de forma voluntaria. Al dejar actividades o tareas los niños en la misma tarea pueden responder sin necesidad de que los papás tengan que hacer malabares para entregar, tomar fotos, subirlas y enviarlas a los maestros. Facilita la interacción entre el maestro, el alumno y los papás. Los papás agradecen al final que no pierden tiempo asistiendo a sus hijos en la entrega de tareas o trabajos, y lo aprovechas en sus labores.

Cons

A veces cuesta un poco de trabajo que una personas: maestro o tutor empiece a utilizar Class dojo. Y algunos papás son perezosos para aprender algo nuevo.

Reasons for choosing ClassDojo

Por ser más dinámico para las secciones -niveles- de pre escolar y primaria.

Reasons for switching to ClassDojo

Es una plataforma muy dinámica para los niños, de forma natural involucra a los papás y les ahorra una gran cantidad de tiempo en la entrega de sus tareas y trabajos.

ClassDojo