Browse NetSupport School Reviews

Michael from Lexington City School System

Using NetSupport School since 2007. Has been an invaluable tool in our labs and now our 1:1 program.

Pros

-Always changing and adapting to newest technologies on the market. -Keeps our students on track. -Gives our teachers eyes all around the room.

Cons

There is a small learning curve on non-windows devices. Andriod and iOS devices have fewer features.

Zuleida from UDO

Communication with students in classes.

Stimulating because with this application I can do my classes in a dynamic and more creative way, making the students participate with enthusiasm.

Pros

This software facilitates the development of the classes because I can review what students do, answer their questions and evaluate them from the main computer.

Cons

What causes me the inconveniences of this software is that when we activate the chat, sometimes unexpectedly it diverts the students from the room.

Ross from Immanuel Lutheran High School and College

NetSuportSchool Gets It!

I have been very satisfied with the software. The support has also been very responsive and helpful. In the few technical issues I've had, I haven't had to request elevating my support requests to get answers. The person I first contact usually solves my issue. I'm not sure what more you can expect than great software with great support.

Pros

NSS seems as if it was designed by a teacher for teachers. The feature set is extensive and useful. Teachers have complete control of the student screens and can get the students attention by sending messages, sending her screen, or simply blanking all the screens. Although I don't use all the features, the ones I do use are very impressive.

Cons

There is very little I dislike, but when Exhibiting the teacher screen to demonstrate to the class (which by the way is very effective), stopping the exhibition is a little difficult to figure out. You have to click the hidden cons arrow on the lower right part of the Windows taskbar and right click the NSS button to end the show. Once you figure it out, it's not bad. It just seems that it could be better located.

Reasons for Choosing NetSupport School

I had to answer "yes" and "no" for the following reason. We used NSS for years but went to Securly to deal with our new Chromebooks and web monitoring. We couldn't afford both so discontinued NSS. After one year, we went back to NSS for our desktop lab environment because it just works so well there. My understanding is that they now have (maybe they did before) Chromebook support which we will be looking into.

Will from SUSCC

NetSupport School Review

Pros

The thing I like most about NetSupport School is that it fills a cost effective need for us to manage what students in computer labs have access to.

Cons

The thing I like least about NetSupport School is that we do have occasional issues with computers not showing up in the list on the teacher console. Sometimes we have to restart the computer to get it to show up again.

Mike from Family Health Centers of Southwest Florida

I have used this in the classroom and found it to keep students on track with their studies

Pros

Ability to keep students focused in the classroom greatly assists with the needs of the students and helps me in the classroom.

Cons

Install without a domain is a little tricky. Had some issues trying to install the software while not on a domain. Took a little bit of configuring but finally found the right way to do it.

Irma from Tomah Public Library

Very happy to have this product in our building- customer support is among the best I have had.

Pros

Having this product installed here gives me peace of mind. We are quickly able to shut down unauthorized site viewing.

Cons

I don't care for the fact that I have to answer this question to complete this review- this product meets all my needs

NetSupport School To manage your student

Pros

With NetSupport School you can find every tool you need

Cons

Sometimes students can exit the program

Ron from Richland College

May 2015

My experience had been great, 69 stations on my campus.

As mentioned above, we have loved this product and saved many soles of our shoes. It took us some time to get everything worked out, but we finally had a conference, found out what we were doing wrong, and since then it has been a lifesaver. We do around 24,000 exams a year and this has allowed us so much more freedom of our time that words can't expess it. We had tried several other brands, with very little good fortune, and decided to give this at least a try. Much to our surprise, we now use it every day, all day and have our complete staff, even part-time involved. I must mention the service we get. One call, should they not be available, they return the call very promptly, showing concern and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get you the answers you need. This comes from both ends, your rep and the I.T. department. In closing I must stay that I would recommend this to anyone that has the need for proctoring exams, and after looking it over many times, I see how it could also help in classrooms, as well. We hope to expand in the future and willdefinitely be looking for more NetSupport to grow with us as we do. Thank you to all of the staff at NetSupport for a great product and the constant updates. Ron Hill

Lisa from UTSA

Awesome software!!!

I have been using this product for many years and have trained numerous faculty and staff on this software. I like the fact that it is very user friendly and has become more user friendly throughout the years. It does a great job in enabling what I want it to do (restrict websites, mass logon and logoff, aids in software upgrades). If I get stuck, Customer Service is very prompt and can easily explain what needs to be done to help you troubleshoot the issues. My only con is I wish it was easier to update to a newer version when it's released. It would be great if you launched the product, do a "check for updates" and it will automatically find the update and install within the software. Otherwise, it came be too time consuming re-downloading the update from the website, entering your information every time, then launching it to the entire room. At my setup, we have 7 rooms with Net Support School installed. It would be great if a few steps were taken out in the updating process. Aside from that, it has proven to be very useful in our environment.

Doug from West Bend School District

Great product for Teachers and the Technicians who support them

The teachers love this program for several reasons - they can see what their students are doing, they can block the internet from one to all of the computers in their class to keep the students on task and they can blank out the screens when the teacher is giving instructions. The screen sharing feature is great as well. There are a lot of other features in this software that are great, these are just the ones that our teachers use most. This program is easy to deploy and install, and I love the 'Tech Console' where I can work remotely on the machines. Our teachers have laptops, and our wireless is a different subnet of our wired network, so that does take a bit more configuration (manually adding the subnets to scan for computers) to get the laptop to recognize the wired pcs. It would be nice if it would just use DNS lookup rather than by IP range/broadcasting. I have tried using their Connectivity Server, but could never get it working properly. While I haven't needed to use customer service very much, the few times that I did contact them, they were quick to help and resolve my issues.

Zuleida from UDO

Very pleased with this application. It has been an experience of quality, novelty and variety

Pros

It allows me to manage the classroom from my computer, since I can see students' screens in real time, supervise their work, help them with their activities, and control them to avoid dispersion.

Cons

The restriction of communication because it depends on a local network, because sometimes that limits the classes.

Laura from Mercy

Have used it for a few years but have issues with it working with our Citrix connection

Pros

The software helps us monitor, asses and collaborate with our remote co-workers during our EHR training classes

Cons

Sometimes NetSupport as issues with our Citrix and doesn't launch correctly. We have to re-launch several times to get back into the class

Dennis from Baldwin Public Library

Geez, this product couldn't be any easier to use!

Pros

The interface is really easy to figure out ( I hate reading instructions!) and I was up and running in a matter of minutes

Cons

Hmm...do I need to fill this part? I suppose if I must then it would be the price....but despite that, it is reasonable

William from BCAD

Chat was available, they were able to correct a license issue within a matter of a few minutes.

Pros

The ability to monitor and display the tutor console to all students, you can also lock out internet.

Cons

I really can not think of anything I do not like about this software, it does occasionally hick-up but no big deal

Romelia from Universidad de Oriente, Núcleo de Nueva Esparta

It is an excellent software for me and for my students

It is an excellent class assistant

Pros

It keeps the whole class connected. It works in different operating systems. I can manage my classes and keep students interested

Cons

I do not have negative comments about this software. It is easy to use even for children. It is an excellent class assistant

Jack from Tulsa Public Schools Office of College and Career Readiness

Powerful Software at an Exceptional Price

NetSupport provides a great solution for using technology within the classroom. Classroom management is essential and NetSupport allows our teachers to have full control of their computers. Listed below are the pros and cons of using and supporting NetSupport. Pros: Monitor student activity and control website access Connect and control computers Turn on/off computers Enable/disable keyboard, mouse, screen Message individual students Excellent customer service and support Cons: NetSupport 11 upgrade changed to a more difficult to use interface. Initially overwhelming with amount of options displayed on the start screen. Suggestions: Would like to have district training workshops offered by NetSupport for teachers.

Chris from South Bend Kroc Center

Easy to deploy, easy to configure, easy to use

Between GoGuardian and NetSupport, the features offered were more in line with our objectives.

Pros

The management tie-in with GMC works great, the web filters are a must for a classroom environment, and the educator tools are very easy to use.

Debbie from Red Oak High School

May 2015

NetSupport gave me the control back!!!!

I really like being able to control the computers. I am able to teach without worrying about them being on the Internet or doing other things. The tools NetSupport gives you allows you to manage your classroom and teach with success. I just downloaded NetSupport V11.41.0 and although it does look a bit different I know I can count on the customer service to help me with any problems or questions that I may have. The customer service is awesome.

Mary from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College

Flexible and affordable.

We have been very satisfied with the features and function of NetSupport School for our classroom management solution. The company continues to develop new features for the package which allows us to adapt to ever-changing needs and challenges in regards to classroom management.

May 2016