Browse Lightspeed Classroom Management Reviews

Tyler from Madison School District

Keep an Eye on Everything

There were issues of users not using their computers responsibly, but since they know they are being monitored, there is rarely to no misuse of technology.

Pros

This software is very easy to use has 4 or 5 fantastic features you want to keep tabs on 40 + computers. Its best feature is to guess which users are using unapproved websites and override or message the computer.

Cons

The two complaints I have are first, it can falsely flag users on websites that are okay to use and it will continue to flag these websites until they are white listed. Second depending on the monitoring being used, this software can use a lot of bandwidth.

George from Tulare Joint Union High School

Relay Classroom

I am impressed with this monitoring tool, which has decreased my my frustration with students wondering off to other sites and wasting time not focused on the lesson.

Pros

I like that I can monitor my students computer activities, record, and use as evidence. Students know they are being monitored, so they are more engaged and on task.

Cons

I wish there was a lock feature that only allowed students to view my lesson.

Nusrat from Genesis Healthcare Institute

Classroom

I had a great experience using it for my online session.

Pros

Classroom is great software virtual class room session. Being an Instructor it is a helpful tool to delivered lectures while sitting in your couch. My students loves that and they are even more at tentative then onsite lectures.

Cons

when you have more students then some time is get freeze due to different internal speed or their device operating system.

Response from Lightspeed Systems

Replied November 2018

Nusrat, thank you so much for your review of Relay Classroom! We're glad that you enjoy using Relay Classroom and that it has helped your students stay focused during instruction. Unfortunately, older devices, or devices with outdated operating systems, may be slow to communicate with our solution. Having your students connect to Relay Classroom with efficient devices is ideal and will prevent this issue, but we recognize this isn't always possible. If there is anything else we can do to improve your experience, please let us know!

Suzanne from Beaverton School District

Relay Classroom

Overall my experience with Relay Classroom has been good. I have seen many improvements in the product over the past 3 years.

Pros

With Relay Classroom teachers have the ability to monitor student internet use during class. They can send students to specific websites all at the same time. Teachers also have the ability to lock student screens when they need to give direct instruction.

Cons

Sometimes the lock feature gets stuck and students are unable to access their devices when they have moved to a different class.

Nadya from Madison Park

Great for Staying On Task

Pros

I really enjoy that this software lets me keep an eye on my students even when I'm not in the same classroom as them. This lets me check up on them throughout the day without having to be there. I especially like that I can close their tabs when they're off task.

Cons

The only thing I wish this software had is the ability to write custom messages to children that are off task. Perhaps it is a feature that is present but my district has not allowed quite yet.

Cassidy from Barbers Hill ISD

Classroom Relay Review

I have enjoyed it and I will continue to use it.

Pros

Heat maps, last visited, and most visited websites.

Cons

Messaging to users and the ability to direct users to a website, not just close the website. Scheduling is a bit weird and is difficult with multiple bell schedules.

Andrew from Madison Elementary School

Chromebook Management

Overall it allows students to know they are being held accountable for their work without someone looking over their shoulder.

Pros

As a teacher this allows me to monitor students computers without seeing their screen, send quick messages, and view history.

Cons

The quick messages are limited to only 3 responses, so I can not always appropriately address a user.

Robert from Woodward Academy

Awesome Classroom Management Tool

Pros

Not only can teachers monitor student devices using Classroom, they can also improve instructional workflow by leveraging voting, student help request, and messaging tools.

Cons

Classroom is not available for iOS devices.

Response from Lightspeed Systems

Replied November 2018

Robert, thank you so much for your feedback on Relay Classroom! We're happy your teachers are successfully utilizing so many of Relay Classroom's features. Unfortunately, Apple does not allow third-party solutions to perform real-time monitoring of iOS device screens. We work closely with Apple so we will be alerted if the company decides to eliminate this restriction. Thanks, again.

Alexandra from Education management

Love using Relay!

Great to use in the classroom!

Pros

This software is great because I can monitor my students internet activity during class. I can interact with students through my Ipad and they are on their own device.

Cons

Took some time to get used to the software.

Response from Lightspeed Systems

Replied January 2019

Alexandra, thank you for reviewing Relay Classroom and sharing your feedback! We're so happy you're enjoying the software and getting great insight into your students' device activity.

Good Product

Pros

Easy to use and setup. A little bit of learning curve,but easy once you learn how to navigate. Lots of features.

Cons

A little bit of a learning curve especially for non technical users.

John from Central High School West Campus

Wonderful Resource

It is consistent and reliable.

Pros

The functionality and ease of use is excellent. Features continue to be excellent.

Cons

Sometimes students are flagged for aberrant browsing that is not actually aberrant or off task.