Browse Zscaler Reviews

Travis from Electrameccanica

Zero Trust at its best

Pros

The dashboard operations within Zscaler are easy to use with fast informative options to give you real time security data throughout your organization.

Cons

custom app alignment is not the best takes a little while to get the right information input.

Reasons for Choosing Zscaler

price point

Great for distributed teams, remote work, and VPN

We added this during the pandemic. We are in the process of doing the full company rollout, but we have a lot of users and this really helps us get visibility and security around our networked resources.

Pros

I love that I don't have to use multiple VPNs to get to various parts of my company and product. Having Zscaler handle that all is really nice. Logging into SIEM is a lot, but good information and great for investigation. Love the agent. Works great for Windows and Mac

Cons

Linux integration is in beta and I'm hoping it gets better. Setting up can be tricky, but professional services make it worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Zscaler

Better vetted, good support and similar companies like ours have implemented it and had great success.

I left a job I loved because of ZScaler

Let me start by describing what ZScaler is at its heart: a cloud-based network proxy that uses its own root certificate to inspect TLS/SSL traffic. If you are a company in the business of making software, keep this product away from your software developers. Far, far away. It does not play nice with many software development tools, even once you go through the pain of adding their root certificate in all the right places. I have spent hours and even days interacting with ZScaler support, often with no solution ever found. After spending months fighting frequent issues that came up, I finally threw my hands in the air and left my company. It probably works fine if you're just doing "regular" stuff with your network, like browsing, file uploads/downlads, etc. If you're doing anything more advanced, keep away from ZScaler.

Pros

- Provides competent security and access for basic computing - macOS app works alright, although it does have plenty of hiccups

Cons

- Hard to get it to work right with software development tools. In some cases, no proper solution was ever found. - Support is incredibly terrible. Unhelpful and wastes a lot of time. I really can't emphasize enough how frustrating the support was. I ended up just finding my own workarounds 90% of the time, after spending hours and hours on the line with support. - Adds latency, which can make profiling network operations difficult. - Sometimes you run into websites randomly blocking you or asking for CAPTCHA due to routing through ZScaler gateways.

Reasons for Switching to Zscaler

Company mandated. Cisco AnyConnect worked way better for me.

Kristin from ABH

Great for the end user!

Overall, this is a great product! I would highly recommend this product from a End User stand point, super easy and very fast. I do not have anything to list for recommendations, I give this a 10/10 for ease of use and 10/10 for product satisfaction!

Pros

This is such an easy product for the end user, I have been using this for about 1 year to access our secure network and it even links right up with Duo Mobile! which makes getting logged in! As the end user you get a notice on the computer that you need to re-authenticate your connection- select authenticate and you get a notice right to your phone, accept or deny- accept and BAM you are in! that fast and that easy.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is how often I have to get logged in, this is likely a security setting that our IT team has access to but as a end user it is a little troublesome if you are mid-day and then have to go through the process of re-authenticating- its fast but the smallest thing can throw off a whole day

A Great Way For You To Take Control Over Your Network

I like this, it is a great way of be completely compliant and you know that you only use company's pc for work. This is as it should be, i mean this tool grants that for example no piracy content is accessed with company's computers.

Pros

It works when in office and out of office, i mean, there is no need to disable or enable settings. It does the job pretty well filtering the traffic and it is great when it comes to security matters.

Cons

For now i can't point anything bad about it, i mean, it does the job well. Everything on company's laptops and computers is being filtered and monitored so it is just perfect. Well, we still need to use VPN in order to reach company files and stuff when we are out of company but i think that's nothing to do with Zscaler.

Security at it's finest

it was nice that it was able to connect me to the internet I use at work even if I was away from work. I still had access to all the information without having to sacrifice my own personal laptop

Pros

Efficient, good storage and security; it keeps our organization's internal apps secure and in compliance with the policies, even when you're off corporate network

Cons

It sometimes blocks innocent sites or locks me out and requires me to re-enter my information multiple times; I've heard it can be expensive if used by multiple users in the same area

zscaler usage

We have provided a simple, fast and low security advantage.

Pros

integration is very simple zscaler. It works successfully on all windows systems. It supports us to provide security simply.

Cons

zscaler can be a bit of a problem with product support. Even if there are late turns, the problem is solved. It does not cause a long interruption.

Zscaler - The proxy

Over all zscaler is best for monitoring realtime traffic

Pros

Every organization needs proxy to monitor the user web activity and to protect user from malicious web pages. Zscaler is best in protecting users from malicious websites and monitoring user traffic. We use Zscaler daily bases for monitoring user activity and blocking phishing pages.

Cons

There are few phishing pages which zscaler allows and the limitation of blocking Url's is limited which is not good

Talib from Yoh Solutions

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

A good tool to use but still some teething issues which we are getting 100% support for

Pros

The security and Cyber security aspect of this tool was the main reason it was implemented company wide which has been great since the integration. This was done very quickly and required little to no downtime for the laptops and workstations across the entire organization and the installation of the tools did not ruin any machines.

Cons

The tool sometimes does not agree with some other API based tools that we currently have installed such as a IP VOIP tool. We are receiving support for this which is great though.

Zscaler - Don't Go Alone!

Handles the website filtering across all of our sites, plus provides metrics

Pros

Single pane of glass for website and other filtering over SD WAN. An integration specialist can help move things along.

Cons

Difficult to set up across a global organization with broken out locations with individual SD WAN circuits.

Eric from E*TRADE

Very useful and efficient

When connected to internet, Zscaler immediately connects to Company server and it is seamless, meanwhile it separates regular internet usage from the company's network, unlike other VPN services that routes all internet usage into the company's network.

Pros

Seamless transition, and allows local network connectivity while also being connected to company server

Cons

sometimes it will not connect immediately after being connected to the wifi, and requires a restart of the software

CHENXING from Farm business consultants

Best cloud company recent years

The overall experience is very good of using Zscaler, it helps our organization protect data and provide internet security. I would recommend this software to other organizations.

Pros

Zscaler is a cloud-based information security company that provides Internet security, people can upload their information to Zscaler and have the company protect it. There will be a trend that one day people going to upload all kinds of information to Zscaler to better store, protect, and use information more efficiently.

Cons

For small business users, it is very hard to find out the benefit of using Zscaler and why they should use this software. Zscaler should use the simplest way to get small business users to use it and find out how to meet everybody's needs.

Nidhi from Cytiva

Industry: Biotechnology

Remote working made easy

It provides a secure working environment and provides risk management.

Pros

It's easy to use and navigate. Provides high -level security especially when working remote. No more need of authenticator or token number.

Cons

Some times the authentication automatically turns off and needs to connect again manually. This can be improved.

Secured Gate Way for Internet Access

It is a very secured gateway for internet access specifically for corporate

Pros

It provides 90% security while connecting with internet, filtering all suspicious files and protecting computer / corporate data.

Cons

Internet speed became slow while connecting form out side the office network or remote location.

Can hinder more than it protects

Still, this is a good solution for website monitoring, it will take time and testing to setup correctly

Pros

Can be customized with a wide range of options, once setup correctly should work well in the enviroment

Cons

I've used this software at several organisations now and it always seems to hinder workflow rather than protect the business

It Works

Pros

It's easily configured and performs as desired. It runs in the background and overall the user hardly notices it on their computer.

Cons

It occasionally blocks websites that are innocent. It takes some configuration and input from the users.

Vicente Jose from Levi's

A bit too restrictive

I use Zscaler every day and it is a good tool that allows VPN. This is very very useful now that most of the people in the company are working remotely. Sometimes it is a bit annoying because it blocks access to certain services and it is not easy to set exceptions.

Pros

It is a very-easy-to-use tool for VPN which is compatible with many OSs and can be integrated with the company network seamlessly.

Cons

Sometimes it blocks a bit too much, meaning that I can't access certain services that I need to use very often. I need to disable it and enable it back and this happens a bit too often!

Perfect VPN for "standard users"

I am able to reach my company network from home without having too much computer resources dedicated

Pros

I love that this VPN software is very easy to use and it does not even feel you are running a software in the background.

Cons

I did not like that you have to actively check on your bar if the VPN is active or not. I would prefer something more visible. On top of that, disconnection button is not quite intuitive, I find myself often simply "shutting down" the whole software if I need to turn it off

Very powerful intelligent proxy

Overall, ZScaler is a great web proxy tool with many more added capabilities.

Pros

The wide range of features like DLP, URL control, sanbox, threat intel, etc are very useful for the security engineers. Everything is on a single pane of glass

Cons

The configuration is spread across different sections which makes it difficult to make changes and configure new changes

Lisa from Tomorrow's Technology Today

ZScaler is a USER installation - difficult to maintain when multiple users login a device

support was good; functionality was good but high maintenance for management of false positives.

Pros

cloud based firewall on the endpoint device - protection no matter where they were working

Cons

user based installation... so when you have multiple users logging into the device very hard to keep maintained. We need to protect the device no matter who logs in.

Zscaler

Pros

Have not seen a problem with it. Company I work for uses it and it’s pretty easy to sign in first thing in the morning

Cons

We just started using this so as for right now I have no cons to list

Justin from New Balance Athletics, Inc.

Using Zscaler to access protected data

Overall, Zscaler works fine for us, although we have had issues with connectivity. There are better options, especially for the money.

Pros

Zscaler allows us to connect to our call center to be able to receive/make calls, as well as the ability to connect to our quality management software, despite being in different parts of the country.

Cons

The setup process to get Zscaler working was time consuming and unnecessarily complicated, especially when compared to competitor products.