Browse Cyberduck Reviews

Leslie from self employed

Cyberduck much power for FREE

I have used Cyberduck primarily for looking after a hobby flight simulation website , but also in a role as a freelance software developer I have used the product to upload my work to client servers without any problems with permissions or client requirements. IT is a unique product for being free and I encourage any user to support them with a small donation as to keep the evolution of this product going. I would be lost without it now !!

Pros

The cost is free and they suggest a donation which is very noble of them for such a great product. It allows you to upload and download files using a variety of standard ftp protocols. The preferences allow you to resume large downloads by setting things like skipping files that match etc , which is very good for my voluntary work updating a whole website. You can also store bookmarks of the configurations you set up to connect to file servers thus making subsequent connections to the same server only a click away. While using the server side of things you can use Cyberduck as a file manager as it allows creating duplicate copies of files , creating new folders , deleting files and a simple way to set up permissions to files which is very important on many web-sites to help control access and security. Yes it is missing perhaps some features that you may get in other ftp programs but since it is free and feature rich it is more than likely to fit the needs of the majority of users

Cons

I do not think there are any negative issues that one can associate to this product, I do get lost connections from time to time but that may be due to internet distance and speed, however with the preferences I can easily pick up where I left off when this happens.

One of the absolute best FTP programs

Very good experience overall. Loads super quickly when opening the program. Remembers all my most important FTP login informations. Fast upload and downloads.

Pros

I like the ease of downloading the program and getting it up and running. Generally only takes a few minutes to get up and running. I also like how Cyberduck remembers all my server informations and makes it easy to find what I need.

Cons

The only flaw I have really found is a difficulty in gaining access to the WordPress file called htaccess file. I have had difficulty getting that file to show up on some servers. Sometimes I cannot get it to be found on the server within the program.

Reasons for Choosing Cyberduck

I like the interface more than FileZilla. Cyberduck has overall better visual interface.

Reasons for Switching to Cyberduck

I have switched back and forth between FileZilla and Cyberduck to get my FTP work done. Cyberduck has a better interface to remember all the most important sites I need FTP info to be remembered for. I also like the logo for Cyberduck, even if that doesn't mean much. I do like it and it's a joy to open the program because of the visual duck.

Lars from WDR

Seit langer Zeit mein zuverlässiger FTM Client

Cyberduck ist vergleichsweise günstig und schlank gehalten, was sich in einer guten Performance widerspiegelt. Egal ob mehrere Server oder die Synchronisation von Ordnern, alles läuft reibungslos.

Pros

Insgesamt läuft Cyberduck sehr zuverlässig, bietet die wichtigsten Funktionen und einige sehr praktische Features obendrauf.

Cons

Leider brischt bei mir manchmal grundlos die Verbindung ab, und es hilft nur ein Neustart. Leider konnte ich das Problem bislang noch nicht beheben. Ansonsten ist das Programm sehr intuitiv zu bedienen, wenn man andere FTP-Programm kennt, erst recht.

Torikul from NockScript

Cyberduck is a good FTP

My overall experience is good, I've used Cyberduck for my project purpose. The FTP was helpful software for me so far, highly recommended.

Pros

I can easily access the SSH file directory with just a few clicks, it's really a comfortable FTP. File uploads, copy and paste, management moving everything looks simple with Cyberduck. Such a great software that was so helpful for me.

Cons

There is a speed problem I've noticed, big files take too long time for downloads. As well as I've faced few problems with synchronizing. I think this software need to improve the user experience a bit.

Aivar from HeedYou

Reliable and powerful SFTP client

For me, it is an irreplaceable dev-ops tool. Helps me to configure and administer remote servers, upload files, and review logs.

Pros

Remote editing - it is the best at editing the config files and reviewing logs on a server. Sublime text makes a great combo here. Drag and drop file uploading and downloading. Amazingly, feels even more solid than the native Mac file explorer!

Cons

Could be smarter at deleting or moving folders - as is, it does it by going through each file, which can be very slow, instead of using Linux commands such as rm, mv, etc. Eats up way too much RAM. An SFTP client shouldn't need 0.5-1GB

Reasons for Switching to Cyberduck

I needed something to replace WinSCP when I switched to Mac, and Cyberduck was a very welcome surprise. It is more stable, easier to use, and, generally, better in every way.

Tim from MMS Consultants, Inc.

Industry: Civil Engineering

A Great File Transfer Client for the Tech Challenged

Cyberduck is my file transfer go-to. It gets the job done in the least amount of time and with the fewest number of problems.

Pros

Cyber Duck is fast, reliable and easy to set up. It guides you through the process of making your connection, whether through standard FTP or secure socket. It provide ample feedback on progress and shows results clearly.

Cons

I have found nothing negative. I've used Cyber Duck on Windows, OS X and Linux platforms with absolutely no problems.

Reasons for Switching to Cyberduck

I found the frequent FileZilla updates to be hurdles to the process of using the software. I also found connecting to a server could be difficult at times.

Courtney from Corkboards Handcraft

Easy File Transfer

Easy to use, typically quick uploads, and an amusingly cute brand logo.

Pros

Free program that allows easy FTP uploads to existing server access. Easy to work with large or small files.

Cons

Speeds are occasionally slow, likely tied to my personal available bandwidth. On occasion file errors out during upload and needs to be restarted.

Robin from Franklin Energy

Industry: Utilities

Duck Duck Cyberduck

I use Cyberduck regularly to connect and upload documents and files to our numerous marketplaces. It's intuitive and easy to use. I've handed brief instructions to junior designers and they were able to connect and use Cyberduck with no trouble.

Pros

I enjoy using Cyberduck while using BigCommerce to upload files and documents easily or our numerous marketplaces. It's intuitive and connects quickly and easily without any issues.

Cons

There isn't anything I'd really say I like the least about Cyberduck. I've run into just a couple of minor issues with connecting to one of our marketplaces before but it was quickly resolved by disconnecting/reconnecting and rethinking it.

Andrew from Blue Ridge Community Church

A Simple Way to Move and Manage Files

We got Cyberduck around 10 years ago and used it for many many years to connect to an FTP server we used for hosting our podcast. It was simple to setup, easy to use and the cost was little to nothing.

Pros

I love the cost! At the time we got it, if I recall we got it for free or for very little, maybe close to 10 years ago. It is super easy to setup FTP servers and managing and moving your data is as easy as drag and drop.

Cons

It’s not the most visually appealing FTP software but it’s just simple. For the purposes of how we used it, I never really had any complaints about it. It just functioned well.

Chris from TVSquared

Cyberduck - Great program for SFTP file uploads

It's been a huge timesaver. In my position, I have to upload dozens of files per week and having Cyberduck open all the time makes it super easy. Highly recommend if you are uploading a lot of files.

Pros

Ease of use. Literally 3 clicks and I am in the right bucket and ready to upload files. From there you drag and drop the file in. It's that easy.

Cons

There is a learning curve. you have to know what you are doing. They do not hold your hand with it.

Natalie from Cato Institute

Exceptional Software for CDN

Perfect for large files that you need to create CDN links for.

Pros

I like that you can drop in any media file and cyberduck will turn it right in to a CDN link that you can copy and paste in to the back end of website. It is the home to all of our large files that we need to turn in to CDN links.

Cons

Cyberduck can take awhile to upload a file on to its dashboard. And you have to periodically clear the queue after it prompts you. The storage space is pretty impressive, but it can be hard to file the files unless you have someone monitoring the software and people using titling systems correctly.

Very good FTP client

Cyberduck helped me to upload files to remote servers with a pretty interface.

Pros

What I most like about Cyberduck is the ease of use, the compatibility with macOS and the integration with cloud storages like S3 and Google Drive.

Cons

What I like least about Cyberduck is the configuration necessary for using private keys to connect to remote servers, it was a little difficult to me.

Gabrielle from Cato institute

Industry: Think Tanks

Cyberduck Review

Pros

I like cyberduck in order to house a large amount of large files. Cyberduck allows us to turn all of those large files in to CDN links that can be entered to the back end of our website. These cdn links can be podcast files, audiobook files, and pdf files. It is a great tool to turn any of those files types in to a link that can be added to any website. You can also send the cyberduck-created cdn links via email!

Cons

Once you put many files in to cyberduck, if you do not have someone monitoring and creating a nomenclature system it can be difficult to go back and find what you may be looking for. I would suggest creating many tabs and keeping a nomenclature system consistent throughout your usage of cyberduck or you will not be able to go back and find a file.

jason from Jason Alders

A super easy and effective way to FTP

I use this almost exclusively for my online FTP needs. Great product and I love that people can try for free.

Pros

I love how intuitive the interface is. It very much feels like I'm using a MacOS or another OS with drag and drop capabilities. Very simple to log in to my FTP and upload, save, download etc.

Cons

I think the navigation could be a little cleaner. Sometimes I find myself looking around for the right item. However this is a tough thing to improve upon with the complexities of FTP in general. Overall no complaints.

Nick from Think Four Design

Industry: Graphic Design

Solid FTP Client

Pros

I've been using Cyberduck for years. Sometimes I'll use other FTPs, but I'll always end up coming back to Cyberduck. It's a solid program, that always works, and it works well.

Cons

I don't like the design of this program very much. Which is why from time to time I try new FTP clients until they stop working.

Erika from World Book, Inc.

Good for what it does

Pros

I like that it is simple to upload and download files into the file structure that we have set up.

Cons

I regularly have issues with logging in with my keychain password. And often times I will not have valid permissions to use this program and have to go through my settings with one of our dev ops engineers - it's so frequent, in fact, that all I have to say is I'm having the "Ducky problem again" and he knows immediately what it is. It is very frustrating when all I want to do is update the files on my website.

Maria from California State University, Long Beach

Industry: Writing and Editing

Straight to the point

Pros

The application is clean looking, and it is easy to learn how to use.

Cons

The application can take its time uploading files, but mostly likely that has to do with one's Internet connection.

Irina from Scenic USA

Free FTP client for your routine tasks

I used Cyberduck to FTP a variety of files, images (pretty heavy volume), documents, and html to my own server and to the back-end of my theater's Wordpress website. I would probably use it again.

Pros

It is one of the rare free FTP clients (I just use the app for file transfers), easy to install and use.

Cons

My free version tended to periodically have problems with re-opening connections and quit unexpectedly.

Roslin from Beyond the Bell

Easy to Use

Pros

Easy to use software and very helpful when it comes to setting up your own website and doing your own coding. No need to be a tech wise to use it.

Cons

Not vary many cons. Just need to remember to follow the steps when updating your website or else it won’t make the changes and you’ll think it’s the software lol