All Dropbox Business Reviews

Allen

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

Dropbox Business Review: Get Rid Of Physical Drives.

Marianela

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Dropbox, an incredible platform to protect and store documents, to share them with coworkers.

I have used Dropbox in both Windows and MacOS environments and its behavior is extremely stable. A learning curve is not required for its use, since it is quite intuitive, and frees us from worrying about the protection and correct storage of our documents, to deal with the most important thing, which is precisely the operation of our company.

PROS

One of the features that I have loved the most is selective synchronization, since it allows me to keep the documents that I work with regularly updated, and not occupy additional local space on my device for those directories that have documents that I am not working on. So, when I spend periods of time on my laptop without connecting and I decide to access Dropbox, the synchronization will be fast and effective.

CONS

There are great features in Dropbox that we learn as we use it or investigate how it works; for example: a blue folder with a person symbol is a shared folder, maybe with some difference for mobile apps or desktop app. In the same way, we have excellent icons that let us know when a folder is shared with others or that it has been shared with me instead. In general, it is very intuitive and its usability can be described as excellent.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

It has many features that allow you to organize corporate documents in a more efficient way.

Enrique

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

It lacks some improvement, even so, I think Dropbox surpasses its competitors

To give a simple example. I recently implemented it in a company that depended on a server, with its access permissions to each folder based on windows permissions for each user. One less team to maintain in the company, it is not necessary to have a server on 24 hours a day, permission management is simplified, simultaneously you have everything with a backup in the cloud and also a catastrophe recovery system.The change has been almost transparent for the employees, who in an hour were already working at full capacity without appreciating changes in the way they work, and with the improvement of being able to work simultaneously on documents.

PROS

Let's start with the basics, it is a good backup system in the cloud, with version control and the ability to restore in case of any disaster.Let's continue with the fact that it is not linked to companies like Google or Microsoft, so it allows us to work with any type of document, integrating some complements in a very simple way.The management it makes of the use of documents that are only online (those that we rarely access) and those that we actually have on our computer for daily work is great, so for example, we can have 5TB in the cloud and that we only have 100GB on the computer, which allows us to use computers without much storage capacity or rely on external drives.And you can't miss being able to collaborate in the creation of documents, manage access permissions, share files or folders with third parties, transfer large files, be able to work from any device...

CONS

More permission control is missing, it leaves a lot of freedom of action to the team members and sometimes you have to act on the computer of each one of them so that everything is well managed.I would also need more folders, besides the basic system ones, to be able to be added to the backup when they cannot be located within the Dropbox folder.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

More storage at a lower cost, and being able to work with Microsoft 365 or Google documents or any other type of document.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

It was complicated for a normal user to be able to manage the services, it required a server on 24/7, a backup and disaster recovery service that exceeded the cost of Dropbox itself, server maintenance, expanding its storage capacity over time and We cannot forget that at the moment the energy cost is very high.

Aurimas

Computer Software, 10,000+ employees

Recommendation of Dropbox

PROS

Dropbox gives the required tools for day-to-day activities within our team.

CONS

Sometimes it could be tricky to setup, but once it is done, you are good to go.

Dropbox business medium bussines

I had really had a good experience as a personal user but in the company when I implemented it the cost was very high so I had to reduce the users who really had access and who needed their information at hand.

PROS

I liked that we could store information from a computer and transfer it to a mobile phone without having to send emails and have the information from any computer linked to the user.

CONS

the cost of this platform per user was very expensive and if the user really used it for storage it could be profitable but if not it was too expensive to be an information channel.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

I had a good experience in the past as a personal user and wanted to implement it in the company.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

this product has other add-ons such as chat access and permissions are more limited.

Adam

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Online File storage

using it every day to store my design files makes it quick and easy and then I can access them from other locations if. i need to.

PROS

ease of deployment and the fact you can lock individuals out of sections/ files with access rights

CONS

cost per user is quite high, would like to see other package options for users and or storage cases - the tear storage is ok but does jump - a middle ground in both cost and storage would be good

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

the ability to share access to other team members or clients simply

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

hit my limit for file upload space issues with syncing file

Vandana

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2024

Reliable and Secure

PROS

It's the most recognisable global brands in file sharing and data storage.

CONS

Its security feature is so strong that sometimes it's a hassel to get past it if one has forgotten the password(Lol)

elizabeth

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Storage and sharing

It is a great tool for the day to day sharing and storing files regardless of whether they are images or docs, large or small files. Great tool to have

PROS

able to store and share files and pictures without having to change the files

CONS

I don't have any cons, it is a great tool.

Nischal

Security and Investigations, 10,000+ employees

Dropbox: For All, For us

PROS

The file sharing feature is outstanding where i share and store file with my workgroup easily.

CONS

I like file sharing and store facility most.

Leticia

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Dropbox Business safe Business

is a basic experience, as we have been using it for less than 3 months.

PROS

I like the speed and fluidity in uploading files.

CONS

I find the storage capacity to be poor value for money.

Reviewed August 2023

Increases the productivity and it's easy to use with family/team

Really good for the price of the plans, most of the people who don't need much storage can fit on the free plan and for those who uses it for work, the plans prices are quite reasonable

PROS

It's so easy to use and understand how it works, they have a limited but good free plan and have a good features that are really good such as sharing a folder with specific people only.

CONS

The free plan has limited storage, and premium plans can be a bit expensive depending in what you are using it for, also sometimes it has some sync problems.

Kendra

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Dropbox Business

PROS

I like that I can quickly upload large files to share with others working on cases

CONS

The program regularly pops up prompts to "upgrade".

Greg

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Dropbox Has Completely Changed the way we Share Work with Clients

The biggest business problem we are solving is the ability to share all of our office files in a single repository. This eliminates email requests and even Slack requests as everyone knows that all files are in the Dropbox and everyone has access. This saves our team quite a bit of time and keeps people locked in on creative projects without getting distracted with too many requests.

PROS

Our number one favorite feature in Dropbox is the ability to share a link to a file with clients and have them make comments right on the file. If we're sharing a video, they can comment at exact spots in the video, and they can markup graphic files. Additionally, Dropbox saves us an incredible amount of time in the office, as we no longer have to request files from various members of our design team. With our shared Dropbox folders, everyone can access everything, and with version control, nothing is ever lost.

CONS

Occassionally we've had issue with the "smart sync" feature downloading files to our machines when we didn't request to have that happen. It's a minor annoyance that we're hoping to see fixed in a future release.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

Google Drive was a mess to use... required complex permissions and we are often signed into multiple google accounts throughout the day, so we found ourselves repeatedly having to request permission, sign out, sign in, sign back out, etc. It just didn't fit our workflow. Plus, Dropbox has a lot more features that really make it a superior product.

Jessie

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Dropbox

Great product. I love it! Really expanded the Dropbox I love to use personally by Including a whole team

PROS

I’ve loved Dropbox and been using it for nearly 10 years. When our company was looking to get off of the old school server system Dropbox Business seemed like the natural choice especially because so many on the team had already used Dropbox personally. The amount of storage and options was super helpful for us and allowing us to get rid of remote access but still access our files was just what was needed.

CONS

It’s tough when employees have personal and business accounts. With people’s natural instinct to protect their own info it’s crucial for them to feel that they can use both accounts but toggling back and forth is not a feature that works well.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

Price and familiarity of the staff

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Too expensive to maintain an older physical server

Alicia

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Dropbox is Secure and Affordable

Dropbox does what it is designed to do - securely store documents. I wish it offered encrypted email and better sharing features for my clients who don't have dropbox.

PROS

Dropbox makes it easy to understand how to use the software, sync specific folders to your computer, perform Admin duties, use Paper, etc.

CONS

I believe Dropbox is secure. I've never had any issues, but Dropbox has a reputation of not being secure with several people I've worked with in the Accounting industry. I don't know where this reputation comes from, but it makes it difficult for me to share documents when my peers don't trust the software.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

I am a Microsoft user, so Google Drive wasn't something I was accustomed to using. I am using OneDrive more for my internal documents, but Dropbox was just easy to jump in and go.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

I felt ShareFile was complicated to setup. At the time, I was looking for the ease of setup like I found with Dropbox. Dropbox felt very intuitive, where ShareFile made me feel as if I need to dedicate several hours learning how to setup, share, administer.

Mahmudul islam

Civil Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Must use storage option for official works.

I mainly use Dropbox for my office work, yo store all the docs in cloud as backup. Dropbox provide me choice to share files with specific user with full privacy option. Uploading is so fast and for larger files , sometimes takes much times. Besides it provides 3rd party integration which gives us chance to accelarate our work.

PROS

Most important features Dropbox provides from my perspective is the automatic file backup option. Dropbox takes backup all my documents, helps me to work without fear of losing them. Beside dropbox have world-class security to protect our data.. I can store all my data in cloud and share to official documents for work purpose very easily. Organizations of my documents is very good in Dropbox business. Moreover uploading speed is very fast , I can able to store big files in cloud storage easily and able to track from anywhere.

CONS

Since we are using Dropbox for organizational work, it's fill like it's little bit expensive than other similar service provider, interface is easy but, sometimes need to know basic program knowledge and web client interface knowledge to get full benefit of Dropbox.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

For professional work , need to switch with all other teammates.

Eduardo

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2021

My personal experience using Dropbox

Dropbox is a simple cloud-based capacity administration and an application for various frameworks, makes it conceivable to get to information from numerous stages. Offering documents to others is straightforward and simple since it permits both outer and inside gatherings to add to an information record that traverses organizations. Picking which documents to save locally is straightforward and which are just accessible on the web, and it incorporates consistently with our Windows PCs. Document, picture, and video synchronizing happen naturally, so we don't need to stress over it what Dropbox simplifies it to do this.

PROS

Dropbox offers includes that will interest both the individual and business client. For business, incorporated devices, for example, Google Docs and Microsoft Word take into account liquid work process and joint effort. Dropbox's choice to coordinate Office 365 and Google Workspace was an astute move, and should give clients certainty that they can flawlessly relocate to the stage. Utilizing Google or Microsoft Office devices with Dropbox is basic. You can make new reports, share them with others and work together progressively, with alters reflected promptly across your group's Dropbox account.

CONS

Its very well may be more straightforward to switch between them either in the Dropbox OS application or inside the program. Security and authorizations: I've thought that it is hard to oversee consents around stowed away organizers and security ordered progressions. It's not difficult to impart something to somebody to similar consents, however I've encountered occurrences where two individuals (myself included) have various names for a similar envelope yet can't get to one another's documents, without clarification for why the authorizations are unique

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

Ability to make new reports, share them with others and work together progressively, with alters reflected promptly across your group's Dropbox account.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

The user interface is sometimes slow to respond. Limited editing and collaboration and storage functions.

Nikki

Photography, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Fast Syncing - Secure - Safe

As a photographer it did not work for me. I think it would be okay for a business that did not need to store a large volume of large files. I did use it for several months and during that time I was able to run my business with success, however I did not find any extra benefits from using Dropbox Business vs other cloud storage.

PROS

I like the compatibility with other software that I've used for a long time, I like the security aspect, dropbox business allows two factor authentication, single sign on, remote device wipe ( I already had to use that once, so glad I had it ) Long term file recovery is great to have. Syncing files is fast across all devices, it's almost instant. Smart sync saves even more time. I like the ability to organize files and folders in a way that works for me.

CONS

Large files can be slow on upload or download. I wish the storage space given for the price was larger. It would be nice to have built in editing tools.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

I switched because I had already been looking for something a little better than Google drive and Dropbox Business caught my eye because of the added security.

Josaphat

Telecommunications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Years later, Dropbox still makes my life easier, both at work and at home.

Dropbox for Business does not offer security settings for subfolders. Data loss prevention measures can be implemented, but as third parties are involved, implementing this sharing system may take longer. This is time that some companies may not have.These pros and cons of Dropbox for Business show that this sharing system is designed to be comprehensive, but only when the product includes third-party functionality. This can increase costs.

PROS

Synchronization: Dropbox lets you effortlessly synchronize files once they've been uploaded to an account.A very user-friendly experienceThe ability to limit access to shared data

CONS

This is an expensive solution for the average small business owner.Sometimes it can be difficult to find folders or files.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

I chose dropbox because I'd been hearing about it for a long time, even before google drive. So I had no interest in choosing software other than the one I'd heard about.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

I used google drive for a collaborative project that didn't have enough budget. We hadn't been able to free up the budget to buy a paid version of dropbox, which meant we had to switch to a paid version.