All MEGA Reviews

Said

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2021

O-Mega-Drive

I used it for a short time as my main cloud, but I think it is not for me. It is for people who store a large number of files, mainly multimedia

PROS

I must admit that MEGA's storage modalities are exorbitant, it is a lot of storage and software that allows you to upload or download files very quickly. The organization as a search engine or file finder is what attracted me the most since it is the easiest to use of all the online storages that I have tested. And the ZIP storage compatible features saved me a lot on my SSD

CONS

The price was what made me disinterested since the options they offer are too good, but they were too much for me and those who collaborated with me, in addition to sometimes not understanding how privacy worked.

Reasons for switching to MEGA

I thought that a payment option would be great for me, since it could have certain values ​​added to the product

Marcius

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed August 2021

Great performance, generous resources at great prices!

I've been using MEGA for a few years now. It's not the only thing I use, I also use Microsoft 365, mostly because I'm stuck with it with my S Mode laptop. I use free version of Google Drive. I used IceDrive and most recently I started using Storj for the cheaper price. I completely gave up on using DropBox (always hated it). MEGA is great. It's the kind of reliable service where you just set-it and forget-it. I've set everything up in the beginning - the folders that I needed to be synced - and then I don't even need to touch it, unless I want to pull something out from it. You could say that I use it daily, but it actually just runs itself in the background.

PROS

Everything you need from a file storage service you can get it at MEGA. You have a desktop app, to auto-sync whatever folders you selected. You have a phone app, to auto-upload and store your photos and videos. You have encryption. You have file sharing. You have team members. You have a browser extension. You have a quick pie-chart of used capacity. You have great speeds. You have great prices. Absolutely everything you need in a file storage service. I can't think of anything missing.

CONS

The only con here is the pricing. While yes, it's lower than mainstream deals, it's still not ideal. Pricing is great for higher levels, but most people don't need 16TB of file storage, so we're either stuck trying to squeeze things into the 400GB or need to get the bigger 2TB option. It does seem like the pricing structure is setup for you to go after the 2TB option. The one thing that I would LOVE if they get, is to add their app to the Windows Store. I can't install MEGA on a Windows 10 in S Mode laptop because it's not in the Windows Store and I don't want to exit the S mode on that laptop. So for file storage services I think it's important if they get this extra step. But the Windows Store is mostly empty and no-one gives it any time, yet for the S Mode computers it's important.

Reasons for switching to MEGA

MEGA is the most simple to use and set-it and forget-it file storage service. Icedrive is great, but has trouble with older computers who have older operating systems, since their app doesn't work correctly there. Icedrive also sometimes has slower speeds than usual when downloading - so if I want to share something, it's not so fast.

Alejandro

Oil & Energy, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

Mega, just another cloud storage service

It worked quite well for me to save documents and files that I needed to have on hand anywhere, sadly when the free space filled up and I wanted to create another account with my other email address, the space they gave me was only 20 GB and I decided to switch to Google Drive in its paid version, which was cheaper than Mega.

PROS

Personally, I use the free Mega service, since at the beginning it offered 50 GB of capacity and this was a great advantage over other services such as Google Drive or Dropbox, currently it only offers 20 GB for free, which is still more than that offer other services.

CONS

Mega's payment service is more expensive than other alternatives like Google Drive, so it is not worth paying for it. In its free version, having reduced the capacity from 50 to 20 GB, also made me look for other free alternatives that offer more space

Rafael

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed January 2024

An honest review about MEGA

Overall MEGA is a good file storage/transfer app because it has 20gb of storage for free accounts which can also increase if you buy subcriptions which increase the storage limitations and removes the limit speeds of the transfers

PROS

I like that i can store up to 20gb of files on a free account and i have fast download speeds on a non-account.

CONS

Free accounts have limited transfer speeds

Prashant

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Easy online storage

PROS

Great storage facility and options for storage available and ability to manage files better online . Even free users get quite a space to get started on Mega.

CONS

Interface can be better and has greates competition in terms of speed and transfer quota from GDrive .

Reasons for switching to MEGA

Needed better storage option at competitive prices.

Ouattara

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2023

The leader in cloud storage services

I have been using the Mega service for a very long time. It's one of my favorites. I use it mainly for its quality of service and its data encryption. I use it mainly for file sharing because it offers plenty of file sharing features, including the ability to share download links with others and sync files across multiple devices

PROS

One of the leaders in the industry, may be related to the history of its creation lol. Seriously, Mega is an excellent storage and file hosting service. I think Mega is more used as a data hosting service than a private cloud storage service. It's very easy to share your files or make download links for the public. One of the strong points of Mega is security. With this service, my files are safe, and even transfers are encrypted from point to point. Concerning the speed, it is excellent, with this technique that it has to load/unload the data. I love this cloud storage service, especially in free mode, I have the right to 50GB of storage. But for those who don't find it enough, they can get up to 8TB of storage in paid mode

CONS

Upload/download of data from a web browser is limited. Beyond that, it is mandatory to use PC or mobile software. So, it is not possible to upload/download your files from anywhere

Haszleen

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2021

The pros and cons of MEGA

MEGA is quite fast in downloading files, and can resume the download process is there are interruption on the internet connection. There are some feature that i don't like, but still it is a good software.

PROS

MEGA as a cloud storage and file sharing software is pretty good. It has a large free storage for a free account that are registered with theme. If a video files are stored in here, it has a video media player than can stream and play the video without having to download the file first.

CONS

I don't like that in the downloading process, it will store the files on the cloud storage first and not directly on my computer local storage. Only after the files transfer is complete, i can download it into my computer local storage. User also need to have an account with MEGA first before they can download the files.

Giuseppina

Public Relations and Communications, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Simply Fantastic

PROS

MEGA is one of those softwares you absolutely NEED to use! You can easily upload or download everything you need, and storage your files safely without wasting too much time. Mega is really fast both in upload and download, and you can also pause the download, which makes it perfect if your internet is slow.

CONS

There's nothing I dislike about MEGA, at the moment it's a really solid software for me.

1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Securely Encrypted Storage with Plenty of Features

Overall it's very useful for increasing your storage in a safe, easy-to-use way, and it also warns you before deletion if too much time has passed. I am really impressed with the features.

PROS

I like Mega features, file transfers with changeable permissions, and end-to-end encrypted communications. The ability to use it to read PDFs is great too.

CONS

After a certain period if it's not used it will delete the stored material.

Aywad

Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2023

My personal experience with MEGA

Overall MEGA is a intuitive and convenient cloud storage provider that offers good amounts of free storage to those looking to give it a try included with great security features to protect your account.

PROS

Being able to upload all my files to the cloud together is really convenient, plus, the free storage it offers to users is plenty compared to the competition. It also comes with useful security options like a Passcode lock and back up recovery keys in case of losing your password. My favorite aspect is how easy it is to use the mobile app as its really user friendly

CONS

The free storage might not be enough for some hardcore users. The multimedia files like videos, gifs or anything big in size overall takes a lot of time to load sometimes.

Felipe

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Secure and Affordable Cloud Storage

I recommend Mega for those who needs a reliable and affordable cloud storage.

PROS

Mega is a great option for a low-cost cloud storage. I've been using Mega for over 5 years now and it has been a reliable and easy-to-use service. One of the things I like most about Mega is the amount of storage space available for free accounts. Plus, the pricing for paid plans is very reasonable.

CONS

The synchronization and file transfer process can sometimes take longer than expected, especially when dealing with larger files or when there is a slow internet connection

Reviewed July 2021

Best cloud service ever!

I have been using MEGA for some time, I use it to save some files as a Backup. MEGA has saved me a lot of troubles a few times. Thanks MEGA!

PROS

I love that MEGA offers you possibilities to increase your cloud storage such as inviting your friends and for each friend invited you to earn 5GB of additional storage!!! Also, if you don't want to invite someone, you can always earn additional storage by installing their software, verifying your phone number and etc. I earned 15GB additional storage just verifying email, phone number, etc! Cool right? I don't think MEGA has download speed limits, I always download at a reasonable speed! And of course, MEGA is all encrypted.

CONS

I just think the upload speed is a little bit slow.. sometimes the speed does not exceed 100kb!

Reasons for switching to MEGA

I found the UI of MEGA much beautiful and MEGA offers additional storage!

Ismaël

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

The file backup and download app

Very satisfied with the software on the backup side all that of the download

PROS

The speed of the download and the security of the downloaded file

CONS

The cancellation of the download, when clicking on a file for download without your information is not associated with the application

Kyle

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Great storage app with lots of options

PROS

You start out with 15 gb of storage, which is the same as Google Drive, but you can quickly bump that up by downloading there web extension, referring friends, and other tasks. Very quickly you have a lot of storage for free. The download speeds are great, and it is end to end encrypted, so you know it is secure. It will also let you make links to files so you can share the file with a friend. I use the app a lot.

CONS

It would be nice if it worked with Google Drive better. And they keep your transfer quota to 5 gigs for the free version.

Reasons for switching to MEGA

Mega Drive has more options for me.

Aymard

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Recommend it to anyone looking for a safe, secure way to store their files.

I've been looking for a free, secure cloud storage option for some time and have found few that I can trust. MEGA is a great alternative. I love that I get total control over my files and can access them from anywhere. I've only had it for a few days but I can already see the value in this service. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a safe, secure way to store their files.

PROS

I'm using this tool to share files with my coworkers and friends. It's really easy to use and the price is great too.

CONS

when you send a file of a certain size, you are asked to use the app, which I don't like

Reviewed November 2022

Fast and secure platform for cloud data storage

PROS

Pretty affordable as compared to other similar tools like Dropbox or pcloudGives a decent storage of 20 GB even for the free plan.Works very fast when importing files and folders from a Mega shared link.Has robust security features like zero-knowledge encryption.Makes accessing data easier by having a mobile or desktop app.

CONS

Does not have any lifetime storage plan like pcloud occasionally offers

Eitan

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

I like the product but the support is bad

When I don't experience any bugs it's good, But when I am it's a problem

PROS

The ease of use is efficient and I can upload my files from any device.

CONS

The support staff is not very friendly. They are quite blunt.

Sajal

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

A file storage system that works well!

Overall, the experience with MEGA has been great so far with just a little spanner that they don't have smaller plans to cater to an individual's requirements who doesn't need 400GB of space. Also, the transfer caps is something that only MEGA has and no other vendor is having that.

PROS

Ease of UI and really simple UI and UX besides getting a 50GB free space.

CONS

Pricing - that's a pain point. Google One is offering 200GB worth of space at just about USD28 per year whereas the minimum Mega plan is with 400GB of space at USD68 per year.

Zuberi

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Fast download speed

My overall experience has been great no problems and I have been using mega for over 3 years.

PROS

I love the fast download speed and I love how you and send your downloads to the cloud too it is also cheap to upgrade and get more space.

CONS

I do not think there are any cons in this software it's extremely good.

Ezechiel Narcisse