All Gymcatch Reviews

Matthew

Reviewed June 2022

Excellent product

Customer service is excellent - fast response

PROS

Value and functional use. it gives a premium feel to members that they have own app

CONS

The fact I cannot add any other products I sell through my studio which you could with Mindbody. Should be easy to add!

Price

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, Matthew, it's very much appreciated. Great to hear the usability and value have been to the fore! Thank you too for the wider shop feedback - it's absolutely on the roadmap! Many thanks again, Ollie Director & Founder

Replied June 2022

Hayley

Fantastic app

Fantastic. I would recommend 100%. Easy to use with outstanding customer service.

PROS

Simple to use for both businesses and clients. Lots of extra features to suit your brand/company. You only pay for what you need and you can swap and change it monthly. Everything you need in one place.

CONS

My only complaint would be that the client messaging system can sometimes be slow. So there can sometimes be a delay receiving messages.

Reason for choosing Gymcatch

Value for money. Downloadable app. Easier to navigate. No fuss login system.

Reasons for switching to Gymcatch

I originally had the free version of bookwhen and due to extra classes and bookings I needed to move to the pay version. I shopped around.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Hayley. We really appreciate it and so pleased the software meets your needs at the right price. Thank you too for the messaging feedback - whilst not something we're seeing more widely, some updates coming to update that soon which I think may help. Please do get in contact with support if need us to look at anything in relation with you. Many thanks again, Ollie Director & Founder

Louise

Good easy app to use

Good

PROS

Like the ease of booking and colourful pages. Good for fitness use.

CONS

Having to pay. The tone it takes to organise classes

Easier to use

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Louise. We very much appreciate it and are pleased you like the ease of booking, page layout and fitness use case. Thank you too for the feedback on tone - always a balancing act to try to ensure clear, communicates power of system and not too technical! Please do send anything specific in relation to support@gymcatch.com, always very welcome indeed! Many thanks again, Ollie Director & Founder

Lindsey

Reviewed August 2021

I can't tell you the relief!

Flipping brilliant so far. So helpful. Patient. Kind. Customer focussed. Clear. The fact they are UK based and we're in the same timezone really has helped too. I used a different soft ware for the last year and it's been awful.

PROS

I'm so excited I've found something that is so easy to use. I'm not techy and have been able to work out in one day how to upload classes, pictures, get customers onto the system and start making money - even in my trial period. I love the info I can see about my customers bookings and the scheduling of classes. And it links easily with zoom too! I know how to cancel things and edit a customer package... and it's fairly intuitive. Just dig around and look. You soon find the thing you need.

CONS

Working out whether I need a class pass, a bundle or a membership is still a bit foggy for me. There are videos explaining which does what - but thinking it through in terms of what MY actual business needed was harder. Luckily the help / chat team were patient when I asked lots of questions. It's linking your strategic structure to the pass / bundle / membership that feels a bit complicated. So I started simple with a 5 class bundle then I'm going to expand from there. There are videos - but it's not as good as chatting to someone about what you want your business to achieve and which is the best model. A half hour help chat / webinar on this would be useful sometime!

Reasons for switching to Gymcatch

Hugely expensive. Highly frustrating and complicated. And they told me it could deliver things last October that were still in development. I've wasted £000's. Not happy at all. And the stress!!!!! I wanted to grow in the pandemic and I've shrunk, and with no support from the government it was a huge deal for me to invest. Felt very let down. Now I'm ready to grow again as these guys seem on it!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Lindsey. It is very much appreciated and we're very proud that we're able to help your business. Many thanks again, Ollie Director & Founder

Replied August 2021

Best Booking System For Fitness Professionals

PROS

It’s easy to use. It helps me manage my business and automates the booking process, which I was previously having to do manually. Gymcatch helps me connect with my clients and simplifies their bookings and payments. Plus they are adding incredible new features all the time!

CONS

Zero complaints they literally have thought of everything!

Reason for choosing Gymcatch

Fantastic value for money including a free trial option and transparent pricing. The support from the customer service team is second to none. I feel like the Gymcatch team actually cares about the success of my business, whereas the alternatives often tend to view their customers as another brick in the wall. Gymcatch actually believes in the power of small-scale local businesses and is enthusiastic about delivering a positive impact with what they do.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Sarah, we really appreciate it. We are so passionate about supporting fitness in the community and so pleased this comes through to you and our customers. Many thanks again, Ollie Director & Founder

Replied August 2021

Helen

Reviewed April 2021

Nothing but praise for Gymcatch

PROS

From a business perspective it's incredibly easy to set up (with comprehensive guides and support available if needed), has adaptability / flexibility with 'Bolt-Ons' and makes tracking bookings and attendees a doddle. From an end user perspective I've had feedback saying it's very user-friendly due to it's straight-forward, easy to navigate app.

CONS

I can't personally say that I have come across any cons, it's made my life a lot easier. If I've felt something wasn't quite right I've contacted support who have pretty much instantly either pointed me in the right direction or noted my query / issue.

Reason for choosing Gymcatch

I have nothing but praise for Gymcatch - this system has been invaluable and during a difficult time of running classes online (and now in person) in a pandemic has made my life a whole lot easier. It's saved me time and some of my sanity! Manually dealing with bookings and handling the payments was becoming a pain but this system has taken control of it all. The integration with Zoom has been a saving grace, knowing participants have an email with the links rather than me having to send them out once a booking has been received is a weight off my mind. Having the ability to run off attendee reports, etc. for accounts purposes has been really helpful too as well as having all client information available at the touch of a screen. It's user-friendly, both from an admin and end-user perspective, and should you need them, the Support / Customer Services team are always friendly and helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Helen, we really appreciate you taking the time. We're so pleased that Gymcatch has helped your business, especially during the pandemic which we know added a lot of unwanted complexity for many. Many thanks again, Ollie Director and Founder

Replied May 2021

Geraldine

Reviewed February 2021

The best app for my business!

I honestly wouldn't use another app for my business. It's everything that a business needs and allows me to look more professional in an industry that is quickly becoming oversaturated. I can't recommend this app enough and the customer service I've received from day one has been nothing short of excellent. It's pushed my business to stand out from so many others while still allowing me time to spend with clients. I really didn't want an app that was too time consuming and would lead me to neglect my clients and take away that personal experience by constantly having to update or rework an app.

PROS

What I like most about this software is that it's easy to use. It's free for my clients to download, easy for them to book, pay and cancel all in one place. Easy for me to schedule classes ahead of time (months if needed). I have the option to turn on or off extra bolt on's, which is very handy and one that covers my business well. I can easily make a class an online class with zoom by tapping a button and it arranges links, ID's, passwords ect, making it easier on me and less time consuming. It also works very well with Stripe, the app that handles all of the payments. One of the best features I find that this app has is the option to refund a client with a class pass rather than actually removing money from my account, a win win in my opinion.

CONS

I suppose the only negative I have with the software is how many Zoom meetings I can make. Nothing really to do with Gymcatch as it's a Zoom problem but sometimes when making online classes it won't pre-set them as I'd have gone over my 100 class limit for that day meaning I've to wait until the following day and trying to figure out what classes didn't set itself up.

Reason for choosing Gymcatch

The price of any other app or software was too expensive for what I was making. Starting out as a small business its difficult to properly invest when you don't make enough money. Any other app I looked into was charging me £40+ a month but only allowing me to have a certain number of clients (50) before I'd have to upgrade. They also didn't allow me to personalise the app to fit my image for my business. With Gymcatch I can add all my own photos, my own descriptions, times whatever I wanted to make it mine for a fraction of the cost.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this comprehensive review Geraldine. We're genuinely delighted Gymcatch works so well for you. Thank you too for the Zoom feedback! In relation to that one limit we'll continue to work with Zoom in the hope they relax that daily limit. Many thanks again, Ollie Director & Founder

Replied February 2021

Amanda

Reviewed July 2019

The perfect booking system solution for fitness providers

Having looked at several booking solutions I decided to try GymCatch based on cost and functionality. From the start I found Gymcatch easy to use, with no App glitches experienced by either the administrator or clients. It is easy to set up recurring classes using existing templates, and client feedback has been excellent in terms of ease of use. The messaging function is somewhat limited in terms of characters and is a little clunky in terms of functionality, particularly if using the App. When I have experienced a problem (thorough lack of awareness on my part of how the system works), Gymcatch customer support dealt with my email query straight away. Overall I would thoroughly recommend Gymcatch if you are looking for a simple to use booking system that has great functionality and excellent customer support.

PROS

Ease of use, functionality, customer service and support and the price.

CONS

The messaging function is a little clunky and word limited

Cost and the fact that Bookingbug didn't have Android functionality

Thank you very much for your review Amanda. We really appreciate you taking the time and are delighted that Gymcatch has proved to be the solution you wanted. Thank you too for your feedback on in-app messaging. I hope more recently this has improved with various updates we've made, but we do recognise it's not as all-encompassing as a WhatsApp or similar platforms as yet. We will be working on enhancing this in the coming months. Many thanks again, Ollie Director & Founder

Simon

Reviewed July 2019

Best versatile booking system ever!

The community features and rewards system based in the app for my customers have helped create a stronger community amongst my participants. Using GymCatch cut my monthly cost of a booking system by over 70% compared to previous service, and has all the features I need to keep my fitness classes running and growing

PROS

The best customer service I've ever experienced, messages responded to usually within a few hours. Services are all incredibly easy to use and customise - my customers love using this booking system. Developers are always working to provide new features and refine existing services.

CONS

New features are sometimes a little slow to be released (though always excellent when they arrive).

Reasons for switching to Gymcatch

HUGE cost difference, and very few features I want not available yet (lots of service features in constant development). Also great to have a UK based service that work with businesses in my industry rather than a US based team who don't seem to appreciate or cater so well for smaller business users

Thank you for your review Simon, really appreciate you taking the time! We're delighted you switched to Gymcatch and that you find it so intuitive. Thank you too for the feed-in on new features. Always a delicate balance with the need for careful design, development and testing but as we go about doubling the size of the team I'm certain our pace of iteration will increase too. Many thanks again, Ollie Director & Founder

heather

Reviewed June 2023

Great Studio Spftware

customer service is excellent

PROS

Great Value for Money , easy to use, has an app too

CONS

Would like to see a dashboard for financials but can be accessed by stripe

Reasons for switching to Gymcatch

Go Team Up pricing structure included all people that registered but not using the studio

Hi Heather, Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we really appreciate it. Delighted to read the system is working well for you and providing great value for money. Thanks too for the request for more financial reporting, certainly on the enhancements roadmap. As you note, much can be taken from Stripe+meta data we send, along with our reports in the dash - if there's anything more like to talk to us about that please do get in touch directly either via the live chat or via support@gymcatch.com. Many thanks again, Ollie Director & Founder

Replied August 2023

Amy

Reviewed September 2019

Brilliant in every way

Right from the beginning the support from the team has been second to none. I looked at other providers but had no support from them - where as with Gymcatch I felt totally valued and looked after.

PROS

It’s simple to use, both as a business and a client for my business.

CONS

It glitches sometimes and customers can not register or check in but this is easily rectified if I “attend” then after class.

Reasons for switching to Gymcatch

Gymcatch offers more of what I need and the customer support is just brilliant. Being able to talk to someone at almost any time of day was a huge help when I was setting up my business. They are always very prompt to respond to queries.

Thank you very much for your review Amy! Very much appreciated and we're so happy you chose Gymcatch! I'll email directly on the other item you raise as that should be resolved! Many thanks again, Ollie Director & Founder

Replied September 2019

Thomas

Sports, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

Great package and outstanding customer service

Gymcatch was vital for my business during the COVID-19 pandemic. The software is easy to use for me and for my clients. I chose Gymcatch over other similar softwares because of their positive customer service reviews. In my experience they are outstanding. Reply and deal with issues very quickly and understandably.

PROS

Great functionality (multiple bookings, packages), simple and clear for users, no bugs/glitches, reliable, secure, free trial, great customer service

CONS

Having to contact Gymcatch to manage account. However they are fast to respond and are happy to comply instantly with all queries I presented.

Reason for choosing Gymcatch

Gymcatch was easier to get started and included better functions.

Thank you very much for the review Thomas. We really appreciate you taking the time and are delighted Gymcatch is serving your needs! Many thanks again, Ollie Director & Founder

Replied February 2021

Sharon

Reviewed July 2020

Superb customer service

The customer service is incredible, the response time to queries is very fast indeed and the software is constantly being updated to provide increased functionality. Every time I think of something that might be useful, I drop them an e-mail and lo and behold, they have already thought about it and will be bringing it out in their next update. Top notch service! :)

PROS

I found the booking system easy to set up, I like the options of the different packages that you can offer. The participant information is great and I found a way to gather all the information needed to meet my insurance requirements without having to ask participants to upload a separate document. It is so easy to duplicate a class to make it recurring. The gift option is brilliant for giving away loyalty classes.

CONS

Some of my participants found it a bit tricky at first but they all find it very easy to use now.

Reasons for switching to Gymcatch

I always struggled with Bookwhen, I found it difficult to remove or change a class from a series and found the site difficult to navigate. When Clubbercise offered a 6 month free trial for Gymcatch I thought I would try it and would never go back now!

Thank you very much for your review Sharon. We know the instructor's life is a busy one, so really appreciate you taking the time! Thank you too for your feedback on feature suggestions and customer service. We'll keep our regular updates and updates coming! Many thanks again, Ollie Director & Founder

Replied July 2020

Lynn

Reviewed March 2021

Best booking software out there!

Gymcatch is an efficient and affordable booking system which looks very professional. I have had very positive interactions with the directors and found that they are genuinely passionate about making their system work best for their clients and their businesses. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are very responsive to feedback and are constantly working to make sure the system evolves to meet our needs (such as adding Zoom links when many of us had to move our businesses online).

PROS

As an administrator, I like the fact that users have the choice of logging in via the app or the website, as some of my clients don’t use smartphones. I love that the same software can enable me to offer packages of classes to be used within a time limit as well as courses that run weekly for a certain length of time. This gives me the flexibility I need for my business model.

CONS

Initially I didn’t like that there was no Courses feature for block bookings, but this has now been added and works very well for me and my clients.

Reason for choosing Gymcatch

I found it more user-friendly for both me and my clients, and more affordable for the features I needed. I had also been told that the tech support was fantastic, and this has definitely proved to be the case. I always get very quick and helpful responses to queries.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Lynn, we really appreciate it. Also delighted to read the packages/courses combination is working so well for you! Many thanks again, Ollie Director & Founder

Replied March 2021

Kaye

Community Fitness

PROS

Easy to set up, easy for customers to use online or to download the app, fast response from support when needed.

CONS

I have to be using the online version on a desktop to access all features. Keeping track of class passes is actually quite difficult. If someone cancels and is eligible for refund, I have to remember to go in and manually refund as the system does not do it for you.

Reasons for switching to Gymcatch

Gymcatch is UK based and cheaper

Thank you very much for the review Kaye! We're really pleased you and your customers find the system easy to use. With regards to auto-credit backs, our auto-refund feature can actually handle that. I'll email directly to ensure you have the needed information. Many thanks again, Ollie Director & Founder

Helena

Likes and dislikes

I’ve enjoyed the time with gym catch but it was hard to set up and I’ve spent a lot of time chatting to online help. I haven’t added demand yet so I hope that’s easy.

PROS

Feels fun and modern Like that it’s a growing company The people are really helpful in the chat when you can’t work something out.

CONS

Calendar integration not great sends double one that’s cancelled so you calendar is a mess. No name on booking in the calendar . No reminder text sent to clients . Not designed for 1-1 bookings PT. Want to reach out for help in the evenings and weekends but gym Catch closes. Vids on YouTube are fast and bit quick to follow. Bit expensive as most people need all the add on’s to compete with other booking systems. Would like more templates on offer.

Reason for choosing Gymcatch

You offered a trail test

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review Helena. We appreciate the feedback! I'm pleased that you've found the feature set wide and our team helpful. Thank you for the calendar sync and PT feedback. We've certainly focused on group classes historically and we agree there's some enhancements to make for intelligent variable appointment scheduling and these will be going into development soon. Please do feel free to reach out directly if you'd like to learn more in relation (support@gymcatch.com or online chat as these reviews are deliberately anonymised). In terms of outside of office support, we do generally reply outside of office hours (and have weekend times for replies) but these are not live rather clear downs. We keep that under review and may amend hours in due course. Many thanks again, Ollie Director and Founder

Kerstin