What are Jackrabbit Swim users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Jackrabbit Swim software through verified user reviews

• icon"It is user friendly and I appreciate the video tutorials in the help section."
  • icon"The website is easy to navigate. I really like the newer calendar link that is available no matter what screen you're in to click on."
  • icon"A 180 change from the old platform we were using. It's not only used friendly for the administrators but as well for our families/members."
  • icon"It can be very difficult to maneuver and figure out exactly how the system should be set up for proper use."
  • icon"M struggling a bit more with the updated version."
  • icon"Web registration should calculate and post fees correctly. Lots of manual work is required, leading to user errors."

Browse all Jackrabbit Swim Reviews

• Have you used Jackrabbit Swim and would like to share your experience with others?

Carly

A really great online scheduling/payment software

Pros

The software is very easy to use and train employees on. Jackrabbit allows clients to store their credit card information online and makes it much easier for collecting payments. Love that everything we need is in one software- employee time clock, scheduling, payments, and online registration. Another great feature is the snapshot of revenue comparison and reports that you can pull from the information you gather. Customer support is absolutely phenomenal. They have guided me along the way since day one!

Cons

It doesn't fit every scheduling need we have. Although, after trying out 5-6 other scheduling softwares, Jackrabbit was by far the best fit. I don't particularly like the view (snapshot) of the schedules for instructors.

Gabby

Fantastic Platform

We give Jackrabbit Swim a A+

Pros

A 180 change from the old platform we were using. It's not only used friendly for the administrators but as well for our families/members. The support staff is awesome! Always ready to help and fast response.

Cons

We wish there was an app for the staff and parents to use... We wish we could save multiple times in the same class and multiple instructors...

Reasons for choosing Jackrabbit Swim

I have used TU Lessons in the past and it is not user friendly especially for members registration.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Swim

Too many issues with billing and registrations and bugs in their system.

Courtney

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

December 2021

Jackrabbit so incredibly useful and has great customer service

Pros

Jackrabbit has so many features that our swim school needs. It's mostly easy to use after you get used to it and they have great customer service. They are always updating to fit client's needs.

Cons

It does take some learning to use but it's not difficult. There are a few features that I wish it had but they are minimal.

Marsha

Industry: Facilities Services

Jackrabbit Swim

Like I stated, the ease of navigating the software is really nice. However, they change stuff all the time, new, enhanced. Just leave it alone already. The changes they make don't make it any easier, it is time-consuming to figure out the new way, and it really doesn't make the experience any better.

Pros

The software is really easy to use. Very user friendly.

Cons

ALL THE CHANGES THAT ARE MADE CONSTANTLY ON THIS SOFTWARE. TRYING TO GET AHOLD OF ANYONE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE JUST WHEN YOU GET USED TO DOING SOMETHING, THEY CHANGE AND YOU HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO RE-DO SOMETHING. THE CHANGES THEY MAKE AREN'T ANY BETTER THAN WHAT THEY DID BEFORE. IF IT AIN'T BROKE DONT FIX IT!

Nicole

Best Software for Swim Lessons!

The set up of the software to streamline a business was easy. Scheduling, Registrations, Payments, emails, and the organization of this all in one place is what makes this such a great software. Not to mention great customer support.

Pros

It's easy to use for administrators and cliental.

Cons

I like everything about the software. I have not found a con thus far.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Swim

Amelia was not user friendly and software had less options. The software did not work for my customized swim lessons.

Gwyn

Jackrabbit Swim is simply the best for our swimming program!

While Jackrabbit may not do all that I would like it to, this software provides most of what I want and need to run our business. The customer service is the best I've seen in that they respond to inquiries swiftly with answers or suggestions to my situation.

Pros

I first loved the ease of set up for our business. I was able to set up registration and approximately 100 classes in a matter of hours! The ease of use is fantastic. Their staff responded to all of my questions quickly and helped me to work around some issues that their software couldn't handle at the time I set everything up. Nowadays, I LOVE the prorating feature.

Cons

There are a few things I wish I could do with Jackrabbit Swim: 1. Sort daily schedules by instructor or skill level 2. Generate more customized reports for internal use 3. Maintain a history of instructors for classes 4. Be able to add a substitute instructor to the schedule when regular instructors are out

Reasons for choosing Jackrabbit Swim

Customer service and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Swim

Customer Service was not responsive.

Anna

Versatile software for any swim school

The software saves me so much time and it's super easy for parents to use.

Pros

The ease of parents being able to book on and pay and see their child's progress. Copying classes each term in bulk and automatically booking swimmers on. Saves so much time.

Cons

Can be difficult to find what you're looking for.

Better price.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Swim

Jackrabbit allows me to do more.

Problems

I didn't realize how much better are old program was that was developed 20+ years ago.

Pros

Great job at being a web base solution Very reliable Timely help

Cons

Cannot do a waitlist!! Cannot print roll sheets a usefull manner that will help the instructors!! Cannot match up students very easily!! Tech support does not seem to have any solutions that could work for us.

Reasons for choosing Jackrabbit Swim

I heard good things and was hopeful

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Swim

I though we would be able to run a much better experience for our customers with JR.

Leah

Overall good product

Overall good product and easy to use. Would recommend to others, but would also love to work with Jackrabbit to be able to customize a bit further.

Pros

It is user friendly and I appreciate the video tutorials in the help section. Much better than having to email someone and wait for a response, so they are thorough and cover almost every single topic you could be looking for. Parents have found the Parent/Portal easy to use as well.

Cons

There is some information I need to order to run each session that is not collected so I have to email participants to collect that necessary data (such as parent/guardian DOB is needed to enter them as members of the facility). Also I wish when pulling transactions to process payments, it would pull those that have paid already as well (and label them as paid) so I don't think I have missing payments. When transfer participants between sessions, the data does not always track automatically either (I have to shuffle participants a decent amount because they registered for the wrong class or need to combine classes) and when I go to process payments, typically the missing transactions belong to those that were transferred from one class to another. Leaving me to track them down individually to process payment.

Kimberly

Great software that saves time and Nice people to help anytime needed

More time to focus on everything else and less time having to do admin work.

Pros

You can almost do everything you need with in the software. They keep adding more and more integrations so eventually it will all be in one place and I love it.

Cons

I do not like the home page layout as it is a little intimidating to my new staff when training them and they find it confusing. Its okay once you get used to it though.

Gwyn

Best Swim Lesson Registration/Scheduling Software I've found

Originally used Jackrabbit and thought I would try another scheduling software...I was seduced by some Australian accents...about 3 days before going live, everything fell apart and I realized I could not use a company who took so long to respond to urgent questions. I was able to get everything up and running with Jackrabbit in those 3 days (and I was setting up approximately 500 classes/groups) and it all went off without a hitch!

Pros

I love that registrations are electronic...that you can access remotely...reports are easily generated...seamless transactions with credit card processor...super fast response time to questions or concerns about the software. Loving the prorating for tuition. We use the software for swim lessons and swim team.

Cons

The daily calendar of events does not allow for sorting by instructor or show students on a print out. We end up having to copy and paste into our own daily print out. Entering swim meet fees is time consuming as it must be done by loading each individual family.

Danila

Easy use for swim school

Great

Pros

I love that the Jackrabbit team is always improving their software for the better

Cons

Overall my experience with jackrabbit was great. Keep on listening to your customers, I do want to make a suggestion to see if a person can code the name of clients name onto an email

Reasons for choosing Jackrabbit Swim

It was easier to use and I used it before

Alivia

Jackrabbit Experience

It has been awesome! Customer support has always been very polite with answering my millions of questions. I’m getting more used to all of the drop-down menus and trying to use new features. I’d like for here to be more frequent webinars on all the extra features people may not realize exist or that could be utilized differently. There is so much to this software and I know I’m not using it to it’s full potential cause I’m not sure how!

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to organize all data entries for each student and the different tools for viewing classes.

Cons

Sometimes there are features that aren’t as accessible or don’t make sense. For example, I’d love to be able to send automated reminder emails to my parents for when tuition is about to be taken out. I don’t like that emails can only be sent out 90 days in advance. Why is this?

Nick

There is no better program for our industry

Well considering when I first started teaching I was managing my class schedules using paper and a filing cabinet, Jackrabbit has saved countless man hours over the years.

Pros

It literally has almost every feature I need to manage my school. The program is easy to use and I find it easy to train new employees. The biggest time saver for me is having all the templates in place, including pre-drafted emails, etc.

Cons

I really like the legacy version of posting tuition fees because I had a system down that worked well with the templates I had. I’m struggling a bit more with the updated version. The other thing I wish they had was an option to allow customers to schedule make-ups via the parent portal.

Suzanne

Jackrabbit Swim has helped us streamline our business operations and be better organized.

Pros

We are able to use it for our swim lessons as well as a swim team. It is nice to use one piece of software for both although it's not perfect for our business model. Support responds quickly even if they are not able to fix the issue immediately.

Cons

There are times when the software doesn't seem to have been tested well in an actual user environment. Some things just don't make sense. I think many recurring tasks could be accomplished with less mouse clicks. I wish the end-user had a more ability to customize reports and statements (i.e. I would like to be able to create a report completely from scratch with input and output of my choice).

Taylor

Easy to use, nice to have billing/scheduling/rosters in one place.

Pros

Everything is in one place. I can bill, schedule, see class history, print rosters, track skills and attendance, email and text families all in one place. I can quickly see a family's transaction and class history. I can mass post tuition fees and process batch credit cards which saves a lot of time.

Cons

I'm having a hard time figuring out the best way to post annual tuition fees when everybody has different start dates.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! It's our hope that you continually find value in our features and functionality. We are always listening and seeking out ways to assist you in continuing your success, so please let us know how we can help.

Replied March 2018

Sabrina

Easy to use interface for Managers and Families

Pros

It was pretty easly to learn how to navigate Jackrabbit and we love the parent portal that our families can access. The tech support is amazing in answer any questions!

Cons

There are some features that would help our business be more efficient. Although there is a place where we can post our suggestions, it takes a long time for them to be heard and added to the system. However, we love that Jackrabbit is listening to our feedback and continuously improving the software.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Swim

We needed something that could house a larger enrollment and help us grow more efficiently.

Nikki

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Solid Platform

Jackrabbit allows website registration and frees up office staff time, and they now have prorated fees, based on the number of lessons, rather than just a monthly fee.

Pros

Jackrabbit keeps growing and getting better. The development team comes out with new additions regularly, and their communication about it is excellent! The customer service is the best part of Jackrabbit. Answers are very timely morning, night and weekends! I've never experienced that before with a software company. They have many training videos and a help section with lots of answers as well. The software has lots of options of doing things YOUR way. There are many fabulous reports too.

Cons

It allows a teacher to be booked in more than once place at a time.

Nadia

Love Jackrabbit Swim

We use Jackrabbit Swim for our business - Stony Creek Swim Center. We have been using it for a few years now and I think it has really helped the business suceed. Customer service is great and usually responds fairly quickly to our questions and concerns.

Pros

The website is easy to navigate. I really like the newer calendar link that is available no matter what screen you're in to click on. Used to be you could only access the calendar button on the home page which was a pain to go back and forth to.

Cons

Nothing really. It's all pretty easy to learn and navigate through

Annie

Not quite right...

We used Jackrabbit for ~3 months. It was far better than our old system (Vagaro), but the inability to put power in customers hands (regarding makeups, class drops, transfers, etc) caused us to switch to iClass. We're a few weeks in (JR acct is still active as we complete the annoying task of collecting credit cards), but iClass has suited us much better. They have a parent portal app, makeups are easy, and my only annoyance is having to toggle between 2 locations.

Pros

It was designed for kids sports and provides necessary functionality for maintaining our swim school, as opposed to other (less industry specific) software we've used in the past.

Cons

#1 flaw is its inability to allow customers to schedule makeup classes / lessons. This took hours of manual admin time weekly, and as a growing swim school, I can't imagine what that would have looked like had we not switched to a different system. Not only was the manual work tedious, but it made makeups "personal" - ie if there was no/limited availability, it made our staff look like the bad guys. Also, the system looks and feels outdated, and has too much functionality in my opinion. On top of that, I consider myself a tech-savvy person, and after months of using the billing features, I was still confused on how to issue/apply account credits.

Buffy

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

JackRabbit has always been extremely helpful in every situation.

Pros

JackRabbit is constantly working to improve their software. There are enhancements released weekly. Support is quick to respond and will work through any situation. There is also a Facebook group to post questions to other users. I find this very helpful to get other people to help find solutions.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

We appreciate your positive comments and we're thrilled that you are having great success with Jackrabbit. Our ears are always up for ways that we can continue to improve our software. We hope your experience with Jackrabbit continues to help your business thrive!

Replied March 2018

Annie

Customer Service is the best. The response is so quick and everyone is very friendly.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to navigate. We use the weekly page the most and all the updates have been very useful.

Cons

The software is not always user friendly. We have multiple classes at the same time with the same level. This makes it hard when we charge for tuition. I always have to go in and check certain fields to see if tuition was posted correctly. Most of the time it discounts to much. This is the biggest concern for me.

Jackie

Amazing, responsive database that makes managing your program very efficient.

efficiency, more time to spend on other duties!

Pros

The ease of use has to be the number one reason we like it best! Followed closely by the quick response from support when we can't figure something out or have ideas for improvement.

Cons

Can't think of one. Anytime we've come across something that didn't quite work well for us or found something we thought we needed, it was something that was in the works to be rolled out soon.

Becca

Jackrabbit Software Review

I highly recommend Jackrabbit. I honestly have no complaints.

Pros

It is easy to navigate and always improving! They are constantly listening to users to better the software and help you find the best way to use it with your company.

Cons

There are some features that are not compatible with our company, but they continue to help improve and adjust features in a way that will benefit us.

Jenifer

This system is great for our swim school. Easy to use with lots of functionality.

Pros

I like that it can be accessed anywhere and that the staff can have different log in levels for their specific roles. It is also nice to have the time clock and attendance features accessible through a specific staff portal.

Cons

My least favorite piece of this software is that it does not provide opportunities to build your own reports. It has several useful reports, but everyone's needs are different.

4.54/5 out of 59 reviews