Browse Martial Arts on Rails Reviews

Alan from Heroes Martial Arts

Why MaonRails is the best solution for a Martial Arts Studio

Excellent. As a martial arts studio owner you NEED a billing system, MAonRails is built specifically with martial arts studios in mind (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is my discipline) which is important. It allows me more control over my accounts then other solutions as well.

Pros

I have actually used a number of products and competitors in the past, and I feel the customer service is top notch, ease of use and the right features are in place. (this was clearly built by a martial artist for martial artists

Cons

I haven't used the offered website as I already had my own. MaonRails has definitely grown since I first started using them and I am eager to see what new and useful features they plan on integrating.

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

Customer Support, Ease of use and the fact it focused solely on Martial Arts, as opposed to other programs that work with other industries as well. Most features are intuitive to use and easy, anything which has needed help or feature requests have been responded to with lighting speed.

Luke from Sennen Karate Club

Great Software For Martial Arts Schools

Nothing but a positive experience with Martial Arts on Rails, highly recommend it

Pros

There are so many great things about this software, the depth of features is fantastic and covers pretty much everything a martial arts school would need! The technical assistance is another massive plus point, you always get a prompt polite response to your queries and everything is resolved super quick. Another plus point of this software is that is is super easy to use and navigate through, a lot of thought has gone into the layout and ensuring the most important features are right there at your fingertips. Another positive about this software is the developers are always updating it with new features, which is fantasict, they really are determined to provide the best possible software out there. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this software to any other Martial Arts Clubs based on my experience using it!

Cons

One of the biggest cons with this software, if there are any, is the lack of an app. I feel this would be the icing on the cake.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

I liked the look of it and it offered everything i was looking for, plus the addition of a free trial meant it was easy to try out the software in full before fully making the switch from paper admin.

Paul from Jita Kyoei Judo Club

Martial Arts on Rails Review

Pros

Simple interface Most needed features Quick turnaround for bug fixes Open to suggestions for new features

Cons

Unable to work directly with back-end data (though this is understandable), more export options would help here though Would prefer a self hosted open source solution if one were available with comparable feature set Self-sign-in when multiple classes available feels less intuitive than other processes

Price Developer responsiveness to questions More modern looking clean interface

Jason from Integrated Martial Arts Pty Ltd

'Martial Arts on Rails' is worth your attention. Try it out!

Overall experience to date has been very good. I have received excellent customer service. Due to COVID-19 temporary shutdown of my gym/dojo, I had some time on my hands to do a detailed review and trial of this software. I have looked a several systems over the past couple of years in detail and used another system for 12 months prior to moving to Martial Arts on Rails. Although it doesn't do 100% of what I wanted, it is very close and improving all the time. Remember there is no such thing as a perfect system. This software does a good job of majoring on the majors and is growing and adding new features and feature improvements continually based on user feedback. Keep up the fantastic work Martial Arts on Rails!

Pros

- Ease of use. - Ability to easily communicate via Text Message or Email in bulk to members/database without leaving the system or having to export to another system. - Member Portal very useful. - Overall features combined equals a great product. - Support has proven to be very responsive.

Cons

- At time of writing, there are limited integration options e.g. No 'Zapier' integration. However, for most users I believe you won't need another system. That's one of the benefits of this software. - There are work arounds, however at time of writing there is no customised tagging system for member database. - Even though I believe they have an easy Family management feature. At time of writing there is no easy way to communicate directly with a parent/guardian of a child student. For example, currently the email would be addressed directly to the child, not the parent/guardian.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

- Looks good. - Easy to use. - Easy bulk communication via text or email. - Online Member Portal is more flexible than other solutions I reviewed. - Handles most things I require to create a complete solution for my gym/dojo.

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

Previous solution was lacking easy direct bulk communication with members and online member content area was not as flexible.

Stephen from Kioto BJJ Chattanooga

Nothing but amazing!

Pros

The beautiful UI and overall feel of the software got us hooked! This software is on par if not better than most big named software out there that we have tried at a fraction of the price! Although there are a ton of amazing features, nothing comes close to how the customer service makes you feel when you join. Customer service is hands down the best thing about this software. If we have an issue they personally emails us back almost instantly to get it resolved! They are there anytime of day to assist and make sure the software is running at its full potential. The best of all is that they listens to feedback and actually implements them! WHAT? I've asked my recent software many times for what I thought were simple requests, and have always gotten a "we will see what we can do" response. The software is constantly being updated and cared for! Martial Arts on Rails has been one of the greatest decisions we have ever made for our school/business. Don't be like us and wait to get started. Sign-up now and see for yourself how amazing this software is!

Cons

There is nothing to dislike. If we have an issue the customer service finds a way to fix it. No matter what.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

Pricing. Integrations to our current billing system. Beautiful UI and customization.

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

Kept feeling like the price was going up while more and more restrictions were being added. We would contact customer support just for them to transfer me to another person who would then transfer us to another person, that would make us wait for an email that never arrived. Also It felt/looked like their software was stuck in the early 2000. Complete opposite of Maonrails!

Angela from Riverview East Karate

Top Value

I am very pleased with our choice to go with maonrails. This system was initially meant for our yoga and fitness programs, but the benefits we are seeing in our karate programs is amazing. The students love how easy it is to use, they love the portal and payment option. The free website is easy to set up, with lots of choices to customize. We run a number of different classes using this program and it keeps us organized so we can focus on the classes rather than the back office. The report features are very helpful to keep each program separate. Overall, using this program has saved us hours of paperwork each week. It is the program we didn't know we needed until we tried it! Definitely would recommend giving it a try. Great customer service, great website and amazing tool to keep ranks, dates, payments, attendance and schedules organized!

Pros

The price was the selling point. Not the cost of the program, but the fact that there was not a tiered system for pricing. You know exactly what you are getting from day one! The program is also very easy to setup and use. The support is fantastic. Not being one that is up on all the latest technology, they took the time to walk me through things, step by step. They were answering my questions and assisting right away so I never had to wait.

Cons

Being in Canada, there are some features that cannot be used based on the payment processing company we use. There is none that allow same functionalities as in the US. I am sure it will be in a future update.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

We were looking for a program with no additional/hidden fees for options. We wanted one price and know what was included without having to purchase/increase costs for updates. Wanted a no hassle program that would be user friendly for everyone.

Andre from Somerset West Kung Fu Academy

This is the "One" look no further!

We have tried a few other before I found "Martial Arts on Rails" - they were not user friendly for both owner/teacher and students/parents. Bookings and attendance online in digital format rarely works. Online signup and registration needs to run smooth and fast. People don't have time to figure out how. Thus, the teacher must be able to do the signup process of students. Parents and students love to check their "stats" online and connect through that with the teacher. Interaction is key!

Pros

It is open and easy to use. No skills needed, except knowledge of your structure and program of your school. Everything is editable and that makes it so easy to use, like a "sandbox' type of open world that you can easy create. It addresses all aspects a martial arts school needs.

Cons

My rating truly is all positive. So far I have not found any dislike.

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

I found that customers normally choose the easiest path possible. They dislike being notified over mobile devices the whole time (WhatsApp). They don't want to even install software on phones. Then you need to have a separate invoicing application as well. With separate customer information. Attendance tracking is done through the normal physical sign in process used in schools. So all the information is scattered and that makes efficiently running the school difficult.

Leigh-Ann from Summit Martial Arts Ltd.

Best Martial Arts Specific Software We've Used, Exceptional Customer Service

The customer service with MAonRails has been fantastic. Eran goes out of his way to help and answers quickly. They were also willing to work with us on price which for a small school is greatly appreciated.

Pros

The interface is clean, easy to navigate for students and administrator. Easy to customize and get up and running quickly. Like the family account feature, belt ranks are easy to create, add, and modify. Customer Service is fantastic, quick answers and always willing to help.

Cons

That each document cannot have a customizable email saved. A bit difficult to navigate belt ranks when different classes can count towards time in grade. Also, the gym schedule is not great. Would like to see a month at a time.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

We did the free trial with CMS and the interface was messy, hard to navigate and the roll over had to be done by their tech. There were too many complicated back door options and buttons.

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

Mindbody was ridiculously expensive and did not care what so ever about small business. The martial arts version was nothing special and they had no plans to work on martial arts specific improvements.

Brandon from Drilich Combat Academy

Company Director Review

I have had no issues with MAOR and am very happy with the software!

Pros

Very easy to use integrated with the Australian direct debit company (stripe), nothing is over complicated and hard to find and the (help) tap is actually very useful and I have personally used it multiple times!

Cons

The only con I would say is that all communication is dealt with over email the replies are always prompt what is good! But that is the only communication that is offered between client and MAOR it would be very beneficial if there were other points of communication e.g skype, phone call etc, especially at the beginning stages of looking to sign up other than that I think it is a really good software for martial arts schools and I am very happy with it!

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

I found everything was easy to understand, the price was very fair and it was catered for martial art schools.

Kyle from Raptor Jiu Jitsu

Industry: Law Practice

Great software for managing a martial arts gym.

Pros

I like the customer service the most. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been most helpful and promptly responded to any questions or concern that I have had. Beyond that, the breadth of capabilities of the software is really great and I discover new functionality of the software almost weekly.

Cons

There are very few cons with this software. There are little things that have come up here and there, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has resolved them quickly or helped us find a workaround.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

The user interface is what drove me to choose MA on Rails initially. After looking deeper I found that the functionality our gym was looking for is here and is an all in one package. Great product.

Reuven from Pinellas County Aikikai Dojo

An up and coming top notch tool for martial arts schools

So far so great! Very few complaints/frustrations from members during transition as opposed to previous softwares used like zenplanner etc... where every step was met with crashing apps and the like. Here we have a program that works right in every smartphone/computer’s browser. Just log in and access everything, including remote training videos, which right now are crucial. Would love to see some more features surrounding support for remote training, but considering the relative “newness” of the product and how great everything else has been for myself and my students - a solid A-!

Pros

Easy setup (BIG) Automated Payment Processing Easy “on the fly” changes Beautiful schedule for website Booking and checkins Built in waivers/agreements/forms Developer is constantly listening to users and giving feedback as to why software functions the way it does or when features will be ready and DELIVERS

Cons

Lack of robust reporting Lack of configurable signup menu (users see a long list that you can’t organize by category, yet) A lot of functionality seems to leverage and almost depend on you using the built-in website builder, so if you have your own website, it might feel limiting

Ease of use

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

Too complex for my needs Constantly getting lost in menus Reporting numbers always wrong/different Payment processing felt like a prison sentence Ugly embedded scheduler Constant student complaints

Brian from Procel Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Simple and User Friendly

Onboarding was easy, tutorial videos/FAQ was helpful, but it was already easy to navigate prior to even watching them.

Pros

I really enjoy the simplicity of setting my academy up on the software, the positive feedback from my students who use this for class reservations, and how easy it is to navigate day to day operations. I really wish I discovered this sooner so I could've saved myself from the headaches I experienced using other software platforms. Customer service is great and very responsive which helps for troubleshooting on the fly.

Cons

I think it would be great if there was a feature within the software to interact with members where they would be notified if an admin user posted something under the content section or even a community board where we can also post updates.

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

Their platform was advertised to be suitable for small businesses, but really it's designed for large health clubs or small fitness gyms like crossfit. I didn't find it user friendly at all from onboarding to day to day management. The customer service wasn't as receptive as they are more UK based so that didn't really help with timely responses or onboarding. I wouldn't recommend them to martial arts studios.

Matt from Agoge Combatives

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Excellent Software and Amazing Customer Service

My experience has been great. We've grown to extremely quickly, and a big part of that has been through our website contact forms. I can't say enough about the customer service and the simplicity of the software. Both are fantastic.

Pros

I chose this software because of the ease of implementation. Other companies wanted weekly conference calls to train me on the software. MA on Rails was very intuitive. I had no problems setting up my school. Any issue I have has been resolved immediately. Eran offers fantastic customer service. Customer service really sets them apart from larger companies.

Cons

I'd like some added features. You have everything you need to run your business, but there are a couple of things that would be nice to have. Expanded reporting and an app would be top of the list. The positives vastly outweigh any negatives.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

More modern and clean look. Positive reviews.

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

Constant phone calls and conference calls. I am running a business. I don't have time to schedule calls.

James from High Level Jiu Jitsu

Best software for us

Pros

This software is very easy to set up and manage. Our members can quickly and easily sign up and update their information at anytime. What’s even better is that there were no annoying sales calls from people trying to sell us of features we didn’t need.

Cons

K

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

Martial Arts on Rails had all the features we needed! It’s affordable and easy to use.

Molly from Kaijin MMA

Makes My Life So Much Easier

Using Martial Arts on the Rails has made my life much easier. With the last management software I was using I had to spend hours on the phone and honestly just dreaded going in to the gym to work on the computer. I now have a lot more confidence in the way that I am managing the business, our programs and our memberships and I am more organized.

Pros

I have found that this software is easy to use. It is pretty intuitive as how to navigate through the system. It is easy to add, cancel and manage memberships. I like the simplicity of running attendance and financial reports. I have found the support to be great, I always get a quick response. I also like how it is easy for me as an owner to control what kind of access my other gym staff has access to.

Cons

The only one thing I have found that I have had trouble with is when I search for a member if they are frozen their name doesn't come up in the search. I have to go to the frozen tab to find them.

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

MindBody was confusing. I also had security issues with my former business partner who went into our system after being fired and erased our member's billing information and tried to export their data- I was unhappy with the way it was handled.

Jordan from Spearfish Martial Arts

Martial Arts In rails

It’s cuts down tons on paperwork and allows the use of a card for recurring monthly payments. Those are huge. We also keep attendance and rank in this and it helps tons as well. I was skeptical at first but will say that we highly enjoy its function.

Pros

Best customer support around! Very streamline and easy to use Ever evolving with input from customers Less paperwork, mass emailing, just great in all areas. Fair priced

Cons

- sometimes can be a little glitchy but Customer support always is right on it.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

Cheaper and more affordable and designed specifically for martial artists needs.

Richard from Straight Blast Gym Niagara

Straight Blast Gym Niagara Loves MAO

Just a few days into getting the system operational for my gym I had many students message me saying they loved it, and how slick it looked. MAO is going to help me be even more personal with my students, and little details will no longer slip between the cracks.

Pros

I like how easy it is for my students to pre-book their classes, the dashboard is awesome showing me who is attending for the day's sessions, and the emailing system is one of my most liked features.

Cons

Any problem I thought I had with the program was actually with me. When I needed help, I messaged [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and every time he answered me back immediately. I have nothing but positives with MAO.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

The design of the interface/system. All the options. Ease of use. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] provides the quickest personal attention ever. Customer attention and service is second to none.

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

No pre-booking option at the time. No family grouping for memberships. No customizable fields. Did not like the email system.

Lindsay from Community Karate Center

Great option for beginners

Very happy overall. Service is key for me, makes me want to stay bc I have help when I need it.

Pros

The ease of use, and the customer response time, initially and ongoing as needed. I like the customization options specifically for Martial Arts.

Cons

It takes some time to learn the settings and it’s still something that I’m learning even after a year. Sometimes there are glitches. But with the immediate response (and tech help from the back-end) from the company, it makes it easier to handle.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

Price, we are new and we’re starting with a very small number of clients. Also we don’t need complex software. Simple is better.

Ben from FightBack 360, Inc

Industry: Public Safety

Excellent choice for member management

Pros

The team is quick to respond and open to suggestions for features. The setup is pretty simple and easily integrates with payment software. The FrontDesk option is a nice feature for allowing students to check in. Great set of features for the price.

Cons

Updating members isn't always easy. Some of the links and buttons don't work as expected. Ability to customize memberships, especially for 'no cost' memberships, is limited. No feature to allow for more than one version of a waiver to be used at the same time or to include a waiver and a membership agreement during the sign up process.

cost, support and usability of Zen Planner was much worse

Sebastiao from Team Torres MMA

Transformed our Club

Prior to using Martial Arts On Rails we operated a manual system and as a consequence we were losing track of payments, grading, etc. For our club to continue to grow and provide the type of service our students deserve we did some extensive research of automated systems and opted for Manonrails as we found it to be a feature rich system which not only manages the basics very well but also allows you to monitor trends and provides a variety of metrics on the clubs performance and tools to help you grow the club. The sytem was created and managed by CEO who himself is a Martial Artist and therefore uniquely understands the needs of a martial arts club. In the event of any issues or queries the responsiveness of their customer support is nothing short of exceptional, we are on a different time zone here in Europe but that has never been an issue. Maonrails has totally transformed how we manage our clubs and we would have no hesitation in recommending them!

Pros

Ease of day to day use...Does not need additional hardware (works off a smartphone, tablet, pc, etc).... Feature rich... Dashboard providing a snapshot of key metrics...

Cons

Nil - anytime we have identified a new feature that would benefit our club they have modified they system to add the desired feature.

Hollis & Joel from Total Woman Health Studio

New MAOR user

Extremely positive

Pros

Ease of use and presentation. The simple, yet data heavy presentation allows the user to have important information at the fingertips without unnecessary navigation.

Cons

Report customization. Probably not so much for the M.A. facility, but gym operators with a wide range of customers need to be able to generate custom data reports, especially those facilities who rely in part on dues reimbursement from member insurance programs. A growing segment of business as the aging population increases.

na

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

Cost, features and the build in interaction with the website

Tommy from 540 Taekwondo

Martial Arts on Rails is THE Best Management Tool for Martial Arts Schools

The services provided by Martial Arts on Rails are amazing. We use it every day whether we check for renewal dates, attendance tracking, belt promotions,

Pros

-Student/Attendance Tracking -Billing/Invoicing -Memberships -Easy to set up and import data -Affordable pricing for the software -Amazing customer service -Interactive portal for students/parents -Highly customizable + So much more

Cons

There are little to no cons to Martial Arts on Rails. Even if there are bugs or questions contacting them will you get you a response very quickly and you'll be guided to a resolution.

Cindy from Precision Martial Arts, LLC

Client management software for martial arts

We needed client management software for our martial arts gym; I switched to MA on Rails based on the recommendation of another gym owner. The author has been incredibly responsive about small changes we needed. Overall, it does what we need well and with a simple, clean interface.

Pros

It is simple to use and handles all our needs (managing clients, gym shop sales, attendance, scheduling). It's very flexible about types of membership options, from drop-ins to monthly. I like that the clients can access their own account. It has good tracking for attendance, bill paying, lets us freeze clients when needed. It also has a basic web-site.

Cons

The attendance check-in is a bit confusing when you have multiple classes running.

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

Mind-body is 3 times the price without the functionality we wanted.

Justin from JM Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Limited

Highly Recommended Tool

Overall experience has been great with Martial Arts on Rails from the staff all the way through to the system itself, the support is phenomenal and you're dealing with real people so it makes communication much easier... I would highly recommend this to anyone no matter how small or large the organisation it makes sense to invest in something that captures your payments and manages the data for you so you don't have to do it manually!

Pros

The ability to tailor the belts to suit my academy and secondly that once setup its easy to get people registered and actively using the system.

Cons

None - I have no issues with the software or its capabilities!

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

It was merely a trial and error basis for me and I was granted an extension to get the system setup and use it functionally to run my business.

Svenja from BJJ Team Basel

Easy to set up - super helpful in our daily workload

MAoR was super easy to implement in our gym and almost self explaining. If there was any question we got lightning fast responses and help. It seems they are still developing further features for the application and adding it with every update.

Pros

Members can admin their profiles themselves and keep them up to date Recurring payment and customized membership options Homepage set up via MAonRails Various Admin / Staff profiles with different access options

Cons

- payment options not compatible with Switzerland ;-)

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

MAoR is build for BJJ gyms, so it met exactly our needs. Pricing is very attractive and it offered the functions needed for our gym. We took the free trial and were convinced this is the software for our gym!

Joey from The Martial Arts Center

Slick looking and easy to use

My experience was great. I ended up choosing another product, but it wasn't because of any defect in the product. MAOR is both advanced and simple at the same time. It has all the basic functionality you need to get started right away. I had my site basics set up in about 10 minutes, and within an hour I had my contracts all set up and ready to merge. If you're after a highly tweakable product, this may not be it, but if you want something that is easy to use, provides a good user experience, or, most importantly, if you're not a technical person - if you just want something easy to use so you can run your club/school, then definitely consider this offering. This product is so easy to use that anyone could use it. That being said, I had a lot of questions when I started using it, but mostly related to trying to get it to do things that it wasn't designed to do. The support from the developer was outstanding. After asking a few questions to understand what I was trying to do, most of the things I was asking about were met with a "yeah, no problem, we can add that". I'd have not hesitation in suggesting you check out this product.

Pros

The interface is sharp, and simple to navigate and find what you're looking for. Able to set up a trial account and poke around without first having to sit through a lengthy pitch. Developer responsiveness and support.

Cons

The interface isn't very customizable (the color scheme and icons). Also the options for layout are pretty static.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the review and feedback, Joey, it's very much appreciated!

Heidi from Mission Submissions

Love this software!

Our clientele doubled within the first four months of using this software. It’s has been absolutely amazing.

Pros

Easy to set up new students. Easy to find history of payments. It’s very organized and easy to navigate. I love that our members have access to their own profiles.

Cons

Setting up family memberships is the hardest thing but it’s not that bad.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

The 30 day free trial drew me in to try it. It was recommended by another Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy. I made the decision to purchase it because it met our needs perfectly and was well within our budget.

Rachael from NC Budo Competitive Martial Arts Center

Prompt Responses and Excellent Customer Service

Using Martial Arts on Rails has allowed us to combine three different platforms into one accessible and easy to use program. We are now able to navigate through any membership requirement within the same system and it has really helped our day to day business run smoothly.

Pros

This system is extremely user friendly and it has been a smooth transition from our previous software. Very easy to navigate through all our memberships and features.

Cons

We have not had any issues with this software that wasn't promptly addressed by customer service. We needed an option of entering multiple payment methods in membership accounts and the option was provided the next day.

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

We needed a system that would allow us to have all our membership info in one place.

Douglas from Kido Kwan

Instructor

Pros

Having used a couple products prior, this one works best for our schools, because of the size, the affordability and features. We use to have to carry hard copies of paperwork/release now we can pull it at any location, even at tournaments sites if needed.

Cons

The inability to just read or replay to messages seems to be a bit problematic as I get email notifiations, but, if I don't read the email or on the message screen, those messages may go unanswered for some time.

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

This has online capability, pricing was within reach, and user features match what was needed.

Jean-Marc from EKTS LAUSANNE - SWITZERLAND

Great responsiveness

Easiness and reliability !

Pros

Easiness to use from any platform, as well as the support team that is 100% reliable in term of consideration and reactivity.

Cons

Minor adaptations that I would like to have for a better fit with our regional sport's issues.

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

More easy for a daily use

George from Kron Gracie Jiu-Jitsu

excellent software

Pros

Constantly improves software features. Very prompt with support and any questions. We highly recommend Martial Arts on Rails.

Cons

No complaints everything has worked very well.

Wilhelm from Science of Jiu Jitsu OG

MAOR a crucial tool

A very useful tool which is really recommended. A really very useful tool, especially for us as a martial arts school.

Pros

The software made our work a lot easier. Many processes are automated and not only improve the direct work with customers but also the processing of the data. As a young company, we are more than satisfied with the product. In addition, there is really very good customer service. Even small changes in the software used were implemented by MAOR in a very short time to meet our needs.

Cons

As with any new software, you have to get used to it. We often used the really excellent customer service when we had questions. But it was never a problem, it was always a quick fix

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

Because it was the best. And now after a while of use, it is even better then we though.

Leif from Bozeman Aikido

Perfect for our dojo

Nearly flawless. What few small problems I've had were quickly resolved by the founder. I have had ZERO problems with the back-end payment system or student management.

Pros

I love how easy it was to setup for our dojo! And it built our front landing page AND student portal all at the same time. Billing is easy and perfect. Nothing but great stuff

Cons

The template for the website is fixed with little customization aside from pictures. The schedule only shows one week at a time.

Michael from Escambia Martial Arts

Switching from Kicksite to Martial Arts On Rails

So far very impressed would recommend people giving this software a chance.

Pros

Website integration is awesome, I use square for my business and as far as I know this is the only software that integrates square into there system. The cost compared to kicksite is better as compared per student.

Cons

The only invoicing available is reoccurring would like to see one time invoicing for products or tests. Also would like to see more done with the ranking, maybe being able to put in requirements so to be able to track students progress also maybe a way to advance a testing group with a single click.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the review Michael! I'm glad you found our software useful. Worth noting that we definitely offer one-time charges and product sales, if you need help with using those features please get in touch and we'd be happy to help you out!

Marion from Trifecta MMA

Great Program

Been a great experience to us new owners so far.

Pros

I like the alerts when a payment is due or a member hasn't been present in a while.

Cons

I dislike not being able to give INDIVIDUAL stripes when a promotion is made. I can put stripes on the color belts, but it shows everyone with the same stripes. Hope that makes sense. Correcting this would make it easier for promotions.

Lucas from MooresvilleBJJ

Great software for the price

Pros

This software is great for the price. Very well thought out and well done

Cons

The website does not look great on desktop. Somewhat tough to align everything properly

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

I saw it on reddit years ago and remembered it.

Franck from UTS Jitsu

Great support

We are a university club, with 30-40 members. Just enough members to justify a membership system but not enough to afford the big names. We are a martial art club, so I look at 50+ different options and try ~10 that were affordable. MAOnRails was in the top 3, I was sold by the support that was absolutely, and still is, great. Very fast response to explain, correct or enhance. I can only recommend this software. It is not the cheapest but far from the more expensive. Definitely worth the money!

Pros

- Best support ever - Quick bug & features turnaround, even when paying the lowest plan - All features requests are considered and thought through - Payment integration with square and stripe - kiosk mode for in gym/dojo check-in - manager and members interface to allow members to see own membership, pay invoices, etc - integrated document management for waiver and T&Cs Many other features, I suggest you to do the free trial

Cons

It is really a great software, any cons I came across was swiftly corrected/updated by the great team behind the software. There hasn't been any request/features that where dismissed by the team so I want to say no cons!

Trish from Nanaimo Boxing Club

Awesome and Easy to Use Software at a Solid Price Range

Very positive experience overall. Customer service is amazing and I have no plans on changing software.

Pros

I really enjoy how easy it is to set up memberships, schedules, personal training and other sales using Martial Arts on Rails. Loads of flexibility for payments and how you choose tot run your business. We're a small, not for profit boxing gym so flexibility was absolute key.

Cons

I would like if there were a way to track athletes progress more a long with coaching plans so I could keep everything in one place more efficiently. Also, I know its not in the cards and it's not a huge deal- but would be amazing if there were an app.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

Ease of use and price point.

James from Lineage BJJ LLC

It works!

Love it!

Pros

Super easy to use, it works, and if you have a question they are very responsive.

Cons

Would like to add feature of being able to put in emergency contact photos. Also be able to click on members photos to enlarge an adjust. Some members add photos that are poor quality or too small to see their face clearly.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

Found your product by accident. Google top martial arts membership database. One page listed the top 10. You guys had the best overall reviews.

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

Spark couldn't / wouldn't help me with uploading my membership documents / agreements. Your software did it easily.

Ted from Sacramento Historical Fencing Academy

A useful management tool

I've been generally quite happy and find the system to address the majority of my needs.

Pros

Professional clean user interface. It's fairly easy to find the features in looking for. Further the help section and customer support have been excellent.

Cons

Lack of event management options. While it's pretty easy to add classes I would like to be able to manage special events, like seminars with guest instructors, on my schedule.

Reasons for Switching to Martial Arts on Rails

I was displeased with Rhinofits ease of use and ui design.

Master from Wing Chun International

Simple the best, better than all the rest.....

Been using their software coming up for 6 months and so far they get 10 out of 10.

Pros

What can I say, I have tested many systems promising so much and in the end either too difficult to learn or just doesn't deliver. However with Martial Arts on Rails it was completely different, easy to set up, easy to use and students/instructors love it.

Cons

Nothing... I have tried so many other systems and to pick something wouldn't help someone looking to test their system. Yes I have things I would like developed for my organisation and their support team are truly there if you need them... I wished i found them years ago....

Chad from Refuge Martial Arts Ozark

Streamlined my school

Streamlining my school.

Pros

Martial Arts On Rails has helped me tremendously in streamlining my students info. I have been taking role and keeping up with ranks on paper for about a year prior to implementing this platform. This is my first time operating software or an online platform. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! My school is starting to grow and MAonRails is making things a breeze to keep up with. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is super quick to email me back if I have questions. I give this company an A+.

Cons

It seems to operate better on a laptop or desktop versus a smartphone.

Suzanne from Maverick Training Center

Great customer service

This software has helped our business grow. The customer service is second to none!

Pros

Easy to use and the customer service is outstanding.

Cons

Learning how to use this new software. A change in our usual routine, but it was much needed.

Jared from Soma Jiu-Jitsu Academy - Idaho Falls

Exceptional product

Saves me time and money. Very good product!

Pros

It is quite intuitive. It does so many things for me that I would spend endless time trying to do for myself. It is also priced fairly.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Replied August 2017

Thanks for the review, Jared, and for being a valued customer for so long! -Eran

William from Kensho-Ryu Webster

Karate Software for Dojo

Excellent experience.

Pros

The software gave me control over all aspects of the Dojo. Basic information about all students, billing, tracking testing and rank and attendance.

Cons

Overall there wasn't anything that I can say was bad.

Shareef from Asiatic Martial Arts

Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution

Great program!

I really like your program! The software is easy to use and the website is very simple to edit, especially for someone like me who is NOT very savvy when it comes to things like this!  Thank you for this!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, as well as the automatic billing feature. It allows me to focus on teaching, and I don't have to stop class to take payments. I also really like the simplicity of the website and how simple it is to add or make edits.

Cons

I kept getting spam messages in my lead form, now that Captcha has been added that is no longer a problem!

Nick from Gracie Barra Edmonds

Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution

Pros

Intuitive design, it took almost no effort to get up and running. Comprehensive feature set, leaves very little wanting in terms of functionality.

Cons

Some idiosyncrasies with the roles and permissions that take some learning. For example, if you create a dedicated user for front desk mode and then don’t give that user member permissions, new members can sign up through front desk mode but can’t add their billing information.

Earl from Alpha & Omega Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Fantastic software

Payment system and student lead tracking is unparalleled.

Pros

This software is amazing for keeping a martial arts school on track. They are continually improving features as well and we highly recommend anyone use it.

Cons

The website feature could offer more freedom for design.

Chris from AXT JiuJitsu

Excellent Gym Management Portal

My overall experience has been positive. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is very responsive to email questions. The software system meets my needs and is cost effective. I still have more to learn about it’s functionality but things are going well.

Pros

Ease of accessibility to manage many aspects of the club I operate

Cons

The amount of times I’ve had to reach out for assistance. The FAQs are helpful but not as clear as they could be

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

Came highly recommended by another business owner

Carlos from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Puerto Rico

My experience with Martial Arts On Rail has been positive.

Pros

The ease of the software. All understandable. Its all on your hands. It basically has everything you need to administrate your business. Customer service is an A++++.

Cons

It should have a better ranking and attendance system. A way that you can input an amount of days or hours for each belt level and we could get notified we when will each student be ready for promotion.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Replied August 2017

Thank you for the review, Carlos! We'll keep improving our platform to suit your needs -Eran