• icon"I researched 3 different companies offering similar models, and Volo has the best service at the best price. Their friendly support was incredible and made set-up so easy with their live support."
  • icon"Love the customer care reps that come with it as well. Everyone is very nice and super helpful at Member Solutions."
  • icon"Easy to use and follow along with. Also they have great training to use the program with great follow up service."
  • icon"Unable to upload documents to email out, unable to search via questions, hard to customise to our specific needs."
  • icon"Payments/Invoices are difficult to track because they are all labeled the same date regardless of when the customer pays."
  • icon"There is no independent frozen list in the report section, so it is extremely hard to accurately calculate monthly revenue totals."

All Member Solutions Reviews

Gary

Time used: Free Trial

June 2015

Member Solutions will free you up to do what you love to do - teaching martial arts.

Member Solutions has serviced my business, The Baltimore Martial Arts Academy, since its inception in 1996. Over the years, I have been approached by other billing companies such as EFT, Martial Soft, Mind Body, Kicksight. and others. All of these other companies claimed they could save me money and offer better service for my business. This could not be further from the truth and was obvious to me even after a few minutes on the phone with them. If you are just starting your business, I can promise you that you will have delinquent customers from time to time. If you are already in business, you would agree with me that a 10% delinquency rate is typical. Dealing with delinquencies is not fun and not something you want to spend your time doing. Let the professionals at Member Solutions handle this for you and pay the extra money ' it's worth every cent. I once received a phone call directly from Joe Galea, an executive officer of Member Solutions and at the time an owner. He called to simply touch base and ask me what I thought about the service that I had been receiving from Member Solutions. We talked for almost 45 minutes and afterwards I felt like I made a friend. Once even Joe's mom called me for the same reason! This warmed my heart and made me feel truly valued not only as a customer but as a person, you can't put a price on that. My wife and I also met Joe in person at a Member Solutions event in Philadelphia. I can tell you that he is a genuine and a sincere person and he really does care about his clients. Annette Benning, one of the client specialists at Member Solutions, is my constant life-saver. She calls me at least once every month just to ask me if there is anything that I need to discuss concerning my account. Whenever I have a question or an issue I call Annette directly and she is always available. In fact, Annette usually preemptively calls me before I even know I have an issue! You can ask my wife, Annette has saved my butt many times. She is awesome! If you're considering handling billing on your own ' don't. If you considering another billing service ' don't. Member Solutions will free you up to do what you want to do and what you love to do, teaching and sharing martial arts with your students.

Response from Member Solutions

Gary, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of 19 years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining Long Term Relationships with our clients. Thank you for such an in depth review of Member Solutions, and know that we appreciate your business. I look forward to many more years of success. - Joe Galea - Senior Vice President Client Relations

Replied May 2016

Jacki

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Super easy to use, and when it's not, just call someone! Everyone is great help!

I don't have to chase people who are problematic. If i have questions someone always answers. I never have to wait long to talk to someone. Everything that i implement in the software happens fast.

Pros

I like the ease of access. Everything is super straight forward, logical and makes sense. I really like the layout and how everything is set up for data entry. I also like it allows the option for statement billing. It's really flexible with the options it allows the client to enter. Everything is easy to see and easy to find.

Cons

The only issue I've ever had was just where do I find this and I just call and talk to someone and they help me right away. If I were to improve anything, and this is just minor, but the font size is small on the navigation and me, and a few of our other instructors, all wear glasses and find it difficult to read at times.

Response from Member Solutions

Jacki, thank you for your kind words, feedback and recommendation. We are always happy to help our clients--whenever or wherever they need us. We're grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your business. We look forward to our continued partnership.

Replied November 2017

Ryan

October 2022

MSI claimed a verbal inquiry to cancellation was a binding agreement under their harsh terms.

They touch your money which is pointless because the tech exists to get paid directly with other services. They will treat you like garbage if you mention cancelling. They will hold onto exorbitant amounts of your money if you attempt to cancel early. If you wind down your service to avoid this they will claim your verbal inquiry into quitting constitutes a signed agreement to quit under their ridiculous terms and then hold your money anyways.

Pros

The best part of their software is the help button so you can talk to an employee every time their cumbersome software does something other than what you wanted.

Cons

For simple tasks like changing a customer payment method you will need to dig through many pages to select the same option multiple times. If you forget one step your changes won't happen and you will have unhappy customers.

Reasons for choosing Member Solutions

Inherited choice through franchising agreement.

Courtney

I find it frustrating how many things cant be tailored or edited in a way that would better serve us

Pros

The customer service- they are always so quick to respond. The chat function makes life super easy! Reps are awesome.

Cons

Invoicing has many limitations. Can't edit or go back once an invoice is created. Software seems to have random glitches with invoicing. It will show that it's processed and then the next day it will go back to being owing, etc.

Response from Member Solutions

Courtney, thank you for sharing your feedback. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to provide you with excellent customer service. If you have any questions regarding editing and processing invoices please contact our support team at 877.600.3811, as we have a very recent release with enhancements to these areas. Thank you for your partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

Raquel

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Decent but needs more options

Pros

Ease of low maintenance with ppl being able to book and pay all at once. It is easy to log on most of the time

Cons

You only have the option to cxl a class directly before the class or 24 hours prior. It is a HUGE disatifier

Response from Member Solutions

Hi, Raquel. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our software and services. We're so glad to hear that we've helped keep your bookings low maintenance. I have submitted your thoughts on allowing an hourly designation to booking cancellations, for future development consideration. If there¿s any additional information required, a Support Representative will reach out to you. Thank you for your business and partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

Replied April 2018

Della

works well

Pros

easy tracking of client appointments, easy to tell when a client owes money. Easy for payroll and scheduling of multiple appointment types

Cons

unable to upload documents to email out, unable to search via questions, hard to customise to our specific needs

Response from Member Solutions

Della, thank you for sharing your feedback. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to provide easy tracking for appointments and finances to you and your business. If you have a question regarding customizations, please contact our support team at 877.600.3811. Thank you for your partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

Replied June 2018

Lauren

Software can be challenging and lacking functionality, but customer support is always helpful.

Pros

The task and alert system for tracking what needs to happen next to follow up with a lead or member is incredibly useful, as well as the associated "Contact log" that lets you see all of the correspondence you and other employees have recorded with a lead. Different businesses will find different levels of success with using it's various reports and features based on how they initially set up the software and what kind of check-in system they use.

Cons

Sometimes does not communicate properly with MS billing side so that discrepancies appear once in a while. Small functionality bugs, like not being able to set a class or event to repeating forever, create annoyances and problems. Customer service can help with work arounds. Web Widgets are useful, but lead capture widget is very constrained to specific inputs.

Response from Member Solutions

Lauren, thank you for sharing your feedback. We're so glad to hear that we've helped you with tracking tasks and communications to both leads and members. We are currently working to enhance billing synchronization. In the meantime, please contact to our support team with any issues or concerns. We'd like to learn more about how we can improve your experience. You can reach us at 877.600.3811 or support@membersolutions.com. - The Member Solutions Team

Incredible Customer Support

Pros

The billing website is a bit cumbersome and out of date, but the customer service is absolutely incredible. Each time I speak with a representative, they are quick to help out and very knowledgeable. Their Premium Package is great. I don't have to chase down students for payment or declined credit cards. MSI takes care of all of the billing for me, so I can just focus on my school and my students.

Cons

The user interface is a bit antiquated and doesn't work well on mobile devices. It would be nice to see a facelift.

Response from Member Solutions

Chris, thank you for sharing your feedback. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to provide you, and your business, with the Customer Support you deserve. We appreciate your thoughts on how we can enhance our billing website and will be sure to reach out if we have additional questions. Thank you for your partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

Replied November 2017

Laurie

Have been using for billing for a few years

Ability for clients to register themselves and ability to process sales without POS machine

Pros

I like the color and Graphics, they are easy to read. As a non-tech type person I find the Volo system intuitive and pretty user friendly. It is fairly easy to adjust price discounts and to process refunds.

Cons

There seem to be some picky details - like contract dates that seem difficult to fix by myself and require assistance from help suppor person

Response from Member Solutions

Laurie, thank you for sharing your feedback. We're so glad to hear that we've provided you with a visually pleasing and intuitive software. We are working to enhance the ability to process real-time adjustments to contracts. In the meantime, please contact to our support team with any issues or concerns. We¿d like to learn more about how we can improve your experience. You can reach us at 877.600.3811 or support@membersolutions.com. ¿ The Member Solutions Team

Nicholas

May 2022

Great

They always go above and beyond to make sure my business needs are met. My Customers have never complained about them in over 10 years. The Staff is very knowledgeable and personable, and they always try to help find a solution to any issues or problems.

Pros

The Billing and Payment Processing is awesome. Member Solutions takes care of all of it so that I can focus on teaching classes.

Cons

The MSI Portal is sometimes challenging to enter new Billing Agreements. The Form hasn't changed in 10 years, and processing the initial down payments sometimes takes too long.

Derrek

September 2016

I'm using all of their services to help grow my business

I’m Derrek Hofrichter. I’m the owner of East Valley Krav Maga. I opened my school up in 2011. I spent the first year or so handling billing internally. I thought I was saving money. It turns out I was wasting a lot of time and not actually saving money. And so I found Member Solutions, and I’ve been a client of theirs since then. They’ve helped me out in so many different ways. I really appreciate their professionalism and their customer service, and I trust them to have the interaction with my members and to take care of them. Since using them for a while for the billing, I’ve now started to use myVolo front-desk software. That’s been a huge relief to have the front-desk software tied into the billing as well. It saves us so much hassle. And the duplication that we were doing before has now all been eliminated. It’s so much more efficient. And most recently I’ve started using the Event Manager software as well. I like how simple it is, and it’s enabled me to actually run more seminars just because it’s easy to use, and it takes care of a lot of the work that I was trying to piece together with other systems before. Thank you Member Solutions. I’m very happy to be a client and appreciate you helping me grow my business.

I have been with Member Solutions for 15 years and my experience with them has been amazing.

Pros

I like the ease / user friendliness about the software. It is very easy to navigate around to check reports etc. Love the customer care reps that come with it as well. Everyone is very nice and super helpful at Member Solutions. Great team and software!! Member Solutions is always trying to improve and evolve with the times.

Cons

I really like the software and have really nothing to criticize. But if I had to pick something then I would say that I would like the ability to freeze and unfreeze accounts, but calling in or writing a web note is not a problem so it is not of huge concern at al.

Response from Member Solutions

Paul, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of 15 years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining long-term partnerships with our clients. We¿re grateful for your trust and support. We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent customer service and user friendly products for many years to come. ¿ The Member Solutions Team

Jeffrey

I could not run my business without Membership Manager from Member Solutions.

The software is easy to use. It does scheduling, emails, one-time payments, recurring payments and Member Solutions follows up with my delinquent account. I cannot say enough great things about this software and the company

Pros

The software is easy to use. I am not very technical when it comes to computers and the software makes it easy for me to schedule and take one-time and recurring payments. The best part is that they call my delinquent customers for me! I have not made a delinquency call in 6 years as they do it for me. I am now thinking about getting a merchant account through Member Solutions as well to take one-time payments.

Response from Member Solutions

Jeff, thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We're so glad to hear that our software has had a positive impact on your business. We recommend our preferred partner for merchant processing, Constellation Payments, to handle your one-time payments. Please contact us at 888.277.4409 with questions.

Replied October 2017

Nick

Wonderful, we haven't had any problems with the program or staff

Pros

Searching and checking in for families is very easy. The staff is always a pleasure to speak with, very knowledgeable and patient when it comes to explaining things and answering questions for training and every day needs.

Cons

We would love to have all of the information listed on one page instead of clicking into different categories. Financial reports should include ALL payments for the month, instead of not including future payments, and not including accounts that have gone from active to paid.

Response from Member Solutions

Hi, Nick. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our software and services. We're so glad to hear that we've helped simplify your day-to-day. We'd like to learn more about your thoughts on our financial reports. Please call 877.600.3811 to speak with our support team. Thank you for your business and partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

Replied September 2017

Frank

Overall, MSI programming is good. I have tried using other services and I am still very happy.

Pros

MSI is extremely user friendly with logical programming and top-notch customer service. The administrative reports are also easy to navigate and full of essential details. I particularly like the new collection service (first data credit) that has been integrated a few years back.

Cons

Response from Member Solutions

Frank, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of nearly seven years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining long-term partnerships with our clients. We are grateful for your trust and support. We look forward to continuing to provide top notch customer service for many years to come. ¿ The Member Solutions Team

Replied December 2017